DM Brainiac’s Kingmaker 2E: Table 1

Game Master Brainiac

Hex Map
Kingdom Sheet


1,701 to 1,732 of 1,732 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Female Human Vampire Witch (Wild) 7 | HP 57 | AC 21 | Fort +12 Ref +13 Will +12 | Perc +10 | Focus 3 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 21 | HP 35

Floare takes a perverse sense of satisfaction as her flames join the others in piling on the damage against the vile goblin.

{A}{A} Produce Flame Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 1 = 26
Produce Flame Damage - Fire: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) + 4 = 11

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 50/50
Current Focus: 3/3
Current Effects: sickened 1
Spell DC: 22
Spell Attack: +12
Focus Spells
Cantrips (1) - wilding word
3 - blood ward, life boost, phase familiar

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (3) - dancing lights, guidance, healing plaster, produce flame, protect companion, tanglefoot
1 - horizon thunder sphere, mage armor, spirit link
2 - dispel magic, heal, scorching ray
3 - curse of lost time, haste, lightning bolt


Blasted and burned by magic, beaten and bitten by fist and claw, Virthad crumples to the ground, succumbing to his injuries. His body shifts and twists as he dies, the goblin transforming into his natural form--that of a pale-skinned, gangly doppelganger! The goblins of Greengripe gasp and cry out! The revelation of their supposed leader's true form shocks, frightens, and shames them significantly.

The doppelganger has a +1 striking dogslicer. Inside the shrine of Lamashtu is a chest containing 1 pp, 37 gp, 190 sp, 800 cp, and 30 gp in gems and jewelry, as well as a ring of the ram.

In the ensuing investigation, you learn that the doopelganger killed the real Virthad and assumed his place. It would seem it was using the goblins as a smokescreen to obscure the true location of the cult's operations. The goblins are grateful that you exposed the pretender and promise to work with you and help you, volunteering to scour the region for clues to help you track down the cult's actual hideout.

Everybody is now level 7! Everybody gains 1 Hero Point.

Dark Archive

| HP 106/106 | AC:25 | Fo:+14 Re:+14 Wi:+15+ | Ath +13, Acr +14, Dec +14, Itm +10, Med +11, Perc +13 | Fangs/Fists +16 2d8+6 | Ki 1/1, HeP: 3/3 | Active Conditions:

Sariana speaks the right language for goblins - that of ruthless domination and she quickly establishes that she is the one the goblins will be answering to. Nok Nok is nominated as the new clan chief, who will report to 'Big Boss' Sariana regularly. Otherwise he is given a free hand with how to manage 'his' new tribe. Ever since the goblin's crisis of faith in Lamashtu Sariana has introducing him to a more... structured view of the world. These goblins should be a good (and more importantly disposable) way for him to learn by doing.

"So, our best lead was either a blind or a trap..." She concludes to her companions. "This is going to take a lot more work I fear."


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 7 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 | Fort +14 Ref +10 Will +15 | Perc +15; darkvision, low-light vision | spell DC 25, attack +15 | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

"It Did lead us to an enemy that was corrupting us from the inside." Tandri attempts a silver lining. This was after she suggested killing the entire tribe for daring to defy Sariana, but seems happy with the idea Nok Nok will now be kept busy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Vampire Witch (Wild) 7 | HP 57 | AC 21 | Fort +12 Ref +13 Will +12 | Perc +10 | Focus 3 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 21 | HP 35

"It's trying to corrupt us from the inside, yes," Floare agrees with a frown. "But it led us down a false trail. We're going to have to dig deeper if we want to pull it up by the roots."

Leveling Fluff:

With the growing size of the holdings, it is getting harder and harder to find peaceful, private time with those closest to her. Consequently, Floare has taken to rising earlier and earlier in the morning to bask in the quiet of the pre-dawn hours.

