GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


4,801 to 4,850 of 8,293 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Benedictus:
Well there are a few things at play here. They attack on their own and they don’t need your direction, but they take it - as a free action. But we’re pretty far from the rules when we start splicing up a round and what can happen when inside it. I did some searching of the boards, and no one else has discussed this particular issue. So I think I’m letting my ruling stand.

Another reason to lean that way is the fact that a summoner-focused wizard is already the most powerful character in most games. As such, they need no rulings in their favor to dominate already. :)
- - -

Nidhi:
You have to touch Zilchus to heal him, so I moved you up. I’m not exactly sure where you started, so you might not have the movement, but as it’s the end of the combat, I’m not going to worry about it.
- - -

Benedictus summons a hoard, littering the battlefield with combatants. They chew and gnaw on the giant snake, but cannot bring her down. Florence delays, waiting to see how the tougher combatants manage the round. Nidhi moves up, touching Zilchus lightly on the shoulder, healing him. Stelle charges in, lowering her lance level and even… she pierces the Matriarch through the heart, what there is of it, and she drops her to the flagstone floor. Zilchus, who is not shaken, might still take a couple swings on the Matriarch just to be sure as…

The Matriarch vanishes in a while blinding light. White hot snakes of fire writhe out of her dying form attacking all those within 10’ (Anubis, Nidhi, Stelle, Zilchus, and the throng) doing damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 (Reflex DC 19 for half) in addition to the blinding effect you’ve come to expect of the cultists (Fort DC 19 or blinded one round). The combat is over, so no need to make the save for your summoned, Benedictus, as they won’t be around long enough for another battle. :)

- Round 9 -
Benedictus - 33 (-37hp, invisible)
Ptolomy - (invisibile)
Green bison (-20hp)
Florence - 24
Nidhi - 18 (-6hp)
Stelle - 4+ (-56hp)
Zilchus - 4 (-41hp, -2 wis)
Good Folks - 4-
Lamia Matriarch - (dead, glitterdusted)(party shaken for 3/4r)(Stelle, Anubis, Ptolomy, and both bison)
Cultist, orange - (-55hp, stable)

We are out of initiative!


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
GMEuan wrote:
White hot snakes of fire writhe out of her dying form attacking all those within 10’ (Anubis, Nidhi, Stelle, Zilchus, and the throng) doing damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 (Reflex DC 19 for half) in addition to the blinding effect you’ve come to expect of the cultists (Fort DC 19 or blinded one round).

Stelle rides up to Benedictus and has Anubis curtsy. "Quickly! Let's go up and find where it is they are hiding the Queen Bee."

She looks around. "When we're all ready." Heal reset?


1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11 Reflex

Zilchus, though understanding the need for speed, feels woozy from his recent beatings. He takes out the wand of CMW and begins a few large heals on those that need them.

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 2) + 3 = 13 CMW - Ben, when seen
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 = 9 CMW - Ben, when seen

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 7) + 3 = 18 CMW - Stelle
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6) + 3 = 14 CMW - Stelle
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 8) + 3 = 17 CMW - Stelle

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 3 = 11 CMW - Zilchus
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 8) + 3 = 17 CMW - Zilchus
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 7) + 3 = 14 CMW - Zilchus

Then more as needed:

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 5) + 3 = 16 CMW - Ben

I think that’s close enough for CLWs. 9 charges use, 8 to go.


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

As soon as the lamia falls, Benedictus dispels his invisibility and becomes visible once again. "Phew, that was close!" he comments, a hint of fatigue in his voice. His brow is beaded with sweat. "Can someone explain me what happened inside here? I only remember fighting a lot of cultists and a lamia outside, then I got called inside here, but it was not clear to me how and why you guys decided to head into here."

After some healing is administered to him, Ben pats Zilchus on the shoulder. "Thank you, my friend. This battles becomes more and more vexing as I progress and my arcane powers become stronger. But at least we won."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party presumably takes a quick moment to loot the dead while you heal, but you don’t find much of value until you check the pile of ash that was the Matriarch. The cultists had a few minor scrolls of magic missile (25gp)(2 per cultist (x9) = 18 scrolls), +1 heavy crossbows (2,350gp)(x9), cloaks of resistance +1 (1,000gp)(x9), and 990gp in assorted funerary masks and lesser gear. The giant’s scimitars are masterwork, but the blades themselves are massive and so carrying them around is tricky.

The Matriarch though had some nice equipment. Longspear +2, cruel (18,315gp), +2 composite short bow (+4 str) (8,800gp), a gold funerary mask worth 200gp, and the the locust cuirass (image) (11,565gp).

Locust Curiass:
The overlapping leather plates of this +3 lamellar cuirass oddly feel more like insect chitin than the supple leather they are crafted from. This armor’s lightweight construction gives it a maximum Dexterity bonus of +6.

