GM Euan's Mummy's Mask

Game Master Euan

Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet
Osirion Map - Wati City Map - Tephu City Map


6,101 to 6,150 of 8,069 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Cavalier/15

+3 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (Everyone)
+2 morale bonus on attack rolls made as part of a charge(Everyone)
+2 Flank (Melee, Everyone, Round 4/9 (Blades ^&v)
+4 circumstance bonus to hit the Sphinxter

AoOStab: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 4 = 30 -PA, +Courage, +Flank, +Challenge
for Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 8 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 + 8 + 12 + 3 = 33 +PA, +Challenge, +Courage

"HOW DARE YOU, KILLING MY PRIEST OF WAR!" Stelle continues shrieking.

Stelle sees Kosei-allosaurus's mighty but friendly tail (at least to her) reach out and touch her, and it instantly bolsters her sense of fortification.

"Thank you!"

Stelle - Move for Death From Below

Stab: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 4 = 41 -PA, +Courage, +Flank, +Challenge, +Death
for Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 8 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + 8 + 12 + 3 = 28 +PA, +Challenge, +Courage

ConfirmCrit?: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 4 = 32 -PA, +Courage, +Flank, +Challenge, +Death
for Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 8 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 8 + 12 + 3 = 32 +PA, +Challenge, +Courage

Stab: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 4 = 18 -PA, +Courage, +Flank, +Challenge, +Death
for Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 8 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + 8 + 12 + 3 = 28 +PA, +Challenge, +Courage

Stab: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 4 + 2 + 4 = 17 -PA, +Courage, +Flank, +Challenge, +Death
for Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 8 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + 8 + 12 + 3 = 28 +PA, +Challenge, +Courage

Status:

Stelle: Hits: 59/77 (120 DR Adamantine)
Annie: Hits: 66/76 (4.5 x HD +Con)
Stelle AC: 29
Anubis AC: 30
Buffs:

Saves:
Fort: +11 (Base, +1 Con, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck)
Reflex: +14 (Base, +2 Dex, +1 Cloak, +1 Luck, +2 Belt of Dex)
Will: +7/+11 vs. Fear (Base, +1 Blood of Pharaohs, +1 Luck, +1 Cloak, +2 Fearless, +2 Banner)

Challenge: 3/5

AC: 29 (+3 Shield, Size, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1, Dodge, +Belt Dex +2) flat footed = 22 (Size, +10 plate armor, Amulet of Nat. Armor +1),Touch = 13 (+2 dex, +1 Size)

BAB: +12/+7/+2 (+2 Lance, +2 Str, -4 PA, +4 when charging with Annie, +1 when charging)
MIGHTY CHARGE -- Combat Maneuver

Heavy Shield (mithral): (+1to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA damage) (x2 on a Crit), (+12 on challenge)
Lance, MW: (+2 to hit) ((1d6+Str+PA+Lance)x3(Spirited Charge)), (x6 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Hammer (Ag): (+1 to hitMW) (1d3+Str+PA +1damage), (x2 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Glaive (Cold Fe): (+1 to hitMW) (1d8+Str+PA+1 damage), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Scimitar (Cold Fe: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Str+P+1 damage), (x2 on an 18-20 Crit), (+8 on challenge)
Composite Shortbow: (+1 to hitMW) (1d4+Dex +2 Str damage +1), (x3 on a Crit), (+8 on challenge)


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Nidhi GMPC directs the monkey swarm toward this new threat (move action). The swarm, well, swarms over the ground from the crocodile to the sphinx and covers her lower half with screaming mad monkeys damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7 Unfortunately their damage does not pierce her DR, so no nausea is possible. Nidhi then takes a single shot with her bow - hoping to wound the guardian further, but she misses. Florence attempts to befuddle the creature - cursing it into weakness - and while she overcomes SR, she discovers the sphinx is immune to ‘mind-effecting effects’ and so is un-cursed. Zilchus remains dead. Stelle hits with her AoO, and critical on the beast on her turn, finally bringing it low. Kosei moves to protect Stelle, but with the creature down, and likely dead, he may withdraw his aid and save the spell.

Nidhi Bow: 1d20 + 18 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 18 + 3 = 26 damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 3 + (3, 6) = 19

She convulses as she dies and the whole complex seems to settle. There’s a brief flicker of light, and Nidhi’s bow glows the less bright for its powers. (You no longer have the ‘holy’ attribute as granted by Lady Sophronia.)

The room grows quiet as the sounds of battle fade away and the realization sets in that the party lost one of their own. Well, except for the screaming monkeys who don't go away for a minute or two.

