GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


6,201 to 6,250 of 8,070 << first < prev | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi likes Stelle's suggestion. "I think we've bothered the dead enough. It's time Chisiek returns to his eternal slumber, permanently." Her words sound confident. Nidhi glances over to their ship, and her voice softens: "I miss Grandmother. I miss home. This desert is hot... I think, we should return to the city - after returning the body." Nidhi never removed her various gold and lapis lazuli bracelets or her onyx and silver holy symbol of Pharasma or her ring of the sublime, which were hot from baking under the desert sun. Paired with her mask, she was adorned with quite a bit of shiny metal, not conducive to traveling in the desert.

To hint that the conversation is over and the party now has a plan, Nidhi unstraps her Masterwork Composite Darkwood Longbow and places it onto the storage area of the boat. She's eager to try out the swarmbow, therefore leaves her old bow to be sold, put into storage, or used by another party member. "Flo, if you're driving this thing, I want to be your First Mate! That's like the Captain's second-in-command in nautical terms, right?"

Is there a shop where Nidhi could spend 1,000gp with the bees to fix the swarmbow so she can use it? Or does Nidhi need to wait until the party gets back to Tephu or Wati?


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 13/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"Ah, the Chisiek really needs to rest my friends, buried under the sands of the desert once more where all begun" Kosei looks back at Zizzira "But maybe is better for him to be kept ready for more questions in case we found something strange in our little new adventure. We can always come back once the Snake Hakotep is destroyed"

"Yes, let's head back to Wati my friend Florence, that is a great idea, it is indeed"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi, no one here can ensorcel your bow unfortunately. You’ll have to wait until you get to Wati and Abdur can arrange it.

You make your farewells to the thriae. The buzz and fuss, and send you off with supplies, including pots and pots of normal honey for your future journeys. You depart over the waves of sand in the early afternoon wind, backtracking a bit to Chisisek’s tomb.

You’ll reach his burial valley early the following day, Oathday, Erastus 23, 4714, around 10am. You would have made it even earlier, but missed the hidden entrance and had to double back a bit. You must beach your ship in a sandy depression just outside the valley as the entrance is too narrow. I’m sure no one will find it and steal it - you’re pretty deep in the desert and the ship is fairly well hidden.

You drag the sarcophagus behind you in the sand. As you enter the valley (sweating heavily without the protection of endure elements) you see Tetisurah, the good gynosphinx. She exits her shrine attached to the small pyramid that is Chisisek’s tomb and comes into the hot sun to greet you. ”Welcome travelers! I trust your journey was successful? But you are missing your companion, Benedictus. Surely he did not fall?” she asks worriedly.


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Since there isn't a merchant in the desert, Nidhi will keep her weapons/stats as is until the party reaches a major city.

Since Florence is driving the boat, Nidhi takes it upon herself to lord over the pots and pots of normal honey, counting each jar, and licking her lips. She "samples" one of the normal jars, removing a sixth of it's contents onto pita bread. Before docking, Nidhi adjusts her mask before helping drag the sarcophagus toward the small pyramid.

GM Euan wrote:
”Welcome travelers! I trust your journey was successful? But you are missing your companion, Benedictus. Surely he did not fall?” she asks worriedly.

Nidhi glances over at Florence. "Ben had some urgent business to attend to, but to our knowledge he's doing fine." Nidhi smiles, "our mission was more than successful." She motions to the sarcophagus. "Err, why did the cultists try to steal Chisisek’s corpse again?"


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47
Nidhi wrote:
"Flo, if you're driving this thing, I want to be your First Mate! That's like the Captain's second-in-command in nautical terms, right?"

"Oh! Um, sure - it actually wouldn't be a bad idea for someone else to learn a little about piloting this thing anyway," Florence nods, beckoning Nidhi to join her up at the helm. "So first, you..."

______________

Florence can't help but sigh slightly when Tetisurah inquires about Ben's whereabouts upon their return to Chisisek's tomb.

We're going to have to explain this to everyone we've ever worked with, aren't we?

"Yes, he had to see a man about a horse," Florence agrees with Nidhi, forcing a smile. "But anyway, we were successful - here's Chisisek's body and sarcophagus, ready to go back where they belong!"


Zilchus unconsciously steps back from Tetisurah, his eyes going down and opening wide at the sight of the sphinx chest coming at him. He catches himself quickly, wondering why he would be afraid of that. He shouldn't be. But he might be having some issues there.

Zilchus looks as both Nidhi and Flo lie to cover for Ben. Zilchus is in no mood to lie for the man.

"No, Ben, fled like the coward that he was in his heart. Afraid of living and afraid of dying. Afraid of women, afraid of the feelings he held in his heart. Afraid of everything. No, Ben lives still...and probably in his own private hell," Zilchus repies, still angry at Ben's betrayal. Zilchus spits on the ground.

"Let's talk about happier things, Tetisurah," Zilchus' eyes flick down to the sphinx' chest, but then quickly again to her eyes. "How have you been?"


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 13/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei advances himself and kneels taking the priestess hand to kiss it "Oh, beautiful Tetisurah, my friends talked about your astonishing knowledge and kind heart as we approached, but they said nothing about your overwhelming beauty. Allow me to say you are just heart taking me. This Benedictus you tell was a strong man, but at the end he was most interested on his studies as it seems... good thing I found my friends in the desert at the dire time. My wits are a poor replacement of the man's deeds, but I hope to compensate it with the fire of my heart and the strength of the desert traditions..." the man keeps talking until he is interrupted by the more focused explanations of the group.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Zilchus wrote:
"No, Ben, fled like the coward that he was in his heart. Afraid of living and afraid of dying. Afraid of women, afraid of the feelings he held in his heart. Afraid of everything. No, Ben lives still...and probably in his own private hell," Zilchus repies, still angry at Ben's betrayal. Zilchus spits on the ground.

Stelle rolls her eyes. Such drama!

Kosei wrote:
"Oh, beautiful Tetisurah, my friends talked about your astonishing knowledge and kind heart as we approached, but they said nothing about your overwhelming beauty. Allow me to say you are just heart taking me. This Benedictus you tell was a strong man, but at the end he was most interested on his studies as it seems...

Stelle catches herself staring agape at Kosei. Just WHAT is in that Royal Jelly?!

She clears her throat loudly having Anubis step forward and bow. "Not to project here or anything... As Nidhi and Florence have said: Ben left us to safety in good health. We have come, bearing the body of Lord Chisisek so that we my return him to his rightful resting place."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"Err, why did the cultists try to steal Chisisek’s corpse again?"

Near as the party can figure, they too were looking for Hakotep’s tomb so they could perform a ritual and raise him from the dead to rule of Osirion once more. They were unsuccessful and have been destroyed as a group by the party. There may be agents still alive out there somewhere, but there is no one in charge anymore.

"Florence Corvina” wrote:
”But anyway, we were successful - here's Chisisek's body and sarcophagus, ready to go back where they belong!"

”Oh that is wonderful - I had hoped you would be successful! I am so pleased.” she smiles warmly at the party, happy for your help.

Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:

"No, Ben, fled like the coward that he was in his heart. Afraid of living and afraid of dying. Afraid of women, afraid of the feelings he held in his heart. Afraid of everything. No, Ben lives still...and probably in his own private hell," Zilchus repies, still angry at Ben's betrayal. Zilchus spits on the ground.

"Let's talk about happier things, Tetisurah," Zilchus' eyes flick down to the sphinx' chest, but then quickly again to her eyes. "How have you been?"

Tetisurah is surprised by the depth of Zilchus’ feeling, but her smile quickly returns, ”I have been well, thank you. I have spent the time of your absence making the valley and tomb ready for Chisisek’s return.” You look about the valley and realize that in many ways, it’s been sculpted. The dead bodies that littered the valley have of course been cleared away, but the sand has been raked - or blown - into a variety of swirling patterns. Until now, she must have been flying everywhere, for no footprints are to be found anywhere in the valley save your own, and now hers. However, even your footprints seem to be a part of the sand sculptures.

