2E Guild Guide?


Pathfinder Society

Liberty's Edge 1/5

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I wasn't sure if this would be better off in the Playtest forums or on the live Org Play forums, but do we have any ETA on when we should expect the Guild Guide to drop for 2E?

I know from some interviews it had been touched on as "before GenCon" but hadn't heard anything outside of that and wanted to make sure I hadn't missed it :)

Sovereign Court 4/5 ⦵⦵⦵⦵

lol

5/5 Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka Pirate Rob

I have some hope for the 17th.

Grand Lodge 5/5 Regional Venture-Coordinator, Great Lakes aka TwilightKnight

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Paizo has a special plan for releasing the Guide, but it requires some setup. The current timeline has the new 2E Guide being unveiled on the 29th.

5/5 Venture-Agent, California—San Francisco Bay Area North & East aka Pirate Rob

Thanks Bahb. <3

Liberty's Edge 1/5

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Bob Jonquet wrote:
Paizo has a special plan for releasing the Guide, but it requires some setup. The current timeline has the new 2E Guide being unveiled on the 29th.

Setup is fine, I just wasn't sure on the date other than "before GenCon". I remember of Horror Adventures dropped and was made legal same day and I started a character out of it and how that led to reactions at the table for GMs hehe

Grand Lodge 3/5

Bob Jonquet wrote:
Paizo has a special plan for releasing the Guide, but it requires some setup. The current timeline has the new 2E Guide being unveiled on the 29th.

Did that happen? If not, what is the revised time line?

Dataphiles 4/5 ⦵⦵⦵⦵

Challenges have apparently come up, so we must wait.

2/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
DougSeay wrote:
Bob Jonquet wrote:
Paizo has a special plan for releasing the Guide, but it requires some setup. The current timeline has the new 2E Guide being unveiled on the 29th.
Did that happen? If not, what is the revised time line?

The revised timeline is ASAP. They were working on some things as of last night. It sounds like it will be done before GenCon—any time between 1 second from now to late night 31st, I would guess.

Bigger question is for tech team: the ability to generate PFS2 character numbers.

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Colorado—Denver aka roll4initiative

We're hosting a special Pop Up Gen Con in Denver this weekend and will be doing PF2 & PFS2 demos & quests all day on Sunday Aug, 4th. I'm sure the Guide will be out by then. I think I heard PC numbers start at 1501. That's what I'll be telling players that are making PCs now.

3/5 ⦵⦵ Contributor

2 people marked this as a favorite.

1501 was for Playtest PCs. PFS2 PCs will start at 2001.

Dataphiles 4/5 ⦵⦵⦵⦵

@Blake's Tiger - you can create characters now, but you cannot select the faction yet. There is a [Create Pathfinder 2nd Edition Character] button at the bottom. If you click that button, then once you get to the next page navigate anywhere else (you cannot save due to lack of Factions currently, and [Cancel] deletes the character). Now you have a brand new PF2 character you cannot currently edit.

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Colorado—Denver aka roll4initiative

Kate Baker wrote:
1501 was for Playtest PCs. PFS2 PCs will start at 2001.

Thank you for letting me know!!!

2/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Yay. As long as the number assignment is there, I trust my AcP credit will (eventually) be applied.

2/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Well, that's not even happening anymore, so... bummer.

A whole GenCon's worth of IOUs for game credit is going to get onerous for whoever is supposed to enter that data.

Sovereign Court 4/5 ⦵⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Agent, Georgia—Atlanta aka The Masked Ferret

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, as long as they Player gets their ID in correctly, and they assign it to a character starting with -2001, then it should still be reportable and they should see the credit when they finally get the character entered into the Paizo website.

2/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Fingers crossed, and I intend to photograph everything, but my personal experience with not reportable character numbers at GenCon is... not that optimistic. I'm honestly more optimistic that the tech team will get it done before session one than it'll get sorted out by GenCon data entry temps.