Slipping smoothly from under the warmth of the blankets and the arms of the cutely snoring tiefling, the witch tosses a thin shawl over her bare skin and moves soundlessly from the room, gesturing to a waking Dante to stay with Tandri. Knowing well the paths that will avoid encountering any of the staff that are already active this early in the morning, she makes her way to a side entrance and then up a steep stair to find herself walking across the heavy shakes to the peak of the roof.

The cool morning air raises goosebumps over her skin as she gazes upwards at the sprawl of stars still visible in the clear night sky. The scent of baking bread mixes with the familiar smell of the stables and Tandri's growing menagerie to create a comforting smell of 'home'. She still aches from the previous evening's pleasurable activities and knows that she'll have to remember to attend to her arms and legs with the herbal brew else the numerous bruises that will likely appear will arouse too many whispers and rumors. Not that they would be unfounded.

Knowing her Mistress's proclivities, she expects that the evening spent with her and Tandri will not have completely vented Sariana's frustrations with not locating the source of the 'invasion' and she will seek out a more ... expendable ... target. No doubt some miscreant that feels, mistakenly, that they are a predator and the people of Nightsong are their prey. This night they'll discover what it really feels like to be prey. Floare wonders why the idea of her Mistress silently stalking some unsuspecting thief or murderer is oddly arousing.

The eastern sky is just beginning to show a hint of the coming dawn when she feels the presence behind her on the roof. No sound reaches her ears, yet she can feel Sariana just the same. One moment, nothing, and the next, the sensation of being watched by something hungry and dangerous. She tips her head exposing her neck and shoulder as the presence grows stronger and she feels warm lips touch her cool skin. Such warmth was an indicator of only one thing.

"I see you've fed, My Love," Floare says softly.

"What are you doing up here, Little One?" Sariana whispers, continuing to press kisses peppered with small, sharp points along the exposed skin.

"I knew you would come back this way," Floare responds, leaning back as strong arms slip around her waist. "I was wondering if you would like to join me in viewing my last sunrise?"

The arms around her waist stiffen and then roughly turn her around to meet the vampire's demanding eyes that seek truth in her own.

"If the offer's s-still open, that is," Floare adds, the intensity of Sariana's gaze even in the darkness is unnerving.

Dark Archive

| HP 106/106 | AC:25 | Fo:+14 Re:+14 Wi:+15+ | Ath +13, Acr +14, Dec +14, Itm +10, Med +11, Perc +13 | Fangs/Fists +16 2d8+6 | Ki 1/1, HeP: 3/3 | Active Conditions:

Levelling Up:
"You won't be like me." Sariana warns softly, trailing oddly warm fingers down the delicate veins in her Little One's neck. "I am old and my blood is strong but it will be some time before you gain its full power. You will, in time. You will be strong, beautiful, perfect in immortality but it will take time and it will hurt."

For all her many faults Sariana has never lied to her Pets - never shied away from expressing the risks and the consequences of their actions. The offer she made had been a spur of the moment one - compelled by feelings she barely understood but now, to hear Floare accept her offer, to scent that unique, intoxicating blend of fear, arousal and desire that was so uniquely Floare... that was a pleasure beyond almost any other.

For a fraction of a second Sariana's rational mind weighs up the risks and then, finding them more than worth it, she slams her lips into Floare's own, nipping at the plump bottom lip and drawing a short, sharp draught of delightful blood.

"You will be mine. Always." She whispers into her Little One's mouth, the words a threat, a promise or a warning. The breathy gasp she receives in response is acceptance enough and Sariana tears the shawl from Floare's skin, leaving her bare for all of Nightsong to see if only they could in the slowly-fading darkness and drops gracefully to the roof, tugging her Little One into her lap and turning them both towards the east.

"If this is going to be your last sunrise Little One," She murmurs, face buried in the crook of Floare's neck. "Then it's going to be the best one you ever have."

Then she sets to work - touching all the places she knows will draw the best reactions, reducing her Little One to a moaning, pleasurable mess whose cries (both mufffled and not) sound across the growing town as the sun rises and bathes her perfect, naked skin in its warmth for the last time.