Kosei Sharif-El-Sadad wrote:
Kosei advances himself and kneels taking the priestess hand to kiss it "Oh, beautiful Tetisurah, my friends talked about your astonishing knowledge and kind heart as we approached, but they said nothing about your overwhelming beauty. Allow me to say you are just heart taking me. This Benedictus you tell was a strong man, but at the end he was most interested on his studies as it seems... good thing I found my friends in the desert at the dire time. My wits are a poor replacement of the man's deeds, but I hope to compensate it with the fire of my heart and the strength of the desert traditions..." the man keeps talking until he is interrupted by the more focused explanations of the group.

She eventually laughs at the kind man, almost mid sentance, ”Oh, you are a charmer aren’t you. Well met good sir. You have said much, but you have not yet shared your name. How shall I call you my suitor?” She grins conspiratorially back at the prince.

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
She clears her throat loudly having Anubis step forward and bow. "Not to project here or anything... As Nidhi and Florence have said: Ben left us to safety in good health. We have come, bearing the body of Lord Chisisek so that we my return him to his rightful resting place."

She catches herself, ”Quite right - to business! If I may, I shall inter Chisisek immediately, and we shall rest in the shade of the temple a few hours at least. I can prepare something of a feast for you this evening if you like, and you can continue your journey by the cool light of the moon, or in the morning - as is your wish.”

Tetisurah flies over to the weighty sarcophagus, and grasps it firmly, yet gently, by her enormous claws. She hoists it up into the air and flies to the pyramid on the plateau. She enters through the hole in the side and is gone for a few minutes before returning alone. She leads you into the temple area, which she has brightened with some colored sashes hanging from the opening in the ceiling and blowing in the wind.

The space is cool and breezy as she sits you down on overstuffed cushions and demands to hear your tale. ”Thank you for returning Chisisek to me. How fares the cultists? Poorly I suspect, but I would hear every grisly detail, if you don’t mind.” she adds politely.


Zilchus seems confused, but tries to help.

”Do you need help with the body?” Zilchus offers, carrying things as needed and going to watch/help in the process of restoring the dead to their final resting spot.

”The cultists? Dead. Lots of dead cultists. We kilt many many of them. It was mostly a good time. Mostly,” Zilchus’ eyes goes to Tetisurah’s chest, remembering something that makes him shiver and block out something else. He will describe what he remembers of the encounters, the demons, the shadow demons, and the paladin ghost.

”So yeah...now we return home. I think. And yes, your offer of rest and shade is appreciated.”

Zilchus will take to the shade with a new bottle of applejack.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 13/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei nods to the priestess while still kneeling in front of her "I am Kosei Amanasteuar of the river tribe of the Sharif sons and Obenasteuar of the golden tribe of the Sothis sands, grandson of the deep sky tribe of Sadad, grandson of the ruling tribe of El, seventy-sixth Prince of Osirion, Tested in the Monastery of Tar Kuata as the Ancient Guardian of the Sun Lion of Osirion, gatherer of the heat of the fifth tribe, caller of the lightning of the thirteenth tribe..." the man keeps going with his usual presentation "...shifter of the twenty-third tribe..."

The Garundi helps with the corpse preparations, then joins Zilchus "[b]Yes, we have to leave to make more arrangements at the city. But it has been a pleasant visit here. I praise the day we can come back once this business of dead princes is over"


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Tet wrote:
”Thank you for returning Chisisek to me. How fares the cultists? Poorly I suspect, but I would hear every grisly detail, if you don’t mind.”

Stelle comfortably collapses into one of the cushions. The sand dunes. The roiling boat...

"AAahhhh...."

"Well first," Stelle begins, indulging Tetisurah with a detailed and as gory as possible description of the group's adventure in the Sphinx, "there were many girtablilus, but they chose reason over folly and abandoned the place..."

"... then there was the Ghost Paladin, and foul fowl -- insane maffets and large -- scorpion made of gold -- we should probably let the girtablilui reclaim that -- and ... " To her graphic tale she adds in-depth details about the filth and odors encountered in their ordeal, but deliberately omits the final battle with the undead Mummy Croc and The Fall of Zilchus to the Sphinx -- and not just to spare Zilchus and his obvious issues with mammary glands. "... here we are. We had to climb to get to Chisisek, it was quite beautiful, though even looking out from the windows up there I really still don't understand the shadow the Sphinx casts -- " -- she drivels on before drifting off to nap in the oversized chair. "I think a major blow to the cultists has been dealt... zzzzzz"

seventy-sixth...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Earlier, Tetisurah listened to Kosei’s full name with patience, and a gleam of laughter in her eye. She does not interrupt and is appreciative when he is finished.

Later, as Zilchus and Stelle relates the parties tale, she pays rapt attention. ”A paladin of Sarenrae as a ghost! Aren’t they sworn to destroy undead? Fascinating.” She is clearly delighted by the story, especially any gory portions, so she’s riveted by some of Stelle’s descriptions.

She listens to your stories, and prods you for more, all afternoon (in between naps naturally - there is the desert heat after all). As the sun sets, she calls on your assistance, ”I have no assistants here, so I’m afraid my hearth is a cold one. But we shall see what we can uncover shall we?”

She leads the party through the antechambers, and through boxes and crates of various supplies. With the parties help, she manages to produce some fairly tasty falafel along with a variety of the heartier vegetables and other odds and ends - leftovers from what’s left of the cultists supplies here. In the end, it’s not too bad, and quite festive with everyone, or nearly so, chipping in to help (I presume).

After the meal, as folks are digesting in quiet, Tetisurah gets your attention. ”As thanks for your task of returning Chisisek to me, I give you my Sun Falcon Pectoral (image)* as a gift, along with a chest of wealth I found among the cultist belongings that I feel you should have.” She unhooks the necklace from around her neck and hands it to you, telling you what it does.* ”Frankly, I should sell it, and nearly have over the years. The sunlight it produces is OK I guess, but there are better magical tools out there. What I’m saying is, don’t feel the need to keep it just because I gave it to you. I found it pretty.”

She pulls out a simple, though heavy wooden chest with an additional 14,500gp in assorted coins and gems!

”Now, do you plan to stay the night or leave by the moon and cooler climes. You had a magic wagon or some-such before if I remember correctly, so perhaps the sun does not bother you. I shall watch over you as you sleep tonight - I’m more of a night watcher anyway.” she smiles.

You can stay the night here and leave in the morning, or depart immediately it’s your call. You’re about five days out of Tephu or Wati - less if you travel by night as well as by day. Though it’ll be easier once you reach the river (fewer things to hit in the river) you won’t quite double your speed - but rather shave two days off the trip.

* Sun Falcon Pectoral:
This ornate pectoral necklace is crafted out of articulated gold plates arranged in the shape of a falcon - the sacred animal of Horus, the Ancient Osirion god of the sun and the sky.

When outdoors and in an area with direct, natural sunlight, the wearer of a sun falcon pectoral can call down dazzling beams of sunlight from the sky once per day. As a standard action each round for 5 rounds, the wearer can call down a 5-foot-wide, 30-foot-long vertical sunbeam anywhere within 100 feet. A creature struck by a beam takes 3d6 points of damage and is blinded (a successful DC 14 Reflex save halves the damage and negates the blindness). The wearer does not need to call down a sunbeam each round, but once 5 rounds have passed, no more beams can be called down.

Indoors, underground, or in areas of darkness, the wearer can instead create a daylight effect from the necklace once per day. The daylight effect lasts up to 2 hours. Whether used to create daylight or sunbeams, a sun falcon pectoral can only 5 be used once per day.

It's worth 5,400gp.
- - -


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"We've got a magic boat now actually," Florence responds brightly. "A little more work to use but I imagine it looks a lot more impressive to observers!"

"Thank you again, Tetisurah - for everything. It looks like the others might want to rest here tonight," Florence continues, glancing over at the relaxing Zilchus and dozing Stelle. "So...we'll take you up on that offer of a night watch, I think."


"Yeah...we haz a magic butt now," Zilchus slurs, having plenty to drink after Stelle's extended retelling of the party's adventures. Perhaps cracking the second jug was a bit too much...

