PFS 4-16 - Dacilane Academys First Great Prank War (Inactive)

Game Master Zynete


201 to 250 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Prank War Map

As the party heads to teacher, they react with some shock as they swing a broom to block before calming down upon seeing you. "Pathfinders! Thank goodness. I was looking anyone that might have gotten locked away in any of the rooms. There is a bit of a path cut through here, but no one here now." They gesture to a trio of young, nearby students as they ask, "would you mind helping get us back to the lunchroom? Jay is set up a line of defense there against the pranks."

Horizon Hunters

"Feel my fierce Lion’s Bite!" | 820-2009 | Male NG Wishborn Poppet Thaumaturge 4 | Portrait | HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +8 W +8 (+1 vs death effects, disease, fear, poison, drained, paralyzed, sickened; emotion & fear success become crit success) | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | 2/2 Hero Points | 1/1 Campaign Coin | Active Conditions: 10ft. Aura +1 to Fear Saves, Darkvision, Resistance to Cold & Mental 1, Fire Weakness 1, ---

"We'll escort you back!" Jinglemane offers quickly. "Also, what's for lunch? Anything good? My favorite lunch is cupcakes! What's yours?"

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Kit raises an eyebrow at mention of a line of defense against pranks. It has gotten that bad?!?

She nods her agreement with Jinglemane. She then looks at the students and asks “Are you ready?

Vigilant Seal

Male half-orc liberator 3 | hp 44/44, focus points 1/1, hero points 1/3 | AC 21 (23 w/ shield); shield hardness 5 hp 20/20 (BT 10) | F+8, R+6, W+7 | Speed 20 (25 w/o armor) | Perc. +5, low-light vision | Reactions: liberating step (5 resistance), shield block | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

"Sure!" With a grin, Doven raises his shield and makes ready to be the tip of the wedge barreling through any resistance.


Prank War Map

One of the students happily mentions, "I think they are making Teacher Grenda was making pies!"

The teacher is glad for the assistance and it thankfully is a safe and short journey through the fey filled halls.

Within the lunchroom, tables have been moved to form a fort of sorts and Jay calls out orders to the students recalling to his days as an Eagle Knight. He gives a smiles as he sees you enter with the students. He quickly gives them directions to go to the back and help. There are lines of pies and the house spirits move about the room as they weave magic throughout the food stuff.

Turning to you Jay gives a smile as he says, "thank you for your help as well as your suggestions. I've spoken to the house spirits more and they thought more about your suggestions. They are willing to aid us with letting them live at the school."

"With those returned, all are accounted for aside Headmaster Rosedell. Wit the students well I think though we might be able to help resolve that and retake the school with an appropriate counter offensive of sorts. Appropriate for Prank War at least." He gestures to the lines of pies. "It was amusing and more enjoyable without an incessant barrage."

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Any idea where the Headmaster might be? Should we go looking for them?


Prank War Map

"She should be still on campus, but I think she was hiding away from the prank war even when it was just the children involved. With the chaos in the halls, it is even harder to search."

"With the newly armed students,"[b] J states as the body arms itself with pies, [b]"we should be able to make some headway. Keep alert. If anyone spots the headmaster, we will let you know so you can get to them."

With a plan in place J leads the students in the hallway in a counter-offensive. The students throw regenerating pies as the fey fall back. Some with confused laughter as they get pelted with pastries.

Once they push back to the annex hallway, J calls out to the group. "There was a giant opossum that just walked into the laboratory. Could you investigate while I keep minding the students?"

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female human (skilled) druid 3 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 | F +9 R +6 W +11 | Perc +11 | Stealth +1 | Speed:25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Aella narrows her eyes. "If anyone cast another spell on an opossum, they're getting a piece of my mind!"

Aella marches over to the laboratory. Bat-tilda follows behind with a mouth full of whipped cream.

Vigilant Seal

Male half-orc liberator 3 | hp 44/44, focus points 1/1, hero points 1/3 | AC 21 (23 w/ shield); shield hardness 5 hp 20/20 (BT 10) | F+8, R+6, W+7 | Speed 20 (25 w/o armor) | Perc. +5, low-light vision | Reactions: liberating step (5 resistance), shield block | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

"Hey, at least it might not be so scared if it's huge!" chuckles Doven, following Aella.