Sariana lingers, letting Floare drink in the experience for the last time and, thanks to her recent feeding and the quite literal ability to hide in Floare's shadow, emerges from the experience with nothing more than a mild case of sunburn.

"It will take some time." She says once the two of them are back inside. "Days, perhaps a week. I will make the preparations but you need to deal with your work and explain your decision to Dante and Tandri. Bring either of them to me if they have questions but this is your decision and they need to know that."


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 7 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 | Fort +14 Ref +10 Will +15 | Perc +15; darkvision, low-light vision | spell DC 25, attack +15 | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

in the mean time:

Tandri woke to a missing Floare, which is the norm of late, but not a missing Dante. A Dante who had been patiently waiting for loves and snuggles from the one that smells like fresh kill A The Time. Floare missing and Dante staying meant the other woman was spending time with their mistress.

Floare is the only person Tandri's jealous little heart didn't want to torture and kill for having time alone with Lady Nightsong. It still burned with envy and ached with being left out, but she smothered those emotions as she rose and dressed. Respecting the desires of someone she loved was hard, but needed to keep from screams, claws, and disappointing looks.

Once dressed in a gray skirt tailored to allow her her tail to be free, a simple blouse, vest, and jacket, which along with her glasses perched on her nose screamed Accountant, she fished out a lovely goblin bone, which Dante loved, and got to work on the books.

Numbers settled her emotions.


LN male skilled human summoner 7 HP 99/99| AC 23 | F +13 R +11 W +11 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +11 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 1 |4: 2/2 3: 2/2 Active Conditions:

"We'll set our agents to scouring the country, including these goblins." Deregar reflects. "The immediate threat is ended, but doppelgangers could be anywhere."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Vampire Witch (Wild) 7 | HP 57 | AC 21 | Fort +12 Ref +13 Will +12 | Perc +10 | Focus 3 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 21 | HP 35

"They could be," Floare replies with a nod towards Deregar. "But I don't wish us to fall into paranoia, second-guessing every conversation we have with anyone."

Fluff - Tandri:

Sometime a little later in the morning Floare enters Tandri's office to find the tiefling furiously applying quill to parchment. The witch carries a small basket filled with stuffed breads and fruit, along with a bottle of not-too-horrible wine of Nightsong vintage. Dante looks up with a wolfy grin and his tail brushes across the floor in good spirits. Setting the basket on the desk away from the precious ledgers and papers, Floare pulls up one of the stools in the room to take a seat close to the smaller woman.

"I wanted to apologize for not being there this morning," she says after a moment. Tandri recognizes the telltale signs on Floare's skin of another session spent with their mistress. Someone else might mistake them for the results of having spent an afternoon tending her rose garden (which Floare's is nothing if not glorious), but the dwarf has experienced the same many times. "It was selfish, but I wanted to meet Sariana as soon as she got back." The witch's eyes avoid Tandri's and roam around the room as if seeking out something else to talk about.

Silence stretches out in the small room, only broken by the scratching of Tandri's quill. Finally Floare's hand reaches out and touches Tandri's wrist, stilling the woman's movements. With her other hand she cups the pink chin and tips the other woman's face up to meet her own. "I wish to accept her offer," she says simply. "But if that will unbalance our relationship then I won't."


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 7 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 | Fort +14 Ref +10 Will +15 | Perc +15; darkvision, low-light vision | spell DC 25, attack +15 | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

fluff:

The blazing irises flare as Tandri's orbs widen in surprise. A flood of emotions pours over her eyes, like a bonfire burning a hundred different materials, blazing oils, hot banking of wood, sparking of moss, all before it dims to a glowing ember.

Her chin remains caught through it all. Unmoving, barely breathing.

Seconds stream to minutes before she answers, softly, just a touch above a whisper "I knew you would... someday."

Finally, Tandri turns her head away, sighing as concern and doubt crease her brow. She should tell her friend, Everything is FINE, I am so happy for you, but... she can't lie to her. Not her. "I can't answer that. I wish I could. I'll try...." she trails off.. Her lower lip worries in her sharp teeth, thinking through the hurricane inside of her. Her own doubts and insecurities explode in her chest.