The wearer of a locust cuirass can take 10 on Acrobatics checks to jump even if distracted or in danger. Once per day as an immediate action, the wearer can summon a swarm of locusts that surround her and support her weight during a fall, causing her to drift slowly down to the ground, similar to feather fall. While falling, the wearer can move up to 5 feet in any horizontal direction for every 1 foot she falls, at a speed of 60 feet per round. The wearer takes no damage upon landing. The effect ends as soon as the wearer touches the ground or after 6 rounds, whichever comes first. If the effect expires while the wearer is still in the air, she falls the remaining distance as normal.
- - -


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi straps her bow across her back, then places a hand on her hip. "Everyone else ran in and I started getting attacked... so I ran in too," she finishes lamely. Nidhi tilts her head, her hand still on her hip. "I don't really understand what happened either. So many animals and clones."

Nidhi shakes a finger at Ben, "but that's not important! We need to hurry and find the stolen bee!" Nidhi imagines a bee busily making honey in the next room. The liquid gold oozes from the honeycomb. She runs her tongue under her bottom lip, imagining the feast.

Nidhi casts Cure Light Wounds on herself, which returns her to full health. "Should we each put on one of those cloaks?" Nidhi motions to the pile of cloaks of resistance +1 they've looted.

Cure Light Wounds (self): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Nidhi Spell Tally:
Inspire Courage = 9/28 used
1st-level spells: 3 available, Remove Fear (Flo, Ben, Zil), Cure Light Wounds (self)
2nd-level spells: 5 available
3rd-level spells: 1 available, Good Hope (party), Cure Serious Wounds (self), Cure Serious Wounds (Zil)


Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"Can someone explain me what happened inside here? I only remember fighting a lot of cultists and a lamia outside, then I got called inside here, but it was not clear to me how and why you guys decided to head into here."

Zilchus struggles with how to explain all the chaos that just transpired and what happened as it happened. But he can't. There was too much chaos and fighting and yelling and screaming to recount it all.

"We fought. It was bloody. We lived, they didn't. That's about all I remember. Mostly, you need to be more vigilant about archers and terrain, Ben. Would have been better to fog up them archers altogether than anything, I think. We owned the ground, just needed to neutralize their archery. Don't you forget that. It's a good lesson...because archers love shooting at guys like you. Love it. I guarantee you that if we had lost, the guy who took you out would have been promoted," Zilchus says while cleaning off his blade. He looks around for magics of interest, backs up what seems worthwhile, and is ready to move.

Prof. Benedictus Dickens wrote:
"Thank you, my friend. This battles becomes more and more vexing as I progress and my arcane powers become stronger. But at least we won."

"Not sure why you're patting my back, Ben, but I'll take it." Zilchus doesn't get Ben's meaning but knows this isn't the time to ask about it.

Battles become harder as he learns more? The stronger he gets things are tougher? Maybe I'm not getting it.

Zilchus moves to the west to look down that hallway, then to the north to see what is there. He will do so heroically, because with Flo's help, that's what he does.

1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 19 + 2 = 34 Perception - west
1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 19 + 2 = 32 Perception - north


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle moves to the center of the room, nodding in agreement while Zilchus answers Ben's question. She inspects the area where the cultists floated down from above.

"I entered this room because -- not being much of a ranged fighter -- I thought it might be the way up onto the catwalks and into the rest of the compound," she says, looking up. "The cultists floated down from above. How? Do you suppose it works in reverse?"

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 Who can see magic anyway?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

To refresh your memories, the chamber you’re in has carved sandstone pillars rise to a ceiling covered in hieroglyphs. A large, circular opening in the center of the ceiling leads to a space above, and several knotted ropes dangle from the edge leading upward. It will take some time to read and understand the writing here - so I expect you’ll return to it (not like days or anything, more like an hour or two). Stelle sees no easy way to ascend, other than the ropes.

Leaving the second floor aside a moment, you briefly investigate the chambers to the east and west of the main hall.

When construction on Chisisek’s tomb and mortuary temple were completed, the workers who helped build them were slain and interred in these chambers. Over the ages, the corpses have fallen prey to desert scavengers and time, leaving behind only a few scattered bones and scraps of mummified flesh.

The cult used the western chamber to store supplies, including a 3-month supply of smoked meat (mostly antelope and camel), three full casks of water, camel tack, firewood, and a selection of well-used digging tools, including axes, picks, pry bars, shovels, and rope. In the east are the camels - a dozen fine specimens in good shape and staring down at you with the evil intent all camels are born to. One of them even tries to spit on Zilchus, though he just misses.

In the larger northern chamber however is an unusual sight. A beautiful gynosphinx (image) stands proudly against the northern wall. Unfortunately, a shimmering amber field of force surrounds her and seems to be immobilizing her. To make matters worse, several of the cultists have used the imprisoned sphinx for target practice, and dozens of crossbow bolts protrude from her immobile body.

She wears a beautiful pectoral (image) around her neck but has no other apparent gear or adornment.

Knowledge Arcana DC 23:
She is held in place by a Sepia Snake Sigil. A dispel magic, properly placed, should cancel the effect. It will also expire in several days of its own accord. Either way, when the Snake is dispelled, she’s going to suddenly take a lot of damage.
- - -


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

"I don't have any fog spell ready, usually...Perhaps I will in the future, though!" is the answer Ben gives to Zilchus tactical suggestion.

