DM Fflash's Iron Gods Campaign Reboot

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 3: The Choking Tower
Smokewood

Roll 20 Link


2,651 to 2,700 of 3,013 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

First thing, is the gas filling the whole room, or is it closer to the ceiling or floor?

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Oskar will move to lay flat if the floor is safer. or Try to get out of the room if the floor is not.


Floor to ceiling wallg, expanding steadily filling the whole room at once


The front line warriors, Oskar, Raxorend and Kovax flee into the other room while the squishy wizard and druid hang on a bit longer to investigate their findings.

Urgeon moves forward into the thick caustic orange gas stepping into what appears to be a metal canister. The first thing he noticed his the heavy humidity and the moisture lining the walls. He looks about and notes that around the room there appear to have once been pipes and smaller cylinders but they have long since rusted away.

He is about to.move on (either forward or back) when he notices an interesting sight ... the source of the moisture. He spies a crack in the glaucite ceiling and the wet rock beyond is visible. It appears that water from what must be the lake above is seeping down ... and likely the gas is escaping up into the Badwater itself.

Make another Fort save. DC is now 2 higher, can roll your own stat damage if you fail

Ridic moves toward the swirls in the floor. "I am sorry, am I in your way?" the dust swirls slightly as Ridic senses the gentle.passing of something moving away from him.


Ridic sees the screen at the desk start flashing various symbols, some of them repeated and it sounds like there are some sorts of noises attempting to come through one of the speakers.

Ridic Linguistics DC25 (DC15 if you know Androffan):
Looking at the symbols on the screen you believe you could trick the system into neutralizing the gas which appears to be used in some sort of nanite maintenance and repair. It would take you somewhere between 2 and 12 rounds to do it


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Urgeon quickly withdraws the room and slams the door closed - praising Gorum for his luck. Once safe he pulls off the mask and wipes the sweat from his brow. "This must be the source of the local pollution. Perhaps if we can find a protective suit we may be able to fix it."


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic will attempt to grab one of the others before they flee and show them the writing on the screen (Ridic does not speak Androffan)

Then he will flee with the others


Urgeon tries to close the door, but the ancient seals stripped away when it was opened. The gas keeps coming ...


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Cursing at the leaky seal, Urgeon keeps his mask and moves out of the room as quickly as possible. But, he pauses when Ridic motions at the display.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Realizing that he may be able to turn off the leakage he frantically attempts to work the controls to neutralize the gas.


2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

It will take Urgeon 7 rounds ... starting on Round 2. What are the rest of you doing?


As a point of reference, the gas will reach the console at this rate in 6 rounds


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Razorend will keep retreating to stay out of the poison gas, but hearing Urgeon's suggestion he also looks around for any protective gear in the adjacent rooms.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic will keep retreating as well, unless Urgeon thinks I can help with any of it, then he will do what he can to assist.


Urgeon guts it out alone, jamming on the keyboard. He feels the the gas wash over him, again seeping at his skin and pores as he hits the execute button and hears the whoosh of giant fans that shoot out a yellowish gas that hits the orange gas and instantly creates a pool of colorless liquid on the ground, quickly clearing the toxin out throughout the compound.

You've been hit already and made 2 consecutive saves so you are OK, even with increased DC. You'll be hit again in Round 7 before the gas goes inert, so you will need to make 2 more consecutive saves at the first DC or take the damage every round you fail


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Str: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Str: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Dex: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Dex: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Con: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Con: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Urgeon collapses to the ground in agony as the gas dissolves his skin and muscle.


Rest of the party fleeing out. How far are you going in your 7 rounds?


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic is going just as far as the gas....He is watching it's approach. If he can see Urgeon go down, he will rush into the gas to pull him out.

Just in case I see him

saves fort
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


I've updated the map to show where the gas is when it is neutralized. Note the floor is wet and slippery, requiring a DC10 acrobatics check if you double move each round ... Ridic won't need to make Fort Saves, because the gas is gone. He will need to move and make acrobatics checks if he moves farther than 3 rounds to get to Ridic. So make those rolls round by round, which starts with Round 8 which is Urgeon's second save above

At the same time, the poison is still affecting Urgeon, so I need him to make additional Fort Saves for each of those following rounds (9 and beyond). 2 consecutive saves means he is in the clear. Each failed save continues to take damage. Don't forget to add a -1 for every 2 points of Con Damage

And the rest of you yahoos? Are you intending to keep fleeing? Razorend finds no additional protective gear


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Like Ridic, Razorend will retreat enough to stay out of the gas and stand ready to help Urgeon if needed. "Does anyone have antitoxin? Anything similar?"


