DM Brainiac’s Kingmaker 2E: Table 1

Game Master Brainiac

Hex Map
Kingdom Sheet


351 to 400 of 978 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana doesn't hesitate, swinging into the shaft and scrambling downwards at speed.

Ath: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

"We should really go after her," Floare suggests. If no one else heads into the opening right away, she bundles Dante up in her cloak and does her best attempt to descend, rather than fall.

Athletics vs DC 15: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 22/22
Current Focus: 2/2
Current Effects: n/a
Focus Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - blood ward

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - guidance, healing plaster, produce flame, protect companion, tanglefoot
1 - DC 17 - heal, summon animal, magic fang


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"Down we go!" Deregar and Tyr scramble down.

Athletics (Deregar): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Athleticcs (Tyr): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri stands over the shaft, looking down with a not-so-happy look. A look she shares with her one remaining companion, Linzi "I am not great at climbing." she says anxiously "Which means I should go first, so I don't crush you when I tumbling down into a pink puddle." she grumbles softly a bit before grasping a root firmly in her hands and starts her descent.

athletics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Slow and steady (the dwarven way) gets her down without falling and killing the entire party on the way down.


You clamber down the shaft in pursuit of the mitflit. Thick tangles of long, pallid roots obscure the walls of this egg-shaped cavern. To the east, the chamber opens into a wide, root-filled chasm.

A group of of six mitflits joyously torment a captured kobold—one of four black-scaled kobolds who have been tied into the roots along the walls. The other three already hang limply by their bonds, dead from the mitflits’ torment. The last kobold shrieks in pain as the six mitflits take turns poking it with sharp sticks—each shriek eliciting a fresh wave of giggles and cheers from the mitflits.

They look up as the mitflit who fled from you reaches them. She turns and levels her sword at you, bolstered by the other gremlins' presence. She shrieks something in Undercommon, and the other six mitflits draw their own swords!

Initiative:
Deregar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Floare: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Sariana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Tandri: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Enemies: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Sariana may act first.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana, who dislikes the mitflits already and never approves of such amateurish torture methods, strides directly towards the nearest creature and lashes out at it.

Flurry: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 1 = 191d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 161d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Stunning Fist if either hit.


Sariana strikes the wounded mitflit twice, taking her down. The other mitflits swarm her though, stabbing her with their swords or hurling darts at her. The monk is badly injured!

Shortswords: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 51d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 51d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 21d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Darts: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 31d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 21d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

29 total damage to Sariana.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

The vampire hisses and lashes out all around her before falling back from the tiny dangers!

Flurry. Strike: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d20 ⇒ 21d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Tyr breaths fire on the mites while Deregar strengthens him, then the dragon takes a snap at one of the creatures.

◆◆Act Together (Deregar: Boost Eidolon, Tyr: Breath Weapon). ◆Strike

Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 5
30-foot cone. DC 18 Basic Reflex

jaws: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 for piercing: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

Breath Recharge: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

harm: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Tandri wills Sariana's torn flesh back together, somewhat, as she starts to reload her crossbow.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Floare aims and fires with her own crossbow and then reloads.

{A} Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Crossbow Damage - P: 1d8 ⇒ 7

{A} Reload

{A} Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Crossbow Damage - P: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 22/22
Current Focus: 2/2
Current Effects: n/a
Focus Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - blood ward

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - guidance, healing plaster, produce flame, protect companion, tanglefoot
1 - DC 17 - heal, summon animal, magic fang


Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Floare's first crossbow bolt strikes a mitflit between the eyes! As he falls, she reloads and shoots another one. Linzi begins an inspiring chant before hurling a rock at the wounded mitflit, taking him out as well.

Sariana flails about her but fails to land a hit. Tandri tends to her wounds as the half-elf falls back.

Reflex vs Breath Weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Tyr exhales a blast of burning fire! One gremlin completely avoids the blast, but the others are scorched. Tyr attacks the healthy gremlin, taking it out with a critical hit!

