GM Elberion's Gallows of Madness (PFS) (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Turn up, copy some books... easy.


1,801 to 1,850 of 1,935 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Elf Male Sorcerer 3 [HP14/14] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +3] [Perception +1]

Both in that order. The spellcraft was for the unidentified necklace.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Please make the Knowledge (arcana) check I spoilered first.

Dark Archive

Elf Male Sorcerer 3 [HP14/14] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +3] [Perception +1]

oops wrong skill.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

1.Does it have DR/
2. Whats its attack

"I wonder if you bite."

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

It has DR/- and a bite attack that delivers poison from a reservoir. It has not moved yet, sitting on the table.

Grand Lodge

Human Male Unchained Rouge 3 [HP 13/24][AC:16 T:14 FF:12 CMD:17] [Init +3] [Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2] [Perception +7]

Carson follows along as the others play with there new toys.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Just to set the scene: Before you on the table is a number of pieces of jewelry, including a necklace in the shape of a snake. Verathis has identified this as an iron cobra, though it has not attacked yet. You have a clear path to the door on the far side, as well. What would you like to do?

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 7 (menhir savant) | HP 55/55 | AC 24/12/22 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perc +13| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Mage Armor, Barkskin

Leave that thing. Looks dangerous and we have a mission. Grel is ready to pass through the eastern door.

Previous Perception check of 29 for dangers on the door.

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 3 HP 26/31 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F+6 R+5 W+3 (+1 vs Fear) | Init +3 | Perception +0

Harada nods and gives the cobra a wide berth as he continues to cover Grel.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Examining the door on the far wall, Grel finds no dangers. It does appear to be locked, however.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 7 (menhir savant) | HP 55/55 | AC 24/12/22 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perc +13| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Mage Armor, Barkskin

Carson, this may require a more delicate hand than I offer. Would you mind opening this for us? Grel gives some room for Carson to work.

Grand Lodge

Human Male Unchained Rouge 3 [HP 13/24][AC:16 T:14 FF:12 CMD:17] [Init +3] [Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2] [Perception +7]

Carson eyes the table of jewelry trying to calculate the risks versus the reward when he hears Grel say his name.

"What? Oh yes. I am on it."

He pulls out his tools and begins to work on the lock.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Carson goes to work on the door, but something about the lock throws him and he snaps a pick off in the mechanism, jamming it.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 7 (menhir savant) | HP 55/55 | AC 24/12/22 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perc +13| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Mage Armor, Barkskin

Not ideal, Carson. Grel gives a somewhat disappointed look. There are rooms downstairs and buildings outside we have not searched. We can come back to this. Grel starts to head out back tot he stairs unless someone calls him back.

Grand Lodge

Human Male Unchained Rouge 3 [HP 13/24][AC:16 T:14 FF:12 CMD:17] [Init +3] [Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2] [Perception +7]

"Harada the door is stuck. Can you just kick it open?

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 3 HP 26/31 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F+6 R+5 W+3 (+1 vs Fear) | Init +3 | Perception +0

Harada nods, tightens up his pants and gives the door a firm kick.

strength?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"Ahem" Harada clears his throat and clears his throat as though nothing happened before giving it another kick.

strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Harada's first blow merely rattles the door in its frame. The second shatters it inward, spreading debris across the room within!

As the rain of splinters subsides, you can see an irregularly shaped room are cluttered with scientific equipment, and the glassy eyes of taxidermy animal heads stare down from the walls. At the north end of the room, the stuffed body of a large, winged beast is mounted on a low platform.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 7 (menhir savant) | HP 55/55 | AC 24/12/22 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perc +13| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Mage Armor, Barkskin

Grel does a quick reconnoiter.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Looking for books that might track a history of the family or anything. Otherwise ready to head downstairs and track back over the unexplored areas.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Stepping into the room, small spikes shoot up from a trap on the floor just inside the doorway and into Grel's foot! One point of damage and hobbled as from caltrops.

On the table by the column, Grel finds five potions and a beautiful silver music box.

