GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


6,001 to 6,050 of 8,299 << first < prev | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | next > last >>

Zilchus stretches his arm out, looking at his own wounds and considers how to heal them as Kosei treats others.

He will draw his wand of CMW and hit the scrapes a few times.

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10 CMW
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 = 12 CMW

"Let's keep an eye out for that shadow jerk and see if we can't make it as dead as the rest."


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Sounds like a plan," Florence nods. "And oh, there's the third tile piece! But saving that for last might not be a bad idea. Let's go have a peek up the stairs and see what we see - hopefully the upper level isn't as huge as this level."

And, barring any strong objections otherwise, Florence proceeds back through the twisty hallways and makes her way to the stairs leading up.


Oops, got strangely ninja'd by the GM.

"Upstairs, you say? Sure...allow me to lead the way," Zilchus says, nodding at Florence. "Yeah, let's do this. Stelle? You coming?"

Zilchus will move up the stairs, keeping an eye out for danger.

1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 22 + 2 = 25 Perception


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Pausing from all the action, Anubis stops his tail rotation. "Whaaoah! Look Bynx! I'm like the Mighty Pegasus!" Anubis snuffles excitedly as he soars overhead bearing Stelle. He slowly starts to spin and drift in mid air like a giant lazy bumble bee.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Florence wrote:
"Let's go have a peek up the stairs and see what we see - hopefully the upper level isn't as huge as this level."

"We found the smithy! Maybe upstairs we'll find an armory with arrows!" Stelle exclaims, enjoying the slow motion aerial tea cup ride, courtesy of Florence and Anubis.

Zilchus wrote:
"Yeah, let's do this. Stelle? You coming?"

Stelle rolls her eyes, amused. "Right behind you," she reassures. She taps the dog on the sides with her heels, and he uses his tail to stablize once again to head for the stairway.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

You climb the stairs which lead to a long hallway ending in a simple, but heavy, door. You check, then open the door to reveal a small featureless room, possibly a guard post, but currently empty.

You open that door to a vast, echoing chamber which forms the head of the Sightless Sphinx. Windows of transparent red crystal located where the Sphinx’s eyes would be flood the room with crimson light. Six stone pillars stretch from floor to ceiling, covered in countless tiny hieroglyphs. Double doors fashioned in the shape of a perching falcon, its wings curving down to form each half of the door, gleam in gold against the western wall.

You also see what can only have been the Forgotten Pharaoh’s pet! An enormous Emperor Scorpion (image) paces the chamber, and turns to charge when it senses the door open!

- Round 1 -
Kosei - 18
Stelle - 15
Nidhi - 12
Zilchus - 10
Florence - 7
Emperor Scorpion - 3

Initiative Rolls:

Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Kosei 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Emperor Scorpion 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

First up - Everyone.


Round 1, Init 10

"Oh wow...that's big and ugly."

Unable to engage the creature immediately, Zilchus double moves to the clearest column so he might take the creature from flank next round.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

To be clear, yes the creature is 20' tall from forward pincers to upright tail, ready to strike.

The ceilings here are only 25' tall however, so it's a really tight fit for the poor scorpion.


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 4/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

Kosei shows his face through the door and mumbles "A large scorpion" before casting call lighting.
Call lighting damage: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 4, 6, 2) = 15
Ref DC 21


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 1:

Nidhi takes a five foot step, begins to sing, and casts Good Hope on the party. If 12 minutes have not passed since the last combat, Nidhi will move into the room instead of re-casting Good Hope - 3 squares from the door.

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls

Nidhi Spell Tally:

Perform 5/32 used
7 1st-level available
7 2nd-level available
4 3rd-level available, Good Hope (party), Good Hope (party),
4 4th-level available


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, I figure it's been 10 minutes, tops, since the last fight. Good Hope is still going, so I've moved you into the room.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 7

"You don't say," Florence remarks sarcastically as Kosei states the obvious. She hustles into the room after the others and casts a spell to try and blind the enormous creature, hoping to buy them some time while she tries to remember if it has any weaknesses.

Kn. Nature: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36

Not sure how many questions that might be but we'll go: Special Attacks, Special Defenses, Weaknesses, Resistances, Immunities, in that order.

