Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


6,051 to 6,100 of 14,076 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Rd 5: Enforcer

Understanding that he won't be able to take another significant hit the enforcer unleashes a last ditch attempt to kill the warrior before him,

rapier: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 13 - 1 = 15;damage: 1d6 + 7 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 1 - 1 = 7

rapier: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 1 = 20;damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
prayer penalty added


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 5

Inspire Courage Active: +2 competence attack/damage +2 morale save vs fear and charm

Astrianna watches Torgue and the massive ape fight with unadulterated glee. Wait until the folks at the explorer's guild hear about this. Jasmine will definitely trade some information for a story of this magnitude.

A frown crosses her lips and shakes her out of the fantasy when a roar echos from the cave. "Gods, is there another Gorillon?" She says to no one in particular, knocking another magical arrow and sending it at the creature's meaty flank.

She notices Chell behind her, glancing back before speaking. "Do you think Bonegnaw is sending his pets out to soften us up? At this point he has to know we're no simple threat."

Free Action: Maintain Inspire Courage (2/16)

Standard Action: Fire longbow at Gorillon

Longbow attack, inspired, point-blank, prayer: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 26

Damage, inspired, point-blank, prayer, +1 arrow: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10

The dice, they have returned! I think the trick is don't bother casting spells with saving throws, because Baldwin always makes them.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Torgue's attack hits and does significant damage to the girallon it's rage keenly focused now on the enlarged man. "RARWWW" That angry cry is echoed by a sound within the cave.

WHARGBBLLLLLLL!!!!


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"I think we have two scenarios. Bonegnaw keeps the pets to fight for him because he is weak," she says hopefully. "Or," always an or "he fought and captured all of them. Meaning he is stronger or on par with them." She then gives Astrianna a serious look. "Always assume the worst and pray for the best. I just prayed. Your turn"

Move to M36 and use wand of CL on torgue. Prayer 3/5 rounds.

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

OK, thanks for checking.

Sorrin steps up. OVER HERE! LETS GO BANANAS!!

atk, four-arms, scimitar, inspired, prayer: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 28
dmg, four-arms, scimitar, inspired, prayer: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 13

O40.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

FELL THE BEAST! Sorrin hopes to call in a flight of arrows.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

With a groan, Cireladwen ignores the enforcer in favor of the massive girallon. Hopefully, this will all be over quickly.

Attack, Rapidshot, Inspired, Prayer:
Attack 1:1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 23 Daño:1d8 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 14
Attack 2:1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 27 Daño:1d8 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 14


Evil GM

Astri's arrow hits and the creature looks ragged.

RD 5: Girallons

the beast rears and lashes out at Torgue with all it's attacks,

bite: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 1 = 23;damage: 1d6 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 1 = 4

claw 1: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 1 = 18;damage: 1d4 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 1 = 6
plus if two claws hit rend: 1d4 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 1 = 7

claw 1: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 1 = 17;damage: 1d4 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 1 = 6

claw 3: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 1 = 17;damage: 1d4 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 1 = 4

claw 4: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 1 = 21;damage: 1d4 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 1 = 5

*I subtracted the -1 prayer

each attack including the rend slices into the enraged barbarian.
32 HP by my count.

-----
It's mate comes lumbering out of the cave and it is squeezing in the cave mouth. I'm won't have it attack this round.


Evil GM

Sorrin's attack fells the first Girallon.

At the last second Cir notices the first giant ape topple so she quickly uses her instincts to adjust her aim, striking the enforcer twice killing him.


Evil GM

RD 5

Initiative Order:

Enforcers -attacked
Astri - attacked
Very special friends - attacked
Sorrin - attacked
Bonegnaw -
Cireladwen - attacked
Jenkie/Capt -
Chell - CLW
Bri -
Torgue -

RD 5


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

HP 21/76(31/86 when raging)
AC 19/T11/FF19 (-2 when raging)
Saves F10/R3/W4
Weapon in hand:Greatclub
Rage used 10/16
Effects:Bull's Str(+4 str 5 minutes)(Enlarge 2 minutes 2d8 club damage, +1 damage AC 17, 10' reach).Bard Song(+2 hit/damage),Prayer +1 Hit/Damage/Saves/Skills)
Used:1 Second Wind

Sorrin, pull back! Torgue moves 5' south, the diffult ground making it a move action for him. Torgue then flips a vial of healing juice to his lips, his raging mind thinking it is a very tasty ale.

