PFS 4-16 - Dacilane Academys First Great Prank War (Inactive)

Game Master Zynete


1 to 50 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Prank War Map

This morning you have been sent by the Pathfinder Society to provide aid at Dacilane Academy. Your team was provided the full letter with the request, but it provides scant information.

"Pathfinder team requested for mentorship opportunity at Dacilane Academy tomorrow, 9 bels. Sense of humor suggested. -J Dacilane"

Given a close relationship between the Dacilane Academy and the Pathfinder Society, your team was chosen to respond on this sunny day.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Feel my fierce Lion’s Bite!" | 820-2009 | Male NG Wishborn Poppet Thaumaturge 4 | Portrait | HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +8 W +8 (+1 vs death effects, disease, fear, poison, drained, paralyzed, sickened; emotion & fear success become crit success) | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | 2/2 Hero Points | 1/1 Campaign Coin | Active Conditions: 10ft. Aura +1 to Fear Saves, Darkvision, Resistance to Cold & Mental 1, Fire Weakness 1, ---

Jinglemane, a purple lion-centaur poppet, rushes the letter back to Kit, and bounces back and forth excitedly. "Kit, Kit! We got a letter!"

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

A letter from home, or someplace else?” the young woman asks, holding out her hand to take the letter.

Reading it, she says “Oh! Remember that field trip we took with the children? It sounds like we have get to meet with them again.” She then reads the short message off to Jinglemane.

Qitarah is a skinny young woman just growing into adulthood. She has a tawny complexion, brilliant blue eyes, and dark wind-blown hair. She is about 5’4” tall and is usually dressed in light, colorful clothing.

We will want to get plenty of rest tonight in order to be able to keep up with the kids tomorrow!

Horizon Hunters

"Feel my fierce Lion’s Bite!" | 820-2009 | Male NG Wishborn Poppet Thaumaturge 4 | Portrait | HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +8 W +8 (+1 vs death effects, disease, fear, poison, drained, paralyzed, sickened; emotion & fear success become crit success) | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | 2/2 Hero Points | 1/1 Campaign Coin | Active Conditions: 10ft. Aura +1 to Fear Saves, Darkvision, Resistance to Cold & Mental 1, Fire Weakness 1, ---

"Ooooh! I wonder what bedtime stories they would like? And what treats to give them before bedtime? And what cool tricks we can teach them?" Jinglemane bounces on the bed, and then runs around the room several times. "I can't wait to see them all again!"


Prank War Map

You all arrive in front of newly constructed auditorium doors, festooned with a ceremonial ribbon. Outside you see the students milling about in front of the building.

The auditorium has been defaced—the sign for the Dacilane Academy Auditorium has been vandalized, with “Dacilane” changed to “Dandy-lion.” Beneath it, the doors have been painted with a picture of a catfolk wearing a foppish exaggeration of an Eagle Knight uniform. The feline freedom fighter has been hit in the face with a meringue pie by an unseen assailant and is making a comically shocked face.

You are able to fairly easily pick out the other members of your team that stand out amid the student body.

Horizon Hunters

"Feel my fierce Lion’s Bite!" | 820-2009 | Male NG Wishborn Poppet Thaumaturge 4 | Portrait | HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +8 W +8 (+1 vs death effects, disease, fear, poison, drained, paralyzed, sickened; emotion & fear success become crit success) | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | 2/2 Hero Points | 1/1 Campaign Coin | Active Conditions: 10ft. Aura +1 to Fear Saves, Darkvision, Resistance to Cold & Mental 1, Fire Weakness 1, ---

"Awww... they remembered me! You have to admit that I'm the dandiest lion anyone ever saw!" Jinglemane prances into the Academy. "Hello everyone, I'm Jinglemane, reporter and head publisher of the Mane Event: Your Exclusive Source for Pathfinder Lairs, Dares and Hair Cares! Can I have your style tips to share with my readers?"

