1. GM Edwin's Zeitgeist Campaign

Game Master Insnare

When the people and King of Risur have internal or external enemies but won't or can't call in the military... They Call in the RHC(Royal Homeland Constabulary)

Act 1: The Investigation Begins!
Chapter 1: The Island at the Axis of the World
Chapter 2: The Dying Skyseer
Chapter 3: Digging for Lies
Chapter 4: Always on Time
Chapter 5: Cauldron Born
RHC HQ
FLINT CITY
Zeigeist World Map
Avery Coast Train
Lantern

Act 2: The Grand Design

Chapter 6: Revelations From the Mouth of a Mad Man


9,601 to 9,650 of 9,766 << first < prev | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | next > last >>

Shot Putter Funkmeister

She shrugs her shoulders and says, "Well there was the incident with the alien called Sijhen, who my sources have said came from a different planet. The Dr. just said you were suffering from maladies. By your reaction, I guess it is not the case."

You did say "Guide" had you written "Retainer" or something like that it would have succeeded easily.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

I am a Skyseer which I would say you must be familiar with and I see divinations of the futurewhixh is why I worked in that department and these sights brought me to thatt fateful day of being with the constables here and in guiding a crew to bring the Colossus away from doing more harm. I helped protect the people. That is all I did Rognar says in response and then further:

we are looking for a gnome tinkerwhom we believe is in great danger and could use some friends like us, perhaps you could help us find him? making sure he is quiet ascan be


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Melissa says, "So is a great deal of people. I tried to set up an interview with him through the Bruse but we are around 1,600 on the Bruse's waiting list. Through my sources I got a sense from everyone who interacted with Oddcog that the gnome simply was happy to be given tasks to solve, not that he was particularly wedded to the idea of working for Ber. And I also got some rumblings from a contact in the court that Shantus is receiving a lot of complaints about the gnome from the soldiers at whatever facility he’s hidden in."


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2
GMEDWIN wrote:
@Femi, "SO what did you do as a member of Station C in Chrysalir?"

"Not too much really. Saw some action sure, but not a lot. Mostly pushed paper around and learned the inner workings of a stationed troop contingent."

When she reveals a little about the gnome, he's appreciative, "Ah, thanks for the information. It's not much, and perhaps less than I thought you'd have, but it could be useful. We just have to find complaining soldiers!" he laughs, as that's all soldiers do with their spare time.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

She says, "Only rivaled by how often sailors complain. The article that was released this morning is a part of a bigger piece about the cronyism found in the Bruse Shantus' court. My editor wanted me to release something so I penned that one. I have also heard talk that the betrothal between King Aodhan and Lya Jierre might be nullified soon and well, I think you may be interested in this little bit of information. The night before (the 91st of Spring), I was approached by Lya Jierre and her two bodyguards. They found me at a nearby winehouse, the Malbecs are divine by the way and expressed interest in my article on Tinker, even though it had not yet even gone to press. This is extremely odd. Though suspicious, I shared everything I had about the gnome, which wasn’t much, just basically the information in the article but I did not share with her what I had just given you. And..."

Something strange happens as she is in mid-sentence the sun is blotted out and you are cannot see anything except for John who was moving to open the door but had not reached it. It is now supernaturally dark

Panoply House

You hear the sounds of ropes being dropped near you and the sound of feet as well. On the map, everyone except John cannot see anything you know where you are in relation to each other because of the conversation. Also the orcs are people who were in the manor.

INitiative: Femi 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16, Rognar 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28, Chretien 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21, John 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Javier 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18, Kort 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22, Rush 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11, Skulk 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8, Mage 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19, Brakken 1d20 ⇒ 5

Rognar, KOrt, Chretien, John, Mage, Javier, Femi, Rush, Skulks
Round 1 Rognar, Kort, Chretien, John

People are screaming.


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 6 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

Looking at the people in the room, John would simply say "You should get out of here...now." while gesturing to the door.