I'm not even going to GenCon, but I'm hoping they manage to finish it out today for you guys. Fingers crossed!

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Colorado—Denver aka roll4initiative

PFS Blog usually comes out Wednesday afternoons. I hope it's in there.

Liberty's Edge 1/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Confirmed to be finished as of last night and on the final step before upload. :)

Grand Lodge 3/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NightTrace wrote:
Confirmed to be finished as of last night and on the final step before upload. :)

Where was this confirmation? Any place us unwashed masses can see? I feel like a kid at a candy store, but the store is padlocked.

Liberty's Edge 3/5 Venture-Captain, Nebraska—Omaha

3 people marked this as a favorite.
NightTrace wrote:
Confirmed to be finished as of last night and on the final step before upload. :)

This is happening way too late for those of us GMing at GenCon and already in Indy.

Poor planning.

Grand Lodge 1/5

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

There are many moving parts. Planning may have been good, but other aspects may have knocked a gear loose and caused a delay for the rest of the gears down the way. No planning can withstand contact with the enemy. And in this case, the enemy is time.

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

What Mystical Seeker said.

We'll just make our best guesses, breathe, and fix things once the Guide arrives.

Hmm

Liberty's Edge 1/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
DougSeay wrote:
NightTrace wrote:
Confirmed to be finished as of last night and on the final step before upload. :)
Where was this confirmation? Any place us unwashed masses can see? I feel like a kid at a candy store, but the store is padlocked.

ArcaneMark!

https://www.twitch.tv/arcanemark

2/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Blake's Tiger wrote:
Fingers crossed, and I intend to photograph everything, but my personal experience with not reportable character numbers at GenCon is... not that optimistic. I'm honestly more optimistic that the tech team will get it done before session one than it'll get sorted out by GenCon data entry temps.

Ayup. Look at the tech team working late. I.e. character registration is live.

Silver Crusade 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Germany—Bavaria

Yup, you can create and name characters, just the faction symbols are still a mystery.

4/5

Any word on the guide?

Grand Lodge 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Online—PbP aka Hmm

13 people marked this as a favorite.
katataban wrote:
Any word on the guide?

There's an online version of the guide available on the OPF website that you can use in the meantime.

Pathfinder 2nd Edition Roleplaying Guild Guide

4/5

wow, thanks :D

Sczarni 5/5 ⦵⦵

Starfinder Charter Superscriber

That is amazing.

The Concordance

Looking over that guide... GM's take note. Calculating the tier for the game you're running is a tad more complicated.

Sovereign Court 2/5 Venture-Agent, Alaska—Anchorage aka 1bent1

Yako Zenko wrote:
Looking over that guide... GM's take note. Calculating the tier for the game you're running is a tad more complicated.

Good call I'm making a handout so I'll have it with me just in case.

Dark Archive 5/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Yako Zenko wrote:
Looking over that guide... GM's take note. Calculating the tier for the game you're running is a tad more complicated.

Along those lines, gold is tracked as a number of treasure packets obtained out of a total of 10 possible in each scenario. GMs need to make a note of how many are obtained/missed while playing and the level of each individual character to assign gold at the end of scenario. Playing up for more gold is no longer a thing.

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Captain, California—Sacramento aka FLite

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Cross posting it here.

A handy calculator for both treasure packets and APL / Challenge Points

Liberty's Edge 3/5

okay, I have only skim read the pages buuuuut

On the chronicles it says "items sold" and that you right a value (1/2 purchase price)

Does this mean players can sell enemy gear etc? I cannot see anything written in the PF2 guild.

lets cancel this - I found it says they can "purchase or sell items between scenario's" so this is to track things like selling your chain shirt when you upgrade to fullplate etc.

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

Meadow lark wrote:

okay, I have only skim read the pages buuuuut

On the chronicles it says "items sold" and that you right a value (1/2 purchase price)

Does this mean players can sell enemy gear etc? I cannot see anything written in the PF2 guild.

lets cancel this - I found it says they can "purchase or sell items between scenario's" so this is to track things like selling your chain shirt when you upgrade to fullplate etc.