---

"Wow! A sphinx!"

Knowledge (arcana) check: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Knowledge (arcana) check (sphinx): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31 (lore, special abilities, resistances, damage reduction, spell resistance)

"A gynosphinx! What a majestic creature!" Ben's eyes sparkle with delight, and his mouth is gaping in awe. "We are going to help you," he declares, moving closer to where the sphinx is held by the spell, "one way or another, we will take you out of there!"

Ben considers his options, and realizes he will have to wait at least one day before being able to dispel the magical cage holding the sphinx. "Tell us more about you, mighty sphinx! How did you come to be imprisoned by those cultists?"


Zilchus, who presumably had been around camels much of his life, ignores the spitting beast. He walks over to admire the sphinx, noting the wounds. He looks at Ben.

"You think this thing could be friendly?" Zilchus runs his hands over the arrows and wounds, taking a look at the damage.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19 Heroic Heal check - lethal damage?

"Might be what we make sure it doesn't die? There are dozens of bolts here, that can't be good," Zilchus notes, counting the solid hits.

"Can it see us? Does it know we're here?" Zilchus asks, pulling out the wand of CMW as he sheathes his blade. "Maybe I'll just make sure it doesn't die, but doesn't want to kill us when it gets free."

Depending on his heal skill roll, Zilchus will use the wand of CMW one, two, or three times while pulling out the bolts that might be really painful. Assuming we might get a touch from Flo too.

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + 3 = 11 healing - Flo?
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 8) + 3 = 16 healing
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 = 13 healing


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

They gynosphinx has the body of a lion, the wings of a falcon, and the head and torso of a beautiful human woman. Meant to note that earlier.

Benedictus:
Lore is a bit tough to answer. As it’s a knowledge check (as opposed to dedicated research or some other more detailed information gathering) you don’t get a ton. Still, you do learn something. :)

Although there are many different species of sphinx, the one certain scholars refer to as the "gynosphinx" (a name many sphinxes find insulting) is a wise and majestic creature that is nevertheless terrifying when angered. Less moralistic than their male counterparts (the "androsphinx" - a different creature entirely), sphinxes are careful and methodical in their decision-making, and pride themselves on their cold logic and impartiality. They have little patience for the lesser sphinx variants, seeing them as little better than animals. Sphinxes love riddles and complicated dilemmas, and treasure strange facts and arcane trivia far more than gold or gems.

As for special abilities, they are innate spell casters:
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 12th)
Constant—comprehend languages, detect magic, read magic, see invisibility
3/day—clairaudience/clairvoyance
1/day—dispel magic, locate object, remove curse, legend lore
1/week—any one of the following: symbol of fear (DC 20), symbol of pain (DC 19), symbol of persuasion (DC 20), symbol of sleep (DC 19), symbol of stunning (DC 21); all symbols last for 1 week maximum
- - -

The sphinx says nothing in reply to Benedictus, being frozen out of time and effectively unconscious. Zilchus finds the bolts impossible to remove and refrains from healing at this time, suspecting that it would be wasted on the magics covering the mighty sphinx. He can’t tell if the bolts will be lethal or not. At least there aren’t any coupe-de-grace hits, so she has a chance. However, she won’t take the damage, or receive effective healing, until the field has been removed so it’s hard to say.

Florence too is out of Dispel Magics this day, and cannot aid the sphinx.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Ben wrote:
"I don't have any fog spell ready, usually...Perhaps I will in the future, though!"

"Oh -oh!" Stelle exclaims excitedly. "You can do fog? Can you do Haboobs, too? Maybe a localized swirly kind -- like a really violent dust devil made of sand?"

Stelle wanders up to the frozen gynosphinx and gazes curiously upon the pectoral.
KnowHistory: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Is that a 'Phoenix'?

Stelle wanders up to the frozen gynosphinx and gazes curiously upon her proud visage.
KnowNobility: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Do I know you?

"Well, I guess she didn't see that coming," Stelle gestures at the immobilizing golden field around the gynosphinx. She looks at the arrows protruding from her helpless form. "What a bunch of weak jerks these cultists are... I hope they will pay for what they've done here in The Afterlife."

She stands in wonderment in front of the gynosphinx for a little while longer before cheerfully piping up with, "She'll be safe for the time being. Should we check out the rest of the compound for now?"


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
GM Euan wrote:
In the larger northern chamber however is an unusual sight. A beautiful gynosphinx (image) stands proudly against the northern wall. Unfortunately, a shimmering amber field of force surrounds her and seems to be immobilizing her. To make matters worse, several of the cultists have used the imprisoned sphinx for target practice, and dozens of crossbow bolts protrude from her immobile body.

Nidhi claps in excitement for Ben. "That was the easiest quest I've ever completed."

Knowledge Arcana DC 23: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

"I can't dispel the Sepia Snake Sigil. I can offer her healing... if we want to wait around." Nidhi frowns and looks around, "but where is the baby bee?"

Perception (look for stolen young): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:
Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Oh -oh!" Stelle exclaims excitedly. "You can do fog? Can you do Haboobs, too? Maybe a localized swirly kind -- like a really violent dust devil made of sand?"