Spells & Powers Remaining:

6th - Cone of Cold, True Seeing
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment x 2
4th - Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Death Ward
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic
2nd - Euphoric Cloud, Hold Person, Lipstitch
1st - Enlarge Person, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (1/3)

Fortune Hex Uses:
Healing Hex Uses:


______________

Time for some Glitterdust! DC 17 Will save.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Delay until after Florence.

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge (Everyone)

Round 1, Round 6

Stelle moves into the room. Moved on map.

Stelle grants the following to her companions:

Standard (Order, Dragon):
Zilchus -- move up to your speed as an immediate action once
Kosei -- move up to your speed as an immediate action once
Anubis -- move up to your speed as an immediate action once
Florence -- +2 dodge bonus to AC for 1 round
Nidhi -- +2 morale bonus on all attack rolls for 1 round

Stelle levels her lance at the Giant Scorpion. "Hopscotch!" Swift, Challenge.

Everyone, +4 on melee attack rolls against the Scorpion!
+12 damage (Stelle)

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 76/77
Annie: Hits: 75/76 (4.5 x HD +Con)
Stelle AC: 29
Anubis AC: 30
Buffs:

Saves:
Fort: +11 (Base, +1 Con, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck)
Reflex: +14 (Base, +2 Dex, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck, +2 Belt of Dex)
Will: +7/+11 vs. Fear (Base, +1 Blood of Pharaohs, +1 Luck, +1 Cloak, +2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 4/5

AC: 29 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1, Dodge, +Belt Dex +2) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +12/+7/+2 (+2 Lance, +2 Str, -4 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)
MIGHTY CHARGE -- Combat Maneuver

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+12 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei summons lighting from the, er, sky as a bolt strikes from the roof upon the poor misunderstood beast. Stelle moves to confront the creature and defend those behind her - even as she gives them an edge in battle. Nidhi begins to inspire as she moves into position to shoot. Zilchus slips behind a pillar, hoping to sneak up on the emperor. Florence tries a simple blinding to slow its advance - and attacks - as she covers it in glitter.

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 vs DC 21 for half of 15
Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 vs DC 17 or blinded

Florence:
Special Attacks include building an ambush pit (though it can’t here), constrict (2d6+11), poison (Sting—injury; save Fort DC 22; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d4 Str and 1d4 Dex; cure 1 save.), and the ability to pounce. As for defensive abilities it does have ferocity (fights in negative hp) and it is immune to mind-affecting effects. You’re not sure about weaknesses - it’s basically a small tank. Er, but not so small.
- - -

Everyone has the bonuses that Stelle gave you. Some are immediate actions, so you could have taken the prior to my next action - so things may get a little muddled here. Just let me know what you intend, and I’ll make it work. :)

Electrocuted and blinded, the scared scorpion screeches as it trundles forward feeling for a target. It must have some extra-sense, as it seems to find… Stelle, Zilchus: 1d2 ⇒ 2 Zilchus, and attacks!

Claw on Zilchus: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36 Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 1) + 11 = 13 Grab: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (10) + 30 = 40 Blind (low is bad for me): 1d100 ⇒ 19
Claw on Zilchus: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21 Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 3) + 11 = 19 Grab: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (12) + 30 = 42 Blind (low is bad for me): 1d100 ⇒ 63
Stinger on Zilchus: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33 Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 6) + 11 = 18 plus Poison Fort DC 22 or Str damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 and Dex damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Blind (low is bad for me): 1d100 ⇒ 26

Unable to find much purchase as she scrabbles about the pillar, taking chunks out of the stone as she lashes out blindly in the direction of Zilchus. At the end of her round, she tries to clear her eyes...
Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 vs DC 17 or blinded (sigh...)

- Round 2 -
Kosei - 18
Stelle - 15
Nidhi - 12
Zilchus - 10
Florence - 7
Emperor Scorpion - 3 (-7hp, glittery, blind)

Next up - Everyone. As the creature is very large, and the graphic not quite clear, I’ve drawn a green box around where the creature sits for clarity.


Round 2, Init 10

Zilchus opts not to move as he doesn't want to provoke any attacks. He does 5' step and lunge at the foe.

