GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


6,051 to 6,100 of 8,103 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle appears to be holding her breath. She looks at Zilchus expectantly. Do we all need to see this? Do we all want to see this? Is he going to do as Nidhi asked?!

She moves next to Nidhi in case the armor turns out to be too much to hold.


Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"Actually... Zilchus, you should probably take off all that armor. Strip down to your loin cloth," she orders. "You don't want to get it muddy, do you?"

Zilchus looks at Nidhi, considering. He looks at the mud, then at Nidhi, then at his airwalking feet.

"I'm a little bit confused, Nidhi. You see, I've been airwalking all around this sphinx and so I don't know that I need to go *into* the mud at all, let alone strip..." Zilchus says, wondering what he is missing. His eyes alight as he comes to what he thinks is a delightful solution, a wicked smart smile on his face.

"But I think I can help you avoid the mud if you want. I'll carry you over there and help look for dangers," Zilchus offers to pick her up and carry her over using his very strong arms.

He smiles his not-so-nice smile as he tries to invite Nidhi to allow him to carry her over the mud and to the tile spaces.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

For a moment, Florence thinks of reminding the pair that she could also fly and help with the tiles. Or watch for hazards. But then she thinks better of it. If there were any protective measures that anticipated flight, it wouldn't do to have three of five caught by them would it?

That and she actually wanted to see if Nidhi would take Zilchus up on his offer. Or if she'd be able to convince him to strip down anyway.

"Too bad we don't have any drinks handy...or snacks," Florence whispers quietly to Stelle and Kosei out of the corner of her mouth.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Eyes riveted on Zilchus and Nidhi, Stelle discretely reaches into her haversack and retrieves some airplane serving size flasks of assorted booze and mixers, as well as a covered bowl of trail mix.

She hands them out to Florence and Kosei and helps herself while remaining focused on the couple.

"I have beer nuts too."


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei looks confused around trying to keep up with what is going up around him. The man of the sands suddenly understands the mud is a problem to the group, and he does conjure a wall of stone to make a bridge over the mud for everyone to cross over.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi frowns, her mind brought back to reality and the fantasy lost. She sighs, "yeah, okay." Nidhi stuffs her pockets with the three clay depictions. She raises her arms up, "can I ride on your back, then?" If Zilchus obliges and squats, she wraps her arms about his neck, resting her arms on his shoulders so he can transport her across the mud pit. Her traveling cloak remains on the floor, forgotten at the moment. If Zilchus offers to carry her another way, her eyes narrow suspiciously but nods.

Nidhi takes her longbow, strung across her back and her quiver of remaining arrows. Once at the wall, Nidhi places the tablets together with their corresponding limbs.


Meh. Too late now, there is a bridge Nidhi. Wish you had posted a bit earlier.

Zilchus, with the arrival of Kosei's bridge, dis-extends the offer to Nidhi, instead pointing her over the bridge to where she needs to go.

"Well, that problem is solved...as you were..."


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Well...that's a pretty practical use for that spell at least," Florence remarks, trying to hide her disappointment. She still samples one of Stelle's booze mixers and the trail mix though, before passing them back to her companion.

"You know, it'd really be amazing just how much someone could accomplish with a little magic when it comes to building things," Florence muses out loud. "Actual intricate architecture might still work best done by hand but if you had someone on hand that was powerful enough to make it permanent, there's no reason that you couldn't use magic to build simple stone walls like...like as fortifications for a town or castle, you know?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi moves to the wall (presumably) and places the tiles in the order previously suggested. As she places each one, there's a brief, tiny flash of electricity - almost pulling each tile into place.

When she sets the last tile, the previously secret door in the floor disappears as if it had never been there. A dank set of stone stairs leads to the darkness below.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Ha! Good job, Nidhi..." Zilchus turns to the dark passage, stopping to cast Discovery Torch on his buckler to provide a bit of light. Peeps, see spell description for benefits.

He will lead the party down when they are ready.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Nifty spell!

"Well...not our first time exploring moldy basements and crypts is it?" Florence remarks, peering down the stairs. Just in case there are more shenanigans, she takes a moment to conjure another protective spell for herself before nodding at Zilchus and the rest.

