Zero's #4-08: Battle for Star's Fate (Inactive)

Game Master Super Zero

Slides
RPG Chronicles
High Tier (34 CP)


201 to 240 of 240 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Envoy's Alliance

Active Conditions: NA | Exploration Mode: Search | LN Male Halfling (Tinker) Alchemist 6 | Halfling Luck 0/1 (day 2) | Hero Points 1/3| Speed 25 (bracelets?) | HP 66 (-0) | AC 24 | F/R/W +12/+14/+11 | Perc +11 (Low-Light & Keen Eyes) | Alchemist Fires: 4/6, Acid Flasks 2/3, Frost Vials 5/6, L. Elixirs of Life 2/2, Reagents 4/10 Remain

Farryn, sand in his eyes making things blurry, still feels pretty confident.

He steps back and begins juggling a flask, ”This is what we call a rope-a-dope! Which hand is it in? Where’s it gonna go? Will it burn or melt or freeze? Nobody KNOW!”

And with that, the fire flask is flipped at the nearest bugbear… maybe.

Flat 5: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Moderate Alchemist’s Fire: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 if hits does 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 7) + 4 = 14 Fire and adds 2 Persistent Fire. Miss does 4 Fire Splash. Fumble does nothing. Yellow is also splashed for 4 Fire.

And then he steps back up, glances at Murph and whispers to the bugbear, ”Say hello to my little friend.”


The alchemist's fire is a direct hit. Badly wounded and on fire, the bugbear's grip on the dagger is loose. She looks like she might collapse if somebody looks at her too hard.

The cannons, though, are still in operation. A ball of shadow bursts as it nears Aldonza and Ra'Uf.
DC 21 basic Reflex vs 9 bludgeoning damage.

Star focuses and expands the sphere of wind. The wind slams into the bugbear leader, but she stands her ground.

Theo and Ra'Uf's turns.

Initiative:
Murph (58/58)
Darkened Shadow Cannon A (30 feet up, Arcana or Thievery to Disable)
Angvim (52/78, 30 feet up)
Red Bugbear Trickster (74 damage, 2 persistent fire, extremely bloodied)
Aldonza (66/66, Parrying, Panache, Frightened 1)
Yellow Bugbear Bully (47 damage, bloodied)
Farryn (66/66, Dazzled one round)
Darkened Shadow Cannon 1 (30 feet up, Arcana or Thievery to Disable)
Star (+1 status to all Pathfinders' attack rolls and skill checks)
Theo (50/53, 30 feet up)
Ra'Uf (50/66)
Green Bugbear Bully

GM Dice:
cannon damage: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2) + 5 = 9
Red Reflex: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Vigilant Seal

Male Catfolk M Catfolk Investigator 5 | Hp 53 /53| AC 23 | F +8 (T), R +13 (E), W +10 (E) | Perception +10 (E) | (Will Shoot his bow if botted)

"I'll focus on Cannon A" whispers Theo, pointing at the appropriate cannon.
"You work on Cannon 1."

Theo moves to the indicated cannon & gets to work trying to disable it's aiming system.

Thievery plus Star's boost: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 1 = 34


Theo studies the cannon carefully, and then gives it one little poke. A small internal explosion, a loud CLUNK, and a puff of smoke from the end precede the cannon's dramatically collapse. One down.

Critical success. One cannon defeated with an action to spare.

Ra'Uf's turn.

Initiative:
Murph (58/58)
Angvim (52/78, 30 feet up)
Red Bugbear Trickster (74 damage, 2 persistent fire, extremely bloodied)
Aldonza (66/66, Parrying, Panache, Frightened 1)
Yellow Bugbear Bully (47 damage, bloodied)
Farryn (66/66, Dazzled one round)
Darkened Shadow Cannon (30 feet up, Arcana or Thievery to Disable)
Star (+1 status to all Pathfinders' attack rolls and skill checks)
Theo (50/53, 30 feet up)
Ra'Uf (50/66)
Green Bugbear Bully

Vigilant Seal

Male Catfolk M Catfolk Investigator 5 | Hp 53 /53| AC 23 | F +8 (T), R +13 (E), W +10 (E) | Perception +10 (E) | (Will Shoot his bow if botted)

Since it seems that Theo still has an action remaining, he'll apply Battle Medicine to Angvim.

