Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


6,001 to 6,050 of 6,403 << first < prev | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

After the long day, you retire to your rooms. You fall asleep, overcome by the strange sense of peace and well-being, such as you've never felt in the lands threatened by the Dark God.

What passes for morning in this strange city comes and you join your friends downstairs, for breakfast.

You enjoy the abundance of food and strange drink, but some time after you start with the breakfast, a party of black-skinned elves enters the common room. They look at you, and than at the innkeeper.

Shadar:
"More Summerlanders, I see?"
, asks the one at the head of the party, raising his eyebrow. The innkeeper just shrugs. The elf turns to you and asks in the language of
Shadar:
"What are you doing here, Summerlanders?"


Male Erunsil (Snow Elf) Fighter 5

Unsure what these elves are saying, Sky simply stares at them impassively.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

"Duncan, what are they saying ?

Gilian looks at the newcomers, trying to figure out their intentions.

Sense motive 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19


"They want to know what we're doing here"


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Crunk fills in Tenebral Vryce on the rest of what he knows overnight and eventually makes his way down for breakfast. When the elves begin speaking, Crunk looks at them with a dumb expression.

Black-skinned elves, will the wonders never cease? I wonder what they are?
Knowledge (Lore) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Knowledge (Shadow) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Dark Archive

They are obviously Shadar, elven-like majority race of the Gloomnight.


Raven Spiritual Channeler 5

"Do we know what we're doing here? Tell 'em we were following an apple."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
Muni, Keeper of Memories wrote:
"Do we know what we're doing here? Tell 'em we were following an apple."

Gilian picks up a piece of bread to throw at Muni. "Shut up and eat. Tell them we're looking for one of us that looks like Solvi."


Solvistania is quiet and somber this morning and she says little, instead preferring to concentrate on eating her meal. Nothing escapes her gaze while she watches the unusual elves walk into the inn. As Gilian mentions her name she draws her hood back, allowing the elves to see a glimpse of her snow white hair and blood-red eyes.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Crunk hooks his thumb to point as Solvi as she pulls back her hood.

Shadar:

They say they're looking for someone that looks like her. I'm just along for the ride.


nightflier, how many of them are there and do they look threatening and what kind of weapons do they carry?


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Sorok mutters in an annoyance under his breath before taking a long draw from his mug.
Shadar:

Spoiler:
"Little enough with ye, or yer city."

He then looks down at his drink and speaks in Old Dwarven. A frosty, neutral expression on his face.
"As far as I can figure, there's some sorta politics goin on 'ere. Waste o' time, if ye ask me. Take care o yer words and watch fer those tryin t' pry too deep."


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona's eyes scan the elves, viewing their movements and actions, getting a feel for their social structure.

Dark Archive

There are five of them. They are wearing their unusual armor, so you can not exactly determine its strengths and weaknesses. All of them are wearing two long blades, slightly curved by the looks of their scabards. They are not looking friendly.


Diplomacy 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

Duncan translates the words with more accuracy and, he hopes, more courtesy.

"Gentleman, we are but visitors in your city, looking for one of one of my companions' kin. As you can see, we come from the summerlands. These are Gilian, Ilona, Solvistania, Sorok, Sky'tor Muni and I am Duncan."


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Shadar:
"Now ye know our business. Either tell us wha' ye know or move on."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

second dotting test

Dark Archive

This game is live once more.


Male Erunsil (Snow Elf) Fighter 5

Redot


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

dot


goose


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Is this game actually going to jump off again?


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Not sure, but redotting


Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Barbarian 2 AC29 HP128 F+14 W+6 R+6 Perception +14

Okay I have to ask what is dotting and repotting mean


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

If you don't continue to post, you stop getting notified of new posts in the thread. The term dot comes from the dot Paizo adds next to the title of any thread that you have posted in. So basically when you see someone post dot, all they're doing is making sure that dot (and any new posts that are made) keep showing up.


Male Erunsil (Snow Elf) Fighter 5

Ditto dot


Male Erunsil (Snow Elf) Fighter 5

I"m assuming this game is somewhat Kaput.

Dark Archive

While the curious standoff continues, the inn door suddenly opens and tall figure dressed in white robes stumbles inside, falling to the floor after couple of steps.

Solvi:
You recognize your eldest brother, Erunthalion.