"The magic butt isn't as good as the chariot, but FloorRents is getting better at it. Need-Hee is fine too," he slurs on, looking at the treasures with interest.

"Butt yeah, will be good to get going home tomorrow *hic*," he sort of rambles off and back to his drink. Unless Nidhi is going to start singing, Zilchus will probably drop off to a dreamless drunken slumber.


HP: 44/44 l AC: 21, T 14, FF 19 l CMD 13 (17 vs. trip) l F +3, Ref +6, W +10, Spell Resistance 19 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

Free of his satchel and enjoying the chance to stretch his legs, Bynx stops and looks at Zilchus for a moment before turning to Anubis.

"Maow?"

Think he means 'boat' but if there *were* a magic butt, who do you think would wear it best?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 13/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei appreciates effusively the falafel but drinks as little as needed, following his usual strict diet.

"Yes, it will be a pleasure to rest in here. Thanks for all your presents, although nothing is more fulfilling than the sunlight of your eyes, my beautiful friend Tetisurah" the man performs a strange reverence before retreating to sleep with the others.

The next day, ready and fresh, the Garundi helps loading the sailing desert boat with the new riches. Before departing Kosei requests time to work at the kitchen, the Garundi prepares an assortment of baklava he stores in a crystal pot and saves it in between his vestments. He leaves one piece at the center of the kitchen counter, with a mint leaf over it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15
Bynx wrote:
Think he means 'boat' but if there *were* a magic butt, who do you think would wear it best?

Anubis stares at the slurring Zilchus.

"Boof."

Why, Zilchass of course.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle awakens long enough to stuff herself with two falafel balls. She performs a curtsy to Tetisurah, "Thank you, this is wonderful." She then promptly keels over into an overstuffed cushion.

"Zzzzzzzz."

In the morning, she once again bobs a curtsy to Tetisurah. "Thank you for your hospitality. I think we may be heading back to Wati, then beyond. Leave word with Abdur there, should you have need for us in the future -- he should have ways of finding us where ever we are."

She gathers things, and heads for the magic boat.


In the morning, only slightly mostly hungover, Zilchus will be ready to take the boat back home.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Tetisurah is playing in the sand the following morning when the first of you arise, making patterns in the valley. She flies over to you and helps prepare a fine breakfast of leftovers and a few odds and ends including coffee.

She wishes you all well as you depart, following you to see your sand-ship, the Jharna. She's impressed with it, and wishes you well in your journey.

You clamber aboard and begin the five day journey back home - back to Wati.

You're four days on the open desert before you reach the Crook river. You've a few encounters, but most creatures avoid the large ship as it plows through the sand. The last day is more peaceful as you drift on the current leading you directly where you want to go, and catch the occasional wind to speed your way.

It's a little more hectic at the docks, as Florence must guide the ship into an appointed berth - a tricky thing indeed! Profession Sailor check please Florence, to berth safely.

The smells of the city are enticing even here at the docks - you're home.

Nidhi, where are you?


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Profession: Sailor (Traveler's Any-Tool): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16

"Whoooooa nelly, docking at a real dock is harder than it looks," Florence huffs as she works to bring the Jharna to a smooth stop next to Wati's docks. "At least my arms are getting a workout to match the one my legs have gotten ever since I got to Osirion!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Florence manages to dock the beast without too much trouble, though she does scrape some of the barnacles off the dock. The harbor master frowns and charges you double the docking fee - two whole gold pieces.

You're filling out paperwork with the harbormaster, who's asking all sorts of unknown questions like where are you warehousing the goods, who's your merchant contact, etc. when Abdur strides up, palms something in the harbormasters hands, and says, "Oh Rollio, they're with me of course. I'm sorry I forgot to tell you, but I wasn't sure when they'd be back you see!" he chuckles and shakes his hand forcefully.

"I'll have them moved to my usual berth and warehouse their, ah, goods." he gestures to an associate who marches forward with quill in hand who starts filling out forms and dealing with the bureaucracy.

Abdur strides to your ship, and requests permission to come aboard with two more of his associates. "My friends, but it is good to see you! I see you're prospering too! Well done. A fine scorpion ship if I ever saw one! With permission, I'll have my man steer it to my dock and we'll take care of the tedious business so we can get into the cool air of my tavern for drinks!"

Assuming the party goes along, his man swiftly, and skillfully, maneuvers the Jharna a few piers over where a host of Abdur's throng are waiting to tie down and unload. Abdur waves casually to them and jumps back on the deck, "Come, they will follow with your equipment and we shall beat them to the cool drinks!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 13/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei approaches Abdur to greet him with a reverence "Truly friend Abdur, the Merchant of All Sands, such a pleasant day to see you once more! It is my hope all your riches have multiplied since the last day we met" the Garundi makes a sign pointing at the group "I found your friends, and the are really the kind of adventurous people you told me. We can update you into the details while we have those drinks. But I am happy to tell you they were successful. Although there is so much to do"

Kosei will accept the drinks invitation and contribute to update Abdur on the happenings at the Parched Dunes, the Sphinx and what is need to be done with the flying Pyramid.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle uses her Sleeves to switch out of her pragmatic desert sailing clothes and into a tasteful cocktail dress and follows Abdur to the tavern, Anubis in tow.

She looks back over her shoulder to see how the slightly mostly hungover recently desceased Zilchus is faring. "Are you coming?"

She mainly listens as Kosei relates their adventure in the Sphinx, occasionally filling in small details here and there.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Sounds like a plan to me," Florence agrees, eager to be back in civilization. "There's a lot to tell and um...as you can see - and probably already know since I think Kosei said you sent him after us? - there's been a change of faces since we saw you last," she adds, gesturing to Kosei and letting Ben's absence speak for itself.
______________

Apologies for the silence; had a busy couple of days and I think my laptop is now pining for the fjords which is going to make PbP business slightly more complicated for a while.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

No worries Florence. It’s been a slow weekend.

You recognize some of Milki’s* regulars as you enter the pub side of the large building, and get a few nods and smiles. Abdur takes a far flung table and eyes a few nearby potential eaves-droppers into moving further afield as he takes in your story. Some of his hoard of servants bring you drinks, and food if you’re hungry.

”Ahhh, yes, Benedictus stopped by here to pick up some books he had left behind - so I know the whole story up to that point.”

He listens intently to the stories and occasionally pounds on the table with a ”Well done!” or other supportive adjective as he really gets into the narrative. When you’re done he says, ”Flying pyramids? I don’t believe it! Not until I see such a thing with my own eyes will I believe such things are possible. Why whole flying Shory cities are just a myth!”

”Well, I imagine you have one or two things to sell, and I have something for you. Come, let us discuss further in my office.” He leads you behind the counter and down a flight of steps. A few doors here and there leading off to various storage areas and a smaller one leading to his cramped and cluttered office. You all just barely fit inside as Abdur squeezes behind his desk.

”An odd thing happened while you were away. A squad of girtablilu reached out to a man in my trade network in Tephu. They said they had something for you, and paid a pretty sum to see it safely placed in your hands. You must have really helped them out. They’re an honorable people. Not ones to let a debt go unpaid.”

He takes a silk scarf dramatically off the mess of his desk to reveal a bronze scimitar, shining in the light (image). ”To be honest, I’ve been sorely tempted to try it out. If you decide not to keep it, I’d be honored to buy it from you personally.” He proceeds, with some reluctance, to tell you what it does.**

Let me know if you’re going to keep or sell the scimitar. Let me know too if you have any group purchases you need to make. You’ll be in the desert some while, and I assume you’ll buy general supplies for the journey (food, some water though you can largely make what you need, etc.) and there’s no need to go into particular detail unless you want to. You might want to buy some more healing, though I think you have used less than expected so maybe you have enough.

* Milki, as you may remember, is the name of Abdur’s shop & pub. Well, the full name is Mueaddat Almalaki Wadar Aleamm but no one uses that mouthful.

