1. GM Edwin's Zeitgeist Campaign

Game Master Insnare

When the people and King of Risur have internal or external enemies but won't or can't call in the military... They Call in the RHC(Royal Homeland Constabulary)

Act 1: The Investigation Begins!
Chapter 1: The Island at the Axis of the World
Chapter 2: The Dying Skyseer
Chapter 3: Digging for Lies
Chapter 4: Always on Time
Chapter 5: Cauldron Born
RHC HQ
FLINT CITY
Zeigeist World Map
Avery Coast Train
Lantern

Act 2: The Grand Design

Chapter 6: Revelations From the Mouth of a Mad Man


9,501 to 9,550 of 9,797 << first < prev | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | next > last >>

Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 23/69+18, AC: 23/19/23, Saves: 11/12/7 I: 4, P: 12, Spell Points: 12/14

"Assuming that this circle works..." Whispered Javier to the rest of the group. "And given what he had said us, I think we might have to try and figure out a way to convince the crowd that Brakken had good intentions if we can't discredit the witnesses" He mused. "After all it is not like he was doing any harm."


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 6 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

GM:

Okay, I'll just stay with the group then, but I will cast detect magic as I enter the room.

I will then sweep the room looking for people concentrating on magic spells. What I'm really looking for is someone who is concentrating on detect magic. If there isn't anyone in the room, then I'm gonna drop my stare plus detect thoughts on both of the guys in the "fight".

If there is someone using detect magic, I'll hold off on using detect thoughts on them right away and will instead try to exit the room and do it outside in the hallway.

Sense Motive DC to notice me spellcasting: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (5) + 26 = 31

John rejoins the others in the courtroom, saying "Now is not the right moment."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

what we need here is a set of questions or way to discredit our accusers Rognar whispers as he listens to the orcs testimony looking for holes or clues


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Iva stands, and addresses the court.

"Thank you. I would like to question the witness now, please."

This urge that came over you as you say. Did you feel as if you had no choice to stop fighting as if your mind was not your own? Or did the desire to fight just diminish? If you had wanted to you could have continued to fight, correct? Why do you believe his staying "stop" was sorcery? Could it possibly have been his natural charisma and his status in the revolution made you fell like the fight shouldn't continue?"


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The witness says, "I did want to fight and then it was if I was not able to. It was all mysterious that in spite of my desire, I could not. I cannot speak to his charisma. I had heard that he had stared down a bear and a friend of mine said it was falsehood."


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

"It is unsurprising that you would stand down before the state of a man who stared down a bear. That is no proof of sorcery, and I believe we operate on proof rather than heresay in courts? Or am I mistaken in that regard?"


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 6 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

"More importantly, how do we know that YOU were not the one to use mind magics on the other man in an attempt to assassinate the ambassador during the fight?"


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Glaucia looks at John and Cretien and says, "Rulio, you are not required to respond. Although you are companions of Ms. Skipwith-Darling, she may cross-examine as she is the defendant's attorney. Your chance to speak shall come when and after you testify. However, the plaintiff here, knows his own heart and what his intentions were, his testimony on the matter is applicable because he is a first hand witness. The plaintiff is standing in the truth circle and it has already been proven to be functioning. We are looking for the truth. There is no physical evidence left behind by mind control magic. Unless there was a potion involved but that is not applicable in this case. In addition, neither of the plaintiffs were carrying any weapons and an assassination attempt completely unfounded. You are not helping the ambassador with such an outburst."

You can tell that the mood of the crowd is starting to go against you.

She then turns to Iva, "Do you have any further questions for the first Plaintiff at this time?"

If you want Iva to ask any more questions, ask her to. You will get your opportunity to cross-examine after you give your testimony. Glaucia is about as equal in importance to the crowd in Ber. The trick here is asking the right questions. Not throwing accusations.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

yeah I didnt make accusations but if we are talking feelings in a court... ya lost me hahaha


Shot Putter Funkmeister

In a world where Magical Mind Control is a thing, then magical truth telling is also a thing. ...


