DM Fflash's Iron Gods Campaign Reboot

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 3: The Choking Tower
Smokewood

Roll 20 Link


2,601 to 2,650 of 2,993 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon translates the Androffan for the others.

Urgeon nods at Ridic, "You are correct, there is some sort of biological hazard behind the southern door. We should indeed consider wearing the masks before entering. Let's explore the north door first."

When the others are ready, he opens the north door.

Knowledge, Engineering: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Nice 20s!

Razorend agrees and leads the way through the north door.


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Current HPs: 47/68
Grit: 2pt
One CLW potion left.

Androffan over Northern Door: "Nanotech Laboratory"
Androffan over Southern Door: "Canister Access"
Knowledge Engineering DC20 & Technologist: < Knowledge, Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 = The suits of armor are ruined HEV suits


The party heads through the northwestern door.

The walls of this large room are lined with dark panels of glass, tiny buttons, and other mechanical devices. A set of metal tanks sit to the west, while a chair mounted on a swivel on a short platform sits to the northeast. To the northwest, a section of flooring has been ripped away to expose a tangle of metallic plates and coils of brightly colored cables. Two round tables sit in the room’s center.

Knowledge Engineering DC20:
A review of the exposed flooring in the northwest corner of the room reveals that the plates and cables are an immense power conduit capable of accepting electrical charges, whether via a battery, a generator

As you enter a deep voice rings out, "Have you heard from my master?".

Int Check DC10:
You recognize it as the second voice on the earlier recording, from an unseen individual


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Int Check

1d20 ⇒ 10

Ridic will look to the others for guidance..."I think we should say yes and get this thing talking"


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

Urgeon studies the power conduit on the floor. "This is for a generator or battery hook-up. It's sized to handle a lot of power."

He nods at Ridic and answers the voice. "Yes we are!"


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

I think you meant, Yes we have :)


"Hmm, what does he have for me then?" The skepticism in its voice is apparent.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Roll Bluff checks if you wish to continue to lie


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Knowledge(Engineering): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 < Agrees with Urgeon
Int Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 ??

Oskar, realizing he can't lie worth a damn. He keeps his mouth shut and his eyes open. Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon sighs, "I had assumed your master was Unity? Is that not correct? Who are we speaking with?"


"Ah, I see. I don't know this Unity, but that is not my master. Before I give you any information, what do you have to offer me? I won't be obtuse. I wish to be freed from my bondage. If you can make that happen before you depart here, I will tell you everything about what transpired here and who was involved."


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon rubs his chin and looks to the others as he ponders the offer. "That would indeed be useful information. I think we can consider freeing you. But first, how can we be assured that you will not be hostile if we free you? How and where are you trapped? How do we release you?"


"I am not prevented from being hostile right now. I choose not to be. You have no protection from me, but I am not bound to cause harm just to prevent it from my Master. He knew my name and summoned me via planar ally. Break my bondage to him... send me back to my home plane or destroy his magical hold over me. Either should work."


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

"Where is your home plane? It sounds like our goals are aligned, and we should want to help each other. I think we can agree to those terms"


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon nods, "Alright then, we'll do what we can. If you can provide more information on your master it would assist us in freeing you."


"I am from the elemental Plane of Air. Prove to me you have the capability to break the binding or explain how you can get it."

Either demonstrate you know the magic, or make a Diplomacy or Bluff Check if you intend to go do it or not


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon backs away from the voice. "I told you we would help you if we can. We will not tolerate your threats."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Unlike you, we are not bound, nor do we need the help. We are willing to help you, if you help us. If you are not interested, you can continue to be bound to this plane and we will move on. Have a good day."

Diplomacy
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14


"Ha ha! Threaten you? No, I have no desire to fight you. I just dont trust you have the ability to do as you say. Information is my leverage. Why would I give payment without proof of you following through? Its not.like you can give it back if you fail to deliver! Convince me or stumble around here on your own. Maybe you can figure it out."


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon shrugs and looks to the others. "We're not getting anywhere with this entity. Let's clear the room and then keep moving."

He examines the tanks, panels and cables to see if anything can be salvaged.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Knowledge, Engineering: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Razorend steps forward, addressing the voice. "What is your name? And who is your master? This place is a ruin and has not been used for some time." After a moment, he adds, "Do you know of Cassandalee?"


"These are all great questions that I can answer if we strike a bargain. "


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

"How about we start with one piece of information. How can we break your bindings? If you know, then we can go from there. This piece of information will only help you, if you have it."