The remaining mitflits flee to the east, towards a deep chasm that splits the passage. They clamber along tangled roots that hang along the walls, reaching the other side and continuing into the darkness beyond.

The kobold the mitflits had been torturing groans as he hangs from his bonds.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri looks at the tears still obvious in Sariana's flesh, which are bad but not life threatening at the moment. "They retreat, they get more numbers, we fight, and that repeats until there are too many of them. Eventually." Tandri says aloud sullenly. She's not a tactician by any stretch, but even she can see that.

After her cursory look at Sariana's wounds, the dwarf goes to look at the kobold. "Are you okay?" she asks, pulling out her healing kit to work on his worse injuries. Her tail curling through his toes.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

"Or we kill them until they break for good." Sariana replies, looking into the darkness beyond. "Sort the lizard out. I'll stand watch."

Battle Med: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d8 ⇒ 5

She's able to repair a little of the damage while she waits, her vampiric form healing much faster than would be possible for a mortal.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Tyr slithers over to the kobold. "How are you, little one?" The dragon hisses.


Once the kobold is free, he falls to his knees and prostrates himself before Tyr. "Thank you, mighty dragon! Thank you! I am hurt, but I will survive," he chirps in Draconic. "I am Mikmek, warrior of the Sootscale kobolds. I have come on a quest to rescue my clan's holy statue from these nasty blue mitflits. I promise to give you many treasures if you help me complete my sacred quest!"

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

"We press on and destroy them then." Sariana says once the translation is provided. "Tandri, I would like your help please. Some of these deeper punctures need stitching before my body can heal them. You can use my needle and thread if need be."


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Floare starts to speak up, but then holds her tongue. Having seen Tandri's abilities, she knows the dwarf is a much more skilled healer than she is.

She busies herself with reloading her crossbow, content to wait for the others to be ready to move on.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"We will assist you, if you promise to aid us in the future, and not interfere with the settlers in the area." Deregar speaks up from behind Tyr. "Can you tell us how the gremlins captured your statue?"

He hopes to entertain the creature while the group recovers from injuries.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri nods and moves over to the rent open vampire with her kit. "I have my own, but thank you." Pulling out her needle and thread, she starts to stitch flesh back together. "Needle work was taught in temple since it can be used for a variety of things. Creating beauty, repairing torn cloth and flesh, or simply for pain." she says as she works, repeating her lessons, letting the memory of them bolster her stitching

heal with guidance: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22
healing: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 3) = 11

When she is done, she inspects her needle work. Nodding, she finally looks up at the vampire "Almost perfect." she admits, there is still a stiffness to the ends, plus a tiny gap there. One can see the flaws in their own work more than any others.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

Since I shorted myself a dice I'm back to full health thanks to Tandri, even if my extra die is a one.

"Quite the surgeon." Sariana says with a grin. Then, moved by a spirit of mischief, she puts one cold hand under Tandri's chin, pulls her gaze away from the stitches and kisses the dwarf briefly on the lips. She doesn't hold on long, taking just enough time to run her tongue provocatively across Tandri's pink lips before pulling back.

"Time to move on!" She commands, all business once more.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

As the kiss touches her lips, Tandri's amber eyes blaze like mini campfires and the very air around her heats up. Her demon blood enflame the nethers of anyone with any inclination to physical lusts, briefly and in truth weakly since her blood is mixed with the ponderous mountains of dwarven kind. But the tug is there and is obvious.

When released "Oh" is all she can say, slightly disappointed, slightly liquidly, and then more than slightly mortified at both the other slightlies.

Gathering her stuff quickly, she moves behind the others, hiding behind Tyr even more than normal.


"The mitflits are sneaky!" Mikmek bemoans. "They sneaked into our lair and steal the holy statue! But now, we will get it back!"

You head to the chasm that splits the passage. The chasm is a few yards wide and twice as deep, but tangled roots fill the entire area. The passage continues on the far side, and between the two ledges, loops have been tied to serve as handholds.

