Curse of Strahd, Land of Horror (Inactive)

Game Master DoubleGold

Undead, Werewolves, Dark entities, etc.
Map is up

Inits:
Fang -1
Agotaras -1
Cherry 2
Fhern 3
Orsik 0
Rag 1
Talsazzar 3


601 to 650 of 659 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Druid 8 | HP: 59/59 | Speed:35 | AC: 17 | Passive Perception: 17 | Init: +3 | Wildshapes (3hr) 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 4/4 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 0/2 Saves: STR-1, DEX+3, CON+2, INT+3, WIS+8, CHA+0 | Skills: Insight, Perception, Slight of Hand, Stealth, Survival | kits: Thieves tools, disguise kit, herbalism kit)

As a bonus action, I'll cast a 3rd lvl healing word on Fang.
healing: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4, 2) + 4 = 12

For my standard action, I'll direct the centipedes to advance. Since they're technically small creatures, I imagine I can crowd two of them into a 5 foot space, meaning four can get to the Deva.

Centipede attacks:
ToHit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
ToHit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
ToHit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
ToHit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Inactive

Orsik blesses his companions and strikes the Deva with his spiritual weapon.

Fang, Agotoras, Fhern, you have +1d4 on your attack rolls or saving throws.

Bonus action:
Spiritual weapon atk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Spiritual weapon dmg, force: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Spiritual weapon 9/10
Concentration: Bless 10/10


CG Orc Fighter 8 Max HP: 76 | AC: 22 | Initiative: -1 | Saves: STR: +8; DEX: 0; CON: +7; INT: +2; WIS: +2; CHA: +2

Fang, renewed by his allies, tries to make their buffs count.

First Attack Roll with Bardic Inspiration and Bless: 1d20 + 1d8 + 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (9) + (2) + (1) + 7 = 19
Damage Roll: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Second Attack Roll with Bless: 1d20 + 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (17) + (3) + 7 = 27
Damage Roll: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


8 Paladin | AC 20 | 68/68 HP | Init -1 | Proficiency +3 | Passive Percep 11 | +10 Sunsword 1d8+7 | +8 Silver Longsword 1d8+5 | +8 Lt Hammer 1d5+4 Range 20ft 1/1 Channel Divinity | 3/3 Divine Sense | 1/1 Inspiration | 3/3 Relentless Avenger | 30/30 Lay on Hands 9/10 Rations
Channel:
Abjure Enemy DC13 | Vow of Emnity
Spell Attack +5 | Spell Save DC13 | 4/4 1st Level Slots 4/4 2nd Level | [

Not sure what the lightning bolt is so if I can't go in that square then this wont work.

"Ahh we got ya ya monster."

Agotaras takes the final step forward and tries to smite the fiend.

Sunsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Smite Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 7) = 10
If Undead: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Longsword 2nd Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
If Undead: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Burnned Misty Step for Smite


Inactive

Blue lightning is my Spiritual Weapon. Also, don't forget about +1d4 from Bless.


8 Paladin | AC 20 | 68/68 HP | Init -1 | Proficiency +3 | Passive Percep 11 | +10 Sunsword 1d8+7 | +8 Silver Longsword 1d8+5 | +8 Lt Hammer 1d5+4 Range 20ft 1/1 Channel Divinity | 3/3 Divine Sense | 1/1 Inspiration | 3/3 Relentless Avenger | 30/30 Lay on Hands 9/10 Rations
Channel:
Abjure Enemy DC13 | Vow of Emnity
Spell Attack +5 | Spell Save DC13 | 4/4 1st Level Slots 4/4 2nd Level | [

Thank you, I did forget that.

Bless for Attack 1: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Bless for Attack 2: 1d4 ⇒ 2


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

Some of you have troubling hitting the Deva, others hit the Deva, but realize he is resistant to nonmagical weapons and radiant dmg 32 dmg on him.