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Oskar doesn't have anti-toxin. but he does have a few Cure mod potions


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Fort: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 1 = 6

Str: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Dex: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Con: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Fort: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 2 = 10

Str: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Dex: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Con: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Fort: 1d20 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 3 = 10

Str: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Dex: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Con: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Fort: 1d20 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 3 = 6

Str: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Dex: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Con: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Fort: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 4 = 12

Str: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Dex: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Con: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Fort: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 4 = 16

Str: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Dex: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Con: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Fort: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 5 = 19

Str: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Dex: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Con: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Fort: 1d20 + 5 - 6 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 6 = 17

Str= -3
Dex= -1
Con= 1

Urgeon is barely alive.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Round 8 Save
Acrobatics
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Round 9 Save
Acrobatics
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


Before the gas dissipates completely and Urgeon collapses unable to move, he spies an amorphous humanoid form that the gas swirls around. The voice from earlier speaks, ”Impressive, you nearly gave your life to solve that conundrum. I’m certain the villagers will be pleased. I have misjudged your capability and honor. If the deal is still on the table for you to come back and release me, I will provide you with answers to your questions.”

Razorend and Ridic pick their way back in time to see Urgeon collapse and the last vestiges of orange gas trail off the form melting into water as it disappears once again.


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Heal: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 I forgot I can treat poison with this skill... adds a +4 circumstance bonus each tic if I beat the DC with my check. If anything, it would stop the damage a round earlier.

Razorend hisses as he checks over Urgeon and tries to stop the spread of the toxins. "I can't do much more. He's stabilized, but on death's door. He needs long term care, unless you have a magic blessing that can restore him to health."


Fair, Urgeon can have that last round of stat damage back


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon is still too weak to move on his own. He whispers feebly to the others. "Get me back to town. I need to see a cleric."


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

I have antitoxin (Although it reads like it is only helpful before the toxin is introduced).

"Let's get you out of here, you need some help" Ridic will place an arm behind him to pick him up.

He also ignores the other voice chattering on..


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

"Hmmm, and maybe find a solution for our invisible friend," Razorend agrees. "Oskar, Kovax, lend me a hand." Razorend will help carry Urgeon out of the ruined ship.


As the party gathers up Urgeon and retreats back through the underground facility, they find themselves facing the glitched door and the nanite cloud beyond.

How do you intend to get through it?


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

S@%%!

"Let's see if that voice will lend us a hand on getting out....I hate that damn voice!"


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

Jeez a guy steps away for a month and you all get our wizard killed....

Kovax will use the Black Hypogun to cure Urgeon's stat damage at least enough to get him safe, we don't have enough charges to cure him all the way.


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon staggers to his feet and thanks Kovax for the injection.

Near the glitched door he turns to the others. "Unless someone has a better idea, I suggest we make a run for it. I don't think we have the means to destroy the nanite cloud."


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Oskar offers his shoulder to Urgeon and says "Lets run, on 3 - 1...2...3"

And he runs, trying to support Urgeaon as best he can.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Wait...Has the game changed with the sudden and unexpected support of Kovax? Maybe we should press forward? How bad is Urgeon now?


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Good question! But I think we also hit a bit of a dead end in that room, right? Or maybe there's something to look at now that the poison gas is cleared.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Well, now that voice is willing to help, so I don't think we are still stuck. The issue really becomes how fight ready we are for future fights. I think we should be good to keep pushing.


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

I don't think the elemental is willing to help unless we release it. I don't think there's anything else we can do here - we're at a dead end. Let's head back to town.


It is willing to help per its last speaking part.

Actions then? Run or return?


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

We still need to find a way to free it, regardless. I agree that we probably could use a rest and recoup out of the dungeon. The trail is cold, so we need something else anyway.


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon staggers back into the room with the voice. "We agree to your terms - we will return and will release you. Now, tell us what happened here and who was involved!"


