GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


5,801 to 5,850 of 8,249 << first < prev | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Geez. Sorry. Three day power outage.

Kosei wrote:
Without hesitation, Kosei casts lockjaw on adjacent's Stelle's mount to strengthen its prowess.

Round 1 addendum, (Swift) Blades Above and Below, No Move

Round 2, Init 22

Thank you! Stelle urges Anubis forward. "Blind-fight!"
Anubis, Blind (Grab), 1/12: 1d20 + 17 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 3 = 22 +Amulet, +Lockjaw, +Inspire
Miss, High hits: 1d100 ⇒ 48
?, High hits: 1d100 ⇒ 47

ugh

Stelle bashes at where she thinks it is with her shield while Anubis tries to get a grip.

Bash: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 1 = 35 +Inspire, +Flank, -PA, +Prayer
for Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 8 = 12 +Inspire, +PA

Bash: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 1 = 20 +Inspire, +Flank, -PA, +Prayer
for Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 8 = 13 +Inspire, +PA

Bash: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 4 + 1 = 7 +Inspire, +Flank, -PA, +Prayer
for Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 8 = 12 +Inspire, +PA

**~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
||
||+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)*
||+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone)*
||
||+2 Flank (Melee, Everyone, Round 1/9)
||
||
||
||
||
||~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
||
|| *Banner
||
**

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 73/77
Annie: Hits: 65/76 (4.5 x HD +Con)
Stelle AC: 29
Anubis AC: 30
Buffs:

Saves:
Fort: +11 (Base, +1 Con, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck)
Reflex: +14 (Base, +2 Dex, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck, +2 Belt of Dex)
Will: +7/+11 vs. Fear (Base, +1 Blood of Pharaohs, +1 Luck, +1 Cloak, +2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 4/5

AC: 29 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1, Dodge, +Belt Dex +2) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +12/+7/+2 (+2 Lance, +2 Str, -4 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+12 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


Round 2, Init 17

Zilchus calls upon a bit more magics before laying into the near vrock.

1d20 + 18 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 18 + 3 + 4 = 38 to hit; (+bard, +DF)
2d4 + 21 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 21 + 3 + 2 + 4 = 36 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope,+DF)

1d20 + 11 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 3 + 4 = 35 to hit; (+bard, +DF)
2d4 + 21 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 21 + 3 + 2 + 4 = 35 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope,+DF)

Pot crit:
1d20 + 11 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 3 + 4 = 32 to hit; (+bard, +DF)
2d4 + 21 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 21 + 3 + 2 + 4 = 34 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope,+DF)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 94/98
AC: 30/26 (7 armor + 2 dex, 1 dodge, +4 buckler +2 ring + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 3 SoF

DF 1/10
Weap: 2/12 rounds used (+3 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6)
Quick Prayer: 3/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/12 minutes used
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle's attack
images: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Stelle hits once, taking out an image, and gets close enough a second time to take out another.

Nidhi's attack
images: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Nidhi hits the remaining image with her first attack, and opens up the damage with her following shots.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Kosei begins the barrage with a pair of slams each of which take out an image. Stelle steps to the beast, and while Annubis fails to connect, she does take out a pair of images. Florence protects the party from the blight of disease. Nidhi hits the remaining image with her first shot, and opens up the damage with her following attacks. Zilchus connects twice, with a crit!

Everyone notices the creature is taking less damage than it should due to some form of strong DR. It remains standing, though heavily beaten with feathers flying everywhere!

It takes a 5’ step back, and disappears, having cast some form of teleportation!

Green Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 25
Green moves to the doorway and slashes at Zilchus angrily, not understanding it's confused state.
claw on Zilchus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 = 9

Red Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 93
Red closes behind Green, and while it doesn't get flank, it does attack it!
claw on Green: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 6) + 5 = 16
crit threat claw on Green: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2) + 5 = 10
images: 1d6 ⇒ 2 (removes an image)

Knowledge Arcana DC 23, Spellcraft DC 18, or Florence:
There's an effect of the confusion spell that applies here. Any confused character who is attacked automatically attacks its attackers on its next turn, as long as it is still confused when its turn comes.