** Scimitar of the Striking Wing:
This bronze +2 scimitar bears an eagle motif on its pommel, and allows the user to soar through the air to deliver attacks. As a free action, the wielder can fly without having to maintain concentration, as if affected by the fly spell for up to 20 rounds each day, with a +5 bonus on Fly checks (CL 11). These rounds need not be consecutive. In addition, as long as the scimitar is in hand, the wielder can use feather fall at will. (27,000gp)
- - -


Zilchus rolls out of the boat, reeling from either sea legs or drunkenness (or both) and roils his way over to Abdur. He has a big goofy grin on his face, happy to be off the boat or drunk (or both). A few empty jugs of applejack follow him out of the boat, cracking into the sands.

”Abdur! We have much to discuss! We were very successful and I only mostly somewhat was less alive for a very short period! You should have seen what did it to me...she had big...” Zilchus holds out his hands palms up, trying to emphasize the size of the creature’s claw. ”...claws. Big claws. Big huge bouncy claws.”

Zilchus claps Abdur on the back. ”You should see the sphinx we found too! Tons of space inside! It was lovely except for the demons and cultists....let me tell you all about it!” Zilchus is happy to tell Abdur all about everything, and to get more to drink.


Zilchus holds up the scimitar from the girablilu, taking a few swings of it in the air.

”This is a fine weapon, but lacks the balance of my blade and let alone the slicing power,” Zilchus says, then offers the blade around in case anyone else wants to try it.

Zilchus doesn’t want the blade. We should put aside about 10k for healing, if possible. We need wands and scrolls and apparently resurrections.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 13/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei observes the scimitar with reverence "Oh! That is a real fine piece of art! You really impressed those girablilu my friends" the Garundi nods at the others "Those flying abilities can be really handy indeed. A great tale of a warrior it could be. As a Prince of Osirion I have of course been trained in the use of the sacred weapon of our peoples, but I do have to admit I am not such a fighter. At least not that much as Zilchus and Stelle from what I have seen so far"

"I hate giving presents away, specially useful ones, but the Kosei has no real use for it, so, if it is of no use for anyone of my friends, my good friend Abdur can sure make good use of it for the change of coin and maybe good poetry"


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Mmm...being able to fly, even for a short time, is a useful ability to have," Florence points out. Then she shrugs. "But on the other hand, it's not really something that's come up a lot and I don't blame Zilchus or Stelle if they'd rather stick to the weapons they have - especially if their overall striking power is stronger."

"I'm sure that we could put the extra coin to use for more restorative supplies or perhaps an upgrade to someone's existing possessions?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

"You died my friend?! Well - I'm glad you had the tools necessary out there to reverse the damage!" Abdur laughs heartily, though he notes a paleness to Zilchus that yet lingers (one or two more days before the second restoration I think).

He listens as the party weighs the benefits of the blade. He frowns when it looks like you might keep it, and grins widely when it looks like you might sell it. HIs face contorts quickly with his mood as the discussion continues.

"I'll arrange your rooms as before if you wish at the Tooth and Hookah. How soon do you expect you'll need to head back out into the desert? What are your immediate plans, and how may I help you?"

(Let me know what you want to buy vis-a-vie healing and restorative items and I'll do a divvy. Should be over 50kgp if you want to start planning your purchases. Also, someone needs to carry and track the second bag of holding if Kosei is not.)


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Well...since we're not sure how long we'll be done, we'll need to stock up on restoratives for sure," Florence replies, brow furrowed in thought. "I'm not entirely sure what the others might have in mind to purchase but for myself...hmm...perhaps another wand or two..."
______________

Moving over to Discussion for further discussion~


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15

"Yes, I am also loathe to give away fine gifts. This is much nicer than the scimitar I carry, but I hardly use it as is..." Stelle states somewhat ruefully.

"I trust Abdur will find the most suitable home for it, however."

Stelle dons a monocle and pulls out a wish list to check over.

Stelle will carry the second bag of holding if no one else is interested.


Zilchus smiles.

”Well, I didn’t die-die, I only somewhat died, it was totally different. I came back with an egg. You don’t come back with an egg if you were dead-dead. That’s not how it works,” Zilchus explains things he knows nothing about. ”Now, did I tell you about the giant stone sphinx? It was...”

Zilchus, a sometimes chatty drunk, will talk Abdur’s ears off until he eventually passes out.

I’ll try to get to his shopping list tonight.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Um...you were...you were in pieces..." Florence mutters as Zilchus regales Abdur with the tale of his only-mostly-deadness but otherwise lets her companion's embellishment go without further protest or correction.

Maybe he needs to *believe* that he wasn't really all that dead?

It's a sobering thought, whether not there's any actual truth to it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Florence wrote:
"Um...you were...you were in pieces..."

"Yea, he was." Stelle agrees, after a shot of something strong. A blood smear like a ripened mosquito slapped upon the on a stone door. But who are we to get in the way of his Zilchiness?"

"Oh, the Egg. Yes, there is an Egg -- Zilchus -- he brought it back in his Afterdeath. It's somewhere up here in my sleeve..." Stelle confirms, looking off into the distance without at all making an effort to retrieve the Egg.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

After enduring a little over two weeks of desert travel, Nidhi confirmed what she’d already knew: she was a city girl through and through. No more adventures into the barren desert for her! Nidhi mentally expands to her list of her least-favorite places, placing “desert” immediately below “libraries.” With the exception of the most talented honey-makers known to man, Nidhi finds little incentive to leave the creature comforts of bustling city life. Plus, Wati had its own wonders to be treasured. The golden lake home to white crocodiles, ancient tombs she could boast about exploring, and a young dragon nesting beneath the Necropolis! Various gold and lapis lazuli bracelets clink together as young bard curls her fingers around the ship railing to get a better view of the city.

Kosei Sharif-El-Sadad wrote:
“It is my hope all your riches have multiplied since the last day we met”

Under her mask, Nidhi’s eyes crinkle and her mouth curves into a wide smile. She found Kosei’s comment entertaining, wishing she’d been clever enough to come up with the quip first.

It takes some time for Nidhi to adjust from her sea legs to her land legs. Although a decently dexterous person, the bard still finds herself half-staggering down the plank when the party disembarks from the vessel. She looks up towards the cluster of structures that make up her home. Home. She’d missed Wati. Nidhi was a purveyor of leisurely walks through Sunburst Market, good food, pub company. All three she’d been without for longer than she liked. And, Nidhi’s only living relative resided in Wati: her grandmother, Jharna Aashirya.

Nidhi is moderately distracted through their meeting with Abdur inside Milki. Her mind keeps drifting back her grandmother. Was her grandmother in good health? Had the small tailoring shop done well in the past two weeks? Had Stuffing monopolized Jharna’s affections? Nidhi knew her last worry stemmed out of petty jealousy, but she couldn’t help feeling distain for the bird. The hen was probably roosting on some high-quality fabrics right now. Maybe Nidhi would pluck out a few feathers for her “arrow fletching.” She’d been meaning to learn anyhow.

Inside Abdur’s office, Nidhi unstraps the Thiaean swarmbow from her back and rests it gently on the desk. “Abdur, I received a new bow but I lack the strength to wield it. Could you help me with the adjustment?” Nidhi pulls out the proper coinage (1,000g) and offers it up for the exchange. Nidhi also remember to unbuckle the Belt of Physical Might from around her waist to add to the “sell” pile. She re-equips the Belt of Incredible Dexterity she’d bought at the market what feels like a lifetime ago. I’ve adjusted Nidhi’s combat stats on her character sheet. Nidhi shows absolutely no interest in the scrolls or wands, preferring to stick to her melodic voice and quiver full of arrows. She also shows no interest in carting around a bag of holding. However, Nidhi does insists on keeping the large, heavy, embossed wooden chest which once held the royal thriae larva as a momento. (100g) “This is the first piece of furniture I’ve acquired that really embodies who I am as a person.” Nidhi presses splayed fingers to her breastbone, “and pieces like that are once in a lifetime! It’s absolutely perfect for my bedroom!” Despite claiming ownership, Nidhi has no qualms about showcasing the bulky chest, gushing details about their daring rescue and the regal Thriaean nest – only omitting the location. “More majestic than a unicorn!” Nidhi asserts reverently, clasping her hands together as if she were in prayer.

