Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Hell Unleashed (PFRPG)

4.00/5 (based on 1 rating)
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Hell Unleashed (PFRPG)
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add Print Edition $22.99 $11.49

Add PDF $15.99

Non-Mint Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

From cults' secret sanctums to the fortresses of diabolical demigods in Hell itself, the machinations of devils permeate the world of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Explore the unholy minions of Hell in this fell grimoire, which features a dozen specific devils and other infernal influences ready to bring their sinister plots to any gaming table. Each heinous foe is presented with a detailed history, lair, minions, and full statistics, allowing Game Masters to use them as wicked additions to any game or as the centerpiece of intricate plots that form the very core of campaigns of intrigue and treachery. Muster all your courage and explore the pages within to find:

  • Unholy manifestations of powerful devils and deities, allowing the denizens of Hell to exert their will upon the mortal world.
  • A glimpse into the soul-markets of the infernal metropolis of Dis, including the steep prices of the unusual items peddled there.
  • Details of the Hellknights' lethal test of worthiness—one-on-one combat with a summoned devil.
  • Profane particulars on the infamous Book of the Damned, including a self-contained demiplane within the book holding all of its sinister secrets.
  • The exorcism of an innocent child, possessed by a sadistic devil and used as a puppet in an intricate infernal plot of revenge.
  • A march through the fortress of one of Hell's godlike gatekeepers—the infernal duke Furcas.

Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Hell Unleashed is intended for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder campaign setting, but can easily be used in any fantasy game setting.

Written by F. Wesley Schneider and Jerome Virnich.

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-757-4

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Non-Mint:

Unavailable

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9281


See Also:

Average product rating:

4.00/5 (based on 1 rating)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Never make a deal with the Devil

4/5

If you're like me and you adore the Lore of the Pathfinder universe, this book definitely pulls you in and provides details into several small plots that any GM with a mind for it can work into their campaign.

Such delicious tidbits include:

The Cult of Alichino in Ustalav

The Test to become a Hellknight

What happened to the Book of the Damned after it escaped from Heaven?

A Gallery of Damned souls who are all connected to various events in Golarion History, rightfully receiving the punishment they deserve, but all of which hold secrets to vast treasures any Adventuring Party would die for!

All in all, I'm quite pleased with this book, and recommend it.


1 to 50 of 189 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Webstore Gninja Minion

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Announced! Cover image and description are not final and subject to change.


Oh WOW I'm soooooo excited!!!! Gotta have this :)


Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Sounds like a must have!

Contributor

Cool! :D


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yay! cannot wait. :)

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

YES! YES!

Though I'm hoping Cheliax update/expansion will occur soonafter.


Huh. Cool. Guess this is happening instead of a Devils Revisited?

I'm guessing this Unleashed book will not feature a good-aligned ghost associated with Desna. Or maybe it will, and that ghost's plight is going to be horrible.

Also, can't help but grin at the title.

Quote:
march through the fortress of one of Hell's god-like gatekeepers

Huh. Archduke, or regular Duke?

Man, I'm hoping we'll get an Archduke.


This is really cool, of course, and I look forward to it. But does it mean we're not getting Devils Revisited?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I will be skipping this one.


Heh, meanwhile I'm so excited I wouldn't mind buying two copies. :D

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Superscriber

With a title like "Hell Unleashed", the subtitle should be "What could possibly go wrong?"

Dark Archive

As the player of a Chelaxian Diabolist, I am suffering from crippling levels of WANT right now...

Lantern Lodge RPG Superstar 2014 Top 4

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh me oh my the terrible things this doth imply!

I'm unreasonably excited for this! Now we just need a nice, new, Cheliax book.


I don't know whether to let my GM know about this book coming out or not. He already has a way of killing/nearly killing us with what's already out.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Just in time for my birthday.


I'm mildly confused as to what this will actually contain. Will it just be prestatted NPC monsters like Dragons Unleashed or something actively detailing the entire plane of Hell?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

sounds like NPCs, although maybe a bit broader and including cultist stats as well

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Alex Smith 908 wrote:
I'm mildly confused as to what this will actually contain. Will it just be prestatted NPC monsters like Dragons Unleashed or something actively detailing the entire plane of Hell?

It'll be like Dragons Unleashed or Undead Unleashed. It won't detail the entire plane of Hell.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Nice! Its nice to see the other side of evil.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

There BETTER be a new and expanded version of the Cabal Devils in this one....or I will have a full blown TANTRUM !!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Brilliant


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Will we get specific half-fiend (devil) templates for each core devil in this manual?


On my signal... unleash Hell!

