DM Brainiac’s Kingmaker 2E: Table 1

Game Master Brainiac

Hex Map
Kingdom Sheet


451 to 500 of 984 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Floare:
Whatever response Sariana expected it seems that this wasn't it. The vampire withdraws smoothly, a frown marring her fine skin.

"Enjoy your game then." She says flatly, before turning on her heel.

Harrim's dour acceptance of misfortune is actually quite grating to Sariana. Not only does he have no sense of humor but there's no spine to the dwarf. Hmm.... that would be interesting to examine.

The vampire tunes the rest of the conversation out, retreating into her wide hood to consider exactly what the dwarf's spine would look like and what purpose it might be put to.

But Floare wouldn't like that.

That treasonous thought makes Sariana frown. Why should she care about that?

But you do. The thought continues, and Sariana finds she can't deny it. How vexing.

And now the dwarf is coming with them... wonderful.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri wraps her hands together behind her back, to keep them from fidgeting, and says "H-Hi" to the other dwarf.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

She smiles, awkward, but still nice "You are, um, welcome, to join us. Not that you need permission, you have the same..." she does realize she is rambling a bit, so stops. Smiles again, then goes to hide.


Harrim places a hand on Tandri's shoulder. "Calm, lass. You need not be awkward around me. We are kin, you and I. I'm happy to speak to a fellow dwarf. It will make my remaining time more pleasant before the world comes to an end. We will talk at length later, I am sure."

You have gained 1 Influence Point with Harrim.

***

As you explore this region of the woods, you notice a pair of small nests in the branches of a fir tree, about 40 feet above the ground. You think you hear the sounds of faint whispers and giggles, but the source is not apparent.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tadnri jumps at the contact,but looks rather grateful at his words, especially the acknowledgment that she is a dwarf "My kin... they never wanted me to exist." her tail sways back and forth as a pleasing warmth radiates up his hand. "So Thank You." she smiles brightly.

------

"Giggling nests?" Tandri's voice wonders aloud, as she readies her crossbow.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Deregar motions Tyr to climb up the tree and see what's in the nest. He share his senses with the dragon to let everyone in the party know what's up there.

Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana, both experienced and suspicious, frowns.

"Fey I'd imagine." She says softly to the group. "That might be good, or very bad."


Tyr easily clambers up into the tree. Through the eidolon's eyes, Deregar can see the nests appear to be empty, save for a few shiny baubles and trinkets. However, after a moment, the air shimmers as a tiny dragon apears! He has blue and yellow scales and colorful butterfly wings, and he looks up at Tyr with wide eyes.

"Cousin! Hee hee! What are you doing here?" the tiny dragon chirps happily. "And why are you hanging out with these silly bigginses?"

Arcana - Sucess! Deregar recognizes the little creature as a faerie dragon. Faerie dragons usually exhibit pleasant and good-natured temperaments, though they have a mischievous streak that leads them to play tricks on those around them.


Tandri Rumblespark wrote:
Tandri jumps at the contact, but looks rather grateful at his words, especially the acknowledgment that she is a dwarf "My kin... they never wanted me to exist." her tail sways back and forth as a pleasing warmth radiates up his hand. "So Thank You." she smiles brightly.

Harrim's mouth tugs upward in the hint of a grin. "I know that feeling well. I was shunned as a youth for my own failures. It was not until Groetus began to whisper in my mind that I felt a clarity of purpose. I was never truly exiled, but I was missed by very few when I finally left home to spread the word of my god. So it seems we are kin, in more ways than one, lass."


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Tyr says, "They are extremely amusing, and I have one of them under my care. What are you doing in these woods? Is there anything of interest in the area."

Deregar informs the others that there are faerie dragons up in the tree.

Assume I have some cool white eyeballs action from sharing my senses!


"My name's Perlivash. I live here!" the faerie dragon says with a giggle. "Me and my good friend, Tyg. Oh, Tyg!"

The air shimmers beside the dragon as another creature appears. This one is a cat-sized fey with the upper body of a waifish humanoid and the lower body of a cricket. She waves. "Hi! Tyg-Titter-Tut, pleased to meet you!"