"Let's see what's so important that they went to all this trouble to lock it away, shall we?"

Spells & Powers Remaining:

6th - Cone of Cold, True Seeing
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment x 2
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic
2nd - Euphoric Cloud, Hold Person, Lipstitch
1st - Enlarge Person, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (1/3)

Fortune Hex Uses:
Healing Hex Uses:


______________

Flo will cast Death Ward on herself~


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"Ah! Would I had known your interest to see the mud man I would have looked for a different help, I hope you do not hold a grieve to the Lion Prince" with a smile Kosei shows his ill maintained teeth "So excited to know what lies below. What do you think? Might it be the Eye of Ra? Or perhaps some other large scorpion?"

The man pulls out of his tunic the elven hand and let's its light to pierce through the darkness. He looks at Zilchus, then moves on second or close to the lead.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The stairs descend some eighty feet before they open up into a subterranean chamber with air as stale as a mummy’s breath. The temperature is markedly cooler and more humid in this room than in the rest of Sphinx. The ceilings are roughly 30' high or higher but it varies a bit in the rough chamber.

A pool of water, perhaps formed from seepage from the mud baths above, glimmers against one wall. The floor is an expansive sea of damp sand. On the wall across from the stairs, large double doors provide an exit from the chamber.


Zilchus climbs to 5’ in the air as he walks in, falchion at the ready. He looks about before moving forward, pausing to cast Detect Magic.

1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 22 + 2 = 34 Perception

”Smells stale, like Nidhi’s underwear, in here.”


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence gives Zilchus a look.

"Right. Because you've definitely been in a position to know what Nidhi's or anyone else's underwear smells like."

Then she pauses as she looks around this new chamber.

Perception (Discovery Torch): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19

"But that scorpion upstairs didn't smell like this or underwear or anything else that I can think of. So we're probably safe. From enormous scorpions, I mean."


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi yanks her hand quickly to her chest at the spark of electricity. She hurries back across Kosei's bridge to pick her traveling cloak off the ground. "Look at that," she comments a bit breathlessly. "I guess I'm good at unraveling puzzles." She doesn't pull out her Everburning Torch from her cloak because Zilchus' Discovery Torch is active. Instead, she holds out her longbow.

Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
”Smells stale, like Nidhi’s underwear, in here.”
Florence Corvina wrote:
"Right. Because you've definitely been in a position to know what Nidhi's or anyone else's underwear smells like."

The jest doesn't seem to bother the bard, who openly embraces her sexuality and frequently gushes over the muscled bodies of both men and women. (Although rarely partaking in such pleasures.) Nidhi tilts her head, placing a hand on her hip. She smiles, her eyes alight, "when are you sniffing my parts and pieces, Zilchus? Are you a pervert? Leering over us women while we sleep?" She taps a finger to her chin, pretending to think. "Perhaps I should have a word with Her Excellency, Muminofrah."

Nidhi walks about 10 feet behind Zilchus to stay within range of his buff. She looks around the new area, longbow in hand.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 16 + 2 = 34


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Florence wrote:
"Well...that's a pretty practical use for that spell at least," Florence remarks, trying to hide her disappointment. She still samples one of Stelle's booze mixers and the trail mix though, before passing them back to her companion.

Stelle, completely surprised by the progression of events raises her eyebrows and puts away the refreshments quickly, but only after taking a shot.

She follows behind the others, looking for danger.
Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (6) + 24 = 30 +Discovery Torch! For what is this place?


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15
Kosei wrote:
"I hope you do not hold a grieve to the Lion Prince..."

At this, Anubis glances at Bynx. By any chance would this be a friend of yours?


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Kosei wrote:
"Might it be the Eye of Ra?"

Stelle raises a single eyebrow at this. Sun of a Lion!

GMEuan wrote:
The stairs descend some eighty feet before they open up into a subterranean chamber with air as stale as a mummy’s breath.
Zilchus wrote:

”Smells..."

Florence wrote:

"Right. Because you've definitely...

Nidhi wrote:
"Perhaps I should have a word with Her Excellency, Muminofrah."

Wait... what?


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Anubis lowers his head, hackles raised.
I smell fear.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Zilchus, whichever way we go! -- The Scarab of Mummy Defense!" She rasps, stifling a shout. Someone should be wearing that scarab -- maybe even you!"


