1. GM Edwin's Zeitgeist Campaign

Game Master Insnare

When the people and King of Risur have internal or external enemies but won't or can't call in the military... They Call in the RHC(Royal Homeland Constabulary)

Act 1: The Investigation Begins!
Chapter 1: The Island at the Axis of the World
Chapter 2: The Dying Skyseer
Chapter 3: Digging for Lies
Chapter 4: Always on Time
Chapter 5: Cauldron Born
RHC HQ
FLINT CITY
Zeigeist World Map
Avery Coast Train
Lantern

Act 2: The Grand Design

Chapter 6: Revelations From the Mouth of a Mad Man

Ber


9,401 to 9,450 of 9,995 << first < prev | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | next > last >>

The PM shrugs.

Lauryn says, "I usually wear a disguise when going to Seobriga, so I recommend you do the same. Now, that your briefing has ended, I will go and study the maps and you should be in the center of Seobriga shortly."

Delft coughs quickly to indicate that your and his boss should leave because he wants to talk to you. They say their farewells and leave.

Delft says, "I have an agent in Seobriga who shall contact you probably with chalk mark on the gazebo at the teleportation circle. He shall hold back to see if you are followed and then meet you a little later."


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 83/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

Cretien will put his helmet and full face mask on, and then with a minor activation on his wrists change the color and style of the armor just enough to look different from anything typical in Risur and tries to mimic what he knows of the Beran style.


Labyrinth HP 47/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi says, ”I have some skill with disguise. Here, let me help.” He’ll cast Heroism on himself and get to work on everyone's disguises.

He asks folks what they have in mind, and does his best to match it. He’ll take-10 (10+14+2 = 26 disguise) working with everyone on their disguises.

When he’s satisfied, he covers his tattoo with a simple wig, changes his robes for a tunic and pants, which chafe horribly, and makes a few other cosmetic changes to prepare his disguise.

"Ready to go, sir!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

Rognar will go with a glasses wearing academic who studies the planes and cover his weapon storing it in his haversack with a leather guard on the blade to prevent accidents.


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 10 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

John will stand up, nod, and his attire appearance will change:

His hair will remain dark, but he'll add just a hint of gray; his attire will change to match typical Beran bureaucrat clothing, and his face will take on the properties of a non-descript Beran man.

Also taking 10 on my disguise check, for a 41 (+26 base, +10 from disguise self, and +10 from taking 10. I can also give someone a modified version of Disguise Self (from the Fearsone Guise Mesmerist Trick). Who would like it?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Lauryn calls you in when she is ready and then you are surrounded by a blueish beam again and you assume you have been teleported to capitol of Ber, Seobriga.

Ber’s teleportation beacons are not defended like those in Risur, since they were originally built for dragons to greet and impress visitors. Those who teleport into Seobriga arrive in the center square of the city, surrounded only by a simple gazebo-like pavilion, guarded by a handful of soldiers.

The party arrives in the mid-morning, and you appear in full sight of hundreds of orcs, minotaurs, goblins, and half-giants out in protest against their ruler.

Placards saying "Bruse is a Ruse!" and We don't Wantus a Shantus!" as they march in protest.

People react with intense curiosity and invitations for you to join the protest.

You have a heavy “culture shock” moment, since despite the sweltering summer heat the protesters are almost all wearing wigs that were in vogue in Danor ten years ago, and some are dressed in fancy, uncomfortable attire.

Minotaur and half-giant students sweat into their frilly white collars while nearby a small herd of orc women in hoop skirts pump axes in the air to the beat of a protest song. The large swaths of orc men who make up the bulk of the protest shout to other orcs in swings that dangle off the roofs around the edges of the square, crooning out songs as they paint vibrant murals along the walls of buildings that were built for the proportions of dragons, not men.

The unifying force of the protest is the Panoply. While the middle of the square is chaotic, at its edges self-styled intellectuals talk to people as they arrive, "Hey, you" one of them say to you.

"What are your grievances?"


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 10 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

"My grievances? Where does one start? Taxation and tarriffs? The high cost of education?"

Using Hypnotic Stare on the person who is talking to me. he has a -3 penalty to will saves, and per the ability doesn't know he's under the effect. He also has a -3 penalty to attack rolls, but that's hopefully not relevant.

"But tell me friend, what is YOUR grievance, and who is in charge here?"

I am casting Detect Thoughts on him, with a DC 18 Will Save. I am using Covert Spells to hide my spellcasting with a bluff check.