I assume there are no enemies I can currently see, based on the map?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

Rognar attempts to cast light and stands up to clear the chair looking for the exit knowing this is hell of dangerous wanting to move to a more quiet defensive spot


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

move action activate additional head to become immune to flanking
swift action fire with Brooch of Spectacled Boar
free action draw shield
free action expend martial focus to activate Extensive Defense, so that when I am attacked i don't have to spend an AoO to increase my AC by 4 (becoming 30)
Move action, move 10ft south (towards door) and regain martial focus by doing so

With a whir and a clank, Cretien draws his shield and takes four mighty steps forward.

Redirecting Shield in effect, triggers when I am missed:

Whenever a weapon attack (not including siege weapons, or other massive weapons) misses a creature benefiting from your active defense, you may choose a new target for the attack within its original range (for ranged attacks) or reach (for melee attacks) as a free action that can be taken even when it’s not your turn, comparing the original attack roll, with a -2 penalty, to the new target’s AC and resolving the attack as normal on a successful hit.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

sorry swift action fire with the brooch is only if Rognar's light spell works


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Rognar attempts to use his light spell but it only makes the area near him no longer supernaturally dark but still dark.

Kort


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

ah, good, as i have darkvision and can see in darkness (but couldnt see before as i dont have the See in Darkness ability of demons and the like)


Shot Putter Funkmeister

But you have moved out of that range.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13
GMEDWIN wrote:
But you have moved out of that range.

i'd be in the last square of 20ft range from him, but him moving forward would be a good idea


M Dwarf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) (Eschatologist) L9 | AC 20 (T14FF18) CMD 22 | hp 46/58 | F7 R9 W4 | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Dkvsn 60') | Bombs 9/16 | Status: 62%

Then...

Melissa wrote:
"What kind of maladies does the professor have?"
Cretien Dufrene wrote:
"What alien? And what maladies?"

"Ah, well, clearly 'tis water on the brain..." Said Dr. Runemace, glaring at Professor Dufrene. And may have to amputate... He thought darkly. Why is he spilling everything about our covert mission to a reporter?

===================================

Now...
Dr. Runemace looked around wildly as the lights went out, trying to see what is going on.
Uses his turn to try to see who suddenly arrived and what they're doing. Can I see through the darkness? I have Darkvision.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 23/69+18, AC: 23/19/23, Saves: 11/12/7 I: 4, P: 12, Spell Points: 12/14

Javier also has darkvision, but he can't see in supernatural darkness, he will stay close to Rognar for now I guess, not that it is my turn yet hehe

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

Rognar will step toward the group keeping as many of them in the light as he can and pulling out his weapon to me, this is the best I can do


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Just as everyone thinks Rognar's light spell was going to help it is extinguished.

DC 19 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

A flask also gets tossed... a flask of acid at Kort 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 17 hitting for 1d6 ⇒ 2 acid damage Femi, Rognar and Melissa take 1 pt of acid damage. Everything is back to Supernatural Light

Javier, Femi


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

supernatural light?


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Round: 1, Initiative: 16

Status:
HP: 45/47 AC: 15 (f14/t11)
Weapon Equipped = Quarterstaff, sunrod
Crossbow Bolts = 10/10
Conditions = Detect Scrying (1/24h), Mage Armor (1/9h), Heroism (50/90m)
Melee: Attack: BAB +4, Str +0 Damage: +0
Ranged: Attack: BAB +4, Dex +1 Damage: +0
Reconnaissance (1/1)
Instant Doorknocker (1/1)
Quick Runner (1/1)
Arcane Reservoir (su): 7/7(max12) (+1 DC or caster level (free), quick study (full), dimensional slide (part of move))
Consume Spells (su): 2/2
Runestone of Power (first) 1/2
Spells (Caster Level 9, Concentration +13, SR +11)
Special: (7/7) Force Missile*
Zero (15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Spark
First (16): (6/6) Burning Hands*, Feather Fall, Grease, Infernal Healing, Mage Armor, Magic Missile*
Second (17) (5/5) Admonishing Ray*, Glitterdust, Invisibility, Knock, See Invisibility
Third (18) (4/5) Clairvoyance/audience, Fireball*, Haste, Heroism
Fourth (19) (3/4) Ball Lightning*, Detect Scrying, Locate Creature
* +1 DC, +4 Damage

Femi casts Dancing Lights, spreading the light out as much as possible to help light up the combat - or at least lessen the darkness of the combat. He fumbles in his pack for a sunrod, but lacks the actions to activate it (but he at least has it in hand).