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

telling the truth about what he thought is not the same as reporting fact. Classic polygraph bunk science


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's easy enough to get around magical truthtelling though.... all you need is a bard with sculpt sound.


Panoply HP 47/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi leans over to Iva and suggests with a whisper, "Try asking them about their motives for fighting. I think they're agents sent to hamper us and ruin the ambassadors reputation. Maybe asking them pointed questions about that will trip them up."


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 23/69+18, AC: 23/19/23, Saves: 11/12/7 I: 4, P: 12, Spell Points: 12/14

"Could be a good idea." Javier nodded to Femi, besides he didn't think they had much of a chance to make the accusations of mind control drop, given that Brakken was going to be forced to confess with truth telling magic, but perhaps the crowd will be lenient if the other party proves to be in the wrong...


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

"What was your motive for fighting in the first place? Is violence first generally part of your nature? Is that acceptable behavior on the streets of Ber? How did you recognize the Ambassador as the Ambassador? What are your feelings toward him and the job he does? Do you have a bias against those in power or him in particular?"

Profession Barrister: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Rulio says, "For me it was self defense. I spilled the wine on the other gentleman and then that is when the fight broke out. When someone hits you it is normal to hit back. By his face, he is in the newspaper from time to time. I generally think the bear story is a croc. I really do not know what he does. Yes. That is the Beran nation. Like I said the Bear story seems fishy."

Iva

Spoiler:
You get the feeling that questions you asked may be better suited to be asked to the next Plaintiff because he initiated the fight.


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 6 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

Before the testimony continues:

"My apologies. I meant no disrespect to the court." offered John with a bow.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Glaucia dismisses Rulio and calls the next plaintiff, "Senor Foldero, it is your turn to give your testimony."

He steps forward and she goes through the truth circle procedure again and the fire sparks when he tells a lie.

Glaucia says, ""Senor Foldero, what led up to the fight between you and the alleged mind control of you and Senor Rulio?"

The other orc still wearing his shirt(more like a blouse really) covered with a red wine stain, "I was also at the protest trying to voice my opinion about how revolution may be leaving the people behind. My brother in law bought me this shirt and I was already quite riled up by the protest... Well, the pitcher of wine was spilled on my nice shirt and it got my dander up right well, it surely did and I swung at Senor... Rulio was that his name... I pushed him and he pushed me back and I was winding up for a left cross as you know, I hit the ambassador with my elbow and I guess his tooth done popped out. I then tried to grab the Ambassador and throw him at Rulio because Rulio looked like he was going to punch me again and then the Minotaur yelled stop and then somehow not only did the Rulio drop his punch as he was about to throw it, I could not throw a punch neither. But Senor Folderol served in the forces and well can tell when he is being manipulated by brujería."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

I will assume Iva asks the same questions as before

The Orc answers, "My shirt being drenched in wine is the reason I got angry and started fighting. Violence is nature, you are wearing two kukris and a sword not to mention wearing mail so I would imagine you would concur. My friend Rush told me about him. As long as he keeps us out of wars with Risur, I will be happy. My bias against the Bruse and it is a small one by the by is that he take a season or so off from ruling when the people have real problems. But I digress."

Chretien Wisdom DC 12

Spoiler:
You remember from your numerous meeting with Lya Jierre that one of her Body Guards is named Rush Manchausen and he is a half elf.

Gather Info check DC 25 + Rest Wisdom DC 12

Spoiler:
You remember Lya Jierre has one of her Body Guards is named Rush Manchausen and he is a half elf.


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 6 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Wisdom: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

wis: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

Chretien will approach the other PCs and tell them quietly, "Ask for Rush's last name and race. Don't mention it prior to asking, but if the last name is Manchausen and the race is half elf, then the Rush character is Lya Jierre's bodyguards."


Panoply HP 47/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34 vs DC 25
Wisdom: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 vs DC 12

Femi nods, confirming Cretian's information. "Yes, this is well known." he whispers. He turns to Iva and adds, "Exactly, and when you've confirmed his identity, ask him if he was acting under orders to start this fight. I bet they won't think kindly of an outsider influencing their ambassador. It's entrapment!"

