Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


5,951 to 6,000 of 6,403 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>

Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
Crunk wrote:

Going to assume that Muni talked before Crunk showed up.

Ilona Ebonblade wrote:
"Well met Vryce, I'm Ilona, and my stalwart guardian here is Muni. Don't worry he's likely to do more damage to your ego than your body as long as you're on the right side. Your friend might consider changing his eating habits though."
Crunk laughs, a short, choppy laugh that almost sounds like he has something caught in his throat, "Guardian? Looks more like a snack. Vryce is right, bet you didn't know us goblins have high metabolisms. So, y'all seem to know the dwarf. What's up with that?"

"To answer your question, we met a long time ago and worked together in some of the strangest places you will find over or under Eredane. Well you you don't count here as part of Eredane. We got separated seven years ago and have just found each other again."


Gilian wrote:


"Sorry, it's a professional habit. I'm also a healer, so if you have any issues with your health, please let me know."

Vryce looks at Crunk and smiles and says, "Not worried about my health."


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

A short, sharp laugh escapes Crunk's mouth, "Heh! You mean aside from an extra pair of arms or this." From a dark protuberance on Crunk's left side you see a sudden twitch and a dark mass separates from the goblin's skin. It stretches out and you see tiny eyestalks with red eyes look curiously at you before it skitters up onto his shoulder, dozens of tiny legs moving faster than your eye can follow. Just as quickly, you see it scurry back down and then meld back into Crunk’s skin. "Perfectly normal, right boss?"

Dark Archive

Gilian wrote:
Duncan Bloodforged wrote:

Duncan respectfully stands up from his seat, offering his hand first to Sorok, saying: "I've been practicing with a forge, old friend,I'm now almost as good as Ragnar was."

Then, turning to the Vryce and his... Crunk, he also extends his hand and says: "I'm very glad that we've found other people from our own world in this shadowy domain. My name is Duncan, and this here would be our leader and my much better half, Gilian."

Gilian smiles at the kind and loving words of Duncan. "Let's just say I'm the one trying to get all of them to work together."

She stands up once again and moves round the table to shake hands with the two newcomers. While she does that, she looks for vital signs, breath, pulse...
Heal check for Tenebral 1d20+15
Heal check for Crunk 1d20+15
Heal check for Sorok 1d20+15

"Sorry, it's a professional habit. I'm also a healer, so if you have any issues with your health, please let me know."

Gilian:
Whatever Tenebral is, he is not alive. Crunk seems to be completely different than goblins you know. His body is completely aberrant. Sorok is the same old Sorok.

Raven Spiritual Channeler 5
Sorok Hamfael wrote:


"So he fell, too bad. He was a grea' 'elp with a' the forge."

"Not really. More like he...traded...with Sky here. I don't really know how it worked, only that it didn't work the way it was supposed to. Ragnar's gone, so we can't ask him, and Sky don't really remember much. I'd bet your eyeballs that it won't be permanent though."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
Tenebral Vryce wrote:
Gilian wrote:


"Sorry, it's a professional habit. I'm also a healer, so if you have any issues with your health, please let me know."

Vryce looks at Crunk and smiles and says, "Not worried about my health."

"No, I guess not, I can only heal the living."

Raising her eyes, she catches his eyes and speaks in a very articulate voice. "I'm just warning you, though. Do not try anything with my friends. You'll find me on your way. And you have not idea what I can do."

She keeps smiling all the way through.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Standing up Sorok greets Duncan with a strong handshake. "Yer as formal as ever. Though' seven years might've changed tha' for ye. Good t' know yer better a' a forge. Migh' need ye."

Sorok looks at Gilian. "Tenebral is a sight strange lass, bu' he 'ates the Shadow no less than ye or meself. The Goblin is a bi' odd 'imself but resourceful. Now I be a bi' curious as t' 'ow ye lot came t' be 'ere."


Gilian wrote:

"I'm just warning you, though. Do not try anything with my friends. You'll find me on your way. And you have not idea what I can do."

Vryce gives her a short bow in response, "Of course". The slight amused smile never leaves his face, but it was delivered with no hint of mockery.

Dark Archive

Picking up empty jugs and platters, innkeeper pauses and asks: "So, how many rooms do you folks need? And how long are you staying?"


Solvistania looks over to the innkeeper, and her companions notice a haunted look in her eyes. "I would prefer a room for myself and my per here." She responds softly while stroking Felina's fur.

