1. GM Edwin's Zeitgeist Campaign

Game Master Insnare

When the people and King of Risur have internal or external enemies but won't or can't call in the military... They Call in the RHC(Royal Homeland Constabulary)

Act 1: The Investigation Begins!
Chapter 1: The Island at the Axis of the World
Chapter 2: The Dying Skyseer
Chapter 3: Digging for Lies
Chapter 4: Always on Time
Chapter 5: Cauldron Born
RHC HQ
FLINT CITY
Zeigeist World Map
Avery Coast Train
Lantern

Act 2: The Grand Design

Chapter 6: Revelations From the Mouth of a Mad Man


9,301 to 9,350 of 9,766 << first < prev | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | next > last >>

Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi agrees with Rognar, "Yes, let's have it follow us. Our misses will do measurable damage to the vicinity anyway so best keep it to a minimum if we can."

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

C+F:

Geography: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

"I thought were were just trying to keep it's attention. That's what I thought the guns were for to get it's attention back if we lose it."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

About ten minutes later than planned you can start to see the COlossus come into range. But it is still following the special ops unit that was firing off fireworks. The King takes his place between the two turret cars.

Ok, I need one person per battery to give me diplomacy or intimidate checks to get your crews to load the shells and the firegem sack into the cannons. Also you get to roll assistance checks on the attack rolls. The higher your score the more Shots you can fire off per 5 minute round. I need Chretien to man the locomotive and give me Engineering checks. Femi will be giving Arcana checks to see where the shells go and also add lights or streaks to get its attention. Hitting the collosus will definitely get its attention. Please be descriptive.


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi will substitute Glitterdust for See Invisibility before they get going. During the run, he’ll burn off all his spells, trying to keep the monsters attention. Spells he feels might help include:

Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, and Spark unlimited
Force Missiles x7
Burning Hands x3
Glitterdust x3
Fireball x4
Ice Storm x3

He carefully spaces out his casting so it’s not used up all at once, or too soon. He keeps it for emergencies, areas that are too populated to fire shells, etc. Basically as needed excepting the cantrips which he uses frequently naturally.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

”Ho there, keep those shells and sacks coming! Good job! Good job! Remember we’re all in this together - even the King is on board this train doing what he can to save the city. You think we’d put put his life needlessly at risk? Hell no! C’mon folks, step it up, step it up, we’re all in this together…”

Femi shouts and cheers and cajoles as much as he can to help the gunners with their tasks. He’s careful to stay well out of the way as they know their business far better than he. If he absolutely must aid in the firing process, he does, and hopes he doesn’t make things worse.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

engineering: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31

Cretien mans the engine, looking out the side window back at the Colossus. He has one hand on the throttle, speeding up and slowing down the train to keep it safely well out of reach of the creature while keeping it in the guns range.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Iva and Rognar


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Iva stands in the front of the car and calls out to her crew. "Come on people. Get these loaded. We need to get the creatures attention to save the city. Look lively. There are lives hanging the balance."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

Rognar starts chanting out to the crew to get them in time, a cadence to move the loading and firing along

diplo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Chretien gets a good feel on which speed to start off with and is able to adjust to the collossus' movements.

Rognar and Iva are able to get their gun crews to load and fire their shots in an efficient manner adjusting with the train as it goes through twists and turns. Iva's shots go by the collosus right where they ought to be.

Rognar 1-50 wild miss and 51-100 hits collosus 1d100 ⇒ 10

Rognar's shots miss the being completely and do not strike it nor help either.

The King waits until the golem is within his safe distance to start his ritual, waving his arms with incantations. Anel Nathra...

The golem looks intrigued at the pretty streaks in the air and shrugs its shoulders and starts to jog after the train.
Round 1

Everyone, next set of rolls, please.


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

engineering: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

diplo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Rognar continues urging the crew to aim and load the cannon and fire once more to draw the Colossus on.


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Iva watches as the attacks hit, and the golem turns. "It's working. He's following us now. Keep it up. We have to keep his attention."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Chretien keeps the speed about right maintaining a reasonable distance from the collosus.

Iva's battery again fires its shots just over the beast's shoulders maintaining interest.

1d100 ⇒ 52 same as last round Rognar's attacks hit the collosus 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9 striking the beast in the chest and 1d3 ⇒ 1 1= landing on the train and rest no... 1d12 ⇒ 5 and a witchoil monster squirts out of the wound caused by the attack landing behind the monster in the forest.

You cans see its mood change from delight to anger and it is now trying to catchup to you.

