Navior's Age of Worms (Inactive)

Game Master Navior


1,651 to 1,700 of 2,094 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Freddie interrupts the conversation smoothly, "Hey, Filge, maybe you should come with us, you know just to make sure these skeletons don't do anything foolish. We would not want to have to cause any further damage than we have already."

Bluff check, if needed 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


"Oh, somethin' dangerous, of course," Filge says. "I wouldn't be wanting to put living people at risk. That would just be cruel of me. It ain't got nothing to do with money. Me work is quite dangerous.

Sense Motive DC 8:
Filge Bluff: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
It's a bald-faced lie.


Fredrik "Flash" Williams wrote:

Freddie interrupts the conversation smoothly, "Hey, Filge, maybe you should come with us, you know just to make sure these skeletons don't do anything foolish. We would not want to have to cause any further damage than we have already."

Bluff check, if needed 1d20+6

Filge Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Filge's eyes widen in surprise and concern. "Just what have ye been damaging?" he cries. "Ye haven't been upstairs already, have ye? Or me dinner guests! Oh gods, ye've wrecked me dinner guests, haven't ye?"


Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Dara laughs, "Seriously? An I'm the queen o' Highhelm! C'mon guy, at least put some effort into it if yer gonna try an spin a tale!"

This was in reply to his lie btw. Damned ninja DMs. :P


Navior wrote:
"Ye haven't been upstairs already, have ye? Or me dinner guests! Oh gods, ye've wrecked me dinner guests, haven't ye?"

Bear does a 360, taking a look at all the magic webs that spring into existence before his magically-enhanced eyes. Guess I shouldnt' be surprised that a necromancer's joint is bursting with necromantic energies.

"Listen, pal, only thing we broke on the way in was the little nasty piece of work guarding your shed. And no, before you ask, we didn't steal anything."

He nods at his teammate's suggestion that the man should join them to re-take the bodies, "You'll be kindly showing us around your house until we're happy, champ. Sorry for the rudeness, but as 'clean' as you woud like us to believe your hands are, you are trafficking in stolen remains of dead folk. Not exactly on the up-and-up. We got no wish to hurt ya. If we did, your walls would be decorated with your own innards already. That's not so much a threat as a reality. So you have a choice to make. You can come with us, and make sure any nasty surprises waiting for us are disarmed... or you can come with us and the first time we're attacked by something - anything at all - it will get real unpleasant for you real fast."

He looks over at teh head of the woman (being the odd-man out in terms of magical auras) and gestures with his blade, "Also, what the hells is that?!"

As a player, I am ridiculously curious what is upstairs, but Bear has no motivation to go ransacking this guy's joint. He's obviously lying about what's going on here, but is that enough motivation for you all to go looking around? I'm happy either way. I do love me a good undead fight. :)


Filge looks over at the head and the figure holding it. "Ah, that be a mummified goblin in a suit and top hat. It just be me idea of a bit of fun. A mock butler coming to serve me. The head is that of me dear, departed mum. When she died, I couldn't bear to let her go, so I preserved her head and she's ever by me side. And since I suspect ye've been scanning the room for magical energies, there's a magic mouth spell on her that screams out should anyone try to steal her. I love me mum too much to let her fall into the wrong hands. As for showing ye all around, I suppose I can do that. Least I can do in return for ye not killing me and all." He pauses and looks at everyone sheepishly. He pulls the covers up even closer to his face. "Ye wouldn't mind all turning your backs a moment while I get dressed, would ye? Or at least the womenfolk? I'm not exactly decent at the moment, you see."


HP: 25/25 | AC:17 ; T:16 ; FF:14 ; CMD:21 | Fort:+4 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+7 | Init:+2 ; PER:+8
Navior wrote:
"Ye haven't been upstairs already, have ye? Or me dinner guests! Oh gods, ye've wrecked me dinner guests, haven't ye?"