Nidhi seems eager to share the stories of the evening ambush, the taming the Behir with her singing, how Nidhi had spoken to the guard Girtabloobloo (haha) in their own tongue, solving the mystery of the cultist’s path accross the desert, how the party was forced to fight every time they tried to relieve their exhaustion inside the Sphinx, Kosei’s stunning entrance into the Sphinx as a bat, Zilchus’ killing blow on who Nidhi dubs as the “False Pharaoh,” and the successful retrieval of the royal baby bee. But, as Nidhi’s tale progresses, she loses some of the spark and momentum characteristic of her tales. She leaves out the parts she finds shameful. Particularly when she explains one of their most intense battles: “Spells exhausted and moral running low, it was only after I nearly had my eyebrows singed off by the conjured wall of flame that-“ Nidhi pauses, pretending to take a sip of water. A thin rivulet escapes from the corner of her mouth and slides down to her chin before dripping onto the table. It was an inconvenient pause for those listening, but Nidhi needed the time to gather her thoughts. She was normally an open book but she was starting to think that perhaps not everything was meant to be shared. Particularly if those intimate details fractured the reliability that was required of her since she wore the Forgotten Pharaoh’s mask. She picks back up: “Everything looked bleak! Just when we thought the flames would engulf us, Stelle and Zilchus flanked her for the kill – both swinging in for a lethal blow the False Pharaoh! I swear a heard a thunder clap when their weapons hit!”

Perform (tell embellished story): 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (20) + 26 = 46

The bard exempts the part about her being mind-controlled and tossing the mask like a frisbee and unstringing her bow in the middle of combat. Nidhi also fidgets in her seat when the group details Zilchus’ death and tries to steer the conversation elsewhere. “We reconvened with the sphinx! Strangest creature - loyal to the great architect, Chisisek! I was skeptical about him at first, but after- well, he seems like he was a decent person in life.” Nidhi neglects to tell Abdur about how they’d disrupted the artist’s eternal slumber. It still seemed disrespectful to Nidhi - even if it was for a noble cause. Perhaps it was her Wati heritage that had that particular moral etched so deeply into her soul. Nidhi smiles with more enthusiasm than she feels at the moment. “In fact, we may bring one of his greatest works back into modern civilization! I can’t share all the details because we don’t know if such a thing even exists, but the stories are too fantastical to not dream about it!”

Nidhi drains her glass and stands from the table. Luckily her stomach wasn’t affected by her mood. She had been as ravenous as any other person stuck in the desert for weeks. “What gracious hospitality! What lovely patronage,” Nidhi winks at a muscular man sitting a couple tables down, “I hate to leave but I have a wonderful woman who’s worried about me!” Nidhi omits the fact it’s her grandmother. The truth wasn’t as glamorous as she wanted to lead everyone to believe, but Nidhi thought it was funny if she was able to mislead people to erroneous conclusions about her personal life.

Last time Nidhi had seen her grandmother has been the same night Nidhi had tried a Bartini for the first time (curtesy of bartender Stelle.) In fact, the last time Nidhi had seen her grandmother, Jharna, she’d been introducing the swarthy-skinned women to Stelle and Annie! Now, Ben had left and there was another new party member to discuss! Nidhi had more to explain than she was prepared to do. It seemed like more time had passed than a measly two weeks and a handful of days. And Nidhi was tired. No. That wasn't it. She felt... old? A bit jaded? Her reality didn't equate to the romantic vision she'd imagined the day Adbur called her name in the lottery. Nidhi had been terrified on more than one occasion, suffered scars both mental and physical, and stepped so far out of her comfort zone that she'd risked losing her life. Nidhi felt old... older? She was still the same young woman with a flair for the dramatics and a honey-addict, but she felt like her naivety had been stripped away by her close brushes with death and the temporary loss of her own autonomy. Is this why Pharasma is such a somber goddess? Knowing the fate of the world before it even happens? Nidhi walks to Jharna's shop without having to think about the route. It was a path she'd walked countless times and could probably trek blindfolded.

Jharna's shop is a two-story building with a wide shop window on the first floor. A pair of smaller windows decorate the second floor. All the windows are framed by recently-painted shutters which already collect sand on their ledges. Below the shop window is a potted cactus. Nidhi steps up on the front porch and passes through the shop door.

See next post.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Abdur is entranced by Nidhi’s telling, in all its embellished glory. You see the stars in his eyes as he follows the twisted tale of death and dismemberment in the desert. He cheers as the thriae receive their queen back, and is stunned by the words from beyond the grave.

Abdur grins as the scimitar eventually finds its way into his possession. He draws his own blade (very fine from the looks of it, though the pommel leather (red) is quite worn) and slides it under the desk out of the way. He picks up the Striking Wing with a skilled flourish, and sheaths it in his own scabbard, which seems to accommodate it quite well.

”Excellent my friends, excellent! I’ll go over your things and give you a proper accounting in the morning. Until then!” He escorts you back upstairs, carefully locking the doors behind him. Still smiling he shouts orders gleefully to his many servants who react quickly to his pleas and the place is hopping in no time.

It’s early afternoon when you are free. You have places to stay, and will get a large amount of cash in the morning. No need to play out each day, but let me know some general things you might be doing over the next week as you relax from your recent ordeals.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The following day, Wealday, Erastus 30, 4714, you reconvene at Abdur’s, perhaps over lunch. He hands you each fat purses filled with gems and gold, as well as some of the scrolls and wands you requested (the rest will be available tomorrow, so go ahead and assume you have them now for tracking purposes).

Party Divvy!
Each of you receive 54,128gp. In addition the party obtains 3*Wand of CLW, Wand of CMW, Scroll of Remove Disease*2, Remove Curse*2, Break Enchantment*2, Heal*2, Remove Blindness/Deafness*2, Resurrection, Raise Dead, Restoration (1k)*2.

”Well my friends, you are rich indeed! What can I do to help you prepare for your visit to the slave-trenches. I’ll fill your ship with food and supplies for the journey, but what else do you need?”

Nidhi, your bow will also be ready tomorrow, so go ahead and assume you have it now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 13/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei is mesmerized by Nidhi's narrative. At some points it takes him an effort to recognize he had been part of the tale, such beautiful is the story compared to his own experience.

The Garundi smiles as Abdur takes the scimitar. He is sure the merchant will make a whole great business of the groups stuff by "adjusting" the accountability here and there to his benefit, but he is too tired to be picky, and sure the back sum will be huge after all "That is great my friend. I hate going through numbers"

Before going to sleep though, Kosei takes the opportunity to visit a part of his family in Wati. The Aunt of his father. Of course he accepts the hospitality and has a large supper and sleeps at her house with her ten grandchildren.

On the next day he wakes up early on to join the party and see what has come out of Abdur's job. "Ah! You have made a great job with the numbers my friend! There is little thing else than food and water the Kosei needs friend Abdur. But I thank you for your concerns"

Nevertheless, Kosei picks up on Florence idea, and delivers his headband to be magically strengthened by a local crafter. -12000 gp

The rest of the day, Kosei transforms into a black cat and walks around the city lurking around trying to randomly make himself an idea of how things are going on. And maybe find some unguarded baklava...


GM Euan wrote:
”Well my friends, you are rich indeed! What can I do to help you prepare for your visit to the slave-trenches. I’ll fill your ship with food and supplies for the journey, but what else do you need?”

In the morning, after Zilchus sleeps off his night of drunken returns, he lolls downstairs and begins to think about his own needs and armaments (outside of his need for a restorative morning ale).

"So...you're gunna get that bow fixed up, are you, Nidhi?" Zilchus asks with a night's worth of open mouth snoring on his breath. He draws his blade and puts it on the table in front of him. "Maybe I should, *burp, get my blade done up as well. Gunna have one of those swords that heroes use too. Just like your fancy bow."

Zilchus orders food to go with his ale, while he debates what else to buy. He knows he'll need more applejack. And maybe a new belt.

He looks around for Florence.