So many things have hurt her. They continue to edge into her mind, body, and soul. Some real. Most not.

Floare is not one of those things that hurt. Ever.

So Tandri Rumblespark decides.

Suddenly she turns and grabs her friend's hand, Tightly, holding on to someone in her life she cannot lose "I will Try." her eyes blazing, as if this oath was a pronouncement on the mountain, instead of a simple Try. "This is something you want, that you deserve it, so I will TRY. I promise." It is what she can promise, all she can promise, but she means it with everything she has.


Female Human Vampire Witch (Wild) 7 | HP 57 | AC 21 | Fort +12 Ref +13 Will +12 | Perc +10 | Focus 3 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 21 | HP 35

Fluff:

Relief washes over the young witch and she pulls Tandri in for an enveloping hug.

"Thank you so much," she whispers, slowly rocking the pair back and forth. "I was so worried that you would be angry or ... or bitter. I know things are going to change between us, but I hope the change is for the better." She pulls back just enough to meet the smaller woman's eyes before leaning in for a slow kiss.

I'll go find Lady Sari, Dante thinks to Floare before rising from the floor and padding towards the open door.

"Don't be silly, my Handsome Boy," Floare says with a laugh, breaking the kiss and continuing to hold Tandri's eyes. "We're going on a picnic to celebrate my day."

The wolf doesn't pause.

Yeah, I know. I'm going to find Lady Sari.

"Naughty Boy."

--

Later That Evening ...

"I'm sure she said the Spring storeroom," Floare mutters to herself as she steps softly through the low-ceilinged chamber. With summer well along, the earthen-floored room was mostly empty but for several barrels.

"She could have been a little more specific," she adds with an eye-roll as she approaches one of the iron lantern hooks spaced along the walls. When pressing upwards on the hanger does nothing, she moves along to the next one. Two hooks later she's finally rewarded with movement and a muffled 'click'. A section of the rough-hewn, timber wall shifts revealing a hidden passage.

With a wave of her hand swirling magic fairy lights appear above her head lighting the way as she pushes past the heavy portal and in to the narrow passage beyond. Excitement and fear war within her belly and she's not sure which will win.

The passage quickly turns to steep steps set with flagstone that descend into the musty earth. At the bottom of the steps she finds an earth-floored chamber that's not much larger than the contents within. With her head lowered to avoid the cramped ceiling she lets the magical lights move out and illuminate the three wooden shapes - coffins.

The center one is of plain rough planks but decorated with scenes carved with a skilled hand. The nearer one is a work of elaborate craftsmanship - honey-colored weathered pine with beautiful whorls of grain and a bee motif running all around the edge. Hidden in the pattern and requiring the viewer to look closer are worked various animals. On the top is a stylized carving of a whip.

She moves farther into the room to look closer at the remaining casket. Composed of a much darker wood with splashes of umber streaked through it, the edge sports a carved garland of flowers. In the top center is a painstakingly rendered rose. And right below it, sitting on top of the wood, is an actual bouquet of the same flowers.

Stepping closer, Floare smiles and picks up the fragrant roses and brings them to her nose. One hand reaches out and brushes against the smooth wood.

"Do you like it, Little One?" Sariana whispers at her shoulder.

Floare starts and spins around, the flowers almost falling from her grasp.

"It ... It's beautiful," she stammers.

Dark Archive

| HP 106/106 | AC:25 | Fo:+14 Re:+14 Wi:+15+ | Ath +13, Acr +14, Dec +14, Itm +10, Med +11, Perc +13 | Fangs/Fists +16 2d8+6 | Ki 1/1, HeP: 3/3 | Active Conditions:

Fluff:
"As it should be." Sariana replied, one cold hand closing Floare's around the flowers so that they don't fall. "Beauty without for beauty within. I had them made... I was... hoping. That they'd be needed one day." There's a trace of vulnerability in the vampire's voice and, as Floare turns around to kiss her, she gets a gentle, almost tender embrace - quite unlike the fiery kisses her Queen normally gives her.