Dark Archive

I've just come home, after full day at work, so I'm not posting today. Sorry. I'm gonna post as soon as I wake up.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Crunk rolls his eyes. When he speaks, his voice is dripping with sarcasm, "Oh yeah, the rooms are great. Perfect for you and the kitten to hole up. Say, why are you people here anyway? Looking for the dwarf?"

He looks over at Vryce, "Hey boss, how long are we staying for? We waiting for these folks or something else?"


Crunk wrote:


He looks over at Vryce, "Hey boss, how long are we staying for? We waiting for these folks or something else?"

Vryce has no response to the goblin, only a look that sends the message that he isn't about to say anything.


Crunk wrote:
Crunk rolls his eyes. When he speaks, his voice is dripping with sarcasm, "Oh yeah, the rooms are great. Perfect for you and the kitten to hole up. Say, why are you people here anyway? Looking for the dwarf?"

Crunk hears a voice in his mind...

Crunk:
"Purrrr...I am NOT a kitten, I am a fully grown Coon Cat...purrrr...(sniff) it seems you need to wash yourself..."


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

"Ack!" Crunk starts so badly that he nearly falls out of his chair. It balances precariously for a moment. Then he gets it under control and brings it back to rest. He shakes his head. "First talking birds, now cats, sorry coon cats in my head. Just what are you people?"

Dark Archive

"Please, I need to hear from each of you what kind of rooms would you prefer and how many rooms. I have other guests, you know. And how long do you plan to stay?", asks the innkeeper.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
nightflier wrote:
"Please, I need to hear from each of you what kind of rooms would you prefer and how many rooms. I have other guests, you know. And how long do you plan to stay?", asks the innkeeper.

"I would obviously share with Dunca," says Gilian with a smile. "However, Ilona, if you prefer not to be alone, I can also share with you. And Duncan will have to the with the others, for once."

She turns to the innkeeper.

"To answer your questions, we are looking for someone, however, it is difficult to predict how long this will take us, specially as time does not seem to flow the same way here and outside."


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

"No' much but one o' ye could room with me if yer needin."

Crunk wrote:
"Ack!" Crunk starts so badly that he nearly falls out of his chair. It balances precariously for a moment. Then he gets it under control and brings it back to rest. He shakes his head. "First talking birds, now cats, sorry coon cats in my head. Just what are you people?"

"They're an unusual lo' fer sure, bu' they're good people. Saved me hide more'n once. Ye'll get used t' it."

After chiming in Sorok strokes his beard looking thoughtful for a moment, then turns to Solvistania. "Weren't ye lo' lookin fer someone las' time we were together?"


Vryce looks at the innkeeper with a long stare, "Crunk and I will have a room, of course. We are also not sure how long it will."

Vryce returns to the conversation listening intently.


Sorok Hamfael wrote:
After chiming in Sorok strokes his beard looking thoughtful for a moment, then turns to Solvistania. "Weren't ye lo' lookin fer someone las' time we were together?"

She is quiet for a moment, then softly responds "The nature of our quest has changed. Now we seek my kin Erunthalion the Eldest is his name."


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

"Yeah inkeep. I'll stay with Vryce. Unless you got a little hole under the steps. That might feel like home."

A big grin sweeps across Crunk's face as Solvistaia speaks, Heh, let's hear you say that ten times fast coon cat. Solvi, your kin got a habit of making unpronounceable names? You seem to have some doozies. What's up with this quest?"


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

"Well with ye lot fewer in number since las' I saw ye, looks like ye'll be needin another reliable pair o' hands. Can' speak fer these two He gestures toward Tenebral and Crunk.bu' I'll join ye again."


Male Erunsil (Snow Elf) Fighter 5

"I don't seem to be able to sleep much anyway...so anywhere in here is good with me". "Perhaps a spot in the common room".


Sorok Hamfael wrote:
"Well with ye lot fewer in number since las' I saw ye, looks like ye'll be needin another reliable pair o' hands. Can' speak fer these two He gestures toward Tenebral and Crunk.bu' I'll join ye again."

Vryce ponders Sorok's claim and says, "Hmmm, yes. I believe that we will go, right Crunk? I think they will need all the help they can get."


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona smiles at Gillian, a mixture of warmth and sadness.

"It's all right Gillian, stay with Duncan. I'll be fine....besides, Muni'll makesure I don't get any peace and quiet anyway."

