DM Fflash's Iron Gods Campaign Reboot

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 3: The Choking Tower
Smokewood

Roll 20 Link


3,051 to 3,089 of 3,089 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Is anyone checking for traps? Did I find anything on the birds?

Razorend stands guard by the Alchemy Lab door.


The birds are birds...with 4 legs and they stink.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic will move to the door behind Urgeon. If he doesn't go in, Ridic will and check out the window


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 25/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
5/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 4/16 REx 16/18 REn 34/34 RoR 12/17

Urgeon detects magic and looks for traps or any danger and then moves to the second door and opens it.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


Urgeon finds no magic in the small room and heads to open the next door. It doesn't budge. His knowledge of engineering is such that after a quick analysis, he realizes the two doors are connected and only one can be open at a time.


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 25/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
5/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 4/16 REx 16/18 REn 34/34 RoR 12/17

Urgeon turns to the other and explains the door mechanisms. "We all need to enter to cross into the next room."


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic will do as instructed by Urgeon


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Razorend joins them, pulling Oskar along.


The party gets into the tight space and then closes both doors, allowing Urgeon to open the inner one. It opens with a hiss as long-trapped air whooshes out. It smells stale and of decay.

The wooden and metal furnishings of this room have been smashed to pieces. The fragmentary remnants have been arranged into spiky piles throughout the room, while the bones of a long-dead dwarf lie in a mangled heap at the far side of the room.

Coming to shape in front of you out of the mess is miasmal form that roils as barbed tentacles emerge from the central mass, coalescing into razor-sharp talons and claws.

Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Initiative and post if you beat the roll above. Note you are all squeezed at the moment: -4 to hit / -4 to AC.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Initiative
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"Everyone spread out"


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 25/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
5/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 4/16 REx 16/18 REn 34/34 RoR 12/17

Init: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Urgeon fires his ring of the ram at the creature, attempting to force it back.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 4) = 14
CMB: 1d20 + 9 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 7 = 26


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Razorend will pause for half a moment waiting on the results of Urgeon's attack. Then he flickers across the room, appearing next to or behind the miasma to attack.

Flicker Strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14; Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 plus Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3 plus Deadly Strike: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
vs flat-footed AC!


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

Init - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Kovax moves up and tumbles out of the room to get some room to swing

Acro - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Attempts to shoot the center mass of the...thing!

Rifle_ToHit: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 4 = 24
Rifle_Dam: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Fluid Siphoning Research Round 1

Init: Urgeon, Razorend, Kovax, Oskar, Creature, Ridic

Knowledge Planes to identify

Urgeon activates his ring and hammers the creature punching through its feeble magical defenses and forcing it back 5 feet.

Spell Pent: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Razorend flickers into the room and even with the jump on the creature he fails to strike it as he stumbles on a rock.

Kovax tumbles into the room with a flourish ... unnecessarily as they creature has both moved and not acted yet. (No attack?)

Oskar takes aim at the wall then realizes he has to move first. Thanks to Urgeon, he is able to safely get around the corner and fire. As the bullet closes on the creature, it suddenly takes a 90 degree turn and flies into the nearby wall.

The creature roars ... literally like the wind ... increasing the gale like sound in crescendo as it extends 4 rope-like smoky tentacles at Razorend. They hit with the force of air and one wraps the android up, grappling him.

To hit: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17; miss
To hit: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20; miss
To hit: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27; HIT!; Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
To hit: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29; HIT!; Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Grab/grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16; miss
Grab/grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23; grappled

At party


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic will move in the room and attack with Stone discus. He will use one for bludegeoning and one slashing

Attack (Blunt)
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Damage
4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 6) = 16

Attack (slash)
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Damage
4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 2, 6) = 17


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

Oh, I was thinking it was a surprise round and I only had one action

Kovax will rage and attack with his +1 Adamantine chain with power attck

To Hit - 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 14 - 2 = 27
Damage - 1d10 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 4 = 21


masterwork, not +1, correct?


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 25/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
5/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 4/16 REx 16/18 REn 34/34 RoR 12/17

Urgeon holds his position and fires his wand of exhaustion at the creature.

Ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

No it's magical


When did you enchant it? I can't find reference on the boards any where

Nevermind, found where you asked about it. Had to search chain and not dorn dergar. Do I have to assume that you actually did it, because we don't have the follow up, you've never referenced using it as anything other than an adamantine dorn dergar and your character sheet doesn't have it on there. Super frustrating and overly convenient that all of a sudden it's magical ...


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

I'm out guys, was fun but I don't pay any attention to this game much and I certainly am not a fan of the accusations for a game I don't care about. So you guys have fun


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 25/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
5/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 4/16 REx 16/18 REn 34/34 RoR 12/17

Seeya Kovax.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Take care bud, hope you are still playing the other game!


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Immediate action...

As the thing's tentacles try to envelop Razorend, he releases some Ki and shifts halfway into the Ethereal plane!

Half-gone: Stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (3) + 24 = 27 vs its Perception check. If successful, I count as incorporeal for that attack.

*

Razorend slashes at the monster. His kukri flashes with force energy along its edge.

Brilliant Moon: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15; Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 plus Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1 plus Force: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 2) = 10
Ignores armor bonus to AC. -2 to attack roll if still grappled.


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Oskar backs away from the creature. "Lads, I nay have anything that can hit this creature."