Sold gear on the chronicle sheet is your stuff that you're selling.

Sold enemy gear is how you get gold on the chronicle sheet.

2/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
BigNorseWolf wrote:
Meadow lark wrote:

okay, I have only skim read the pages buuuuut

On the chronicles it says "items sold" and that you right a value (1/2 purchase price)

Does this mean players can sell enemy gear etc? I cannot see anything written in the PF2 guild.

lets cancel this - I found it says they can "purchase or sell items between scenario's" so this is to track things like selling your chain shirt when you upgrade to fullplate etc.

Sold gear on the chronicle sheet is your stuff that you're selling.

Sold enemy gear is how you get gold on the chronicle sheet.

Well, don't confuse those who might be confused: you don't need to specifically collect every item and specifically sell it. You defeat the enemy and take the good treasure and while the found stuff dissappears at the end of the scenario, it is the basis for the gold reported on the chronicle by the GM.

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Colorado—Denver aka roll4initiative

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Has the guide been released yet?

The official pdf one, not the one on the OPF website.

Sovereign Court 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Agent, Missouri—St. Louis aka bluesman95

Christian Dragos wrote:

Has the guide been released yet?

The official pdf one, not the one on the OPF website.

I don't see it yet Im guessing sometime early next week if there's any staff to push it out in the office.

Grand Lodge 4/5 Venture-Agent, Colorado—Denver aka roll4initiative

Roy Lewis wrote:
Christian Dragos wrote:

Has the guide been released yet?

The official pdf one, not the one on the OPF website.

I don't see it yet Im guessing sometime early next week if there's any staff to push it out in the office.

Ugh. Ok, thank you. Several days ago I told a lot of people in my area that it would be released by now. Gonna be some sad players at Denver's inaugural PFS 2e games tomorrow.

Silver Crusade 5/5

Christian Dragos wrote:
Roy Lewis wrote:
Christian Dragos wrote:

Has the guide been released yet?

The official pdf one, not the one on the OPF website.

I don't see it yet Im guessing sometime early next week if there's any staff to push it out in the office.
Ugh. Ok, thank you. Several days ago I told a lot of people in my area that it would be released by now. Gonna be some sad players at Denver's inaugural PFS 2e games tomorrow.

Just go with the website. That is enough to game with.

5/5

The online one IS the official one at this point. I believe it's not being PDf'd because there will likely be additions and changes over the next few weeks.

Since I use a PDf reader for my files, I copy/pasted the text into a word document and saved it as a PDF myself.

Silver Crusade 5/5

GM Lamplighter wrote:

The online one IS the official one at this point. I believe it's not being PDf'd because there will likely be additions and changes over the next few weeks.

Since I use a PDf reader for my files, I copy/pasted the text into a word document and saved it as a PDF myself.

Would you be willing to share that pdf?

4/5

I am curious as to whether the online one is the final one as well. PF1 has in the past said no to "drow-like" elven racial traits, but if Cave Elf is legal, this is a change in that stance and I could see players taking it simply because darkvision is awfully nice to have.

Dark Archive 3/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Colorado—Denver aka masterslate

Hey all, I've compiled a guild guide that I plan on trying to keep updated.
It's pretty basic but gets the job done for now. I'll be making it better over time (hopefully) by keeping all links within the document internal links to other pages in the doc instead of links to web pages (where possible).

Check it out on PFS prep website:
http://www.pfsprep.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?3138.last

Scarab Sages 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Australia—NSW—Sydney aka sanwah68

zach armstrong wrote:

Hey all, I've compiled a guild guide that I plan on trying to keep updated.

It's pretty basic but gets the job done for now. I'll be making it better over time (hopefully) by keeping all links within the document internal links to other pages in the doc instead of links to web pages (where possible).

Check it out on PFS prep website:
http://www.pfsprep.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?3138.last

linkie

Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / 2E Guild Guide? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.