Potion 1: Perception or detect magic and Spellcraft:
Check result of 16+:
Spoiler:
potion of cure light wounds

Potions 2 and 3: Perception or detect magic and Spellcraft:
Check result of 16+:
Spoiler:
potions of endure elements

Potion 4: Perception or detect magic and Spellcraft:
Check result of 16+:
Spoiler:
potion of enlarge person

Potion 4: Perception or detect magic and Spellcraft:
Check result of 16+:
Spoiler:
potion of reduce person

On the adjacent table is a fancy monocle, four vials of alchemist’s fire, and two sunrods. On the far side of the room, near the stuffed beast, stands a closed cupboard. No books or anything similar within view, though who knows what's in that cupboard.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 7 (menhir savant) | HP 55/55 | AC 24/12/22 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perc +13| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Mage Armor, Barkskin

Could you describe the effects of "hobbled", please? Want to remedy that before we move on.

perception 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
perception 2,3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
perception 4: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
perception 5: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Seriously? Get those garbage rolls out of here! Potion of Reduce Person identified.

This one here will make you smaller. Verathis, this may make you slightly harder to hit. Grel offers before moving on.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

As with caltrops, your speed is reduced by half until someone heals your wound with a DC 15 Heal check, or you receive at least 1 point of magical healing.

Dark Archive

Elf Male Sorcerer 3 [HP14/14] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +3] [Perception +1]

"That has to be a pain for the residents.",Verathis comments as he follows Grel into the room jumping over the spike trap.

Jump: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"I've got a magic wand if that's serious."

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

In the interest of moving us forward, I'll assume you'll take care of it one way or another, and that you'll examine carefully for traps moving forward in this room.

Bypassing another simple trap built into the pillar, you reach the cupboard and retrieve the contents you find within: a chain shirt, a masterwork cold iron longsword, and a rolled document. Spreading it on one of the tables, it's revealed to be a map of the manor and the surrounding grounds. Aside from showing the layout of the house (I've uncovered the rooms on the map), it also shows two interesting features: (1) A large musical note has been drawn on the ballroom, and (2) a secret door is marked on the wall in the southwest corner of the basement.

Where to next?

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 7 (menhir savant) | HP 55/55 | AC 24/12/22 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perc +13| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Mage Armor, Barkskin

secret room looks enticing. Feel points on the map.

Dark Archive

Elf Male Sorcerer 3 [HP14/14] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +3] [Perception +1]

"It'll probably have something interesting. I just hope its treasure and not a demon."

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

Sounds like you'd like to head straight down to the basement.

A quick search of the unexplored regions of the lower story of the mansion reveals a narrow set of stairs in the corner of the kitchen which descend toward a dark, musty basement. The steep stone steps descend into a vaulted cellar flooded with turbid water, in which dozens of wooden barrels idly float.

The water looks about 4 feet deep, so moving through it would be akin to moving through a deep bog.

Deep Bog wrote:
It costs Medium or larger creatures 4 squares of movement to move into a square with a deep bog, or characters can swim if they wish. Small or smaller creatures must swim to move through a deep bog. Tumbling is impossible in a deep bog.

Pulling oneself up onto the elevated platform at the far end of the room (without using the stairs at the north end) requires a successful DC 10 Climb check. The heavy barrels in the water block movement, but it is possible to dive under them with a successful DC 10 Swim check. Getting onto a barrel requires a move action and a successful DC 15 Acrobatics check. If you start your turn on a barrel or jump onto a barrel you must also succeed at a DC 15 Acrobatics check or fall into the water. As a move action, you can attempt a DC 10 Strength check to move a barrel 5 feet. For every 5 points the check result exceeds the DC, you can move the barrel an additional 5 feet.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 7 (menhir savant) | HP 55/55 | AC 24/12/22 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perc +13| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Mage Armor, Barkskin

Grel will peer into the spirit realm to detect the presence of get or outsiders. Then swim along the north wall.

swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
spirit sense towards the far door.

