OMB's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

Tactics maps


2,751 to 2,800 of 3,959 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

And I see no reason (yet) to share your real form...

Garret also looks at Ferabras "Just say the word, I am ready whenever you are."

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras pats the hilt of his great sword but keeps it sheathed, saying only, ”Let us go and see what is afoot inside this place. It’s possible we can talk our way through this, but I expect not.“

I’m still traveling, but am ready to head on in. Fera will lead the way if desired, and will start with a diplomatic approach if the opportunity presents.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

The fox icon might have confused me, as it is how I portray the character in my minds eye.

Karnhia nods and follows along, Riddywhipple perched upon her shoulder.


The party approaches the shack, walking boldly down the pier. As they approach, the addict on watch spots them, his eyes going wide. He ducks back inside, slamming the door and the party can hear sounds of scraping of feet and chair legs as something is jammed against the door. From inside you hear, "GO AWAY! We don't got nothin' you want!"

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

"Allow me to try," Zora murmurs to her colleagues, and steps forward, whispering a short orison to further honey her toungue.

"No, you have nothing we want," she agrees to the scared voice on the other side of the door. "But we have something you want. Is this truly the life you desire? Dealing in this poison? When you were children, did you not see more for yourselves than slowly tainting the minds and bodies of others, then dwelling in this miserable den living in a state of constant fear and anxiety? Dreading anyone stronger? Should not your lives hold more than this? Peace, safety, sleep without the dreams that make you wake in a cold sweat and wonder how your choices have led you here?

"It is not too late. We can help. This situation can be fixed; nobody more needs to die. If you unbar the door and let us in, I swear to you by Pharasma herself that you will walk away today, richer than you are this moment, in as full a health as I can make you. And with cleaner consciences. Decide well. It is not often that the choice of what path to take is so clearly laid before you."

Diplomacy, with enhanced diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 2 = 34

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Great post and compelling words, Zora!

Ferabras knows he cannot speak with such thoughtful eloquence as Zora, but weighs in nonetheless, in the hopes that another voice, of simple sincerity, will sway the poor souls inside, ”It is as my friend says. We mean you no ill, and offer you a hope of something better.“

Auto-succeed to aid on Diplomacy.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The addicts murmur inside, a decided discontented tone to their talk. Finally the leader sticks his head out of the door. "Well... None of us wanna die ma'am, but... Greeley gave us shiver if we'd wait here for some'un soundin' like you to come by. He tol' us to attack you, but he didn't say nothin' 'bout you makin' sense. Guess you can come inside, if ya want. We won't attack you if you don't attack us, I guess." He unblocks the door and opens the shack. Inside you can see four addicts sitting against the far wall, looking slightly dazed. Discarded shiver pipes lay around, used up. The addicts are all twitchy and look ashamed by your words and full of regret for the decisions they've made. The 'leader' stands by the door, holding a chair leg loosely like a club. The shack reeks of body odor, vomit and slightly of urine.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

"And where's Greeley now?" Ferabras asks gently as he enters the shack. "Having let us in, he'll turn on you in the blink of an eye, I've no doubt. And you clearly owe him nothing for his treatment of you, where my friend here can help you."

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

"Errr, would you mind if I open some windows? It does not smell that nice in here..." Garret adds

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

"You have made the correct choice," Zora says with a nod as the door is entered. "Frankly, had you fought us, you would have become badly hurt and might even have died. Fortunately this is no longer a concern. Are any of you hurt.... other than your cravings for shiver?"

If any of the addicts have any actual HP damage, Zora will pop a channel in the room. Let me know if I should mark it off or not.

A channel if there's hp that needs fixin: 6d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 2, 1, 5) + 1 = 17

She looks over the twitchy souls in the room with the eye of a medic, no doubt seeing the signs of long-term drug usage... Take 10 on a heal check for a 20 to assess their general health

"When is the last time any of you had a hot meal?" Zora asks, her manner shifting to something more... chidingly maternal. "If I give you coins, you will assuredly spend it in the drug dens of this city. But my companions and I are guests at the King's Harvest, an inn you may have heard of. Here..."