HP: 44/44 l AC: 21, T 14, FF 19 l CMD 13 (17 vs. trip) l F +3, Ref +6, W +10, Spell Resistance 19 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Bynx, unable to resist poking his head out from the satchel he normally rides around in, looks from Kosei to Anubis and back again.

"Maow!"

No...but maybe he should be!


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

"Snuffle."

Yah, I hope so. Kosei smells... fresh. The rest of this place... not so much.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi, spurred on by Zilchus' earlier comment, continues the crude conversation with glee. She leans back and cups an imaginary bulge below her hips. "And even if my underthings were crusty from travel, they wouldn't be as stiff as the inside of your terrycloth. I bet it's molded to your form!" She laughs.

She was enjoying the banter, but straightened from the exaggerated posture. "The Scarab of Mummy Defense?" Nidhi echos. She turns to glance as Stelle. "Why do you think it'll be helpful here? Does it contain ginger?" Nidhi's superstitious nature shows itself for a brief moment before she finally turns silent, snickering only once.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party, for all their perceptiveness, senses little from the entryway.

The hall is dark and still, not even a ripple on the pool to give away the passage of time. The far doors beckon...


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"What a strange pool of water. Where do you think the waters come from?" without much thought Kosei jumps into the pool transforming himself into a dolphin mid-air.

The man of the desert explores the waters below while the others decide when and how to open the next doors.
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sorry for the slow posting, a head cold has eaten my brain. My face hurts. Plz make it stop.

No Scarab for Zilchus, have +2 Amulet there.

Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"And even if my underthings were crusty from travel, they wouldn't be as stiff as the inside of your terrycloth. I bet it's molded to your form!" She laughs.

Zilchus smirks, his little barb had landed nicely.

"I'll have know that you can wear a loincloth four times before they need washing. Obviously. Forward. Backward. Inside out forward. Inside out backward," Zilchus counts the four ways on his fingers as he rattles them off.

"I'm just saying that some things are really stale and haven't gotten much action. Like this room. And probably you. At least I'm the master of my own domain."

Zilchus moves over to the water, still 5' up, and looks within.

1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 22 + 2 = 32 Perception


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 3

As Kosei leaps into the air, becoming a dolphin before your eyes, a Giant Mummified Crocodile surfaces from the fetid pool and lunges at the flying porpoise with surprise, snapping at the air. Kosei hits the water, and can swim deeper, but you're at the surface currently.

Bite: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21 Damage: 4d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 5) + 15 = 35 Grab: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (17) + 32 = 49

Zilchus, you may be where you are, or further back, as it would have happened as you were walking up.
Kosei, dolphins are medium creatures, so you're only in the square with the nose, but the image looks weird all scrunched up.

Knowledge Religion DC 20:
You face a Mummified dire crocodile, NE Gargantuan undead (augmented animal). One question for each five you beat the DC as usual.
- - -

- Round 1 -
Stelle - 18
Kosei - 15
Giant Crocodile - 14
Nidhi - 11
Florence - 9
Zilchus - 5

Initiative Rolls:

Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Kosei 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Giant Crocodile 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

First up, Stelle and Kosei! The hard packed sand means that the terrain is normal, not difficult.


I think Zilchus would have been up closer as I would have posted him over there much quicker if my face wasn't borken with face cold.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 Know (Religion)

"A mummy croc! Awesome! But also...they are awesome. I don't think we should kill it! It's amazing!" Zilchus says, looking at the party for agreement. "It's pretty awesome, right? Crocs rule."


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"No one's going to be seeing any action if we don't finish our job here and get moving," Florence remarks with some exasperation even as she edges away from Zilchus slightly. And makes a mental note to not stand downwind if at all possible.

Kn. Religion (DC 20): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

But the sudden appearance of the croc mummy does a good job in making her forget all about everyone's crusty underwear!

"Wha...not kill it!? It's already dead, are you crazy!?" Florence shrieks, trying to recall what she can about oversized, mummified animals.
______________

Um...how about weaknesses?


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 1, Initiative 11:

Knowledge (Religion) DC20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Nat 20! ...Health pool?

Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"I'll have know that you can wear a loincloth four times before they need washing. Obviously. Forward. Backward. Inside out forward. Inside out backward," Zilchus counts the four ways on his fingers as he rattles them off.

Gross. Nidhi makes a disgusted look on her face but doesn't let the image of the heavily soiled garment distract her. Nobody had taken a bath since leaving the city and she was confident nobody smelled like a spring daisy. She opens her mouth and begins to sing, inspiring the party. Nidhi takes advantage of her clear shot and releases a volley of arrows at the undead creature.

To hit (Manyshot): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Damage (Silver Blanch Arrows): 2d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 7) + 6 + (5) = 19

To hit (Rapidshot): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Damage (Silver Blanch Arrow): 1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (4) = 13

To hit (Iterative): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage (Silver Blanch Arrow): 1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (4) = 13

Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"I'm just saying that some things are really stale and haven't gotten much action. Like this room. And probably you. At least I'm the master of my own domain."

Nidhi lifts an eyebrow, like any of us have? She doubted any action had happened for anyone except maybe Florence and Ben. Who knows went on in that carriage ride. Nidhi purses her lips at the second part. It was an intelligent observation she haven't expected from an astute scholar like Zilchus. Nidhi could be impulsive with her emotions and fantasies. Perhaps it was the fate of an artist. Nidhi rather liked that notion. It was dramatic.

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Stats on Damage:

Removed Point Blank Shot from damage.

Manyshot
To hit (Bard 12th level +9, Dex +3, Belt +3 (SELLING LATER), Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +2, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks))
Damage (Str +2, Masterwork Weapon +2, Magical Bonus +2, Point-Blank Shot +2 (30ft)), +6 Inspire Courage, +2 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks), +4 Good Hope), Critical x3, Range 100ft, Piercing, 1 ½ lbs (Darkwood)
Rapidshot
To hit (Bard 12th level +9, Dex +3, Belt +3 (SELLING LATER), Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +2, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks)) )
Damage (Str +1, Masterwork Weapon +1, Magical Bonus +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft)), +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks), +2 Good Hope), Critical x3, Range 100ft, Piercing, 1 ½ lbs (Darkwood)
Iterative
To hit (Bard 12th level +4, Dex +3, Belt +3 (SELLING LATER), Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +2, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks))
Damage (Str +1, Masterwork Weapon +1, Magical Bonus +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft)), +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks), +2 Good Hope), Critical x3, Range 100ft, Piercing, 1 ½ lbs (Darkwood)

Nidhi Spell Tally:

Perform 7/32 used
7 1st-level available
7 2nd-level available
4 3rd-level available, Good Hope (party),
4 4th-level available


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Nidhi wrote:
"The Scarab of Mummy Defense? Why do you think it'll be helpful here?"
Zilchus wrote:
"I'm just saying that some things are really stale and haven't gotten much action. Like this room."

Someone best be wearing it. "I think -- it just smells like stale musty mummy ick might down here!"

As a player, I have great respect for sea mammals.

Round 1, Init 18
Swift, Blades ^&v
Aaaya!!!"

Stelle charges.
"Did Kosei just turn into a big fish?!

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone)
+2 Flank (Melee, Everyone, Round 1/9)

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 5 - 4 = 22 +Banner, +Lance, +Str, +Flank, +Cavalier, -PA
for Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 6 + 24 ⇒ (5, 3, 3) + 6 + 6 + 24 = 47 +Lance, +Str, +PA[/dice]

Mighty Charge, Trip: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 26 [ooc] +Banner, +Lance, +Str, +Cavalier

Because you can totally trip a swimming croc. Or even hit it on a charge :-/.
Sorry, everyone.

Stelle gallops by, nearly taking Kosei out by the bottlenose.

"AAugh!

What IS this place?!


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Dolphin-Kosei eyes open wide in the air as he sees appear the giant mummy thing, fortunately splashing away from the huge teeth of the crocodile.

With a quick dive into the waters the dolphin retreats from the combat jumping out of the water with a skillful swimming tumble and then jump with a double corkscrew into the air.
Acrotabics (tumble): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Acrotabics (jump): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
The Kosei-dolphin waves in the air its flippers with despair, and with a bit of luck already on the rocks out of reach.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence:
It is vulnerable to sonic attacks if you have any.
- - -

Nidhi:
You think the creature has something like 126 hit points.