"Well, at least I can try!," answers Ben with a smile, scratching the back of his head.

***

"I agree with Stelle. The sphinx should be safe for now. I think we should check out the rest of this structure, and see if we can find the bee."


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"I know a fog spell, but uh...I'm not sure how much it'd help against archers. But I can keep it prepared, just in case," Florence offers. She looks around for a moment and then nods in agreement with Ben.

"I think you're right. If you're all feeling up to it, we should look around a bit more. Our trapped friend isn't going anywhere," Florence remarks. "Not to mention if we can secure this place we can get some rest and prepare magics to deal with the sigil - a way to dispel it and healing magics to try and keep the sphinx alive."

Spells & Powers:

5th - Break Enchantment, Hold Monster
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life
3rd - Dispel Magic, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (1/3)

Fortune Hex Uses:
Healing Hex Uses: Ben


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle:
I’m not sure it’s knowledge history, but it’s definitely not a phoenix and she’s not a member of any noble houses you are familiar with. None that you recall have a sphinx in their party.
- - -

The party climbs the ropes, presumably utilizing Annie’s harness to bring her to the upper floor as well. You’ll discover fairly easily, that there are no magics to help you ascend, but there is a permanent feather fall effect around the cylinder. Any who fall here, float down gracefully and without harm.

Above then, this large, vaulted chamber has been carved from the sandstone of the cliffs. Three arched doorways in the south wall open onto the valley outside, while a large circular hole in the floor allows access to the chamber below. A tidy camp has been set up by the west wall, but otherwise the chamber is empty.

The walkway that leads ultimately to the towering pyramid are somewhat dangerous however. A natural sandstone bridge of breathtaking grace arches across the ravine to a narrow balcony on the southern cliffs. It’s a DC 10 Acrobatics to half move without falling (DC 15 full speed). If you fall, you have a further DC 15 reflex save to catch yourself before dropping 40’+ into the valley below.

You look across to the narrow path along the cliff linking the two natural bridges. The winds have scoured the path away in the middle, leaving a wide gap. Two long chains, one above and one below, stretch across the gap, swaying in the wind. That’s a DC 15 climb or acrobatics check to cross safely at half speed (DC 20 full speed), and a 110’ drop on a failure.

The second bridge is like the first (same DCs), but higher, and all are worn smooth by the wind and sand. Off where the Matriarch was first seen, is a tent over a small stone platform at the foot of the pyramid and, a little further along, a recently excavated opening in the side of the pyramid itself.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Once the group is up top, Florence peers around at the surrounding terrain and the narrow bridges and paths leading to the other camp and the opening into the pyramid.

"Um...I know it might be risky but maybe I could just sort of um, fly myself over to each stop point and rig up some ropes or something for us to use as handholds? We've got the time, as long as there aren't any more of those cultists lurking about."


Zilchus goes up first, happy that there are no foes with bows nor lamias with spears waiting for him.

"C'mon, up, it's clear up here," Zilchus calls down after reaching the top safely.

When the party is up, Zilchus will take lead going across the sandstone bridge. He will move carefully, and slowly.

Heroically, taking 10 Acrobatics: 10+0+2 = 12! 12 acrobatics! Hahaha HA!

Facing the chains, Zilchus will heroically take 10 to climb them carefully.

Heroically, taking 10 Climb: 10+5+2 = 17! 17 climb! Hahaha HA!

And then Zilchus will carefully (and heroically) saunter the rest of the way.

Heroically, taking 10 Acrobatics: 10+0+2 = 12! 12 acrobatics! Hahaha HA!


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Seeing that Zilchus has no time for slow-going flying rope shenanigans, Florence shrugs and moves to follow after him. Except without the slow-going acrobatics or feats of climbing skill. Instead, she simply activates her strange power and flits across the chasm to the other side. If you have the means for a shortcut, why not take it?
__________

Flo activates her Flight hex and moves across once Zilchus manages to reach the other side.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi casts Heroism (PRD link) on herself. "Anyone else need a boost of confidence to climb?" Nidhi looks at the others, wondering if they would like Heroism (PRD link) cast on them too. If requested, Nidhi will cast Heroism on her companion(s). (I think Heroism is single target.) She follows up after Zilchus - fairly closely - being less careful than her companion, singing (Inspire Competence PRD link) on her way up. Anyone within 30 feet of Nidhi while climbing gets a +3 to their check.

So if it's 160' up, do we roll for every 60 feet?

Acrobatics (+2 Heroism, +3 Inspire Competence): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 3 = 32

Acrobatics (+2 Heroism, +3 Inspire Competence): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 + 3 = 29

Acrobatics (+2 Heroism, +3 Inspire Competence): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 + 3 = 27

Nidhi scales the structure like a monkey(?) Between singing, Nidhi comments: "all of my morning exercises have been paying off."

Once at the top, Nidhi stops singing, but her song's influence seems to linger for two rounds. Lingering Performance feat (PRD link) Nidhi looks around once she's at the top of the platform.