Zora writes a note to the proprietor of the King's Harvest that promises she will pay for a hot meal for each of the four men, a hot bath, and a room for the night.... and breakfast in the morning as well, the coin to be paid on her return to the inn that night. She signs it with her name, a Pharasmin spiral, and the glyph of the open road.

(I can't imagine that would cost more than 20 GP, but Zora'd be willing to pay up to 50)

"Take this," she says to the 'leader' of the group, the man clutching his unfortunate club. "At the least you'll be fed for the night, whether or not you can tell us more. But yes, what of Greeley? Where might we find him? This is the first step to making your past mistakes right."


Nice role playing!

The addicts look lean, but not diseased or sick in any way. Most of them sport scars that you would expect to see on soldiers, which means they're probably veterans. They're deep in the shiver's thrall, though and they're still twitchy.

"Well, ma'am, Greeley left us food," He points to a stockpile of bread, cheese and dried meat in one corner. It's mostly untouched. "He tol' us to stay here and wait till you came. Said he planted rumors with the right folks. I don' know where he lives, but onea his men said somethin' 'bout 'under the red oliphaunt' once. Don' know what he meant, an' I never much cared to find out, you understand?"

Perception check!

Perception DC 15!:
As the addict is talking, you hear the water outside the pier start splashing as waves hit the underside of the shack. Then you notice water seeping up through the floorboards. It's rising way too fast to be a tide!

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Perception : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

”Hmm, ‘under the red oliphaunt’? What could that mean?“ Fera wonders, deep in thought.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

auto-succeed that perception check

"Errr, why is that water rising so quickly? I am not a sailor, but this is not natural!"


The addict looks alarmed, noticing that their food is now floating as the others spring to their feet! "But, we've been here a full day and the tide never gets this high! Never!" He goes to open the door, but recoils with fright: a large mass of water with a vaguely humanoid face stands just outside the door!

Knowledge Planes DC 15:
It's a Large Water Elemental!

Initiative:

Ferabras: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Mikail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Zora: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Garret: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Karnhia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Foe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Round 1:
Heroes
Watery Doom!

You guys are up first!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Sorry about the radio silence, things have been... Interesting here.

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

As Zora talked to the addicts, Karnia opted to stay silent. No point in frightening the giorgos or saying mean things she thought to herself as she poked at a pile of dried meat like it was diseased, something that didn't stop Riddywhipple from swooping on down and grabbing himself a piece. "So the giorgo knows people are looking for him does he? Well. How about..."

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

"Hey Kharnia... Check the water..." says Riddywhipple cautiously, before swallowing what is left of the piece of meat.

He couldn't have failed the check.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

"Where in the many roads..." begins the Varisian woman, before the lead addict throws the door open and Kharnia takes a good look at the creature beyond. A creature she knows all too well.

"Blestem, that is a water elemental!! Get out of the water if you can!" she cries out before going through the spells at her disposal in her mind's eye coming to an inescapable conclusion: none will be of any great use. Making a gesture akin to benediction, her words are anything but. "Face-vă pula să se usuce și să cadă!" she hisses, giving the creature an evil eye before erupting with laughter, a harsh, mocking laugh.

Varisian (Warning:foul language):
"Let your dick wilt and fall off!"

I need a DC 18 will save vs Evil Eye and I am cackling. Evil Eye will be -2 to hit.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras knows little of such creatures, save that this one appears intent on harming his friends. Drawing his blade as he moves toward it, he does his best to block its entry through the doorway, then slashes at it powerfully!

Move action to draw and get into position, standard to attack.

+1 Greatsword, PA: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 2 = 28
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 8 + 6 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Kitsune Rogue (Unchained)(Kitsune Trickster)/ 6 42/42hp, -2 Con] [AC:21 T:15 FF:16] [Perc +10] [F+3/R+10/W+3] [CMB 6] [CMD 20] [SP 30FT] [INIT +7] |

Karnia: No worries, I was just teasing anyways! I seriously considered changing the avatar back at the beginning but I figured it was too much work to be going back and forth with profile pictures!

Mikail hangs around at the back of the group, uncharacteristically silent through the exchange, although he too commiserates with the addicts. He is rightfully fired up at the deception, but can't fault the simple addicts, especially seeing as how they were willing to listen to reason.