Also - Your Inspiration is a move action, and your three attacks are a full round action, so you can’t do both. Do you want one attack (the first one) and Inspiration? Or do you want three attacks and no inspiration? I presume the former, but let me know if you want to do something different.
- - -

Stelle charges in, and her lance gets muddled in the water, doing little but splashing the giant crocodile. Kosei flops back on shore, or tries to. Unfortunately luck is not with him and the creature takes a swing at the departing dolphin (AoO for movement).

Bite: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28 Damage: 4d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 4) + 15 = 27 Grab: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (8) + 32 = 40

Once grabbed, on its turn, the crocodile tries to slurp down the delightfully tasting dolphin.

Swallow Whole: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33 Damage: 4d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 2, 3, 4) + 15 = 29

…and I think he succeeds!

- Round 1 -
Nidhi - 11
Florence - 9
Zilchus - 5
-Round 2-
Stelle - 18
Kosei - 15 (-69hp, swallowed)
Mummified Crocodile - 14

Next up, everyone! Kosei, you may attack from the inside to try and carve your way out.


Round 1, Init 5

"No! Bad croc! Spit that out! SPIT. THAT. OUT!" Zilchus begins to berate his new pet crocodile with his sword, worried about the croc's manners. "We. Do. Not. Eat. Party. Members."

1d20 + 18 + 2 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 18 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 31 to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
2d4 + 21 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 21 + 3 + 3 = 31 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

1d20 + 11 + 2 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 31 to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
2d4 + 21 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 21 + 3 + 3 = 31 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard)

HP: 98-48+28-10/98
AC: 30/26 (7 armor + 2 dex + 1 dodge, +4 buckler +2 ring + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 2 Armor + 5-2 Barkskin = 35/31 AC + Stelle

DF 1/10
Weap: 0/12 rounds used (+3 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6)
Quick Prayer: 2/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 1/12 minutes used
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 9

"Hey! Use sonic attacks if you've got any - loud noises! It won't like it," Florence calls out, lamenting that she doesn't have much to offer in that regard except for her wand. Resolved to try something else first, she moves along the nearby wall until she finds herself standing with her feet barely in the water and...

Distance Works (No Allies in the Way):

...conjures a great concentric blast of coldness over the undead croc!

SR (If Applicable; Spell Pen.): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30

Cone of Cold: 12d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 2, 5, 3, 2, 6, 5, 6, 3, 2, 3) = 47

Move to current map position and cast; DC 21 Reflex for half.

No Dice (Allies in the Way):

...draws out her dinky little wand, taking aim at the croc.

Move to current map position and draw Wand of Ear-Piercing Scream.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei-dolphin shrieks as he is swallowed whole in one piece.

GM Euan:

The dolphin of the Sun fights for his life as he passes to the stomach of the crocodile No, this is no fair situation, you croc do not have any respect for the son of the sands?

Unable to pierce or slash with his small dolphin shape, Kosei decides to try something else. In a desperate move he wild shapes into a huge allosaurus to try even-out the chances.
I think because this is a Su, it is allowed in a grapple without additional concentration rolls

HP: 55/111
Wild shape: 3/5


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2, Initiative 11:

Nidhi continues to sing, inspiring her party. Then, amidst the chaos, Nidhi casts Mad Monkeys, summoning a swarm of screeching, mischievous monkeys. "Pry open that croc's maw!" She points to the giant undead creature. Nidhi throws her head back and laughs as the furry creatures add to the mayhem.

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Nidhi Spell Tally:

Perform 8/32 used
7 1st-level available
7 2nd-level available
4 3rd-level available, Good Hope (party),
4 4th-level available


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone)
+2 Flank (Melee, Everyone, Round 1/9 (Blades ^&v)

Florence wrote:
"Hey! Use sonic attacks if you've got any - loud noises! It won't like it,"

If Stelle knew anything about saltwater mammals of the order artiodactyla, she would think to shout "KOSEI! USE YOUR ECHOLOCATION SONAR! BUST YOUR WAY OUT!" because she would know that dolphins and other toothed whales use this biological feature to stun fish. But when used on smaller softer bodied things -- like jelly fish and what might pass for an undead crocodile heart or ganglion or stomach -- just shatter into millions of tiny pieces.