"I realised something earlier." Sariana says, her lips quirking into a small grin. "While I was making the preparations. I've never done this before. I'm almost a virgin." The idea makes them both smile. "Nine thousand years and you'll be my first. I'm very glad about that."

She eases Floare down, into her coffin, which is well upholstered and bizarrely comfortable. "You are going to die." The vampire says simply, her dark eyes fixed on Floare's. "You will die and it will be as easy and peaceful as I can make it. But then you will come back and that will hurt Little One. More than anything you have ever felt before. You must be strong. Embrace the pain and make it your own. Tandri will be on the other side. I will be on the other side, waiting for you."

Sariana's gaze weighs on Floare in the silence and the witch realises that the vampire is giving her a final choice. A last chance to back out and change her mind.


Female Human Vampire Witch (Wild) 7 | HP 57 | AC 21 | Fort +12 Ref +13 Will +12 | Perc +10 | Focus 3 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 21 | HP 35

Fluff:

"Birth is painful," Floare replies with a forced smile, shifting slightly in the confining-but-comfortable space. She takes a few deep breaths before turning her head slightly to expose her neck.

"For love," she says simply.

Dark Archive

| HP 106/106 | AC:25 | Fo:+14 Re:+14 Wi:+15+ | Ath +13, Acr +14, Dec +14, Itm +10, Med +11, Perc +13 | Fangs/Fists +16 2d8+6 | Ki 1/1, HeP: 3/3 | Active Conditions:

Fluff:
"Forever." Sariana replies simply and then Floare feels a familiar sting at her neck. The pain is momentary and fades swiftly, along with everything else...

Dark Archive

| HP 106/106 | AC:25 | Fo:+14 Re:+14 Wi:+15+ | Ath +13, Acr +14, Dec +14, Itm +10, Med +11, Perc +13 | Fangs/Fists +16 2d8+6 | Ki 1/1, HeP: 3/3 | Active Conditions:

A few days later:
"It's going well." Sariana said simply as Tandri approached, the tiefling short enough that the tunnel constructed to Sariana's own petite size proves no obstacle. "I can leave now. For a little while at least. I know there's work to be done. Linzi is quite insistent about that."

She pauses as Tandri examines Floare's unmoving corpse, and then nods to the other coffin in the tiny room. The only one without an occupant at the moment.

"That one is yours." She says simply. "If you want it one day. I had them made together. I... didn't want to choose. Don't want to choose, but I'm not like them. Loyalty is given, not taken, so the choice is yours. Always." Another long pause. "But I decided to tell you. Because I don't want you thinking that I chose her over you Sweetling. I will never do that."

It's not exactly a declaration of love but Sariana has only ever used the L word once, and she has never to Tandri's knowledge broken a promise.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 7 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 | Fort +14 Ref +10 Will +15 | Perc +15; darkvision, low-light vision | spell DC 25, attack +15 | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

on that day:

Tandri had noticed the other coffin, briefly, before the sight of Floare, so still, so... dead, makes her heart nearly stop. She knew what would happen, Floare had explained it all, even though Tandri had found books to describe the process as well many months ago.

But knowing and seeing were two vastly different things.

Nightsong's words are all that can drag Tandri's eyes away from the pallid skin before her. Her eyes widened, as they did when Floare said she was going to be turned. Surprise, with complications.

Every word captures her attention, almost steals her breath, as it often does when she is alone with her mistress "You have my loyalty, Lady Nightsong. You have... Everything." her words soft in the small room. Soft but honest, coupled with a tinge of uncertainty. Not at 'Everything' though, she knew she had surrendered all she was to Sariana long ago.

The offer... she hadn't expected it again. While it filled her with elation, she was simply unsure that it was offered from genuine desire for her, or simply to make sure Floare wasn't lonely.

Did it matter?

