DM Fflash's Iron Gods Campaign Reboot

Game Master DM Fflash

Chapter 3: The Choking Tower
Smokewood

Roll 20 Link


2,351 to 2,400 of 3,089 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic will dive over the table once he hears Urgeon

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

He will then heal himself

Cure Light Wounds (Spell)
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Razorend will step up and attack the next deformed android. He twists time again, getting in a second slash in the span of one attack.

Icy burst kukri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18; Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 plus Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Minute Hand manuever...
Icy burst kukri: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 2 = 22; Damage: 1d4 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12 plus Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Attack nearest

Attack1_Waraxe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Miss?
Attack2_Waraxe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Maybe hit
Damage2_Waraxe: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Manufacturing Defects Round 1 (cont)

Init: Razorend, Oskar, Deformities, Urgeon, Ridic, Kovax

Urgeon hurls the device and it lands on the table behind the deformed android and then bounces onto the floor.

Ridic jumps over the table to the east, but slams his shin and falls to the floor prone, but is still able to heal himself.

Kovax tumbles under the table and moves through the threatened square but finds the androids on the other side and they both attempt to bash him as the barbarian fails to get through the occupied square (DC: CMD for threatened; CMD + 5 for occupied).

Android AoO vs Kovax: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10; fail
Android 2 AoO vs Kovax: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16; fail

Kovax could attack if he had his weapon ready for close combat; it's still set for reach. Also, under the table he is squeezed: -4 attack, -4 AC; movement cost is doubled)

Round 2

Razorend attacks around the corner skittering one attack off the wall, but his uncanny ability allows him to get a strike through. (Cover provided)

Oskar climbs on to the table and with the advantage from higher ground. (+1 to hit) He gets one hit in solidly.

The grenade detonates engulfing the western android and Razorend.

Bludgeoning Damage DC15 Reflex Save for Half: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 4, 4, 6) = 23
Android Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The androids attack with their morning stars at Razorend, Oskar, and Kovax

Android v Razorend: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27; HIT!; Crit?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23; CRIT!; Damage: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (4, 2) + 14 = 20
Android v Oskar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15; miss
Android v Kovax: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16; miss

At Urgeon. Note Oskar and Kovax's tokens are literally on top of each other (above the table/below the table)


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic will cast cure light wounds on himself again, and then move behind Kovax and Oskar

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Reflex save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
20% Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 33
Did that attack include the cover bonus to AC? I'm 22 in the open, 24 with parital cover.

Razorend ducks behind the wall to avoid the grenade blast, then steps out to finish off his opponent. His circuitry glows as he focuses his ki on the android to suss out its vulnerabilities.

Icy Burst Kukri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20; Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 plus Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4 plus Deadly Strike: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11


For the confirmation, no I forgot. The total.would be 11 damage for a non crit.


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 25/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
5/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 4/16 REx 16/18 REn 34/34 RoR 12/17

Painfully aware of his acute injuries, Urgeon withdraws to the safety of the space beyond the double doors.


Urgeon moves and Ridic heals himself. Razorend slashes his opponent quickly, turning its head into an icy block. It falls back to the ground, dead.

Kovax & Oskar?


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Again, Oskar attacks the nearest enemy...
Waraxe_Att1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Waraxe_Dam: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Waraxe+Att2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Waraxe_Dam: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Yeah, these are bad rolls...=(


Oskar, even with the advantage of the high ground, misses badly over the android's head.


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

Can I tumble back out from under the table or do I need to kind of have space to work, also will I get AoO's again and I should just move out?


You can tumble. DC = opponents CMD for a threatened square, CMD +5 for their square.


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

Kovax attempts to tumble out and away giving himself room to attack

Tumble Out - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

If I made it and I am able to attack

To Hit - 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Damage - 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Confirm Crit - 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Total Damage - 1d10 + 9 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 16 = 31


Kovax tumbles out and up leaping to his feet and spinning backwards whirling his chain hammer to smash the western android viciously.

The android stumbles back and pulls out a small spherical device and then flips a switch on the side. A small light begins to flash red on the side. The android stands their holding it in its hand.

The android squaring off with Oskar swings its morningstar, but the wily dwarf leaps above the attack.

Android vs Oskar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10; miss

Everyone is up, starting with Razorend. Kovax, confirm those are non-rage bonuses in your rolls


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

I raged before I tried to tumble under table


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic will attack the android to the south. Is that a table that blocks that whole area?

Attack
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Confirm Crit
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Damage
2d4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 1 = 5

Crit Damage
2d4 + 2d4 + 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) + (4, 1) + (4, 3) = 17

Scythe's are x4


It is, are you crawling on to the table to attack. You need one more 2d4 and you quadruple the static damage as well?