And the stomach of an undead giant crocodile -- left alone for centuries -- has to be soft, right? Because what would an undead giant crocodile have been swallowing whole that whole time?

It is all true, she would be sure of it -- if only she knew.

"AAAAYYA!" Stelle shrieks, in tandem with Kosei the Cute Smiling Big Fish as he is swallowed whole.

"Spit him out, SPIT HIM OUT NOW MURDER LOG!" she continues shrieking not quite sonically, beating on the mummy crocodile with her lance, mostly about the head and eyes.

Stab: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 = 19 -PA, +Courage, +Flank
for Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 8 + 2 = 19 +PA, +Courage

Stab: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 = 32 -PA, +Courage, +Flank
for Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + 8 + 2 = 18 +PA, +Courage

Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 = 31 -PA, +Courage, +Flank
for Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 8 + 2 = 16 +PA, +Courage

Stab: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 = 21 -PA, +Courage, +Flank
for Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 + 8 + 2 = 20 +PA, +Courage

She strives to drive her lance into the creature's pathetic old skull.

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 76/77
Annie: Hits: 75/76 (4.5 x HD +Con)
Stelle AC: 29
Anubis AC: 30
Buffs:

Saves:
Fort: +11 (Base, +1 Con, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck)
Reflex: +14 (Base, +2 Dex, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck, +2 Belt of Dex)
Will: +7/+11 vs. Fear (Base, +1 Blood of Pharaohs, +1 Luck, +1 Cloak, +2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 4/5

AC: 29 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1, Dodge, +Belt Dex +2) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +12/+7/+2 (+2 Lance, +2 Str, -4 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)
MIGHTY CHARGE -- Combat Maneuver

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+12 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi takes a single shot as she inspires courage on the party. She notices it takes a little less damage from her attack than it should (DR applied). Florence positions herself, and with Kosei safely inside, blasts the croc! (No SR required for a change) Zilchus (per OOC) 5’ steps, lunges, and connects twice with the giant misbehaving creature. He does less then he’d like (DR). Stelle stays where she is and stabs at the creature with her lance, hitting once, and critting. She also does less damage (DR) but she finishes it off! Kosei, or rather an enormous Allosaurus, is vomited up by the crocodile in its death throes.

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 vs DC 21 for half of 47

The giant crocodile falls under the weight of the party. However, as the party battles the Areshkagal blessed crocodile, a giant figure appears quietly, flying in front of the far doors. You see a magnificent but terrifying sphinx (image) crouching, ready to strike. Her muscled form and six leonine legs are covered in midnight-blue fur, and two blood-red feathered wings sprout from her shoulders. In hideous contrast to her otherwise perfect body, the sphinx’s face is a nearly featureless mask, with two gleaming red eyes and a slit of a maw containing rows of sharp black fangs. The spiky rune of Areshkagal glows in the center of the sphinx’s chest.

Knowledge Planes DC 27 (unusual):
You face a half-fiend divine guardian gynosphinx, CE Large outsider (air, chaotic, evil, native). One question for each five you beat the DC as usual.
- - -

She says quietly, ”How troublesome, I shall have to raise him again.” Louder she continues, ”Intruders, though I must thank you for removing the cult of the Forgotten Pharaoh, your time of ravaging this temple, and my pets, has come to an end.”

She lets out a mighty roar which shakes the sand loose around you as she casts Unholy Blight upon Kosei, Anubis, Stelle, and Zilchus.

If you’re good take damage: 5d8 ⇒ (2, 4, 4, 1, 6) = 17 and sickened (link) 1d4 rounds (roll individually if you fail). DC 21 Will save reduces damage to half and negates the sickened condition. If you’re neutral, take half or quarter damage and you cannot be sickened.

- Round 2 -
Nidhi - 11
Florence - 9
Zilchus - 5 (will save)
- Round 3 -
Stelle - 18 (will save)
Anubis - 18 (will save)
Kosei - 15 (-69hp, expunged, will save)
Mummified Crocodile - 14 (-142hp, dead…er again.)
Sphinx - 14

Next up, everyone!