Grand Lodge

Human Male Unchained Rouge 3 [HP 13/24][AC:16 T:14 FF:12 CMD:17] [Init +3] [Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2] [Perception +7]

I only have a cold iron dagger. Does anyone want to carry the long sword.

Is there any light in the room?

Silver Crusade

Human Fighter 3 HP 26/31 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F+6 R+5 W+3 (+1 vs Fear) | Init +3 | Perception +0

Harada takes the longsword and weighs it cautiously.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates
Carson Stevenson wrote:
Is there any light in the room?

There is not. I see Verathis has dancing lights, though, so I'm sure you have some way to illuminate it.

GM Screen:

Perception:
Verathis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 +2 if Ink w/i 5ft.
Carson: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Grel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Harada: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

As Grel swims across the flooded basement, something grabs at his foot!

Attack vs. flat-footed Grel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Thrashing about as it tries unsuccessfully to latch on to the dwarf, you can now see a large creature just under the surface!

GM Screen:

Initiative:
Verathis: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Carson: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Grel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Harada: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

What is that thing? Knowledge (dungeoneering):
Check result of 12+:
Spoiler:
This is a fiendish giant leech. Like the other fiendish creatures you've met, it has some resistance to fire and cold. For every five you exceed the check, you may ask another question.

-----

Initiative!

  • Verathis
  • ?
  • Carson
  • Harada
  • Grel

    Verathis may act.


  • **BZZZT!** "Botting for Verathis!" **BZZT!**

    Verathis casts dancing lights as you descend into the basement.

    When the creature attacks Grel, he screams, though none of you can hear it! Casting ear-piercing scream.

    Sonic damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

    The creature writhes in pain as Verathis' spell rattles it! Dazed, so it does not act this round.

    -----

    Initiative!

  • Verathis
  • ? Dazed.
  • Carson
  • Harada
  • Grel

    Whole party may act.

  • Silver Crusade

    Human Fighter 3 HP 26/31 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F+6 R+5 W+3 (+1 vs Fear) | Init +3 | Perception +0

    Harada takes a big gulp of air as he jumps down into the water by Grel, quickdrawing his Taiaha and taking a stab with the pointy end.

    stabbity: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
    piercing damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

    Dark Archive

    Male Dwarf Druid 7 (menhir savant) | HP 55/55 | AC 24/12/22 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perc +13| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Mage Armor, Barkskin

    Grel tries to stay afloat and smack the creature with his warhammer.

    swim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

    warhammer, swimming: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 2 = 21
    damage, half damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

    Dark Archive

    Elf Male Sorcerer 3 [HP14/14] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +3] [Perception +1]

    Verathis follows up his eldritch cry with a glob of cleansing acid

    Acid: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 4 = 12
    Cleans: 1d3 ⇒ 3

    Grand Lodge

    Human Male Unchained Rouge 3 [HP 13/24][AC:16 T:14 FF:12 CMD:17] [Init +3] [Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2] [Perception +7]

    Carson moves down into the water to support Grel and Harada. Cold-Iron dagger and shortsword out.

    I am sure that walking to that point will use up all my actions for this round.

    Dark Archive

    Male Dwarf Druid 7 (menhir savant) | HP 55/55 | AC 24/12/22 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perc +13| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Mage Armor, Barkskin

    I kicked myself all night for not summoning a damn shark into this pool!!!!

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Verathis fires a glob of acid, but between trying to avoid his ally in melee (I'm assuming that's what the -4 is for) and the fact that it's underwater, he is unable to connect with the leech. Harada swings and misses as Carson wades in to help. Grel, on the other hand, lands his hammer squarely on the creature. The water dulls the blow a bit, but blood still begins to leak from the slimy beast.

    The leech tries again to latch on to Grel, but is still unable to find any purchase.

    bite!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
    ouch: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    -----

    Initiative!

  • Verathis
  • ?
  • Carson
  • Harada
  • Grel

    Whole party may act.