"The bigginses are very amusing!" Perlivash agrees with Tyr. "They are fun to play pranks on. There were a bunch of mean ones living nearby, though, but I think somebody chased them away."

"There's lots of interesting places nearby!" Tyg-Titter-Tut says. "There's the radish patch to the east, the hot springs to the southwest, and the old elk temple to the southeast! So fun to explore!"


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"Ah, they were making a nuisance of themselves, so my friends drove them away. If we find any other groups, would you like us to tell you about them, so you can liven things up?"

At the base of the tree, Deregar continues to narrate the exchange, "It sounds like there is a hot springs to the southwest, and oh! the fey mentioned an 'elk temple' to the southeast. I bet that it what Jhod was looing for."


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

"I like that" Tandri answers Harrim's kinship, rocking slighlty from toe to heel in pleasure. Their stories were very similar just with the specifics changing.

---

For the fey, Tandri doesn't know what to make of them. But it seems like Tyr has them well in hand. Hells, he could swallow them both if he didn't, so both would be fine.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

The wolf-pup barks in excitement when the fey reveal themselves. "Hush, Dante," Floare cautions with a grin. "We have no wish to insult the fairy folk." She looks up towards the miniature dragon and its companion.

"We've heard that there's a peculiar bear protecting the temple, is there anything you can tell us of it?" she asks.


"Yes! The bear is big and mean!" Tyg-Titter-Tut says. "It looks like it is part plant or something. It does not like my music!"

"We try to stay away from that place so we don't provoke the bear," Perlivash says.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

"West to the springs and then head east on our way back to the trading post." Sarianna suggests. "Might be worth setting a trap or something for the bear too."


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

"If it doesn't like music, Linzi could lure it into one... as long as the trap holds it, that is." Tandri looks over to the halfling, imagining a plant bear crushing her into jam. The dwarf girl shakes her head to dispell that fantasy, since she has no reason to wish pain on the pleasant bard.

Just habit really.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

"Does anyone know how to set a trap?" Floare questions. "But, yes, we can head west."


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

"Don't we, um, dig a big hole and cover it with leaves?" Tandri's ignorance on the subject is pretty evident.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"How do people usually react to your music, Tyg?" The dragon says, with a smile on his face.

"It could be interesting to visit that hot springs. My auntie always said that they have healing properties." Deregar reflects.

I'm good with that route: hotsprings, temple, back to Oleg's.


"They usually laugh, and dance, and clap!" Tyg says. She rubs her legs together, creating a catchy, fiddling tune! Perlivash laughs and flies around the tree, doing rolls and flips in time to the melody.

"Anyway, good luck out there! Come back and visit any time!" The tiny fey and dragon wave to you.

"Oh, they are so adorable! Can we keep them?" Linzi says, eyes wide.

"I fear their inexhaustible cheerfulness would get tiring very quickly," Jaethal remarks.

***

The next day, you head west to explore the woods further. Here, you come upon the body of a man crushed by fallen logs. At first glance, it appears he was a trapper who overstepped his skill and was pinned to the ground when several large logs in a partially completed deadfall trap collapsed on him. A closer inspection reveals that the deadfall’s ropes have been deliberately cut. You can collect the dead man's cold iron hatchet, three cured beaver pelts (worth 1 gp each), a skinning knife, and a set of leatherworkers' tools.

From there, you move southwest, coming across the hot springs the pair mentioned. The two springs bubble at the source of the Skunk River, filling the surrounding area with the distinctive odor of rotten eggs. Despite the smell, the hot springs are rather pleasant to relax in. The springs overflow into the surrounding valley, forming a broad, swampy pond surrounding the source.

A pair of aggressive giant frogs dwell here, but you drive them off with little trouble. The springs are yours to do with as you will.

As you reflect on your recent experiences, you feel stronger...

Everybody is now level 3!


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"Ah, the smell is no treat, but the warmth of the water drives away care!" Deregar relaxes and Tyr frolics in the water, enjoying the heat on his draconic scales.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana seems to find the smell much worse than everyone else, and since the swamp lacks any cover she can't try the pools anyway. So she lurks on the edge of the area in the shade and stays out of the sunshine.