Solvistania's blood red eyes widen in surprise as a look of recognition flashes across her face. She turns to the healer Gilian and hisses "That is who we seek, my kin Erunthalion!"


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Whoever he is, Gilian is already moving towards the stranger. With non threatening gestures, she comes to him and talks quetly in trader's tongue then in halfling. "I wish you no harm, I'm a healer, let me have a look at you."

Heal check 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

Dark Archive

As you turn him on his back, you see that the person in question is in fact a tall elorg, with noble features and blood red eyes of his kind. His hair is very long, almost to his knees, and he shares resemblance with Solvistania. "What... Who are you?", he asks with weary voice. "Solvistania... is that you, little sister? What are you doing here, Youngest?"

Gilian:
Erunthalion is not injured, but he is exhausted almost to his final breath. He is painfully thin and malnourished. Also, you can not but notice that he has six fingers on each hand. By the slightly unusual make of his boots, you can safely assume that the same goes for his feet.


Solvistania doesn't respond immediately as she is nearly overwhelmed with memories, long buried memories that she did not want to deal with right now. Still she knew there would need to be a reconciliation at some point. Just not now.

"I...I was looking for you...my Brother."

Dark Archive

"Why, Sister? This is no place for you. You are still weak in Power, and this place has tasked even me." He shakes Gilian away and starts to rise. "Who are your companions?"

Dark Archive

In the meantime, the Shadar soldiers seem to be recovering from the surprise.

Shadar:
"What is this, by Thorn? And who is this person? What are you Summerlanders up to?"
, cries the leader of the warriors, pulling his blade out of scabbard.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Shadar:

"Hey, easy does it pal. Looks like a family reunion. Exactly what they told you they were up to. Doesn't look like trouble to me. Certainly not worth making a mess and spilling blood all over."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

When Erunthalion tries to push Gilian away, she does not resist but tries to calm him so she can work.
"As I said, I'm just a healer and I came with your sister to find you. Please, let me try something to help you feel better."

If Erunthalion seems willing, Gilian will cast lesser restoration from her heroic path to cure 1d4 ⇒ 4 ability damage if needed and to move Erunthalion from exhausted to fatigued.


Earth Elemental Familiar 5

In the mean time, a lump of rock starts to unfold itself into a small dog as Pebble raises, ready to defend his mistress if necessary.


Solvistania waits until Erunthalion joins her table before she responds softly, "I may be young...much younger than you by far, yet that does not obviate our need here."

Nearby, a white haired coon cat slips behind Solvistania, ears flattened and a low growl emanates from her mouth.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

The entrance of the Elorg had caught him by surprise but the reaction of the Shadar hadn't.

Sorok stood from the table, grabbing his shield in the process.

Shadar:
"Ye don' wan' this te turn into a fight."

Dark Archive

Shadar leader points his saber at Sorok, and laughs with scorn.

Shadar:
"What is this? A hairy goblin? Will wonders never cease?

Sorok, please check out the DT.

Dark Archive

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:

Solvistania waits until Erunthalion joins her table before she responds softly, "I may be young...much younger than you by far, yet that does not obviate our need here."

Nearby, a white haired coon cat slips behind Solvistania, ears flattened and a low growl emanates from her mouth.

Accepting Gilian's ministrations, Erunthalion turns his eyes towards Shadar, saying: "You will tell me of your need later, Sister. For now, blood may still be spilled. And that should be avoided at all costs at this place. Is it not so, Inkeeper?"

This is happening at the same time and parallel with Crunk's and Sorok's actions. Everyone, Perception please.


Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Once again, Duncan calmly raises his hand, completely confident and speaks to shadar elves in their own language.

Shadar:
"Like I told you, gentlemen. We are but passengers here and we bear no ill will to anybody here, so there is no need for you to draw weapons. We do not wish to tangle into your affairs, nor have we broken any laws that we are aware of. Please, let it not come to bloodshed, it would do nobody any good."


Perception 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 = 14


Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Gilian's Perception1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Pebble's Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


I'm assuming Chops is not part of the sequence yet.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:
I'm assuming Chops is not part of the sequence yet.

No, but you may descend to the common room from the 2nd floor whenever you like.


Forgot this: Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Dark Archive

Perception DC 20:
Erunthalion's words obviously had some effect on the innkeeper. For some reason, he seems to be troubled.

6,001 to 6,050 of 6,403 << first < prev | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.