1d20 + 18 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 4 + 3 = 37 to hit; (+Stelle, +bard, +DF)
2d4 + 21 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 21 + 2 + 3 = 30 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

1d20 + 11 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 4 + 3 = 35 to hit; (+Stelle, +bard, +DF)
2d4 + 21 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 21 + 2 + 3 = 31 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

Pot crit:
1d20 + 11 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 4 + 3 = 26 to hit; (+Stelle, +bard, +DF)
2d4 + 21 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 21 + 2 + 3 = 33 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+3+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+3[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard, +DF)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+3[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 98/98
AC: 30/26 (7 armor + 2 dex + 1 dodge, +4 buckler +2 ring + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 2 Armor + 5-2 Barkskin = 35/31 AC - 2 lunge

DF 0/10
Weap: 0/12 rounds used (+3 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6)
Quick Prayer: 1/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 1/12 minutes used
Crocodilic Channel: 0/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not use


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 2, Initiative 7

"Watch out for the stinger," Florence calls out a bit late as the scorpion attempts to tag Zilchus in its mad scrambling. "Oh and those claws, it'll grab you up and start squeezing if it can!"

She decides to try and circle around, hoping to get into range to try and blast the scorpion with ice. As she does, she also gives Stelle a little bit of good fortune - just in case.
______________

Florence will move and hit Stelle with her Fortune hex!


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Anubis uses his immediate reaction to back away from the Scorpion.

Round 2, Init 6

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone)
+4 circumstance bonus on attack rolls made on the Scorpion (Everyone)

Spirited Charge: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 4 + 5 = 39+Inspire,+Banner,+Challenge,-PA,+Challenge,+Charge
for Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 6 + 9 + 6 + 36 + 24 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) + 6 + 6 + 9 + 6 + 36 + 24 = 100 +Inspire,+Hope,+Challenge,+PA

SunderStinger?: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 4 + 5 = 35+Inspire,+Banner,+Challenge,-PA,+Challenge,+Charge
for Damage: 3d6 + 6 + 6 + 9 + 6 + 36 + 24 ⇒ (5, 3, 5) + 6 + 6 + 9 + 6 + 36 + 24 = 100

Fortune: Sunder: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 5 = 24 +Inspire,+Banner,+Challenge,-PA,+Charge


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Round 2:

Nidhi takes a 5 foot step (see map) and fires four arrows at the gigantic creature. She continues to sing as she fries off the arrows.

To hit (Manyshot): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Damage (Silver Blanch Arrows): 2d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 8 + (4) = 23

To hit (Rapidshot): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Damage (Silver Blanch Arrow): 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (4) = 14

To hit (Iterative): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Damage (Silver Blanch Arrow): 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (1) = 10

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls

Stats on Damage:

Manyshot
To hit (Bard 12th level +9, Dex +3, Belt +3 (SELLING LATER), Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +2, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks))
Damage (Str +2, Masterwork Weapon +2, Magical Bonus +2, Point-Blank Shot +2 (30ft)), +6 Inspire Courage, +2 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks), +4 Good Hope), Critical x3, Range 100ft, Piercing, 1 ½ lbs (Darkwood)
Rapidshot
To hit (Bard 12th level +9, Dex +3, Belt +3 (SELLING LATER), Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +2, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks)) )
Damage (Str +1, Masterwork Weapon +1, Magical Bonus +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft)), +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks), +2 Good Hope), Critical x3, Range 100ft, Piercing, 1 ½ lbs (Darkwood)
Iterative
To hit (Bard 12th level +4, Dex +3, Belt +3 (SELLING LATER), Point-Blank Shot +1, Masterwork Weapon/Magical Bonus (doesn’t stack) +2, -2 Rapid Shot, +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks))
Damage (Str +1, Masterwork Weapon +1, Magical Bonus +1, Point-Blank Shot +1 (30ft)), +3 Inspire Courage, +1 to hit/damage (ghost enchantment, stacks), +2 Good Hope), Critical x3, Range 100ft, Piercing, 1 ½ lbs (Darkwood)

Nidhi Spell Tally:

Perform 6/32 used
7 1st-level available
7 2nd-level available
4 3rd-level available, Good Hope (party),
4 4th-level available


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei DMPC lights up the scorpion with another bolt of lightning from above! Nidhi fires off a volley, hitting once. Zilchus slips a little way around the column and stabs at the giant, hitting, and even (just barely!) critting the beast, gouging it deeply! Florence boosts Stelle’s next move as she circles around. Stelle, almost faster than the eye, backs up and charges the misunderstood scorpion, slamming into it with a mighty fury! While she cannot sunder natural weapons, she does spear it through it’s eye as she drops the fell beast before it regained it’s sight. No AoO from Stelle’s movement as I’m blind.

