Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread

Game Master nightflier

Set in the grim world of Aryth, Nightflier's Midnight is a game that speaks of almost futile hope that shines against the darkness.


6,201 to 6,250 of 6,403 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>

Rd 2

Chops swings his axe at one of the orcs...

Attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Damage 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
.
...and follows that up with a kick to another orc.
.
Attack 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Damage 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Confirm crit 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Round 2 Actions

Solvistania gives the legate a look of sheer hatred, even as she slides next to the Shadar elf who has seemingly thrown in her lot with them. She draws one of her precious steel arrows and fires at the legate.

Move: Move to table cover besides Illiameyl, draw bow.
Standard Attack legate Icewood bow 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17; damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
.
Status AC 19; HP 26/30; SP 18/27; DR 10/magic vs arrow.


I just putting in the AoO action, just in case there is an AoO for her, as to speed up game play. First move action is pulling the table over towards and ducking behind it. Free action drop the sabres at her sides. Second move/standard action is to ready her bow with arrow.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Round 2
Crunk slips back out from under the table, looking to weave between the orcs' feet to slip in next to the legate.
Move action: Stealth 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37
If he can get next to the legate, he'll forgo the standard action and take a full attack next round.

If its not possible to get next to the legate, he'll try to get into flanking position with an ally against an orc and attack this round.
Standard action: Attack orc wih kukri 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 +2 if flanking
Critical failure 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 +2 if flanking
Damage 1d3 + 6 + 4d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (3, 3, 5, 3) = 21

Dark Archive

Initiative:
Crunk
Illiameyl
Legate + Bodyguard
Chops
Orcs - 2nd line
Solvi
Duncan
Gilian
Orcs - 1st line
Sorok

Dark Archive

Crunk wrote:

Round 2

Crunk slips back out from under the table, looking to weave between the orcs' feet to slip in next to the legate.
Move action: Stealth 1d20+18
If he can get next to the legate, he'll forgo the standard action and take a full attack next round.

If its not possible to get next to the legate, he'll try to get into flanking position with an ally against an orc and attack this round.
Standard action: Attack orc wih kukri 1d20+11 +2 if flanking
Critical failure 1d20+11 +2 if flanking
Damage 1d3+6+4d6

Crunk jumps at the orc from the shadows, but he slips on the ever growing pool of blood and simply slides backwards over the wet stones.

You are now one round away from the 1st line of orcs.

Dark Archive

Round 2: Cleric

Cleric raises his hands in the prayer to his dark god. A cloud of black smoke swiftly gathers behind the overturned table and behind Elorg channeler and Shadar wildlander. Swiftly, the cloud coalesce in the 1d3 ⇒ 2 two tall and gaunt human-shaped forms, adorned with wickedly barbed chains, gaps in the bindings revealing deathly pale flesh etched with jagged scars.

Dark Archive

Chops the Defender Dworg wrote:

Rd 2

Chops swings his axe at one of the orcs...

Attack 1d20+12
Damage 1d8+15
.
...and follows that up with a kick to another orc.
.
Attack 1d20+11
Damage 1d6+11

Confirm crit 1d20+11
Damage 1d6+11

With two savage strikes, Chops severely wounds two orcs in front of him.

Dark Archive

Round 2: Orcs - 2nd line

Once again, orcs let loose the bolts at Solvistania.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 141d10 ⇒ 9

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d10 ⇒ 9

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 141d10 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 251d10 ⇒ 3

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d10 ⇒ 7

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d10 ⇒ 4

Roll to confirm 2 crits

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d10 ⇒ 10

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d10 ⇒ 3


Enraged, Duncan hacks at the line of enemies blocking his path to the legate. As he finishes his move, he extends his shield to protect his less armored friend Chops.

Round 2
Standard Action: Regular attack with cleaving
Swift Action: Shield other [Chops]

Attack 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 2 = 27
Damage 1d10 + 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + (3, 4) + 9 = 17

Cleave 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 23
Damage 1d10 + 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + (1, 4) + 9 = 16

Great Cleave 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 2 = 20
Damage 1d10 + 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + (5, 2) + 9 = 21


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Round two

Spellcraft check to identify the legate spell: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Gilian uses her invisibility to move around the battlefield undetected and reaches behind Chops to heal the bleeding dworg with her bone amulet power. +28 HP for Chops

Nightflier, one of the orcs fighting Chops was injured on round 1. It it still alive after round two and Chops second attack?


Solvistania cries out in pain as one of the arrows strikes her in the neck.

Status AC 19; HP 17/30; SP 18/27; DR 10/magic vs arrow.


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Quick plotting for Round 3 question. Did Crunk also fall prone or just slip backwards?


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Round 2

Seeing his more martial allies cutting through the enemy lines, he decided to stay clear of them and moved to help shield Solvistania and the Shadar Elf from the two summoned creatures.

Shield other Stance to shield the nearly dead Elf, Aid Another to solvistania:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Illiameyl, your AC is increased by 1 and half of all damage you take will be redirected to me, Solvistania your AC is increased by 2 from the creature closer to you. I can use an attack of oppportunity to shield either of you with another Aid another check should you be attacked.