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Berselius wrote:
Will we get specific half-fiend (devil) templates for each core devil in this manual?

I don't think this'll be appearing - that was the 'Revisited' line.

Wouldn't mind being wrong on this, though!


You can now (or at least in June) officially invite your players to go to hell

Paizo Employee Developer

Berselius wrote:
Will we get specific half-fiend (devil) templates for each core devil in this manual?

No, those appeared in Demons Revisited, and would likely appear in a similar Devils Revisited were we to do one. Rather than explore each type of devil in a general sense, this book will present specific members of different diabolic races (and some non-diabolic denizens of Hell as well) in the same manner we did for dragons and undead in their respective "Unleashed" titles.


Hooray!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Nice. Looking forward to this one


Quote:
No, those appeared in Demons Revisited, and would likely appear in a similar Devils Revisited were we to do one.

One can only hope this happens. :D

Editor-in-Chief

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Zhangar wrote:

Huh. Cool. Guess this is happening instead of a Devils Revisited?

I'm guessing this Unleashed book will not feature a good-aligned ghost associated with Desna. Or maybe it will, and that ghost's plight is going to be horrible.

Also, can't help but grin at the title.

Quote:
march through the fortress of one of Hell's god-like gatekeepers

Huh. Archduke, or regular Duke?

Man, I'm hoping we'll get an Archduke.

You're getting someone you've heard about from your grimoire readings. It's also probably one of the Infernal Dukes I've talked the most about—excluding Asmodeus and the Archdevils.

Editor-in-Chief

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Axial wrote:
This is really cool, of course, and I look forward to it. But does it mean we're not getting Devils Revisited?

Your speculations will certainly reveal whether you're an optimist or a pessimist.

I wouldn't presume to deny you such insights.

Editor-in-Chief

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Alex Smith 908 wrote:
I'm mildly confused as to what this will actually contain. Will it just be prestatted NPC monsters like Dragons Unleashed or something actively detailing the entire plane of Hell?

Presenting encounters similar to past unleashed projects and detailing more of Hell aren't mutually exclusive. While we're not traipsing through every layer, I expect you'll have a far better idea of how to include Hell in your game after this.

Editor-in-Chief

2 people marked this as a favorite.
nighttree wrote:
There BETTER be a new and expanded version of the Cabal Devils in this one....or I will have a full blown TANTRUM !!!

Worth noting: I think "Devils Unleashed" would be a just fine name for a product, though that book would have to focus exclusively on devils.

Editor-in-Chief

Berselius wrote:
Will we get specific half-fiend (devil) templates for each core devil in this manual?

Have we done that for any of the outsider races? I would kind of hate to lose the flexibility of the half-fiend template by saying "You're related to an X so you always have to have Y."

I think there's more magic and possibility relating to the offspring of planar beings than simple genetics.

Lantern Lodge RPG Superstar 2014 Top 4

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Will we hear any more on the legend regarding Asmodeus and Ihys?

Also will there be any mention of Kytons originally inhabiting Hell before the exodus to the plane of shadow?

Were it not evident I'm invested in metaplot!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
F. Wesley Schneider wrote:
Berselius wrote:
Will we get specific half-fiend (devil) templates for each core devil in this manual?

Have we done that for any of the outsider races? I would kind of hate to lose the flexibility of the half-fiend template by saying "You're related to an X so you always have to have Y."

I think there's more magic and possibility relating to the offspring of planar beings than simple genetics.

Yes, in Demons Revisited, half-demon templates were presented for some of the main demons, which basically acted like archetypes for the half-fiend template, granting alternate spell-like abilities and usually a few other abilities to reflect the particular demon parent; that said, it did say that it doesn't always happen, though rituals can help assure the creation of a half-demon over a half-fiend, and that it might be specific to demons because of compatibility. Not that that stopped people from wanting particular half-fiend templates for devils and other such, of course.

Editor-in-Chief

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Robert Brookes wrote:

Will we hear any more on the legend regarding Asmodeus and Ihys?

Also will there be any mention of Kytons originally inhabiting Hell before the exodus to the plane of shadow?

Were it not evident I'm invested in metaplot!

I will confirm metaplot.

Editor-in-Chief

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Luthorne wrote:
F. Wesley Schneider wrote:
Berselius wrote:
Will we get specific half-fiend (devil) templates for each core devil in this manual?

Have we done that for any of the outsider races? I would kind of hate to lose the flexibility of the half-fiend template by saying "You're related to an X so you always have to have Y."

I think there's more magic and possibility relating to the offspring of planar beings than simple genetics.