Assured Medicine DC 19 Medicine
Battle Medicine Healing: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 8) + 5 = 21


Ra'Uf's turn.

Initiative:
Murph (58/58)
Angvim (73/78, 30 feet up)
Red Bugbear Trickster (74 damage, 2 persistent fire, extremely bloodied)
Aldonza (66/66, Parrying, Panache, Frightened 1, DC 21 Ref vs 9 damage)
Yellow Bugbear Bully (47 damage, bloodied)
Farryn (66/66)
Darkened Shadow Cannon (30 feet up, Arcana or Thievery to Disable)
Star (+1 status to all Pathfinders' attack rolls and skill checks)
Theo (50/53, 30 feet up)
Ra'Uf (50/66, DC 21 basic Ref vs 9 damage)
Green Bugbear Bully

Horizon Hunters

Female Elf (Changeling) | HP 78/78 | AC 24/25 | F +12 R +14 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth +14 | speed 35 | Hero 1/3 | Active Conditions: ---

Ref save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Frightened should be gone

Radiant Oath

Male CG Shoony (Bloodhound) Champion (Liberator) 5 | HP 22/76 | AC 25 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+9), Will (+12) | Perception (+11) | Speed 20 | Low-Light Vision | Default Exploration: Search +11 (+2 Init.) | Spells 1st 1/1 | Focus 0/1 | Hero Points 2 | School Item Lesser Healing Potion 1/1 | Active Conditions: Level Bump, Ghost Touch Axe, Concealment, Big! (+2 atk, +5 reach, -1 AC, -2 Ref, clumsy 1) | ◆◇↺

I am back! Well, not back, but have nothing to do before my cab to the airport.

◆ Step

◆ Strike

+1 Striking Greataxe: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Slashing Damage: 2d12 + 4 ⇒ (12, 10) + 4 = 26

◆ Strike if Green is up, otherwise Stride to the starred spot

+1 Striking Greataxe: 1d20 + 14 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 5 = 26
Slashing Damage: 2d12 + 4 ⇒ (1, 10) + 4 = 15

Let's reroll for that big damage.

+1 Striking Greataxe, Hero Point, Promotional Vestments: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 1 = 17

Ughhh...


Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, Ra'Uf narrowly misses his first swing. The second puts a gash on the bugbear's arm.

He responds by slamming into Ra'Uf, knocking him over sideways into the sand. This doesn't leave him much room to maneuver his club, and it bounces harmlessly off of his chair as he swings it.
** Brute Force, successfully Trips Ra'Uf and knocks him prone. * Strike, but misses.

Murph and Angvim's turns.

Initiative:
Murph (58/58)
Angvim (73/78, 30 feet up)
Red Bugbear Trickster (74 damage, 2 persistent fire, extremely bloodied)
Aldonza (66/66)
Yellow Bugbear Bully (47 damage, bloodied)
Farryn (66/66)
Darkened Shadow Cannon (30 feet up, Arcana or Thievery to Disable)
Star (+1 status to all Pathfinders' attack rolls and skill checks)
Theo (50/53, 30 feet up)
Ra'Uf (46/66, Prone)
Green Bugbear Bully (15 damage)

GM Dice:
Athletics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Attack (MAP): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Ra'Uf Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Horizon Hunters

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Tome Skills - Athletics (E) +11, Thievery (E) +14 | Half-Elf(Cave) Thaumaturge (Darkvision)| HP 78/78 | AC 24 | F +12(E) R +14(E) W +11(E) | Expert Perception +11 | Hero Points 0/1 | Exploration: Search| Bot: Demoralize/Exploit if needed, Attack with Chakram(20ft)/Boomerang(60ft) | Esoteric Warden, Sympathetic Vulnerabilities, Diverse Lore, Unmistakable Lore, Fast Healing 1/min

As Theo works on his side, Angvim will try to disable the second cannon.

"Well, let's hope this works. The book said to use these picks and toggle that, then to move this other thing..."

Thievery(E): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 1 = 31 (using, Star's bonus).