He will swing his mace at agotaras hit: 8 + 1d20 ⇒ 8 + (13) = 21
second hit: 8 + 1d20 ⇒ 8 + (1) = 9
take dmg: 1d6 + 4 + 4d8 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (3, 7, 6, 2) = 26 dmg

all heroes are up


CG Orc Fighter 8 Max HP: 76 | AC: 22 | Initiative: -1 | Saves: STR: +8; DEX: 0; CON: +7; INT: +2; WIS: +2; CHA: +2

Fang is going to swing his axe at him in a flurry of attacks.

Normal Attacks: 1d20 + 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (20) + (3) + 7 = 301d20 + 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (5) + (2) + 7 = 14
Damage Rolls: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Crit Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8 That's 9 and 4 after the resistance, respectively.

Action Surge Attacks: 1d20 + 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + (1) + 7 = 91d20 + 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (20) + (1) + 7 = 28
Damage Rolls: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Crit Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8 That's a miss and 8 after resistance.


Inactive

Orsik channels his powers to heal the wounds inflicted be the Deva, and striking the enemy with the holy weapon.

Channel divinity - healing Ago and Fang for 15 HP each.

Bonus action:
Spiritual weapon atk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Spiritual weapon dmg, force: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Spiritual weapon 8/10
Concentration: Bless 9/10 - Fang, Agotoras, Fhern


8 Paladin | AC 20 | 68/68 HP | Init -1 | Proficiency +3 | Passive Percep 11 | +10 Sunsword 1d8+7 | +8 Silver Longsword 1d8+5 | +8 Lt Hammer 1d5+4 Range 20ft 1/1 Channel Divinity | 3/3 Divine Sense | 1/1 Inspiration | 3/3 Relentless Avenger | 30/30 Lay on Hands 9/10 Rations
Channel:
Abjure Enemy DC13 | Vow of Emnity
Spell Attack +5 | Spell Save DC13 | 4/4 1st Level Slots 4/4 2nd Level | [

"Oh, ya think ya can just hit me you bloody git!"

Agotaras whispers a short prayer calling Helm to sear his enemy.

Bonus Action: Searing Smite

Sunsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 raident
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 fire

Searing Smite:

The next time you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack during the spell's duration, your weapon flares with white-hot intensity, and the attack deals an extra 1d6 fire damage to the target and causes the target to ignite in flames. At the start of each of its turns until the spell ends, the target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d6 fire damage. On a successful save, the spell ends. If the target or a creature within 5 feet of it uses an action to put out the flames, or if some other effect douses the flames (such as the target being submerged in water), the spell ends.


HP 51/51 | AC 14 | Init +2 | Passive Perc: 17 (Devil's Sight)
Usable:
Bard Insp 4/5 (1d8), Short Rest HD 8/8(1d8+1)

Cherry casts Hex on the Deva as her bonus action and then targets it with a couple of Eldritch Blasts..

The Deva will have Disadvantage on Con rolls from here on.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Attack 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Force Crit Dam 2: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (5, 1) + 5 = 11
Necrotic Dam: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10


Druid 8 | HP: 59/59 | Speed:35 | AC: 17 | Passive Perception: 17 | Init: +3 | Wildshapes (3hr) 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 4/4 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 0/2 Saves: STR-1, DEX+3, CON+2, INT+3, WIS+8, CHA+0 | Skills: Insight, Perception, Slight of Hand, Stealth, Survival | kits: Thieves tools, disguise kit, herbalism kit)

Noting that their pincers aren't doing much damage, Fhern will direct the centipedes to drag him out from against the wall.

Grapple Attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Grapple Attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Grapple Attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Grapple Attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

He can resist those with an athletics or acrobatics check.

If he fails any of those, then they will drag him 15 ft away from the wall, which should give the melee folks attacks of opportunity.

Then, I'll have the other six move in and attempt to knock him prone.

Shove Attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Shove Attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Shove Attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Shove Attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Shove Attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Shove Attempt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

If he is knocked prone, he gets disadvantage on attacks and people in melee get advantage on attacks. Since he is still grappled (if everything has gone to plan), he cannot get up until he spends an action to break the grapple, since getting up requires using movement, and grappled sets movement to 0.