Dark Archive

Let me just post attacks from the 1st line orcs, so that you can post over the weekend if you want to:

As Sorok retreats to defend the channelers, almost dead orcs in the first line divide their attentions between Duncan and Chops. Their swords mostly miss, but two of them manage to land savage strikes on the defender dworg, while the third somehow slips and falls in the pool of blood, opening himself to Chops' attack. You have AoO against him.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 142d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 2) + 10 = 16

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 252d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 1) + 10 = 17

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 202d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 1) + 10 = 17

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 312d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 = 14

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 292d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 6) + 10 = 18

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 122d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 4) + 10 = 17

Roll to confirm crits

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 142d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 3) + 10 = 14

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 182d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 2) + 10 = 18

Dark Archive

Crunk wrote:
Quick plotting for Round 3 question. Did Crunk also fall prone or just slip backwards?

You just slipped. You can act against summoned devils.

Dark Archive

Round 3: Initiative:
Crunk
Kytons
Illiameyl
Legate + Bodyguard
Chops
Orcs - 2nd line
Solvi
Duncan
Gilian
Orcs - 1st line
Sorok


round 3
HP: 1/60
Mode: fighting defensively
AC: 21
Free action: drop bow
Move action: pick up sabres
Standard action: attack one of the Kytons (guess these are behind them)

Suddenly seeing the strange creatures appear directly behind her she quickly drops her bow and picks up her sabres to cautiously take a swipe at one of the creatures.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 14 - 4 = 18
Damage 1: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Round 3:

Solvistania glances over the battlefield and sees her protectors in front of her, including the strange Shadar elf. Seeing she is barely conscious, she decides to help her out.

The enemy of my enemy is...if not a friend...then a useful ally.

She slings her bow back and moves silently to touch her allowing some healing energy to grace her body. She then focuses on the summoned creatures trying to determine their nature...

Move: Sheath bow.
Standard: Cast Cure Light wounds on Illiameyl. 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Free: Knowledge Shadow (Kyton weaknesses) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
.
Status AC 19; HP 17/30; SP 17/27; DR 10/magic vs arrow.


nightflier wrote:

Let me just post attacks from the 1st line orcs, so that you can post over the weekend if you want to:

As Sorok retreats to defend the channelers, almost dead orcs in the first line divide their attentions between Duncan and Chops. Their swords mostly miss, but two of them manage to land savage strikes on the defender dworg, while the third somehow slips and falls in the pool of blood, opening himself to Chops' attack. You have AoO against him.

1d20 + 11; 2d6 + 10

1d20 + 11; 2d6 + 10

1d20 + 11; 2d6 + 10

1d20 + 11; 2d6 + 10

1d20 + 11; 2d6 + 10

1d20 + 11; 2d6 + 10

Roll to confirm crits

1d20 + 11; 2d6 + 10

1d20 + 11; 2d6 + 10

Which ones were against Chops?


Chops brings his foot down on the orc who has slipped and reaches out to grabbed the arm of one who has missed him but something terrible happens.

Attack of Opportunity 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Damage 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Snapping Turtle Clutch 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


I would say the second three. If that is the case, Duncan takes half the damage, taking 15+5+7 dmga, having in mind his damage reduction, and Chops takes 7+9. Duncan is currently on 25/79 dmg.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Round 3, status: HP.83/98, AC.30, Shield Other Stance(Illiameyl)

Sorok realized that he needed to end this fight as soon as he could, seeing that the Elf was healed somewhat he switches his fighting stance from one of defense to offense and swings Umbra at the nearest of the two summoned creatures. He was now more open to attacks and hoped that the creatures would strike at him.

Switching from Shield other to punishing stance. Lowering AC. 26, Power Attacking with Umbra's axe side, which is a silver blade if that makes a difference.
1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 = 26
1d10 + 4 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 + (6, 5) = 24


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Round 3

After slipping on the blood and failing to reach the orcs, Crunk sees the legate drop two more foes almost right on top of him. Not making this any easier, eh? Seeing it will be tough to get to the orcs, let alone the legate, Crunk settles for seeing if he can work with the dwarf to take out one of the new foes and works around opposite the dwarf to strike with his blade.
Reflex to avoid slipping on blood 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Move action: Move to flank kyton with Sorok
Standard action: Attack kyton 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 +2 if flanking
Damage 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Additional damage if flanking 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 4) = 18

Dark Archive

Everyone roll d20, please.


1d20 ⇒ 2


required roll (of death) 1d20 ⇒ 16


1d20 ⇒ 9

Dark Archive

testing...


Whatever check 1d20 ⇒ 9


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Dice roll 1d20 ⇒ 16


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Check1d20 ⇒ 20


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Testing 1d20 ⇒ 17

Dark Archive

Suddenly, the floor breaks and chunks of rock and broken wood burst in various directions, while the thick black-green tentacles grab half-blindly from the dark depths beneath the inn. Almost all the orcs and both devils are grabbed and thrown in the ceiling, tentacle squeezing life out of them, but the legate manages to escape both the tentacles and flying chunks of rubble. The same goes for Erunthalion, the innkeeper who jumped from the top of the stairs with surprising swiftness and the young boy who cleaned the floor before the combat started.