"Milady? Can I ask a question?" a hesitant request and when it is allowed "What do you smell? When I am around?" The succubus blood makes her scent into something a person most desires. She has always wondered...


Female Human Vampire Witch (Wild) 7 | HP 57 | AC 21 | Fort +12 Ref +13 Will +12 | Perc +10 | Focus 3 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 21 | HP 35

More Fluff:

The bite was inconsequential. A pricking of the skin that was something she'd experienced countless times in the throes of passion. The slow fade of darkness was new, though, and it took the full measure of her willpower to remain calm. Or, at least, to not completely panic. Strong arms restrained her as she tried to struggle. But then her strength dwindled to nothing and her last thought was, 'This isn't so bad,' before darkness claimed her mind.

It was pain that dragged her back to a waking state - if you could call the simple impulses running through her mind as thoughts. Pain and hunger. The pain was front and center. From her bones outward, everything hurt. Even her hair - of which she could feel every single long strand - sent tendrils of pain deep into her brain. She tried to scream and run, but those same strong arms held her tight and words were whispered in her ears that she didn't understand. Couldn't understand. The only parts of her that were aware were those that responded to the pain. And the hunger.

She felt flesh pressed against her mouth. Dirty, rank flesh that assaulted her senses with its stench. But rather than revulse her as some small part of her felt that it should, another, stronger part seemed to instinctively know that behind this flesh lay the answer to the hunger and pain. She bit. The flesh parted like an overripe fruit and her mouth was flooded with ambrosia. She drank and drank until the flesh was pulled away and the strong arms pulled her close. The hunger faded and the pain was reduced.

Over and over again the cycle repeated. It was only after multiple feedings that she even started to think of herself as something distinct from the arms that held her. There were rare moments when she would awake and the arms weren't there. But invariably the wakefulness wouldn't last and she would drift back down into the darkness of pain and hunger.

Finally a wakefulness came upon her that was different than the others. There was still darkness around her, but her senses were filled with her surroundings. The musty damp of the earth. The shreds of cloth upon her skin. The cushions of the casket she was resting in. Distantly, she could hear voices. Talking, laughing, yelling.

The pain was a faint echo of what it had been, but the ever-present hunger drove her to first sit up and then to carefully crawl from her place of rest. Each movement brought new pain to her joints, but it was surmountable. Nothing else mattered but the hunger.

Moving quietly and cautiously around the space, she found the stairs and ascended, her bare feet silent on the stone. Tiny glimmers of soft light outlined the door and after a moment of searching she managed to open it and make her way into the light. Her eyes narrowed and the voices grew louder. Something else came to her attention then, as well - the sweet, sweet scent of blood.

Staying to the shadows, she crept through the halls. When a figure moved past the arch of a side hall, she pressed herself against the wall and considered striking, but while the figure carried the scent of blood, it wasn't the overpowering scent to that was calling to her. That was somewhere else. So she let the figure pass unmolested.

A few more twists and turns later and she found herself inside an elaborately decorated room with a large bed dominating it. The sole occupant was the source of the delectable smell and she prepared herself to feast like she hadn't feasted before when another scent came to her - a strangely familiar odor. A pungent, earthy, musky scent that also carried hints of blood and meat.

Mom, I know you're meat-hungry, but please don't eat Lady Tandri, a voice spoke into her mind. A voice that carried warmth and sank deep into her innermost being. She's really nice and you'd be so upset if something happened to her. Lady Sariana will be here soon and will make everything better.

Turning, she was confronted by a large wolf. How she missed its presence she didn't know. But it sat there on its haunches gazing at her with eyes filled with affection. Confusion filled her mind. The hunger must be satisfied. Denying it was unfathomable. She turned back to the source of the overpowering allure.

Mom, please?

Perhaps just a taste? Without a noise she moved onto the bed and crept closer to the small, sleeping figure. Her lips parted to reveal fangs that moved close to exposed pink flesh.

A worried whine. Mom?