Before you can start to cross the chasm, though, you head a hissing noise coming from its depths. A few moment later, an immense, 25-foot-long centipede clambers up the wall, undulating up to attack you! Two long, thin tails whip behind it!

Initiative:
Deregar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Floare: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Sariana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Tandri: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Enemies: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

The centipede moves in and whips its tails at Tyr, knocking him prone!

Mandibles, Tail: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

12 damage to Tyr and he is knocked prone. Everybody may act. The centipede is 10 feet away from Tyr as it has reach.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana leaps in while the tails are engaged and punches the centipede in the face!

Flurry: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 1 = 161d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Fort saves DC15 on a hit.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2

With extreme luck on her side, Tandri manages to fire a bolt between armored plates, bot deep but still a great shot. Bolstered, she then reloads.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Tyr regains his feet as Deregar slings a spell at the bug. Then the dragon retreats, for now.

Act Together (Cast ray of frost, Stand), Stride

ray of frost: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 for cold: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

A matching crossbow bolt sings out from Floare as well.

{A} Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Crossbow Damage - P: 1d8 ⇒ 2

{A} Reload

{A} Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Crossbow Damage - P: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 22/22
Current Focus: 2/2
Current Effects: n/a
Focus Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - blood ward

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - guidance, healing plaster, produce flame, protect companion, tanglefoot
1 - DC 17 - heal, summon animal, magic fang


AoO vs Sariana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 231d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Fortitude vs Stun: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

The centipede whips its tail at Sariana as she closes with it, battering the vampire. She scores a good hit, but it resists her stun. Tandri's crossbow bolt lodges in the insect's body, but Floare's bolts and Deregar's icy ray sail harmlessly past.

The centipede focuses its ire on Sariana, biting with its mandibles. The monk narrowly dodges, but the centiepede's tails whip around to smack her again and knock her off of her feet.

Mandibles, Tail: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 171d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

21 total damage to Sariana and she is knocked prone.

Enemy Status:
-13

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

The monk uses her prone position to kick the centipede repeatedly, before rolling back to her feet once more.

Flurry, Strike: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 201d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 91d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"Get back in there, Tyr!" Deregar encourages his eidolon. Tyr, wary of the bug's whip-like tails, approaches carefully and bites at it.

Act Together (Deregar: boost eidolon, Tyr: Stride), Step, Strike

jaws: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 for piercing: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri sends negative energy into Sariana as her mind notes the fact the vampire doesn't bleed much is a good thing, otherwise her cloths would have been ruined long ago.

harm: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
damage: 1d10 ⇒ 9

Then she lifts her heavy crossbow up and fires another bolt into the creature.


Sariana punches the centipede hard. Tandri hits it with another crossbow bolt, then Tyr bites the giant bug to finish it off!

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

"That was probably their secret weapon." Sariana opinions, heaving the corpse back into the chasm from whence it came. "We should press on, use our advantage now that they're afraid."

Setting the tone she sprints towards the chasm and leaps, easily clearing the few feet of gap and landing as lightly as a cat on the far side.

"Come along girls and boys, let's not keep them waiting!"


One the far side of the chasm is a large room. In the center of this room stands a rickety table held together with twine, covered with a filthy checkered tablecloth and heaped with mounds of dirt, twigs, and gravel, apparently arranged to form some sort of map. At the edge of the map, weighing down a scrap of paper, rests a bloodstained ivory statuette of what looks like a crouching reptilian devil. A bulging burlap sack sits under the table.

A mitflit with a particularly unsightly scattering of pimples decorating his face and tongue sits mounted on the back of a stocky tunnel tick the size of a bugbear. The mitflits who fled the other room cower behind them. The lead gremlin levels his trident and commands the tick forward to attack!

