1 shot, Serenity Hollow (Inactive)

Game Master Chyrone


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,813 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

"Well, that's disappointing. Maybe the lovable witch will be explaining to her chief how peaceful and friendly we are?"

Belegar tosses his head as if to clear his thoughts, "Let's forge ahead before she can have any impact."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

'only hope the power root chieftain got from that smoothskin can help me' what the blazes is he talking about?' Hearing some of the whimpering, Vaunu, seeing the kobold now dead. Ask "The Kobold whimpered "I only hope the power root chieftain got from that smoothskin can help me." what do you think he was talking about."

Turning to Belegar, "Give me a moment, to search this Kobolds body, this makes no sense." the wayang, then takes a moment to thoroughy search the kobolds body.

he will take 20 (32) on perception searching the body and the box


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Make a reflex save as you're searching the body.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

”These kobolds fought well!” The half-orc roared. With blade and spell they stood their ground and died well. If only they lived long enough to repent! I hope to catch their witch next time.”[/b]


1 person marked this as a favorite.

reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

As Vaunu taps the kobold's outfit for valuables, the kobold's eyes suddenly open, their color dull and pale.

*SNAP* ..., Vaunu timely draws away his hand, as the kobold makes a bite for his hand.
---------------

Init:

Belegar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Jurgan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Thrandir: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Uke: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Vaunu: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Kobold: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Jurgan & Vaunu
Belegar & Uke
-----------
Kobold
-----------
Thandir


1 person marked this as a favorite.

ok, I'm going to assume that Vaunu put the swords away to frisk the kobold...

Jerking his hand out of the box and away from the kobold, Vaunu snorts, "Playing dead huh? Well we can fix that." He quickly draws both swords, and attacks with the mitheral blade, then jumps back so the others could overwhelm the creature.

Move action: Draws weapons, Attack: + 1 mitheral shortsword, 5 ft step
attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 for damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

edit: Not sure where we are on the map


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

The kobold makes not a sound upon getting cut.

Jurgan
Belegar & Uke
------------
Kobold (-6)
------------
Thandir


AC: 21 TAC: 11 FFAC: 20 ¦ HP: 18/44 ¦ Fort: 7 Ref: 3 Will: 3 (+2 Saves to Poison & Mind-Affecting) ¦ +6 Percep ¦ Init: +1 ¦ Move: 20' ¦ Belegar's +1 Guidance

perception:if Uke heard the kobold before opening up the box: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Replying to Vaunu's question, Uke said "I think he had something from his chief..." as he lifted up the box only to find the dead kobold underneath.

Initially disappointed that the party no longer has somebody to show where the chief was, Uke reacts as the dead kobold suddenly attacks. "So it is not dead?"

Uke takes a 5' step before attacking the (prone?) not-dead kobold with a one-handed attack. Since Uke had to lift up that box with his other hand.

attack/slice: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20.

hit/and dice: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Uke slices into the kobold... the result is the kobold showing a gash, still not making a sound.

Belegar & Jurgan
-------------
Kobold (-12)
-------------
Thandir


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Wizard (Universalist) 6 | HP 36/36 | AC: 12 T:11 FF:11 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 (+4 vs Spells/Spell like Ability) | CMB+3 CMD 16 | Init. +2 | Perception: +2 Spells Per Day: 4/4/4/3 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7

Jurgan flicks his wrist and green glob flies from out of his hand towards the koold.

range touch acid orb; melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 4 = 3
dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 1


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

”Some kind of magic from that root? Maybe it’s possessed, or undead or some kind of kobold golem, now?”

He steps forward and swings for the foe.
attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3) + 5 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

The team tags hitting the kobold, with only Jurgan's acid missing.

The thing is still, for now at least, moving.
1d2 ⇒ 1
Kobold (-22) makes two attacks against Belegar.

Bite, prone: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Slam, prone: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Crit?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 3

The kobold's teeth find hold in Belegar's ankle, and the eager motion of chewing ensues.

Belegar, a fort roll please.
---------------
Thandir


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

"Dammit! Geroff me!"

fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Botting.

Thandir moves up to join the pummeling.

"Accept my message of love and deliverance!!"

Butchering axe vs prone: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Butchering axe vs prone: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

3d6 + 12 ⇒ (1, 2, 2) + 12 = 17
The kobold gets its head split in two. More disgusting, is the fact that the kobold explodes like an overripe piece of fruit being squished.