Prank War Map

Thankfully the laboratory and the significant amount of alchemical equipment seems to have gone untouched by the Prank War.

However it isn't without any threats. There are a pair of opossums that have grown to incredible sizes. They currently whip around the room, furious and exhausted. They batter a workbench cabinet near the eastern windows.

From within the cabinet a woman's voice calls out for help. The opossums turn their aggression toward the party as they notice you at the door.

Initiative:

Kit's Initiative Using Detect Magic: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Jinglemane's Initiative Using Your Exploration here: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Doven's Initiative Using Defend: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Aella's Initiative Using Search: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Shayna Quickfingers's Initiative Using Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Opossums: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Round 1
Jinglemane
Shayna
Kit
Doven
Aella
Opossums

The opossums, despite their giant size and fierce demeanor, are tired and slow to react to the party. However most of the party notices something that lingers outside the western window. A clawed hand scratches against the window before vanishing behind the wall just out of site.

Everyone can act.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Human | Merchant | Bard Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 3/3 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 | F/R/W 9/11/9 | Perc +9 | Spell Attack: +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 20 | ◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Performance(E): +12, Deception/Diplomacy: +10, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +9, Intimidation(U)/PFS Lore(E): +8, Lore (Mercantile)/Occultism/Athletics: +6, Medicine/Religion/Nature/Survival: +5, Arcana/Crafting/Society: +4 |

At once Shayna raises her flute and plays a lively melody, giving her companions courage in battle.

Performance(E), Virtuosic w/ Wind Instruments: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Should be enough for 3 rds

Unsure of how to deal with the threat, she sends some aid to her companions instead.

◇ Lingering Composition
◆ Courageous Anthem
◆ Guidance @ Jinglemane
◆ Guidance @ Kit

I'm not sure if I can cast Sound Burst non-lethally :)

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Seeing the situation, Kit asks the group “Does anyone else have a weapon that doesn’t kill?

Kit uses her Magic Weapon spell on the first person who says they would use it. If no one volunteers, she will use it on her own whip.

Then she will try to figure out something about the current situation.
Two actions, cast Magic Weapon
One action, RK on the magic the opossums are under. Might as well use the Guidance for this.


Prank War Map

You are unable to sound burst non-lethally unfortunately without another ability letting you do so.

GM Screen:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

Kit studies the creatures and is able to discern that both of them are normal opossums that have been exposed to magic that has enlarged them to these massive sizes. The effect isn't permanent, but would likely last several minutes.

Courageous Anthem: +1 to attack and damage.
Round 1
Jinglemane
Shayna
Kit
Doven
Aella
Opossums

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

The good news is these animals will return to normal size soon. The bad news is it likely will not be soon enough for our purposes.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Human | Merchant | Bard Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 3/3 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 | F/R/W 9/11/9 | Perc +9 | Spell Attack: +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 20 | ◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Performance(E): +12, Deception/Diplomacy: +10, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +9, Intimidation(U)/PFS Lore(E): +8, Lore (Mercantile)/Occultism/Athletics: +6, Medicine/Religion/Nature/Survival: +5, Arcana/Crafting/Society: +4 |

Well, for a lack of other options, I could throw a sound burst in and have one of you stabilize the 'possums if its hp drops to 0

Verdant Wheel

Female human (skilled) druid 3 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 | F +9 R +6 W +11 | Perc +11 | Stealth +1 | Speed:25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Aella moves into the room. "Poor little guys. Not hteir fault. Too many people messing around in here. We can't let them hurt that person though. She might not have been the one who messed with them."

Aella waves her staff around, trying to scare the closest opossum. "Argle-bargle-bragh! Blah, blah!"

Fear spell on Red, DC 19 Will save

Horizon Hunters

"Feel my fierce Lion’s Bite!" | 820-2009 | Male NG Wishborn Poppet Thaumaturge 4 | Portrait | HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +8 W +8 (+1 vs death effects, disease, fear, poison, drained, paralyzed, sickened; emotion & fear success become crit success) | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | 2/2 Hero Points | 1/1 Campaign Coin | Active Conditions: 10ft. Aura +1 to Fear Saves, Darkvision, Resistance to Cold & Mental 1, Fire Weakness 1, ---

Jinglemane charges forward at the enlarged opossums. He charges at Red, who is hopefully now frightened, and hits the opossum on the nose with the flat of Lion's Bite!