That small part of her self that she hadn't even realized still existed fluttered as it tried to awaken. Something was wrong. This was wrong. No, eating was right. Eating was all there was. No. The hunger must be satisfied. No. Not now. Not with her. Eating can wait ... for now.

Her lips closed, concealing the sharp, white points and she lowered herself to the soft blankets. Blankets that smelled of ... something so familiar and comforting. Curling into herself, she slept again.

Dark Archive

| HP 106/106 | AC:25 | Fo:+14 Re:+14 Wi:+15+ | Ath +13, Acr +14, Dec +14, Itm +10, Med +11, Perc +13 | Fangs/Fists +16 2d8+6 | Ki 1/1, HeP: 3/3 | Active Conditions:

With Tandri:
"I smell you." Sariana says simply. "I know what you mean, but I smell you. There are scents I recognise, some that I don't but they are all you. Your scent tells me how you feel. I can smell your fear, your frustration, your arousal. All of them change your scent but you always smell of you - and I wouldn't change that for a chance to double my kingdom." From the way the vampire has fixed her gaze on Tandri it's clear that she knows why Tandri asked.

"I smell you Tandri." What I desire most is you. "Always."

Sleeping Beauty Wakes:
The moment Sariana catches Floare's scent in the hall she curses Linzi viciously (and unfairly). Her court, such as it is, is set up to involve her relatively little but her citizens do petition her specifically and Linzi wouldn't let her put them off any longer. It should have been fine, Floare wasn't likely to wake for another few days... but not likely isn't the same as 'won't' So the moment she catches the scent she follows it at a blur.

She sees Floare hovering in the bedroom and forces herself to a stop a few feet away. If Floare strikes she can be there in less than a second, but she trusts (or maybe hopes) that her Little One will be strong enough to not.

It is a long, long few moments, but then Floare slips onto the bed and curls up behind Tandri, just like she always does and Sariana lets out an unnecessarily held breath. Then she slinks silently into the corner where an ornately carved chair sits and settles in, reaching out to scratch Dante behind the ears as they sit together, watching and guarding.

Dark Archive

| HP 106/106 | AC:25 | Fo:+14 Re:+14 Wi:+15+ | Ath +13, Acr +14, Dec +14, Itm +10, Med +11, Perc +13 | Fangs/Fists +16 2d8+6 | Ki 1/1, HeP: 3/3 | Active Conditions:

Beauty... and the Beast:
"Trust your instincts." Sariana says softly, her voice just carrying to Floare's newly sharpened hearing. "I've marked your target, you won't miss him. You can feed on others if you want but you will not kill them. He is the only one I permit that for."

She pulls her protegee into her arms for a moment. "This is difficult for you." She says simply. "But it is necessary. Do your best, focus on your target and I'll help you if you need it. He's a thug and he'll fight. Then he'll run. You can beat him. You will catch him but you don't have to be cruel, not if you don't want to be. We all feed differently. Go on Little One, I'll be with you."

With those final words Sariana fades into the darkness with such practised skill that even Floare can't track her, but the sweet scent of Tandri draws her down one of the alleys among the ramshackle housing on the edge of Stag's End. Their lover isn't here she knows, Sari would never allow it, but a single drop of her blood is the perfect marker...


Female Human Vampire Witch (Wild) 7 | HP 57 | AC 21 | Fort +12 Ref +13 Will +12 | Perc +10 | Focus 3 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 21 | HP 35

The Fox and the Hound:

The pain would fade. At least that's what Sariana had told her. The hunger? Yeah, well, that's her life now. It could be kept at bay, but it would never entirely go away.

What was Sari saying? Something about a thug and not being cruel. It was so hard to focus at times. The smell of blood was close - Tandri's blood. Dante pressed against her thigh and she placed her hand on his shoulder. She felt so much more like the Floare she used to be when he was close.

I'll be with you, Mom.

"I know you will, my Good Boy," she replied even as her eyes searched the shadows where Sari had vanished. Even her improved vision couldn't make out her Mistress. She turned her attention back to the alluring scent.

