DM Brainiac’s Kingmaker 2E: Table 1

Game Master Brainiac

Hex Map
Kingdom Sheet


301 to 350 of 977 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Fortitude vs Harm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Viper Fangs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d8 - 3 ⇒ (7) - 3 = 41d8 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5

Tyr bites at claws at one of the sleeping bandits, slaying him. Floare's summoned viper kills another one with two precise strikes to the neck. Tandri grazes a third with her crossbow bolt, but the man resists her harm spell, leaving him badly hurt but not down yet.

"Help! Help! We're under attack!" the wounded man shouts. He scrambles to his feet, grabbing a dagger and hurling it into the shadows at Tandri. It whizzes past her!

Dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The lead bandit gets to her feet as well, readying her twin handaxes as she curses loudly.

The bandits in the watchtowers fire arrows down at Tyr! One arrow grazes the eidolon.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d20 - 4 ⇒ (14) - 4 = 101d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 141d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6
Concealment: 1d20 ⇒ 91d20 ⇒ 3
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

1 damage to Tyr. Everybody may act! There is one wounded bandit plus the leader in the camp, and the two bandits on the watchtowers.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana heads straight for the leader and fires off a double punch, aiming for the hands in the hope that she drops her axes.

Move, stance, Flurry.
Flurry: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

With his target down, Tyr heads for the bandit leader, slithering around to the opposite side of Sariana. Meanwhile, Deregar shouts a spell to empower his buddy.

Act Together (Tyr: Stride, Deregar: Empower Eidolon), Strike, Strike
jaws: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 for piercing: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14
jaws: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 4 = 15 for piercing: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9


The bandits' leader, Kressle, dodges Sariana's attacks, but Tyr attacks her savagely, taking her out with two powerful bites! As soon as Kressle falls, the other bandits panic, attempting to flee. They don't make it far, though, as you cut off their escape path. They quickly surrender and beg for mercy.

Each of the seven bandits has a silver Stag Lord amulet worth 3 gp. Kressle has a lesser healing potion, 8 gp, and 5 sp.

The bandits’ spoils are hidden under mundane supplies like food, firewood, and tents beneath the eastern watch platform. Their stash currently includes 9 gp, 121 sp, a pair of silver earrings worth 15 gp, a wooden music box worth 8 gp, three crates of furs and pelts worth 5 gp per crate, and 8 bottles of herbal liquor, each worth 2 gp.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

"Tie them up." Sariana says, "I'll watch them tonight. In the morning we take them back to the Trading Post." She doesn't elaborate on their fate, but once they've been recognised as part of the bounty she fully intends to enact the fullness of the law.

"If you want any leniency you'll tell us everything about Kressle and the Stag Lord." She tells the men firmly. "And I can make you talk..."


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

While Sari is glowering over the prisoners, Deregar counts through the wealth.

"I wonder how much of this is Oleg's? Probably impossible to find the owners of some of it, so we should keep it to help or efforts."

Looking over the other supplies, he wonders, "Should we leave these supplies here and take over the camp? I suppose more bandits could come to reclaim it though."


The bandits don't have much to say about Kressle now that she's dead. She was a tough and brutal leader who was good at keeping them in line.

Asking about the Stag Lord, though, draws contemptuous remarks. The bandits have become increasingly dissatisfied with the rule of their master, whose grip on reality seems to be slipping into the bottom of a whiskey cask.

"It’s hard keeping track of who’s working for the boss, so we use a master phrase as a sort of password to get into the fort on the northeast shore of the Tuskwater," one of the bandits says. "Unless it’s been changed recently, the current phrase is, ‘By the bloody bones of Saint Gilmorg, who wants to know?’ And no, I have no idea who ‘Saint Gilmorg’ is."

Missing from the bandits' loot here is Svetlana's wedding ring. When asked about it, the bandit says, "A couple of bags of loot were stolen a while back by a group of filthy gremlins—the annoying little pests live under the old sycamore tree to the east. We were lucky that what they snatched was mostly just copper and some cheap-looking trinkets, otherwise the Stag Lord would have our skins for sure! That ring we took from the trader woman was in there, though, I’m sure of it."


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"Perhaps we could convince those gremlins to part with the bauble. Svetlana was very kind to us, and a great cook," Deregar reflects. "After we drop off these prisoners."


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

After checking everyone over for any injuries, Floare assists in gathering the valuables in the camp. "Yes, we should stay here tonight and head back to the trading post tomorrow," she agrees.