Initiative:
Deregar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Floare: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Sariana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Tandri: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Enemies: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Everybody but Deregar may act! The enemies are 20 feet away from Sariana, and 30 feet away from everybody else. The 10-foot-wide chasm can be cleared with a DC 15 Athletics check to Long Jump, or a DC 5 Athletics check to Climb across the handholds.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana slides easily into a fighting stance, extends one hand and mockingly beckons the mephit boss forwards.

Readied Flurry: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 161d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 271d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
DC15 fort save on a hit or be stunned 1.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri reaches up, pressing her hand against the small of her back and prays for violence against that giant tick, which is just wrong for it to exist in the world.

Casting magic weapon on Sari: +1 striking weapon, gaining a +1 item bonus to attack rolls and increasing the number of weapon damage dice to two.

Then she lines up a shot with her heavy crossbow and fires at the bloated mount.

crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
damage: 1d10 ⇒ 1


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Floare lowers her loaded crossbow and begins her summoning spell. At the conclusion of which a twin of the creature they'd just defeated appears.

{A}{A}{A} Summon Animal - Giant Centipede

Giant Centipede Mandible Attack vs Giant Tick: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Mandible Damage - P: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Giant Centipede Venom (poison) Saving Throw DC 14 Fortitude; Maximum Duration 6 rounds; Stage 1 1d6 poison damage (1 round); Stage 2 1d8 poison damage and flat-footed (1 round) Stage 3 1d12 poison damage, clumsy 1, and flat-footed (1 round)

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 22/22
Current Focus: 2/2
Current Effects: n/a
Focus Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - blood ward

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - guidance, healing plaster, produce flame, protect companion, tanglefoot
1 - DC 17 - heal, summon animal, magic fang


Fortitude vs Venom: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Poison Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Linzi begins an inspiring chant as Floare summons a centipede. It sinks its mandibles into the giant tick's side, injecting it with venom. Tandri grazes it with a crossbow bolt as Sariana readies herself.

The mitflit leader commands its mount to ignore the centipede and move in on Sariana.

Command Animal DC 14: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

The tick obediently scuttles forward, and Sariana explodes into action. She lands a solid hit on the mitflit leader, but he manages to avoid being stunned.

Fortitude vs Stun: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The mitflit angrily attacks Sariana with his trident, seeking vengeance!

Trident: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 251d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Damage, Vengeful Anger: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

7 piercing damage to Sariana.

Enemy Status:
Grabbles -7, Tickleback -8

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana grins as the leader barely scratches her. She feints and then pins the trident under one arm and fires rapid punches into the mitflit's face with her other hand.

Deception, Feint: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Flurry, Strike: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 261d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 212d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 = 142d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 = 142d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Falling back on that which is most reliable, Floare fires a pair of bolts at the giant tick.

{A} Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Crossbow Damage - P: 1d8 ⇒ 6