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2, Initiative 11:

Nidhi continues to sing, inspiring her party. Then, amidst the chaos, Nidhi casts Mad Monkeys, summoning a swarm of screeching, mischievous monkeys. "Pry open that croc's maw!" She points to the giant undead creature. Nidhi throws her head back and laughs as the furry creatures add to the mayhem.

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Nidhi Spell Tally:

Perform 8/32 used
7 1st-level available
7 2nd-level available
4 3rd-level available, Good Hope (party),
4 4th-level available


Round 2, Init 5

1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 1 = 31 Will

Zilchus spins to face the new foe, his eyes drawn *not* to her face, but somewhat lower. He struggles to maintain eye contact for some reason.

”Look at the size of those...” Zilchus blurts out, before catching himself. ”...claws.”

Good save, Z. They will never know...but look at the size...

He moves around the foe, keeping his buckler at the ready. He quickly casts Bulls Strength and then takes total defense as he moves slightly closer.

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 98-11/98
AC: 30/26 (7 armor + 2 dex + 1 dodge, +4 buckler +2 ring + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 2 Armor + 5-2 Barkskin = 35/31 AC + Stelle. +4 TD

DF 2/10
Weap: 0/12 rounds used (+3 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6)
Quick Prayer: 2/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 1/12 minutes used
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi:
Sorry if I wasn't clear but Kosei is free. I ruled he was expunged by the crocodile's death throes. So no need to save him.

That said, as I type this, I think perhaps you know that, but Nidhi does not and is merely reacting to a lack of dolphins. Let me know if that's the case so I can react appropriately. :)

Thanks!
- - -


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone)
+2 Flank (Melee, Everyone, Round 1/9 (Blades ^&v)
+4 circumstance bonus to hit the Sphinxter (Everyone gets this)

GMEuan wrote:
Kosei, or rather an enormous Allosaurus, is vomited up by the crocodile in its death throes.

"Kosei!? What happened?! No offense, but I thought the smiling fish was more cute! Clearly more advanced than -- what is it that you are now anyway?"

Sphinx wrote:
"RAWR."

How DARE her, trying to mimic the color of my Banner. Why, it's not even close!

StelleWillDC21: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
AnubisWillDC21: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Stelle gags, sputters and coughs. Maybe I shouldn't have had that shot...

She addresses the Sphinxter. "The real question is -- can you raise yourself?"
Stelle has challenged the Sphinx.

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 24 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 24 - 2 + 2 = 31 -PA, Mounted Combat, +Courage, +Challenge, -Sickened, +Flank
for Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 6 + 24 + 36 + 9 ⇒ (6, 1, 2) + 6 + 6 + 24 + 36 + 9 = 90+PA, +Challenge


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Will DC 21: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Kosei suffers slightly under the spell, despite his lack of focus.

The allosaurus takes foot on the rocky floor and opens its mouth, a fireball erupting from his interior and blasting the newly arrived creature with a shriek of freedom!
Fireball: 10d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 4, 6, 3, 4, 4, 1, 5) = 40
Ref DC 19

K. planes: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Yeah, carry on with the summoning! (Same as above)


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 9

Kn. Planes (DC 27): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

"Ooh...wasn't expecting this! She's some sort of half-fiend divine guardian gynosphinx," Florence warns. "Watch out for her _____ attack!"

Special Attacks, please.

And since her cold magic seemed to work okay against the croc mummy, Florence decides to press her luck. She moves up closer to Nidhi and conjures up a snowball, heaving it right at the gynosphinx!