- Round 4 -
Nidhi - 11
Florence - 9
Zilchus - 5 (-141hp, dead)
- Round 5 -
Stelle - 18 (-17hp)
Anubis - 18 (-17hp)
Kosei - 15 (-78hp)
Mummified Crocodile - 14 (-142hp, dead…er again. Missing jaw.)
Sphinx - 14 (-224hp, dead (no longer healing))

We are out of initiative.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle looks at the fallen Sphinx, encrusted with both her own blood and Zilchus', and looks at the space in which she last saw Zilchus standing.

WWhere... where is he? It's nothing but piles of...

Unable to really comprehend at what it is she is looking, Stelle looks away surpressing a gag.

With a tear in her eye, she then she gets angry.

"FOR ZILCHUS!"

Coup de grâce: 3d6 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (3, 4, 3) + 3 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 12 = 39 +Courage, +Flank, Challenge, +PA

Coup de grâce (encore): 3d6 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (2, 5, 6) + 3 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 12 = 42 +Courage, +Flank, Challenge,+PA

Coup de grâce (encore): 3d6 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (4, 4, 2) + 3 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 12 = 39 +Courage, +Flank, Challenge,+Pa

Coup de grâce (encore): 3d6 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (2, 6, 3) + 3 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 12 = 40 +Courage, +Flank, Challenge+Pa

Coup de grâce (encore): 3d6 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 12 ⇒ (5, 3, 3) + 3 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 12 = 40 +Courage, +Flank, Challenge+Pa

Stelle beats on the Sphinx with her lance until Anubis tires of the spatter and backs away.

She turns to the group. "What can we do?" She glances over where Zilchus once stood. Being uneducated in the ways of magic she asks hopefully, "Is it possible to put him back together again?"


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Anubis sighs. Time to give this up..., and retrieves the Effigy of Anubis (link) out from under his collar, hidden by his ruff.

He trots over to where Zilchus once stood, and carefully places it on the ground.

He then sits and looks at the group, grins, and wags his tail three times.

Time for Zilchus to come back!


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence slowly comes out of her dumbfounded shock as Anubis trots forward with the effigy and sets it down. She stares at it for a moment and then begins to laugh.

"Hah! Hahahaha...Anubis just answered your question for you! Yes, we can put him together again," Florence laughs. "This time, at least. Let's see..."

After making sure that the bodies of the gynosphinx and the mummy croc are well clear of the area, Florence takes her quarterstaff and smashes the effigy, spreading the diamond dust within over the blood and bits of flesh that were once Zilchus...


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 13/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

Kosei approaches brave Zilchus' corpse transforming back to his normal shape "By all the sands of the deserts of Osirion. Whom would have told an Sphinx could be so deadly evil?" the now humanoid Garundi takes the corpse by the head in a soft movement "By luck of the stars there is the Lion Sun with you, who has mastered from old scrolls of Tar-Kuata the rituals of bringing spirits back to nature. Would you Zilchus spirit want to know what nature has for you reborn?" Kosei talks to the air as if he could tell Zilchus is there listening to him.
Kosei basically can reincarnate a creature once a day without paying any material component. If Zilchus is interested on gambling with nature.

While standing with the dead he observes curious how Florence breaks the statuette and starts to spread the dust over Zilchus body.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi is too busy laughing at the chaos unfolding with her summoned monkeys to notice Zilchus falter. When Stelle's voice breaks through the monkeys' screaming, Nidhi centers her focus on the battle once more.

When the guardian falls, she dismisses the loud, chaotic creatures and rushes next to Florence to kneel at Zilchus' fallen form. The whole situation seemed incredulous. Zilchus was too strong to die. He was about as bright as a oat sack and as charming as a crocodile's smile, but he was the muscle of the party. Nidhi peers over his bloody form, unbelieving. No, he's not dead, Nidhi is beginning to panic. He's too big of a jerk to die! People like Zilchus don't die! Nidhi's nose gets pre-cry stuffy and her eyes feel hot.

Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:
She turns to the group. "What can we do?" She glances over where Zilchus once stood. Being uneducated in the ways of magic she asks hopefully, "Is it possible to put him back together again?"
Florence Corvina wrote:
"Hah! Hahahaha...Anubis just answered your question for you! Yes, we can put him together again," Florence laughs. "This time, at least. Let's see..."

"Should I cast some healing spells on his wounds ...before using the idol? Or will it take care of the cuts?" In spite of herself, Nidhi reaches towards Florence to link an arm around one of Florence's. Nidhi presses her forehead to Florence shoulder for comfort and lets out a little sob. She struggles to continue talking, grateful to have the mask covering her face. "Flo, you're so amazing. Knowing so much. About," Nidhi waves her hand, "this." Nidhi breaks away from Florence as quickly as she'd briefly linked arms with the other woman. Being next to Zilchus' motionless body felt too confrontational with reality despite being a Wati native.