{A} Reload

{A} Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Crossbow Damage - P: 1d8 ⇒ 6

~~~~

While the giant centipede continues its assault.

Giant Centipede Mandible Attack vs Giant Tick: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Mandible Damage - P: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Giant Centipede Venom (poison) Saving Throw DC 14 Fortitude; Maximum Duration 6 rounds; Stage 1 1d6 poison damage (1 round); Stage 2 1d8 poison damage and flat-footed (1 round) Stage 3 1d12 poison damage, clumsy 1, and flat-footed (1 round)

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 22/22
Current Focus: 2/2
Current Effects: n/a
Focus Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - blood ward

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - guidance, healing plaster, produce flame, protect companion, tanglefoot
1 - DC 17 - heal, summon animal, magic fang


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Deregar sends Tyr scurrying across the gap to attack from the opposite side of the giant tick.

Act Together (Deregar: cast boost eidolon, Tyr: Climb), Stride, Strike
Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

jaws: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 for piercing: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri sends a round of healing into Tyr, while she loads her crossbow for another shot.

heal, Try: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


With Linzi inspiring you, you fight strong against the enemies. Tyr sinks his fangs deep into the giant tick, ripping its legs from its body! The centipede’s venom wracks the oversized arthropod, which collapses. Before the mitflit leader can even shriek in fury, Sariana shatters his skull with a flurry of punches! The other mitflits wail and flee, and this time, you’re fairly certain that they will not be coming back.

The ivory statuette depicts a crouching horned devil. Mikmek chirps excitedly when he sees the statue. ”There is is! Sacred statue of Old Sharptooth, mightiest of winged kobolds! We must bring it back to Sootscale tribe!”

The paper weighed down by the statuette is an accounting of the status of the war between the mitflits and the kobolds, as defined by key pieces of stolen treasure. Written in charcoal in Undercommon, the paper consists of two columns, one labeled “Us” and one labeled “Them.” The “Us” column lists only two things: “kobold statue” and “lots of spears and coins.” The “Them” column lists “magic dust,” “lots of coins,” and “shiny human ring.” The burlap sack contains the mitflits’ treasure, much of which they looted from slain kobolds. It holds 12 spearheads, 193 cp, 120 sp, and 8 gp.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

"How far away is your tribe?" Tandri asks, wondering if it is worth healing Sariana with magic or waiting for her wounds to stop swelling enough to for proper stiches.

an hour right before we can use medicine on Sari, but Tandri does have one more harm she can use.

Looking at the well documented list she notices the ring "We'd like that as the reward." she tells Mikmek.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"Yes, if you give us the ring, we'll add it to our hoard." Deregar is also happy to hoist the rest of the mitflit loot.

Dark Archive

| HP 36/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 0/1 | Active Conditions:

Sari seems uninterested in her wounds as she shoves the tick down the chasm as well and picks up the statue.

"Tell him I'll carry it out unless he wants to." She says to Deregar, or possibly Tyr, and then sashays over to Tandri.

"Thanks for keeping me going cutie." She says, trailing one cold finger down Tandri's warm arn. "Nice to have someone watching my back again. Or is that not what you were watching?"


"Sootscale caverns not far," Mikmek says. "A day's travel to the southeast. You will have to ask Chief Sootscale, but he will be happy to get statue back, so will likely say yes to giving you the ring!"

You spend a few minutes exploring the cramped chambers beneath the sycamore tree, but you don't discover any more items of interest. You return to the surface to inform Amiri and Valerie about what has transpired.

"Returning the statue to the Sootscales may go a long way towards forging friendly relations with the kobolds," Valerie says. Amiri nods her assent.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri colors quite a bit, pink to a light rose. "I... um..." not knowing how to respond to that, is it flirting, or playing with one's food? Or just what people do? Since she is mentally floundering she concentrates on what she knows "Uh, your wounds!" she eagerly grabs hold of as a lifeline and floods Sariana with negative energy one last time for the day.

harm: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Then she retreats quickly to behind Floare "I thought she was after you" she whispers to the other woman anxiously.

She stays out of the kobold discussion, having ingrained racial prejudices that she dislikes having since she is also an ingrained racial prejudice of her people. So just in case (and cause she dislikes talking in general), she keeps her mouth shut.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20
Tandri Rumblespark wrote:
Then she retreats quickly to behind Floare "I thought she was after you" she whispers to the other woman anxiously.

"That's what I ..." Floare starts to respond to Tandri and then shakes her head with a frown. "I'm not sure what she's after. Perhaps she simply likes to flirt."

The witch pushes down the small bit of turmoil that threatens from deep inside. It must be the result of foul odors from within the gremlin's caves, because it couldn't possibly be jealousy.

"So we're heading to the southeast, then, yes?" she offers to the rest of the group.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"I agree. An alliance will be in to all of our benefits. Kobolds can make a nuisance of themselves, but they are quite useful creatures."

Diplomacy (Influence Valerie?): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

I figure we'll have time somewhere on this trip to the Sootscale burrow.

351 to 400 of 978 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Kingmaker 2E: Table 1 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.