The second cannon emits a burst of black smoke and there's an unpleasant grinding sound.

Neither of these cannons will be operating again any time soon.
Not quite a crit, but you only needed a success. So you have an action remaining.

Murph's turn. And at this point I'm just going to say: She has AC 21 and 4 HP. It will very likely also be Aldonza's turn, if Murph can deal that damage.

Initiative:
Murph (58/58)
Angvim (73/78, 30 feet up)
Red Bugbear Trickster (74 damage, 2 persistent fire, extremely bloodied)
Aldonza (66/66)
Yellow Bugbear Bully (47 damage, bloodied)
Farryn (66/66)
Star (+1 status to all Pathfinders' attack rolls and skill checks)
Theo (50/53, 30 feet up)
Ra'Uf (46/66, Prone)
Green Bugbear Bully (15 damage)

Envoy's Alliance

”Murph” | Male gnome rogue 7 (Advanced Player's Guide) | HP 78/78 | AC 25 | Fort +11; Ref +17 (Successes are crit successes instead.); Will +13; +2 circumstance bonus vs. traps or devices you failed to disarm | Perc +15 | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus points0/0 | Hero Points 1/1 | Harmonic Wayfinder 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

I'm not that little.

◆ Stride

◆ First Strike using Shortsword, enemy should be Off-Guard due to Gang up.
+1 ghost touch striking shortsword(magical, versatile S, agile, finesse) with the bonus from Star : 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 1 = 27
Damage 2d6+4 P +2d6 P/Prec: 2d6 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 + (1, 4) = 13

◇ Drops his Kurki

◆ Reach in and grab the other Calamitous Dagger

It appears it is Aldonza's turn

Envoy's Alliance

Active Conditions: NA | Exploration Mode: Search | LN Male Halfling (Tinker) Alchemist 6 | Halfling Luck 0/1 (day 2) | Hero Points 1/3| Speed 25 (bracelets?) | HP 66 (-0) | AC 24 | F/R/W +12/+14/+11 | Perc +11 (Low-Light & Keen Eyes) | Alchemist Fires: 4/6, Acid Flasks 2/3, Frost Vials 5/6, L. Elixirs of Life 2/2, Reagents 4/10 Remain

Farryn gives a big grin as the bugbear drops, ”Aww, I guess that just means you are my friend.”


The second calamitous dagger is in Murph's hand before the bugbear even hits the sand.

With the cannons disabled, the leader down, and half the bugbears defeated, Aslynn's forces are severely dwindling.

Aldonza's turn.

Initiative:
Murph (58/58)
Angvim (73/78, 30 feet up)
Aldonza (66/66)
Yellow Bugbear Bully (47 damage, bloodied)
Farryn (66/66)
Star (+1 status to all Pathfinders' attack rolls and skill checks)
Theo (50/53, 30 feet up)
Ra'Uf (46/66, Prone)
Green Bugbear Bully (15 damage)

Horizon Hunters

Female Elf (Changeling) | HP 78/78 | AC 24/25 | F +12 R +14 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth +14 | speed 35 | Hero 1/3 | Active Conditions: ---

Aldonza skips down the sand dune, and tries to slip past the bugbear.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Hero Point

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Having done so, she finds a place between his ribs to plant her blade.

Confident Finisher: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Damage: 5d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6, 2, 1, 6) + 2 = 20

”Your mangy friends are mostly dead.
You could be gone, but here instead.
We won’t tell anyone you fled
Or just surrendered. Use your head!”

Performance: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Horizon Hunters

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Tome Skills - Athletics (E) +11, Thievery (E) +14 | Half-Elf(Cave) Thaumaturge (Darkvision)| HP 78/78 | AC 24 | F +12(E) R +14(E) W +11(E) | Expert Perception +11 | Hero Points 0/1 | Exploration: Search| Bot: Demoralize/Exploit if needed, Attack with Chakram(20ft)/Boomerang(60ft) | Esoteric Warden, Sympathetic Vulnerabilities, Diverse Lore, Unmistakable Lore, Fast Healing 1/min

With the cannon making strange sounds and emitting some strange smoke, Angvim feels his work here is done. He quickly takes a look down and takes a second to find something in one of the bugbears that he'd be able to exploit.