Perception (+2 Heroism, +3 Lingering Performance feat - Inspire Competence): 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 + 3 = 33

Nidhi Spell Tally:
Inspire Courage = 12/28 used
1st-level spells: 3 available, Remove Fear (Flo, Ben, Zil), Cure Light Wounds (self)
2nd-level spells: 4 available, Heroism (self)
3rd-level spells: 1 available, Good Hope (party), Cure Serious Wounds (self), Cure Serious Wounds (Zil)


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Before Stelle can do anything, Anubis follows the honey without so much a a bye or leave -- carrying Stelle with him.

Heeeey... Stelle looks in surprise at Annie, who takes his time on the sandy bridges.

Anubis AcroDC10: 10 + 12 = 22
Anubis AcroDC10: 10 + 12 = 22
Anubis AcroDC10: 10 + 12 = 22


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, you need three rolls, DC 10, 15, & 10 respectively - so nicely done. You can take-10 on each roll, and with Nidhi's bonuses that might be enough to do the trick. Nidhi, figure 5 total rounds of performance (so 3 rounds off the counter, and 2 lingering rounds) to cover the parties ascent.

Benedictus may have some trouble though he can either fly, or get help from Florence (who will have to use another minute to do so - two minutes of flight total). Annubis is more than sure-footed enough to manage with Nidhi's performance aid.

The party can also loop some ropes along the particularly tough bit to help out if you like. I don't want to worry about it too much. :)

So, moving on, you reach the far side of the ramps, high up in the air. A small pyramid perches on the cliffs above the valley, almost as if it had fallen from the sky. At the base of the pyramid, a tent squats on a stone platform built where the natural bridge ends.

The tent is crammed with objects, but among the dates, smoked snake meat, waterskins, copper pots, and piles of cushions are a silver kettle worth 200gp, two bottles of luxuriant perfume worth 100gp each, and a magnificent silver-and-gold teacup inlaid with obsidians worth 300gp. In addition, the tent contains three large chests taken from Chisisek’s tomb. The chests are crammed with coinage and other relics from Ancient Osirion, totaling about 6,043gp total.

It also contains the notebook of the Matriarch.

She wrote in some sort of simple code, but Benedictus (and any others with strong Linguistics) can make out a few passages and intent. She was on the hunt for Chisiek’s tomb, in search of the Mask of the Forgotten Pharaoh, and other secrets.

The party is mentioned in a few places - she’s apparently had some sort of spy on you since you entered Tephu recently (after the undead uprising). Some of the reports are of individual actions, likely scrying attempts, while others are of the groups actions, likely someone watching you directly. Someone with skill at the very least.

She knows a little about your abilities, and knows you carry the Mask with you. When she learns that bit, she gets very excited at the prospect of ripping the Mask from your cold dead bodies. All mention of the party ends when you entered the desert other than a few question marks in the margins.

The Matriarch also speaks of some frustration. She is certain there is more within the tomb - more to learn, more to loot. However, there is a stone golem blocking the way, and she’s already lost some cultists battling it. She seems resigned to take it on personally, and was formulating a strategy when the notebook ends. There are many blank pages remaining, likely never to be filled…

Further along the cliff, a ragged hole gapes in the southern face of the pyramid, leading into the tomb’s dark interior. Piles of rubble and discarded digging tools lie on the ground outside the hole.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Well...that's actually halfway helpful in explaining some things," Florence remarks once they've reached the other side and divined the writings in the notebook. "But that part about the stone golem I could do without. Sounds like we'd have quite the fight on our hands if we want to head down into that hole over there," she says, gesturing at the hole in the pyramid's southern face.

She thinks on what the Matriarch had written about the stone golem, trying to recall if they've faced or heard of anything similar.

Kn. Arcana (Stone Golem): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

As soon as he spots the narrow balcony on the southern cliff, Benedictus considers the idea of using part of his arcane energy to fly by the obstacle, but he decides to save the spell for later and attempt with more mundane means, moving slowly through the balcony.

Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

To his own relief, the scholar manages to cross the balcony without problems. When he sees the bridge, however, he judges that it would be too much to ask Desna for her favor a second time. Therefore, Ben decides to cast fly on himself and simply flies over the briges, but then Nidhi starts to sing, inspiring a sense of confidence in the Osirionologist, who decides to attempt to cross the first bridge...

Acrobatics check (take 10; +3 inspire competence: 10 + 3 + 3 = 16

And the second!

Acrobatics check (take 10; +3 inspire competence: 10 + 3 + 3 = 16

***

"So...the lamia matriarch was after Chisiek's tomb. And she was interested in our mask. Seems like our areas of concerned have become increasingly crowded of late...," Ben comments while deciphering the diary. "Wait, what? She was scrying? At us? Damn, this sounds bad! We will need to take some precautions against that...It is clear that the lamia has not read my treatise on the ethics of divination..."

Knowledge (arcana) on the stone golem: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27 Info: DR, resistances, special abilities, SR


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Whoops, to save time here's what Flo would want to know about stone golems (depending on how good of a result she got): Special Attacks, Special Defenses, Immunities.