Gradually her strength is returning, although she hasn't been feeding regularly she's been getting more blood than she had for years and her body is beginning to recover its old strength, speed and toughness.

"Time to head back east." She says once the rest of the group is done. "See if we can track down that temple."


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri is intrigued. Shy still, but ignoring the hedonist pleasure of a nice hot soak seemed too much of a Sin to her faith. Like a timid flower she takes off all but her thin chamois. Dipping a toe, then a calf, a thigh, then all of her lowered into the springs, bring a sound out of her lips that was not even close to being wholesome.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Watching both Deregar and Tandri brave the exquisite heat, Floare gives a sideways glance towards Sariana before stripping down to her smallclothes and slipping into the sulphurous water, keeping one arm over her chest. While not as evocative as the dwarf's moan, her sigh indicates how much she enjoys the experience.

Dante, however, seems content to sit by the monk's side, clearly not a fan of this sort of bath.


Neither Harrim, Jaethal, nor Valerie have much interest in a soak in the hot springs. They remain on guard with Sariana. Amiri and Linzi happily join the rest of the party in the warm waters, though. "Ah! I could definitely get used to this!" Amiri declares as the water bubbles around her.

Eventually, you emerge, dry off, and continue your explorations to the east. Following Perlivash's and Tyg's directions, you make your way into the deepest parts of the forest. A thick tangle of brambles gives way to a large clearing in the woods, its border partially defined by ruined stone pillars. The western face of the clearing is dominated by a looming mass of rock, nearly 300 feet across and rising to a moss-topped height of 100 feet at the center. The side of the towering escarpment facing the clearing has been carved in the likeness of an immense elk, its antlers drooping down from its weathered face to frame a 50-foot-wide cave entrance. A flight of stone steps leads up to this entrance from the forest clearing—the steps and the elk face both seem quite old and are thickly encrusted with moss. A 50-foot-long oval pool in the middle of the clearing contains water thick with algae.

A handsome man in blue and white robes kneels before the pool in prayer. When he notices you, though, he gets to his feet and turns to you. The man has long, blonde hair and brilliant blue eyes, and he smiles warmly as he raises a holy symbol of Sarenrae. "Blessings of the Dawnflower upon you, travelers. My name is Tristian. This place has been cursed by a powerful magical affliction, and a great beast guards it. You seem like the capable sort. Perhaps we should pursue a joint venture? I'll hang back, support you with healing magic, and help determine what sort of magic is oppressing this place. In return, you can provide the muscle needed to deal with the dangerous guardian. Does that sound amenable?"


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"A pleasure to meet you, Tristan. I'm Deregar. My companions and I have a charter to clear these lands, so your plan fits nicely with ours." Deregar looks the priest over. "You don't happen to be a talented trapper, do you? We head stories of the bear in the temple even miles away. Most of us," he glances sidelong at Amiri, "aren't terribly excited about facing it head on."


Amiri smirks, already brandishing her oversized sword in anticipation of a fight.

Tristian shakes his head. "Sadly, no. I have no skill with traps, nor much appetite for combat, though I understand that it is unavoidable sometimes. My talents lie in healing, as Sarenrae has seen fit to lend her grace to me."

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

This just keeps getting better... Sariana sighs mentally. A dwarf and now a Sarenrite... Still, additional help for the fight is probably a good thing.

"Your help will be appreciated." She says to Tristan with a nod. "We'll form two groups. A close combat group for those of us who will close with the bear and attack from as many sides as possible. The other group of healers and ranged support. You back us up, keep us on our feet and take whatever shots you can."

And keep those prayers away from me. She adds mentally.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"Agreed. Should Tyr scout ahead? I can hide him from sight. Maybe he could draw out the bear. I feel like we stand a better chance outside of close quarters." Deregar considers the tactical options.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri looks at the handsome man, then down at his holy symbol, and then lastly at his attempt to subvert her one use in the group with his talent in 'healing'. All three combine to instant dislike. So she says nothing to him, instead crosses her arms and pouts a bit.

While tactics are a weakness of hers, she does say "I'll stay close to Sariana, to help with magic."

when the time comes, she'll cast magic weapon on her.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:
Deregar Rogarvia wrote:
"Agreed. Should Tyr scout ahead? I can hide him from sight. Maybe he could draw out the bear. I feel like we stand a better chance outside of close quarters." Deregar considers the tactical options.

