1. GM Edwin's Zeitgeist Campaign

Game Master Insnare

When the people and King of Risur have internal or external enemies but won't or can't call in the military... They Call in the RHC(Royal Homeland Constabulary)

Act 1: The Investigation Begins!
Chapter 1: The Island at the Axis of the World
Chapter 2: The Dying Skyseer
Chapter 3: Digging for Lies
Chapter 4: Always on Time
Chapter 5: Cauldron Born
RHC HQ
FLINT CITY
Zeigeist World Map
Avery Coast Train
Lantern

Act 2: The Grand Design

Chapter 6: Revelations From the Mouth of a Mad Man


9,201 to 9,250 of 9,765 << first < prev | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | next > last >>

AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

I was healed to full between the healing from my potions and Rognar. I had 31 of 70 and then Rognar healed me and the Infernal healing gets me up to 65/70.

Iva takes a step where she can get into a flank on the golem. She swaps her Kukri to her left hand. (her main hand), and attacks.

+1 Silver Kukri, Haste, Flank: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 16 + 2 = 30
Attack and Sneak: 1d4 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (3, 5) = 17

+1 Silver Kukri, Haste, Flank: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 2 = 35
Attack and Sneak: 1d4 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (4, 1) = 12

+1 Silver Kukri, Haste, Flank: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 = 26
Attack and Sneak: 1d4 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (6, 1) = 16


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Iva brings down the golem.

Technically active combat is over unless you want to destroy the golem who left combat but the gigantic golem is trying to escape and it is not safe.

Kvartiy says, "We need to get out of here that big damned golem is going to cave this place in!"

Femi and Chretien


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

I wanted to do something to prevent the golem from leaving like destroy its handholds or something. Or is there a machine around here I can tinker with to affect it in some way?


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi has little that can effect a golem, and there is still an entire complex to fight their way out of, so he waits for Cretien's methods.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Chretien, can you give me a perception, knowledge arcana and engineering. Iva can help you next round with her study opponent. The chances are slim due to it being dark.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
arcana: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
engineering: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 29

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

Rognar will move around the group and soldiers to see if anyone else requires healing checking and pulling anyone back from being close to the large golem.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Chretien is unable to see anything to help him stop the Colossal Golem he also stands up. Femi also stands up.

The soldiers in the elevator press the button to go further up back the way you came.
Round 7

The colossus strikes the ceiling, roars, then punches several times into the stone above it.

Reflex DC 14 to avoid falling prone:

Chretien 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 pass, Rognar 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 pass, Femi 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 pass , Iva 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 pass, Soldiers 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 fail ,, Kvartiy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 pass

Reflex DC 14 to avoid debris from the ceiling:

Chretien 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 pass, Rognar 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 pass, Femi 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 fail , Iva 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 pass, Soldiers 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 2 = 19 pass ,, Kvartiy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 pass

Femi takes 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 2, 3) = 13 damage from the falling debris.

Party

Kvartiy says, "That frigging golem is going to collapse the whole damned facility, we need to take cover!"


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

"Well, I guess he's doing our job then. Let's go!"

Femi casts a quick Infernal Healing from the wand, and takes advantage of the last round of haste to get the group moving to safety.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Where do you want to go?


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

"South. Let's go through the double doors south. I don't think we're going to get back up the elevator." Iva points south, and if there are no objections run toward them. "Hopefully they open."


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi nods, "South it is then." and he rushes after Iva.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You all move to the south and the doors are closed.

Perception DC20

Spoiler:
You hear someone speaking within the walls andr mutters about how small and dark and safe the tunnel he is in is, and then begins jabbering about how he needs them to get him out.


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Femi waits for one of the tougher members to open the doors as he stands back a few feet. If the door is locked, he'll cast Knock to open it.


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

"There's someone in the walls. Let's see if we can find him. It could be an escape route for us." She starts looking around for seams or hidden doors.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The person on the other side of the wall says, "You people are far too big to fit in here. You want to escape, eh... Borne must be free... Well, that does represent a quandary... hmmm... Yes... delightful."

The collosus tears a tunnel free to the surface and heaves itself up until its head peeks out of the hole. The massive weight of the colossus causes massive chunks of stone thirty feet or larger to cleave free from the walls. You can see that they’re about to collapse, and they have until the start of the next round to seek cover.

Can I get a persuasion check?


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 (lol)

"Quickly now, please open the door or we're all doomed!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

I only have a 5% chance of getting better than that with my -1 but I'll try to assist.

assist: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

"Come now we're all going to die if you don't open that door. We'll see what we can do about freeing you yes." Iva responds to the person.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Whomever it is on the other side of the wall says, "Thanks but I shan't need your assistance. But I mayn't let you all die either... te hehehe."