Bluff: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (16) + 26 = 42

That's the DC of the Sense Motive check required to notice my spellcasting.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The orc man hands you a yellow flag and says, "Sounds like you are against governmental sloth and corruption."

he pauses for a beat and says, "My grievance is with the failure of the the Bruse to measure up to the ideals of the revolution when we overthrew the dragon kings...."


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 83/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

Cretien remains silent, drinking in the strange sights.


Labyrinth HP 47/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi is impressed with John's disguise capabilities, "You sir should be doing this, my word but that is good work! I feel like an apprentice!" he laughs.

It takes him a moment to get his bearings on the other side... the heat! He loosens his tunic to let it breathe a bit more as he takes in the scene around him.

Not noticing the spell cast, he suggests to the group, "Let's get to the side, we may meet with the Bruse later, and I don't want him thinking we're a part of this. I'm not even sure I know what this is!" he grins.

If the group agrees, he'll move away from the crowd and try to get a sense of where they are in the city - and where they should start.


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 10 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

Did he make the save? I'm trying to find out if the people organizing this protest have ulterior motives.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Save 1d20 ⇒ 7 fail.

John

Spoiler:
He is being completely honest with you.


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 10 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

John takes the offered flag and says "What is the purpose of this friend?"


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Man it ate my post...

The orc man says, "Well my boy, this is to show solidarity with the Panoply or better said all facets of society and to also express to the Bruse that he should pay more attention to the nitty gritty. To explain the meaning, Poverty is black, violence is red, corruption is yellow, and so on. The most common color is white, meant to protest apathy of officials who should be promoting the revolution. We try our best to respect all forms of culture within the Panoply it is a movement for all movements... we find that our differences be that of the gnolls, or minotaurs or centaurs or goblins make us stronger and should all be respected. My friend you should probably come and sit in on our meeting this evening."

He then hands you a card with an address on it.

Perception DC 10

Spoiler:
You seem to notice that Brakken has not come to meet you as expected. Also, you have noted the white chalk mark on the gazebo, indicating your contact is somewhere nearby.


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 10 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

"Thank you brother. I hope to see you at the meeting!" said John with a conspiratorial tone, before pocketing the card and moving back towards the group.


Labyrinth HP 47/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

"Learn anything useful?" Femi asks John as he looks over the crowd for their contact.

"Our contact should be here." he mumbles as he watches.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 42/69, AC: 25/21/21, Saves: 9/14/7 I: 6, P: 12(+1d6), Spell Points: 12/14

That was the big day wasn’t it? He was finally going to meet the famed heroes. Javier was curious indeed, one thing was to read report or check the news another was to meet them in the flesh. For sure they must have interesting tales… And who knows, maybe there was a chance that he could get to make history himself too, perhaps of the kind that people read about in newspapers, instead of just in classified report to be burned after the deed was done. Not that he was eager for glory of course, not at all.

He had left his hotel, an expensive one, benefiting of his assumed persona as well as his acquired tastes, wearing less flamboyant clothes than the one he used for the benefit of those who knew him as Paco Cordero. After all who knew, maybe for the sake of their mission it would have been wiser for the Gnoll weapon merchant not to associate himself with foreign dignitaries at least for now.

The chalk marks were already in place well before the Risuri Agents got to the city, scribbled over by a kobold child, that of course, was just Javier wearing another face. Indicating his presence at an inn close to the plaza, in the code employed by agents of the King of course.

Not that he was waiting inside though, wanting to be sure that no one had caught about their operation Javier was a block or two away, mingling with the crowd of protesters, trying his best not to sweat his ass off in the heat, while wearing the ridiculous attire that his countrymen used to try and ape the Danoran elite. A waste, if you asked him, Ber should be finding its own culture and not try to copy one of the foreign power. Hypocritical thoughts perhaps, from someone so adept in assuming the identity of others, but well...

His eyes kept scanning the crowd, intending to identify the agents in the sprawling plaza.

Stay Hidden in the Crowd(Stealth): 1d20 + 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (18) + (6) + 14 = 38
Stay Look for the RHC Agents (Perception): 1d20 + 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (2) + (5) + 12 = 19 Well I rolled more with the d6 than the d20 nice...


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Ok, you can go to the locations in the article to ask about Tinker, look at Lya Jierre's ship, Go see the journalist, Gather information about Brakkan because he should be famous in the country.

Can I get a Sense Motive roll please?

Javier

Spoiler:
You are able to spot constables Dufrene and Grimtooth, whose disguises are not very convincing. Also, you do know that Brakken has been arrested for using mind control magic earlier this morning.