Nidhi moves to stand near Stelle and crosses her arms over her chest defensively. She feels a little relief standing near the next available muscled form and contemplates getting on her knees to give pets to Annie. Nidhi's in the mental stage of needing some pet therapy.

Kosei Sharif-El-Sadad wrote:
"By all the sands of the deserts of Osirion. Whom would have told an Sphinx could be so deadly evil?" the now humanoid Garundi takes the corpse by the head in a soft movement "By luck of the stars there is the Lion Sun with you, who has mastered from old scrolls of Tar-Kuata the rituals of bringing spirits back to nature. Would you Zilchus spirit want to know what nature has for you reborn?" Kosei talks to the air as if he could tell Zilchus is there listening to him.

That's a lot of flowery language for a moment like this. (Although in any other situation the theatrical bard would be appreciating Kosei's use of language.) Indignantly, Nidhi exclaims: "Of course we're not allowing him to die! He isn't allowed to die!" She's in denial. Nidhi still fears death and that fear extends to her companions and grandmother. Not to mention, Zilchus had protected her on more than one occasion. Nidhi couldn't help but feel responsible for Zilchus, no matter how much they clashed and teased one another. He felt like a brother to her - most of the party did - and Nidhi was fiercely loyal to family.

Nidhi feels confident that Florence knows what she's doing. The woman had a multitude of magical abilities and, appearance wise, seemed to have evaded death herself at least once. Nidhi's eves focus on the mark on Florence's skin and remembers how she reacted to fire. If anyone in the party would be able to resurrect the belching, farting, falchion-wielding warrior, it'd be Florence. Her eyes dart to Kosei. However, the newest member of their party was proving to be full of more secrets than Nidhi could have ever anticipated. She watched with hopeful eyes as Florence works her magic with the Effigy of Anubis. She stands ready to provide healing assistance if requested, letting out the occasional sniffle under her mask.


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15
Nidhi wrote:
"Of course we're not allowing him to die! He isn't allowed to die!"

Anubis perks up his ears and cocks his head. What is that?! Sniffling?!

Anubis, now free from Stelle, moves over to Nidhi and leans against her.
"Don't worry. I'll protect us."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Kosei wrote:
"Would you Zilchus spirit want to know what nature has for you reborn?"

Stelle gasps. "Oh! As what do you suppose Zilchus would reincarnate!? OOH -- A Crocotaur, maybe! Can you imagine?! His own head, with the body of a crocodile! Zilchus the Crocotaur! Oh, can you make him come back as a Crocotaur, Kosei?! He wouldn't have to worry about his underthings ever again! ... Oh! Or maybe -- a Centaur! Just think! We could all take turns riding him!" She pats Anubis and scratches him lovingly behind the ears. "Of course, nothing could replace my Annie!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle mangles the sphinx corpse, ensuring it will not rise again - at least not without serious clerical aid. Kosei then offers another option to Zilchus. The as yet unbroken statue of Anubis has the power to speak with dead, and it does so - revealing Zilchus’ wishes. (Zilchus, you may reply in character, if you wish, to Kosei’s offer.)

Some time later, Florence breaks open the statue of Anubis, and sprinkles the diamond dust over the body of Zilchus. Nidhi worries about healing but decides, wisely, to wait and see what happens even as Anubis comforts her. Stelle suggests the mighty Crocotaur as a possible form for Zilchus’ return and turns to Kosei for confirmation.

Zilchus:

You pass out of consciousness, and beyond the river of life.

You realize you’re at the banks of a beautiful river, the reeds rustling in the smooth flow and light breeze - insects buzzing in the undergrowth. You’re in a line of people, all working their way to an enormous creature waiting in the shallows. Each supplicant comes before what can only be Rathos, Sobek’s chancellor, and challenges him to single combat. Each lose, to varying degrees, and the mighty Rathos whispers something into their ears.

Time must have passed, for you are suddenly before Rathos, standing in the shallow water. You have all the best you had, and you’ve never felt in better form. Your heart begins to race as you prepare for what must be the battle of your life. Suddenly, Rathos is whispering in your ear, It’s not your time. You have battles yet to face before you face me.”

He hands you a mummified crocodile egg and the light vanishes. When next they open, you see the party looking down on you just moments after the fight. You still clasp a mummified crocodile egg in your hands.
- - -


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"No, no one's allowed to die," Florence agrees. "Not this year, not yet." Then, after sprinkling the diamond dust over Zilchus, she steps back to watch. And wait.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The last thing Zilchus remembers before the dark were the large bouncing breasts of the magnificent she-sphinx as she bounded towards him, claws flashing.

He doesn't remember the claw that sliced his gut open.
Nor the claw that removed his left kidney.
Nor the raking claws that scrapped out the rest of his internal organs.

No...the last thing he remembers are the bouncing...the bouncing...the bouncing breasts coming for him.