You hear the sound of copper knocking against steel and the voice says, "Oddcog, here... yes, yes, yes... open the double doors."

Perception DC 30

Spoiler:
A response is barely audible, "The steelshaper ordered us to keep these door closed."

You hear the person continue, "Quital is as good as dead, you might also consider leaving as well."

The doors start to open.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

perc: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi anxiously tries to encourage the doors to open more quickly with his mind. Not that he has any such power, but he's worried about falling debris, and it seems to be increasing.

Once the door is open enough, he'll rush in after the lead warriors (just in case there's trouble). He'll call the guard to follow as quickly as they can, standing by the door and rushing them all in for their safety. Far too many are already bloody on the floor of this unholy place.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

As you step into the area with the double doors opening, Borne the giant collosus pulls itself to the surface. Everything out in the open is crushed. The resulting destruction shatters the various wards surrounding the facility, transporting the broken remnants of the complex, Borne, and all those inside the Cauldron Hill region of the Bleak Gate back to the material plane. Light from outside pours through the hole overhead— you see rays of the start to pour in fore it is sunrise ca. 5am making it clear to the party they’ve transitioned to the real world.

Within the complex there is utter pandemonium, alarms sound and technicians and guards run in every which way. Bleak Gate creatures cower in the corner hiding from the sun( an entity wholly foreign to them only vaguely remembered upon by when the creatures were alive).

Please give me Knowledge PLanes, Arcana, Engineering checks, as well as a Gather Information and Perception checks


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Gather Info: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Iva looks at the sky and sighs. "That did NOT go as planned, and I'm sure my new dagger is somewhere in the rubble." she looks perturbed.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

planes: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
arcana: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
engineering: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25
percwption: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Diplomacy, Gather Information: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You realize that only a part of the facility was transferred back onto the material plane and that going further into the facility would be dangerous because of a potential cave in.

At this point, you can either climb up the ladders or try to help the technicians escape. The collossus though spells serious danger for the city.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

"we must stop that thing. Warn the city if you can. Full firepower needs to hit it."

so we can see straight up into the sky?


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Status:
HP: 34/36 AC: 15 (f14/t11)
Weapon Equipped = Quarterstaff
Crossbow Bolts = 10/10
Conditions = Mage Armor (5/7h), See Invisibility (2/80m), Fly (1/9m)
Melee: Attack: BAB +4, Str +0 Damage: +0
Ranged: Attack: BAB +4, Dex +1 Damage: +0
Reconnaissance (1/1)
Arcane Reservoir (su): 5/7(max11) (+1 DC or caster level (free), quick study (full))
Consume Spells (su): 2/2
Runestone of Power (first) 0/1
Spells (Caster Level 8, Concentration +12, SR +10)
Special: (7/7) Force Missile*
Zero (14): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Spark
First (15): (3/5) Burning Hands*, Charm Person, Feather Fall, Infernal Healing, Mage Armor, Magic Missile*
Second (16) (3/5) Admonishing Ray*, Invisibility, Knock, See Invisibility
Third (17) (4/5) Fireball*, Haste, Invisibility Sphere
Fourth (18) (3/3) Ice Storm*, Scrying
* +1 DC, +4 Damage

”With a short preparation, I can make as many as four people capable of flying - speed our way out of here to spread a warning and confront the beast. That or the ladders which will take a while. What do you think?” he asks the group.

If folks agree, he’ll relearn Fly in place of Invisibility Sphere and cast it on the party, boosting it with his arcane reservoir. Everyone can fly for 9 minutes.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Hi, I probably mentioned it before but Fly spells do not work properly yet in this setting, it has to do with the planes


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

my rocket harness gives me a fly speed 80. Since that isnt a spell it should work. I could try to fly ahead and get some sort of defense mustered for the city.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

fly ahead and we here will try to slow it to allow the city to mount a defense


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Ahh, I see. Is that a campaign wide thing, 'cause obviously I'll switch out that spell if I can't ever use it. :)

Femi agrees, "Cretien, fly ahead and warn those who need to be warned, then come back as we'll be trying to slow it down as well - or destroy it if we can."

He starts climbing the ladders.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

There is an event later in the campaign which has to do with the Air plane of Avilona and then flight is available. Chretien, how far can you fly with your rocket?


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

10 min per use, speed 80, so with double moves each turn that is 80*2*10*10=16000ft / 5280 = just over 3 miles per use. I get 8 uses per day so maxing out just over 24 miles.