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Following the bouncy poppet into the auditorium, Kit says “I don’t think they meant you, Jinglemane.

She looks around for a mop or wash bucket. “I wonder who added these decorations.


Prank War Map

One of the students is quick to note, "the change is decor was one we were met with upon arrival here. We are awaiting the headmaster to give an announcement, quite likely related to this disparagement." They give a pointed, accusatory glance at a student reclining against the wall as they add, "I would have my own suspicions of the perpetrator if not for the early morning timing."

"Unlike you I keep a flexible schedule." The reclining student retorts with a shrug. "The better reason it couldn't be me is that the graffiti doesn't have enough bite. Good pun though. Find someone else to point at." He gives a bit of a grin to Jinglemane while tossing this hair back. He declares, "Now if you want to find someone with a style that isn't blatantly taken from some Pathfinder Society member, I'm happy to offer all I know to your readers."

Before he can offer such information, J Dacilane calls for attention. J Dacilane stands in front of the students with a stern look, though there is a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. “Students, someone has taken it upon themselves to attack the very name of this school, an act so serious that I can only consider it to be a declaration of war: the Dacilane Academy’s very first prank war.”

He holds up a hand to quiet the outburst of excitement from the gathered students. “Classes will be cancelled for the remainder of the day, as conflict is a powerful teacher. You will have until 10 bells to organize yourselves, make your plans, and prepare for battle, and until 12 bells to prank with impunity. There will be no teams; you must make your own alliances and be on the lookout for betrayals. These Pathfinders will serve as impartial observers, mentors, and judges. For those of you who need competitive motivation, a winner will be selected by our judges to win the Dandy-Lion Medal of Foolery for the team that embodies the spirit of the competition the best, but the satisfaction of besting your opponents will be your truest reward. Keep your wits about you. War is chaos; enemies can unite against a greater foe; neutral parties might get involved—take nothing for granted. And remember—whatever mess you make, you will be responsible for cleaning up tomorrow morning, including this.” He points to the leonine painting behind him. “Go prepare. Good luck and have fun.”

As the students begin spread out among the campus J Dacilane steps to your group. "Thank you for coming today.

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Kit looks around, trying to remember the names of the students that she and Jinglemane had escorted on the field trip through the Maze of the Open Road. She smiles and waves to any that wave to her.

When J steps forward and starts addressing the students, Kit keeps silent and focuses on what he has to say. Her expression likely gives a hint as to her thoughts.

Prank War? This could get messy…

Oh, good! We don’t have to clean it up.

There is a look of relief towards the end of the speech as J mentions the students having to do any cleanup.

When J comes over to talk to them, Kit smiles brightly and greets him. “So nice to see you again, J. Should be fun working again with the students here.

With a somewhat worried expression, she says “You might have added at least one more rule to this contest though. Injuring another person should be cause for disqualification.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Feel my fierce Lion’s Bite!" | 820-2009 | Male NG Wishborn Poppet Thaumaturge 4 | Portrait | HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +8 W +8 (+1 vs death effects, disease, fear, poison, drained, paralyzed, sickened; emotion & fear success become crit success) | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | 2/2 Hero Points | 1/1 Campaign Coin | Active Conditions: 10ft. Aura +1 to Fear Saves, Darkvision, Resistance to Cold & Mental 1, Fire Weakness 1, ---

"Yep, though Kit can heal anyone who's injured! She's a wonderful healer! So... Are we supposed to judge the pranks, not advising them?" Then he looks at the medals longingly. "And can we judges win Dandy-Lion medals as well?"

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Looking to the poppet, Kit says “Maybe we can get you a Grand Dandy-Lion sash to denote you as a judge, Jinglemane.