"Flo? Do we know what happened to Ben? Did he make it back? Maybe we'll go find him and have a 'talk' with him," Zilchus says, still angry and making a punchy-punchy gesture with his fists when he says the word 'talk'.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle wanders to the library after Milki's to find her father and take him to his favorite restaurant. Attired in everyday robes, (courtesy of the sleeves) Stelle picks up her share of loot and dons her monocle to peer at her wish list. Slinging the bag of holding over her shoulder, she wanders off silently towards the Smithy, but not before checking into Jharna's shop.

"Hello!"

Shopping:

Stelle walks into the Smithy.
"My dear good Smith, please make this suitable for slaying Evil. Also," She holds up her silver hammer, tarnished slightly on the head, "I would like to upgrade this to a warhammer. Oh ... while you're at it..."

Stelle rifles through a not so short list before heading back to Abdur.

"Abdur dear -- Anubis needs more than just a bath these days..." She hands him a not so short list.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Anubis wanders over to Bynx, casting about somewhat furtively.

Did you see that other creature like yourself just breeze through? He ... do we know him?

Anubis trots off nose to ground, looking for a certain purple eyed black and grey striped cat decorated with a single white star on his chest.

Tracking: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Baklava... is that baklava over there? Anubis looks over at a Falafel cart briefly before regaining his focus.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei, the headband is no problem - you’ll have it in a few days.

The view of Wati from a cats-eye is very different than a humans. For one thing there is much more unguarded baklava. Kosei spends some time traversing the roadways and alleyways of Wati. You get a sense of the smells of the city foremost - in a way that you perhaps hadn’t expected. The savory smells of the pressed humanoids of the city are intoxicating. Other cats tend to give you a wide berth, though one or two of the larger ones consider you carefully before backing down.

In all the city is starting to relax after the turmoil of the walking dead. Folks are going out after dark again without fear. Well, at least in fewer numbers - the occasional thief is still a problem. Things seem to be very much business as usual.

Neither Zilchus nor Florence is sure of Benedictus’ location. He had suggested he was going downriver however, so even if he stopped by here for supplies, he’d be long gone. Zilchus your items are fine.

Stelle will have no trouble with her list either. Anubis gets hung up on the baklava and falafel, as this new cat proves very hard to track, and he loses the trail.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

After a very restful and surprisingly dreamless night's sleep, the last thing Florence wants to do is think about Ben - but at the same time she can't really blame Zilchus for wanting to look for him.

"No..." she sighs, rubbing at one temple. "He mentioned going downriver, didn't he? He's probably in Tephu...no, maybe even Sothis, by now."

"Are we heading out to the markets today?" Florence continues quickly, eager for a change of subject. "I was thinking about getting this headband enhanced and maybe looking for a few other trinkets. Besides, it'd be nice to have a walk somewhere that's not the open desert...or tombs...or caverns..."


HP: 44/44 l AC: 21, T 14, FF 19 l CMD 13 (17 vs. trip) l F +3, Ref +6, W +10, Spell Resistance 19 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

"Mraooowww..."

Bynx's tail lashes back and forth in a state of agitation; he was certain that the strange-looking feline wasn't quite what it appeared to be but he also wasn't sure that he wanted to risk tangling with it.

No...I haven't seen that one before. There's something strange about him. I don't know if I like it!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

This has been a long time coming. Only one or two more posts until the next page so I don’t feel too bad about the text wall.

Toilday, Erastus 29, 4714

Nidhi felt old, jaded. And she hated feeling this way. She was two and twenty – not a child but definitely not an old woman! She wasn’t much smarter or wiser than when she started adventuring just two months prior, but, there were unmistakable differences in her soul that she couldn’t shake. One didn’t simply kill, again, and again, and again without feeling anything. And one didn’t get put into situations that required them to kill unless they, themselves, were in danger of losing their own life. Furthermore, it was far too easy to get caught up in the moment, the routine, and forget the gravity of what you’re actually doing. What’s one more dead cultist when you’ve already killed before? Nidhi was born and raised in Wati. She grew up with the normalcy of having the dead as her neighbors – separated by just a wall – but coming to terms with one’s own mortality… wasn’t easy.

Walking home was the first time Nidhi had actually gotten to be alone. Sure, Nidhi and her companions had been in relative solitude on their travels through the desert. And there had been times of silence, but Nidhi hadn’t really had time to herself. Between the animals, Zilchus’ belching and farting, and her other companions, there was no time for Nidhi to decompress. Of course, it hadn’t occurred to Nidhi that she needed to decompress. She was an extravert and loved the attention and praise that came with being an entertainer. But, it was coming home and seeing her grandmother that made her realize how difficult all this hero business really was.

Jharna had her arms around Nidhi before the young woman realized what was happening. “I heard from my customer’s you’d arrived back on a boat! The Jharna no less!” The older woman seems tickled by the idea. She shakes her head in disbelief and laughs, the sound similar to Nidhi’s own but coarse as if filled with sand.

“Nidhi, dear, come eat. I made manakish.” Jharna proceeds to strip Nidhi of her silk waist scarf and traveling robes, making note of her newly acquired cloak of resistance. “Needs embellishing,” she states, tossing the fabric into an empty wash basin. Nidhi seems to hardly hear her, sitting down on the threadbare chaise longue and mechanically unbuckling her mask to eat. Nidhi liked the mask, she wanted to be the one to wear it out of everyone else in the party. She thought it suited her best, but there were moments, like this one, when she wished it didn’t exist. The trouble that mask had caused far out-weighed it’s benefits to exist anywhere near humanity...

Jharna places a plate with a generous serving of manakish in front of Nidhi before taking a seat at her desk with a project she’d been working on. It was a banner of red and purple, embroidered with gold thread around the edges in crescent swirls. In the middle, also stitched in gold, was a glorious phoenix, extending it’s flaming wings towards the sky in a wide V-shape. It was a fearsome looking bird but it also brought on feelings of safety and security. Nidhi chews a mouthful of manakish, staring at her grandmother work. The older woman was amazingly talented. Nidhi wished she had her grandmother’s level of skill.

The two woman sit in silence until Nidhi finishes eating. Then, Jharna gets up and demands Nidhi take a bath. “You smell like a mule’s rump. Come on. Into the tub.” Jharna double-checks the door is locked before forcefully peeling off Nidhi’s sweat and sand-covered clothes and guiding her down into the basin’s waters as if she were a toddler. Nidhi would have been embarrassed if she weren’t so tired.

Jharna proceeds to unbraid Nidhi’s long, thick hair and massage soap into her scalp, humming. Jharna hands Nidhi another bar and instructs her granddaughter to wash her arms. Nidhi could feel and see the dirt and grime leaving her tanned skin. It was like seeing and feeling an oil spill enter the River Sphinx.

“Grandmother,” Nidhi eventually interrupts Jharna’s humming. “Aren’t you going to ask about my latest adventure?”

Jharna lets out a small laugh, “Oh, I’m sure I’ll hear about it eventually. If not from you, my customers.” She leans over to see the side of Nidhi’s face, “thanks for the extra business, by the way.” The older woman chortles and wrings the excess water from Nidhi’s hair, then hands Nidhi a cloth to dry off with. When Nidhi looks confused, Jharna quietly chants: “Zilchus is great. Zilchus is great.” Nidhi rubs the bridge of her nose, if Grandmother only spent a week with the guy… Jharna breaks into Nidhi’s thoughts: “people tend to recall those things after you save them from an undead outbreak. Your tales are starting to tavern hop.”

After being truly clean after what had been weeks in the dry, desert heat, Nidhi feels the urge to luxuriate (and the bath and home-cooked meal improved her mood.) “Grandmother, the sheets-“

“Already washed and on your bed.”

Nidhi’s face flushes and she hugs her grandmother tight, “I love you, Grandmother. Thank you.”

Jharna smiles, patting Nidhi’s back until the younger woman releases her. “I recognized that look when I saw you, dear." The older woman's eyes seem to hide a hidden depth Nidhi was unaware of until now, but it was gone as quickly as it came. "Go ahead to bed. I’ll be up in a bit.” She motions a gnarled hand to her work desk with the red and purple fabric she’d been detailing.

Nidhi nods, turning to look for her large, heavy, embossed wooden chest.