UU looks at him blackly, "Been setting up a little necromantic tea-party upstairs, have you? I think you should be less worried about your dead pets and more worried about how quickly we can make you join them."

Intimidate 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Sense Motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Seems I've inherited Dara's rolls...


"We're all adults here, tiger, and I'm pretty sure you don't have any parts these girls aint seen before. Hop up and change. Sorry to be rude, but again, I don't like takign chances."


Dara rolls her eyes. "Ain't ye never gotten dressed under yer sheets before? See if ya kin find our friend 'is clothes..."


Bear laughs and nudges Venny in the side, "Then how's our song-bird here gonna have any fun?"


"Ye'll find me clothes for the mornin' already laid out in that closet over there." Filge points to the southwest doors and waits for someone to bring his clothes to him.

Assuming someone goes to get them...
The southwest room is just like the northeast one, containing numerous identical suits of clothing. Laid out on a table is another one of these sleeveless long coats, a shirt, a pair of breeches, a dagger, a key, two syringes filled with liquid, a small vial of liquid, and a bird-skull amulet with a leather cord.


Male Human Cleric 1/Bard 1

Venedictus blushes deeply at Bear's joke and goes off to get Filge his clothes. Seeing the liquids, he calls back, "We have liquids back here. Somebody with a detect magic or detect poison, please."


I don't know that we have anyone with Detect Poison prepped... is that true?


"Gee, Filge, I sure hope these aren't poison. I would hate for you to be charged for trying to poison the good people of Baliswef. Care to enlighten us further?"


"Poison?" Filge says, a hint of shock in his voice. "I ain't been using no poison. They be potions, mate. Well, me own special variant of potions. The ones in the syringes need to be injected, like."


"Leave the potions. The tubes in here reek of necromancy, but there's nothing inherently illegal about that... ya know... unlike body trafficking." he looks back at the cowering wizard, "Now hurry up getting those clothes on."

Then, realizing some leverage in front of him, Bear walks to the table and picks up the book, "You get this back when we have what we came for and are on our way safely out the door, bub."

Didn't occur to me til after i grabbed this thing that it might be trapped... here's to hoping it's not.


Filge grabs the clothes from Venedictus and squirms about under his sheets while he dresses.

You're holding back the potions. What about the dagger, key, and amulet?

Once he's dressed, he stands up. He's a thin man with a receding hairline and a short goatee. He glares at Bear and his book (which was not trapped and did not explode in Bear's hands), then sighs. "Right, where would ye like me to show ye first?"


Should we have him show us upstairs first? The danger being he might have 'friends' up there to help him get out of our clutches. Or should we have him help us secure the bodies first? Then go a-walkin' through his abode? :)


Fredrik looks over at the necromancer, and tries to hide a smirk, If this one feels uppity, maybe I can feed him to Pup.

"Gee, Filge, why don't you give us the 2 copper tour, and then we can take what we came for and then we can be on our way."

Bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Yeah, Filge can't possibly beat that Bluff.
Have you allowed him to take the dagger, key, and amulet?

Filge scratches his neck uncomfortably. "Well, seeing as you're looking for them skeletons, you're probably most interested in going where they are, which is downstairs. If ye'll just follow me." He begins moving towards the north stairs, which head down.

Sense Motive DC 18:
Filge Bluff: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
You get the sense he's holding something back.


Since Filge seems to be so interested in recovering them, Freddie will hang onto them for now.

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 6

"Sure..."


Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"You wouldn't be holdin' out on us now would ya Fil? Not that ya don't have a nice place, but I'd rather not hafta come visit ya again. Least not so soon..."


Filge effects a nervous laugh. "Me? Hold out on you? You're me mates! I'd never hold out on me mates." Seeing Dara's rather intense stare, he relents. "Oh! I almost forgot. One of the skeletons ye're lookin' for is upstairs. The rest are downstairs. How silly of me to forget that."