"This 'Stag Lord' sounds like the one we're going to have to deal with when all is said and done."

~~~~

"So I heard you talking to Tandri," she says to Deregar as they settle in for the night. "And it sounds like Tyr is like a 'friend of the family'. Do you know where he's from, originally?" As she converses with the summoner, Dante wanders over and rolls up against Floare. She reaches down and rubs the pup's belly.

"Aren't you getting a little big for belly rubs?" she asks with a smirk.

Of course not. Even when I'm grown up and as big as a horse I'll still want belly rubs. You should get someone to rub your belly. It's very soothing.

"People don't get belly rubs, you silly boy."

Turning to Deragar, she continues her conversation. "I don't know, exactly, where Dante came from. He was given to me in the woods when I was young. I don't really remember much about the giver other than he was very tall and quite intimidating."

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana's sharp ears pick up on the conversation and she shifts a little to make listening in easier, without taking her eyes off the prisoners. She wants to get them back to the Trading Post in one piece, but that doesn't mean they have to have all of their pieces, and it's been a long time since she was able to practise her craft...


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri might not be good with people... unless she is threatening them... but she does understand desires. Well, understand is a strong word. Recognize. Notice. Yes, notice. And she does see them weaving around each of her companions. Understanding what they are exactly is beyond her. But they are there.

She stares a moment, amber eyes wide, at conversations and pointed ears. Happily on the side, tending to supplies while wondering about things.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"He's pretty cagey about it. 'The heart of a volcano,' or 'a forest fire's dying breath,' where the things he told me last time I asked." Deregar smiles. "I just think he's being dramatic. According to my aunt, our family has always had a connection with dragons."

"It doesn't really matter where he, or Dante, come from I think. It matters were we go with them."


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri smiles at the 'forest fire's dying breath'. Tyr might not be furry, but an imagination like that makes up for it... almost.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Floare considers the summoner's words.

"I'm not sure if I entirely agree," she says with a shrug. She looks down at her familiar with fondness. "Something given can be taken away. Dante is my connection with magic," she elaborates. "If my patron decided to take him away, my magic would go with him. So, at least in my case, it behooves me to know who gave him to me and what they want in return."


You rest overnight in the bandits' camp. At one point during the night, you can hear rustling in the undergrowth and catch a glimpse of firelight reflected off of some beast's eyes, but it doesn't approach the campfire. The next day, you escort the captured bandits back to Oleg's Trading Post. It's slower-going with them on foot, and you reach the trading post shortly after nightfall.

When you arrive, you can see three small tents have been set up just south of the stable, in the shadow of the palisade. Four mercenaries have arrived from Brevoy to answer the Levetons' pleas for aid. Their leader approaches and gives you a grim nod.

"Kesten Garess. We're here to keep this trading post safe from the depredations of bandits." He eyes the men you are escorting with a questioning look.

Society - Success! Floare and Tandri know that House Garess is a noble house based in the western part of Brevoy, in the foothills of the Golushkin Mountains. They remember hearing hints of a scandal regarding Kesten that forced him to take up a mercenary's life.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

"These are the remainder of the bandit group that has been hassling the area." Sariana says firmly. "We have returned them here in accordance with the terms of Restov's bounty. Now that you have witnessed them we can proceed with the law."

Unless stopped she swiftly executes each of the bandits with her signature twist.


Kesten nods grimly. "I will ensure Restov hears of your successes. A few more confirmed kills should be enough to secure the bounty they've posted for the bandits.

"The next time you run into some of these brigands, keep an eye out for a Varisian man named Falgrim Sneeg. He's a mercenary who worked with me months ago, until he decided to rob my group and flee into the Greenbelt to become a bandit. I'll arrange a reward for him, either dead or alive, but I'd prefer you catch him alive so I can return him to Restov for proper punishment. Death is too good for that bastard."

New quest added!


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri watches the executions, without showing much in the way of emotion. In her mind, most bandits are bullies and all bullies deserve what is coming to them. But these bullies are not hers (and there were many), so satisfaction is lost as well.

"Um... excuse me, sir." Tandri approaches Kesten after the justice is delivered. "They served a leader named the Stag Lord. Have you heard anything about him?" she knew they already had a bunch of information from the bandits own mouth, but collaboration from a more trusted source would be nice.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"We'll keep our eyes peeled for him. How familiar are you with this area? Obviously we are new here, and if there are any places we should look for smaller groups of bandits, or any dangers you know about that we could avoid, that would be very helpful."