The King's maintains his ritual.

Round 2


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi does what he can to keep the beast motivated... but not too motivated.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Can I get your rolls and actions please?


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

engineering: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34

sorry had that error again where i hit submit and it acts like i hit preview but wont actually let me submit. meant to try again later and forgot

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

diplo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Rognar curses a bit and tries to adjust fire as needed


Shot Putter Funkmeister

I want to pick up the pace. Iva's turn.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Chretien keeps the train steady You see the Danoran ship come into view and it fires a full broadside at the Collosus1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20 hitting the gigantic golemic thing.. It looked like it was going to attack you but then chooses to move towards the ship and slams a fist at the ship 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17. Chretien slows the train down to not mess up the King's ritual.

Turrets barely miss the collosus.

Round 3


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

engineering: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi moves between the cars, checking on the troops and aiding where he can. Every so often, he throws a spell over his shoulder at or near the colossus to keep its attention. He hopes the King is making headway with his ritual.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Iva stands tall and tries to keep the morale of her crew up as she asks them to draw the collosus back toward them.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Rognar diplo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

The damaged Danoran ship fires at the golem 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Engineering 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

The Danoran vessel is able to strike the golem the golem tries to keep pace with the ship 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 but the ship is able to get itself out of harm's way and the Golem starts moving towards you again.

Rognar and Iva's guns are able to get the golem's attention but not striking it and Chretien has the train's shovellers stoke up the engine's fire just in time to maintain distance keeping the king's spell going.

Round 4


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

"Good job. Keep it up men." Iva calls out as she feels the train speeding up.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi does what he can for the team.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Chretien, Rognar


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Rognar diplo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The golem starts to laugh at the pretty incendiary fireworks flying by him again and starts skipping after you.

Chretien has the train purring and seems to be in lockstep with golem as well as the windy track.

The shots go over the shoulder of golem keeping him occupied.

Round 5

This round is going to be a bit more difficult because of the terrain.


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi worries about the terrain making their jobs more difficult, but he can only continue on.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Gee, thanks dice bot. Way to lend a hand.


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

"We've got his attention, men! Let's keep it. Iva screams at her team as she holds to something as the train says back and forth.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Rognar diplo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Iva's battery is able to put the shells right over the shoulder of the golem however Rognar hits the golem square in the chest. The golem takes advantage of the windy terrain and hops over hills the train has to wind around and smashes the caboose engine in the rear section of the train smashing it to bits leaving it dangling.

The two closest characters to the engine is ROgnar and Femi.

GM rolls

Spoiler:
1d4 ⇒ 2 1d12 ⇒ 9 1d12 ⇒ 9

Two witchoil monsters fly off the golem where Rognar's crew hit and land in the mountains. You make a mental note of the location for the monster hunters later.

Round 6
Either Rognar or Femi must detach the engine from the back of the train Any ideas are valid please tell me what you want to do and then I will give you a roll. Iva and Chretien should continue with their rolls.


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi isn’t sure he’s strong enough to do any good - he’s not terribly physical, so he tries to get out of Rognar’s way. If he can help with a Haste, or maybe even Mage Hand, he’ll do so.

If by aiding he can help, he tries…
Aid another: 1d20 ⇒ 20 (+0 strength, +4 CMB) vs DC 10

(lol - figures I'd crit now!)


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

roll engineering: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (15) + 23 = 38


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Iva yells as the train is hit. "Come on me we have his attention! Keep it up. My team will release the caboose. We need to keep hitting it."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Rognar Strength 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Rognar and Femi together are able to disconnect the caboose engine from the train.

50/50 1d100 ⇒ 76 and Iva's barrage hits the golem making it angry as it swipes a mountain peak at the rear of the train 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29 and Rognar and Femi Reflex DC 15 Rognar 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 and Femi 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 both failing taking 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 1) = 9 damage from the rubble. Also damaging 1d2 ⇒ 2... both of the cannon on that car while losing 1d40 ⇒ 1 in spite of it all, only one crewmember of Rognar's group was lost.

Last Round


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

roll engineering: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28

Cretien holds on for dear life as blows rock the train and he manages to keep the speed correct.


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi will cast infernal healing on himself and Rognar as time allows, but his main focus is on keeping the golem, well, er, focused on the train.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

"We're almost there. We can do this men!" Iva continues to yell to be heard above the crashing sounds.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Rognar

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

diplo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

assist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Rognar encourages the crew pointing saying a couple more shots and we can do it, well done!