Everyone who rolled even number, 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (14) + 25 = 391d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Grapple attempt and damage if success. You have AoO against the tentacle. Everyone who rolled odd number, Ref save DC 16 or take 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2


Reflex save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Feeling the rocks bouncing harmlessly of his armor and shield, Duncan first looks around to determine what is exactly going on with his allies, and is his help needed somewhere. Feeling his wounds from before, he also hopes to attract Gilian's attention.
With his damage reduction, Duncan ignores the damage. For now, he holds the action pending the outcome of his friends rolls and enemies actions. Nightflier, what is the status of the enemies, and how many orcs are still alive and/or ungrappled


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Nightflier, on which initiative turn does it happen on round 3? I just want to know if Gilian could have acted before the tentacles to heal Duncan.
Second question, do the tentacles also attack invisible creatures?


Status: AC 19; HP 11/30; SP 17/27; DR 10/magic vs arrow; Grappled.
Solvi cannot avoid the grapple and she had no weapon out so no AoO either.


OH, I forgot to add Felina's roll so here it is: 1d20 ⇒ 18.
Heh...AoO Claw 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17; damage 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2.
Status: 9/15 HP; Grappled.


Male Black Blood Dwarf Fighter 5

Attack of opportunity for the Giant Tentacles1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 2 = 11
1d10 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 4 = 14

The Dwarf was so used to defnding himself from attack that came from above and around him he did not expect the ground to suddenly break beneath his feet and a huge tentacle erupt out to grab him.

Grappeled now. Ac.28 HP. 81/96


Stats:
AC 23/21/16 HP 45/45 F+2 R+10 W+5 Init+12 Per+12

Crunk ducks and dodges rubble, rocks, and grasping tentacles as everything goes to hell around him. What the f@%!?!? Giving up any pretense of staying hidden he shouts out, "Innkeeper! What has happened and how much worse is it going to get?"
Reflex save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Plunging a blade into he tentacle grasping Sorok, he looks to see what the Innkeeper and boy are doing while harboring thoughts of getting out of this disaster.
Attack 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Damage 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Critical Failure 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Well, that's going to be really bad


Too focused on the two strange creatures that appeared, Illiameyl was unprepared for the sudden burst of tentacles through the floor, resulting her being grabbed and knocked out from the force of the tentacle grabbing her.

HP: -5 (dying)
Grappled


Illiameyl, Solvi cast a CLW on you for her action this round. You should have a total of 6 HP left after the grapple.


I took the tentacle attack happening first before anyone's proposed action, as nightflier had not reported on any of the round 3 proposed actions.
Krytons are also before Illiameyl too, and you after Illiameyl.

Dark Archive

Gilian wrote:

Nightflier, on which initiative turn does it happen on round 3? I just want to know if Gilian could have acted before the tentacles to heal Duncan.

Second question, do the tentacles also attack invisible creatures?

This happens after Crunk's actions but before Kythons manage to act, so it's on the 2nd place in the Initiative order. The tentacles do not attack invisible creatures.

Dark Archive

I'm gonna answer the rest of the questions and post the description of the unfolding events in a couple of hours. I have guests coming.


Female Erenlander Spiritual Chaneller 5

Round 3, Status AC 16, HP 48/48, SP 8/11, Invisible

Gilian, avoiding the creatures due to her invisibility extend her arm to touch Duncan. Using the same talent she just used on Chops, she focuses her own energy through her bone amulet and closes her lover's wounds.

"I'm still right by your side, my love.", she whispers as she takes off her hand.

Duncan is healed of 30 HP, bone item heal from the bone power is now at 0

Opening her bag with a practiced hand, she extracts a potion and hands them oven to Pebble

Standard action, heal Duncan, move action give a CSW potion to Pebble.


Earth Elemental Familiar 5

Round 3
1d20 ⇒ 1
Reflex save 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Fortunately for Pebble, the tentacles do not consider the elemental as a threat and just graze by him.


Reflex 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Dark Archive

Duncan Bloodforged wrote:

Reflex save 1d20+10

Feeling the rocks bouncing harmlessly of his armor and shield, Duncan first looks around to determine what is exactly going on with his allies, and is his help needed somewhere. Feeling his wounds from before, he also hopes to attract Gilian's attention.
With his damage reduction, Duncan ignores the damage. For now, he holds the action pending the outcome of his friends rolls and enemies actions. Nightflier, what is the status of the enemies, and how many orcs are still alive and/or ungrappled

There is just the legate and his bodyguard on the ground this round. You can try to attack the legate, but the bodyguard will intercept you.

Dark Archive

"Fools! I've warned you about the blood! Now he is breaking loose!", shouts the inkeeper behind the counter. About the same time, a part of second floor collapses and blocks the door that lead out of the inn. "Where is that damned key now?! I if don't find it, we're doomed! And this city with us!"

6,201 to 6,250 of 6,403 << first < prev | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's Midnight Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.