Exploit Vulnerability (GBB): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 1 = 26


"You'll pay for that!" bellows the badly bleeding bugbear as he barrels at Bu--er, Murph. He knocks into him, but fails to knock him over.
The gnome is less prepared for the wild swing of his club, however, which also slams into him.
** Brute Force ability, which fails. * Strike, which its for 13 bludgeoning damage.

Farryn, Theo, and Ra'Uf's turns.

Initiative:
Murph (45/58)
Angvim (73/78, 30 feet up)
Aldonza (66/66)
Yellow Bugbear Bully (47 damage, bloodied)
Farryn (66/66)
Star (+1 status to all Pathfinders' attack rolls and skill checks)
Theo (50/53, 30 feet up)
Ra'Uf (46/66, Prone)
Green Bugbear Bully (35 damage)

GM Dice:
Athletics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for bludgeoning: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Vigilant Seal

Male Catfolk M Catfolk Investigator 5 | Hp 53 /53| AC 23 | F +8 (T), R +13 (E), W +10 (E) | Perception +10 (E) | (Will Shoot his bow if botted)

After glancing around the deck, looking for some (any?) opposition, Theo vaults over the rail, relying on the Jump spell to soften his landing.

He pulls his bow & fires off a shot at the yellow bugbear.

arrow at yellow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 1 = 28
arrow damage P: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8


The bugbear howls as the arrow lands deep in his shoulder.
Crit

Farryn and Ra'Uf's turns.

Initiative:
Murph (45/58)
Angvim (73/78, 30 feet up)
Aldonza (66/66)
Yellow Bugbear Bully (63 damage, bloodied)
Farryn (66/66)
Star (+1 status to all Pathfinders' attack rolls and skill checks)
Theo (50/53)
Ra'Uf (46/66, Prone)
Green Bugbear Bully (35 damage)

Envoy's Alliance

Active Conditions: NA | Exploration Mode: Search | LN Male Halfling (Tinker) Alchemist 6 | Halfling Luck 0/1 (day 2) | Hero Points 1/3| Speed 25 (bracelets?) | HP 66 (-0) | AC 24 | F/R/W +12/+14/+11 | Perc +11 (Low-Light & Keen Eyes) | Alchemist Fires: 4/6, Acid Flasks 2/3, Frost Vials 5/6, L. Elixirs of Life 2/2, Reagents 4/10 Remain

Farryn steps away and rubs his hands together. A spark crackles into existence and jumps to the last two foes.

Cast Electric Arc on both for 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) + 4 = 12 electricity, basic reflex DC 22

Vigilant Seal

Male Catfolk M Catfolk Investigator 5 | Hp 53 /53| AC 23 | F +8 (T), R +13 (E), W +10 (E) | Perception +10 (E) | (Will Shoot his bow if botted)

arrow crit for deadly: 1d10 ⇒ 6


The less-injured bugbear keeps up his streak, rolling over the sand to evade the spell entirely. The other one takes the full blast, and finally falls.
Yellow fails. Between the electric arc and the deadly damage for Theo's crit that I forgot, he's down. Green critically succeeds.

"Oh, the only enemy left is already in the wind..." Star says telepathically, holding off on extending their windy aura.

Ra'Uf's turn.

Initiative:
Murph (45/58)
Angvim (73/78, 30 feet up)
Aldonza (66/66)
Farryn (66/66)
Star (+1 status to all Pathfinders' attack rolls and skill checks)
Theo (50/53)
Ra'Uf (46/66, Prone)
Green Bugbear Bully (35 damage)

GM Dice:
Yellow Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Green Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Shoony (Bloodhound) Champion (Liberator) 5 | HP 22/76 | AC 25 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+9), Will (+12) | Perception (+11) | Speed 20 | Low-Light Vision | Default Exploration: Search +11 (+2 Init.) | Spells 1st 1/1 | Focus 0/1 | Hero Points 2 | School Item Lesser Healing Potion 1/1 | Active Conditions: Level Bump, Ghost Touch Axe, Concealment, Big! (+2 atk, +5 reach, -1 AC, -2 Ref, clumsy 1) | ◆◇↺

Ra'uf hauls himself up and tries to take down Aslynn's last servant.