Vigilant Seal

Male half-orc liberator 3 | hp 44/44, focus points 1/1, hero points 1/3 | AC 21 (23 w/ shield); shield hardness 5 hp 20/20 (BT 10) | F+8, R+6, W+7 | Speed 20 (25 w/o armor) | Perc. +5, low-light vision | Reactions: liberating step (5 resistance), shield block | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

"This is a pretty groovy idea, J!" a burly half-orc says, as he leans back in his chair and takes a sip from his stein. Looking around to the other Pathfinders, he adds "What's up, everybody! I'm Doven. Good to meetcha!"

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

With a slight bow, Kit introduces herself. “Qitarah al-Tabib of Sedeq. A pleasure to meet you.

Verdant Wheel

Female human (skilled) druid 3 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 | F +9 R +6 W +11 | Perc +11 | Stealth +1 | Speed:25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

A...human? woman follows behind Doven. Her hair, seemingly not combed in over a decade, is one giant tangled knot. Her clothing is hides stitched together from a variety of different animals, very haphazardly.

Flitting around above her head is a large bat wearing a fluffy white sweater.

"Uggh...I got out of chaperoning the last time, but they made me come this time. I don't know why. Kids hate me. Or, at least, they're afraid of me. I'm pretty sure it was village kids that got me ran out of my nice little cabin in the woods claiming that I was a witch. But I'm not a witch! I kept telling them that. Anyway, I'm Aella."

She doesn't go to shake anyone's hand, which is just as well since she smells like she hasn't bathed since the last time she combed her hair.

She gestures at the bat over her head. "Oh, and this is Bat-tilda. I rescued her and now I can't get rid of her. Our last mission was in very cold weather, the Balgirdtrek, and now I can't get her to take the sweater off either."

Bat-tilda flies around in a few loops to greet everyone before finding a nice place to hang from the ceiling.

Vigilant Seal

Male half-orc liberator 3 | hp 44/44, focus points 1/1, hero points 1/3 | AC 21 (23 w/ shield); shield hardness 5 hp 20/20 (BT 10) | F+8, R+6, W+7 | Speed 20 (25 w/o armor) | Perc. +5, low-light vision | Reactions: liberating step (5 resistance), shield block | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

Doven holds a hand up to the side of his mouth in and mimes pointing through it toward Aella, silently mouthing "a witch", then grins at the newcomer. "Nice to see ya again, Aella! How's the witch-adjacent life treating you?"

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female human (skilled) druid 3 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 | F +9 R +6 W +11 | Perc +11 | Stealth +1 | Speed:25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Aella fumes. "I specifically told you, many times, I am not a witch!"

Bat-tilda makes a chittering noise that sounds suspiciously like a giggle.

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Kit manages to not laugh at the antics. She does say “Rather than tell us what you aren’t, could you tell us what skills do you have Aella? Other than scaring children and caring for bats?


Prank War Map

GM Screen:

Kit's Perception (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Low-light vision, darkvision
Jinglemane's Perception (E): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Darkvision
Doven's Perception (T): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Aella's Perception (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Some familiar students want back but they are quick to whisper in small groups as they work on their plans.

J nods in understanding of Kit's question. "We are not looking for injuries today. But I rather not open rules that others might try to exploit to disqualify others. A number are too clever for their own good and not as proficient at understanding the consequences of their actions."

He uses this to continue onto Jinglemane's question about the group's role. "Both actually. While you are here as judges, they well may benefit from your assistance. The students often have grand ideas but may need help to make them appropriate for one another. Just remember you’re here to assist, not do the tasks for them—please provide them with your expertise and wisdom but allow them to engage with the experience themselves.”

"Your guidance also will keep themselves and others safe from pranks you identify as inappropriate for the school. Including if it is too dangerous to others or themselves."

Qitarah al-Tabib of Sedeq:

You catch sight of something unusual, there are several tiny winged sprites flying high above the school. They flit around one another and only pause to take a note of you before flying away at great speed out of sight.

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Ah, rather than try to come up with rules that can be subverted, the idea is we make sure things stay safe and fun!

With a nod, Kit says “Works for me!

Then pointing up, she says “Is this just for the students? Saw some sprites watching us.