"That would be sensible. We don't want to risk Tyr, but he's probably the best scout." Sariana replies, willing to be gracious. "Some of us will have to engage at close range but I agree, having room to maneuver helps us more than the bear."

"Thank you sweetling." She adds when Tandri speaks up. The dwarf isn't particularly good at concealing her emotions, at least not from someone who knows her well, and Sariana's own frustration can be easily read on her face so the diminutive vampire wraps an arm around her cleric's shoulder.

"I'm trusting you to make sure he doesn't try healing me." She murmurs, mouth intimately close to Tandri's ear. "Can you do that for me, sweetling?"


Tyr slinks forward to the cave entrance, but as he draws near, a hulking beast rumbles out of the cave! The creature itself appears bear-shaped, yet its flesh and fur have partially transformed into thick tangles of diseased vegetation and dragging roots. It lets out a bellowing roar!

Initiative:
Deregar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Floare: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Sariana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Tandri: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Cursed Guardian: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Everybody but Sariana may act!


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri's negative emotions keep her from reacting with her normal timidness at someone so close. Negative emotions that Sariana can feel it across the dwarf's skin. Many of course, since people are complicated, but the prevailing is a kind of boiling pleasure, representing Tandri's desire for violence.

"Oh, he won't get anywhere NEAR you." she promises.

---

The violent rage of that roar bathes the clearing, taking Tandri's breath away. Just for a second. Scampering to catch up she casts her magic on the vampire, praying to her goddess to allow her companion to utterly destroy the creature.

casting magic weapon(2 actions) and guidance(1 action) on Sari


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Tyr releases a gout of fire in surprise, while Deregar boosts his power. Then, the dragon tries to take a bite out of the strange beast.

◆◆Act Together (Tyr: Breath Weapon, Deregar: Boost Companion), ◆Strike

fire: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 DC 19 Basic Reflex

jaws: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 for piercing: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Floare watches Sariana's conversation with Tandri with interest. Whatever feelings she may have for the situation are annoying, but she definitely would class them as jealously - that would be silly.

When the corrupted bear makes its presence known, she begins the spell to bring in her own combatant while Dante growls at her side.

{A}{A}{A} Summon Animal

Second later and there's a cry as an eagle swoops in to strike at the beast.

Eagle Talon Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Eagle Talon Damage - S: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 29/29
Current Focus: 2/2
Current Effects: n/a
Focus Spells
Cantrips (2) - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - blood ward

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (2) - guidance, healing plaster, produce flame (+9), protect companion, tanglefoot (DC 19)
1 - horizon thunder sphere (+9, DC 19), summon animal, magic fang
2 - dispel magic, heal


Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

The cursed guardian turns away from Tyr's breath, blunting its effects. It resists the eidolon's and the eagle's attacks, then swipes at Tyr, grabbing a hold of him!

Claw, Grab, Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 221d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 = 12

Tristian calls on Sarenrae to heal Tyr's wounds as Linzi begins an inspiring chant.

Heal: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Tyr is Grabbed (Escape DC 22).


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Tyr wiggles in the grip, but ultimately he's more interested in attacking the bear than escaping it. Deregar encourages his companion and attacks the creature's mind.

Cast boost eidolon, Act Together (Deregar: cast daze, Tyr: Strike)

Daze: 4 mental damage, DC 19 Will
jaws: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 for piercing: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana rushes into combat, her flowing robes streaming out behind her as she moves faster than anyone has seen her move before. She appears behind the bear in a blur and unleashes a rapid volley of punches.

Flurry, Strike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 171d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

The witch gathers a ball of lightning in her hand and then flings it towards the bear.