Lightning stroke: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 3, 1) = 12
Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Alas, the poor Emperor Scorpion cannot take the unified might of the party and falls, nevermore to clatter these halls. It’s life essences look purple in the odd red light from the eyes of the Sphinx.

- Round 3 -
Kosei - 18
Nidhi - 12
Zilchus - 10
Florence - 7
Stelle - 6
Emperor Scorpion - 3 (-221hp, glittery, blind)

We are out of initiative.


Zilchus shrugs off some of the scorpion guts that sprayed upon him after Stelle's crashing lance thrust, his ears ringing.

Damn! That look like it hurt! Zilchus shrugs away ick and gore, a second victim of the mighty charge.

"Wow, Stelle...you might as well keep it on your lance. We'll build a fire and use it for the spit. There are cultures that prize roast scorpion. We should try it tonight after our victory feast."


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Yeah, remind me to never get on your bad side," Florence agrees, looking more than a little awed at what just occurred. "And roast scorpion? Sure, why not? Just be sure to get the poison gland out and I'm sure it'll be delicious."

With no other apparent foes lurking around, Florence turns her attention to looking about the large room for any magical auras or anything else of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Looks like there's nowhere else to go from here, so that just leaves that room with the tiles. I think we should go ahead and see if we can get it open now, if everyone's up for it."


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle looks at her scoripion meat encrusted lance and turns beet red. She shakes bits of flesh, blood and shattered chitin off of her shield. Retrieving a silk hanky from her sleeve, she gently wipes clean the top of Anubis' head.

"Oh, I uh... I guess I thought it was bigger... You guys did not do shabbily either."

Stelle looks around the room, and looks out of the eyes of the Sphynx, and around the room. Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (13) + 22 = 35

Florence wrote:
"Looks like there's nowhere else to go from here, so that just leaves that room with the tiles. I think we should go ahead and see if we can get it open now, if everyone's up for it."

"Well, there are these big gold doors," Stelle says, pointing to the North, opposite the door from which they entered.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The golden doors are checked (thin gold leaf, worth at most 100gp if you spent several hours painstakingly peeling it off), searched (no traps), and eventually opened to reveal a bedroom - the quarters of the high priest whom you killed earlier.

A raised, oval platform beneath a canopy of delicate golden feathers stands in the center of the room. Silk pillows and linen sheets lie in a crumpled heap upon the platform, and four silver orbs float at each corner of the bed (a dancing lights variant), filling the room with soft light. The ceiling is painted with vivid murals of fearsome, blank-faced, six-legged sphinxes striding through the desert, crushing giant scorpions, devouring humanoids, and rutting with a staggering variety of creatures both mortal and demonic. A half-completed painting on the far wall depicts a winged pyramid flying over a city.

There is a further heavy stone door at the top of the map (not sure what direction it is, might actually be north, but I’m not taking chances). It does not seem to have any easy way to open, but you should be able to push the stone aside with enough strength. (Strength check to open the door please.)


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Flying pyramids? Haven't we heard of something like that before?" Florence remarks as they inspect the opulent bedroom. "And huh, guess there's more to this top level than I thought. Um, may as well keep poking around up here then - the tile room can wait."

She waits expectantly for someone stronger than herself to try and get the doors open - like Stelle or Zilchus - but doesn't mind helping if there's enough room to do so.

Str: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"So...heavy....!"


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"No, I am definitely unfamiliar with flying pyramids. Though, isn't something like that the goal of the Forgotten Pharaoh?"

Str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 LOL!

"Anubis! Push!"


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Erm?

Anubis lowers his head, charges the door and shoves it with his shoulder.

Perform
Str: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 ...

He backs up and does it again.

Str: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

... and again.

Str: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


HP: 44/44 l AC: 21, T 14, FF 19 l CMD 13 (17 vs. trip) l F +3, Ref +6, W +10, Spell Resistance 19 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Bynx peeps out of his carrier, watching the proceedings against the heavy stone doors with some bemusement.

"Maow?"

Why do you let her make you do all the work? Isn't it enough that you carry her around and into battle?


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Anubis pushes open the door to reveal a death chamber.