Kovax, copy.


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Razorend flickers, teleporting across the room to attack the south android and then snapping back to his starting point a moment later.

Flicker Strike... vs flat-footed AC
Icy Burst Kukri: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30; Damage: 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 plus Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 4 plus Deadly Strike: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6
Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
TOTAL Damage: 1d4 + 10 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 12 + 6 = 30 plus Cold: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 25/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
5/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 4/16 REx 16/18 REn 34/34 RoR 12/17

Urgeon steps in behind Ridic and fires his wand of magic missiles at the western android if he has line of sight, or at the southern android otherwise.

Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Yes he will crawl over the top of it.

Damage
2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Static Damage?


Urgeon fires magic missile a the eastern (? I assumed you meant) and Ridic follows up by scrambling onto the table with a vicious overhand strike that hooks behind the android penetrating the middle of his back and ripping through the front of his stomach. The lights on its body flash twice and then it slumps.

Razorend flickers into existence and whips his blade across before flickering away. The android stands in surprise before its mostly severed head falls sideways and the body collapses to the ground, the blinking device falling and rolling forward a couple feet.

Random: 1d8 ⇒ 2

END COMBAT ... sort of, need to resolve one small thing. What are Kovax and Oskar doing for this one round of action? You will each gain 650xp


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

Kovax will see if he can figure out of that device was a grenade or something else, and see if he can turn it off.

Knowledge Engineering - 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

If it is a grenade, he will throw it to the SW part of the room away from the group


so move to the device and then move to pick it up?


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Oskar moves away from the Grenade, as far as he can get, without leaving the room.


Oskar and Kovax retreat away from the device which explodes as they do so.

Oskar, Ridic, Kovax and Urgeon make a Reflex Save DC15 for half: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 6, 2, 2) = 13 bludgeoning

Everyone but Kovax gains a +4 to their reflex save from cover

Razorend, on the other side of the wall sees and hears the explosion but is protected from the concussive force.

Now END COMBAT!

Loots: 4 improvised morningstars, 4 sets of metal patchwork hide armor, 6 concussion grenades


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Reflex Save
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

5d6 is the damage on the concussive grenades, what is the area of effect? Ridic wants one on those bad boys


20 foot radius


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Yes, pretty decent grenades. Split out 1 each?

Razorend checks over the bodies of the androids, trying to learn a little more about them.

Heal: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 25/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
5/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 4/16 REx 16/18 REn 34/34 RoR 12/17

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11

Urgeon falls unconscious from the blast.


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Reflex
Reflex_Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Half damage, yay!

Current HPs: 38/68


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic will cast stabilize on Urgeon, and then hit him with the wand (cure light wounds).

Heal
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Razorend checks the androids out and closer inspection shows that they weren't quite put together correctly. Seams are obvious and strange defects and imperfections that seem far less organic and more like machine-based damage.

To the south side of the room, more silent machinery looms amid workbenches scattered with technological parts and several large machines that bear restraints and metal skullcaps. There are numerous old and broken technological elements, tools, and devices scattered around this room, although none of them are particularly useful or valuable.

If you investigate the machinery & DC 25 Knowledge (engineering):
You determine the larger machinery in the room seems to once have been capable of producing living androids, but that in its current state would be unlikely to produce anything but the deformed monsters you just fought. The machine, although currently unpowered, has been off line for centuries, and was perhaps activated as recently as several years ago.

Of note, as Razorend goes by, he spies a terminal that is lit up with text on the screen. (Marked with purple X)


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 25/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
5/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 4/16 REx 16/18 REn 34/34 RoR 12/17

Urgeon is still unconscious.


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Can I read the text on the screen?


Yeah, if you have Androffan. I have the script on my other computer otherwise I would've posted it above


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Oskar tries to figure out the:
Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 <- didn't figure out anything.

Oskar can read it and tells the others what it says.


Leaving Urgeon laying unconscious in the corner of the room, the party investigates the machinery and the display. (I'm assuming Ridic stays with Urgeon)

Oskar puzzles with the machinery and can't figure out anything specific, but catching his eye he notices a partially completed android behind the foggy glass of one of the tubes to the west.