◆ Stand

◆ Strike

+1 Striking Greataxe: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Slashing Damage: 2d12 + 4 ⇒ (10, 12) + 4 = 26

◆ Strike

+1 Striking Greataxe: 1d20 + 14 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 5 = 25
Slashing Damage: 2d12 + 4 ⇒ (11, 8) + 4 = 23


A crit for 52 damage and a hit for 23 = 75. Which is his max HP.

The cannons are no longer issuing anything but smoke, and the final bugbear falls to pieces at Ra'Uf's onslaught.

The Gale's Claw wastes no time in turning back towards the portal it came from and retreating towards it without another word from Aslynn--if she was ever there.
The ship isn't especially fast in the air, and Angvim has plenty of time to jump off.

By the time he hits the sand, Star's conjured winds have dissipated. The other Pathfinders and all of the surviving merchants--which is most of them thanks to the quick response of the Society's agents--rush forward to congratulate the group on their victory... and to thank them for saving their lives.
For successfully saving the camp, the party gets two additional Influence with Star and one more with each of the others. (Including Brinna, since you brought her back to camp.)
This hits new thresholds for Rasool, Induren, and Star.

Rasool is among the happy merchants. He thanks the Pathfinders by presenting them with some of his wares. Each of them receives an outfit designed to help protect against the desert heat.
These warm-weather outfits provide a +1 circumstance bonus against environmental heat effects and to Stealth checks while in the desert. Probably a little late to be useful, but hey.

Induren is also there. "I, uh, got that prototype working. And you got the other dagger--perfect! You can put one or both of them in here and it should suppress their magic. If it works, I can put the finishing touches on my more permanent design and start assembling it."
That one's more useful--faction goal and a treasure bundle!

A loud cracking noise echoes ominously to some startled gasps, but they're quickly followed by whoops and cheering. Between the work the Pathfinders have done, Star's continuing to fully awaken, and the vibrations from Aslynn's shadow cannons, the massive automaton has finally broken free of the last of the rock restraining them. Pulling themself out of the ground and standing to their (most impressive) full height, Star faces the Pathfinders.

“The daggers you hold, the ones you call calamitous... They have a power over me, it seems. They were created to control me. I feel they are safe in your hands, but I would ask: would you be willing to return them to me, that I may hold my fate in my own hands?”

Radiant Oath

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Shoony (Bloodhound) Champion (Liberator) 5 | HP 22/76 | AC 25 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+9), Will (+12) | Perception (+11) | Speed 20 | Low-Light Vision | Default Exploration: Search +11 (+2 Init.) | Spells 1st 1/1 | Focus 0/1 | Hero Points 2 | School Item Lesser Healing Potion 1/1 | Active Conditions: Level Bump, Ghost Touch Axe, Concealment, Big! (+2 atk, +5 reach, -1 AC, -2 Ref, clumsy 1) | ◆◇↺

Ra'uf wastes no time in responding, "Milani would not permit me to leave a creature in bondage." He glances at Murph. "Return those daggers to Star. We have no better claim on them - or them - than Aslynn did."

Hard to use a plural and singular "them" in the same sentence, but Ra'uf is referring to the daggers first, then Star.

Envoy's Alliance

Active Conditions: NA | Exploration Mode: Search | LN Male Halfling (Tinker) Alchemist 6 | Halfling Luck 0/1 (day 2) | Hero Points 1/3| Speed 25 (bracelets?) | HP 66 (-0) | AC 24 | F/R/W +12/+14/+11 | Perc +11 (Low-Light & Keen Eyes) | Alchemist Fires: 4/6, Acid Flasks 2/3, Frost Vials 5/6, L. Elixirs of Life 2/2, Reagents 4/10 Remain

Farryn agrees, ”We have no real legitimate claim to them, that’s for sure. And if Star wishes to keep them, fine by me.”

He hollers up at the big being, ”Hey, I don’t really have any requests or anything. You aren’t beholden to us obviously. But like, try to do some good out in the world when you start exploring stuff. Kay?”