-------

For my bonus action, I'll cast healing word on Ago as a 2nd lvl spell.

Healing: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

With enough effort you manage to take the Deva down You would have had him in another round really with no chance of killing one of you. and his body vanishes, like how Jedi vanish when they die in Star Wars. But someone has to refill the holes and put the bodies back in the grave, two shovels are outside, so two people can help. I need str checks to put the dirt back in and a con save to not be tired after 2 hours of work.


Druid 8 | HP: 59/59 | Speed:35 | AC: 17 | Passive Perception: 17 | Init: +3 | Wildshapes (3hr) 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 4/4 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 0/2 Saves: STR-1, DEX+3, CON+2, INT+3, WIS+8, CHA+0 | Skills: Insight, Perception, Slight of Hand, Stealth, Survival | kits: Thieves tools, disguise kit, herbalism kit)

"Why do I get the feeling that we haven't seen the last of this guy?"

I'll turn into a giant badger to aid in the process. They're described as having "shovel-like claws" so I don't think I'll need to use a shovel.

STR: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
CON: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


CG Orc Fighter 8 Max HP: 76 | AC: 22 | Initiative: -1 | Saves: STR: +8; DEX: 0; CON: +7; INT: +2; WIS: +2; CHA: +2

Str: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Con: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Inactive

"Good riddance. Let's put the bodies back where they belong."

As we still have one free shovel I'll give a hand.
Str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Con: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


8 Paladin | AC 20 | 68/68 HP | Init -1 | Proficiency +3 | Passive Percep 11 | +10 Sunsword 1d8+7 | +8 Silver Longsword 1d8+5 | +8 Lt Hammer 1d5+4 Range 20ft 1/1 Channel Divinity | 3/3 Divine Sense | 1/1 Inspiration | 3/3 Relentless Avenger | 30/30 Lay on Hands 9/10 Rations
Channel:
Abjure Enemy DC13 | Vow of Emnity
Spell Attack +5 | Spell Save DC13 | 4/4 1st Level Slots 4/4 2nd Level | [

"Leave the digging to the dwarf."

Str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Con: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

Fhern can't do it but isn't exhausted doing so. Orsik can't either, but isn't exhausted and Agotaras does all the work and puts the bodies back.

Adventure log time
experienc, enough to put you to level 8. 10 downtime, 1 renown. 450 gold each and 1 potion of superior healing for whoever wants it.

From here there are 4 nearby unexplored places, though if you don't wan those four there are more further out. Yester Hill is almost directly south of here, Tsolenka Pass is southeast of here and is the furthest south of the four. Argynvostholt is southeast of here and Ruins of Berez is south east of here, the least south you'll travel but the most east you'll travel.
Which way? Also if you go off the path and onto a straight and direct line you will save a few hours, but it is more dangerous.

Of course the other three farout places are Amber Temple, Van Richten's Tower and to find the Wizard that lies north in Baravoia.


Inactive

"Anyone have any idea where we go next?"


8 Paladin | AC 20 | 68/68 HP | Init -1 | Proficiency +3 | Passive Percep 11 | +10 Sunsword 1d8+7 | +8 Silver Longsword 1d8+5 | +8 Lt Hammer 1d5+4 Range 20ft 1/1 Channel Divinity | 3/3 Divine Sense | 1/1 Inspiration | 3/3 Relentless Avenger | 30/30 Lay on Hands 9/10 Rations
Channel:
Abjure Enemy DC13 | Vow of Emnity
Spell Attack +5 | Spell Save DC13 | 4/4 1st Level Slots 4/4 2nd Level | [

"No idea but in this land I am sure the evil will show it's self soon enough."