In her best imitation of Prince Zordar of the Comet Empire, Dara declares, "We're going UP!" 4:04


HP: 25/25 | AC:17 ; T:16 ; FF:14 ; CMD:21 | Fort:+4 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+7 | Init:+2 ; PER:+8

"I think we should tie our friend Filge's hands behind his back in case he gets an itch to cast a spell or cause trouble. You wouldn't mind that, would you, 'mate'? And while you are demonstrating your friendliness to your new mates... maybe you should tell us about this amulet, dagger, potions, and other stuff."

I'm going on vacation for a couple of weeks. Feel free to NPC UU as needed. I think Mike, Ben, or Eric can handle UU in all her 'complexity'. :)


Male Human Cleric 1/Bard 1
Udaya Udas wrote:

"I think we should tie our friend Filge's hands behind his back in case he gets an itch to cast a spell or cause trouble. You wouldn't mind that, would you, 'mate'? And while you are demonstrating your friendliness to your new mates... maybe you should tell us about this amulet, dagger, potions, and other stuff."

I'm going on vacation for a couple of weeks. Feel free to NPC UU as needed. I think Mike, Ben, or Eric can handle UU in all her 'complexity'. :)

Now Bear can really have his way with her.


Or at least not be the girl in teh relationship for once. :)
Also, glad Dara gave us a reason to check the upstairs, too.

Bear eyes the amulet, dagger, and key which have not been returned to the necromancer yet, "I've been wonderin' about those as well, buddy." As he waits for a response, he Detects Magic on them.

I say we get in normal marching order, with the exception that UU take hold of the prisoner so he can be more towards the middle. Bear, as always, will remain at the back for now.


Filge looks at the items in question. "What, those? Those just be trinkets. Well, except maybe the dagger. It's a dangerous world out there, mates. A man's gotta protect himself. The key...well, it's a key. What else would it be? And me amulet. I just wear that because I think it looks good. The bird skull adds a touch of ominous to my appearance."

Bear detects magic coming from the amulet, the two syringes, and the potion bottle. Seeing that Bear has cast detect magic, Filge sighs. "Oh, and aye, the amulet has a touch of magic to it. It helps protect me from harm, it does."

Spellcraft amulet: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Knowledge (arcana) amulet: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Bear is not able to get a clear identification of the amulet.

"The syringes, like I said," Filge goes on, "are my own special brand of potion. One's false life and one's cure moderate wounds. You have to inject them into you, like. That vial is just a normal potion. Cure light wounds, it is."

Spellcraft syringe 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Spellcraft syringe 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 -- potion of cure moderate wounds
Spellcraft vial: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 -- potion of cure light wounds
Knowledge (arcana) syringe 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 -- necromancy


"Shall we head upstairs then?" Filge says, and reluctantly allows Udaya to take hold of him.

Dara takes the lead and you climb the stairs to the next level. A single chamber dominates the entire upper floor. Moonlight filters through the wide slit in the roof, bathing the center of the room in a dim light. Four large mirrors are set along the outside wall. In the centre of the room is a recessed operating theatre accessible via two short sets of stairs. A blue-skinned humanoid figure is splayed out upon an operating table, its chest completely opened and pinned back against the table with long metal needles. Two long shelves cluttered with piles of papers, rotting organs, and instruments comprise the east and west extent of the operating theatre, and are only a few inches lower than the chamber's outer floor.

Four metal-and-glass tanks, each large enough to hold a human, flank the short stairs leading to the operating theatre. Each tank is full of yellow liquid streaked with rust. Indistinct, vaguely human silhouettes bob silently in the soupy fluid.

A five-foot-tall human skeleton stands, unmoving, by the east wall. Filge points to the skeleton. "There it is. That's one of the ones ye want. Ye'll have to go get it and carry it. It ain't animate, so it won't follow you around." He looks at the group, waiting for someone to go get the skeleton.

Sense Motive DC 1 (Like any of you even have a chance of getting that, but go ahead and try, I dare you! ;):
Filge Bluff: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
You don't trust him one bit!