Yes, in Demons Revisited, half-demon templates were presented for some of the main demons, which basically acted like archetypes for the half-fiend template, granting alternate spell-like abilities and usually a few other abilities to reflect the particular demon parent; that said, it did say that it doesn't always happen, though rituals can help assure the creation of a half-demon over a half-fiend, and that it might be specific to demons because of compatibility. Not that that stopped people from wanting particular half-fiend templates for devils and other such, of course.

So noted! That sounds like a great fit for a "Devils Revisited" book down the road.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
F. Wesley Schneider wrote:
Luthorne wrote:
F. Wesley Schneider wrote:
Berselius wrote:
Will we get specific half-fiend (devil) templates for each core devil in this manual?

Have we done that for any of the outsider races? I would kind of hate to lose the flexibility of the half-fiend template by saying "You're related to an X so you always have to have Y."

I think there's more magic and possibility relating to the offspring of planar beings than simple genetics.

Yes, in Demons Revisited, half-demon templates were presented for some of the main demons, which basically acted like archetypes for the half-fiend template, granting alternate spell-like abilities and usually a few other abilities to reflect the particular demon parent; that said, it did say that it doesn't always happen, though rituals can help assure the creation of a half-demon over a half-fiend, and that it might be specific to demons because of compatibility. Not that that stopped people from wanting particular half-fiend templates for devils and other such, of course.
So noted! That sounds like a great fit for a "Devils Revisited" book down the road.

Fact check: there's going to be a "Devils Revisited" published by Paizo.

And it bears the question: how far down the road?

Ruyan.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

8 people marked this as a favorite.
F. Wesley Schneider wrote:
Axial wrote:
This is really cool, of course, and I look forward to it. But does it mean we're not getting Devils Revisited?

Your speculations will certainly reveal whether you're an optimist or a pessimist.

I wouldn't presume to deny you such insights.

Stealing this reply for all the questions about future products people ask me. Thanks, Wes!

Editor-in-Chief

5 people marked this as a favorite.
RuyanVe wrote:

Fact check: there's going to be a "Devils Revisited" published by Paizo.

And it bears the question: how far down the road?

Shh.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
F. Wesley Schneider wrote:
RuyanVe wrote:

Fact check: there's going to be a "Devils Revisited" published by Paizo.

And it bears the question: how far down the road?
Shh.

[Eric Cartman]Boo Wesley Schneider Boo [/Eric Cartman]

Devils are lawful and thus boring. Demons are much more chaotic and thus fun, but also evil and less fun. There should totally be a book of nothing but lovely/joyous/wonderful/transmute your thoughts to reality because reality on the Material plane is too boring and static otherwise/eatyoualiveChaos! :D

This is totally not a subtle attempt to seed ideas into you and James's minds for the future!

And I am totally not someone's Alt.


Quote:
Devils are lawful and thus boring.

Yeah, gotta disagree with ya. Devils are the perfect enemies for adventure paths. Their patient, calculating, and devious foes who try and subvert and pervert good by working within the laws of the multiverse to ultimately warp existence to the grand plan of their ultimate overlord.

Quote:
Demons are much more chaotic and thus fun, but also evil and less fun.

If anything, Devils are far more DANGEROUS than Demons. A demon is just a rampaging engine of destruction. A devil will turn allies into enemies, friends into foes, and corrupt everything around you, all with the intention of bring you and your party of adventurers to their KNEES so you'll pledge your minds, bodies, and souls to Hell.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Demons can be equally as deceptive, manipulative and corruptive. The fact that poor little mortals think demons are purely RAWR SMASH is one of the greatest victories of demonic psych warfare. Also, infinite resources of the Abyss compared to that tiny Hell.


Gorbacz wrote:
Demons can be equally as deceptive, manipulative and corruptive.

Indeed. While it's true that demons are all about destruction, their drive to destroy isn't limited to SMASH! Physical destruction is only part of what makes demons tick. Everything that can be destroyed must be destroyed, whether it be physical, emotional, societal, or something else entirely, and a demon's approach to this destruction can take many different forms. Manipulation, temptation, infiltration, seduction, physical violence. Whatever makes sense for the demon in any given case, and what's most fun for the demon.

Lantern Lodge RPG Superstar 2014 Top 4

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Preordering for metaplot! :D


Will there be any higher level devils in the book? We have a fair number of demon lords, so a little parity wouldn't hurt.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

As someone running Council of Thieves... moar devil content pls. <3


Any chance of Alichino the Jester Prince?

1 to 50 of 189 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Hell Unleashed (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.