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Darkness


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Javier


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 6 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

John continues trying to shoo the people in the waiting room out the door.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Javier prepares his weapons and hopes for the best.

Rush attacks Chretien from above twice 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 = 30 hit 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 and 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 = 30 hit 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Skulk 1 attacks Rognar 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13 hit 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 and 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 5) = 10

Rognar, please fill out your character sheet and also put your ACs on the top of your posts to make it easier for me to run combat.

Skulk 2 attacks Kort 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20 hit 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4) = 8

Skulk 3 attacks Kort 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20 hit 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 2) = 8

Skulk 4 attacks Femi 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16 hit 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 + 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5) = 13

Skulk 5 attacks Chretien 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 21 miss

Skulk 6 attacks Chretien 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 20 miss

Skulk 7 attacks Javier 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23 hit 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 + 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 1) = 4

Skulk 8 attacks Javier 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28 hit 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 5) = 8

Brakken full attacks the Skulk to the north of him, quarterstaff and gore 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14, 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 and 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 miss all three

The Panoplists try to follow John's voice and John tries to open the door to leave the building but it won't budge but it does not feel like it is locked.

Round 2

Femi's Dancing lights illuminate in his square up to regular dark but everywhere else not so much.

Rognar, Kort,Chretien and John


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 6 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

A slight twitch of his eyebrow is the only sign that shows the frustration on John's face. Looking to his left and right, John said "Pick one of the side rooms that only have one entrance and go in. Barracade the door and do not come out until you have to." After giving them a moment to pick a side, John will then turn and see the darkness in the other room.

Nodding to himself, he will move just inside the darkness and then stare intently into the room.

Bluff for Conceal Spells: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (3) + 26 = 29

Readying to cast Inflict Pain on the first enemy I can see. the DC will be 20 will save, and on a failed save it gives a –4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks. A successful Will save reduces the duration to 1 round.


M Dwarf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) (Eschatologist) L9 | AC 20 (T14FF18) CMD 22 | hp 46/58 | F7 R9 W4 | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Dkvsn 60') | Bombs 9/16 | Status: 62%

*gah!* Kortemir exclaimed as he was hit and staggered by thrown acid, and at least two weapon hits out of the complete darkness around him.
He quickly assumed a defensive stance.
"If I cannot see, then NO ONE CAN!" He shouted.
He popped the proper catalyst into a bomb shell, then tossed it to where he remembered was the center of the room.
Bomb Throw attack (ranged touch): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Where the grenade landed, it spun rapidly, spewing out a thick cloud of greasy white smoke. (As Fog Cloud spell, 20 ft radius) (Should fill the room)
Now, the odds will be even... He thought.
Then he concentrated on listening for friends and foes, easing his walking stick into a two handed grip, the better to kneecap some deserving fool.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

1. i trust the +2 you applied was not for flanking, to which Cretien is immune currently? if so, those attacks miss as per my last post his AC is currently 30.

if through some circumstance they do hit, what type of damage is it? that is important

and for those that DO miss, i redirect their attacks to their own allies


Shot Putter Funkmeister

[ooc] Those attacks DO HIT. The damage is magic Bludgeoning Damage. But I am glad you reminded me to look it up. And both of those attacks miss the enemy. Although, aren't you flat footed because of the supernatural darkness in your square but now because of Kort's smoke bomb you probably couldn't see.[/b]


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

damage noted. not flat footed as far as the rules go, but i do lose DEX to AC when unable to see so its almost the same thing. being blinded (which deeper darkness doesnt inflict the blindness condition but i assume that i would count at least somewhat as blinded) causes you to lose DEX to AC, and being flat-footed causes you to lose DEX to AC, but blinded doesn't cause you to be flat-footed.