She chuckles softly, the tone genuine though her eyes show less humor that her voice would indicate.

Dark Archive

Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
Sorok Hamfael wrote:
After chiming in Sorok strokes his beard looking thoughtful for a moment, then turns to Solvistania. "Weren't ye lo' lookin fer someone las' time we were together?"
She is quiet for a moment, then softly responds "The nature of our quest has changed. Now we seek my kin Erunthalion the Eldest is his name."

"Hey", says the innkeeper while picking up the plates. "I know that bloke. You're his kin? Don't say..."


nightflier wrote:
"Hey", says the innkeeper while picking up the plates. "I know that bloke. You're his kin? Don't say..."

Solvistania represses a feeling of excitement as she turns to face the innkeeper. Keeping her voice calm, she asks "You have seen him? How long ago was it? Do you know where his destination was?"


Feeling that Solvistania's passionate questions might seem too pushy, Duncan steps in with his soothing calm voice.
"We would indeed be grateful if you could tell us all you know about him, as well as something about the situation in this city and this war that we kept hearing about"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

"Sure Vryce. Where you go, I go. Even if it means chasing with or after people whose names I can't pronounce." Crunk barely resists cracking another joke and decides to listen for once instead.

Dark Archive

Duncan Bloodforged wrote:

Feeling that Solvistania's passionate questions might seem too pushy, Duncan steps in with his soothing calm voice.

"We would indeed be grateful if you could tell us all you know about him, as well as something about the situation in this city and this war that we kept hearing about"

Diplomacy 1d20+15

"Well, he came here a few cycles ago. You may not know it, but time passes strangely in these parts of the world, so I can't say exactly when. He stayed here for some time, but he soon left for Twilight's abode. Kept to himself he did. Several times Shadar nobility came to see him - I think that he was seeking an alliance of some sort with House Kommare, but why would they ally themselves with some refugee from Summerlands, I can not say." He stops for a moment.

"The war... Well, there are several wars in progress, you might say. There is a Great War, threatening all the realms. Than there is a war beyond the borders of the City. We call it the Lovers' War, since it is waged between the forces of Twilight and Briar. And then, there is the war inside the City. This is a war of succession, you might say. You see, the lord of the Gloomnight is ill. Some say that his death is near. His grip is still strong on the Bittercold's hilt, but the rumors are flying. High Houses of Shadar are positioning themselves and their scions are killing one another in the shadows. Morgral - such as that one over there", he nods at Tenebral, "are gathering their shadeling slaves in the Night. Other forces are gathering as well. Some say that even the Marsh Hag is coming to the City, with her Cold Lights."


Solvistania is silent as she digests the information provided. After a few moments, she responds softly "It seems we need to make contact with House Kommare. Can you tell us more of this House, and their level of support for the lord of the Gloomnight?"

Dark Archive

"They have a mansion in Noble's District, same as every other Shadar noble house. And the other part of your question... Well, let's just say that you are not the only one who would like to know that."


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Crunk can't resist for long and breaks in, "All right. So, will this House Kommare talk to us or are they all hoity toity types?"


Male Erunsil (Snow Elf) Fighter 5

So much information...it made his head hurt. Especially since he only picked up a word every now and then. Still that was enough. The others would tell him what they required of him. And he had nothing else to do at the present. Sky scrunched even deeper into his cloak, and brought his beverage to his lips.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Gilian frowns at all the information. There's something we're missing in here. We have Brian and Twilight, the Marsh Hag that we have sort of met with her lights. The the Lord of Gloomnight. Let's not be caught in all these schemes.

"There's something else we would like you to tell us. You said that the one we seek left for Twilight abode. Where is it? and what can you tell us about Twilight?"

Dark Archive

"Ahh... Twilight... Well, Twilight is the Lady of these realms. A High Queen, you might say in Summerlands. She is beautiful beyond words, but kinda fickle, you know. I have never laid my eyes on her, and I count myself lucky. It is said that everyone who look at her instantly loose their free will and fall in love with her. Her court is far from here, built on the boughs of the First Tree."


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

"If wha' 'e says abou' the lady be true, maybe tha' this Erunth... eh Eldest ye be lookin' fer jus' needs t' be pulled away."


"If this lady is as enchanting as the rumors say, which is within the realm of possibility, then retrieving him may prove...difficult. Plus, what if it is she is the one who refuses to release him?"