Undeath:

Zilchus looks at Rathos, his face confused.

"You're not big boobs. You're dead...why aren't you the big boobs?" Zilchus asks, trying to remember if he can breathe even as he speaks. "What happened to the boobs?"

Zilchus shakes his head, trying to focus on the present.

"Wait? Didn't I kill you? Where are we? Why are you handing me an egg?" Zilchus asks, looking around again. He thinks for a moment, Rathos' words finally seeping into his brain, edging around the images of boobs.

"What do you mean I'm not ready to face you...I'll face you..." Zilchus prepares to draw his sword. And instead he opens his eyes.

Zilchus' eyes flutter, then slowly open. A gasp for air soon follows. He sits quietly on the ground for a moment, staring up at the ceiling and trying to remember how he got to where he was.

"Where are the boobs?" Zilchus asks, really confused, rolling up to prop himself on one elbow.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"....what?"

That wasn't the sort of response Florence expected from someone recently deceased and restored to life. She turns to the others, expression troubled.

"I'm not sure if that's the best possible sign or the worst possible sign. What do you all think?"


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 13/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"Ah! The Zilchus seems just a bit confused... was he just passed away at Calistra's court enjoying his initial rest..." Kosei smiles and helps the man to stand up "We made it Zilchus the Restored, the Sphyncx is cleared of the cult now! Are you ready to finish our exploration?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15
Zilchus wrote:
"Where are the boobs?"

Zilchus asks, really confused, rolling up to prop himself on one elbow.

Stelle sighs in commiseration with Florence.

"I only see one boob, and I'm looking right at him," she states, looking at Zilchus. "Maybe we should kill him again, then reincarnate him as a Crocotaur...?"

"Florence, could you hit Anubis and myself with the wand?"

HealingSpam:

Stelle
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Anubis
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

When everyone is ready, she heads toward the double doors to the west and listens.

Percept: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Stelle hears nothing through the thick heavy door. It is closed, but not locked - just as most of the doors down here.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Hmm...? Oh! I'm so sorry, I forgot you and Anubis were injured too," Florence gasps, looking guilty as she draws one of the healing wands and mends the duo's wounds.

"Um...maybe we should wait a little bit to make sure Zilchus is okay before we try going anywhere," Florence then adds, squatting down to study her newly risen friend. "Zilchus...how do you feel? What's the last thing you remember?"

Heal: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


Zilchus shakes his head, still very confused. He tries rising, then slumps back down, very tired. He takes a few deep breaths and tries to rise again...again only getting to his elbow.

”What happened? Last thing I remember is that we had to kill my new pet crocodile, then I spun to face two gigantic...somethings...then everything went blank,” Zilchus explains, still too weak to get up.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The Effigy of Anubis brought Zilchus back from the dead as if using Raise Dead. As such, Zilchus has 12hp (as this happened prior to leveling he has the HP from that as well), and two negative levels. Don’t worry about losing spells.

Assuming someone tossed his spleen back in his body prior to raising, everything is otherwise made whole and Zilchus is intact.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle pauses, noticing the floundering Zilchus for the first time. She leaps off of Anubis and makes her way toward him to look deep into his eyes.

"Oh!" she exclaims. "I apologize! I didn't realize being dead was so exhausting!" Satisfied by what she sees in Zilchus' eyes, she straightens up and continues, "You look like you're still mostly dead. You rest up, Annie and I will keep watch."


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Yeah, he's going to be weaker for the experience until we can get some restorative magics applied and I don't just mean healing," Florence agrees. "Patching up the rest of the physical damage I can do but restoring the vitality he's lost is a little beyond me," she sighs.

She looks over at Kosei. "You carry some powerful magics, if you can bring souls back in new forms. Is there anything you can do for him?"


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 13/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"Oh, you seem really tired Sir Restored" Kosei nods to Florence and touches Zilchus and his wounds quickly close up as he does so, the bones recomposing there where the Sphynx abused the man.
Applyinc healer's hands
Heal DC 20: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 28 +18 hp
Heal DC 20: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (2) + 24 = 26 +18 hp
Heal DC 20: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (10) + 24 = 34 +31 hp
Heal DC 20: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (2) + 24 = 26 +18 hp
Heal DC 20: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (10) + 24 = 34 +31 hp
Zilchus Total Healing: 18 + 18 + 31 + 18 + 31 = 116

The Garundi touches Zilchus arm one last time "Ah, his body is restored now... but there is little magic I can do for the tiredness on his soul"

Noticing also his injuries, Kosei also restores his own body after so badly beaten by the crocodile "A man should learnt where to have their baths..."
Heal DC 20: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (17) + 24 = 41 +31 hp
Heal DC 20: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (18) + 24 = 42 +31 hp
Kosei Total Healing: 31 + 31 = 62
HP: 109/111

Healer's hand daily uses: 0/12

I do not know if you others need more healing but I can use spells for that


Zilchus does feel *significantly* better after Kosei healings, so much that he’s even willing to concede that he might have dozed off in the middle of combat or died for a brief bit, by choice, of course.