Fort rolls from Belegar, Thandir and Uke please.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

You got him down perfectly :D

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Thandir stared down at the mess, momentarily aghast. He had gotten...carried away. Again. It was really hard to convert puddles of gore.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

”Eurgh!”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Come on Uke, don't be the single guy failing the fort roll, ok? ;)


AC: 21 TAC: 11 FFAC: 20 ¦ HP: 18/44 ¦ Fort: 7 Ref: 3 Will: 3 (+2 Saves to Poison & Mind-Affecting) ¦ +6 Percep ¦ Init: +1 ¦ Move: 20' ¦ Belegar's +1 Guidance
Mary Dawnrose wrote:
Come on Uke, don't be the single guy failing the fort roll, ok? ;)

Just had this thought that since Uke is kind of reptilian based, it might be bad if he were to fail that fort save, based on what happened to that now dead kobold...

Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14. +2 if this effect is either poisonous or mind-altering for a total of 16. ;)

P.S. Almost forgot, is box-kobold a call back to that Metal Gear Solid Snake covered in a box meme? ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.
Uke wrote:
P.S. Almost forgot, is box-kobold a call back to that Metal Gear Solid Snake covered in a box meme? ;)

You nailed it.

I enjoy the occasional [Let's play....] on youtube and the Let's Play Archive.

The kobold's chest cavity is a mess, seemingly its innards had rapidly putrified by whatever it consumed, and were at a point of being a biological balloon of filthy mass.

The three wipe the goo from their faces and clothing. Belegar checks the bite wound on his ankle, and gladly sees there is no infection present.


AC: 21 TAC: 11 FFAC: 20 ¦ HP: 18/44 ¦ Fort: 7 Ref: 3 Will: 3 (+2 Saves to Poison & Mind-Affecting) ¦ +6 Percep ¦ Init: +1 ¦ Move: 20' ¦ Belegar's +1 Guidance

May as well add in one more post to make up for the delays inbetween posting. Uke will make an Int check to see if he realizes from the dead kobold that the Chief does make outside dealings with some sort of smoothskin...

Int check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11.

If that is enough, Uke will mention this tidbit aloud to the others, if not, then there's much more smarter party members out there to make that connection....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Uke seems more surprised than in contemplation, about the physical state of the now twice-dead kobold before them.

Aside from the low ticking the bonfire nearby makes, the room is quiet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Kicking the dead Kobold, "I hate killing things twice." He then quickly looks around the room, and then moves out into the hallway to finish exploring.

he will 'take 10' (22) on perception to inspect the room, then turn left out of the room to explore the remainder of the cave.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Vaunu takes his time searching the room, but doesn't see anything of interest. The cavern seems to be utilized as some sort of hall of tribute and dining.

That is, ....

Vaunu, a will save DC 18 please.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

"Hey looks some sort of..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

When Vaunu approached the draconic statue, there is something..... something creeping into his mind.

Vaunu:

You get the feeling draconics are to be respected....harming them would be a shame.

For the next 1d3 ⇒ 2 hours, you are sickened when fighting draconic foes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

”Some sort of what?”

Belegar awaits a reply from his dangerous little friend.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Calling back to Belegar, "Statue, it's a Draconic statue, a very noble creature. You should come see it."

'Mary' is the statue in the room where we fought the undead kobold or further up the hall? We have not searched the room with the beds or the room south of it covered by the blue squares


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Well, see that big statue near the bonfire? It's definitely in the south room. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

that's what I thought, any thing else in this room or should we move on?'

"We may as well keep moving." After admiring the lovely dragon statue for several minutes, Vaunu heads back out into the hallway, investigating the opening he saw to the south.

perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

"Dragons? Yeah. Sure. They're great. Let's keep moving. See if the rest of these cutters live long enough to be converted into the light of peace."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Into a fine pulp, when you specifically, are done with them. ^^


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

"Right, yeah, dragons are often impressive."

Belegar shrugs and follows on.

"I bet these kobolds think they're mini-dragons or something. You know the only creatures they don't tell that to? Actual dragons." He snorts and shakes his head.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

The group head back through the tunnel towards the intersection, where Vaunu peers down a 20ft tunnel, which seemingly leads elsewhere.

Cautiously creeping along the wall, he seeks further, and sees a large water source, kept by stonework resembling a great dragon claw, and a stairs leading somewhere down below...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Breathing a heavy sigh, Vaunu looks at the others, "I though we might be done, but I guess not. There is a set of stairs going down. Should we clean out these two rooms before we head to the basement?"