Deregar considers the party's next move as he pumps the mercenaries for information.


”Heard the name Stag Lord. Don’t know much more than that, alas,” Kesten says. ”You’ve probably already learned more about the area by now.”


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"Well, with you here I feel comfortable venturing out to find out more. Take good care of our hosts."

Deregar gathers together the group from the mandate. "That's taken care of, at least for the moment, but it sounds like we've got an infestation of gremlins on our doorstep. Any objections to dealing with them? We can also help repay Svetlana for her hospitality by retrieving her ring."

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

"That seems like a fair trade." Sariana agrees. "You all need to sleep first though. It's been a long few days. We can rest tomorrow and set out the day after if you prefer not to travel at night."

She'd always travel at night if she could, but humans are much less efficient and find darkness difficult.

And watching Floare sleep is surprisingly relaxing, and that couldn't happen if they were walking all night.


"It is the proper thing to do," Valerie says. "Oleg and Svetlana have shown us nothing but kindness thus far."

Amiri scoffs. "Gremlins are far from formidable enemies. But it will be fun giving them a right thrashing!"

You settle down to rest for the night. The next morning, you see that Oleg has posted a new wanted poster in the trading post's courtyard. He and Svetlana also approach you with a couple new tasks to pursue.

New quests added to the log!

At this point, the hex map is open for you to begin exploring. This section uses the hexploration rules. I've marked the location of the Old Sycamore on the map.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

There are only so many rooms in the inn. Any time there is a space issue, the bigger folk look at the smaller folk and decide, Hey Why Don't You Bunk Together. So Linzi and Tandri end up sharing a room. Initially all Tandri wanted to do with her evening is read in solitude, but Linzi is a bit of a talker, so Tandri tried.

diplomacy to influence Linzi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

They got into a topic Tandri loved, Books! They critiqued the warrior mouse of Happenstance, they laughed at their mutual delight about the berry princess and her fuming milk maid, even happily disagreed about whether Paul, in that book, was a hero or a villian.

All in all it was a good night, even if it had to involve talking.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

Sari, out of sheer boredome, challenges Amiri to a drinking contest and thereafter, to a race around the outside of the trading post.

Ath to Influence Amiri: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

The drink doesn't compromise her at all, although she makes it look like it does, and then she outruns the barbarian so much as to complete two laps in Amiri's one. Luckily the drunk barbarian takes it in good spirits.


Linzi chats and laughs with Tandri. By the end of the night, the halfling has warmed up even more to the tiefling. "It's so refreshing to meet somebody who appreciates the arts as much as I do," Linzi says. "I was born in Galt, and I lived in Pitax for several years. Neither place was very welcoming to a storyteller like myself. Here, though, we can write our own story of adventure and triumphing over evil! And maybe once the lands are tamed and we start to build our new nation together, we can make sure to foster a bolstering art scene, as well."

You have gained 1 Influence Point with Linzi.

***

Meanwhile, Sariana runs literal circles around Amiri, impressing the barbarian. "Ha! Well played, Sariana! With moves like that, these bandit and gremlins and such won't stand a chance! We will carve out our legacies here together!"

You have gained 2 Influence Points with Amiri.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Once back at the trading post and out of immediate danger, Floare's curiosity regarding the dark-haired Sariana grows almost unbearable. However, she's aware that just pestering the woman with questions will not be productive, so she turns to the other obvious source of information about vampires - the follower of Urgathoa.

She approaches the elf in the lull after the evening meal and, after exchanging a few pleasantries, delves into deeper territory.

"Since you follow the Pallid Princess," she segues awkwardly, "What can you tell me about vampires?"

Influence Jaethal - Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Deregar keeps to himself for the evening, but he's up early saddling and seeing to the horses.

"Come, let's see what our charter holds! We should head southeast if the directions from those bandits are accurate."


You head southeast to explore the plains near Oleg's Trading Post. This area is still technically part of the Rostland Hinterlands, and you don't find much of interest as you reconnoiter the region. You set up camp and rest peacefully through the night, ready to continue your journey the next day.


Earlier:

Jaethal gives Floare a knowing smile. "Interested, are we? It's a dangerous path you're taking if you choose to pursue it. But that's a decision you'll have to make for yourself, I suppose."

She glances to Sariana, then back to Floare. "There are many types of vampires. They feed on the blood of the living to extend their unnatural lives. It is a curse, or a blessing, depending on your point of view.