So my AC last round was 26 normal, +4 because i equipped my shield, -3 for not having DEX, so 27. The combination of talents i was using increases my shield bonus to AC by 4 making my AC 31. And it will continue to be that moving forward in the fight. My question is, was that +2 to their attacks because of flanking, or because of the presumed (though correct) fact that we are unable to see them and thus you were adding +2 to their attacks rather than calculating a -2 to our AC as per blinded or invisible (whichever you want to consider it) enemies. Because if it was flanking, they don't get that vs Cretien and the attacks would all have missed. But if you were just adjusting for our penalties to AC, then that would be valid and two of them would have hit. If the two 30s missed, then it would be 28 for them to hit their allies.

Cretien lashes out in the direction of one of the attacks he has taken with a pair of bites.

i roll all miss chances where higher is best in my favor
miss chance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 17 50 or less misses for not seeing them in the darkness
miss chance 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 87 20 or less misses for the fog cloud

missed due to darkness so i wont bother rolling hit and damage

second attack
miss chance 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 31 50 or less misses for not seeing them in the darkness
miss chance 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 33 20 or less misses for the fog cloud
another miss due to darkness

expending focus to do the same thing with my shield as last time, redirecting any misses against me to their own allies with the same attack roll -2. However, I don't regain my focus after i do it this time.

Current AC is 29 counting all bonuses and penalties (so no need to bake AC penalties into attack rolls, and i am still immune to flanking)


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 23/69+18, AC: 23/19/23, Saves: 11/12/7 I: 4, P: 12, Spell Points: 12/14

I think that Javier might go for earth elemental as a shapeshift (fire seems a bit dangerous inside a building...) I can't remember the walls and floors are made of wood or stone?

I also realized that I made a small mistake in my armor class while flat footed, it should be a bit higher as Unarmored training still applies, they would still hit me though as his armor class is still very dexterity dependant... I'll fix it asap.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Rognar 50% vs Darkness 1d100 ⇒ 18 20% vs Smoke 1d100 ⇒ 7 both hit 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 hit 1d10 ⇒ 9

Mage clockwise starting with Rognar 1d8 ⇒ 7 = Femi 1d100 ⇒ 50 hit Femi is hit with 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4, 4, 3) + 4 = 16 magic missile damage.

Javier, Femi


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 23/69+18, AC: 23/19/23, Saves: 11/12/7 I: 4, P: 12, Spell Points: 12/14

Javier found himself dazed by the sudden darkness and lost an action hehe, but he quickly regained his bearing, calling on to his protean gift, he changed his flesh into air, becoming a miniature roaring storm of debris and wind. Then he discorporated, generating a powerful whirlwind in the hope of shaking away the attackers around him.


Javier will use a move action to tranform using Elemental Transformation (Air, Increase size to Huge or large if there isn't enough space to fit him, Trip, Dragon Breath 30 ft cold cone 3d8 DC18) for 2 spell points, turning into an huge air elemental. Then he will use the the standard action to use the elemental whirlwind ability (it will last just 4 rd though) and envelop his original square and all the ones around it (so 3 enemies, + half of the space occupied by Brakken).

New Stats:
hp 44/69 + 18 Temporary
AC 23, touch 19, flat-footed 23 6 resist to electricity and 50% chance to avoid precision damages. As long as he is a whirlwind he also doesn't cause or make opportunity attacks.
Str 18, Dex 14, Con 20
Attacks2 Slams +13 (2d6+5)+ sneak attack 2d6 and Fatal Trust 2d6
Whirlwind(DC 19, 5ft, 15ft): Can't make attacks, but does not cause opportunity attacks. Enemies within his area must make a dc 18 saving throw to avoid taking 2d6+5 damages and another not to get picked up, picked up creatures take slam damages each rd, can't move, and get -4 dex an -2 to attacks, they must succeed a DC15+level concentration check to cast spells. They can escape with a reflex save. Creatures within 15 ft have concealment and if they are more then 5 ft from each other they have total concealment.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/universal-monster-rule s#TOC-Whirlwind-Su-