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 10 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

I'd vote to start by gathering info, since that will likely give us another avenue to investigate.

"It looks like they are marking dissodents with colored flags, based on the issues with the government that people have. There is also a meeting this evening that might be worth attending."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

What do you want to gather info about? Brakkan or something else, either way give me DIplomacy rolls.


Labyrinth HP 47/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

"Good idea, let's see what we can discover about Brakkan, but we should check back here from time to time in case our contact returns."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21 to gather information on Brakkan

(Ugh!)


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 42/69, AC: 25/21/21, Saves: 9/14/7 I: 6, P: 12(+1d6), Spell Points: 12/14

Javier’s eyes kept following the two RHC agents as they waded through the crowd, wondering if he was just missing the other constables, not that he had expected to be able to identify all the agents of the crown so easily of course.

Still, himself, he navigated the mass of protesters, almost casually getting closer to the two agents. Sure he could just introduce himself, but he got to be sure about their identities. Being found out by impostors would have been a mistake inappropriate for a spy of his caliber. So, for now, he just observed, trying to figure out if he was tailing the right targets and not clever impersonators.

When one of the group, an unknown face, but still an associate of Grimtooth and Dufrene began asking questions about the Beran ambassador, Javier made sure to be one of the helpful bystanders.

Sure a gnoll wearing a powdered wig and Danoran formal attire was perhaps not the most trustworthy looking of sights, but one had to work with what he had.

I’m afraid that the ambassador is ‘indisposed’ sir.” He offered helpfully, but without meeting the agent eyes. “In fact he has been arrested for a heinous crime against the Revolution.” He spat on the ground. “Stealing the will of another, allegedly at least.

I would not associate with him in public unless his name is cleared somehow if I were you. Maybe though I can do something to help... If you would just follow me.” He added, starting to wade again through the crowd, playfully whistling (as much as gnoll could whistle) a tune very reminiscent of Risur’s national anthem.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1d6 + 14 ⇒ (17) + (6) + 14 = 37
Bluff(to communicate a concept without being too obvious): 1d20 + 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (11) + (1) + 17 = 29

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

Rognar keeps quiet for the walk through the crowd not really liking the whole thing especially the number of creatures present and is even slightly taken aback when the party starts entertaining and speaking with them. Rognar starts to look around for the contact

perc: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Iva takes the time to make herself look more plain. Gone is the blond hair, and the fine tailored clothing she normally wears. She tucks most of her gear into a rucksack.

Disguise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Looking around at the crowd she sighs. This isn't the way to go about this. Using the law to change things is the best way to go about things." She looks for anyone who is paying more attention the group. She sees the knoll speak to Femi.

Standing a bit away from the other two constables she responds as if just overheard the conversation. "He's been arrested? How interesting. Is there a new Ambassador?"

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Shot Putter Funkmeister

John and Iva

Spoiler:
You get the feeling that there are people watching you and following you. To follow them I will require another Sense Motive roll

@ Rognar, creatures... I mean :)

A half giant man, who you have seen when you first came through the teleportation circle, overhears your conversation and says, "Salve, my name is Rodrigo Anthrasio and it seems as though you are new to the city."

He chuckles to Iva's remark and says, "Ambassador Brakkan was arrested this morning just outside the teleportation circle and he was brought in for justice. No, we do not work so quickly in Seobriga, to replace him will take time for the Bruse to choose an appropriate replacement. I can be a guide for you in the city, if you choose."


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 10 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

GM, Iva, and Me!:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 83/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

Chretien moves slowly and ponderously through the crowd, and says nothing while following the others. He will just let people assume he is a mindless construct, as that is his best bet at fooling anyone.


Labyrinth HP 47/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi seems ready to follow the stranger, wondering if perhaps he’s their contact, when the newcomer - and a half giant, also offers aid. He’s not sure which way to go, but one seems to want to lead them into some dark alley or other, while the half giant has made no such suggestion as yet.

Why not both?

He turns to the half giant, ”Rodrigo, could you wait just a moment? We have some business to attend to with this gentleman, but I don’t think it will take long. We might want to take you up on your offer. It would be helpful to have a guide. We’ll be right back!”

He gestures to continue and, presumably, follows the gnoll.


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Iva gets the sense that someone is filling the group. She tries to get a sense of who that might be.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Iva and John

Spoiler:
You seem to have lost the feeling you are being followed.

Rodrigo pulls out his pocket watch from his waist coat and says, "No problem Senor. I do have some time to wait."

Javier made it extremely difficult for you to follow him.