"The moroi are the most common type of vampire. Moroi vampires tend to place great importance on maintaining an appearance of civility and high class, and as such spend a great deal of effort in refining their personal appearance. Moroi also view hunting for sustenance—as opposed to hunting for sport or revenge—as beneath them; instead, they feed by creating enticing environments that will draw their prey to them.

"Is that enough? Or do you wish to know more? I am a veritable wellspring of knowledge about such matters." The elf chuckles.

You have gained 1 Influence Point with Jaethal.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

"I'll make a library, and you get a printing press." Tandri tells Linzi earlier with whimsical hope in her voice. At camp, she fishes out ingredients from her magic bag, hovering over the shoulder of more experienced cooks.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

'More experienced cook' is not a title that Sariana deserves and so she stays away from the cooking. Apart from Deregar most of the others in the group know her secret now so there's less need to pretend and even his lack of interest/observation won't hold for ever, so once everyone is occupied with bowls of stew she gets right along with it.

"Deregar. I'm a vampire. I have no interest in draining your blood or otherwise threatening you."

This should be interesting.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Deregar chokes on his bite of stew and starts coughing. "Ehm, ehm. Sorry, something stuck in my throat. Oh! Throats." Deregar unconsciously puts a hand to his neck, then forces it back down to his lap.

"Well...it takes all kinds!" With a nervous smile, he tries to go back to his meal.

What secrets do our companions have? I suppose that Sariana is not as much of a threat to me if she is revealing her nature.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

"I wouldn't have told you if I wanted your blood." Sariana says, unintentionally parroting Deregar's thoughts. "It's better that you know from me. We have worked together well so far and I trust we can continue to do so." With her piece said she passes her bowl to Tandri and gives up the pretence of needing to eat human food.


The next morning, you head southwest into hilly terrain. Spending time to reconnoiter the region, you come upon a rocky crag that juts from the hills. At the crag's base, Sariana and Tandri spot a 5-foot-wide crack. The crack opens into a 20-foot-deep crevice that widens into a 30-foot-diameter cave.

The cave wall directly opposite the entrance sparkles slightly. A closer investigation reveals that this is a vein of gold ore! While you don't have the resources right now to tap this vein, it might prove useful later when you begin to build your kingdom.

This hex doubles the output of a Mine established here with the Establish Work Site activity.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Deregar can barely contain his excitement about the find. "Look at all that! This is a rich land! We should work to secure and keep this site safe as soon as we can; I'm sure that it will bring us great riches, in time."

Tyr slithers down into the cave and runs his claws over the vein of gold ore.

On to the Sycamore after we camp?


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri looks beside the summoner's arm, down into the deep golden crack. "We shouldn't tell anyone." the timid at times pink dwarf says quickly. "Even those of our party back at the trading post. Gold makes people, even bookish little author's with a dream, do odd things." she imagines Linzi with a butcher knife screaming about my precious pretties, for some reason. "Once everything is settled... only then." her amber eyes look to each, with equal worry and avarice.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"You're right about that." Deregar's eyes are very intense as he looks at the ore. "Let's keep this to ourselves."


After camping again that night, you head southeast. Looming over the hills in this area, a graying hulk of a sycamore tree clings precariously to its last years of life. The 100-foot-tall tree stands as a known landmark and is visible for miles around.

Hidden amid the ancient sycamore's roots, you discover a hidden entrance: a root-lined shaft that drops 10 feet down to the middle of a tunnel. The tunnel is sized for small creatures.

"It appears that it is going to be a tight squeeze for most of us," Valerie says with a frown.

"Bah. I've been in smaller spaces before, and still was able to slaughter my enemies easily," Amiri boasts.

"It shouldn't be an issue for me, at least," Linzi observes. "Still, it might be best if only one of us accompanies you, due to the tight confines."

Which companion would you like to accompany you?


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

"I think you're the obvious choice," Floare says to Linzi as Dante continues to 'investigate' the base of the tree.

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 22/22
Current Focus: 2/2
Current Effects: n/a
Focus Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - blood ward

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - guidance, healing plaster, produce flame, protect companion, tanglefoot
1 - DC 17 - heal, summon animal, magic fang


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"Valerie and Amiri: Can you guard our backs? We don't want any gremlins dropping down behind us as we squeeze through that tunnel."

Deregar limbers up and hops down into the hole.


Amiri and Valerie take up defensive positions as Linzi accompanies you into the tunnel. The ceiling is only 5 feet high, and much of the uppermost foot is a tangle of roots and dangling fungus, meaning that the rest of you have to stoop awkwardly as you walk.