Druid 8 | HP: 59/59 | Speed:35 | AC: 17 | Passive Perception: 17 | Init: +3 | Wildshapes (3hr) 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 4/4 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 0/2 Saves: STR-1, DEX+3, CON+2, INT+3, WIS+8, CHA+0 | Skills: Insight, Perception, Slight of Hand, Stealth, Survival | kits: Thieves tools, disguise kit, herbalism kit)

"For no particular reason, I suggest the ruins. All the civilized places around here have turned out to be havens for evil, maybe the ruins will actually be a nice place."


CG Orc Fighter 8 Max HP: 76 | AC: 22 | Initiative: -1 | Saves: STR: +8; DEX: 0; CON: +7; INT: +2; WIS: +2; CHA: +2

"We should go see the wizard. They probably would have information we need."


HP 51/51 | AC 14 | Init +2 | Passive Perc: 17 (Devil's Sight)
Usable:
Bard Insp 4/5 (1d8), Short Rest HD 8/8(1d8+1)

"But the Wizard is way off, and who says he a nice wizard? I say we go to the closest and just work our way around this pit of evil.."


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

I assume nobody is going to split the party, I need Cherry, Fhern or Fang to roll me a d3 to see who's idea we follow, only one of you now


Druid 8 | HP: 59/59 | Speed:35 | AC: 17 | Passive Perception: 17 | Init: +3 | Wildshapes (3hr) 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 4/4 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 0/2 Saves: STR-1, DEX+3, CON+2, INT+3, WIS+8, CHA+0 | Skills: Insight, Perception, Slight of Hand, Stealth, Survival | kits: Thieves tools, disguise kit, herbalism kit)

surprise!: 1d3 ⇒ 2


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

You all go up to the mad mage, he isn't evil, but the cold and this place has gotten to him. Halt, who comes there?!
You see the mad mage here, along with 4 winter wolves and 4 Yeti's
He is 50 feet away and uphills ever so slightly. The mad mage is in the center while the wolves to his right and the Yeti's to his left. Approach no further! and the wolves and Yeti's look hungrily at you. You have one chance to make this right, otherwise, that is init. Or you can just roll init and attack. The Yeti's and Wolves are evil, the mage is not.


HP 51/51 | AC 14 | Init +2 | Passive Perc: 17 (Devil's Sight)
Usable:
Bard Insp 4/5 (1d8), Short Rest HD 8/8(1d8+1)

Cherry steps forwards, hands raised..

Bonus Action to use Bardic Inspiration

"We come in peace! We heard there was a powerful wizard up here that might be able to help us kill Strahd! Can you help us?"

Persuasion: 1d20 + 11 + 1d8 ⇒ (14) + 11 + (5) = 30


CG Orc Fighter 8 Max HP: 76 | AC: 22 | Initiative: -1 | Saves: STR: +8; DEX: 0; CON: +7; INT: +2; WIS: +2; CHA: +2

"Yeah, what she said."


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

Oh, you aren't working for him? And he is surprised, but just then, the 4 wolves turn to attack him and the 4 yetis turn to attack you

init: 2 + 1d20 ⇒ 2 + (9) = 11 bad guys
init: 3 + 1d20 ⇒ 3 + (15) = 18 wizard
[ooc]then you can all roll init and post if before the animals.


CG Orc Fighter 8 Max HP: 76 | AC: 22 | Initiative: -1 | Saves: STR: +8; DEX: 0; CON: +7; INT: +2; WIS: +2; CHA: +2

-Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6


Druid 8 | HP: 59/59 | Speed:35 | AC: 17 | Passive Perception: 17 | Init: +3 | Wildshapes (3hr) 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 4/4 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 0/2 Saves: STR-1, DEX+3, CON+2, INT+3, WIS+8, CHA+0 | Skills: Insight, Perception, Slight of Hand, Stealth, Survival | kits: Thieves tools, disguise kit, herbalism kit)

init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Wizards can handle themselves. Call lightning on the yetis.

lightning damage: 4d10 ⇒ (9, 1, 2, 7) = 19 (Dex save = 16 for half)


HP 51/51 | AC 14 | Init +2 | Passive Perc: 17 (Devil's Sight)
Usable:
Bard Insp 4/5 (1d8), Short Rest HD 8/8(1d8+1)

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

"No, we are not with the vampire! Join us!"