"Stone golem, huh? What's it made out of?" Zilchus asks, a bit confused by basic common for the moment. "Well, no matter, I'm sure my sword will take care of it."

"Anyone see the bee? Where is the bee guy we were supposed to find?" Zilchus asks, sure he missed something.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence and Benedictus know that stone golems are neutral large constructs. Benedictus further knows they have DR 10/adamantine.

No bees or bee larva have been found as yet. However, a little more time spent on the notebook, and some creative guessing, and you think the larva has been moved - given to a Serethet. Or sent to them anyway…


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Serethet? Who or what is that?

Florence isn't sure, but she tries to recall if she's heard the name or term before.

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Kn. Nature: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32
Kn. Local: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

"All I know is that a stone golem is a construct...and we've seen our fair share of them already," she sighs.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 17

None of you have heard the name Serethet before. It's new.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Ben wrote:
"It is clear that the lamia has not read my treatise on the ethics of divination..."

Stelle looks a the academic with a slightly raised eyebrow. "Given her nature, it should be clear that she wouldn't have bothered being ethical even if she had read your treatise."

"I think, should we find nothing else here, we should rest and deal with the gynosphinx. Maybe she'll be helpful with the Stone Golem, maybe not. I'm not sure we should disturb the tomb just yet anyway."

GMEuan wrote:
No bees or bee larva have been found as yet. However, a little more time spent on the notebook, and some creative guessing, and you think the larva has been moved - given to a Serethet. Or sent to them anyway…

"Wait, so -- what? Does that mean the larva might never have been here?"

Stelle gazes with scrutiny at Nidhi. For the larva to survive, won't it have needed jelly? Wouldn't that have to be contained in the hive wax?

Assuming it's O.K. to pause here with everyone ...

"Nidhi, I would like to try something. Can I see the box of honey?"

If Nidhi complies, Stelle takes a smidge of the hive wax sectioning the portions of honey, and holds it out to Annie.

"Annie, tell us if there was any larva here. Track!"

Annie sniffs at the wax and goes to work, taking his time.

Anubis SurvivalDC20: 20 + 8 = 28 +?

Stelle will have Anubis search the Tent, the Campsite and the valley surrounding the Tomb. Scribble tracks on map.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"That's actually not a bad idea," Florence agrees, looking thoughtful. "Maybe if we can free her she'll help with the golem or at least give us some more information on this place and everything that's happened here recently..."

She nods, now looking enthusiastic about the idea. "I like it. Let's maybe peek inside just enough to make sure nothing will wander out and then set camp here!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"Stone golem, huh? What's it made out of?" Zilchus asks, a bit confused by basic common for the moment. "Well, no matter, I'm sure my sword will take care of it."

Nidhi places a hand on her hip and tilts her head in a classic Nidhi-fashion. "Ben, what do you know about golems? Can they be charmed with a good song?" A stupefied expression crosses Nidhi's face: "wait- do they even have EARS?" Maybe they do only answer to cold steel.

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Nidhi, I would like to try something. Can I see the box of honey?"

"O- okay." Nidhi tries to not look too protective over the party's spoils (the crate of honey.) "You planning on luring her out with honey? ...like baby food for bees?" Nidhi watches Stelle to see what her plan might be. Nidhi observes so closely, that her warm breath tickles the back Stelle's neck. In a small voice, Nidhi suggests: "maybe we should eat some too. You know, to show her it's not poisonous." Nidhi's eyes are focused on the liquid gold as she wipes a trickle of drool from the corner of her mouth.

Bluff (check for poison... yeah, that's it): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Ben is about to add something to Stelle's comment, his index finger already high, when he decides this is not the time for a detailed explanation of the contents of his scientific exploration of divination morality. Focusing on the matter at hands, the scholar agrees with the halfling about her plan to rest and then deal with the sphinx.

While preparing for the rest, Ben explains what he knows about iron golems to Nidhi. "We will need adamantine weapons to damage it. And as for most constructs, I suspect you will not be able to charm an iron golem. No mind, no mind-control."


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 6

Annubis sniffs at the honey and licks his chops. Kept from it and forced to search elsewhere for more of the same, he hunts… He searches the cultists camp, and finds nothing. He searches the Matriarchs tent however, and has more success. You do not find any honey presently, but it seems likely, based on Annubis’ nasal capacity, that there was honey here at one point. But it is here no longer, and Annubis cannot track it from here as the trail is far too old (at least a day has passed since the honey was last present).

Florence, ‘just pokes her head in’ to the pyramid. And nothing goes wrong…

The narrow tunnel hewed by the cultists slants sharply downward into he heart of the pyramid, ending in a small chamber that is almost startling in its plainness. It looks to have contained some valuable grave goods - presumably those you’ve already looted outside. Proceeding carefully through the open door you see a corridor sloping steeply down to the west. A large sandstone sphere rests at the eastern end of the corridor, surrounded by what’s left of a thin false wall of plaster. Someone has disarmed the boulder trap already and it is safe to enter.