Oskar Perception DC22:
Squinting and rubbing at the glass, you notice the android's completed face, but incomplete skull and you realize it bears an identical semblance to Razorend

Reading the display in Androffan:

***LOSTLINK/DIVINITY/COMMANDCORE***
***WARNING---BREACH/MODULE/FOUNDRYLEVEL***
***WARNING---TUMBLE/UNCONTROLLED-PRESSURELOSS-SENSORFAILURE***
***EMERGENCY-REROUT/DEFENSE/SCREEN/ACTIVATION**
***WARNING---POWERLOSS/MODULE/MAINPOWER***
***WARNING---SHUTDOWN/UNCONTROLLED****
>reboot
>timestamp: unverified
>diagnostic/life support: limited function, atmosphere
>diagnostic/sensors: no capacity
>diagnostic/communications: no capacity
>diagnostic/main power: no capacity
>diagnostic/aux power: limited/diminishing
>diagnostic/autorepair: no capacity
>check unit status from previous logs
>unit status: breached, tumbling, no interface
>unit status override/Unity: general boarding alert
>diagnostic/foundry: limited function
>purge protocol 07-031 autostart/generate defenders to repel boarders
***WARNING---LOSTLINK/AURORA/DREAMBUILDER***
>purge protocol 07-031 bypass/dreambuilder reroute/mindtemplates
***WARNING---LOSTLINK/AURORA/BUILDQUEUE***
>reinitialize buildqueue
>initiate build 0001 template TAZ32/hunterkiller/highcapacity/Seerath
>build complete
>initiate build 0002 template TAZ28/stalker/highfunction/Razorend
***WARNING---POWERLOSS/MODULE/AUXPOWER/UNVERIFIED***
***ERROR: build 0002 status unknown***
>purge protocol 07-031 override/highcapacity reroute/standardbuild
>initiate build 0002 template TAZ03/combatant/standardbuild/Trooper01
>buildqueue constant generate last template upon power buildup
>buildqueue constant generate until new orders
>initiate build 0002
>build complete
>initiate build 0003
>build complete
...
>initiate build 004

Perception DC24 (DC27 for Ridic, Kovax & Urgeon):
You hear something shuffling quietly to the east and spy a slight red glow here and there

Separate Roll: Perception DC34 (DC37 for Ridic, Kovax & Urgeon):
You see a black-clad silver haired woman moving like a ghost along the top of the tube to the south

DM Use:

Mutants: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Seereth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32


Male Dwarf Gunslinger 5/fighter 1 HP 68 : AC 22 / T14 / FF18: Fort 8 / Ref 7 / Will 3 : Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11 (+13 to notice unusual stonework, +13 on checks related to metals, jewels, and gemstones)

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
"Holy Torag! Razor, does this place look familiar to you? Cause this one here looks familiar to me"


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Perception
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

Yes Ridic will heal Urgeon

Wand of CLW

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Wand of CLW

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 25/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
5/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 4/16 REx 16/18 REn 34/34 RoR 12/17

Urgeon staggers to his feet and nods his thanks to Ridic.

Looking around, he moves to read the screen flashing in Androffan. "Razorend, there is something you should see here ... "

He translates for the group.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

He then turns abruptly to the east and points to the glowing red light. "There's something moving back there!"


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Razorend takes in the translation from the screen, shaking his head in awe. "I... I don't know." He looks around the room, trying to recall any memory of the place.

"Who is Seerath? Have we heard that name before?" He looks confused.

When Urgeon warns the group, Razorend snaps his attention back. He draws his kukri and stands ready for another assault.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic will quickly look where Urgeon is looking, and white knuckle his weapon.


Urgeon and the party look to the east and peering into the darkness are able to spy several more of the deformed androids lurking around the machinery to the east. They watch ... and wait.

Actions? Initiative if you're going to cast a spell, move or attack


Male Android Stalker 7 :: AC 22 (t17, f15) :: 53 hp

Razorend holds up an hand and calls for parley. "We are willing to talk if you are."


The androids make no movement or show any reaction to Razorend's overture.


M Human (Kellid) Blight Druid, S16, D10, C14, I10, W19, CH10, HP59, AC17, Init 1, Perception +14 Level 7 Druid

Ridic will watch intently...."Do they speak a different language, maybe like the one on that board?


M Human (Kellid) Diviner 6 Technomancer 1, HP 25/54 , AC 13 (17 w/ mage armor), Init +11, Perception +12, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +7
Spells:
5/6 1st 3/5 2nd 1/4 3rd Wands: MM 8/44 SR 4/16 REx 16/18 REn 34/34 RoR 12/17

Urgeon will repeat Razorend’s greeting in Androffan. ”We mean you no harm.”


Changing languages gets a small flicker of recognition from the androids, but they still don't move or reply. They simply continue to lurk, waiting ... for something.


Male Human Mechanist/Savage Technologist Level 7

Knowledge Engineering -1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Perception - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Perception - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Kovax will drink a potion

2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 5) + 5 = 17

2,351 to 2,400 of 3,089 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM FFlash's Iron Gods Campaign Reboot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.