Using Raging Drunk to drink CSW potion as a move action

CSW: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 6, 2) + 5 = 18 39/76 normal 49/86 ragin hp now

Torgue AoO's the ape when it squeezes out to fight him

AoO: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 302d8 + 19 ⇒ (1, 8) + 19 = 28


Evil GM

RD 5: Back on the ship

The captain and Jenkie continue to use their bows but they focus on the new Girallon:

Jenkie:

att, melee penalty, IC, prayer: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 4 + 2 + 1 = 11;damage, IC, prayer: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 10
using comp longbow +2 dam

Capt fires
capt, str and melee pen, IC, prayer: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 2 - 4 + 2 + 1 = 10;damage, IC, prayer: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11

they miss


Evil GM

RD 5: Bri DMPC

The witch moves up five feet and tries her slumber hex again.

will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

the massive beast tumbles to the ground sawing wood in slumber. Unfortunately, or fortunately, he fills most of the cave opening.


Evil GM

RD 6

Initiative Order:

Enforcers - dead
Astri -
Very special friends - slumber
Sorrin -
Bonegnaw -
Cireladwen -
Jenkie/Capt -
Chell -
Bri -
Torgue -

RD 6 Map


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Embrianna, How long will that keep it asleep?"


Evil GM

A RD per witch level, so 5 RDs but it can wake up with a standard action.


Evil GM

Astri and Sorrin can act.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Inspire Courage canceled

Round 6

Astrianna is highly disturbed by the sight of a second Girillon. "By Calistra, is Bonegnaw breeding these things?!" It then promptly falls over, asleep.

She raises her eyesbrows, looks back and Embrianna, and then to Torgue. The bard has stopped singing for the moment, her throat getting a bit horase. "Well, we're definitely not taking that Girillon captive. Paste its brains, Torgue."

She moves closer to the scene out of curiosity, arrow still knocked in her bow as she observes the creatures.

Move Action: Move to P37


Evil GM

Sorrin you're up.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin drops his second scimitar, producing a potion he drinks it.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8


Evil GM

The beast stirs with raging eyes after Sorrin stops for a potion.

RD 6

Initiative Order:

Enforcers - dead
Astri - moves forward
Very special friends - slumber
Sorrin - drinks potion
Bonegnaw - stirs the Girallon
Cireladwen -
Jenkie/Capt -
Chell -
Bri -
Torgue -


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

In battle, NEVER waste time. Prone and squeezing?


Evil GM

he is both prone and squeezing.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen trots to m37' grateful that there are no enemies to peg immediately. She girds herself mentally for the next phase of combat.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Lacking any big and damaging spells, Bri settles for blinding the gnoll and the creature he is waking.

Bri casts Glitterdust over the two. O and P, 39 I think on the map.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

HP 39/76(49/86 when raging)
AC 19/T11/FF19 (-2 when raging)
Saves F10/R3/W4
Weapon in hand:Greatclub
Rage used 9/16
Effects:Bull's Str(+4 str 5 minutes)(Enlarge 2 minutes 2d8 club damage, +1 damage AC 17, 10' reach).Prayer +1 Hit/Damage/Saves/Skills)
Used:1 Second Wind

Torgue lifts his club Bad ape! Go back to sleep!
Greatclub+1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 192d8 + 17 ⇒ (2, 8) + 17 = 27
Greatclub #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 222d8 + 17 ⇒ (5, 8) + 17 = 30


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

CLW on Torgue: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

All I got right now. Going to bed.


Evil GM

Bri you don't see the gnoll - he is inside the cave - the creature is blocking any view.

Your spell covers the ape.

will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

It is not blinded.

torgue hits it for 57 points of damage but it appears to still be moving.


Evil GM

Jenkie and Capt can't see what is happening so they don't act in RD 6. they help the prisoners get aboard the galley.