”I was mostly dead? What? That doesn’t make any sense because I was always feeling somewhat alive,” Zilchus finally rolling to a knee in preparation of trying to stand after a few more breaths.

”Those are some nice hands you have there, Kosei. Seems crazy that you’re not tied down in matrimony to some wide hipped woman who took you for a husband so your hands are always near,” he quips, still trying to find his footing.

Zilchus grunts and lurches to his feet, leaving his blade on the ground for the moment, then slowly reaching down to pick it up. He doesn’t remember dropping the blade, but he must have.

He sheathes his sword, hoping he doesn’t need to draw it anytime soon soon.

”So...where were we? Uhm...we were looking for some tiles?” Zilchus’ seems a bit confused.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"No, we did that already," Florence explains. "We opened up the passage using the tiles and now we're in the...basement?"

She thinks for a moment and then nods.

"Yeah, that's a good a word as any to describe it. We're in the basement of the sphinx. We killed those things over there," Florence points at the corpses of the croc mummy and the gynosphinx, "and uh...well, here we are."

Florence points towards the only other door - besides the one leading back up and out. "And there's still more to go, it looks like. Do you think you'll be okay to keep going, after a little rest?"


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Fascinated, Stelle watches Kosei work his healing handy magic. Wow... people can do that?

Kosei wrote:
Noticing also his injuries, Kosei also restores his own body after so badly beaten by the crocodile "A man should learnt where to have their baths..."

Stelle nods solemnly, looking at the Garundi in awe. "Indeed. We all should look before we leap."

Zilchus wrote:
"So...where were we? Uhm...we were looking for some tiles?”
Florence wrote:
" ... we're in the...basement? Yeah, that's a good a word as any to describe it. We're in the basement of the sphinx. We killed those things over there,"

"Also, judging by the fact that Nidhi's bow is no longer glowing a faintly golden hue, it would seem that we have dispatched with all of the cultists." She glances up at the ceiling of the basement chamber. "If true, Lady Sophronia is well on her way to eternal rest."

"Unlike you --", she looks pointedly at Zilchus. Thankfully. "So, when you're ready -- and we likely could rest here for as long as you need -- we should then press onward."

Stelle maintains her watch with Anubis taking turns if necessary, until everyone is ready to move ahead.


Sopdet-Ka "Stelle" wrote:

"Unlike you --", she looks pointedly at Zilchus. Thankfully. "So, when you're ready -- and we likely could rest here for as long as you need -- we should then press onward."

Zilchus squints as if seeing Stelle for the very first time.

”Wait. Are you Ben? Oh no...oh wait...” Zilchus shakes his head, trying to find reality. ”Oh, wait, Ben is that guy who betrayed us. You’re that halfaur we met earlier...half *half* and half dog, I remember now,” Zilchus confirms, slowly remembering things as though not having seen the halfling removed from the dog in a long while.

Zilchus shakes his head, again trying to find reality.

”Well, sure, I’m fine. I’ve never felt better.” His masculinity is forced and challenged by reality, but he seems ready to push on. ”I’m good. I’ll follow along.” He draws his falchion and seems ready to follow others.


HP 140/153 AC 23 24 TAC 12 14 FF 21 23 | CMD 2725 | F +16 R +10 W +19 (immune to poison) | Res 20 fire | WS: 5/6 HH: 13/15 FB: 10/10 L1: 5/7+4/4 L2: 5/7+1/1 L3: 4/7 L4: 1/6 L5: 5/6 L6: 3/5 L7: 2/3 L8: 2/2 Ext: 2/3 Daz: 3/3 | Ini+3 | Senses+22
Skills:
Acro+18,Climb+4,Diplo+1,Fly+7,H.Animal+3,Heal+25,K.dung+16,K.geo+8,K.hist+2 ,K.local+0,K.nat+5,K.nobility+13,K.planes+16,K.relig+2,Linguist+15,P.Orator y+2,S.Motive+7,Spellcr+8,Stealth+14,Surviv+11,Swim+1
Eccentric Garundi Druid (restorer) 15 | longstrider 13h, m.fang 13h, life bubble 4h

"Ah! The terms of my marriage are yet to be set up Sir Zilchus the Restored. But once we can probe we solved the source of the attacks in this Sphynx and recover its treasures, I am pretty sure some lines would be done on that purpose" Kosei looks satisfied at Zilchus new state.