"Certainly. A dismissal or banishment or plane shift would all certainly work to return me to my natural home and break the arrangement. You may try and break enchantment on the spell my master cast to get my assistance, but given that it was a voluntary contract, I am not certain that it would work, but I am no summoner to know for sure."


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon moves back into preceding room and picks up the masks and offers them to the group. "We have two sets. Who wants to go in?"


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Ridic looks to the others to see what they think of the new information that was offered up.

"I will go in with you"


Urgeon doesn't find anything out of the ordinary in his search, but is able to determine that this room is a fully functional, nanotech laboratory probably to support the android factory in the other room.. He further determines that with a power cable and some batteries he could tap into the exposed power conduit and power not only this lab, but the entire area for a while. With some time working with the panels, he may be able to redistribute the power as needed.

Moving to the south with Ridic (both wearing masks), they stand underneath the orange biohazard sigil. The door to the south is massive and thick and appears reinforced, unlike the other doors in the area.

Actions?


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon looks for a mechanism to open the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Knowledge, Engineering: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Ridic will also look for some way that the door may open

Perception
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Oskar follows to others, assuming that mask will fit him


Only 2 masks


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

"Perhaps we should keep back," Razorend warns the others. "We have no idea what this 'bio-hazard' is."


The door appears to need a black swipe card AND a pin code entry of some sort.

The voice chuckles, "I would assume it's something that would kill you all that require air to breathe. That advice is free."


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon steps out and relays the information to the others. "Where would we find this pin code?"


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Ridic comes out frustrated, tossing the mask "We should just leave this damn place and that idiot with it. Useless idiotic voice with no real value."


"I could help you with that pin code ... or at least where to find it. You know my price ..." the voice hums nonchalantly once it finishes.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

"I do not know any of those spells. Perhaps one of you do?"


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Razorend grimaces, turning to face the voice. "Maybe a little assistance, to pay it forward? We're obviously not going to help you at all if we can't advance to our goal. I have no problem leaving you here to stew for another millennia."


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon shakes his head and motions towards the exit. "These spells are beyond our power. If we can't find the spell or the pin code in these ruins we'll have to return back to town."


"So you can't cast those spells? Are you in some kind of rush? Can you go find someone who can and return? I've been here for years, I can wait a few more hours ... days ... weeks."


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

"More like years. While you're pondering your lonely existence, just remember a friendly turn could have saved you."

To the others, "Can one of you tech-savy types bypass the lock, like a rogue can break a mechanical one?"


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon looks at Razorend and shrugs, "It's worth a try."

He dons his mask and reenters the room. Using theives' tools and any other makeshift tool he can find in his gear he then attempts to disassemble the lock in an effort to hack it open.

He will take 20 for a result of 33.


Cant take 20 on a disable device. Need to roll

You will need an e-pick. I believe you have some


"Just like all the other mortals that have called me over the years. Wanting something for free because they are unable or unwilling to provide payment in advance. Truly, you are a sad, selfish and predictable lot."


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon takes out his e-pick and focuses on opening the lock as he retorts to the voice. "Yes that might be true, but you're the one asking us for help!"

Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Ridic looks around trying to find out where the voice is coming from....Speakers, wall, etc

Perception
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Nanotech lab

Dalamus notices a slight disturbance in the dust near the swivel chair and what appears to be a terminal ... the kind caused by someone shuffling their feet.

Additionally, he notices some interesting symbols and words flashing across one of the larger flat screens near a keyboard.

Androffan:
PASSWORD NOT ACCEPTED! PLEASE TRY AGAIN

Finally, he spies a hidden panel in the operator's station ... just as Urgeon gets through the door below ....

Bio Hazard Door

Annotate the use of the e-pick (it has charges)

Urgeon tricks the lock and with a big grin, he watches the door slide open and then his smile drops as he peers into a room full of a cloud of orange gas which spills out over him. The leeching, caustic gas sears his skin and causes intense pain.

Urgeon make a DC17 Fort Save or take 1d2 ⇒ 2 Str, 1d2 ⇒ 2 Dex and 1d2 ⇒ 1 Con damage. Make this every round you're in contact

The gas is spilling out into the corridor.

It's spreading at 10 feet per round. Everyone has to post round by round actions

Init: Urgeon, Kovax, Razorend, Oskar, Ridic, Gas


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Urgeon braces against the pain and wills himself to step into the chamber to see what is inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

oooh s&*#!

Ridic will draw his weapon and approach the area where it looks like there are marks in the dust. He will look around that station to make sure that no one is hiding over there.


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

"That looks bad..." Razorend says and starts moving towards the exit.

2,601 to 2,650 of 2,993 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM FFlash's Iron Gods Campaign Reboot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.