He smiles, thinking that things are finally turning their way.


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Iva nods to her companions and moves forward to start another round of questioning. "Senor Foldero could you tell me what your friend Rush's last name is please? Why did you speak about he Ambassador? What did he tell you about the Ambassador? Just a description or something else? By the way, what is your friend Rush's race?"


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Foldero whispers "Mierde." under his breath.

He says, "Manchausen or some such Malice Land name. He wanted us to start a brawl in his vicinity. He told me that Ambassador Brakken cannot take a punch and would most likely use his mental powers to control us to stop fighting. He is a mixed elf, I think."

The crowd seems to be thawing to the case of Brakken.

Glaucia says, "Any more questions councellor?"


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 23/69+18, AC: 23/19/23, Saves: 11/12/7 I: 4, P: 12, Spell Points: 12/14

"Maybe we can press him a bit more about Manchausen, what if you toss to the crowd the fact that Rush is an agent of Danor, make it sound casual, but let the crowd figure out on its own what it means..." Suggested Javier in whispers to Iva


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

"Do you know Senor Manchausen's profession? Were you aware he's an agent of Danor when you agreed to start this brawl to ruin the Ambassador's reputation?"


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Senor Folderol trips back as if he has become sick and says, "No, I thought he was a merchant. No."

He lurches over and falls to the ground in shock and dispair. The truth circle does not flare up and Glaucia dismisses the witness.

Glaucia says, "Interesting. Ambassador Brakken, now step forward."

She has Brakken follow the procedure with the circle and the fire flaring up and she then asks him for his testimony on the events, Brakken tells the story from his perspective, which was just that these two men started fighting and fell into him, and then he was getting hit, so he yelled at them to stop. Glaucia presses, asking if he used magic. Brakken glares at her, since they both know his admission might ruin his career.


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 23/69+18, AC: 23/19/23, Saves: 11/12/7 I: 4, P: 12, Spell Points: 12/14

meh I just thought that Javier could have been more useful by joining the crowd and trying to stir its sentiment from within... oh well next time


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Well, you can try it..


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

"Interesting that Danor would want to condemn the man, yet here we are. If they don't want him around, I wonder who else might be, knowingly or unknowingly, be happy to assist Danor by discrediting this man? Seems most un-revolutionary to allow Danor to meddle in this fine nation's politics." Cretien says in an even tone, allowing people to draw their own conclusions. Leaning in to Iva, he asks quietly, "Can you motion to have the case dismissed on these grounds? Preferably before he answers the question."


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

What he did was a spell like ability not a spell correct. He could say he did not use a spell. Which is the truth."

Your Honor, In light of Danor clearly meddling in the affairs of Ber, I move that this case be dismissed. This is clearly a case of a foreign entity trying to insert their agenda on this fine country's duly appointed officials."

Kow Barrister: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Glaucia says, "It is true that Danor messing in the affairs of members of our appointed officials is an extremely dire problem, however, appointed officials also know that tampering with someone's mind is not condoned either way."

Iva

Spoiler:
Mind control is one of the most serious crimes in Ber behind treason and murder in severity.

She then turns back to Brakken, "What happened ambassador?"

He looks back at Iva and says, “I did no harm to them. In fact, I spared them further injury. But yes, I used magic to calm them. Once I passed they would have been free to keep fighting. I did not steal their liberty.”

She then asks for a list of his powers and he gives them to her and asks if he has ever used them and he says, "I have only ever used my powers as an adult to further peace and to serve the state making deals with my counterparts from different countries."

Then he leaves the circle and she moves it forward. Then comes two eyeball witnesses who just relay the events of what happened not adding any new information and they make an effort to talk up their role in dragging the minotaur to justice.

Iva asks them some questions but they just explain the fight as they saw it.