A magnificent wooden sarcophagus lies atop a stone bier in this room. The coffin’s lid is carved in the image of a human man in repose, stone carving tools clutched in his hands. A inlaid cartouche containing hieroglyphs of an owl inside a house is inscribed in carnelian and lapis lazuli on the figure’s brow. If you remember, that hieroglyph was Chisiek’s - the architect who designed, among other things, the Forgotten Pharaohs tomb.


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15
Bynx wrote:
"Maow?"

Anubis wags his tail joyfully. 'Work'? What's that?!


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Oh! This might be what we're looking for," Florence says as she recognizes the hieroglyph on the sarcophagus. She stands at the door, peering inside and scanning at the area for magical auras before daring to proceed inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

There is a substantial magical aura from inside the sarcophagus, but otherwise the room is quiet and dark - physically and magically.


Zilchus picks some nits as others struggle, and then succeed, in opening the door.

"Oh poop. I could have gotten that. Sorry," Zilchus seems to come out of his reverie to look around the sarcophagus.

1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 22 + 2 = 36 Perception

When others are ready and if it looks safe, Zilchus will try to open the totally safe sarcophagus.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Just one second, Zilchus," Stelle says, invoking her sleeves to make her phoenix outfit match the carnelian and lapis of Chisiek's cartouche.

"... out of respect?" She gestures for Zilchus to continue opening the sarcophagus.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Ooh, it's awfully dark in there...hey, Kosei! Um, you wouldn't happen to be able to conjure some more light would you?" Florence asks, unsure of just how strong the magical darkness permeating the room is. She does conjure four softly glowing green lights and tries sending them into the room, to see if that will suffice in lighting it up a bit.
______________

Dancing Lights~


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The dancing lights do the trick, though Kosei reminds you he has the daylight stone in his pocket in case the shadow comes back.

Zilchus carefully opens the sarcophagus. Inside you see the dead body of Chisisek, carefully mummified and preserved against the ages. Some of the wrapping has fallen and rotted away, leaving his mouth exposed which grins happily back at you. Remember Tetisurah the sphinx is very interested in getting Chisisek’s body back to his tomb. As ancient as it is, moving it without the sarcophagus will be nearly impossible.

Nestled in with him however, and glowing for those with detect magic going, is a small wooden box, 12” x 6” x 6” whose surface is emblazoned with Ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs. Identifying the magics upon the box reveal it to be a Dune Boat, which is just a slightly larger and more powerful variant of the Folding Boat.

It isn’t quite clear from the description, but it moves as easily over water as it does over sand. You will need someone with some Profession, sailor skills to maneuver the ship, though you could just row the smaller boat I suppose… Figure the DCs will be in the 10-15 range for the most part I should think so just a few points should do.

Full sized, the ship looks a little like this (image).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Unable to help herself, Florence smiles widely once they determine just what the little wooden box actually is. "It's a boat to sail the sands! Like something out of one of Nidhi's stories! This'll make it so much easier to return Chisisek's body to where it needs to be," she gushes, actually sounding quite excited about the prospect of sailing around the desert on a boat.

"I guess, it's um, good luck on our part, since we can't ride around in the chariot anymore since Ben left..." Florence continues, her smile faltering slightly. She'd not even thought about how they were going to keep getting around out in the desert without Ben's help and now that she is, she actually feels a little sick.

He just left us out here with no good way to get back! Who...who does that!?

"Um, but anyway, we've got this boat now and that'll do the trick nicely," Florence hurriedly adds. "I don't suppose anyone knows anything about sailing...do they?"


Zilchus looks at Nidhi, who had been really quiet recently. Nidhi, are there? Still engaged? Playing?

He bends over to get a closer look at the box that Florence says is a boat. A sand boat. "I've never sailed. You really don't sail on the rivers around here. It's mostly rowing."

"Well, I guess that might get us home, and might make up for Ben's cowardice," Zilchus grunts, still bitter and hurt about the man's leaving.

He looks over Chisisek's body, trying to decide what to do with it. He looks around for anything that might be useful to their quest.

"Are we missing anything? I hoped for more than a body." Zilchus will search Chisisek's body.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus disturbs Chisisiek's body as he searches, and bits of the mummification fall away as Chisisiek grins back at him. However, for all his effort, Zilchus finds nothing.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"There's still wherever that tile room leads," Florence reminds them. "Since we've been everywhere else in here, that I know of, we should check it out too and make sure we're not missing anything. No sign of that bee larvae or any real good leads on Hakotep yet but at least we've found Chisisek's body and gotten rid of some of these cultists so we don't have to kill them later."