The Garundi nods at the man and moves towards the door the massive enemy came from "Let's see what was the Sphynx guarding" helps Stelle to open the iron and steps through the doors.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Right then, let's go," Florence nods, since everyone seems ready to press on through the door. Still, she falls in at the back of the group so that she can keep a better eye on Zilchus in case his weakness grows worse.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party gathers it's remaining strength and continues on.

You open the door to reveal a large chamber with 30’ high ceilings. Immediately on the other side of the door is a Symbol of Persuasion which may charm a few of you into liking the now dead sphinx. Will DC 23 to resist the lure (not that it matters a lot as she’s dead).

Squat idols sit on raised platforms in shadowed alcoves on either side of this room, and two piles of dust rest on two pedestals near the far wall - one gold and one diamond (1,000gp and 5,000gp respectively). Each of the four statues in the alcoves depicts a different demon in a different medium: brass babau (125gp), silver marilith (280gp), gold glabrezu (450gp), platinum balor (1,800gp).

Four open chests spill forth gold coins that shimmer in the light of two silver-bracketed torches. The chests in the room hold a total of 16,450 in gold. The two silver torches are stylized everburning torches (55gp ea).

The last of the wealth of the cult of Areshkagal lies in this chamber.


1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 2 + 2 = 30 Will (-lvl drain,+heroism)
1d20 + 22 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 22 - 2 + 2 = 34 Perception (-lvl drain,+heroism)

Zilchus shakes his head about, again trying to clear up some confusing memories of the sphinx that had temporarily turned his state from mostly alive to mostly dead. He recovered which was the important thing, and he wasn’t willing to forgive the sphinx and her generous tracks of land for any reason.

He will look over the treasure room for things others might have missed.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Will (DC 23): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Florence blinks as they open the door and step through into the treasure room and looks back over her shoulder at the dead gynosphinx.

Huh...maybe if we could have crossed paths somewhere else...

Then she stops and shakes her head.

Wait, what am I thinking!? That thing ripped Zilchus to shreds!

"...that was really weird..." Florence mutters under her breath as she hurries after her friends. She scans the room and treasures within for magical auras, as always.

"Wow...that is a lot of wealth. I don't know if it was worth all the trouble of coming down here, but at least it's a fair consolation prize right?"


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

Zilchus searches the room carefully and Florence checks it with a magical sensor, but neither find anything further of note.

The weight of the Sphinx feels heavier down here somehow, and your lights dance in the darkness - uncommon to the rest of the well lit structure. But there seems to be nothing further to be gained in the basement.


Zilchus will wearily pack up the loot, resting between every exertion and effort.

”Man, you’d think I’d like to be carrying this much wealth, but it all seems so tiring right now,” Zilchus carps about the enormous wealth they discovered. ”We should probably have these icons melted down before selling them, but it’s a lot of stuff down here.”

If nothing else, Zilchus is ready to follow. He lacks the brain and focus to lead at the moment.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Florence looks around once all of the wealth is gathered up in whatever manner seems easiest for transport. "Well...I think we've seen everything there is to see here, haven't we? Not much left to do but report back to the friendly Lady Ghost and then see what we can manage with getting Chisisek's body back where it needs to go."

"But we can worry about that second one after we've had a rest," Florence quickly adds. "I don't think we should set out for anywhere until we've done that."

And barring any objections or reminders of places yet to be explored, Florence heads back upstairs to visit Lady Sophronia.


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

WillDC23Stelle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
WillDC23Anubis: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Before Stelle can look remorsefully over her shoulder at the dead sphinx she mutilated, Anubis, whining, bounds back into the previous chamber and up to the remains taking Stelle along. He sniffs and darts in circles at various body parts before bolting over to where Zilchus once lay dead himself, and starts digging over whatever remains of the broken Effigy.

OH! Oh! I'm so sorry! What did we do? Why did this have to happen! OH I AM SUCH A BAD DOG!

It looks as though Anubis is trying to hurl diamond dust past his rear end onto the dead sphinx.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Realizing what must be going through Annie's head, Stelle looks over her shoulder at the corpse strewn all over the room.

"Hey, Annie, there's nothing we can do. It's over -- we did the right thing..." right? " I mean, it tore Zilchus apart! That won't work now anyway!"

She finally has to resort to jabbing the dog gently in the rib with her heel to get him to abandon this hopeless quest.

Her eyes go all agog when she sees the vast treasure hoarded by the cultists, halfling greed getting the better of her.

Looking around, she exclaims rhetorically, "Why can't anyone ever amass a horde of treasure along with at least a golden wheelbarrow?! I mean -- how did they get all of this in here with which to begin? Do we have a way of temporarily shrinking it all down to get it all out of here?!"

She helps load up Anubis for carrying the loot, then follows Florence back up the stairs.