“Already upstairs, dear. Lovely for fabric storage. Good choice,” Jharna commends.

Nidhi just nods, unsure what to respond with. Her grandmother had always been quick on her feet.

Wealday, Erastus 30, 4714

Nidhi felt like she was being scrubbed in a wash basin.

No. It wasn’t a wash basin. She was stuck in the maw of an undead crocodile! Violently flung up, down, left, right. She had no control over her own body. She was a ragdoll – a chewtoy – to the undead beast.

Help! Nidhi tries to scream but the undead creature has torn out her larynx. With every violent shake, more of Nidhi’s blood splatters onto the stone road like biblical rainfall.

This was the part where her friends were supposed to save her. Zilchus with his falchion to stab the beast. But Zilchus was covered in his own blood. Facedown, he had long claw marks down to his bones and a sphinx with a regal woman’s head lorded over him licking her red, sticky paw.

Nidhi sits up suddenly in her bed. Her fists bunch up the late Nebta-Khufre’s (since washed) silk bedsheets, now damp with her sweat. It takes Nidhi a moment to realize she’s home, safe, on the second floor of Jharna’s Tailoring shop. Jharna softly snoring in the adjacent bed.

Nidhi rubs her face with her hands, willing her breath to return to normal. A few minutes pass before Nidhi realizes she won’t be able to get back to sleep. She swings her legs off the bed, pulls her mask from under her pillow, and heads downstairs to grab the bucket of chicken feed.

She quietly exits the back of the shop and opens the door to the raised chicken coop. It was a small building: about the size of a large doghouse, propped up on stilts with a ramp enabling its occupants to strut down to ground-level. The coop comfortably accommodated six: Stuffing and the five baby chicks Jharna has acquired in the past month. With the exception of Stuffing, all the previous chickens had been lost to the undead uprising. The single survivor, Stuffing, had been temporarily invited to say with the Aashirya household until Nidhi gifted her grandmother the gold to purchase new occupants – all of which Stuffing now lorded over hubristically.

For Nidhi, the beady-eyed chicken had been the source of a certain degree of jealousy in the past, but now she felt like she needed someone to comfort her. Nidhi ducks inside the coop and reaches for the largest bird, carefully tucking the feathered creature under her arm. She squats to sit at the top of the ramp, holding Stuffing who’s now awake. Stuffing lets out a small, sleepy bawk of protest but doesn’t try to escape. Unable to hold back, Nidhi buries her head into Stuffing’s soft, tan feathers and cries. The epic ballads never prepared Nidhi for how terrifying being a hero could be.

After being rudely awakened, Stuffing sat complacent, satisfied with her own hen-importance, in Nidhi’s lap until the first streak of red in the sky. By then, the human – Nidhi – had stopped her bawling and had reverted to the occasional sniffle. Good. It was time for breakfast. Stuffing let her needs be known by stretching her neck towards the wooden bucket filled with grain, then looking up at her sniffling companion. The human seemed to understand because Stuffing was lifted off her Nidhi's and placed on the ground, followed by a spraying of grain around her. Not all the grain though. Stuffing fixed her beady black eyes back on the bucket, which she knew still held plenty of grain and bawked indignantly, flapping her wings with irritation.

Nidhi wipes her eyes with the back of her hand. “Okay. Okay, a little bit more and that’s it. Grandma doesn’t like it when you’re overfed. Even if she let you live in our house. Nidhi drops another generous handful to the ground before returning inside to get ready for the day. Before her new life as an adventurer began, Nidhi used take early morning walks every morning, enjoying the outside before the sun unleashed its unrelenting heat. She didn’t feel like taking a walk but knew she’d regret it later if she missed the opportunity.

Nidhi sneaks back up the stairs, touching the embossed wooden chest at the foot of her bed before turning to rifle through her clean clothes. Since her grandmother owned a tailoring shop, Nidhi had access to more clothing than the average Wati native. Her clothes weren’t fancy, but they were well-crafted and her grandmother imbued all the items in her shop with a minor mending spell. Nidhi hadn’t been able to notice it before, but since her experiences in the past couple months, Nidhi could now sense a faint magical aura to all the fabrics in the shop, which prevented them from fraying as quickly as normal fabric. Nidhi dons a long brown skirt and white tunic, tying a green silk scarf around her waist and buckling her mask. Her favorite traveling cloak and matching blue waist scarf were being washed along with her recent acquisition - the cloak of resistance. Before exiting Jharna’s shop, Nidhi casts Disguise Self to hide her mask.

Waking up in her own bed – apart from the nightmare – gave Nidhi a false sense of normalcy. She was taking the same path as she always did. Arriving at the Golden Lake in time to watch the albino crocodiles get fed. Nidhi sat on one of the stone benches watching the carnivorous animals glide in the pool to beach themselves on rocks after feeding. These animals don’t frighten Nidhi. The dead don’t particularly frighten her either. Only insects. …And her own mortality. Nidhi feels her throat tighten to a pre-cry state and tries to calm herself down. It was probably from waking up too early from a bad dream. Another night sleep and she’d be fine. Nidhi remains at the pool until she knows Jharna will be awake, then returns to the shop.

Jharna was already sitting at her desk when Nidhi returned from her morning walk. The older woman held a needle in one hand and Nidhi’s freshly-laundered cloak of resistance in the other. Without looking up, Jharna greets Nidhi: “eggs on the counter, dear. Crack a couple to mop up with some bread. Too much to do today to play hospitality.” Nidhi unbuckles her mask and picks up an apple. “What are you doing to my cloak? I need it,” she peers over Jharna’s desk to watch the older woman.

With uncanny speed for a woman of her age, Jharna grabs her cane and lightly wraps on Nidhi’s knuckles. “Adding the symbol of Pharasma. People need to know your faith. Now get out of my way. Shoo! Don’t you have some friends to go see?” Jharna glances up at Nidhi’s surprised silence, offering a smile, her wrinkles gaining wrinkles, “and thank you for feeding the chickens, Nidhi dear.”

The younger Aashirya rubs her hand that was given a reprimanding thwack with the cane. She wanted to remind her grandmother that she always wore her onyx and silver holy symbol of Pharasma, but didn’t think it would sway the older woman’s determination. So, Nidhi grabs all of her equipment except for her cloak and heads to Milki, then the Tooth and Hookah where she expects some of her companions to be.

Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
"So...you're gunna get that bow fixed up, are you, Nidhi?" Zilchus asks with a night's worth of open mouth snoring on his breath. He draws his blade and puts it on the table in front of him. "Maybe I should, *burp, get my blade done up as well. Gunna have one of those swords that heroes use too. Just like your fancy bow."

Nidhi moves her head away from Zilchus’ direction but doesn’t flinch. “I gave my new bow to Abdur this morning for an enchant. It’s a shortbow, so it’s a bit different than the longbow I’ve been using, but I feel like fate demands I use it.” Nidhi smiles and clasps her hand together, a dreamy expression crossing her face. “The gods must want me to have a weapon that expresses my fondness for honey.” To assert her point, Nidhi dips her index finger into the ramekin of honey and draws the symbol of Pharasma on her pita bread. “My old bow is sentimental to me, so I don’t want to sell it. But maybe one of you can find a use for it.” Nidhi unbraids her hair at the table, brushes it out with her comb, then skillfully re-braids it.

Florence Corvina wrote:
"Are we heading out to the markets today?" Florence continues quickly, eager for a change of subject. "I was thinking about getting this headband enhanced and maybe looking for a few other trinkets. Besides, it'd be nice to have a walk somewhere that's not the open desert...or tombs...or caverns..."

Nidhi doesn’t hold the same anger that Zilchus does. Instead, she remains in quiet contemplation, nodding when appropriate. Nidhi doesn’t think she can blame Ben. Perhaps the stress of everything got to him. Ben had been one of the timider people to have graced their adventuring party. Half his words had come out in a stutter when they’d first met in Milki. Nidhi stays silent about her opinion of Ben and second’s Florence’s suggestion. “I think that’s a good idea. I need to pick up more arrows from Sunburst Market and I was thinking about a new pair of shoes.” (Boots of Speed) Nidhi pulls up her long, brown skirt to reveal her non-magical, well-loved traveling boots. Jharna had cleaned the sand off of them, but it was clear they’d gotten lots of use.