Verdant Wheel

Female human (skilled) druid 3 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 | F +9 R +6 W +11 | Perc +11 | Stealth +1 | Speed:25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"I'm a lot better off in the woods. Good with plants and animals. Less good with people."


Prank War Map

J looks with some confusion to Kit's comments on sprites. He looks up see the empty sky absent flying fey and laughs. With a chuckle he tells Kit, “good to see you’re already getting in the spirit of the war.”

"I'll look toward having more medals made for you all if that is your desire.. Taking a moment to focus on Aelia, J thanks her saying, "I do thank you for your time as Aelia. I know some of the students are bound to involve wildlife in their plots. I'm certain you will keep both safe. I doubt any students here will disrespect you, but let me know if any do so and I'll step forward to correct them.

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Kit sighs as J dismisses her sprite sighting. This reminds me of when people didn’t believe me that Jinglemane had come to life!

Can we have the class list? That would help us track people and make sure we don’t miss anyone.


Prank War Map

"Of course, here are a list of students and faculty. The campus is open today so other people are welcome to partake in friendly competition, but I wouldn't be surprised if no one else takes part of the event." With a couple minutes he is able to provide a list of people on campus with a handle of staff and a few dozen students. "I don't expect most them to ask need encouragement or assistance."

Radiant Oath

CG Female Human | Merchant | Bard Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 3/3 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 | F/R/W 9/11/9 | Perc +9 | Spell Attack: +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 20 | ◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Performance(E): +12, Deception/Diplomacy: +10, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +9, Intimidation(U)/PFS Lore(E): +8, Lore (Mercantile)/Occultism/Athletics: +6, Medicine/Religion/Nature/Survival: +5, Arcana/Crafting/Society: +4 |

A woman of medium height runs, puffing, into the room. She bends over and lays her hands on her knees to catch her breath. Seeing the other Pathfinders, she blushes crimson, realizing that she's late... again...

"Sh..shayna Qu..quickfingers," she puffs, barely getting her name out, "I overslept, " she adds lamely.

Shayna appears to be lightly armed and dressed for speed, though the flute case on her back is a clear indication of her profession. Her clothes, and equipment, however, appear to be freshly cleaned (or bought, you can't tell which).

"Well met, " she begins again, after catching her breath, "Shayna Quickfingers. I run the Quickfingers Equipment Emporium just outside the Grand Bazaar. Can't miss it! Come over afterwards and get a discount. So what do we have so far? I've been told that this place is an elite academy but it appears someone or something vandalized the outside."

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

With a slight bow, Kit introduces herself. “Hello, I’m Qitarah al-Tabib of Sedeq.

Gesturing around, she says “It seems the students are about to begin a prank war and we are to supervise and judge it.

She gives the others a chance to introduce themselves and then fills Shayna in on any details that haven’t been covered.


Prank War Map

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 1
Jinglemane's Society (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Given the party's prior experience with the academy, all of you are already familiar with the academy's history. The Pathfinder Society purchased the manor housing the Academy decades ago.

Then, in recent years, J Dacilane has donated substantial resources and efforts to guaranteeing a high-quality education for the students. That high-quality education has not meant a lack of events with the school.

Some time back, the Pathfinder Society was called to help investigate an alleged haunting inside the Academy. While there were uncanny events that occurred throughout the grounds, it was determined that they were caused by an akizendri—a chaotic extraplanar being of the sort known as proteans.

In another incident, a more powerful pelagastr protean made a deal with a teacher that culminated in a magical mishap during a field trip to Woodsedge Lodge that temporarily shunted the Pathfinder chaperones to a different plane of existence.

You all have time to share and relate the nature of the event to Shayna as the 10 bells sound. Students make way into the campus in mass; scattering as they look to put into place their varying plots.

Here is the Academy Grounds Map where you all are. You are all currently on the Northern side.

J leaves you the run of the grounds leaving you at the front entry amid a tidy lawn surrounds this stately single-story brick building beyond the academy’s iron gates.