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Crunk scowls, "Bah, bet this broad's throat cuts as easy as any other. Besides, don't they all turn to stone looking at me?" A wide grin splits his lips revealing sharp little teeth. "You know goblins only live about a quarter as long as the rest of ya. You got any more questions or are we going to go find Kommare? Or Twilight? Or the bloody Marsh Hag for all I care."


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5
Solvistania Elghreah wrote:
"If this lady is as enchanting as the rumors say, which is within the realm of possibility, then retrieving him may prove...difficult. Plus, what if it is she is the one who refuses to release him?"

"Good point. What I'm worried about is why were we sent here first place if Erunthalion has gone to see Twilight already. There must be something he was looking for here before going that may help us later. So I'm all for going and contacting House Kommare first."

Turning towards the strange goblin, she adds. "You're right we need to make a move. But I would suggest we start 'tomorrow' when all of us have had a good rest. what do you think, she says to her friends around the table."

At last, speaking back to the Innkeeper, she eventually asks. "So with that in mind, I've got two last questions. One, how can we contact the Kommare house and where do they live in this town. And two, what was Erunthalion looking like the last time you saw him?"


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Sorok looks around at the rest of the party. "Le' em rest fer a time, they be lookin weary from the road, an' besides most of em are Channelers. They'll be more useful afterward."


Duncan nods at Gilian's question, thinking to himself half serious that they might let Ilona charm Erunthalion away from Twilight.

Dark Archive

"Well, he was a bit lost in his thoughts, really. He wasn't the kindest person I've met, let me tell you. Always muttering to himself, something about his father and his mother... Or someone's mother, at least. He called her "White Mother", but he was pale bastard, let me tell you... And that blood red eyes of his..." Innkeeper suddenly stops, looking at Solvistania. "Err... Sorry... I forgot you said he was your kin. But he WAS a difficult bloke to deal with, let me tell you. Although, he payed for his rent quickly and thoroughly, let me tell you. I even felt sorry for those poor buggers at the end."


"I am sorry, but to whom are you referring to again when you say poor buggers?"


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Crunk listens as the Innkeeper continues on about Erunthalion. He distractedly picks a crumb off the table, eats it and starts looking for more food when the Innkeeper speaks again. White Mother? Hmmm. White Mother? That sounds familiar?

Knowledge (Shadow) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Knowledge (Lore) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Female Human (Sarcosan) Fighter 2/ Chaneller 3

Ilona listens to the conversation.

"Hmm...sounds like a challenge." she says with a grin. "I can be pretty convincing when I put my mind to it."

Dark Archive

Crunk wrote:

Crunk listens as the Innkeeper continues on about Erunthalion. He distractedly picks a crumb off the table, eats it and starts looking for more food when the Innkeeper speaks again. White Mother? Hmmm. White Mother? That sounds familiar?

Knowledge (Shadow) 1d20+5
Knowledge (Lore) 1d20+5

Crunk:
There is a rumor whispered among the orcs and their slave races, that when Father fell from the skies, he was not the only one who fell. Tales of that time claim that Izrador was not the

only power to fall to Aryth in the fires of the Sundering. Perhaps a power of light was caught up in the swirling maelstrom of fire that cracked open the sky and sundered Aryth from the celestial realm. However, few give the tale much credence. In the long millennia since the Sundering, no such being has made its presence known or emerged to battle the spreading Shadow in the North. But there are a wise few among the orcs who realize that their entire race is only an expendable weapon in Izrador’s war. They know that as soon as he has beaten the fey and won Eredane that he will no longer have need of the orcs, and that in the end he will surely sacrifice them to his unholy intent as well. Those who believe this have become known as the Followers of the White Mother. This secretive brotherhood does not gather, preach, or organize, for that would be suicide. Instead it carefully passes on its dread message one recruit at a time, hoping to spread a new consciousness, and a growing resistance, among the tribes.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Not just crazy orcs looking for that b@@!#, eh? For a moment, Crunk ponders how much to say, "This man have anything to say about what he wanted to do with this...White Mother? And how about the woman's question about poor buggers?"


Duncan tries to remember if he has ever heard or read about any of the things the innkeeper mentioned.
Lore 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Upon hearing White Mother and Crunk talk about it Vryce tries to remember where he has heard of that before.

Knowledge (Shadow) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Knowledge (Lore) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

When we are alone tonight, Crunk will tell me everything he knows about this

5,951 to 6,000 of 6,403 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.