Kosei Sharif-El-Sadad wrote:
The rest of the day, Kosei transforms into a black cat and walks around the city lurking around trying to randomly make himself an idea of how things are going on. And maybe find some unguarded baklava.

After Kosei’s magical exit, Nidhi leans over to Florence to confide: “I find Kosei very charming. His appreciation for art, good-natured personality, usefulness to the group… it’s a shame he lacks a muscular physique.” Nidhi sighs and then rests her chin in her hand. Zilchus’ muscles and height, Stelle’s heroism and bartending, Florence’s compassion and responsibility, Kosei’s charm and wit. I want to take something from each party member and Frankenstein the perfect woman! Nidhi sits up suddenly, blinking. She was feeling a lot better compared to this morning. Perhaps it was from eating her favorite food.

Sopdet-Ka “Stelle” wrote:
Stelle wanders to the library after Milki's to find her father and take him to his favorite restaurant. Attired in everyday robes, (courtesy of the sleeves) Stelle picks up her share of loot and dons her monocle to peer at her wish list. Slinging the bag of holding over her shoulder, she wanders off silently towards the Smithy, but not before checking into Jharna's shop.

The bard remembers the long hours they’d (Group I) spent with Ben pouring over documents and wrinkles her nose. She still disliked the patience and quietness of a library but the idea of research seemed slightly, slightly, more appealing than it had before. Something about nearly dying a terrible, violent death did that to a person.

Nidhi is disappointed to learn Stelle has gone to the library, but when she realizes it’s to spend time with family, Nidhi wholeheartedly understands. What a woman, Nidhi’s cheeks warm as she thinks about how cool Stelle is. I might have more in common with Stelle than I originally thought, Nidhi muses. And the halfling knew how to fight.

So, Nidhi accompanies Florence to the Sunburst Market to refill her quiver and shop for boots. (Abdur was taking care of her other items since they were getting upgraded.) Nidhi makes sure to eat a lot of breakfast so she’d not woefully missing the street food. Since she’s with at least one other party member, Nidhi casts Disguise Self for the second time that day to hide her mask. It wasn’t out of fear of being found, but rather trying to avoid price mark-up. Nidhi grew up in Wati and was the granddaughter of a shop owner, so she knew some sellers inflated their prices based on the buyer appearance. The problem wasn’t as bad in Wati as Tephu, Nidhi realized. The realization made her grateful for her experiences.

After a fun mid-morning shopping spree with Florence, Nidhi returns to Jharna’s shop. It was Summer and Nidhi could immediately feel the difference between the outside heat and the relief of her Grandmother’s shop. Nidhi was surprised to see Stelle had come to visit. Jharna was already kneeling, giving Annie an animated tummy rub. The older woman was quite spry and dexterous for someone her age. “What a good, Annie. Such a brave, loyal, Annie, aren’t you?” Jharna commends the hound.

Stuffing was also present, apparently drawn into the building from all the commotion, with the five growing chicks in tow. Most of the chicks still have their soft downy feathers, but two of them are starting to sprout adult feathers. Nidhi temporarily mourns having missed the few weeks of their littlest days. She knew they must have been adorable. They were still adorable, but they’d clearly grown since she’d been away.

Stuffing struts her way over to Jharna and Annie, inserting herself under Jharna’s petting hand and bawking indignantly. How dare you pet another! Then at Annie as if to say: If you have a problem, you have to take it up with my crew. The five baby chicks had followed Stuffing obediently into the house, but now seem a bit overwhelmed by the number of guests in the store. The chicks peep and manage their own little struts, flanking Annie, Jharna, Stelle, and Nidhi from the rear of the store. Stuffing and the chicks seem to remember Annie from the last visit.

Jharna notices what’s going on and picks up Stuffing to carry her back outside. The chicks obediently follow, audibly reminding Jharna of their presence. Jharna returns a minute later, wiping her hands on her apron after washing them in the basin. “Stelle, dear, what can I do for you? Another banner perhaps?” Jharna’s eyes twinkle. “Any friend of Nidhi’s get’s the fastest service.” Jharna motions to the threadbare chaise longue for them to sit so they can discuss Stelle’s reason for visiting – be it business or pleasure. Jharna pulls Nidhi’s cloak into her lap and continues to embroider, her gnarled hands proving to be quite proficient with the needle.

Nidhi offers to walk with Stelle back to the Tooth and Hookah. “We should probably talk with the others to determine what we’re doing next.” Spending time with Stelle makes Nidhi feel wholesome. She turns to smile down at the halfling, “sooo, what did you and you father discuss?” Her expression turns serious, “what does your dad think about you adventuring?” Nidhi looks straight ahead: “Grandmother doesn’t seem to mind me going out. She actually encourages it.” Nidhi lets out a short laugh, “you’d think she doesn’t care about me, but then, when I get back, she’d always there to cook me a hot meal, wash my clothes, and listen to my problems.” The bard smiles, recalling fond memories. “She’s all I have, you know. But, if I had to choose: a whole gaggle of family or just her – I’d pick her every time.”

Nidhi opens the way inside the Tooth and Hookah, offering Stelle and Annie room to enter first. Nidhi follows in behind them, looking around for Florence, Bynx, Kosei, and Zilchus. She orders a pale ale at the bar and is quick to join her companions. She leans in conspiratorially, "I think we should get the bartender drunk and send Stelle up in his stead. Can anyone say 'free round on the house?'" Nidhi twirls a circle in the air with her index finger, grinning mischievously. "I think we've earned it." Nidhi looks contemplative. "I mean, I could just tell him a tale of our latest exploits but I think my original idea is much more fun." She turns to Zilchus, "have you showered yet? I couldn't tell from your morning breath. It's harder to pander for free drinks when you smell like a barn." Nidhi turns to smile at Kosei, imagining that a person as charming and witty as him must always smell good. He probably conjured his own water and bath salts out of thin air. The suave guy oozed magic.

"Flo, you're with me right? A free round of drinks for the valiant heroes of Wati?"

__________________________
Jharna and Other Important Interactions (Timeline)
Sunday, 1 Sarenith, 4714: Jharna Introduced
Oathday, 5 Sarenith, 4714: Jharna’s, Ginger referenced again
Fireday, 6 Sarenith, 4714: Jharna and Nidhi gossip about Nidhi’s first love (Cahal)
Sunday, 8 Sarenith, 4714: Nidhi tells Jharna about the Necropolis
Moonday, 9 Sarenith, 4714: Jharna and Nidhi discuss the purpose of life
Moonday, 9 Sarenith, 4714: Nidhi admires Jharna’s work
Wealday, 11 Sarenith, 4714: Nidhi’s and Zilchus’ differing opinions
Wealday, 11 Sarenith, 4714: Jharna’s Shop post-undead uprising
Oathday, 12 Sarenith, 4714: rescuing Ptememnib
Starday, 14 Sarenith, 4714: Nebta-Khufre did WHAT to his gma?!
Sunday, 15 Sarenith, 4714: Jharna mends Nidhi’s clothes
Moonday, 30 Sareith, 4714: Red fabric hides blood stains
Fireday, 4 Erastus, 4714: Jharna formally meets Stelle and Annie
{Stuff happened in the desert}
Toilday, Erastus 29, 4714: Nidhi returns from the desert
Wealday, Erastus 30, 4714: Nidhi struggles with mortality


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 13/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Wow Nidhi! You are a really productive writer! :O

The purple eyed black cat enjoys for a while toying with Anubis-Ka leaving a trail before it stops leaving a trace and disappears into one of the radiant gardens of Wati.

Kosei the black sniffs other cats but tries to stay away. It does though devote to baklava gathering, and purrs at whatever humonoid that leaves some for him.

On the afternoon he goes back with the others and stays among while they discuss about Ben's location. He does devote to lick one of his paws for the baklava remains there while observing Bynx and Anubis-Ka with curiosity.

6,201 to 6,250 of 8,070 << first < prev | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.