You have two doors, south and north. The southern door hangs open revealing an unadorned chamber containing various grave goods buried with the deceased for use in the afterlife, including furniture, tools, urns of seeds, and dozens of scrolls with detailed architectural plans for tombs and other structures. After a short search, you find nothing on Chisiek’s tomb, or Hakotep’s pyramid.

You’ll also, presumably, examine the hieroglyphs in the temple area as well, while you wait for the hot sun to traverse the sky. Those who read Ancient Osirioni see Chisisek’s double hieroglyph of an owl inside a house repeated often. Well, I suppose everyone sees that, but you read on. It appears to be a chronicle of the architects life, though no mention of Hakotep’s tomb appears here. According to the frescos, Chisisek was quite a designer and builder. As a child he designed his own tree-fort, they say, and he never put down the pen. Later he was schooled in wizardry, and wove his two passions together into fantastic structures.

But it does stop short of his work with the Forgotten Pharaoh, Hakotep. Perhaps that information may be found deeper in his pyramid.

Finally, you examine the rest of they valley itself. It is as previously described, though at the foot of the descending spiral, behind the pyramid, you find a small fresh water spring. Most refreshing!

You take some time in the evening to setup camp and enjoy a fine night among the stars. The valley feels cozy, with its high cliffs. Secure. The morning sun rises slowly, and late, over the cliffs, and your day begins anew. It is Moonday, Erastus the thirteenth. As always, feel free to role-play the evening and morning - then let me know your plans.


Zilchus stomps around a bit after the area is mostly cleared of bad guys and looks around for things others might have missed.

1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 19 + 2 = 30 Perception

"You know, I don't think I like cultists all that much. If they would just give their devotion to the Ruby Prince, like I do, everything would be much better. Don't you think?" Zilchus asks Florence.

After his heroism has worn off and he's feeling less heroic, he would have lazed away the rest of the evening (probably with a nice bottle of applejack), until it was his turn at watch.

* * *

In the morning, Zilchus will be ready to push on, find missing bees, and hack away at stone, as needed.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"I think things would be much better if they worshiped anyone else," Florence remarks dryly. "They'd probably live longer at any rate."
__________

The next morning, Florence rises and sets about her morning meditations. This time, she gives some thought to their predicament with the sphinx as well as Zilchus' comments about the strategic uses of fog. Once done, she stands and dusts herself off.

"Well, are we ready to try and free a sphinx?"

Spells & Powers:

5th - Break Enchantment, Hold Monster
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life
3rd - Dispel Magic, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt
2nd - Euphoric Cloud, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (1/3)

Fortune Hex Uses:
Healing Hex Uses:


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus finds nothing new in his active searching. Anyone trying to free the sphinx must succeed at a DC 18 Dispel Magic check (d20+caster level) after casting the spell.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Having completely forgotten about the sphinx, Zilchus is eager to be there when the dispelling happens. He will be ready with the wand of CMW, trying to save the Sphinx before it might die from the wounds it has.

"We're not sure it's still alive, let alone going to be friendly to us," Zilchus says of the situation. "Is it alive or dead? Reminds me of a story about a cat who belonged to this dude who worked as bellman at the wharf. Yeah, it was the ShoreRinger's Cat story. Weird."

Ready for CMW if the Dispel Magic works. Or if Flo's going to use her touch, that's a better use of resources.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"I think Ben determined that she's still alive but will be terribly injured once we break this sigil," Florence replies, nervously chewing at her bottom lip as she studies the imprisoned creature. "And you're right, I guess we really won't know whether she'll be friendly or not until we break her free."

She crackles her knuckles. "Hopefully this won't blow up in our faces but just the same, be ready for anything," she advises as she begins casting...

Dispel Magic (DC 18): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

...and manages to remove the silgil!

"Oh! It's down!" Florence gasps, half amazed that it actually worked.

Assuming someone doesn't immediately get shanked...

Florence quickly raises one hand, gathering a soft glow of healing energy. "H-hold on, we won't hurt you! Let us heal you!"

And if allowed or able to approach, she channels the healing energy into the sphinx.

Healing Mojo: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (5, 8) + 9 = 22


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Before the party attempts to help the sphinx, Nidhi removes her mask and tucks it under her traveling cloak, securing it closed with her silk waist scarf. "I don't want to be mistaken for a cultist again," she explains.

Nidhi does her best to assist Florence from the side. She outstretches her arms and wiggles her fingers. "Bippidi boppidi boo, I unfreeze you!"

DC 18 Dispel Magic check (assist): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

She's also prepared to help if necessary, casting Cure Serious Wounds on the creature.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (7, 2, 5) + 9 = 23


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The magics surrounding the gynnosphinx fade, she crumples to the ground, and begins to bleed… badly… from her many grievous injuries. Florence and Nidhi heal her prior to death from bleeding - at least enough for consciousness. She still looks pretty bad (below half) but at least she’s not dead. (38hp)

She awakens slowly, and struggles to her feet somewhat sooner than she should as she wobbles a bit when she gets there. Though weak, she straightens up and faces you with a quiet strength. After a pause to gather the scene, she says quietly, ”You are not cultists. I thank you for freeing me. I am Tetisurah. Are there any left?” she looks with anger in her eyes over your shoulders at the many piles of ash in the next room as if her gaze could kill them again.