{A}{A} Horizon Thunder Sphere Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Horizon Thunder Sphere Damage - E: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) = 8

~~~~~

Eagle - Beak Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Eagle - Beak Damage - P: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Eagle - Talon Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Eagle - Talon Damage - S: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Eagle - Talon Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Eagle - Talon Damage - S: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 29/29
Current Focus: 2/2
Current Effects: n/a
Focus Spells
Cantrips (2) - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - blood ward

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (2) - guidance, healing plaster, produce flame (+9), protect companion, tanglefoot (DC 19)
1 - horizon thunder sphere (+9, DC 19), summon animal, magic fang
2 - dispel magic, heal


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri fires her crossbow and wills pain and suffering into a massive bear (though she considered sending both towards the pretty boy priest).

crossbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
damage: 1d10 ⇒ 4

daze, 4 damage, dc 19


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Will vs Daze: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Sariana moves in to flank the cursed bear, landing a solid blow. Floare shocks the beast, and her eagle scores a critical hit, poking out one of its eyes with its beak! The beast roars and thrashes angrily. Tandri fires a crossbow bolt into its flank before dazing it. Deregar likewise dazes it, then Tyr rips out its throat with his jaws. The bear lets out a weak groan before falling to the ground.

As you watch, the beast seems to sigh in relief. It then collapses in on itself, transforming first into an incredibly old human man with a look of peace in his eyes before crumbling into a skeleton, and finally to a pile of dust. As this happens, the shrine grows more vibrant and colorful. Wildflowers bloom, the sound of birdsong fills the air, and the overall ambience of the place grows more welcoming.

"Incredible!" Linzi gasps.

"Pretty!" Amiri agrees.

"Meh," Jaethal mutters.

"The curse has been lifted," Tristian says. "You are more skilled in combat than I had imagined. You scarcely needed my aid. However, perhaps a continuance of our arrangement would be beneficial. After all, you are adventurers, and I know that adventurers often need spiritual support and advice. So, will you have me?"


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri would be more impressed with the explosion of wildflowers, if she didn't know it was for the Family guy god.

At least, we were done with the Sarenrite she thinks to herself, RIGHT before he offers his services for spiritual advice. Her mouth tightens together, her arm cross, and she says with a rather annoyed tone "We already have two clerics. Dwarven clerics." as if the latter matters, but since for the first time in a long time another dwarf acknowledges her, she seems rather keen to point it out.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

"You are kind, sir." Sariana says, managing to avoid sounding like she's biting into a lemon at those words. "However as you can see we are already well supported both spiritually and physically by the gods. We are based out of Oleg's trading post to the north so if you wish to accompany us there then you will be welcome, but we wouldn't want to keep you from more important duties."

There, I tried being nice. If he doesn't get the message then we can try again less nicely!


Tristian nods. "Very well. Oleg's, you say? I will head there now. Should you have need of my services at a later time, that is where you may find me. May the Dawnflower bless your days." He bows and departs.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

"Shall we return to Oleg's as well?" Floare asks the others. "Or are we going to explore a little more?"


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"I won't look askance at any divine aid, but as my companions said, Oleg and Svetlana could use a good set of hands and your healing powers at their outpost." Deregar is indifferent to the handsome man, and understands the group's mistrust of him.

The less time he spends with Sariana, the better.

"Did your goddess reveal what caused this curse?" As he questions the cleric, Deregar pokes his head into the opening of the cave, looking for possible clues--or treasure. Treasure is always good.

"Could you give us a little light, Floare?"


"Alas, she did not grant me that insight," Tristian says to Deregar before departing.

Unfortunately, searching the area does not reveal any more clues, nor any treasures. Whatever the guardian of this place did to incur Erastil's wrath in the long-forgotten past seems destined to remain a mystery...


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20
Deregar Rogarvia wrote:
"Could you give us a little light, Floare?"

The witch looks a little sheepish. "Unfortunately that's not magic that I prepared this morning," she says, her cheeks turning a slight pink.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

"Most of us don't need it anyway." Sariana says, seemingly coming to Floare's defense. Once the search doesn't turn up any further she seems largely uninterested. "Ask Jhod if he knows." She suggests. "And we should press on. Head east for a while before we turn north again. Or we could try and explore the rest of the forest - one or the other. Give him a chance to actually leave. I say the forest."

There's more shade there....


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"The forest is fine with me. Should we head southwest?" Deregar wouldn't mind seeing what the forest holds, and he's emboldened by the defeat of the strange bear.

451 to 500 of 984 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Kingmaker 2E: Table 1 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.