SR (Spell Pen.): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27

Snowball (Ranged Touch; Challenge(?), IC, Into Melee): 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 4 + 3 - 4 = 25
Damage (Cold): 5d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 5, 4) = 16

Spells & Powers Remaining:

6th - True Seeing
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment x 2
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic
2nd - Euphoric Cloud, Hold Person, Lipstitch
1st - Enlarge Person, Shadow Trap, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (1/3)

Fortune Hex Uses:
Healing Hex Uses:


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi fills the room with the sound of screeching as dozens of monkeys swarm the dead crocodile, prying open it’s mouth and peering inside. Eventually, they pull off its jaw, and Nidhi is satisfied nothing lies within the dead beast. (I’ve put a monkey on the map, and given you control over the icon Nidhi. Move it where you will.) Florence pierces her spell resistance, and connects with the snowball, but it does much less damage than she would like (resistance). Zilchus prepares himself further and carefully approaches the fiend. Stelle charges in, and while she doesn’t draw first blood, she’s the first to do real damage, and the gynosphinx takes notice. Kosei tries fire, but does he succeed? SR: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31. He does, and discovers she is also somewhat resistant to fire as well as cold! Kosei - you also have a question from your knowledge check if you wish.

Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 vs DC 19 vs 40 (-10 resistance)

Florence:
Special Attacks smite good 1/day (+7 attack and AC, +12 damage), pounce, rake (2 claws +19, 3d6+8/19-20)
- - -

NOTE: I failed, at some point during prep, to reduce her image from the 20’ square she was on the map to the correct 10’ square she should be. I have fixed that, and it shouldn’t effect your placement I suspect. It does effect my plans for her, but that’s on me, so she’ll suffer an AoO for my error. :)

While she roars her displeasure at Stelle’s attack (she's not too happy about the fireball either), but focuses her ire on Zilchus. She eyes him steadily for a brief moment (Supernatural Swift ability), and charges him from the air, pouncing on his frail frame even as Stelle gets an AoO with her lance due to reach as she goes by. She clearly means to end him here and now.

bite: 1d20 + 19 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 19 + 7 = 34 damage: 1d8 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 12 = 21
claw: 1d20 + 19 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 19 + 7 = 45 damage: 3d6 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (6, 1, 6) + 8 + 12 = 33
crit threat claw: 1d20 + 19 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 19 + 7 = 46 damage: 3d6 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (1, 1, 6) + 8 + 12 = 28

claw: 1d20 + 19 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 19 + 7 = 45 damage: 3d6 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (3, 1, 2) + 8 + 12 = 26
crit threat claw: 1d20 + 19 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 19 + 7 = 37 damage: 3d6 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) + 8 + 12 = 23

rake: 1d20 + 19 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 19 + 7 = 33 damage: 3d6 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) + 8 + 12 = 28
rake: 1d20 + 19 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 19 + 7 = 39 damage: 3d6 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) + 8 + 12 = 31

Bathed in Zilchus’ blood as she rends his body to bits out of sheer malice, she turns to the party, ”Who’s next? Little one, shall it be you?” she grins a bloody grin and seems to be preparing to attack Stelle next.

Oh, and if that weren't bad enough, you notice some of her own grievous injuries heal. Slightly.

- Round 3 -
Nidhi - 11
Florence - 9
Zilchus - 5 (-141hp, dead)
- Round 4 -
Stelle - 18 (-17hp, sickened rounds: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 - no longer sickened)
Anubis - 18 (-17hp, sickened rounds: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 - no longer sickened)
Kosei - 15 (-78hp)
Mummified Crocodile - 14 (-142hp, dead…er again. Missing jaw.)
Sphinx - 14 (-121hp)

Next up, everyone!


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 3, Initiative 9

As the gynosphinx turns her attention to Stelle & Anubis, Florence begins casting another spell...her expression eerily blank despite having just watched a friend be reduced to nothing more than a fine red mist and scraps of lifeless meat.

"No...no you won't hurt them too...I won't let you..." she mumbles as her spell completes. Beneath the dreamy tone of someone in shock, there's also an undercurrent of genuine malice...

SR (Spell Pen.): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23
______________

Florence attempts to cast Befuddled Combatant. If she makes it through the sphinx's SR, it's a DC 20 Will save to resist.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 14/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 6/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Claw improved critical?! That sucks! :(

Kosei-allosaurus roars in pain as Zilchus falls to the ground.

Suffering Stelle might be the next one, the dinosaur makes some strange movements while consuming some melded materials to cast stone skin. Koseis long tail reaches the improbable halfling knight making his skin as tough as stone.
DR 10/adamantine for up to 120 hp and 120 minutes

The enormous animal then retreats moving back.

HP: 47/111 AC 24 TAC 14

6,051 to 6,100 of 8,103 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.