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Round: 3, Initiative: 16

Status:
HP: 13/47 AC: 15 (f14/t11)
Weapon Equipped = Quarterstaff, sunrod
Crossbow Bolts = 10/10
Conditions = Detect Scrying (1/24h), Mage Armor (1/9h), Heroism (50/90m)
Melee: Attack: BAB +4, Str +0 Damage: +0
Ranged: Attack: BAB +4, Dex +1 Damage: +0
Reconnaissance (1/1)
Instant Doorknocker (1/1)
Quick Runner (1/1)
Arcane Reservoir (su): 7/7(max12) (+1 DC or caster level (free), quick study (full), dimensional slide (part of move))
Consume Spells (su): 2/2
Runestone of Power (first) 1/2
Spells (Caster Level 9, Concentration +13, SR +11)
Special: (7/7) Force Missile*
Zero (15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Spark
First (16): (6/6) Burning Hands*, Feather Fall, Grease, Infernal Healing, Mage Armor, Magic Missile*
Second (17) (5/5) Admonishing Ray*, Glitterdust, Invisibility, Knock, See Invisibility
Third (18) (4/5) Clairvoyance/audience, Fireball*, Haste, Heroism
Fourth (19) (3/4) Ball Lightning*, Detect Scrying, Locate Creature
* +1 DC, +4 Damage

Seeing as his Dancing Lights strangely didn’t work as expected, he decides to get out of dodge while he can still walk. He covers his head and moves to the exit as fast as he can (double move until he’s somewhere he can again see).


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You cannot become huge because it is too tight and you might kill brakken and injure Chretien

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

Rognar not being able to see and lost in the fog moves to the door and begins summon monster IV


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 23/69+18, AC: 23/19/23, Saves: 11/12/7 I: 4, P: 12, Spell Points: 12/14

Ok, I thought that Chretien would be out of the area as huge is 3x3 squares if I remember well and I had no idea that Brakken would be affected as he is not fully in the area, or if he was at risk of dying anyway from 2d6 damages.Anyway I can switch to large and take the two guys close to me, but in that case the whirlwind will just be 1d8+3 and DC 17. Btw are we in the open or do we have a roof over our head?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Now that you are changing the borders had awnings that over hang the atrium in the middle. but most of the combat space where you are is open air.

AOOs now that he is turning into an Air elemental, the smoke bomb Kort tossed is blown away. Skulk 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 miss
Skulk 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 miss
Skulk 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 hit 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 + 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4) = 14 for flatfootedness

Reflex Saves DC 17 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 fail , 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 pass 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 fail... one is picked up 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage.

Femi, You can see well enough with your dancing lights that trying to make a break for it, will have you get attacked. I can have you move 5ft out of harms way towards the whirlwind.


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

Fine. I'll take a 5' step and cast Infernal healing on myself to try and slow the bleeding.


Male Gnoll Troubadour 7 / Shifter 2 (Apex Shapeshifter) HP: 23/69+18, AC: 23/19/23, Saves: 11/12/7 I: 4, P: 12, Spell Points: 12/14

Yeah I'm an idiot... forgot to cast on the defensive... Anyway I guess that assuming that I'm still alive I can try to fly upward next round


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Rush full attacks Chretien from above 4 attacks 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 2 = 19 miss and 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30 crit confirm 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30 yes 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (1, 2) + 12 = 15 and 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 2 = 35 crit 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 2 = 26 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 and 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18 miss

Skulk 1 attacks Rognar 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 miss

Skulk 2 attacks Kort 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 miss

Skulk 3 attacks Kort 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 miss

Skulk 4 attacks Kort 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 hit 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Skulk 5 attacks Brakken 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 hit 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Skulk 6 attacks Brakken 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 miss

Skulk 7 5 double moves away from Javier

Skulk 8 tries to escape Javier's wind 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 success

Brakken full attacks the Skulk to the north of him, quarterstaff and gore 1d100 ⇒ 661d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 crit 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 nope 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10, 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 miss and 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 hit 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 = 11

AOOs for Kort and Femi


M Dwarf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) (Eschatologist) L9 | AC 20 (T14FF18) CMD 22 | hp 46/58 | F7 R9 W4 | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Dkvsn 60') | Bombs 9/16 | Status: 62%

(AoO)
Clipped by an attack, Dr. Runemace lashed out right back...
cold iron rune covered walking stick with heavy knob: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 for a possible 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 crush damage.