Perception: Iva 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19, Femi 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12, Chretien 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26, JOhn 1d20 ⇒ 13, Rognar 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

The Gnoll whistling an alternative version of the national anthem seems to disappear into the crowd.


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 42/69, AC: 25/21/21, Saves: 9/14/7 I: 6, P: 12(+1d6), Spell Points: 12/14

Javier is not using stealth to avoid them following him, just to get to them unnoticed in the first place, sorry if it wasn't clear. He wants to be followed by them.


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 10 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

Unfortunately, it looks like my last post was deleted.

John spent a moment scanning the crowd, but eventually shook his head and then slid his hands along his body to make sure his money pouch had not been taken. After verifying that everything was as it should be, he turned his attention to the two men the group was currently talking to. Looking at both, he decided that

1 for Javier, 2 for Rodrigo: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The Gnoll was the more important of the two. He turned his attention towards the man, just to watch him start to move into the crowd.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

After watching him move, it seems as though he wishes to be followed. He waited while the others were talking to the Half-Giant and then slipped into the crowd,

Stealth to hide in the crowd: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

changing his appearance as he went. Gone was the affect of a bureaucrat; in it's place stood a thug, the sort of man you might find beating drunken sailors in an alleyway while trying to avoid getting puke on his shoes. He was wearing a sleeveless tunic which showed off his muscles, a tight-fitting set of leather pants, and heavy boots. He carried a small black flag with him as he walked towards the Gnoll.

The only thing about his appearance that stood out was the tattoo on his left arm, which upon inspection would appear solid, but when looked at again would be in a completely different pattern. It was an altogether mesmerizing effect, and one that seemed to keep you focused on both the tattoo itself, as well as the man that it was on.

He approached the Gnoll from a different direction and then got his attention, saying "Interesting weather we're having, eh friend?" aloud while simultaneously sending him a secret message What are you doing?

I'm putting him under my hypnotic stare (nothing personal, it's just what John would do); He would start by just talking to the Gnoll before magic was involved. My intent here is to help bring Javier into the group.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Sorry, I misunderstood the rolls. I figured the rolls were to blend back in with the crowd.


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 42/69, AC: 25/21/21, Saves: 9/14/7 I: 6, P: 12(+1d6), Spell Points: 12/14

For a moment he wondered if the half giant was just being helpful or that if, like him, he had ulterior motives, yeah people don't usually offer to be you guide unless they wanted something out of you. It could be something innocent, like flirting with a newcomer, or way worse, like being a Danoran agent trying to get in the way of their mission.

He didn't have much chance to study Rodrigo from afar, trying to get te gist of him, just in case.

sense motive on Rodigo to get a feel of his intentions: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 12 + (2) = 32

When the group finally decided to follow him, Javier lead them away from the crowd, in an alley where he can easily keep watch of who comes and goes and more importantly who was listening to their conversation.

perception to see if anyone is following us (I know Javier is paranoid): 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 12 + (2) = 21

"Indeed, it is a great day to visit the capital isn't it?" He replied playfully to John. "And I'm sorry for the subterfuge, but one has to be careful around here, you know?" He added after he was convinced that no one was listening.

"Now I don't know you, but I have heard great things about a couple of your traveling companions, from back home." Well of course Risur wasn't his home actually, but an adoptive one was good enough on his books.

"Turns out though that it is my duty to help you out get the gist of the city, I'm Javier honored to meet you. And going back to the matter at hand, yes if we want the ambassador's aid we might have to figure out how to get him out of troubles" Now of course Brakkan could have just done some mind control on his own volition, for whatever political scheme he had, but it did sound at least a bit suspicious that the minotaur would get arrested exactly when the RHC agent got to Ber and a ship from Danor was docked in port...


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 83/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

is the aprty all together now or no? im confused haha


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Javier

Spoiler:
You feel as thought Rodrigo is being genuine he seems to just want to help the group. You also are not able to discern if the party is being watched, it is very difficult to check with so many people protesting near the teleportation circle.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The party is in the same general area you are in the city square during the protest but John has disappeared into the crowd and you cannot really see where he went to.


Labyrinth HP 47/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

”I understand.” he says speaking to Javier, having just lost track of John. Smart man making sure we’re not always together in case of ambush.

”So what do we call you? I’m Femi, at your service.”


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 10 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

"yes indeed" said the gruff man that in the space of a breath shrank back down to his previous disguise when the group was away from the crowd. "A pleasure Javier. My name is John, and I am of similar employ as my companions here." John ponders for a moment then asks "What exactly IS the specific trouble the ambassador in?"