Horizon Hunters

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Tome Skills - Athletics (E) +11, Thievery (E) +14 | Half-Elf(Cave) Thaumaturge (Darkvision)| HP 78/78 | AC 24 | F +12(E) R +14(E) W +11(E) | Expert Perception +11 | Hero Points 0/1 | Exploration: Search| Bot: Demoralize/Exploit if needed, Attack with Chakram(20ft)/Boomerang(60ft) | Esoteric Warden, Sympathetic Vulnerabilities, Diverse Lore, Unmistakable Lore, Fast Healing 1/min

Angvim nods at both Farryn and Rau'Uf words, as he volcalizes his own thoughts on the issue.

"I also agree we have no right to bear that kind of control over someone who quite clearly has his own will. I say we give them both to him."

Envoy's Alliance

”Murph” | Male gnome rogue 7 (Advanced Player's Guide) | HP 78/78 | AC 25 | Fort +11; Ref +17 (Successes are crit successes instead.); Will +13; +2 circumstance bonus vs. traps or devices you failed to disarm | Perc +15 | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus points0/0 | Hero Points 1/1 | Harmonic Wayfinder 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Murph offers the dagger he just grabbed from the Hobgoblin to Star. I didn't come here to gain control of a weapon. I came to free a friend. As far as I am concerned, these daggers are yours, Star. Use them in good health. Maybe we'll see you in the future, or maybe not, but either way you should be free.

Horizon Hunters

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Tome Skills - Athletics (E) +11, Thievery (E) +14 | Half-Elf(Cave) Thaumaturge (Darkvision)| HP 78/78 | AC 24 | F +12(E) R +14(E) W +11(E) | Expert Perception +11 | Hero Points 0/1 | Exploration: Search| Bot: Demoralize/Exploit if needed, Attack with Chakram(20ft)/Boomerang(60ft) | Esoteric Warden, Sympathetic Vulnerabilities, Diverse Lore, Unmistakable Lore, Fast Healing 1/min

"And my offer from last time still stands, if you ever want to know something about... well, anything, do give me a call through any pathfinder and I'll try and contact you as soon as I can."

Radiant Oath

Male CG Shoony (Bloodhound) Champion (Liberator) 5 | HP 22/76 | AC 25 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+9), Will (+12) | Perception (+11) | Speed 20 | Low-Light Vision | Default Exploration: Search +11 (+2 Init.) | Spells 1st 1/1 | Focus 0/1 | Hero Points 2 | School Item Lesser Healing Potion 1/1 | Active Conditions: Level Bump, Ghost Touch Axe, Concealment, Big! (+2 atk, +5 reach, -1 AC, -2 Ref, clumsy 1) | ◆◇↺

"Indeed. This was a pleasure, and I hope our paths cross again under more favorable circumstances."

Vigilant Seal

Male Catfolk M Catfolk Investigator 5 | Hp 53 /53| AC 23 | F +8 (T), R +13 (E), W +10 (E) | Perception +10 (E) | (Will Shoot his bow if botted)

Theo says nothing when Star makes his request.

Instead, he steps forward & hands the dagger in question in his possession over to Star.

"Be well & safe journeys, wherever you end up traveling."


“I am grateful for your assistance, Pathfinders," Star says as they receive the daggers, "You have defended me well, and I am in your debt. I intend to leave you now in order to see more of this world, but before I leave, I would ask you a final question. What would you have me do upon my return? Do some good you say--but do you have any particular suggestion? Where can I be of most use, and how can I participate in this society which has left me behind as a relic?”

Horizon Hunters

Female Elf (Changeling) | HP 78/78 | AC 24/25 | F +12 R +14 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth +14 | speed 35 | Hero 1/3 | Active Conditions: ---

Aldonza sheathes her marotte with a snap. ”Have you considered the Pathfinder Society?”, she asks. ”We’ll put in a good word for you”

Horizon Hunters

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Tome Skills - Athletics (E) +11, Thievery (E) +14 | Half-Elf(Cave) Thaumaturge (Darkvision)| HP 78/78 | AC 24 | F +12(E) R +14(E) W +11(E) | Expert Perception +11 | Hero Points 0/1 | Exploration: Search| Bot: Demoralize/Exploit if needed, Attack with Chakram(20ft)/Boomerang(60ft) | Esoteric Warden, Sympathetic Vulnerabilities, Diverse Lore, Unmistakable Lore, Fast Healing 1/min

At Star's question and Aldonza's reply, Agnvim cannot help but give a huge smile and a big thumbs up towards Star.