Panoply HP 17/47; AC 15/14/11; Saves 4/5/7; Init +3; Perc +10; Sense Motive +2

(AoO)

Unskilled at the quarterstaff, Femi never the less does what he can with the wood he carries around.
Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Kort's attack misses the mark but Femi is able to hit the fleeing man as he darts off.

Round 3

From above you hear, "Rush, the cops are here we best didi!"

He responds, "Lean into them!"

Rognar, Kort, Chretien and John


HP 57 | AC: 20; T: 13 ;FF: 17 | Fort +6; Ref: +11 ; Will: +15 | Init +3 | Perception +0; Sense Motive +12 | Touch Treatment: 10 | Spells/Day: 6/5 (6)/2 (3) Hypnotic Stare Penalty: -4 will saves, -3 Attack Rolls | Tricks: 6 (11) | Implanted Tricks: Fearsome Guise (Me), Fearsome Guise (Javier)

John continued his readied action.


Tiefling map Armiger (Machinehead) 9/ Aristocrat 1 // AC 26/22/15 / HP 74/84 / F +10 R +11 W +9 / Init. +3 / Perc. +15 / Sense Motive +13

you didnt respond to my last post, are you giving them +2 for flanking me or not?

this turn taking total defense action, AC is 35 (total defense action with ranks in acrobatics)

"Rush, the perennial failure. I have your name now, might as well stay and fight. You're bringing too much heat to Lya. Might as well spare her the trouble of killing you."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

No, I am not.

He says, "Sure, you will."


M Dwarf Alchemist (Chirurgeon) (Eschatologist) L9 | AC 20 (T14FF18) CMD 22 | hp 46/58 | F7 R9 W4 | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Dkvsn 60') | Bombs 9/16 | Status: 62%

Round 3
Fighting Defensively stance: AC22 (FF20,T16)

Gnashing his teeth at the loss of his smokescreen to a whirlwind, Kortemir's ears perked up at the enemies shout. Hearing Cretien call out Rush, Dr. Runemace seized on this "Rush" guy as an enemy.
Perception to locate Rush's square: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Kortemir popped the right catalyst into a bomb shell, then tossed it at Rush.
"FIRE IN THE HOLE!"
bomb throw vs touch AC: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 4 = 14 for a possible 5d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 6, 5, 4, 1) + 5 = 25 fire damage to the target directly, 10 points fire damage to each person standing in all squares around him (excepting any squares I know an ally is standing in (up to 5)).
If I still can't see, you should apply appropriate miss chance

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

A hound archon will appear and at will cast continual flame to light up the area standing next to Rognar to protect him

Rognar will touch the hound archon using his ability to give it a reroll to attack.

attack: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Rognar, you got botted last round. Do you want to move to start casting the spell or do something else? Also you did not put your AC at the top of your post as I asked. Please do it. I am travelling and the easier I can see you AC the more likely I can move the combat along faster.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle 9/Aristocrat 1 AC 18 hp max 78 +8 init, +16 perc, F+4, R +5, W +7

Please move and do the action I indicated to summon the hound archon. Thank you


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Kort's bomb hits Rush's square but since Chretien moved after the lights went out Kort does do damage to him and three other skulks. I am not applying the miss chance due to Rush speaking and you rolled high on your perception check.

Rognar moves as far he can and gets aOoed four times 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 hit 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 miss
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18 hit 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 and 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) = 9
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26 hit 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 and 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) = 5

The fire from the bomb lights up the space just enough for him to see a Skulk DC 201d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 fail

The guy above says, "I will see you later Rush."

Femi and Javier

9,601 to 9,650 of 9,766 << first < prev | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zeitgeist: Act 1... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.