So one demon just attacked the other, which will force a reciprocal attack if no one else attacks it. The two demons will then fight each other to the exclusion of all others until the spell wears off or one perishes.
- - -

- Round 3 -
Nasty Bird, blue - 24 (-109hp, fled)
Nasty Bird, green - 24 (4 images, confused, angry at red)
Nasty Bird, red - 24 (6 images, confused)
Kosei - 23 (-4hp, spored/immune)
Stelle - 22
Florence - 19 (-4hp, spored/immune)
Nidhi - 18
Zilchus - 17 (-4hp, spored/immune)

Next up - Everyone!


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 3, Initiative 19

As Florence watches one of the two remaining birds attack the other she laughs again, a little maniacally (for her). "Let them fight it out! My magic made them confused, unable to tell friend from foe, so as long as we don't intervene they'll keep swinging at each other until one of them dies or my magic wears off!"
______________

Florence will delay for the moment~


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Anubis chomps at the bit.

"GGRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

Pitbull-Ka! Let me at 'em!!!!!! +Lockjaw

"GGRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle holds Annie back following Flo's advice.

"Leave it, Annie!" Once the dog settles down, Stelle anchors her elbow upon his shoulder and props her chin up on her knuckles to watch the fight ensue.

How will this end, I wonder...?

Delay for now.


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

Unsure about what is going on but trusting Florence, Kosei waits and observes what happens. The Kosei-elemental does though look around trying to find where the other one hide itself.
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The battle rages on, as each opponent flails away at the other. The mirror images last but a round or so as their five attacks, each, shred them quickly.

…but then things slow down. It’s an incredibly punishing fight. They hit easily enough, but their high DR means that each hit is for but a trickle of blood. As such, their fight is a long an brutal one, each bird ripping into the other, over, and over, and over again. Feathers and viscera fly everywhere, covering the room in gore.

By the end of the spell, both birds are haggard, tired, and easy pickings for the party. Well, relatively easy pickings. They still have a trick or two up their sleeves, but nothing you can’t handle in their current state. Before long, the two birds lie bleeding at your feet, dying. The third does not return.

We are out of combat.

A reminder of the now blood soaked room. Along the northern wall of this room, six wooden dummies sag and lean under the weight of the armor they carry. Eight steel helmets, each one carved with an elaborate golden face mask, hang on the eastern wall. The faceplates of the helmets are distorted and defaced, as if melted by acid or fire. Thick, sickly green vines twine throughout the room, and black feathers litter the floor. A foul stench hangs in the air, as if something recently died here. And it did!


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"So I know that took a little while but at least it wasn't nearly as punishing, right?" Florence asks brightly as she scans the bloody room for traces of magical auras. "Anyway, I wonder what this was? A training room of some sort?"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Zilchus looks at Florence, thinking about striking, but then remember he's not an idiot and waits to see if Flo's words are true.

Take total defense.


Zilchus Lyghtlode wrote:
Zilchus looks at Florence, thinking about striking, but then remember he's not an idiot and waits to see if Flo's words are true.

Damn ninjas.

Zilchus nods at Florence for her excellent spell, yet again showing her worth to the party.

She's better than Ben by far, Zilch considers, still bitter at the man's betrayal.

Zilchus will enter and examine the room with Detect Magic.

1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40 Perception

"What were these damn birds doing in here?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 44/44 l AC: 21, T 14, FF 19 l CMD 13 (17 vs. trip) l F +3, Ref +6, W +10, Spell Resistance 19 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

"Maow?

Did we finally kill something I can eat?


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

+4 to Zilchus' Perception

Stelle buries her nose into her arm helps Zilchus survey the room.

It's just one thing after another in this place.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

It seems to be some sort of armory more than training room. Most of the equipment has long since rotted to uselessness, but a few choice, if heavy, pieces remain. The birds seem to have nested here, piling detritus into large supporting circles of refuse. But a few choice pieces can be salvaged from the mess with a thorough search.