"SHOOO, or I'll BITE you!"

◈ Stride!
Exploit Vulnerability (Esoteric Lore): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Striking Lion’s Bite (Non-lethal, Empowered Leiomano, Personal Antithesis, I.C.): 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 24
Bludgeoning / Slashing) damage: 2d6 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 3 + 4 + 4 + 1 = 17
Fatal: 1d10 ⇒ 5


Prank War Map

Will Save vs Fear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

The opossum freezes in place in response to Aella's magic. That moment is pause is just enough for Jinglemane to critically bonk the creature's nose and knocking it out completely.

Jinglemane's knowledge was able to find that these opossum's have no weakness, but are naturally resistant to poison and disease.

Courageous Anthem: +1 to attack and damage.
Round 1
Jinglemane
Shayna
Kit
Doven
Aella
Opossums
. Red (frightened 2; 39 damage) (knocked out)
. Blue

Vigilant Seal

Male half-orc liberator 3 | hp 44/44, focus points 1/1, hero points 1/3 | AC 21 (23 w/ shield); shield hardness 5 hp 20/20 (BT 10) | F+8, R+6, W+7 | Speed 20 (25 w/o armor) | Perc. +5, low-light vision | Reactions: liberating step (5 resistance), shield block | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

Following Jinglemane's lead, Doven charges into the room and tries to bop the other one right in it's nose as well.

◆Stride, ◆Stride, ◆Strike.

Fist, courageous anthem: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22
Nonlethal Bludgeoning damage, CA: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

↺Liberating Step

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

With no one needing a weapon enchanted, Kit uses the spell on her whip.


Prank War Map

Furious from being struck, the other gigantic opossum rears back and gnashes it's teeth at Doven

Bite vs Doven: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Piercing Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Bite vs Doven: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 5 = 5
Piercing Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Claw vs Doven: 1d20 + 8 - 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 8 = 20 Natural 20 upgrade to normal hit.
Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The teeth fail to connect, but a lucky swipe of the claw manages to do more than any of the creature's teeth have managed against Doven's armor.

As the party readies themselves to incapacitate the other opossum, Jinglemane and Shayna notice a malevolent entity at the window. It looks like a spectral creature at first glance, but you recognize it as the scarecrow the students had made of Student #19. It is fully animate though and the teeth move and draw open as it smashes the window open.

Courageous Anthem: +1 to attack and damage.
Round 2
Jinglemane
Shayna
Student #19
Kit
Doven (6 damage)
Aella
Opossums
. Blue (9 damage)

Jinglemane and Shayna can act.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Human | Merchant | Bard Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 3/3 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 | F/R/W 9/11/9 | Perc +9 | Spell Attack: +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 20 | ◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Performance(E): +12, Deception/Diplomacy: +10, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +9, Intimidation(U)/PFS Lore(E): +8, Lore (Mercantile)/Occultism/Athletics: +6, Medicine/Religion/Nature/Survival: +5, Arcana/Crafting/Society: +4 |

Shayna runs in and hurls a beaker of something at the possum, aiming for a place that won't kill it.

TKP, CA, NL: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Telekinetic Projectile Damage, CA: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

I think my mod is correct. +1 for the CA, -2 for the NL for a net -1

◆ Stride
◆◆ TKP (non-lethal)


Prank War Map

The beaker flies at the opossum and causes it to slump over unconscious. With it down, the only threat left is Student #19 as it is pulling itself through the shattered window.

Information for Jinglemane Exploit Vulnerability on Student #19

Exploit Vulnerability DC 19:

From the construction of this animate construct, you know it has a weakness to fire 5.

If Critical Success

Spoiler:
Animated but without a mind or flesh, this has a wide array of immunities including: bleed, death effects, disease, doomed,
drained, fatigued, healing, mental, necromancy, nonlethal
attacks, paralyzed, poison, sickened, unconscious.