Glaucia says, "It is now time for the Ambassador's Risuri friends to tell us about the Ambassador's character. The first I call to the stand is Constable Euphemia Ferka. The ambassador says you have met him around the time of the big summit back in Spring, what would you like to say about the Ambassador, constable?"


Panoply HP 47/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi takes the stand with aplomb, and endeavors to tell the truth, ”I was still new to the service when I met Ambassador Brakken. I was along as we gave him a tour of the city, and I recall him being extremely empathetic. The citizens he met, even in passing, really mattered to him, you could tell. He was a stand up guy then, and he’s a stand up guy now. He knows people, and legitimately cares for their well being - not something you see every day.”

"I have never seen him take advantage of anyone."

”I understand he may have brushed up against a rule here, and perhaps he should be admonished for it. But his intent is pure and the offense, well, not worth the man’s career in my humble opinion. I hope the court will agree.” He smiles at the judge and awaits further questioning.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 18 + 2 = 26 (heroism)


Shot Putter Funkmeister

She then asks "Were you aware of his magical abilities before today? What were you going to do with him today?"

Profession Lawyer DC12 or Knowledge Local DC20

Spoiler:
You know that the last question is fishing and has no pertinence to the case and you really do not have to answer the question.

Perception DC 15

Spoiler:
John and Javier are not on the list to testify because Brakken does not know you so you could at this point slip into the crowd make a real difference changing their opinion for Brakken


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Also to speed this up, Rognar, Chretien and Iva can describe from their point of view Brakken's actions. You could include what happened during the summit with the Sovereign of Danor.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

For his part, Cretien takes the stand in the circle and says, "The Ambassador visited at a time when we were subject to an attack by a radical Drakran sect. Despite the out-of-the-ordinary and, in fact, dangerous nature of the events of that day, he carried himself with both the steely resolve of a veteran when the bombs went off and the caring nature of a parent with the citizenry on our tour. I saw no duplicity in him and he was particularly helpful and well-composed at the summit. In fact, as I think back, it is likely because of something he discovered while in our country that the Jierres are after his title. He intuited their involvement in some very serious international crimes, the details of which I dare not get into further as details are still under development and not the least bit still very classified. Without his help, I would have one less notch in my world-saving belt."


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 6 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

on it!

John slips out of room, changed his appearance, and moved back into the crowd. I'm also casting Detect Magic via subtle spells. Taking 10 on my bluff check for a 36 to identify me casting.

Moving back into the courtroom, John will sweep the room looking for magical auras.


Panoply HP 47/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 2 = 21 (heroism) vs DC 20
Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20 (heroism) vs DC 15

"I'm not sure that's a proper question your honor, but I will say I did not know he had the ability to calm fighters, and I'm not entirely sure it is as powerful as you say it is. I don't think it rises to mind control the way your old powers used to do it."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

What I remember most is that he stood well for your country and made his position clear that our country and your own have much to gain from one another and that in the face of crisis he is cool headed and well composed and not one to take foolish actions but rather actions that have the highest chance of success with the lowest risk to any other

Ragnar testifies as he sees it and believes it to be.
diplo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33


Shot Putter Funkmeister

John

Spoiler:
The only magic you can detect are the items your colleagues have on their person, the subtle magic residue of the dragon bones of the courtroom, those items on Glaucia and Brakken and the truth circle itself.

Javier Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Rognar, Iva, Femi and Chretien take one point of damage. Chretien for you she amped the heat up a little bit more because she knows that most of her countrymen do not know about tiefling's resistance to fire but someone in the crowd probably does. Javier and John, feel free to do your disguise and rabble rousing thing.

Glaucia chews on what CHretien, Femi and Rognar say and then says, "Councillor, would you like to add anything?"


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

Know Barrister: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

"I would like to add that he did not use mind control. The two witnesses were able to continue to fight after the Ambassador left the area. They were not made to do anything against their will. His character in my view is above reproach. The Ambassador has done nothing but represent the people of Ber to the best of his abilities. He acquitted himself well during a crisis that cold have brought both of our countries into war. He treated me and my colleagues with nothing but respect, and has never tried to influence us in anyway. Only his strength of character made an impression on me. I ask for a fair judgement for him. The loss of his position and title will do great harm to the country. Something that I believe Draken is hoping for. Don't fall under their control."