Three stone steps and two ramps ascend to the front entrance. The doors stand ajar, revealing the main hallway. There is a small path around the building leads to the grounds at the south side. To the west you see a storage shed that is currently beset by a sizable number of students as they crowd around the shed's entryway.

There is only one younge halfling student that has been left abandoned behind here. She stands to the side with her arms cross as she looks notably displeased. Her clothing is akin to military dress with dark blue and gold highlights. She makes no move to join the rest of her classmates who have otherwise leapt into the Prank War.

You are free to explore the campus, search around, and speak to students, note those you think deserve the Medal of Foolery, and provide support where you would like. Who would you like to speak with or go toward?

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Seeing the frowning halfling, Kit goes over to talk to her.

Hello, I’m Kitarah al-Tabib of Sedeq. I don’t think we’ve met. Who are you?


Prank War Map

Despite her dejected attitude, she stifles that away a bit as she gives a bow to Kit and looking upward to match her gaze. "I'd be honored Pathfinder Kitarah al-Tabib of Sedeq. I'm Cass Farsight from the city of Kaer Maga."

"I've come more recently from my home land to study under the school and the legendary leadership it has." She pauses for a moment as her faces sours as distasteful words build in her mouth and she manages control over them working into a more controlled statement, "I much rather be learning how to match the feats of heroes than, if I were to be blunt, frivolity." The venom on the last word matches of the most vile insults one might expect from a young student.

"I would say it doesn't seem to be worth my time to be honest, Pathfinder-Judge."

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Smiling, Kit nods as she says “Not all lessons are equally useful to all students. Oh, and you can call me Kit if you prefer. I always like to give the formal introduction to start.

She pauses a moment before continuing. “Still, there may be something useful you can gain from this. Although the purpose may be frivolous the techniques can be useful in other pursuits. It encourages a certain flexibility in thinking. It is also a way for you to bond with some of the other students.

Although we don’t always agree with each other, all Pathfinders learn to cooperate.

This feels like it should require a skill check. If it does, go ahead and bot the roll. I would also be fine if someone else led and mine was just an Aid.

Vigilant Seal

Male half-orc liberator 3 | hp 44/44, focus points 1/1, hero points 1/3 | AC 21 (23 w/ shield); shield hardness 5 hp 20/20 (BT 10) | F+8, R+6, W+7 | Speed 20 (25 w/o armor) | Perc. +5, low-light vision | Reactions: liberating step (5 resistance), shield block | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

"Yeah, totally. Also, like, it's a good way to get to know your classmates too. It's important to know how the people you're workin' with operate, y'know? Plus," Doven says with a smile, "it's a chance to get into people's head. Figurin' out how to prank an opponent is good practice for figurin' out how to beat an enemy."

Diplomacy, if needed:
Diplo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Verdant Wheel

Female human (skilled) druid 3 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 | F +9 R +6 W +11 | Perc +11 | Stealth +1 | Speed:25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

While Kit and Doven talk to Cass, Aella keeps an eye on what the students are doing at the shed.


Prank War Map

"Understood Pathfinder-Judge Kit, I will address you as you wish. I've trained enough to know to do all I can to properly address those of a higher rank."

She gives Kit focused attention as she takes in the guidance before responding, "if I might suggest though, attempting to build comradery with these disruptive jokes well could create disruption in the ranks. I admit I've already built myself into a potential fervor thinking about others making a mess of my uniform and, without proper reconnaissance, I will may lay a poorly thought out prank that could well break up an otherwise agreeable unit."

"What are you saying though about practicing unconventional strategies does make sense though." She pauses in thought before returning her gaze up toward Doven. "I've read of many Eagle Knight victories that came from tactics that played toward the enemies' conventional strategies. That does seem like a more reasonable purpose to the event than I originally gave credit. It would make sense for J to attempt to employ this for training."

I will take that Diplomacy check form Doven. It does do good work to convince her, but she will need other Pathfinders to help convince her to participate, at least before the event is over.