Since it seems like there is some confusion, and I played a part in it, here is the order of events (as I see it): We gathered some info in the square during the protests, both Javier and a mysterious Half Giant offered us some info. Since the group was engaging with the Half Giant, John slid into the crowd and changed his appearance, following at a distance as Javier led the group into an alley to discuss quieter things. then John reappeared in a different disguise and passed Javier a secret message. That then brings us up to where we are now. Did I leave anything out?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Also, so basically, you can visit the journalist(Melissa), check out the Jierre ship, ask around at places that the article mentioned where Tinker has been or you could see what is going on with the Ambassador


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 42/69, AC: 25/21/21, Saves: 9/14/7 I: 6, P: 12(+1d6), Spell Points: 12/14

"A pleasure to meet you Femi" He gave fellow agent a tip of his hat. "And Javier would be fine for now, some people here will know me with a different name, but I'll make sure you know in advance."

"As for the fate of the ambassador he had been arrested for using mind control" He paused for a moment to rub his chin. "That you might imagine is an huge ass deal here, given that this is a young nation that just escaped slavery from the dragons..."

Does Javier knows anything more specific about Brakkan, where he is or who has accused him?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You know where he is but not who has accused him


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 42/69, AC: 25/21/21, Saves: 9/14/7 I: 6, P: 12(+1d6), Spell Points: 12/14

"I know where he is held, though... Do you have any plan already about how to track our target?" He mused.

"If you ask me, securing the ambassador as an ally might be a good idea, assuming that it is possible to actually clear his name"


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 10 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

In trouble for using mind control.

(. )(. )( .)( .)(. )(. )

Well, would you look at the time!

"Who would we speak to about getting the ability to speak with him?"


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 42/69, AC: 25/21/21, Saves: 9/14/7 I: 6, P: 12(+1d6), Spell Points: 12/14

lol indeed...

Javier probably has some ideas about who to talk to, but I think that our GM can intervene here to get a reply on his behalf


Labyrinth HP 47/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

"Should we see what Rodrigo has to offer, then research what's going on with the ambassador. Maybe Rodrigo can help us with some of our questions, or send us in the right direction."

Femi is also willing to just hunt on our own.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

KNowledge HIstory or Profession Lawyer(Advocate or Attorney) DC 20

Spoiler:
Justice is meted out quickly in Ber and the judgement will probably be made no later than dinner time. It is currently mid-morning so, you do have time to look at other matters before seeing or trying to assist the ambassador

Javier

Spoiler:
You know that Brakkan will have been brought to the Executore since the Bruse is not in town but in the Summer Court.


Labyrinth HP 47/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Knowledge history: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 2 = 34 (heroism) vs DC 20

"Well, if history is any guide we don't have long. Just is meted out quickly here in Ber. The ambassador may be sentenced by dinner time. Maybe sooner, but probably not. Probably. Let's make him our focus."

"I think we should see if Rodrigo can help us. We can start there anyway. I'm open to suggestion though if folks have other ideas. We should avoid splitting up though. Things could go badly quickly and we should be together when it does."


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 42/69, AC: 25/21/21, Saves: 9/14/7 I: 6, P: 12(+1d6), Spell Points: 12/14

knowledge history (can roll untrained, but just with +3...): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5yeah...

"My bet is that he had been brought straight to the Executores, since the Bruse is not in town... the slacker."

"Of course." He nodded to Femi, still unsure however if they should trust the helpful stranger, not that he had given him any reason to suspect about him. "Rodrigo looks trustworthy, although, in a foreign nation and with spies from a rival power in town, I'll still be careful about giving him too much information about why we are here."


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 10 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

"Let us see what this Rodrigo has to say on the matter. I will change my appearance and mill about nearby to make sure you aren't being lead into an ambush or worse....besides, I'm curious to learn more about the ringleaders of the protest, and what they REALLY hope to gain from their actions."

John thinks for a moment then adds "However, I don't think it would go too well if Rodrigo saw you return with the group and with me missing friend Javier. If you don't mind, I'll just make a slight adjustment to your appearance..." Reaching out, John pats Javier on the shoulder, and in the blink of an eye a duplicate of John is standing where Javier used to stand.

Using Fearsome Guise on you Javier, in case you were curious. Taking 10 on disguise for a 41, including the +10 bonus from Disguise Self.

"Now if you could just say something to ensure I have the voice correctly?"

9,401 to 9,450 of 9,995 << first < prev | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zeitgeist: Act 1... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.