"Yes, we should rest, but not here in the basement."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

The party makes their way upstairs, and you return to Lady Sophronia’s chambers. As you expected, she is not there. Crumpled near her silver holy symbol hanging on the wall, as if it had been praying, is her full plate armor, and next to that, her sword.

Checking for magic you find the armor to be +1 ghost touch mithral full plate (26,500gp), and her longsword is +1 ghost touch as well (8,315gp).


Zilchus shakes his head, barely able to pick up the armor at the moment. ”Is she gone? We’ve freed her, have we? And this is her gift to us? It’s very nice. I wonder...I wonder if we might pound out the...uhm...the breasts from the breastplate so I might wear it? I’ll consider it anyway...hmmm....” Zilchus holds up the probably not fitted for man breastplate to his own chest, considering.


Roll20 Map - Treasure Sheet

You haul the latest loot upstairs and add to your pile - it’s quite extensive ranging from masterwork tools to diamonds. Glad you have a dune boat to get you back to civilization in style, you consider your next moves. First though… rest.

You set your watches, and take the night off. Nothing disturbs your slumber, and you regain your vitality come morning. Well, most of you - Zilchus is still feeling a bit ‘off’ from his death experience. It is Toilday, Erastus 21, 4714.

Feeling fresh, what does the party do next? If you’re planning to depart, it’ll take an hour or two to load up the dune boat. Then I’ll need some direction for travel. I’ve uploaded the regional map. I presume you’re retracing your steps - heading to Chisisek’s tomb to re-bury the body and then to the Thria to return their queen - but let me know.

Stelle and Nidhi still need to level up. No rush, just a reminder. Also, no one has, as yet, taken any Profession Sailor. It’ll be a lot easier if someone does. Maybe someone who gets lots of skill points can spare one or two?


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

If no one else wants to spare the skill points, Florence can take a rank or two in Prof: Sailor. Just let me know and I'll adjust her profile accordingly.

Florence rises the next morning feeling surprisingly rested and refreshed, all things considered.

"It's amazing what an uninterrupted night's sleep will do for a person, isn't it?" she remarks after her usual morning meditations and the like are completed and it comes time to start packing things up.

"So...I guess there's not much else to do but get things loaded up and get going. We should head back to Chisisek's tomb first since it'll lighten the load for the rest of the trip back..."

Spells Prepared:

7th - Fairy Ring Retreat
6th - Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
5th - Befuddled Combatant, Break Enchantment, Hold Monster x2
4th - Black Tentacles, Blessing of Fervor, Confusion, Death Ward, Greater False Life
3rd - Dispel Magic, Earth Tremor, Heroism x2, Lightning Bolt
2nd - Aid, Glitterdust x2, Hold Person, Lipstitch
1st - Ear-Piercing Scream, Enlarge Person, Mage Armor, Shadow Trap x2, Snowball
Cantrips - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize


Stats:
HP 73/73 | AC 14 Tch 14 FF 10 | Fort +7 Ref +18 Will +14 | Init +3 | Bardic Perf 39/day | Never Fear RING | Perc +19 | Dis Dvce +22 +5 | Diplo +23 | Sense Motive +19 | Perform +27
Neutral Human Bard/14

Nidhi gazes at the pile of treasure, the only remnants of the ghost warrior. "Oh," she comments softly, seeming a but disappointed at her absence.

Florence Corvina wrote:
"So...I guess there's not much else to do but get things loaded up and get going. We should head back to Chisisek's tomb first since it'll lighten the load for the rest of the trip back..."

Nidhi nods, "I would like to return this precious baby bee to her tribe as soon as possible."


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

Stelle toils for a few hours with Anubis helping Zilchus and everyone pack up the boat, then slides into a sitting position against the hull on the inside sipping water from a flask.

Nidhi wrote:
"I would like to return this precious baby bee to her tribe as soon as possible."

"I agree. The Mummified Chisisek can wait a few more hours or so before being returned to his rightful tomb. Let's take this little one back to her hive."

She looks at the sarcophagus. "Sorry, old architect. The living come first."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Zilchus settles down to rest, but his mind keeps tripping on a memory that he just can't quite settle or figure out: something about an egg. It niggles and naggles at the back of his head.

He sets up for camp, unrolling his bedroll and trying not to think about how tired he is. He fails. He's tired and beat and was somewhat dead for a while and he feels it.

But he remembers something. An egg? Was it an egg?

He begins to stuff his smallclothes into a sock to make a pillow the night, still wondering what he was forgetting. Dude, I think it was an egg. Do you have an egg?

No. There is no egg. Where would I have gotten an egg? Now shut up about your imaginary egg. Zilchus sighs deeply, as he was getting tired arguing with himself. It was hard work and he was quite stubborn, especially when it comes to himself.

Dude, check your bags for an egg. There was an egg.

