DM Fflash's Iron Gods Campaign Reboot

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 3: The Choking Tower
Smokewood

Roll 20 Link


2,901 to 2,940 of 2,940 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 39/54 (-4 con), AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 10/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon withdraws from the ghost, "They're not like undead ghosts - you can hit them with normal weapons!"


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Razorend reflexively slashes as the thing leaves an opening.

AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16; Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 plus Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3

"Should we pursue, or check elsewhere first?"


Razorend's swing just barely misses the tiny creature as it darts by.

Kovax moves up to the door they entered, waiting patiently his chain spinning slightly.

Urgeon moves somewhere? (Not sure where you're withdrawing from since the ghost blew past you)

Oskar?


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

After Urgeon shout, Oskar will ready to fire if he sees something...

Readies Action:

ToHit_Rifle: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Dam_Rifle: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

ToHit_Rifle: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Dam_Rifle: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

"We should not pursue, they are not our mission. We should look elsewhere, we should look to avoid fights for now."

That being said, Ridic pulls out his scythe expecting an attack.


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

"I agree," Razorend says, but is also watching the door and waiting to see if the thing re-emerges.


Helps if you guys move your tokens for me

You move to watch the door for a moment or two, but nothing seems to happen immediately.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Ridic will head through the door.


Ridic opens the door and spies three skulls atop swirling detritis on the other side of the room. They open their mouths as they see him, but continue to hover in the back of the room, metallic eye sockets glinting in the cast light.

Actions?


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 39/54 (-4 con), AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 10/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon frowns upon seeing the skulls, "Let's not waste our time with them Ridic."

Urgeon moves on to the next door and opens it.


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Razorend hangs back unless Ridic presses to engage the thing.


Urgeon moves north and finds another similarly furnished and empty room.

Ridic, Oskar, Kovax?


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Oskar follows the group...


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Map appears blacked out still.

"Check the doors south or move upstairs?"

Razorend will take a minute to refocus his ki and adjust his battle plan.

Changing readied maneuvers... dropping temporal burn and temporal fury for ghost hunting blow and half-gone.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Ridic closes the door and follows the others.


As Ridic moves to close the door, the three skulls let out a sharp hiss and appear to swirl up, their eyes alight with some sort of inner magic. Ridic feels a tug at his body as the magic begins to coalesce.

Initiative for Ridic mainly but for everyone else as well if you wish to do anything in response to this.


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 39/54 (-4 con), AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 10/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Init: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"Damn, I knew this wouldn't be easy."

Razorend reacts instantly to the hostile skulls, blinking into the room and attacking.

[i]Fading strike... Adamantine Kukri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22; Damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Initiative
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Ridic will move into the room and cast Stone Discuss and attack two of the heads

Head 1 attack
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Damage
4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 1) = 10

Head 2 Attack
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Damage
4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 4) = 18


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

He shoots at the central head...
ToHit_Rifle: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Dam_Rifle: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


You have line of sight? Important to look at the map and positioning


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Fine, then the right-most head.


My 3 Dead Uncle Trapspringers Round 1

Init: Razorend, Ridic, Gearghosts, Urgeon, Oskar, Kovax

Gearghost init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Razorend blinks in slicing one of the skulls. The creature is made of a heavy material and the blades scores it but there is some resistance.

Ridic changes his mind about closing the door and takes a step forward into the room ... suddenly a scythe swings out of the wall and slashes at the druid! The druid finishes with his spell and dents the southern head viciously with one of his discus. The second one hits the wall.

Wall Scythe Trap vs Ridic: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25; HIT!; Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11

The skulls bounce up and down, their mouths opening and shutting wordlessly ...

Sense Motive DC13:
They're laughing.

Two of the ghosts activate magical abilities drawing an AoO from Razorend.

Depending on the results of that AoO

Razorend feels a force tug at him and he is thrown backwards into Ridic.

Will Save DC18 or both take: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Damage

The third skull moves forward and rushes at Razorend and then darts south. (Drawing an AoO)

To hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8; miss.

Urgeon watches as Oskar fires and strikes the nearest skull.

Top of the Order!


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14; Damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Razorend whiffs then is thrown back into Ridic.

He grits his teeth then moves back in to re-engage, slashing with his icy kukri and energizing its blade to cut across ethereal boundaries.