Medium-sized creatures take a –1 circumstance penalty on attack rolls and are clumsy 1 within the lair.

The tunnel opens up into a room. Three tiny crude wooden workbenches occupy the center of this room, their tops strewn with various little tools, metal and wooden hardware, and blocks of wood.

A pair of warty, blue-skinned mitflits are here. They are taking turns using a strange device, firing marbles at one another’s open mouth with a miniature catapult rigged out of bones and branches. The goal seems to be who can get the most marbles into the other’s mouth before they run out of marbles; since each mitflit usually swallows the marble when a hit is scored, they’re running out relatively quickly.

As soon as they spot you, though, one of the mitflits shrieks and draws a shortsword! The other one raises the marble launcher towards you!

Initiative:
Deregar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Floare: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Sariana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Tandri: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Enemies: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Tandri may act first.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri is fascinated by the game but thought it would be much more enjoyable with chocolate balls instead of marbles. At first, when the launcher is aimed at them, she thought out loud "Oh, they want us to play, as well..." but then the tiny sword is drawn and she realizes she was wrong and felt dumb. She reaches out with her powers to hurt them because of that.

daze(dc 18 vs will) on the launching mitflit, crossbow at the other one

crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
damage: 1d10 ⇒ 9


Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

The gremlin doesn't even flinch at Tandri's spell, and her crossbow bolt goes wide. The mitflit raises the marble launcher and fires them at the cleric!

Meanwhile, the other mitflit moves up to slash at Tyr, nicking the eidolon's scales.

Shortsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 151d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

"To battle, friends! Let's go!" Linzi shouts encouragingly. She grabs a sharpened root with telekinesis and hurls it at the mitflit attacking Tyr.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

1 slashing damage to Tyr. Tandri must attempt a DC 16 Reflex save against Launch Marbles. Inspire courage adds a +1 status bonus on attack and damage rolls.

Launch Marbles:
Success: The creature is unaffected.
Failure: The creature is distracted by the marbles and is clumsy 2 until the end of its next turn.
Critical Failure: As failure, but one of the marbles hits the creature somewhere sensitive, causing 1d6 nonlethal bludgeoning damage.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

Flurry: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 1 = 101d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 1 = 241d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Sariana moves with reasonable grace in the confined area and attacks the mitflit distracted by Tyr.

Move, stance, flurry.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Tandri dodges the marble with surprising ease (surprising mostly to herself). As she quickly reloads her crossbow, her tail brushes against Deregar's leg, sending shivers of encouragement throughout his body.

two actions reload, one action casting guidance on Deregar, the tail part is just flavor, she's not using her tail as an extra hand, yet.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

With quick words of magic, Floare summons a small ball of fire in her hand and flings it towards the more distant gremlin.

{A}{A}Product Flame Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 1 + 1 = 9
Produce Flame Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 22/22
Current Focus: 2/2
Current Effects: n/a
Focus Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - blood ward

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - guidance, healing plaster, produce flame, protect companion, tanglefoot
1 - DC 17 - heal, summon animal, magic fang


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Deregar encourages Tyr while the dragon attacks the marble-launching mite.

Act Together (Deregar: Boost Eidolon, Tyr: Stride), Strike Strike

Jaws: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16 for piercing: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8
Claws: 1d20 + 9 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 4 + 1 = 10 for slashing: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11


Sariana grabs the wounded mitflit's neck and snaps it in a brutal blow, killing the gremlin! Tyr moves in to attack the second mitflit, scoring a hit, while Floare misses with her flame.

The mitflit shrieks and turns to flee, rushing down a slope to the southwest. The slope quickly becomes a vertical shaft, and the gremlin scrambles down it without missing a beat!

Out of combat. The 30-foot-deep shaft's walls are thick with hanging roots, so creatures can Climb this shaft with a successful DC 5 Athletics check. A second slope down to the northeast leads to a different location.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"Not good! He's going to raise the whole place against us!" Deregar sushes to the edge of the slope to see if he can still see the little guy.

301 to 350 of 977 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Kingmaker 2E: Table 1 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.