For Kit, based on what you are saying you could make a Diplomacy check to convince her as well. In addition to any Lore that speak to her interest and thinking, you did also notice her attitude picked up a bit speaking about the Pathfinder's guidance to cooperation. You think that you could try to convince her with Pathfinder Lore.

Not heading too far from the party Aella gets a better view of the crowd around a ramshackle storage shed. The is a group of young students circled around the doorway staring in as they mutter to one another. There are a couple older students between them in front of the door. The only one Aella gets a good view of a tall boy with tousled red hair. He takes steps toward the shed to look around, but he seems wary of entering as he talks to another student obscured by the crowd.

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Kit mentions a few times she has read of where an unconventional approach allowed various Pathfinder Agents to succeed. She also mentions how recently her own training involved an unconventional duel with some Aldori Swordlord’s.

Lore Pathfinder Society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Prank War Map

Cass shows interest in the various actions of Pathfinders and especially Kit's own time with the Aldori Swordlords. The student also shares the recollections of her study of the deeds she is familiar with, especially the work of J. Over the course of a few minutes she becomes more comfortable with the event and works through an appropriate prank.

Acquiring a bucket and filling it with water she notes, "while my research may be limited, I am at least aware of the classical pranks. I lay this upon the top rail of the main school door and leave it as a trap for the unwary."

She works her way to the door with the bucket, but pauses at the entryway to the school. Turning back to the group the halfling student sheepishly requests, "Pathfinder-Judges, if you may, I would ask for help placing this given the difference in the height between me and the door."

Vigilant Seal

Male half-orc liberator 3 | hp 44/44, focus points 1/1, hero points 1/3 | AC 21 (23 w/ shield); shield hardness 5 hp 20/20 (BT 10) | F+8, R+6, W+7 | Speed 20 (25 w/o armor) | Perc. +5, low-light vision | Reactions: liberating step (5 resistance), shield block | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

"Haha, 'course!" Doven laughs, the tall dromaar sauntering over to help place the bucket at the student's direction.


Prank War Map

"Thank you Pathfinder-Judge." Cass hands over the bucket and directs Doven where to place it. She positions the door and it is a straight-forward process for Doven to lay the trap.

"I'm grateful for your guidance. I'll see about joining the others and see if I can see about training my awareness to avoid whatever my classmates have already set."

She gives a firm salute before heading off.

What does the party wish to do? The group can follow Aella by investing the crowd of students at the shed. Otherwise the party can go around the building or through the untrapped half of the academy entryway.

Horizon Hunters

"Feel my fierce Lion’s Bite!" | 820-2009 | Male NG Wishborn Poppet Thaumaturge 4 | Portrait | HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +8 W +8 (+1 vs death effects, disease, fear, poison, drained, paralyzed, sickened; emotion & fear success become crit success) | Perc +8 | 30 Speed | 2/2 Hero Points | 1/1 Campaign Coin | Active Conditions: 10ft. Aura +1 to Fear Saves, Darkvision, Resistance to Cold & Mental 1, Fire Weakness 1, ---

Jinglemane decides to check out the shed. "Hello, I'm Jinglemane! Are the Oppossums still there? Do we need to bang pots and pans?"


Prank War Map

Beyond the crowd of students is the school's ramshackle storage shed. Through the door you can seen plenty of dust coating the school's miscellaneous clutter, including exercise equipment, tools, and broken furniture. There is currently the sounds of hissing coming from the corner of the shed that likely answers Jinglemane's question and there area few battered old pots on the wall that likely often serve that purpose.

At the center of the group of fledgling students are a pair of the more experienced students of the school, a kobold currenting paging through a sizable tome and an athletic boy with bright red hair, Geltra and Tels Olsen.

"Yes!" Geltra is quick to answer Jinglemane before just as quickly adding, "And no. Probably no. Maybe?"