Fluid Siphoning Research Round 2

Init: Urgeon, Razorend, Kovax, Oskar, Creature, Ridic

Ridic moves into line of sight and fires a pair of discus, one edged and one flat but they fly wide and shatter against the wall.

Urgeon fires his wand once again pushing through the creature's spell resistance, but the gaseous creatures seem to shrug it off effortlessly. Spell Pen CL Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31; Note: not immune

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

The creature loses focus as Razorend shifts and its tentacles pass through the android harmlessly. Razorend strikes back in a flash, but the agile creature darts away. (I assume natural armor is also ignored? Regardless it misses its touch AC)

Kovax tumbles out of the room as Meyanda steps forward.


Female Android Warpriest of Brigh 5 / Ranger 1 (HP: 25/49; AC: 16 (19 vs beams/rays); F: 8; R: 5; W: 7; Init: 6; Per: +14)

"Here, try this," Meyanda offers Oskar her laser rifle which is glowing with a temporary enchantment.

timeworn laser rifle with 14 charges with magic weapon cast on it (+1 to hit/damage).
Kovax's +1 inferno pistol also goes back into the mix as an option.
You guys can look through the rest of the tech items (hypoguns and nanite cannisters) from the spreadsheet and keep what you need.

She then pulls out a small metal-plated hammer that glows with a white brilliance, stepping into the flank with Razorend. She swings into the wispy creature, ripping through it and causing it to howl in agony.

To hit Sacred Weapon: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10

At party


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 25/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
5/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 4/16 REx 16/18 REn 34/34 RoR 12/17

Urgeon will try the wand again.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
SP: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

"Meyanda!" Razorend smiles, sub-dermal circuitry glowing, despite the danger. He doubles down the attack, bending time to strike faster.

Icy Burst Kukri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28; Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 plus Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Minute Hand: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 = 29; Damage: 1d4 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12 plus Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Confirm Crit #1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15; TOTAL Damage: 1d4 + 10 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 12 = 23 plus Cold: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Confirm Crit #2: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 2 = 28; TOTAL Damage: 1d4 + 12 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 12 = 25 plus Cold: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic will move into the room and cast Burning Hands at it.

Reflex Save DC 16 for half

Damage
5d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 1, 1, 2) = 10


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Oskar nods at Meyanda "Thank you lass"

Attack
Laser Rifle:
ToHit_Rifle: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Dam_Rifle: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 1) + 5 = 12

Ammo: 13/14


Fluid Siphoning Research Round 2 (cont)

Init: Urgeon, Razorend, Kovax, Oskar, Creature, Ridic

Oskar fires a red hot beam of light that rips through the beast with extreme prejudice, searing its gaseous body. It squirms in agony.

The creature responds in fury as it lashes out at all around it rotating in a circle methodically lashing out at everything surrounding it. It's tendrils latch onto Urgeon and Meyanda and begin to surroudn them.

To hit vs Razorend: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17; miss
To hit vs Urgeon: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23; HIT!; Grabbed?: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30; yes; Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 + grappled
To hit vs Meyanda: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29; HIT!; Grabbed?: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28; yes; Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 + grappled
To hit vs Razorend: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17; miss

Ridic hits the creature with an arc of flame, just missing his companions, Spell Pen: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13, but fails to overcome its innate spell resistance and the flame washes harmlessly off the bizarre creature.

Round 3

Urgeon hits the creature with the wand, this time forcing the spell through with sheer force of will. The creatures slows a bit, but doesn't collapse with exhaustion due to its alien hardiness and biology.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24; success; fatigued

Razorend spins under the creature's tentacles and cuts through with incredible speed and carves massive freezing chunks from the creature's essence causing it to visibly flag.

Meyanda takes a swing again, but misses wide.

To hit: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 15

At Oskar and the others ... the creature will go again in the middle but it is close ...


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic will move in and attack with his scythe

Attack
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Damage
2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 25/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
5/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 4/16 REx 16/18 REn 34/34 RoR 12/17

Urgeon tries to break free from the grapple.

CMB: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Oskar fires again.

Not sure on laser rifles, how rapid reload effects attacks per round. I'll roll for the iterative attack, ignore it if not allowed.

Laser Rifle:

ToHit_Rifle: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Dam_Rifle: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 = 11

ToHit_Rifle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Dam_Rifle: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3) + 5 = 12

Ammo: 11/14


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

If needed...

Kukri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

...nevermind.


Laser Rifle is semi automatic. No reload required


You guys are doing a great job posting and for some reason I always think I'm waiting on someone ... turns out it's me!

Init: Urgeon, Razorend, Meyanda, Oskar, Creature, Ridic

Urgeon is unable to break from the misty tendril's grasp.

Razorend misses badly.

Oskar fires and rips concentrated fire through the creature, but his second shot misses widely as it swirls.

Meyanda ... Urgeon's last hope ... caught in the throes of the second tendril swings her infused hammer ...

To hit: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

.. and blasts the creature into discorporation, turning into acrid smoke that drifts to the ceiling.

END COMBAT!

A quick search of the room turns up just the mangled remains of a dead dwarf, slightly preserved in the stale air. The dwarf ’s remains are still clothed in rags. His decayed remains show some gems the dwarf ate ostensibly to hide from someone. These three gems lie amid the bones—a garnet worth 500 gp, a sapphire worth 4,500 gp, and a pale blue rhomboid ioun stone.

3,051 to 3,089 of 3,089 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM FFlash's Iron Gods Campaign Reboot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.