Though nowhere near as knowledgeable about Osirion's history as some of the others, Florence does try to make sure that they're not missing anything vital from the hieroglyphs on the sarcophagus or anywhere else on the upper level. She silently thanks her lucky stars that she had Ben give her a few language lessons before he left, too.

Kn. History: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28

If her investigation of the hieroglyphs doesn't yield any other clues, Florence nods and beckons to the others. "Nope, not a thing. Come on, back downstairs - let's see what those tiles open up. We can worry about how to get the sarcophagus out of here a bit later!"
______________

If there's nothing new to be learned up top and barring any objections, Florence takes the tiles and returns back to the tile room.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle recoils slightly, repulsed when Zilchus starts searching the mummified remains of Chisisek.

Florence wrote:
"It's a boat [ ... ]!"

Stelle gets further more uncomfortable as her companions remember Ben. I wish I had gotten to know him better...

Florence wrote:
"I don't suppose anyone knows anything about sailing...do they?"
Zilchus wrote:
"I've never sailed. You really don't sail on the rivers around here. It's mostly rowing."

"Hired!" Stelle interjects, suddenly. "You clearly know the most about sailing than any of us! So, you're the sailor unless -- " She looks to Nidhi and Kosei. "Do either of you know how to sail?"

~~~

Florence wrote:
"There's still wherever that tile room leads,"

Stelle nods, concurring.

Florence wrote:
" No sign of that bee larvae or any real good leads on Hakotep yet ..."

Actually, we did find the larvae! (link) I assumed we are carrying it?

"Yes, let's check on the Lady Sophronia -- to make sure the cultists are really finished, and if so -- deal with the tiles!"


”Right. The tiles!” Zilchus seems to agree with Florence, but is also open to swinging by Lady Sophronia. He carefully packs up the body of the architect and will leave the body with the Lady.

”Say, isn’t there a demon or two around here still? We should be careful, I think.”

Dropping off the body to Lady S, then to the tile room. And then maybe the electricity room too.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

You pass through the mud/tile-room as you head back to the ghostly paladin for a quick check in.

Lady Sophronia greets you as you arrive. ”Need to rest again so soon? Those cultists must have toughened over the ages.” She smiles brightly and adds, ”Rest here, I’ll guard you until you’re ready. Oh, who’s coffin?” she adds as she sees you drag/carry the heavy wooden sarcophagus of Chisisek. She does a quick head-count and finds you all still breathing.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14
Florence Corvina wrote:
"It's a boat to sail the sands! Like something out of one of Nidhi's stories! This'll make it so much easier to return Chisisek's body to where it needs to be," she gushes, actually sounding quite excited about the prospect of sailing around the desert on a boat.

A slow smile grows on Nidhi’s lips at the remembrance. She laughs and her various lapis lazuli and golden bracelets tinkle with the movement. “You remember my stories, Flo?” Nidhi casts an affectionate look over at Florence before doing a walk around the boat. Her expression turns serious again: “maybe we can load the sarcophagus on to one of the boats? Or can it safely be dragged?”

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
She looks to Nidhi and Kosei. "Do either of you know how to sail?"

Nidhi shakes her head. “But I’m willing to try. How hard can it be?”

GM Euan as Lady Sophronia wrote:
“Oh, who’s coffin?”

Nidhi straightens from helping to drag the vessel. “An artist! Renowned for his architecture and keen eye, his body was man-handled by the cultists so we came here to bring to a place where it can be properly protected. The dead deserve respect,” Nidhi touches the onyx and silver holy symbol of Pharasma hanging around her neck. She feels a burst of pride to be assuring the corpse makes it safely to the sphinx.

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
Actually, we did find the larvae! (link) I assumed we are carrying it?

Ahh, thank you for pointing that out. Nidhi will snap carry the larvae/keep a watchful eye until it’s returned

As the party settles down to rest, Nidhi strokes the large, heavy, embossed wooden chest with the upmost care. She carefully unlocks the hatch and peers inside to see if anything has changed. “I can’t wait to tell Grandmother.” Nidhi licks her lips, “I wonder how old they are before they start producing honey!”