  • Dark Archive

    Male Dwarf Druid 7 (menhir savant) | HP 55/55 | AC 24/12/22 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perc +13| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Mage Armor, Barkskin

    Get off of me, wretched thing!

    swim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

    warhammer, swimming: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 2 = 20
    half damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Dark Archive

    Elf Male Sorcerer 3 [HP14/14] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +3] [Perception +1]

    Verathis begins to wade into the water then tries again to throw acid on the leech.

    Acid Splash: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 4 = 13 The -4 is indeed melee penalty.
    Acid Burn: 1d3 ⇒ 1

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Grel connects again, though again the blow from his blunt weapon is softened by the water. Verathis, his last attack having been stymied partially by the cover granted by the surface of the water, tries again. Unfortunately the motion of the water once again throws off his aim, and the acid just misses its target. Sorry, ranged attacks are frustrating in water. From outside, the target has improved cover, and from underwater you take a -2 for every 5ft of water you're shooting through.

    Carson and Harada may act.

    Dark Archive

    Male Dwarf Druid 7 (menhir savant) | HP 55/55 | AC 24/12/22 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perc +13| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Mage Armor, Barkskin

    Grel barely keeping his head above water, Any second now, gents. Feel free to wade in. It's about to drag me under!

    Grand Lodge

    Human Male Unchained Rouge 3 [HP 13/24][AC:16 T:14 FF:12 CMD:17] [Init +3] [Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2] [Perception +7]

    Carson watches Grel bounce up and down in the water swinging his hammer. The image makes him smile. "On the way buddy." He then wades over and tries to stab the creature with his cold iron dagger.

    Stab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
    Stick: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Silver Crusade

    Human Fighter 3 HP 26/31 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F+6 R+5 W+3 (+1 vs Fear) | Init +3 | Perception +0

    Harada stabs again at the creature, content to hold his breath and plant his feet firmly on the ground.

    stabbity: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
    damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Carson and Harada join the assault, but neither is able to connect on the slippery creature, which continues unsuccessfully trying to latch on to Grel.

    bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
    damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

    ------

    Initiative!

  • Verathis
  • ?
  • Carson
  • Harada
  • Grel

    Whole party may act.

  • Dark Archive

    Male Dwarf Druid 7 (menhir savant) | HP 55/55 | AC 24/12/22 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perc +13| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Mage Armor, Barkskin

    Eat hammer, fiend! Feel slams hammer at the monster again.

    swim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

    Warhammer, swimming: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 2 = 15
    half damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    Silver Crusade

    Human Fighter 3 HP 26/31 | AC 19 T 13 FF 16 | F+6 R+5 W+3 (+1 vs Fear) | Init +3 | Perception +0

    Harada plants his feet firmly on the ground stabs again.

    piercing stabbing: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
    damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

    Harada resists the urge to cheer.

    Dark Archive

    Elf Male Sorcerer 3 [HP14/14] [AC:13 T:13 FF:10 CMD:12] [Init +3] [Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +3] [Perception +1]

    Verathis tries to get in a hit with his acid glob.

    Acid glob: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 4 = 15
    Acid burn: 1d3 ⇒ 1

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    The creature is slimy and wily, but after it's slowed by another Grel hammer-blow, Harada is finally able to get a bead on it and pin the vile parasite to the floor! Out of combat. Now that you're able to look around in safety, you find a small cask of vintage wine among the barrels that you suspect is worth a fair bit to the right buyer.

    Dark Archive

    Male Dwarf Druid 7 (menhir savant) | HP 55/55 | AC 24/12/22 | F+8 R+5 W+10 | CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perc +13| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Mage Armor, Barkskin

    I'm inclined to drink the lot of this right now. I'm not suited for the water but my mother insisted on lessons as a wee boy. I thought I would drown at the hands/limbs? of that thing. Remind me to thank her. Grel dries himself off and goes about searching the area for egress.

    preception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

    1,801 to 1,850 of 1,935 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Gallows of Madness (PFS) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.