As the water rises, he jumps to his feet and turns for the door, backpedaling only for a moment as the hideous visage peers through the doorway.

Quickly, he digs into his pack to pull forth a scroll tube and quickly begins to read.
UMD: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Suddenly, the party feels extra strength and speed flowing into their limbs and bodies!
Casting my last scroll of Haste.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Garret rushes forward to stand next to Ferabras and tries to bring the elemental down

Hasted Trip vs Large: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 2 = 28
Vicious Stomp attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Thanks to archetype I count as a medium creature when tripping

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

"Get out of the room, to safety," Zora says instantly to the addicts at the elemental's appearance, urging them to any other exit that isn't filled with a raging water spirit. A gesture of her wrist brings a wand into her hand, and the command word calls a blessing down on her companions.

5=ft step back, then Bless


Will vs Evil Eye, DC 18: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 The gurgling mass makes a sound like a wet whistle, but its tune changes as Ferabras cuts into it, spilling water out! Mikail uses his scroll, just in time to see it go off and the now useless paper float away as the water rises into the shack! Garret wades forward and trips the mass of water, stomping the puddle as it falls! It gurgles angrily! You're all encountering DR, but some damage is definitely getting through. Zora blesses the lot of you, and the addicts nod, but in a flash the room is full of water. Only a couple feet near the roof is free and the addicts are trying to tread water and keep their breath and panic has set in!

Underwater combat rules!

The elemental swims to its feet! Garret and Ferabras get Attacks of Opportunity! It makes a chortling huffing sort of laugh noise and slams at Ferabras and Garret!

Slam vs Ferabras, evil eye, water mastery: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 16 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage!
Slam vs Garret, evil eye, water mastery: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 12 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 damage!
Neither attack seems to land!

Round 2: Heroes are up! There are intact glass windows, but the addicts seem too panicked to think of using them.

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Swim check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 Not sure what the DC is for the swim check here, eitehr 10 or 15, I'd guess.

Ferabras slashes awkwardly at the watery beast as it gets itself upright, though he's puzzled how such a creature defines upright. He then cuts and cuts at it again and again!

Full attack!

AoO: +1 Greatsword, PA, Haste, Bless, Water: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 17
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 8 + 6 = 16

+1 Greatsword, PA, Haste, Bless, Water: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 13
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 8 + 6 = 21

+1 Greatsword, PA, Haste, Bless, Water: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 20
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 8 + 6 = 21

+1 Greatsword, PA, iterative: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 20
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 8 + 6 = 20

Bite attack, secondary, PA: 1d20 + 9 - 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 10
Bite damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

All damage rolls are halved, sadly, due to being underwater.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
Swim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Attack window?: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 1 + 1 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Garret quickly swims towards a window and attempts to punch through

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Zora works on securing her own air supply first, in a methodical way...

Casting check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Successfully casts air bubble on herself

Noting the plight of the addicts, Zora draws her long spear from where it is slung over her back.


Ferabras hacks into the watery foe, but a lot of the impact is lost due to the water. Garret slides away and kicks out the glass window, but despite the water having a way out, it doesn't drain! However the addict leader, who seems a little more together than the others, grabs his fellows and directs them out the window, into the air beyond!

Zora creates her own breathing space and helps direct the addicts out!

Mikail and Karnhia! Happy Easter/Passover if you're celebrating this weekend!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Karnhia taps Riddywhipple on the shoulder and the fairy dragon zips out the window into fresh air as he turns himself invisible. Meanwhile, Karnhia continues her daunting chuckle, as she gives the elemental another strange look, leaving it feeling confused and slow to defend itself.

Cackle and Evil Eye for a -2 on AC, DC 18.


Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 This time the elemental seems to falter and it drops its guard from the evil eye. Mikhail, seeing Ferabras has the elemental in hand, helps the addicts out the window, where the tiny drgaon has disappeared.

The elemental presses the attack against Ferabras!
Slam, water mastery, hexed: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 - 2 = 17 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage!
Slam, water mastery, hexed: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 - 2 = 17 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage!