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Chretien keeps the train moving steady and Iva and Femi puts a good shell on the golem and the shells scream over its left shoulder where it needs to go.

During the half-hour of desperate maneuvering to avoid the colossus’s wrath, the rain overhead intensifies into a thunderstorm, and as King Aodhan’s spell reaches its crescendo a green light swirls around the colossus like a century of vines wrapped around an abandoned vehicle. The colossus surges toward the king and party and raises its fists, but then the light flashes and the colossus is simply gone. The ground heaves at the sudden vacuum, but the storm abates, and air is filled with the fresh scent of spring.

The King doubles over atop the train engine, weak and exhausted. The soldiers and sailors who had helped you... after witnessing what the king had done kneel out of respect.

The king says weakly,"Let's get back to Flint."


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi also kneels before the King but rises quickly when the King commands their movement. He needs a quiet place to collapse. Best hurry back.

He shouts out to the crew, ”We’ve done it, now let’s get our King home safely, and quickly. Now men, get cracking!”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

”Good work all. Let’s go home. We saved the city today.” she says as she stands after kneeling to the king.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

Rognar will attend the king with any healing he might need or comfort tto be offered in a warm drink or such. do you require aid Majesty?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

King Aodhan says, "We are not on the yet to be completed Flint-Slate line... Flint will be fine." he chuckles which turns into a wincing cough as he sits down.

The men on the train let off a little steam a little laughter after such an ordeal. Legends about the daring attack that the King did against Cherage during the 3rd Yerasol War flood forward to their minds before he was King.

He says to Rognar, "I have just called upon the energy of every soul in Risur to banish that golem thingy to the Dreaming but I will be alright."

He then turns to Chretien, "Constable Dufrene, is there a junction up ahead soon or shall we go back to Flint in Reverse?"


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

Cretien answers the king in the manner most appropriate given what he things about the train line and the possible damage to any tracks.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Chretien engages the locomotives reversing gear and the train starts to go back towards Flint. You see the smashed trees and the mountain that was stoic now has a crushed top from the colossus, you see the small craters from your barrages that were intended not to strike the beast but has left their indelible mark on the landscape.

The King calls to you and says, "The destroyed parts of the city will be rebuilt, and the dead mourned. But first, the I seek your counsel."

As the damaged train inches closer to the outskirts of FLint, he sags onto a seat and tells you, "The colossus has been banished. It’s now in the Dreaming, where I hope it’s beyond the reach of the Obscurati. I intend to send messengers to the Unseen Court to ask for their aid in keeping the machine from falling back into enemy hands, though I worry the fey might view the sudden arrival of the colossus as an act of war. Still, that’s an easier mission than the one I have for you. Take time to heal, recover, and prepare," he insists.

"But once our agents find a lead, you will need to be ready to go anywhere at a moment’s notice. Today, I am content to just have driven the colossus away, but when WE cross paths with it again, I want that damned weapon for working for Risur, not Danor, not the Ob. I wants to know why the Obscurati were building it, and either how to control it, or how to destroy it." He coughs...up a little blood.

He pulls out a handkerchief and wipes away the blood and then says, "Enough beating around the bush, THE question I have for you, then, is what happens now between Risur and Danor. If I tells the people this was an attack by Danor, it will definitely help with the rebuilding, and might be best for the security of the nation. But it’s not quite true. I am not sure our people will appreciate the nuance of a multinational conspiracy that happens to be headed by the Sovereign of Danor, even if not all of Danor is part of it."

Ironically, coincidentally, seredipitously, as you chug past the lagoon where the Freux Rouge is, "By tomorrow, the crew of that ship will either be heroes who helped Risur defend against a mysterious new foe, or they’ll be enemies, doomed for prison and possibly execution. What do you think?"


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi listens to his Lords considerations. He thinks as long as he dares when the King finishes speaking.

”My Lord, I think they should be heroes, for heroes they are. Do not damn a whole culture to war over the acts of a raving Monarch.” Femi advises after some thought. ”If this is truly a multinational conspiracy, then treat it as such, nothing more or less. Crop the dead flesh, so that the limb might be saved.”

He considers a moment, ”Though as you say, that is the harder path, and fraught with danger. Your decision is not an easy one. But if by my magic, I can aid you, I shall,” he adds firmly.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

"I am inclined to agree. If we damn the entire nation, we lose a potential ally. Their people may not want war with us. Perhaps unrest can be stirred there to distract our true enemy and gain the help of their people foisting out the ill of mind."

9,301 to 9,350 of 9,766 << first < prev | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zeitgeist: Act 1... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.