He then detours over to the bunk room, checking it quickly, then inspects the room to the south, checking it quickly. Once he is done, he nods to the others. "down we go. Let me sneak ahead a little."

sorry if this is too many actions. He will take ten (22) on perception checking both the rooms. Then take stealth going down the stairs, taking 20(32) on perception. When he gets to the bottom he will peak out, not move into an open square...

stealth: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21 Wow, I thought that would be higher :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

Belegar peers into the pool.
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

He whispers, "See, I was right, think they're min-dragons or something."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Vaunu finds some strange roots between rations in the crude bunks near the kobolds' beds, but is unable to determine what they are, and if they are related to what he heard the whimpering kobold speak of.

Belegar sees but his own reflection in the well.

Meanwhile, Vaunu had gone checking out the stairs, headed down below ahead. He finds a 25ft long tunnel leading to an intersection.

Map coming later today.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Finding a ltong tunnel leading to an intersection, Vaunu goes back upstairs, "Hey I found a long tunnel leading to an intersection." as he turns to go back down stairs, he asks, "Do any of you know anything about plants? There were some strange roots between rations in the crude bunks over in the other room near the kobolds' beds." He shrugs his shoulders, "Does anyone want to look at the roots before we go downstairs?"

would knowledge dungeoneering or knowledge help with the roots, there both +9
knowledge: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


AC: 21 TAC: 11 FFAC: 20 ¦ HP: 18/44 ¦ Fort: 7 Ref: 3 Will: 3 (+2 Saves to Poison & Mind-Affecting) ¦ +6 Percep ¦ Init: +1 ¦ Move: 20' ¦ Belegar's +1 Guidance

Just out of curiosity, does that Dragon Statue give off any presence of any Kami nearby? Figured I'd ask. ;)

Upon the mention of roots, Uke will go over and take a look at them. Glancing over these strange roots, Uke will try to determine their usage via Know:Nature.

Know:Nature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16.

If Uke doesn't know what they are, he'll suggest that "We could take those roots and try to find an herbalist in town who could tell us what they might be."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Wizard (Universalist) 6 | HP 36/36 | AC: 12 T:11 FF:11 | F:+4 R:+3 W:+6 (+4 vs Spells/Spell like Ability) | CMB+3 CMD 16 | Init. +2 | Perception: +2 Spells Per Day: 4/4/4/3 | Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7

Jurgan looks at the roots with disinterest. "Herbalism...so archaic. Take them if you must but lets be going. Who knows what the yapping lizards were storing down there."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
I have most knowledge skills, if needed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Due to reasons, map had been delayed.
The dragon statue is not kami related.

Uke recalls having seen a similar root, named reco-root, an edible root known for its jerky like texture.

Belegar recalls said root usually giving a short burst of renewal, suppressing tiredness or fatigue, though the root is not native to this region.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

New map has arrived to explore.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Turning to the others and smiling, "Well, sneaking ahead didn't help very much last time. Let's move together as a group, I'll take the front, you fellows follow close by." Assuming everyone is following, Vaunu begins moving forward slowly, keeping a keen eye out, but not being particularly quiet.

He will 'take 10' (22) on perception


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

Nothing is unusual in the chamber where the team arrives in down below, aside from the expected disturbance of the ground from small sized feet, but Vaunu sees a split in paths up ahead.

Any specific actions from the others? If you're fine with your small guide scouting ahead, could he draw an arrow to where he's going?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I assuming were moving as a pack, once they get to the intersection can he see anything either way?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CAMPAIGN COMPLETE! Wounds (0) HP (51) Saves (9/7/9) AC (23/11/22) Initiaitve (+1) Wand (32) CMD (20/22) F (0/4) Blessings (5/5) SW (5/5) Lvl 1 (1/5) Lvl 2 (3/4) Percp, Survival (+11) Intim (+6)

Thandir stomped along. He had a newfound respect for the kobolds’ defense. Being stabbed repeatedly in the chest tended to do that.

Taking 10 as well


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

Belegar follows, sword in hand and eyes darting.
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Map Innkeeper and storyteller. Day of 1st full moon.

To all but Belegar, the tunnel seems like any other.
Except Belegar notices something off about the ground ahead, a camouflaged pit!

The area along the northern wall is safe enough for a small sized creature to pass without problem, yet medium sized creatures will either have to jump across, or pass a DC 14 acrobatics to carefully move along the narrow area.

Area marked.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf skald 6 | HP 45 | Init+5; low-light vision; Perc+12 | AC 18/11/17 | F+7 R+4 W+7(+9/+11)

”Woah, woah, woah! Hold your horses, everyone. A pit trap, see there...”

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,813 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Halloween 1 shot, welcome to Serenity Hollow All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.