Round 3: Heroes are up!

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26

Garret points outside and then tries to rush past the elemental

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

Ferabras, unscathed by the elemental's strikes, continues to press the attack!

Full attack

+1 Greatsword, PA, Haste, Bless, Water: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 12
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 8 + 6 = 20

+1 Greatsword, PA, Haste, Bless, Water: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 26
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 + 6 = 20

+1 Greatsword, PA, iterative: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 20
Greatsword damage, PA: 2d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 + 6 = 18

Bite attack, secondary, PA: 1d20 + 9 - 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 19
Bite damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

What kind of a check would it be to squeeze out of one of these windows?


No check, just treat it as difficult terrain, so long as the glass is broken.

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia makes her way out of the water agonizingly slowly. Upon emerging out, she gasps, taking in great gulps of air as she continues to cackle.

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Riddywhipple uses his greater invisibility and moves up to the other side of the elemental, hoping to provide Ferabras with some assistance.

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

With the window broken, Zora sees no need for her spear. She drops it and invokes the powers of her goddess instead, weaving a spiral with her fingers. Then, moving sluggishly under the water, Zora plods forward with her armor weighing her down to be able to walk on the floor of the now flooded building, and touches Ferabras on the shoulder.

Freedom of movement on Ferabras, duration 70 minutes; should get rid of basically all his negatives including the half damage


Freed of the sluggish water weighing him down by Zora, Ferabras hews through the water elemental, who seems to fade away into the water with a last bubbling gasp. Kharnia escapes through the window, while Garret ends up outside the hut on the other side of the elemental and outside the water. Mikhail helps the last addict out and then climbs through himself. For a moment, the scene is quiet, save for water dripping and addicts coughing and spluttering.

Then something launches out of the water like a bullet! It flies through the air and lands behind Garret on the pier, looking like a large demonic frog-man! It attacks him with a furious blend of teeth and claws!
Teeth vs Garret: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage plus Grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10!
Claw vs Garret: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage!
Claw vs Garret: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage!

Round 4: Heroes are up! Knowledge Planes!

Knowledge Planes DC 18:
It's a hydrodaemon, a NE daemon that personifies death by drowning! For ever 5 by which you beat the DC, you get another piece of information about it!

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Karnhia snarls. "Hydrodaemon cățea, your days are at an end"

Lets go for immunities, and resistances. Also, took my move action, I'll decide on my standard when I get an idea as to what I can do to this thing.


Immunities: acid, death effects, disease, poison, waters of the River Styx. Resistances: cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10

Silver Crusade

Tiefling Paladin 8 | HP 71 | AC 26 | T 12 | FF 25 | CMD 26 | Fort +13 | Ref +8 | Will +12 | Init +1 | Perc +3

"Karhnia, please get your little dragon friend out of the way!" Fera calls out, ready to join the fray once he has a clear path.

Not sure where I fall in the initiative order, but I'll delay until Riddywhipple can move out of the way and then I'll move up and smite the heck out of that frog demon.

Attack for when Riddywhipple moves:

+1 Greatsword, PA, Smite, Haste, Bless: 1d20 + 15 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 15 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 25
Greatsword damage, PA, Smite: 2d6 + 8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 8 + 6 + 6 = 28

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Bad idea frog thing!

Trip: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 2 = 19
Trip: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 2 = 23
Trip: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 16 + 2 = 33
Stomp: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Iterative: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 + 1 - 5 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

I do hope its CMD is less than 29, if not I am prone and that second and third attack are at -4 due to prone

Garret has some trouble finding purchase on the slimy frog demon, but finaly finds his handhold and throws the demon right in front of Ferabras

”One frog demon for you!”
expnding one ki point for ki throwing a bigger opponent


1 person marked this as a favorite.

CMD 27, you lucky, lucky halfling!

The Exchange

CG Male Fairy Dragon Familiar 6 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 22 (16 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +4 CMD:14 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +16, SM: +8 | Speed 10ft, Fly 60ft (Perfect), Swim 30ft | Greater Invisibility 3/3 per day leftActive conditions: None.

Riddywhipple, knowing that this is a little more than he should handle, flies to the side and assists Ferabras with his attacks, distracting the creature with invisible attacks!

Assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

The Exchange

CN Female Human Witch (Synergist) 7 / Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 14(+4) (14(+4 vs Incorporeal) Tch, 10(+4) Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD:16 | F: +6, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Mage Bullet Bonuses (current): - | Active conditions: Mage Armor (8h).

Kharnia winces as she remembers that his kind are immune to poisons. With a sigh, she gives him a gesture; a gesture from the earliest days of humanity, and one that has kept it's power.

Evil Eye, targeting saves, DC 19


Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 The daemon seems shaken by the EYE-full it gets from Kharnia!

Garret trips the thing on his second attempt, hitting it hard while it's down! As soon as the small dragon moves, Ferabras attacks! The thing is cut viciously, oozing green blood from its wounds, but seems hell-bent on hurting you anyway!

Zora and Mikail?

Dark Archive

N Cleric 8 - 52/52 HP - AC 17-t10-17 | F +7, R+2, W+10 | Per +6, Init +0 | Channels remaining 3/11

Seeing that the others seem to have it well in hand, Zora collects her spear; she can use it to try and distract the demon in a few seconds.

Having to move (not 5-ft) step due to the water to get back to the squares where I dropped my spear, so that'll technically provoke from the prone frog monster (if it has reach); then another move action to pick it up


The hydrodaemon lashes out at Zora as she stoops to spear-getting. Claw vs Zora, prone: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 13 - 4 = 21 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage!

Anyone want to NPC-Mikail?

The daemon snarls and spits at Ferabras! Provokes!
Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 If it hits, I need a Will save DC 19 or fall asleep for 6 rounds!

Then it stands up! Which provokes again, if you have multiple AoOs!

Next Round: Heroes are up!

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

Lots of dice:

Attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Yep, combat reflexes!

Flurry
Trip vs CMD 27: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 2 + 1 = 24
Trip vs CMD 27: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 16 + 2 + 1 = 34

Attack of opportunity Stomp: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Haste attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Iterative attack: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 2 + 1 - 5 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The halfling goes beserk! First he kicks the frog in the mouth as it spits at Ferabras, followed by a punch to the gut as it stands up. A glancing kick to the left knee is followed by the sound of something breaking when Garret kicks the right knee. The frog goes down again! Garret wastes no time and throws himself upon the frog. Three quick punches later the small cook takes a step back and looks down on the frog demon "Bad move froggie!"


Botting Guide

Click... whirr... no botting protocol for Mikail... engaging reasonable assumption program for rogue, unchained ...

Rapier: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Damage + Sneak: 1d6 + 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (1, 1, 1) = 10
Attack of opportunity rapier: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Damage + Sneak: 1d6 + 6 + 3d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + (1, 6, 4) = 21
The target takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls. In addition, the target takes an additional -2 penalty on all attack rolls it makes against the rogue. Duration 1 round for each hit, which stacks

Mikail moves to the frog while he draws his rapier. He stabs down once and then again when the frog tries to stand up.


The frog daemon rises, and then falls, hard. By the time Mikail's stabbed it and Garret has curbstomped it, it's more a lifeless blob of goo than an actual daemonic entity! DEAD!

On the shore, near the pier you're all standing on, a large mob of people have gathered. They have the same haunted look as the addicts in the shack, who are cowering behind it, not yet eager to come out. The mob is holding broken bottles, hand tools and makeshift clubs and they're all grumbling and staring with hard eyes at you. You overhear a couple of them mumble something about "We kill these scum, we get a lifetime's supply of Shiver, eh. Care o' Greeley." The rest of the mob mutters agreement. It doesn't look like there's much reason in these people.

Grand Lodge

hp 52/52, Freedom of movement | Ac 29 (Mage armor[+4] and Barkskin[+3]) T21 FF 22| Init +8 Fort +9 Ref+13 Will +10 (+2 vs fear & +2 vs enchantment & evasion) | Perception +14 Sense Motive +6 | Ki 2/5 | Reroll 1/1

”Errr, Zora? I think this is more your thing...”

2,751 to 2,800 of 3,959 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sior's Masks of the Living God Module (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.