Know Barrister: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Iva

Spoiler:
You feel that an analogy about the mind control being less of mind control and more of motivation like a musician or a shaman might get the crowd on your side.


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 23/69+18, AC: 23/19/23, Saves: 11/12/7 I: 4, P: 12, Spell Points: 12/14

So the circle got them lying about something?

While the rest of the crowd was distracted, Javier slipped away from the group, after all, he was not officially a known agent of Risur, like the other and people were not expecting him to testify. Instead he shifted his appearance and the look of his clothes so that he would match the ones of a more working class orc and joined the group of onlookers.

There he begun to quietly work the crowd, toss a comment there, shout his support here. Trying to push the crowd to consider the Ambassador the victim in the case, one that had been framed, stirring nationalistic pride against the influence of Danor in the whole deal.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (6) + (6) + 16 = 28


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Iva asked a question that they could not lie about and spilled the beans that a Danoran agent is behind it.

Javier starts mingling with the crowd and buys himself some snacks and starts getting the people angry at the Plaintiffs. At first the crowd starts a chant of "Uno, dos ... los traidores deberían ser azotados!"

And another screams, "El palo, el palo ... dale a los orcos el palo!"


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 6 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

Watching Javier leave the courtroom, John thought for a moment and then followed him.

I guess we can see how he operates here.

Watching him start to rile up the crowd, John joins in from a different part of the crowd: knowing that it would be counterproductive to point them at the government (for now), he instead opts to point him at the two men who gave testimony that the abassador used "mind magic", instead, subtly pushing the assertion that "they" had used magic on the ambassador instead.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 or Bluff: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (17) + 26 = 43, whichever you think is most appropriate for the situation.


AC 22, T 16, FF 17 hp 84/85 Female human aristocrat 1/slayer (bounty hunter) 9 Init +7; Senses Perception +12 | Fort +10, Ref +14, Will +7

"With all due respect your honor. This is not a use of mind control. It's more like the feelings a musician would make you feel when they play a piece with all their emotions. You feel sadness or joy, or peace. The musician is creating the thing that causes the feeling to happen in you. No mind control involved."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

John notices that the people he was talking to who were starting to go the way of Javier's point of view feel that John's assertions are absurd. The people say, "There seems to be no evidence backing up your claim." or "Those two idiots aren't bright enough to be able to use magie."

The crowd is calling for the exoneration of Brakken and Glaucia shrugs her shoulders and says, "Silence! Ambassador Brakken, step forward."

The minotaur steps in front of the Executore and says, "Yes, your honor."

She continues, "Ambassador, it seems as though your actions have been mostly vindicated and that you are more than likely a target of agents of Danor. You have been serving our state for a long time and served the last Bruse as well as the current one, which means you should know better than to use your abilities on one of our people. So you have broken the letter of the law and less so the spirit. Please put out your hands, senor."

The Ambassador does and Glaucia smacks Brakken's hands once with her rod with a great deal of force.

She then says, "Speak no ill will against Ambassador Brakken and he maintains his honor in Ber."

Guards grab Rulio and he is given a light beating for a few seconds and the Foldero is given a moderate beating lasting 30 seconds This knocks him to the ground and leaves him broken and bleeding, but he’ll heal eventually.

"Court Dismissed."


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

Cretien steps forward, addressing the group (minus the two out in the audience that he does not see) and the Ambassador. "Justice is served, but now we have work to do."


Panoply HP 47/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Femi relaxes, smiling, as court is dismissed. A literal slap on the wrist, though a hard one, for his indiscretion. Seems reasonable, and everyone walks away.

He nods to Cretien, "Yes, we have work to do, let's get to it. Let's go visit the journalist."

9,501 to 9,550 of 9,797 << first < prev | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zeitgeist: Act 1... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.