Parade Armor plated with gold and inlaid with bejeweled lotus flower (+1 poison-resistant, 4,350gp)
Silken Ceremonial Armor made of gold-trimmed white linen with a heavy torc set with lapis lazuli (+2, 4,330gp)
The helmets, deliberately crafted in honor of Areshkagal, might be worth as much as 350 each to a collector (x8, 2,800gp)

- - -

Also, the door to your west leads to one large room, while the southern door leads deeper into the complex and closer to the cult leader.


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

Kosei-elemental moves around in excitement for the fight. After the party finishes registering the room, he moves to the western door and moves on the spot waiting for someone to open the doors. He says many words, but most of them are nothing more than rocks crackling.


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Well hey, pretty armor - maybe something good for one of you," Florence smiles slightly at Zilchus and Stelle. While they hash out what to take for themselves, if anything, Florence follows the big pile of talking rocks over to the western door and gives it a gander.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Zilchus picks through the armors like a grandmother at the farmer's market trying to find the right watermelon, scowling all the while.

"No wonder this place has gone to the birds, the armors here are drek," Zilchus tries to make a joke, but it's clear he is disappointed.

But the packs the valuables anyway, and is then ready to move to the next area.

He will let someone else open the doors so that he may react with both hands on his sword.


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Provided she doesn't spot anything amiss, Florence motions for Kosei the Rock to back up a little.

"Um, no offense, but you kind of...block the door when you're right there in front of it," she says apologetically before stepping to one side and pushing the door open herself.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Zilchus wrote:
"No wonder this place has gone to the birds, the armors here are drek,"

Stelle nods. "They are," she says, helping Zilchus pack. "but they are a decent penny."

Flo wrote:
Florence follows the big pile of talking rocks over to the western door and gives it a gander. "Um, no offense, but you kind of...block the door when you're right there in front of it,"

Stelle lines up, trying to prepare for anything, but mostly the western door -- which might not be the door Florence is standing in front of on the map.

Because. Map. Askew.


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

You mean that north isn't toward the top of my screen?

....

...position adjusted.


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

Kosei seems surprised by Florence push, but the Rock just slides to the side and lets her pass and open the door. The Kosei looks through to try find what they have uncovered.
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

A short corridor extends beyond the door, ending at a crackling sheet of lightning that blocks the end of the hallway. The smell of a summer storm fills the air, and the sizzling of the lightning makes normal conversation impossible near the barrier. Lady Sophronia’s forces did not pierce the electrical barrier so she does not know what lies beyond it.


Zilchus enters the room after casting Resist Energy Electricity.

"What's going on in here?" Zilchus yells over the static, looking around.

1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28 Perception


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi stands with her bow out still, behind the other party members. See map. She looks on, at the crackling sheet of lightning that blocks the end of the hallway. "How are we supposed to get past that?" The bard looks doubtfully at the forked light, pulsing dangerously in front of them.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

Nidhi flips her long, thick braid over her shoulder. "Maybe I can disable it? Wait... what about those stones? Maybe we need to socket the three of them at that altar?" The bard looks at her companions for input. Then, she adds: "maybe we should head North?"


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15
GM Euan wrote:
A short corridor extends beyond the door, ending at a crackling sheet of lightning that blocks the end of the hallway. The smell of a summer storm fills the air, and the sizzling of the lightning makes normal conversation impossible near the barrier.

"Ohohohohohooohoh!" Anubis whines, flattening his ears back against his head, wagging his tail furiously. It's wet earth, worms! Grass!. Anubis spins, both wanting to dive into the space and stay as far away as possible from the annoying sizzling noise.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Auto +4 to Zilchus' Percept.

"Ooh, that does smell nice!" Stelle exclaims, surprised by Annie's dancing.

Nidhi wrote:
"Wait... what about those stones? Maybe we need to socket the three of them at that altar? ...maybe we should head North?"

There is a place we missed back there...

"Yes! Maybe we will find the remaining key this way!" Stelle says, urging to move Anubis towards the eastern door.

She glances back over her shoulder at the lightning sheet. Is it a doorway of some kind?

Assuming we left these doors open as we moved west, Stelle will keep going to the far eastern door.