After a moment of concentration she sets a bookmark before closing her book. "Maybe I should start from the beginning rather than skipping ahead."

"Hello Jinglemane. I'm Geltra and this is Tels." Geltra gestures with her free hand toward herself, Tels, and the shed. "Your understanding of the shed situation is accurate, but we are not intending to scare away the marsupials, but guide them elsewhere where the may cause a predictable amount of disruption to order."

Tels steps into the conversation, a bit hesitantly as he says, "yeah, we were hoping to get some of the opossums from the shed through the windows into Ms. LaForent's classroom." He throws a thumb at the building, gesturing toward an open pair of windows just to the right of the right of the entrance into the academy. "We must have already spooked them though and we haven't been able to lead them just anywhere."

A view of the shed reveals that they are several opossums in the shed amid the clutter, all hissing and baring their teeth in response to the attempts to guide them out. Gelta asks, "if I might ask for your advice or assistance in this matter? Despite the unexpected turn, I rather not give in on this problem."

Vigilant Seal

Male half-orc liberator 3 | hp 44/44, focus points 1/1, hero points 1/3 | AC 21 (23 w/ shield); shield hardness 5 hp 20/20 (BT 10) | F+8, R+6, W+7 | Speed 20 (25 w/o armor) | Perc. +5, low-light vision | Reactions: liberating step (5 resistance), shield block | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

"Well, what have you tried so far? What have you done to convince them to go with you?"

Verdant Wheel

Female human (skilled) druid 3 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 | F +9 R +6 W +11 | Perc +11 | Stealth +1 | Speed:25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Opossums, eh? They can be real jerks, but let's see what they want."

Aella starts speaking in a series of grunts and hisses to the opossums.

Will you get out of the shed so the humans can come in? Do you need something first?

Remaster Animal Empathy: You have a connection to the creatures of the natural world that allows you to communicate with them on a rudimentary level. You can ask questions of, receive answers from, and use the Diplomacy skill with animals. In most cases, wild animals will give you time to make your case.


Prank War Map

The opossums are on edge and hiss at Aella, but she is able to begin talking to them as they call out, "go away! Our nest!"

Aella can attempt a Diplomacy check to try to communicate with the opossums.

With a polite, shy bow Tels steps back to give Aella room to the entryway as he offers, "tried offering leftovers from breakfast to them." He gives a shrug with a bit of discouragement as he explains, "not sure if they don't find biscuits appetizing or if they were too spooked to get lured out by them."

Geltra opens her book and flips through the pages as she notes, "I suspect the plan would work if we provide appropriately spaced lures to draw them. We could also try to startle them to get them going, like we have seen demonstrated by the caretaker and their pots." Looking toward Aella, Geltra flips through a different section of the book and states, "none of us can communicate to animals, so I had not considered it. If were able we would be able to ask them."

Geltra's options would require Nature or Intimidate. Alternatively, Diplomacy could be used with Animal Empathy to convince them to go through the windows.

Grand Archive

F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Figuring that Aella, Doven and Jinglemane can probably handle the situation at the shed, Kit gestures to Shayna and says “Let’s look inside! Although Jinglemane has been in the academy, I haven’t yet been there,

She waits for Shayna at the door before proceeding in.

I’m also willing to go help with what is happening at the shed if people would prefer we not split the party.


Prank War Map

The opossums hiss back at Aella, "this is our home and outside home not safe!" Another adds, "a person already came in and attacked us! If they attack in home, they can attack anywhere!"

They don't seem entirely ill-disposed to leaving the shed, but they seem on edge and fearful. Despite that they don't feel very safe where they are, but are uncertain where to go.

As to the entrance, Kit hears more students elsewhere in the school that sound like they might need help, but nothing that sounds like it is getting truly out of hand.

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female human (skilled) druid 3 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 | F +9 R +6 W +11 | Perc +11 | Stealth +1 | Speed:25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Aella scowls at the students. "Did someone attack these opossums? Look, you can do your pranks, but you've got to leave the wildlife alone."