Edit: Map Updated


"Seriously, man, you are the worst liar I have ever met."

So should I force him to take me over there to retrieve it and you all cover me?


HP: 25/25 | AC:17 ; T:16 ; FF:14 ; CMD:21 | Fort:+4 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+7 | Init:+2 ; PER:+8

Could have Vene blast it from here... just saying'.


If Filge survives to ever gain another level, he might want to think seriously about putting some ranks in Bluff. :)


Freddie looks at Bear, "What, you want me to give him pointers?"

I'n with UU, I say blast it from here.


Male Human Cleric 1/Bard 1

Venedictus shakes his head at the suggestion. "Too far. I'd have to go about ten feet into the room, I'd say, up between those two vats. I suppose I'd get anything inside them too, if the glass wouldn't block it, which I guess it would."

Does he think that if he stood on top of the operating table, he'd be high enough for his energy to get in through the open tops of the vats at any undead waiting within (or do the vats even have open tops)?


Venedictus wrote:

Venedictus shakes his head at the suggestion. "Too far. I'd have to go about ten feet into the room, I'd say, up between those two vats. I suppose I'd get anything inside them too, if the glass wouldn't block it, which I guess it would."

Does he think that if he stood on top of the operating table, he'd be high enough for his energy to get in through the open tops of the vats at any undead waiting within (or do the vats even have open tops)?

The vats don't have open tops. Also, the operating theatre is recessed. Standing on the table, his feet would be at about the level of the floor in the rest of the room.


Male Human Cleric 1/Bard 1
Navior wrote:
Venedictus wrote:

Venedictus shakes his head at the suggestion. "Too far. I'd have to go about ten feet into the room, I'd say, up between those two vats. I suppose I'd get anything inside them too, if the glass wouldn't block it, which I guess it would."

Does he think that if he stood on top of the operating table, he'd be high enough for his energy to get in through the open tops of the vats at any undead waiting within (or do the vats even have open tops)?

The vats don't have open tops. Also, the operating theatre is recessed. Standing on the table, his feet would be at about the level of the floor in the rest of the room.

Oops, sorry missed that in the description. Oh well, I'm sure as soon as he moves closer to get the skeleton with channel energy, something big and nasty will burst out of the vats at him anyways...

"Let's spread out a bit, just in case this goes bad and we need room to manoeuvre."

He steps ten feet due east and channels energy.

1d6 ⇒ 6

Will DC 15 for half


Fredrik will move 15'due north, off the stairs, in front of the window.


Bugbear Zombie Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Troglodyte Zombie 1 Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Troglodyte Zombie 2 Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Troglodyte Zombie 3 Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Skeleton Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

The sound of beautiful music sweeps forth.

"No!" Filge cries. "Arise, my beautiful monstrosities and destroy these interlopers!"

The skeleton collapses into a pile of bones. The forms in the vats shudder and begin to move.

Bear Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Dara Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Fredrik Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Udaya Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Venedictus Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Bugbear Zombie Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Filge Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Troglodyte Zombie Initiatives: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 2 = 6

Order: Udaya, Bear, Filge, Venedictus, Dara, Bugbear Zombie, Troglodyte Zombies, Fredrik.

ROUND 1

Up First: Udaya

Map Updated
Note: The zombies in the vats have not actually broken out yet.


Is the thing next to Freddie on the map Pup?


Beargle "Bear" Zstellian wrote:
Is the thing next to Freddie on the map Pup?

Yes.


"Ye done made me angry, Fil... Ye ain't gonna like me when I'm angry!"

Round 1: Dara will rage and unleash hell upon Filge.

waraxe 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 26 rage, power attack
crit? 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 23
dmg 1d8 + 3 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 3 + 3 = 12 2H rage, 2H power attack
dmg 2d8 + 6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (8, 4) + 6 + 6 + 6 = 30 extra damage for crit
total 12 + 30 = 42


Male Human Cleric 1/Bard 1

ROUND 1:

Venedictus will channel energy again, excluding Filge.
1d6 ⇒ 5 Then he'll move back towards the doorway.