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Spellcraft (Barrier): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31

"I don't know but maybe we should backtrack like Stelle said!" Florence shouts in reply. As Stelle moves back towards the easternmost door they have yet to open, Florence follows and gives it a quick inspection.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Nidhi Aashirya wrote:
"How are we supposed to get past that?"

”WHAT!?” Zilchus screams back, not hearing. ”Cows are oppressed and my cats are fat!?”

How *dare* you! If I had a cat it would be delightfully well fed. Zilchus gives Nidhi a cross stare.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 11

Zilchus:
You take precisely 14hp damage from the curtain as you step through…

A wide square stone platform stands in the center of the room. Shallow stone steps lead up to the platform on each side of the square. A stone slab hangs from the ceiling on thick iron chains, mirroring the platform on the floor, but with a ball of green fire at each corner (continual flame). Beyond, the massive stone head and shoulders of a sphinx protrude from the far wall. The carving stretches from floor to ceiling, and its face is a featureless mass of jagged edges and chipped stone - looks like another symbolization of Areshkagal. Life-sized carved images of kneeling supplicants on the walls ring the chamber, facing the sphinx. The ceiling climbs to 50’, the stone platform is 5’ up and the slab of stone hangs 40’ above.

You may read below with See Invisibility or the like.

Spoiler:
The hanging slab is studded with iron spikes on the bottom, as if it’s designed to fall and crush whomever is below. It looks quite rusted now, and you doubt it would function as intended however. No need to disarm.
- - -

You notice that the hanging slab is designed to fall and crush whomever is below it. It looks quite rusted now, and you doubt it would function as intended however. No need to disarm.

Of more interest is the marid crouched in the far corner of the room, looking sad. This being resembles a powerful giant with hairless blue-green skin, deep blue eyes, flamboyant eyebrows, and pearlescent teeth.

You may read below with a Knowledge Planes DC 19 check.

Spoiler:
Marids are genies. CN Large outsider (extraplanar, water)
- - -

- - -

Zilchus slips through the electrical wall as the other members of the party begin drifting back toward other avenues as the paladin and her ilk did centuries before. However, even with Stelle's aid, you hear nothing through the doors you try.

And yes, the map is annoying, but North is to the left side of the map. There's a compass in the middle near the top if it helps (but I forget too).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Whoops, somehow missed the part about Zilchus actually moving into the room!

As they finish looking around at the easternmost door, Florence suddenly realizes that Zilchus isn't behind them like she thought he would be.

"Wait...where's Zilchus? Did he actually go through that barrier back there???"

Florence sighs. "This is the last place we want to be splitting up in. Let's make sure we're all together before we open this one, okay?"

She makes her way back along the halls towards the barrier room, stopping once she reaches it.

"Hey! Zilchus! Are you okay in there?"


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

Kosei-elemental makes some gestures very difficult to interpret, but he seems to have a moment of decision and borrows around the rock avoiding the crackling electricity but joining Zilchus into the room "איך בין נישט לאָזן מיין פרייַנד גיין אַליין, קיין פייער פון די זון וועט נישט לאָזן זיין נייַ פרייַנד גיין אַליין"

Terran:
"I am not letting my friend go alone, no the Fire of the Sun will not let his new friend go alone"


Zilchus steps back through the curtain of lightning to report. He does his best to describe what he sees in the spoiler below, yelling and gesturing and still annoyed about someone thinking he has a fat cat.

What Z saw:
A wide square stone platform stands in the center of the room. Shallow stone steps lead up to the platform on each side of the square. A stone slab hangs from the ceiling on thick iron chains, mirroring the platform on the floor, but with a ball of green fire at each corner (continual flame). Beyond, the massive stone head and shoulders of a sphinx protrude from the far wall. The carving stretches from floor to ceiling, and its face is a featureless mass of jagged edges and chipped stone - looks like another symbolization of Areshkagal. Life-sized carved images of kneeling supplicants on the walls ring the chamber, facing the sphinx. The ceiling climbs to 50’, the stone platform is 5’ up and the slab of stone hangs 40’ above.

"So...it was a little zap from the electricity as I passed through, but not too bad," Zilchus explains the effect of the curtain against his resistance to shock.

"Do you all want to come through or find another way around? Or under?" Zilchus asks.