"Well, that would solve the issue about having to find time to see you and, well, the society has many other's like us that would be more than glad to share their knowledge and stories with you. I guess that's the best way to do both"

Envoy's Alliance

”Murph” | Male gnome rogue 7 (Advanced Player's Guide) | HP 78/78 | AC 25 | Fort +11; Ref +17 (Successes are crit successes instead.); Will +13; +2 circumstance bonus vs. traps or devices you failed to disarm | Perc +15 | Default Exploration ( Searching) | Speed 25ft | Focus points0/0 | Hero Points 1/1 | Harmonic Wayfinder 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

The Pathfinder Society is not perfect, but it is one of the best options around to look to for guidance. In the end you will develop a sense of what you believe to be right and wrong, and follow it. Trust your instincts, listen to those you trust, but make your own decisions.

Vigilant Seal

Male Catfolk M Catfolk Investigator 5 | Hp 53 /53| AC 23 | F +8 (T), R +13 (E), W +10 (E) | Perception +10 (E) | (Will Shoot his bow if botted)

Theo brightens up at the prospect of Star joining the ranks of the Pathfinder Society.

He offers the following thoughts.

"While you might not be the best choice for some of the tasks that Pathfinders are usually tasked with, you are something that I believe the Society currently lacks - a subject matter expert on certain aspects of the ancient Jistkin empire. I'm sure that your first-hand knowledge of those times gone past would be of great value in certain academic circles. Sharing tales of the past while you learn about the present."

Vigilant Seal

Male Catfolk M Catfolk Investigator 5 | Hp 53 /53| AC 23 | F +8 (T), R +13 (E), W +10 (E) | Perception +10 (E) | (Will Shoot his bow if botted)

"Ultimately though, Star, the choice is yours to make. And I hope you know that never would have forced your actions using that dagger. Friends don't do that kind of thing to their friends."

Radiant Oath

Male CG Shoony (Bloodhound) Champion (Liberator) 5 | HP 22/76 | AC 25 | Fortitude (+12), Reflex (+9), Will (+12) | Perception (+11) | Speed 20 | Low-Light Vision | Default Exploration: Search +11 (+2 Init.) | Spells 1st 1/1 | Focus 0/1 | Hero Points 2 | School Item Lesser Healing Potion 1/1 | Active Conditions: Level Bump, Ghost Touch Axe, Concealment, Big! (+2 atk, +5 reach, -1 AC, -2 Ref, clumsy 1) | ◆◇↺

"I hope that we have shown you that the Pathfinder Society is a force for good in the world, even though we still have our flaws. Find us in the Grand Lodge in Absalom if you would like to learn more. And until then, lend a hand to others you find who are bound, either by the wicked or mere circumstance.

"May Milani bless your travels, that your footsteps are always free."

Envoy's Alliance

Active Conditions: NA | Exploration Mode: Search | LN Male Halfling (Tinker) Alchemist 6 | Halfling Luck 0/1 (day 2) | Hero Points 1/3| Speed 25 (bracelets?) | HP 66 (-0) | AC 24 | F/R/W +12/+14/+11 | Perc +11 (Low-Light & Keen Eyes) | Alchemist Fires: 4/6, Acid Flasks 2/3, Frost Vials 5/6, L. Elixirs of Life 2/2, Reagents 4/10 Remain

Farryn hollers up again, "And stay away from politics! It's just not worth it."


Star nods. "If you'd needed to use my weapons against our mutual enemies, I'd understand--but I'm glad you didn't. My memories of the past are foggy, but... I remember being forced to fight."

Bowing, the immense automaton says, "I thank you all for our friendship and your advice. I will consider it all carefully. But if you can excuse my rudeness, it has been several centuries since that dune formed and I last saw what's on the other side."

Finally, Star begins their trek off into the desert.

201 to 240 of 240 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zero's #4-08: Battle for Star's Fate All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.