It is also resistant to physical attacks, except slashing, for 5.

Courageous Anthem: +1 to attack and damage.
Round 2
Jinglemane
Shayna
Student #19
Kit
Doven (6 damage)
Aella
Opossums
. Blue (18 damage) (Knocked out)

Jinglemane and act.

Horizon Hunters

"Feel my fierce Lion’s Bite!" | 820-2009 | Male NG Wishborn Poppet Thaumaturge 4 | Portrait | HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +8 W +8 (+1 vs death effects, disease, fear, poison, drained, paralyzed, sickened; emotion & fear success become crit success) | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | 2/2 Hero Points | 1/1 Campaign Coin | Active Conditions: 10ft. Aura +1 to Fear Saves, Darkvision, Resistance to Cold & Mental 1, Fire Weakness 1, ---

Jinglemane moves towards Student 19., looks for a weakness and then summons fire from his weapon to trigger Student 19's weakness. "Hit her with fire!"

◈ Stride!
Exploit Vulnerability (Esoteric Lore): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Striking Lion’s Bite (Non-lethal, Empowered Leiomano, Mortal Weakness, I.C.): 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 22
Bludgeoning / Slashing) damage: 2d6 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 15


Prank War Map

Jinglemane can tell tell by the appearance of this creature that it doesn't live. Let me know if you intended the attack to be lethal, or would have with that in mind, and I'll adjust the tracker to account for that.

Jinglemane Will save vs Fear: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25 Success becomes critical success per Jinglemane's abilities
Jinglemane is not affected by the glare and is now immune.

As Jinglemane approaches the student project, there is a unnerving glow coming from within the construct's eyes that stare unerringly through Jinglemane. That fear does not affect Jinglemane though.

Even with that, Jinglemane's attack is able to connect by a small margin. However the softened blow is dulled against the straw within the student's body. The non-lethal blow has no effect on the creature. It doesn't even revel avoiding damage as it sweeps with a claw at Jinglemane.

Claw vs Jinglemane: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Slashing: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 3) + 9 = 14

The attack swings forward and just barely misses as it the cutting blow resonates with the planted fear within Jinglemane. Failing to push past Jinglemane, the construct smashes open the other window with single minded focus and crawls through. Covered in glass, the creation approaches Doven as its gaze covers the room.

Everyone who starts within 40 feet of the Student #19 construct or comes in that area, and can see the gaze, will need to make a DC 20 Will save (reminder that courageous anthem will give a +1 status bonus on the save) with the following effects:
Critical Success: You are unaffected and immune for the encounter.
Success: You are frightened 1.
Failure: You are frightened 2 and fascinated by Student #19 until the end of your turn.
Critical Failure: You are frightened 3 and fascinated by Student #19 until the end of your turn.
In addition, if you end your turn within this area, your frightened condition cannot go below 1.

Courageous Anthem: +1 to attack and damage.
Round 2
Kit
Doven (6 damage)
Aella
Round 3
Jinglemane (immune to Student #19 fear)
Shayna
Student #19

Everyone can act.

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Kit looks at ther whip and then the opossums and says “Well, that was a waste.

She moves into the room and feels fear from approaching the construct.
Kit's Will (E), CA: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 1 = 25

She decides to zap it.
Electric Arc, electric damage, basic DC 19 reflex(adjusted for frightened): 3d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) = 7

Horizon Hunters

"Feel my fierce Lion’s Bite!" | 820-2009 | Male NG Wishborn Poppet Thaumaturge 4 | Portrait | HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +8 W +8 (+1 vs death effects, disease, fear, poison, drained, paralyzed, sickened; emotion & fear success become crit success) | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | 2/2 Hero Points | 1/1 Campaign Coin | Active Conditions: 10ft. Aura +1 to Fear Saves, Darkvision, Resistance to Cold & Mental 1, Fire Weakness 1, ---

Yes, make my prior attack lethal, please!

Jinglemane shines his mirror, and sends a copy of himself on to the desk to flank with Doven. "Don't be frightened of her, because I'm here to protect you! Hit her with fire!"