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"I don't know...didn't you ward yourself to resist the lightning before you went in?" Florence asks, looking a bit dubious. "Unless we can do that for everyone we're probably going to get more of a shock trying to get through."

Florence pauses and takes a deep breath. She feels a pang of regret at not preparing her Dimension Door spell that morning but there's no sense crying over spilled milk.

"But if that's what we need to do then I'll do it."


HP: 44/44 l AC: 21, T 14, FF 19 l CMD 13 (17 vs. trip) l F +3, Ref +6, W +10, Spell Resistance 19 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +12, Low-Light Vision, Scent Male Cat

"Maow? Maow!"

This lightning makes my fur stand on end! I don't like it! And I'm not fat, either!


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Me too!

Florence wrote:
"Wait...where's Zilchus? Did he actually go through that barrier back there???"

Stelle stops Anubis in his tracks, nods to Florence and follows her back to the sheet lightning room.

Zilchus wrote:
"Do you all want to come through or find another way around? Or under?"

Another way might be nice...

Florence wrote:
She feels a pang of regret at not preparing her Dimension Door ... "But if that's what we need to do then I'll do it."

"Did we want to rest? Or did we want to look around a little more, rest and then come back here?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Oh, I missed a bit where Nidhi asks about disabling the electrical wall. She is unable to find anything to interact with to disable it.

Also, in case it wasn't clear, Kosei, you may read Zilchus' spoiler above, as you see the same things he does.

I'm imagining the party has moved a little away from the wall of electricity to discuss their options without yelling at the top of their lungs. I've moved you accordingly on the map.

So, what's the plan?


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

"I think we should find another way. This place is huge," Nidhi tilts her head, places one hand on her hip, and gestures at the large expanse with her longbow. However, she isn't able to hold her weapon one-handed for long and quickly grasps onto it with her other hand.

Let's go North!


Zilchus agrees with the idea of exploring a few more rooms, then maybe resting. Resting and preparing some ways to avoid the zaps in this room might be a good plan.

"Alright, a few more rooms then..." Zilchus moves 'north' to the secret door and examines it before waiting for others to open.

1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28 Perception


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

There's the secret door and the regular door.

The secret door leads to a crypt according to your paladin friend, and the regular door to a large altar chamber. Looks like Zilchus is ready at the secret door. Do others concur? Please move your characters on the map as well... er, for no particular reason.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle follows Zilchus to the secret door. A look of concern crosses her face when she observes the angle of the wall.

"Ready when everyone else is," she says, and patiently waits for the door to be opened.


HP 153/153 AC 29 24 TAC 14 FF 28 23 | CMD 25 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 15/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 7/7+3/4 L2: 5/7+0/1 L3: 5/7 L4: 5/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 4/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 1/2 Ext: 1/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 15h, m.fang 15h, life bubble 5h, barkskin 50m, WW15h

Kosei seems ready, just moving after the stout front liners of the group!


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence nods in agreement. "Pressing on a little more sounds like a plan to me. Maybe we can find something that'll let us bypass the barrier - because they surely had a way to either do that or turn it off, right?"

She follows along with Zilchus and the others and readies herself for whatever might lie beyond the secret door they'd found...


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

GM Rolls:
1d3 ⇒ 1

Zilchus opens the secret door to reveal a stone sarcophagus resting in the center of the room. Carved from pale sandstone, the sarcophagus depicts the figure of a woman holding a serpent in each hand. Though the figure’s body has been carefully carved to appear young and voluptuous, her face is blank and featureless. Small stone plinths stand at the head and foot of the sarcophagus, each one holding a small golden box.

Unfortunately, one of Areshkagal’s most faithful cultists was interred in this tomb, but she has not rested in her sarcophagus for some time. Shortly after her entombment, she rose as an undead and now stands, silent and watchful, in this dark room - lit by the parties many lights. A demon stands before her, seemingly on an invisible chain, writhing and slathering to charge the party. This emaciated figure looks like a horned human skeleton smothered within a bone-tight hide of slimy leather.

With a laugh, the gaunt woman releases her demon and prepares herself for battle!