“After we rest, do you want me to try my hand at those electrical traps? …Or are they not traps?” The bard tilts her head, unsure. She wasn’t used to that level of technology or power surging forth from the stone. It was something ancient and forgotten – not something to be found while walking the streets of Wati. The party needs to place the three stone right?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi brings up a good point. Normally, the party can pass well enough on the 'boat' size of the Dune Boat which holds six. There's five of you plus Anubis (Bynx doesn't need a whole seat) so you're covered. However, with the sarcophagus, and all the other gear you've found here, some of which is bulky, you're going to need the larger 'ship' version. Rowing that with just the five of you will be tough, so you will need to hoist the sail and make those Profession sailor checks if you use the ship.

The electric wall is not a trap you can disarm unfortunately. It's a part of the sphinx. It may be possible to dispel it, or destroy it somehow, but you're not sure how. Good question though.

You have three tiles:
Ceramic tile depicting a roaring sphinx
Ceramic tile painted with the image of a coiled snake
Ceremic tile with the image of an armored warrior

When you first came to the chamber, you noticed...

GM Euan wrote:
Tiny hieroglyphs decorate each carving. Each of the carvings on the east wall displays the same hieroglyphs - prayers to the demon lord Areshkagal - but Stelle and Zilchus both notice that one small hieroglyph is different on each carving. The left carving displays the hieroglyph for “four,” the center carving the hieroglyph for “two,” and the right carving has no hieroglyph at all in that space.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Huh...'four', 'two' and...nothing? I'm sure they're clues about which tile to place where but how do numbers relate to the images?" Florence muses, gaze shifting from the tiles to the hieroglyphs and back again...
______________

Pretty sure I remember the answer to this from when my home group played so I'd like to hold off for a bit to let someone else try to answer it first~


Zilchus scratches the back of his neck, then under his armor, then...uh...the 'below' section of his armor because things itch and sometimes Zilchus needs to scratch when he thinks.

"Wait, what? There is an order? 4, 2, 1, huh? Well..." Zilchus itches again at all three areas, taking a second to sniff his fingers for no reason at all...but just to be sure.

"It's the number of legs, right? 4 for sphinx, 2 for man, 1 for snek," Zilchus ponders, then waits to see if others might agree.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

The bard's eyes light up, "oh! Is it a puzzle?" Nidhi reaches for her thick braid and rubs the braided strands between her index and forefinger. "Does it have something to do with travel? Four for the paws of the roaring sphinx, one for the coiled snake, and two for the warrior's legs?" She looks around at her companions and flashes a bardic smile. "Here, I'll place them." Nidhi moves to insert the ceramic tiles unless someone tries to stop her.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Hah! That does make sense, doesn't it?" Florence laughs, looking a little sheepish. "Puzzles and riddles usually aren't a strong suit of mine so I'm glad you two have a head for them. Yes, go ahead and place them and we'll see what happens!"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, there's a deep trough of mud between you and the panels where the tiles are to be placed. You'll probably have to wade at least waist deep in the stuff to get there. Do you proceed?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi examines the wet dirt. I really don't want to get Grandmother's clothes muddy. Traveling back to Wati covered in mud wouldn't be comfortable and the mud would add extra weight to her body.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Nidhi strips off her traveling cloak, then pauses. An idea had come to mind. "Zilchus, you're strong. The strongest person I know. You should go." Her lips curl upwards in a small smile, "wouldn't the mud feel good on your many muscles?" An image of Zilchus' rippling muscles, covered in mud, pops into Nidhi's mind. A mud-caked hand moves over his pectoral region to side down to a muscled stomach. Even though Zilchus and her clashed on multiple occasions, it wasn't a bad vision.

Zilchus wasn't a woman. No soft hills to press her face into, but his muscles were hard to ignore. And he hasn't spat his prejudices about Pharasma's followers in a while. And he had shared his umbrella with her. He was an oaf but not a bad person.

Her objective changes. "Actually... Zilchus, you should probably take off all that armor. Strip down to your loin cloth," she orders. "You don't want to get it muddy, do you?" She moves to stand next to Zilchus and smiles, pointing to the mud pit eagerly. She doesn't touch him, but stands close enough that he could hand her things. "I can hold your stuff if you want."

6,001 to 6,050 of 8,299 << first < prev | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.