Without a map I'm not sure I can pull this off.. If she can't just hit the Yeti's let me know and depending I might change her action.

Cherry fireballs the yeti's hopefully not catching anyone else in the flames..

Fireball!: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4) = 19 Dex 16 for 1/2

Man what an amazinf first fireball.. 4 1's..


8 Paladin | AC 20 | 68/68 HP | Init -1 | Proficiency +3 | Passive Percep 11 | +10 Sunsword 1d8+7 | +8 Silver Longsword 1d8+5 | +8 Lt Hammer 1d5+4 Range 20ft 1/1 Channel Divinity | 3/3 Divine Sense | 1/1 Inspiration | 3/3 Relentless Avenger | 30/30 Lay on Hands 9/10 Rations
Channel:
Abjure Enemy DC13 | Vow of Emnity
Spell Attack +5 | Spell Save DC13 | 4/4 1st Level Slots 4/4 2nd Level | [

Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Agotaras takes a moment to get his Sunsword going so is a little behind what is going on. Still he advances after the spells start flying.


Inactive

Init: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Orsik channels the divine power in an attempt to blind half of the yetis.

Blindness from the 3rd slot on 2 Yetis - DC 16 Con or Blinded. At the end of each of its turns, the target can make a Constitution saving throw. On a success, the spell ends.


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

dex: 1 + 1d20 ⇒ 1 + (17) = 18
dex: 1 + 1d20 ⇒ 1 + (8) = 9
dex: 1 + 1d20 ⇒ 1 + (17) = 18 takes half on lightning
dex: 1 + 1d20 ⇒ 1 + (12) = 13
dex: 1 + 1d20 ⇒ 1 + (5) = 6
dex: 1 + 1d20 ⇒ 1 + (3) = 4
dex: 1 + 1d20 ⇒ 1 + (19) = 20 takes half on fireball
dex: 1 + 1d20 ⇒ 1 + (4) = 5
But Yeti's hate fire, so now they are at disadvantage.
con: 3 + 1d20 ⇒ 3 + (12) = 15
con: 3 + 1d20 ⇒ 3 + (7) = 10

The wizard then casts time stop on his turn turns: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
He then casts delayed fireball blast on the wolves, which also gets all the Yeti's and then a regular fireball dmg: 8d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 6, 6, 6, 5, 6, 6) = 39 and they autofail since they were frozen. The fireball's go off at the same time dmg: 12d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 5, 2, 5, 6, 4, 1, 4, 5, 2, 2) = 42 delayed fireball.
You all see the wizard move backwards, like he teleported and then 2 fireballs detonate, you do not see what happens when time stops, just the afteraffects
You all hear Straud's voice speaking through a dead wolf You took control of the wizard again, you will pay for this, he was my pet then the animals vanish.


HP 51/51 | AC 14 | Init +2 | Passive Perc: 17 (Devil's Sight)
Usable:
Bard Insp 4/5 (1d8), Short Rest HD 8/8(1d8+1)

So he teleported away?


Druid 8 | HP: 59/59 | Speed:35 | AC: 17 | Passive Perception: 17 | Init: +3 | Wildshapes (3hr) 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 4/4 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 0/2 Saves: STR-1, DEX+3, CON+2, INT+3, WIS+8, CHA+0 | Skills: Insight, Perception, Slight of Hand, Stealth, Survival | kits: Thieves tools, disguise kit, herbalism kit)

Told you wizards can handle themselves :P.

Fhern shouts at the now distant wizard. "Neat trick! If you can do that, why haven't you killed the vampire yourself yet?"


CG Orc Fighter 8 Max HP: 76 | AC: 22 | Initiative: -1 | Saves: STR: +8; DEX: 0; CON: +7; INT: +2; WIS: +2; CHA: +2

"Because he lacks the Sword of Strahd slaying and the banner of ancient kings." jokes Fang.


Inactive

So, enemies are dead?