"You are an impressive specimen of your species, human." The voice marvels

"I was conjured to serve a man named Furkas Xoud. This conjuration occurred on the outskirts of Iadeveigh although I understand that Furkas lives nearby somewhere. A powerful wizard, he was particularly interested in using magic to manipulate air and smoke and other gaseous materials. I initially found that very intriguing, but over time with him his obsession bordered on disturbing. I was ordered to serve as a guardian against any dangers, but also to provide brute force when needed. I don't know how he found out about this place, but it was dead and inoperable when we arrived. I exposed that "power conduit" there and Furkas used magic to charge the place temporarily which is when the lights came on the factory started operating. It's been slowing down over the years, though. I expect to be plunged into darkness soon if there isn't some sort of power infusion."

He clears his throat, "Anyhow, when we first came to this room, Xoud was incredibly astounded and intrigued at the discovery of a slain android. After reflection, it seems to me that the recovery of this body was in fact Xoud’s entire purpose for investigating the wreck. I am not sure why the body was so important, but I do recall Xoud’s excitement upon discovering the body, and that he somehow knew the body belonged to a woman once named Casandalee. Xoud told me to remain here and guard the room while he returned to his home with the body via teleportation. The wizard promised to return in a few days, but he never did. That was seven years ago."


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon listens intently as the voice tells its story. "That is useful information. What is your name? What were you guarding the room from? What have you learned of this place over the last seven years? Did you interact with the woman who was trapped here?"

He then goes on to ask the voice to provide more information about Xoud. "Why would a wizard obsessed with air be interested in androids? Was Xoud working for someone? Did he associate with the entity called Unity? What can you tell us about his lair? Does it have technology like these ruins? How can we find it?"


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Razorend perks up at mention of Cassandalee. "We need to locate Xoud's lair. Perhaps we can find means to free you there."

What did Cassandalee look like? Any distinguishing marks or features?"


Before I forget ... Urgeon roll 2d12 twice.

Urgeon begins questioning the invisible outsider and starts to feel a bit odd as the after effects of the poison begin to tug at his mind and body.

The voice is nonplussed and carries on with answers, "I am Sashimo, I wasn't guarding anything. I was awaiting Xoud's return per his request and our bonded arrangement. I have been limited to this room these past years and have realized that many things in this facility can be controlled from that seat and window over there, as evidenced by your purge of the gas. I'm sure there are other things you could do with the facility. I did not interact with Casandalee, given she was dead, and Xoud handled her body himself."

Turning to questions about Xoud, "He was once a member of the Technic League and learned about Cassandalee from some notes he stole, or at least I gathered from his musings. He seemed very interested in her specifically. Once he left the Technic League, I believe he has been driven by his own motivations and I know nothing of anything called Unity. Again, given I was summoned here in Iadenveigh, I have no knowledge of his lair or its whereabouts, but I gather that Xoud was somewhat infamous, perhaps someone nearby knows more."

"The woman's body was perfectly preserved, not a hint of decay although I get the sense it had been here for decades. She had severe features, with high cheekbones and Auburn hair. But most noticeable were her greenish-blue lips and corresponding web of blue lines ... "circuitry" I believe Xoud called it ... across her skin."


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon nods his thanks to Sashimo. He then studies the control console to see if there is a way of bypassing or neutralizing the nanites at the facility entrance.

Knowledge, Engineering: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20


Struggling with the after effects of the poison, the normally together technomancer cannotnfigure anything out.

Still need 2x 2d12 rls


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

2d12 ⇒ (4, 8) = 12
2d12 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10


Anyone else?

1d6 ⇒ 6

Feeling a bit euphoric now, Urgeon grins with charm as he fails to figure out the power management looking to others to assist him.

Urgeon gains +6 to his Charisma for the next 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 days


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Feeling much better about the situation, Urgeon kicks back his feet on the console. "Let's rest here tonight. I'm sure I can figure out these controls with a little time."


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

We just finished resting like 10 minutes ago.

"It will take some days to recover fully. Why don't we just sprint break through the nanites and get back to town?"


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

I have no engineering knowledge

"I have no idea what you even touch on those strange things. If you think you can figure it out, maybe we should give it more time? Heading back those nanite things hurt us, but I guess we can just blast through them.....Unless, Urgeon, can you turn those things off from that screen?"

2,651 to 2,700 of 3,013 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM FFlash's Iron Gods Campaign Reboot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.