◈ Mirror

Striking Lion’s Bite (Empowered Leiomano, Mortal Weakness, CA): 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 29
Bludgeoning / Slashing) damage that triggers Highest Weakness: 2d6 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 12

If that was a Crit, the initial damage to double becomes: 2d8 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7, 2) + 3 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 18
Fatal: 1d10 ⇒ 2

Striking Lion’s Bite (Empowered Leiomano, Mortal Weakness, CA): 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 + 1 - 5 = 12
Bludgeoning / Slashing) damage that triggers Highest Weakness: 2d6 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 3 + 4 + 1 = 15

Jinglemane's second bite goes astray as he is so excited that the first one hit.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Human | Merchant | Bard Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 3/3 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 | F/R/W 9/11/9 | Perc +9 | Spell Attack: +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 20 | ◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Performance(E): +12, Deception/Diplomacy: +10, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +9, Intimidation(U)/PFS Lore(E): +8, Lore (Mercantile)/Occultism/Athletics: +6, Medicine/Religion/Nature/Survival: +5, Arcana/Crafting/Society: +4 |

Will: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15
Will, HP: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12

Shayna catches the gaze full force. She immediately collapses to the floor, curls into a fetal position and begins shaking.

Verdant Wheel

Female human (skilled) druid 3 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 | F +9 R +6 W +11 | Perc +11 | Stealth +1 | Speed:25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Aella Will: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 = 16

"You are quite a creature, aren't you? It's hard to look at anything else..."

Aella gets a little closer and tries to figure out what this terrifying thing is.

Aella would like to Recall Knowledge with whatever is appropriate from her skills. She also has Dubious Knowledge.


Prank War Map

For Shayna I do want confirm, fascinated in this case doesn't mean unable to act, but that anything you do that requires concentration must include the thing you are fascinated by.

Reflex vs Electric Arc: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

The replicate of Student #19 moves quickly as the electric power arcs and is able to keep just out and dodge the blast of lightning.

Aella uses Crafting to Identify
Aella is able to identify this creation as a ghostly scarecrow, a mindless construct that follows the most basic of instructions to drive fear in the the minds of others and use that fear to drag out even more pain with every swipe of the claws.

Does Aella have an action left?

Courageous Anthem: +1 to attack and damage.
Round 2
Kit (frightened 1)
Doven (6 damage; Will Save vs Fear)
Aella (frightened 2, fascinated)
Round 3
Jinglemane (immune to Student #19 fear)
Shayna (frightened 2, fascinated)
Ghostly Scarecrow of Student #19 (37 damage)

Vigilant Seal

Male half-orc liberator 3 | hp 44/44, focus points 1/1, hero points 1/3 | AC 21 (23 w/ shield); shield hardness 5 hp 20/20 (BT 10) | F+8, R+6, W+7 | Speed 20 (25 w/o armor) | Perc. +5, low-light vision | Reactions: liberating step (5 resistance), shield block | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

Will vs. fear, courageous anthem: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11

Doven raises his shield, quickly pulls his flail off his back. He focuses on the ringing courageous anthem to fight his way through the fear gripping him, then sweeps his flail at the bottom of the scarecrow, hoping to knock it over.

◆Raise Shield, ◆Interact to draw flail, ◆Trip (Assurance 17)

Athletics to Trip (assurance): 17 = 17

↺Liberating Step or ↺Shield Block, whichever is triggered first.

Radiant Oath

CG Female Human | Merchant | Bard Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 3/3 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 | F/R/W 9/11/9 | Perc +9 | Spell Attack: +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 20 | ◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Performance(E): +12, Deception/Diplomacy: +10, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +9, Intimidation(U)/PFS Lore(E): +8, Lore (Mercantile)/Occultism/Athletics: +6, Medicine/Religion/Nature/Survival: +5, Arcana/Crafting/Society: +4 |

Shayna forces herself to focus and attempts to shoot the apparition with lightning.

Electric Arc, DC 20 Reflex: 3d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) = 7

Should the DC be 18 due to frightened? Do I need to make a flat check as well?

Forgot to mention that Shayna has Wayfinder Resource Tinkerer feat from her Pathfinder Agent Dedication.


Prank War Map

Shayna, correct. Your DC is 18 because of the frightened condition. You don't need a flat check to perform the actions though.