Vigilant Seal

Male half-orc liberator 3 | hp 44/44, focus points 1/1, hero points 1/3 | AC 21 (23 w/ shield); shield hardness 5 hp 20/20 (BT 10) | F+8, R+6, W+7 | Speed 20 (25 w/o armor) | Perc. +5, low-light vision | Reactions: liberating step (5 resistance), shield block | Current conditions: | ◆◇↺

"Yeah, maybe we can help you figure something out that doesn't involve hurtin' these little dudes."


Prank War Map

Tels looks a bit abashed as he says, "ah no, no one attacked them."

Joining his assertion, Geltra emphatically states, "we wouldn't wish to bring them any harm, but this seemed liked the best way to achieve multiple goals, including the pranking." After a moment she fiddles with her bookmark as she admits, "based on the rules outlined by J, one of the outcomes of this event is that pranks will need to be cleaned up." Gesturing to the decrepit shed as she concludes, "if the opossums and, thereby, their habitat, were involved in a prank, then the area would be given proper attention."

"It's my fault," Tels steps admits. "A few days ago a ball hit the shed and rattled the place good. Place isn't built for taking hits like that and stuff got knocked down. None got hurt, but I was hoping we could get a sort of double play here."

The kobold asks, "if our plan is harmful, do you know a way for us to modify our steps to ensure their safety?"

Radiant Oath

CG Female Human | Merchant | Bard Lvl 4 | Pathfinder Agent Dedication | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 3/3 | HP 44/44 | AC 20 | F/R/W 9/11/9 | Perc +9 | Spell Attack: +10 | 25 feet | Class DC 20 | ◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Performance(E): +12, Deception/Diplomacy: +10, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +9, Intimidation(U)/PFS Lore(E): +8, Lore (Mercantile)/Occultism/Athletics: +6, Medicine/Religion/Nature/Survival: +5, Arcana/Crafting/Society: +4 |

Shayna looks on, bemused. Unsure of what's going on, she follows the other Pathfinders. She does, however, agree that pranking wildlife is a bad idea.

Apologies for falling behind. All caught up now.

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F human (sylph) Cleric | Font 1/4 | BM not used yet | HP 38/38 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F +8 R +7 W +12 | Perception +10; low-light, darkvision | Conditions: Spiritual Armament

Since everyone else is busy with the shed, Kit comes over and finds out what is happening there. Once things are explained to her, she thinks a moment.

The animals are afraid of us. I think we may want to leave them out of the pranks, scaring animals is not a fun prank.

Gesturing towards the school, she says “Now that doesn’t mean we couldn’t do something with Ms. LaForent classroom. If she has posters or maps in the room, we could put new ones over them or hang them upside down. We could hide her attendance book and replace it with a fake one with all the wrong student names. If some of you are extremely good with crafting, we could hang her desk and chain from the ceiling.

Pointing to Geltra, she says “Define your objective a little bit better and review what skills you have between you. Make sure the ideas do no permanent damage or any injury. Then we can start having some fun with pranking!


Prank War Map

Geltra nods. "I'll need to reevaluate then. We may need your assistance as we expand the scale of the project."

The students disperse as they look toward other plots and plans for their pranks. There is a bit of clatter as a few of the students is soaked by a bucket of water on entry to the building, but it is followed by raucous laughter.

Before he heads out Tels asks, "just make sure the opossums are taken care of? Rather not leave them forgotten." He sets off with a vigorous run as he heads into the school as well, grabbing the bucket along the way.

Verdant Wheel

Female human (skilled) druid 3 | HP 41/41 | AC 19 | F +9 R +6 W +11 | Perc +11 | Stealth +1 | Speed:25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Aella calls out to the opossums in animal speak, "Don't worry! The kids will leave you alone now!"

"Well, should we head inside and find out what else these kids are up to?"

1 to 50 of 292 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS 4-16 - Dacilane Academys First Great Prank War All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.