"ALRIGHT! I'LL LOOK FOR YOUR PIDDLESPOTTING EGG!" Zilchus yells with anger, his tiredness provoking much more outrage at himself as he yells into the air. "BUT IF I FIND AN EGG, I'M GOING TO SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!"

Zilchus begins to furiously look through his possessions.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

Earlier, During the Rest

As the relative silence the group had settled into is suddenly broken by Zilchus' screaming about eggs, Florence's eyes snap open and she flails about inside her bedroll as she struggles to sit up.

"Huh!? What's going on!? Is he having an episode!?"


Florence Corvina wrote:
"Huh!? What's going on!? Is he having an episode!?"

Zilchus looks up, his face absolutely surprised that anyone had heard him yell, as if he didn't realize he was shouting aloud.

"What?" Zilchus spins to face Flo. "You heard that?" Zilchus seems momentarily embarrassed, then continues to sift through his belongings.

His head quirks as his hand hits something round and hard...pulling an 3" desiccated crocodile egg from his side pouch. He holds it in front of his face as if he had never seen the egg, much less understood how it got into his pouch.

"What the piddlespot?" Zilch looks at the egg, then Florence, then the egg again.

He hands the strange, desiccated croc egg to Florence.

"Uh, I found this. It came to me when I was somewhat dead, but still somewhat alive. Uh...it's an egg."


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"What do you mean, 'You heard that?'," Florence asks, looking genuinely bewildered and perhaps even a little angry. "Of course I heard that! We all heard that! Even Ben probably heard that, wherever the hell he is!"

Now thoroughly awake (again), Florence manages to extricate herself from her bedroll as her companion continues shifting through his belongings. "Look, we all know you had a really um, traumatic experience...and believe me I get it...but there's better ways to handle it than having strange screaming episodes in the middle of the night," she continues. "Um, if you need to talk to someone then I'm sure anyone here'd be happy to-"

Then she stops when Zilchus pulls the ugly, desiccated egg out of his pouch. She stares at it with just as much confusion as he does and as he hands it off to her, she continues staring a moment longer before looking up.

"Is this some sort of a joke? What am I supposed to do with this???"


Female Halfling Cavalier/15

The Magnificent Mummy Crocodile gracefully breaches the surface of murky pond before disappearing back into its gloomy depths, and Stelle watches as the brave Kosei turns into a dolphin in mid-air to follow.

Though at first it took her awhile to understand and accept that Kosei turned into a big fish, it now seemed like a perfectly normal expectation.

Suddenly remembering how graceful a swimmer everyone is, Stelle swiftly retrieves her modified air bladder (large, with additional air extra long breathing tubes), and dives in after everyone else.

Nidhi's song sounds beautifully weird in the water, but nonetheless bolstering. They navigate using Florence's light following Zilchus's lead and eventually find the mummified croc, belly bruised -- cornered by the might of Koseiphin.

"Butt?! Bow b-dare bloo -- bluedgeoning my Crocson mith blour bottlenose!" the mummified Croc burbles in the turbid depths. "BlAlright, I'll look for blour bliddlespotting egg. Mif I find an egg, mime going to shove it up blour ass."

Oh, won't that be interesting... I suppose even big fish have... wait? Egg? Why!? Am I dreaming?

Stelle awakens even as Anubis nudges her, and rubs her eyes clear to observe Florence and Zilchus mid-egg talk.

"Found?! What do you mean it came to you when you were somewhat dead, but somewhat alive?! Where did you go? Did it just float by and you grabbed it?! Is it magical or something?" She says, moving to Florence for a closer look at the egg.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23

"By the Gods look! It's an egg," she states most confidently.


Male Pharaoh Hound, Animal Companion, Lvl 15

Anubis trots over to Zilchus as he proffers the egg to Florence, and sniffs at the egg. He snort-sneezes, then sniffs at Zilchus.

Nope! No applejack involvement here. He makes a satisfied snort and trots back to his bedding.


HP: 95/95 l AC: 12 (16), T 12, FF 10 l CMD 20 l F +13, R +11, W +13 l Remedies (8/8) l L1: 4/6, L2: 3/6, L3: 3/5, L4: 2/5, L5: 4/5, L6: 3/4, L7: 1/2, L8: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +8
Skills:
Craft: Alchemy +22, Diplomacy +13, Fly +15, Heal +17, Kn. Arcana/History +24, Kn. Nature +22, Kn. Local +21, Kn. Planes +19, Kn. Religion +12, Spellcraft +24, Swim +6, UMD +14
Female Human l Active Conditions: Mage Armor / Bynx: AC 22, HP: 47/47

"Uh...I don't know," Florence responds as Stelle inquires as to the magical properties of the incredible, not-so-edible, egg. "But I'll check..." she continues as she casts her detection cantrip.

6,101 to 6,150 of 8,069 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Euan's Mummy's Mask All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.