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

No he is still here, he cast time stop. The way time stop works is that not only can you not move, but your entire brain stops working. You last knew him to be in that location before he cast time stop, he moved 30 feet. Time started again when the 2nd fireball hit the ground, so it looks like he teleported and the fireball came from the ground up.
Because my magic is limited and his castle is big, I'd waste up all my spell slots just getting past all his minions

As to my earlier post, which way now?


Inactive

"Will you give us a hand later, if we take care of the minions?"

Amber Temple sounds interesting. Or Ruins of Berez.


CG Orc Fighter 8 Max HP: 76 | AC: 22 | Initiative: -1 | Saves: STR: +8; DEX: 0; CON: +7; INT: +2; WIS: +2; CHA: +2

I would vote for Tsolenka Pass


Druid 8 | HP: 59/59 | Speed:35 | AC: 17 | Passive Perception: 17 | Init: +3 | Wildshapes (3hr) 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 4/4 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 0/2 Saves: STR-1, DEX+3, CON+2, INT+3, WIS+8, CHA+0 | Skills: Insight, Perception, Slight of Hand, Stealth, Survival | kits: Thieves tools, disguise kit, herbalism kit)

I have no context on any of these decisions, so do whatever.


8 Paladin | AC 20 | 68/68 HP | Init -1 | Proficiency +3 | Passive Percep 11 | +10 Sunsword 1d8+7 | +8 Silver Longsword 1d8+5 | +8 Lt Hammer 1d5+4 Range 20ft 1/1 Channel Divinity | 3/3 Divine Sense | 1/1 Inspiration | 3/3 Relentless Avenger | 30/30 Lay on Hands 9/10 Rations
Channel:
Abjure Enemy DC13 | Vow of Emnity
Spell Attack +5 | Spell Save DC13 | 4/4 1st Level Slots 4/4 2nd Level | [

Either or.


HP 51/51 | AC 14 | Init +2 | Passive Perc: 17 (Devil's Sight)
Usable:
Bard Insp 4/5 (1d8), Short Rest HD 8/8(1d8+1)

"Is there a way we can contact you for assistance if we should need it?"


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

I'll be up here living in my magical mansion where Strahd cannot detect me, you are invited to come in if you want, I'll be there to help with Strahd.
They head off to Tsolenka Pass. They cross a short bridge over water and see some towers off to their right. 50 feet to the right, 6 specters appear on the tower, and 50 feet almost directly north 3 wights and 75 feet north 20 feet east and 25 feet up is a roc
init: 1 + 1d20 ⇒ 1 + (5) = 6 average init of all enemies
Roll init. area attacks will get one group before they move


Druid 8 | HP: 59/59 | Speed:35 | AC: 17 | Passive Perception: 17 | Init: +3 | Wildshapes (3hr) 2/2 | Spells: 1st: 4/4 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 0/2 Saves: STR-1, DEX+3, CON+2, INT+3, WIS+8, CHA+0 | Skills: Insight, Perception, Slight of Hand, Stealth, Survival | kits: Thieves tools, disguise kit, herbalism kit)

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

I'll try a moonbeam on the specters.

radiantDamage: 4d10 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 9) = 19 Con save DC 16 for half


CG Orc Fighter 8 Max HP: 76 | AC: 22 | Initiative: -1 | Saves: STR: +8; DEX: 0; CON: +7; INT: +2; WIS: +2; CHA: +2

Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Fang draws his axe and begins striding across the bridge towards the enemy.


Inactive

Init: 1d20 ⇒ 1


HP 51/51 | AC 14 | Init +2 | Passive Perc: 17 (Devil's Sight)
Usable:
Bard Insp 4/5 (1d8), Short Rest HD 8/8(1d8+1)

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Cherry will use bardic inspiration on Fang as a bonus action providing +1d8 to his next d20 roll. She will then fireball the Specters.

DC 16 Dex save.

Fire Dam: 8d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 5, 3) = 26

601 to 650 of 659 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of Strahd, Land of Horror All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.