Udaya smirks, "Music to my ears." she mutters as she moves into the room, drawing her blade in front of her in preparration of the first opponent to come into range.

She moves into the square north-east of the northeastern corner of the stairwell. Then readies an action to attack the first opponent that she threatens. (Thogh she'll wait to attack the undead trog until he frees himself from the container.
If that shold come to pass...Standard Action - Single Hit (scimitar crit: 18+/x2):
To Hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Bear moves into the room… taking up a defensive position, brandishing Kalath menacingly and calling his magic to his defense.

Case Shield. AC is now 18 for 2 minutes. Move to the square just west of where Venny is currently on the map (which should be one square to Bear's right from our top-down perspective).


Fredrik "Flash" Williams wrote:
Fredrik will move 15'due north, off the stairs, in front of the window.

Freddie sees things deteriorate, and curses to himself. I hate necromancers!

Ready action to cast Disrupt Undead on the nearest undead when they become unobstructed.

Attack Ranged Touch 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3


Spell failure for casting Shield 1d100 ⇒ 12.


Udaya moves into position, much to Filge's delight since she is no longer right beside him. Bear casts his spell and moves as well.

Filge then backs up on the staircase and casts a spell of his own. Bear and Dara feel a wave of fear rush over them.

Bear Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Dara Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Dara manages to fight some of the effect off, but Bear suddenly finds himself terrified by what is happening. Bear now has the frightened condition and Dara has the shaken condition. Bear must flee if possible; if unable, he suffers -2 on attacks, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Dara has the -2 penalty but does not need to flee.

Venedictus channels again and the heavenly music spreads across the chamber.

Bugbear Zombie Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Troglodyte Zombie 1 Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Troglodyte Zombie 2 Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Troglodyte Zombie 3 Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The undead all thrash about in their tanks, but do not stop moving.

Dara steps up and swings her axe at Filge (even with the -2 penalty, her attack is unaffected). A moment later, his head goes tumbling down the steps, a shocked look on his face. His body stands a moment longer before toppling over.

The four tanks shatter, spilling liquid across the floor of the room. Unfortunately for them, they are slow-moving and can't do much more.

Udaya makes her attack on the troglodyte zombie before her. Her scimitar slices into it. A mere moment later, Fredrik fires his spell at it. The beam hits and the flesh around where it hits sizzles.

ROUND 2

Next Up: Bear, Venedictus, Dara, Bugbear Zombie, Udaya, Troglodyte Zombies, Fredrik.

Map Updated


Not that I'm not pleased to have popped Filge's top, but it looks like he is still next to Dara. Wouldn't Filge's casting/movement allow her attack to go thru pre-spell as an AoO?


Dara Hellhammer wrote:
Not that I'm not pleased to have popped Filge's top, but it looks like he is still next to Dara. Wouldn't Filge's casting/movement allow her attack to go thru pre-spell as an AoO?

No. He took a 5-foot step to cast his spell, then Dara stepped 5 feet on her attack. I should have made that clearer. However, not only that, he went before her, so she was still flat-footed at the time. She wouldn't have gotten an AoO anyway.


Ah ok. I thought the fact that she and Bear caught his Bluff meant they weren't caught unawares.

Snarling like a mad dog, Dara laughs. "Heads, I win!"

Turning to see the monsters breaking free, she roars, "Come get some!"


Dara Hellhammer wrote:
Ah ok. I thought the fact that she and Bear caught his Bluff meant they weren't caught unawares.

They weren't caught unaware. That's why there was no surprise round. However, you're still flat-footed until you actually act, and even if you're not, a 5-foot step doesn't attract an AoO. Filge was being careful. Just not careful enough. :)

1,651 to 1,700 of 2,094 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Navior's Age of Worms All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.