RD 7

Initiative Order:

Enforcers - dead
Astri -
Very special friends -
Sorrin -
Bonegnaw -
Cireladwen -
Jenkie/Capt -
Chell -
Bri -
Torgue -

RD 7


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 7

Astrianna is startled as the beast begins to get back up, even after Torgue smashes it with his giant totem twice. "What? It's waking up! Oh no no no stay down!" She quickly reaches in her spell component pouch and squeezes butter between her fingers during an arcane incantation.

The butter vanishes and the sand below the beast becomes a soupy mess of greasy sand.

Standard Action: Cast Grease, 10ft squares O42-43, P42-43. Reflex saving throw DC 15 or fall.

I'd target the squares O43-44 behind the beast to try and make Bonegnaw fall as well, but I don't think we can see those squares to target them.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin draws steel and swings! He then moves to the other side of the cave entrance.

atk, scimitar, prayer: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 = 23
dmg, scimitar, prayer: 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9

Q41


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Technically speaking, he draws/moves... Then attacks.


Evil GM

You can't see what is behind the beast, Astri.

The grease settles. reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

The slippery grease seems to have been countered by the course sand though.

The creature stands up and attacks Sorrin,

Girallon

bite: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 4 = 12;damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Sorrin I will use your dice roll above as your AOO.

Torgue you get an AOO.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Creature goes first, Sorrin was unarmed. Dropped a scimitar last round. As much as I'd love one... No AoO.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue does the monkey mash on the ape.

Greatclub+1,AoO: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 252d8 + 17 ⇒ (6, 5) + 17 = 28


Evil GM

Torgue deftly crushes the apes skull with his club but once again it is filling the cave entrance. What are you going to do...you are out of initiative rounds for the time being.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue drops out of rage(3 rounds raged, 6 rounds fatigued .)

Huff.Huff.Huff. HAHAHAHAHAHA! I can see the looks on the faces of everyone when we bring their heads back! We can name our boat the..the..the..big dead four-armed ape!


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Great, I'm sure there is some kind of back way out of that cave, 'cause no bad guy is going to get holed in with no emergency exit. So do we hack appart the corpse here to get into the cave or circle around and look for the other entrance?"


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

I will give it a try! Torgue huffs and tugs on the corpse.

Str check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Str 16
-2 Str Fatigue
+1 Enlarge
+2 Bull's Str


Evil GM

Torgue you know that will make you exhausted, do you really want to do that and risk succeeding in your tug letting out what is inside?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

GREASE! Do bodies get saves? On another note... Smoke 'em out!

Sorrin retrieves his blade and drinks a potion. Any ideas? Smoke'em out?

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Trogue lets go of the ape arm and flops back on the sand, leaning against the body of the ape he killed before. Gotta catch my breath first. Huff Huff*


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Oohh, smoke would be a good way to find the other exit, if there is one."

Bri takes her wand out of her bag and gives Torque a tap with it.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna nods at Embrianna. "Hopefully Bonegnaw doesn't escape by the time we get these bodies moved. Who knew two dead Gorillons could double as a portcullis? As much as I hate to touch the stinking things, we can just climb over them." They can't smell worse than Torgue.

She whips out her wand and tends to some of Torgue's wounds while he rests. "Incredible work, Torgue. Most people go their entire lives without seeing a Gorillon, and when they do, that's where their life ends. You just killed a pair..."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

That plus Embri's brings him back to full.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Hang em on the walls! Torgue sips from his waterskin.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"If Astrianna can cast that spell one more time that should make it easy to remove. And let's not smoke him out. He might have other slaves in there. Or caged creatures that will just suffocate."

Referring to Grease. Anyone still wounded? Embrianna?

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

If she can't Grease or Torgue can't move it I could cast Create Water a lot. That might make it easier.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

If we still got another round or two, Bri is healing herself next


Evil GM

You have as long as you'd like....nobody is forcing or requiring you to do anything.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen keeps alert while the party works this out, her hands on the bow.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The ground beneath the gorillon blocking the path is already greased. I don't see how greasing the body would help? It would make it hard to hold. We can just wait a minute and Torgue can move it, and aid him as well.

6,051 to 6,100 of 14,076 << first < prev | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.