The scarecrow is just sturdy enough to hold up and remaining standing against Doven's sweeping flail.

Scarecrow Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

It's secure placement on the ground works against it as Shayna's electric arc connects straight into it.

Scarecrow vs Doven: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 Critical hit vs frightened 1 shielded AC
Bludgeoning Damage plus mental: 2d6 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 9 + (5) = 24 48 damage

Taking that bit of fear the construct has placed, it deals out a critical hit that is just able to bring down Doven even with his shield.

Scarecrow vs Jinglemane: 1d20 + 15 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 5 = 29
Slashing Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 5) + 9 = 18

Scarecrow vs Jinglemane: 1d20 + 15 - 10 ⇒ (18) + 15 - 10 = 23
Bludgeoning Damage plus mental: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 1) + 9 = 13

With one fallen, the rips and tears in the scarecrow's body are made obvious as it turns around toward Jinglemane. Bits of the stuffing pour out as it is just short of dealing out another devastating blow. Even still the strikes deal a significant amount of damage to Jinglemane.

I believe Courageous Anthem just expired.

Everyone needs to make another Will saving throw (DC 20) against the fear with same results as before.

Round 4
Kit (frightened 1)
Aella (frightened 1)
Round 5
Jinglemane (31 damage, immune to Student #19 fear)
Shayna (frightened 1)
Doven (54 damage; frightened 1, dying 2)
Ghostly Scarecrow of Student #19 (51 damage)

Doven is downed. Everyone can act.

Verdant Wheel

Female human (skilled) druid 3 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 | F +9 R +6 W +11 | Perc +11 | Stealth +1 | Speed:25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Will: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 1 = 23

Aella shakes her head, as if waking up.

"Doven! Doven! We need you!"

Aella steps over to Doven and grasps his shoulder.

2nd level heal: 2d8 + 16 ⇒ (3, 4) + 16 = 23

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Kit has had enough of this scarecrow! She steels her resolve.
Kit's Will (E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 Hero Point
Kit's Will (E), vestments: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 1 = 33
Does this allow her to get rid of the Frightened condition?

She moves over near Doven and then uses her healing powers on Jinglemane.
Heal, ◆◆, range 30’: 2d10 + 16 ⇒ (6, 2) + 16 = 24

Horizon Hunters

"Feel my fierce Lion’s Bite!" | 820-2009 | Male NG Wishborn Poppet Thaumaturge 4 | Portrait | HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +8 W +8 (+1 vs death effects, disease, fear, poison, drained, paralyzed, sickened; emotion & fear success become crit success) | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | 2/2 Hero Points | 1/1 Campaign Coin | Active Conditions: 10ft. Aura +1 to Fear Saves, Darkvision, Resistance to Cold & Mental 1, Fire Weakness 1, ---

Doven is within my will save, so should have the advantage of my Aura vs Fear (+1!) because I am a Marshal.

"Thank you, Aella and Kit!" Jinglemane says as Doven recovers and Jinglemane feels his stitching coming back together.

As Doven comes back up, Jinglemane flanks with him to slash at the scarecrow with FIRE! "Stop SCARING MY FRIENDS! I'm going to BITE YOU with FIRE!"

Striking Lion’s Bite (Empowered Leiomano, Mortal Weakness, M.W): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 = 24
Slashing damage that triggers Highest Weakness: 2d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 + 4 = 13

Striking Lion’s Bite (Empowered Leiomano, Mortal Weakness, M.W): 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 - 5 = 13
Slashing damage that triggers Highest Weakness: 2d6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 3 + 4 = 17

Hero Point on that second attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 - 5 = 21

Then Jinglemane calls,
"Scarecrow, scarecrow you might frighten birds
But we're here with FIRE and we're undeterred!"

◈ BON MOT

Diplomacy E: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Shayna, I'm hoping that I lowered its will save for you!


Prank War Map

Kit removes the frightened condition at end of turn because of critical success.

Kit is able to move into position, but as she push past the unconscious opossum it bites at her leg as it seems to have been feigning death!

Opossum Will vs Fear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Opossum Jaws vs Kit, Frightened 1, Prone: 1d20 + 8 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 1 - 2 = 17 Hits off-guard, frightened AC.
Piercing: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Reduced to 0 by liberating step.