Ghost hunting blow... ghost touch for 1 round!

Icy Burst Kukri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13; Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 plus Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Sweet rolls...


Male Fetchling Slayer 7/ Red Mantis 5

Sense Motive
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Ridic moves in attacks with his scythe (Top one, moved token)
Ridic grunts out "They are laughing at us!! Time to utterly destroy them!"

Attack
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Damage
2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10


Note, Razorend you have determined they are not incorporeal ... just have some DR vs your blades


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 39/54 (-4 con), AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 10/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon steps in and fires his wand of magic missiles at the southern skull.

damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

Kovax will move into the room and attack

To Hit - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage - 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


My 3 Dead Uncle Trapspringers Round 2

Init: Razorend, Ridic, Gearghosts, Urgeon, Oskar, Kovax

Kovax moves in to attack scoring a small crack on the side of the northern skull.

Razorend returns to the fight and steps on a pressure plate setting off a hail of arrows from the southern wall striking the android and Kovax.

To hit Razoend: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35; Crit?: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22; yes; Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 2, 6, 5, 2) = 21
To hit Kovax: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23; HIT!; Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 4) = 11

Ridic moves in and swings wide angrily at the laughing skulls and misses over the top. Urgeon pummels the southern skull with a couple force bolts.

The southern skull darts to the southeast corner and quickly begins to use fine telekinesis to reset the trap. (Provokes Razorend)

The two other skulls use telekinesis as well, (Both provoke both Razorend and Ridic and Kovax) ... (We will see how that turns out before I complete the action(


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

Kovax will enter his rage before attacking and power attack, doesn't say if you can decide to do this any time in a round, if not +2 to hit and -6 damage

To hit - 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 2 = 26
Damage - 1d10 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 6 = 18

To Hit - 1d2 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 2 = 14
Damage - 1d10 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 6 = 24


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

I didn't leave the room and re-enter, I took a 5 foot step.

Razorend grunts as the darts rip into his back. He slashes at the casting skull and then follows up with another attack. "I... can't take... much more," he says, spitting blood.

AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23; Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 plus Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Brilliant Moon1d20+11[/dice: 1d1d4 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 plus Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1 plus Force: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 1) = 4
... and ignores armor bonus to AC!

f$&+

At 31 hp with 30 non-lethal.


Yeah, you stepped to the southwest ... first time stepping in that location. That's a small but important difference


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Just realized the attack dice is messed up above... here's the correct format.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Using the damage from above, plus...

Crit Damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 plus Cold: 1d10 ⇒ 3

So if the crit confirms, 21 damage, 4 cold, 4 force.


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

To Hit - 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Ridic's AoO

Attack
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Damage
2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9

Ridic will press the attack, and continue on the one in front of him

Attack
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Damage
2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6


My 3 Dead Uncle Trapspringers Round 2

Init: Razorend, Ridic, Gearghosts, Urgeon, Oskar, Kovax

Razorend slashes at the southern skull as it moves while Ridic and Kovax take opportune swipes at the telekinesing ones interrupting their ability to move things.

Concentration DC 15+13: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14; fail
Concentration DC 15+19: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13; fail
Concentration DC 15+4 if needed: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Oskar picks his nose with his musket as Kovax comes up in the order ...

Razorend feels the floor click under his feet again as he attacks the souther skull again, this time cleaving the metal skull in half and in collapses in a pile of debris ...

... and then the trap goes off again hitting errbuddy.

To hit Razorend: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29; Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 6) = 16
To hit Ridic: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 ; Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 3) = 9
To hit Kovax: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28; Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 5) = 10


I think that send Razorned unconcious. Need Oskar and Kovax actions


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

Kovax attacks again

To Hit - 1d20 + 19 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 19 - 2 = 20
Damage - 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

To Hit - 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 13 - 2 = 16
Damage - 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


What's the extra +5 for? It was +14 attack earlier


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Attack the Right-Most head

ToHit_rifle: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Dam_rifle: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

ToHit_rifle: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Dam_rifle: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Oskar has Fast Musket(ex), and Rapid Reload, and he has more than 1 grit point, so he can reload a 2 handed firearm, as a 1 handed Firearm (a free action), so unless I'm reading this wrong, he can shoot twice a round. Correct?

2,901 to 2,940 of 2,940 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM FFlash's Iron Gods Campaign Reboot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post