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

"Cretien go. We'll follow as fast as we can." she moves toward the ladders.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

Cretien reaches back to his metallic pack, unfolding and locking into place the control arms for his rocket backpack. Ensuring fire crystal levels were appropriate, he looked up into the bright sky and blasted off, leaving a trail of smoke in his wake. He spiraled out of the way of the behemoth and turned towards the city.

traveling about 18 mph, about the average speed of a racing bicycle. I am looking to get somewhere, wherever Cretien would think appropriate, to get the most notice to the largest part of the city's defenses. I am not looking for regular military guys with guns and low level spells, I am looking for serious siege engine power and/or stuff like the big ship laser from the beginning of the game and/or high level mages.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Don't you want to get back to hotel where the King and the city governor are?


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13
GMEDWIN wrote:
Don't you want to get back to hotel where the King and the city governor are?

if that makes sense, then sure. wherever Cretien would think would be the best course of action to save the city and prevent the largest loss of life. i presume the king and governor have the authority and means to command troops effectively. Cretien knows he can't order the laser to be fired.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Chretien launches up out through the newly made crater in Cauldron hill and makes his way towards Hotel Aurun, where he knows the King is still staying overnight.

You fly by the collosus and it is well bigger than the largest ship in the fleet.

The colossus almost waves at Chretien, intrigued by what he is doing and then stares off at the sunrise, its base primitive mind marvels at the beauty of a world it has never seen. It stands still for a few minutes.

The rest of the party, the soldiers and Kvartiy start to climb up to the top of the crater first by using the ladders on the side of the walls and then the soldiers start to brandish grapples and ropes to traverse the last 100 ft or so.

Femi, Iva and Rognar, please give me some climb checks.


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

They’re ladders, then ropes, so taking-10 should be sufficient. If not…

Climb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Climb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Climb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Climb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

Chretien will take a little time, actually, to try to communicate with the colossus now that it appears to not be single-mindedly trying to destroy the city.

"Can you hear me? Understand me?"


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The colossus grabs Chretien, puts him on his shoulder and then traipses off downhill toward the city. Not really understanding anything.

Chretien Perception DC 10

Spoiler:
You get the opinion that the golem is completely confused and looks at everything with a sense of wonder. Of course it is extremely huge and represents a threat to the city either way

Eventually Borne continues moving, slowly stomping its way down the mountainside. It triggers massive rockslides that would kill anyone still on the mountain, though luckily the natives of The Nettles fled here months ago, thanks to the warnings of the skyseer Nevard(from Adventure 2).

The colossus stumbles several times, having never actually walked before, and eventually it stops at level ground between the base of Cauldron Hill and Stanfield Canal.

The party gets to the top of the crater and Kvartiy says, "Guys, I wish you all luck but this looks as if the world is going to end and I think I need some Samogon or how you say... White Lightning."


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

Cretien will use the brooch of the spectacled boar to shoot off to the side hoping to draw the colossus's attention away from the direction of the city and direct him another way. If that doesn't work he will try to lob some grenades off of the creature's shoulder and down to the ground to redirect the creature's curiosity.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The collosus seems wholly unaffected by the laser and the grenades he stumbles a bit and seems to play hop scotch on some buildings near Stanfield Canal and then walks around the Nettles.

By this point the rest of the party runs into Asrabey and he says,"Thanks for the assist... I need to bring my wife back to the Dreaming." and then he poofs off.

To the Hotel?


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

Cretien then blasts off to alert the King


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi follows as best he can, wheezing with the effort to keep up with the rest of the group.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

Rognar will take 10 giving him 14, using a rope and the edge of the wall that is enough to climb up
Rognar hefts his blade unto his back securely and climbs out of the crater with the rest then jogging along as a quick speed to try to catch the behemoth construction saying should I cast blessing of fervor on the group. It will speed you up and then you can change it to help you hit.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

I assume everyone is going to try to speak to the King at the hotel. Attacking something 2x the size of an aircraft carrier with an axe, is a bit daft.

Chretien flies on his rocket pack towards the Hotel Aurum where the King has been staying throughout the summit. It takes him about 20 minutes to arrive and panic has of yet to set in and most people are still sleeping. You go up the stairs to go to the King's quarters. You see that the Danoran contingent no longer has guards on post.
The guards let him in.

Chretien

Spoiler:
You see the king and he is taking in some coffee and is wearing a sleeping robe and he says, "Constable Dufresne, was your mission successful? Hmm... mayhap not" he then checks his pocket watch and guesstimates dawn... "From Dawn until now has only been about 35 minutes. Something must have happened... what?"

The rest of the party make their way down Cauldron Hill.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

"Massive construct headed this way. It has a child-like mind, not malicious seeming but also not careful with its movements and such is likely to annihilate any structures in its path."

9,201 to 9,250 of 9,765 << first < prev | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zeitgeist: Act 1... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.