With Doven just healed before this, he is able to offer a liberating step to allow Kit to avoid most of the blow.

Jinglemane is able to focus on the scarecrow and it maintains a fearsome grin even as Jinglemane tears it apart. The illusions fade away as the cloth, straw, and sticks fall to the laboratory floor.

No more saving throws vs the fear are necessary and frightened can again go away at end of turn.

The opossum, still frightened by the scarecrow and furious with the party, flips itself up and, after making chase, snaps at Kit.

Opossum Jaws vs Kit, Frightened 1: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 1 = 8
Piercing: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Round 4
Kit
Aella (frightened 1)
Round 5
Jinglemane (7 damage)
Opossums
. Blue (18 damage)
Shayna (frightened 1)
Doven (21 damage; frightened 1, wounded 1, prone)
Ghostly Scarecrow of Student #19 (91 damage, destroyed)
17

Doven and Shayna can act.

Vigilant Seal

Male half-orc liberator 3 | hp 44/44, focus points 1/1, hero points 1/3 | AC 21 (23 w/ shield); shield hardness 5 hp 20/20 (BT 10) | F+8, R+6, W+7 | Speed 20 (25 w/o armor) | Perc. +5, low-light vision | Reactions: liberating step (5 resistance), shield block | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

Doven, snapping to as he hears his friend call for him, stands, leaving his flail where it fell. Tired, in pain, and suddenly very ready to be done with all of this, he roars as he tries to punch the opposum right in the nose again.

Punch, frightened 1: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 1 = 21
Nonlethal bludgeoning: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Radiant Oath

CG Female Human | Merchant | Bard Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 3/3 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 | F/R/W 9/11/9 | Perc +9 | Spell Attack: +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 20 | ◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Performance(E): +12, Deception/Diplomacy: +10, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +9, Intimidation(U)/PFS Lore(E): +8, Lore (Mercantile)/Occultism/Athletics: +6, Medicine/Religion/Nature/Survival: +5, Arcana/Crafting/Society: +4 |

Shayna raises her flute once more and plays a lively melody. Seeing Doven fall (and get back up), she concentrates briefly and sends some much needed healing at him.

Soothe: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
+2 vs mental for 1 minute as well

◆ CA
◆◆ Soothe @ Doven

The possum woke up? Didn't Shayna bonk it unconscious earlier?

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

It was feigning death. Don’t worry, Kit will whip it into shape!

As the opossum bites at her, Kit gives a startled gasp. Then she smiles and says “Tricky animal! I will keep that in mind!

Used free step from Liberating Step to get out of the opossum’s square.
Is there a way to determine if the other opossum is also faking it?


Prank War Map

Shayna, Kit's not is accurate. It appeared to be knocked out, but seems to have been feigning death after taking that last blow from Shayna.

You can spend an action to Seek (Perception) or Recall Knowledge (Medicine) to determine if the other opossum is faking as well.

Seek or Recall Knowledge, Perception or Medicine DC 16:
The other opossum is completely knocked out.

The opossum staggers as Doven hits. It can barely remain standing!

From inside the cabinet the woman's voice calls out, "Hello? Help! Don't let the opossums get me!"

Round 5
Shayna (frightened 1)
Doven (13 damage; wounded 1)
Kit
Aella (frightened 1)
Round 6
Jinglemane (7 damage)
Opossums
. Blue (23 damage)

Kit, Aella, and and Jinglemane can act!

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Kit calls out “Give us just a little more time, we are taking care of the opossums now.

Having said that, Kit uses her whip on the opossum that bit her.
Whip, Magic Weapon, CA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 21 Disarm, Finesse, Nonlethal, Reach, Trip
Nonlethal Slashing damage, magic Weapon, CA: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 1 = 4

Bad critter! No more biting!

She quickly checks if the other one is faking it as well and brings up her magical shield.
Medicine: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 E

Strike, skill check, cast Shield

Looking at the other one, Kit says “It doesn’t look like the other one is faking it.

Verdant Wheel

Female human (skilled) druid 3 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 | F +9 R +6 W +11 | Perc +11 | Stealth +1 | Speed:25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Bat-tilda, get in here, help me with this angry opossum."

