DM Fflash's Iron Gods Campaign Reboot

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 3: The Choking Tower
Smokewood

Roll 20 Link


2,551 to 2,600 of 2,999 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>

Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

Kovax should get 2 attacks a round

To hit - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage - 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

New Round

To hit - 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Damage - 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

To hit - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage - 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


He had to move 10 feet to be in range.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Bull Strength on Kovax it is then

Ridic will move to the side of the robot and attack.

Attack
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Damage
2d4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 1 = 8


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Razorend tries again to take down the last gearsman.

Adamantine Kukri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16; Damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Ridic strikes the gearsman but doesnt have enough power to harm it with his steel scythe.

Kovax takes down the southern gearsman as Urgeon throws another pit causing the new gearsman to tumble in.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14; need damage from Urgeon.

retcon for Razorend? All others actions as well

The gearsman gets up at the bottom of the pit.


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

It's a 30' pit.

Pit Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 1) = 9


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Confirm the last gearsman is in the pit? If so, Razorend will hold position and wait.


Yes


Actions from everyone?


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Ridic will walk over to the pit and cast Burning hands at the Gearsman.

Save DC 16

Damage
5d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 1, 2) = 11


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Hold position and ready to attack if it manages to climb out.


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Oskar keeps his Musket raised, but looks around at the surrounding tunnel.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 <- look for obvious hidden things
Perception(stonework): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 <- Look for oddity's in the stonework


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon double moves closer to the pit. "See if you can destroy it before it gets out, but be mindful of the pit edge."


Pressing without Kovax

Razorend holds with Oskar, who looks around but doesn't really find any more "stonework" given the rooms are all made of metal.

Urgeon moves up along with Ridic who goes to the dangerously sloped edge to cast his spell and eats a laser blast for his work as the gearsman standing at the bottom of the pit was patientily waiting.

He then realizes that his burning hands won't reach the construct. (You can cast another spell and would have to make a DC18 reflex save with a +2 bonus to not fall in OR you can move away from the edge of the pit)

To hit Ridic Touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 = 14 fire damage

At Ridic for retcon and the rest of the party.


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon moves over to the wreckage and finds the heaviest pieces to throw into pit. "Die, you metal abomination!"


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

"Damn it to Hell," Razorend curses. He moves to the edge and *flickers* into the pit. He attacks the robot then *flickers* again right behind it.

Flicker Strike

Adamantine Kukri (vs flat-footed): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26; Damage: 1d4 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + (6, 6) = 20


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Ridic will step back and stumble to safety...Crap, most of my spells are reserved for healing. He will wait for the thing to come out.


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

Kovax doesn't really have anything he can help with, he will delay out of sight of the edge of the pit and wait to attack if the thing makes it to the top


Urgeon chucks a 100 lb piece of scrap into the pit. The robot steps aside as it crashes to the ground.

To hit: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 4 = 17

Razorend flickers into the pit and cuts a huge gash into the side of the bot.

Kovax and Ridic hang back.

Oskar retcon?

The gearsman turns to Razorend, shrill static spewing from it's helmet.

Androffan:
"Repeat: turn over the traitor, Cassandalee"

It then slams the butt of its rifle into Razorend's face .. sparking with electricity.

Slam vs Razorend: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + (5) = 17

Party


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon begins summoning a lantern archon to assist Razorend.


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

"Does anyone have any grenades?"


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

20% Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 45

Razorend infuses his kukri with negative temporal energy and strikes.

Temporal Burn Adamantine Kukri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13; Damage: 1d4 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 11 + (4, 4) = 22 and target is slowed 2 rounds (probably missed, though)


Razorend misses and Urgeon begins his summoning.

Kovax and Oskar? You found like a dozen grenades fighting the androids


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Oskar yells "Fire in the Hole!"

He pulls the pin and lobs an EMP grenade into the pit. Trying to get it closer to the Gearsman.

Not sure how to roll to hit or damage? I think its 5d6?

Grenade Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 2, 1) = 12


Razorend is in the pit. I'm sure he will be fine. EMP or concussion?


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

Yeah with Razerend down there, it limits what I can do, ie throwing a grenade, and if I get close enough to the edge to fire I have to save, so I am just hoping he will come out or Urgeon cancels the pit and I am waiting to attack it then


A pit is not dismissable


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

"Let's leave the robot alone and go around the pit and continue on our path. We can deal with him later if we need to."

Ridic will attempt to get around the pit and move past it.

How long does Pit last for?


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon yells for Razorend to get out of the pit. "If we can get Razorend out of there we should be able to destroy the robot with a combination of grenades and anything heavy we can throw in."

Six more rounds.


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Ok, I'll wait until Razor gets out of the pit


The party holds out hope that Razorend can survive single combat with a robot in a pit.

It continues to swing its rifle like a club.

To hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Damage: 1d4 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 10 + (2) = 15

Urgeon's archon appears above the pit

At party


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon commands the archon to attack.

Archon attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17; ranged touch
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Archon attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8; ranged touch
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

He will hold his action until after Razorend moves.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Can Razor get out of there? If not, we need to go down there and fight by his side


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Not right now... at 12/53 hp.

Razorend recoils from the butt strike impact but makes no register of pain. He spins back low -- skin and eyes glowing from the empowered circuits beneath -- slicing his kukri up and through the robot's midsection.

Burn 1 Ki for Combat Insight, also Nanite Surge!
Brilliant Moon w/ adamantine kukri: 1d20 + 11 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 10 = 40 ...Ignores armor bonus to AC.
Damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 plus Force Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 2) = 7 plus Deadly Strike: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 11 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 10 = 22
Crit Damage: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 plus Force Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 1) = 8


Fort Save vs Crit Vulnerability: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Razorend carves straight through the robot, tearing through wires and circuits causing it to spasm and glitch. It moves with ponderous slowness and with extreme effort appears to push through what was looking to shut it down.

The force damage is somewhat dulled on the blows and the one archon that hits the robot has its light beam bounce off it harmlessly.

Robot hardness applies to weapons and ALL energy damage, fysa. Essentially anything other than untyped damage.

It takes a slow swing at Razorend, unable to infuse its blow with lightning, but the android ducks under it.

To hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

Everyone else for last round and this round?


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Urgeon looks at Kovax and Oscar. "You had better get down there and help him out."


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

With the Pit being a spell do the rules for jumping down into it apply or is it just a save with no way to change the outcome?


You can jump down 30 feet and roll acro to negate thenfirst 10 yes.


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Ropes and feather fall still work...

Razorend continues to fight desperately, hoping to take down the robot before it can land another hit.

Temporal Burn w/adamantine kukri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30; Damage: 1d4 + 7 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (3, 5, 5) = 22 plus Deadly Strike: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12; Crit Damage: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

well, lets try this.

Oskar drops to his knees and crawls (carefully) to the edge. Once there he attempts to fire his musket at the robot.

(dreaded die rolls to follow)

Reflex_Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Hopefully with some bonuses
Well. I might not fall in.

Using one of my 2 +1 bullets, fires at the robot

ToHit_Musket: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Damage_Musket: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

FFS!


The party starts getting concerned about Razorend and Kovax and Oskar move to aid him, but before they get to the edge of the pit, the erstwhile android pulls upon his dimensional abilities and slices the robot's head off.

END COMBAT! Everyone receives 1,680xp


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Razorend breathes a sigh of relief. He waits for the pit to rise up, checking the robots body for any special parts or valuables.


You find a timeworn laser rifle on the advanced gearsman with 13 charges and 3 timeworn laser pistols on the others each with 7 charges. They also each have a masterwork spear (3 total)


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Ridic will cast CLWs on Razor

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

"Thanks," Razorend says to Ridic, rubbing at the freshly healed wounds. "That did not go quite as planned."

At 27/53... any more heals available?


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 30/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
6/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 6/16 REx 18/18 REn 34/34 RoR 17/17

Once everyone is healed, Urgeon moves to the western door and opens it.


Feel free to retcon heals ... after this room below, however you're stuck with where you're at

A11 - Guard Post

A line of runes is printed above the two doors on this room’s western walls. Several tattered, strange suits of armor hang in shreds from hooks in a wide alcove between these doors. The southwestern door opens into a hallway.

Androffan over Northern Door:
Nanotech Laboratory

Androffan over Southern Door:
Canister Access

Knowledge Engineering DC20 & Technologist:
The suits of armor are ruined HEV suits

Perception DC18:
You find a pair of timeworn masks with transparent full face plates and hoods. The cheeks have and some sort of attached discs on either side embedded in the material.

The southern hallway (A12) has a bright orange hexagonal sigil adorning an immense metal door to the south. A porthole-like glass window is set into the door at head height.

Androffan AND Linguistics DC20:
The sign is one that means "bio-hazard"


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Ridic has 9 more charges in the wand and 2 more CLWs and 1 CMW spell left

CMW on Razor
2d8 + 7 ⇒ (5, 1) + 7 = 13

Wand on Razor
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Heal on Ridic

Wand
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Wand
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP10, AC16, Init 0, Perception +13 Level 6 Druid

Perception
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Ridic will look at these masks he finds, and show the rest of the group. "Check out these masks.....I wonder if we should wear them before we go into any of these other rooms?"


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

52/53 now, thanks!

Razorend nods, considering Ridic's suggestion. "I was born of technology, but I know almost nothing about it. I am certain my creators left me ignorant on purpose."

"What do those signs say?" he asks one of the others who can read Adroffan.

2,551 to 2,600 of 2,999 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM FFlash's Iron Gods Campaign Reboot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.