"Greetings, Tetisurah," Zilchus replies, putting his unneeded wand away. "No, we've killed all the cultist here, save for whatever might be in the area above. We are not sure that they made it past the golem there." Zilchus offers his not-so-good smile. It's earnest, but not a good smile on not a good face.

Zilchus steps back to give the sphinx some room to move around.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Happy to help," Florence smiles, silently thankful that the gamble seems to have paid off. "I'm Florence and this is Zilchus, Stelle, Ben, and Nidhi," she says, indicating each of her friends. "What happened here?"


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Nidhi wrote:
"maybe we should eat some too. You know, to show her it's not poisonous."

Stelle grins at the tickling at the back of her neck. "We shall." she says, thoughtfully cocking he head to the side as she allows Anubis to sniff at the wax. "I have a little something planned for all of us."

Before freeing the Sphynx, Stelle takes a pile of fresh bread -- enough to serve everyone -- from the tent and cuts off all of the crusts, supplementing Anubis's breakfast with them. She takes the crustless bread and soaks them all in some of the honey, stacks them into layers in between which she puts nuts, and bakes them.

"Everyone have some -- it's too bad we don't have any cream, though. It is very good without it, but even better with a little cream."

The Gynosphynx
~~~

Stelle watches the proceedings from the back of Anubis in fascination, and has Anubis curtsy when she is introduced.

Florence wrote:
"What happened here?"

"Yes -- if you don't mind, where are you from? How did you these nasty cultists come by you? Do you know how long you were locked up?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"Greetings, Tetisurah," Zilchus replies, putting his unneeded wand away. "No, we've killed all the cultist here, save for whatever might be in the area above. We are not sure that they made it past the golem there." Zilchus offers his not-so-good smile. It's earnest, but not a good smile on not a good face.

”Ahh, good.” she smiles satisfactorily - a broad grin that invites others to join in the merriment. ”Thanks for that. So, where is this golem?”

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Happy to help," Florence smiles, silently thankful that the gamble seems to have paid off. "I'm Florence and this is Zilchus, Stelle, Ben, and Nidhi," she says, indicating each of her friends. "What happened here?"
Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
"Yes -- if you don't mind, where are you from? How did you these nasty cultists come by you? Do you know how long you were locked up?"

”Greetings. A pleasure to meet you all. I’m from all over the Parched Dunes really. I like to travel.” she smiles, ”But, I was duped sure enough this time. Jamirah is a smart woman, and she bluffs well. I had no prior experience with this particular cult either. Still, it worked out in the end, though I do not know how long I was out. Do you happened to know the date? It was Oathday, Erastus 10, 4714 when they arrived.” (Today is Moonday, Erastus 13, 4714)

She casts a little healing of her own to help fortify herself (CMW & CLW).
3d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3, 4) + 8 = 18

Still below half, but feeling stronger (56hp) she stretches a bit, extends her massive claws in the sand, settles back, and turns to the group, ”So. What brings you to my valley?”


Zilchus smiles, not realizing that this was *her* valley.

"Well, we're looking for a bee man. Did they have a bee man with them? Also, if this is your valley, what do you know of that big eagle thing a few miles that way..." Zilchus points to where he thinks he saw the eagle in the aerie.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Wait, what?!

Stelle speaks up, waving off Zilchus with an apologetic look.

"It's Moonday - Erastus 13, 4714. Jamirah? You were duped by the lamia? What exactly did she tell you?"


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Yeah, that's a really good question," Florence agrees, definitely curious. "We're here because she stole larvae from these nice bee-people we met some days ago; we were hoping to find it here but it looks like it's been moved or sent somewhere else."


NG male human (Garundi) diviner 10 | HP: 62/62 | AC: 14 [17] (13 Tch, 11 [14] FF) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +10 | Init: +16 | Perc: +14 (+16), SM: +1 (+3) | Speed 30 ft | Special abilities: prescience 10/10 | foretell 10/10 | Active Conditions:

Seeing the spjinx coming to life fills Ben with joy. The scholar stare in awe at the majestic creatures, and for a few minutes he is unable to move, let alone to speak. After his companions start a dialogue with the sphinx, however, Benedictus feels a little more confident and chimes in. He speaks in Sphinx, a language he learned in the past precisely for a moment like this.

"Majestic Tetisura, it is an honor to meet you..."

Ben kneels down, overwhelmed by his feelings. He just cannot find a way to speak about ordinary things with the sphinx. In his mind, his first encounter with a sphinx would have featured a riddle, a test of mental skills or some other intellectual challenge, and would end in a sophisticated discussion about philosophy, magic or some noble topic. In front of him, however, he sees a very pragmatic sphinx, much concerned by the matter at hands than by abstract contemplation. A wave of disappointment mixed with frustration waves onto Ben, causing him to feel so sad that he does not find the words to add anything useful to the very much pragmatic conversation going on.

Perhaps this is just a mask she is showing to us...It has to be!

4,801 to 4,850 of 8,293 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.