Bat-tilda flies in, still licking whipped cream of her lips, to the far side of the opossum.

Aella steps in across from her and tries to bop it with her staff.

Staff, nonlethal, vs off guard: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 2 = 17
ouch!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Radiant Oath

CG Female Human | Merchant | Bard Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 3/3 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 | F/R/W 9/11/9 | Perc +9 | Spell Attack: +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 20 | ◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Performance(E): +12, Deception/Diplomacy: +10, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +9, Intimidation(U)/PFS Lore(E): +8, Lore (Mercantile)/Occultism/Athletics: +6, Medicine/Religion/Nature/Survival: +5, Arcana/Crafting/Society: +4 |

In case Blue is still awake:

Shayna again renews her party's courage and attempts to bonk Blue with another Beaker.

Telekinetic Projectile, CA, Frightened, NL: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 = 26
Bludgeoning, CA, Crit?: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 Doubled if crit
Net bonus of -2 for TKP; CA and Frightened 1 cancel each other, -2 for NL

It could be part of the prank war, but she thinks she hears the beaker screaming "Meeeeep!" as it goes flying.

◆ CA
◆◆ TKP vs Blue


Prank War Map

A lash of the whip seems to bring the creature down again. A few more long moments and inspections make it seem as both of the opossums are down for the count.

The voice from the cabinet says, "is it safe out there? Are they gone?"

Vigilant Seal

Male half-orc liberator 3 | hp 44/44, focus points 1/1, hero points 1/3 | AC 21 (23 w/ shield); shield hardness 5 hp 20/20 (BT 10) | F+8, R+6, W+7 | Speed 20 (25 w/o armor) | Perc. +5, low-light vision | Reactions: liberating step (5 resistance), shield block | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

Kit stretches sore muscles and says "Yeah, you can comeon out."


Prank War Map

After a bit of jostling from the door, the headmaster pops out of the cabinet. She looks disheveled as even her halfling stature didn't suffer well in the confines of the laboratory desk. "Thank goodness you came! This entire day was a bit of a shock. I thought I would need to just defend myself against the unruly students, but then those giant creatures chased me through the halls!"

She is entirely fine thankfully, and the opossums soon shrink to their typical size. The chimes signal the end of the hour and the event. Outside in the halls there is the sounds of laughter as fey and the students congregate together.

J looks at the group and stands on top a chair to get everyone's attention. He calls out to everyone, fey and student alike, "thank you for celebrating this event. I would ask that all cross the street to the assembly hall so that winners may be properly announced."

The students cheer as teachers attempt to start wrangling the groups over.

Talking to your group J says, "I'll leave it to you all to decide the winner. However you have already make sure this unexpected event was handled with grace. Take a some time to get cleaned up, it will certain take a bit to get everyone over."

You have 10 minutes to recover as the assembly is gathered.

Verdant Wheel

Female human (skilled) druid 3 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 | F +9 R +6 W +11 | Perc +11 | Stealth +1 | Speed:25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Aella gives the opossums some treats and leads them outside, continuing to mutter about irresponsible treatment of animals.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male half-orc liberator 3 | hp 44/44, focus points 1/1, hero points 1/3 | AC 21 (23 w/ shield); shield hardness 5 hp 20/20 (BT 10) | F+8, R+6, W+7 | Speed 20 (25 w/o armor) | Perc. +5, low-light vision | Reactions: liberating step (5 resistance), shield block | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

"Hey Aella!" Doven calls out after her with a grin. "See if any of them want to be your familiar!"

Radiant Oath

CG Female Human | Merchant | Bard Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 3/3 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 | F/R/W 9/11/9 | Perc +9 | Spell Attack: +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 20 | ◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Performance(E): +12, Deception/Diplomacy: +10, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +9, Intimidation(U)/PFS Lore(E): +8, Lore (Mercantile)/Occultism/Athletics: +6, Medicine/Religion/Nature/Survival: +5, Arcana/Crafting/Society: +4 |

Shayna takes the time to sign autographs and give interviews to the students.

She refocuses :)

1 to 50 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS 4-16 - Dacilane Academys First Great Prank War All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.