Knowledge Religion DC 28:
She is some form of nasty customized (and therefor rare/unique) Zombie Lord, CE Medium undead.
- - -

Knowledge Planes DC 16:
It is a Babau Demon, CE Medium outsider (chaotic, demon, evil, extraplanar).
- - -

- Round 1 -
Nidhi - 17
Zilchus - 15
Florence - 14
Stelle - 13
Good Folks - 12
Kosei - 4

Initiative Rolls:

Florence 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Kosei 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Nidhi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Stelle 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Zilchus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Good Folks 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

First up - everyone but Kosei for the start of round one!


1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 Know (religion)

”Zombie? Lord, that’s an ugly one,” Zilchus mutters as he examines the creature.

Waiting for Nidhi.


Nidhi? Anyone?

Zilchus sizes up their foes.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 SR check


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Knowledge (Religion) DC28: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Knowledge (Planes) DC16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Round 1:

The bard gives the undead woman a look over. "Talk about catfishing a Babau Demon. She does not look like her statue!"

Still holding her longbow in her hands (see previous post), Nidhi begins to sing and casts Good Hope on the party. What an awkward place to fight in, Nidhi tightens her grip on her weapon. She tries to assess the situation, unsure what her party will do. And wondering if the enlarged Kosei can even fit through the doorway.

Inspire Courage: +3 (level 11) morale bonus on Saving Throws against charm and fear, +3 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Good Hope: Standard Action, 100ft + 10ft/level, one living creature/level within 30ft. +2 morale bonus on saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls

Nidhi Spell Tally:
Perform 11/32 used
7 1st-level available
7 2nd-level available
4 3rd-level available, Good Hope (party), Good Hope (party), Good Hope (party)
4 4th-level available


Round 1, Init 17

Zilchus moves up 30' and strikes at the babau-babau-bau-ba-ba-bau with is falchion.

1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 35 to hit; (+hero, +bard)
2d4 + 21 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 21 + 2 + 2 = 30 adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

Stats of Zilch:

[ dice]1d20+18+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

[ dice]1d20+11+2+2[/dice] to hit; (+hero, +bard)
[ dice]2d4+21+2+2[/dice] adamantine slashing damage. (+bard,+hope)

HP: 98/98
AC: 30/26 (7 armor + 2 dex, 1 dodge, +4 buckler +2 ring + 2 insight + 2 natural) + 3 SoF

DF 1/10
Weap: 2/12 rounds used (+3 bonus/flame/frost)
Grunting/Summoning: 2/9 used (+6)
Quick Prayer: 3/9 used
PoP1: 0/1 used
Armor: 0/12 minutes used
Crocodilic Channel: 1/2 used/smite: 0/4 used (6d6)
Gr. Magic Weapon (+3); Magic Vestment (+3).

Smite: not used
Grit: not used
Panache: are you kidding me?
Ki: not used
Rage: maybe later


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Round 1, Init 13

Getting ready to charge, Stelle finds her path blocked first by Zilchus, then by both Zilchus and Nidhi.

She drops her shield, sheaths her lance and draws her glaive.

Double move.


HP: 89/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 3/6, L2: 5/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 5/5, L6: 4/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Round 1, Initiative 14

Kn. Religion (DC 28): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Kn. Planes (DC 16): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 Immunities, please.

Florence moves up after Zilchus, getting a better look into the room. "Great, more demons..." she sighs upon spotting the babau. But the gaunt, ugly-looking woman thing gives her pause.

"Um...nope!" Florence remarks as she tries to blind them both with a burst of glitter.

Spells & Powers:

6th - Cone of Cold, Greater Heroism
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment x 2, Hold Monster
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Greater False Life
3rd - Disable Construct, Dispel Magic, Fly, Lightning Bolt, Prayer
2nd - Euphoric Cloud, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, See Invisibility
1st - Bless, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shadow Trap, Snowball, Unbreakable Heart
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize

Lesser Extend Rod (2/3)

Fortune Hex Uses: Nidhi, Stelle
Healing Hex Uses:


______________

Florence moves to her current position and casts Glitterdust; DC 17 Will save.

5,801 to 5,850 of 8,249 << first < prev | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.