"Let's go."

It was surprisingly easy to find the man. It seemed that he was depending on the darkness and his own notoriety to conceal his activities. Neither of which had any effect on Floare. A stinking, narrow alley with only the thinnest amount of moonlight revealing the man and woman arguing.

"I told you, Jasp. I only had two customers," the woman sniffled.

"Stupid bint!" the man growled back and there was the meaty sound of flesh striking flesh. "I didn't ask you how many customers. I need two silver tonight!"

Floare watched as the woman reeled back and slumped to the foul ground. She glanced down towards the other end of the alley where she caught a glimpse of Dante's shadow, waiting.

Unconsciously, her lips curled back. The man was the source of the blood-scent. Oh, both of them smelled of blood - all living people did, she'd discovered. But this was Tandri's blood and it had a draw that couldn't be denied. Well ... it could with supreme effort. But she wasn't denying it tonight.

As the man crouched down and rifled through the woman's dress - no doubt looking for hidden coins - Floare moved silently up behind him. Rising, he turned and jumped back with a start.

"Who the f@&# ...?" he cursed before narrowing his eyes. "Lady Floare?" he questioned in confusion. "What are you doing ... here?" He glanced down at the woman at his feet for a quick instant before looking back at the slender figure in front of him. Quickly hiding the flash of guilt on his face, he reached out and placed a thick hand on her shoulder.

"You shouldn't be out here alone, M'Lady," he tried for a fatherly tone, but it came across as nothing but condescending.

"Nonsense," she replied. "It's the best time to hunt."

"Hunt?" he questioned, glancing around. "Who's hunting you?"

"You misunderstand," Floare responds and her lips curl into a smile revealing her sharp teeth. "I'm the one hunting." In a flash, she turns her head and closes her teeth on his hand.

"Ahhhh!" Jasp snarls, yanking his hand back and splattering Floare's simple dress with a streak of crimson. "Why the f@*# did you ...? Get away from me!"

The man turns, plodding up the alley as Floare dashes after him. He makes it to where it opens onto the slightly larger road, but doesn't notice the silhouette of the wolf waiting at the juncture. With a snap of sharp teeth at the man's ankle, Jasp stumbles and goes down with flailing limbs.

Floare is upon his back even as he attempts to gain his footing. However, with her legs wrapped tightly around his waist and one arm wrapped around his throat, he struggles to dislodge her.

She hesitates only a moment as the part of her that's still Floare offers up a token struggle, but the hunger wins out. Plunging her fangs into his neck, she draws deep as he cries out. He continues to spin and struggle trying to free himself from the beast drawing his life out through his neck, but his struggles are in vain. Dropping to his knees and then eventually falling face-foward to the ground, Floare remains clamped on him like a barnacle on ship until she feels the pounding of his heartbeat fade to silence.

Rising to her feet and reveling in the rush of blood, she's brought back to the moment as Dante brushes against her.

Are we done, Mom?

Floare considers. No, the hunger still rages. "Not quite yet, my Sweet Boy," she replies. Turning back to the alley, she walks back into the shadows of the narrow passage. Reaching the still form of the unconscious woman, she kneels down and pulls aside the stained collar of the woman's dress, revealing the pale skin of her neck.

There's no hesitation this time as she plunges her fangs into the soft flesh. Ignoring the groan of pain from her waking victim, Floare concentrates on the heartbeat. Only when it fades and slows dangerously does she pull back. It's much more of a struggle than she'd care to admit.

"Now we're done," she says, rising to her feet and wiping the dribbles of blood from her mouth. Avoiding the puddles of ... something, she makes her way back out the other end of the ally.

"So how did I do, My Love?" she questions with a whisper, sure that Sariana is close by and watching.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 7 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 | Fort +14 Ref +10 Will +15 | Perc +15; darkvision, low-light vision | spell DC 25, attack +15 | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri wrap ups:

In the crypt, the scent filling every space brightens so much as Sari's almost remembers her own last day, so so so long ago. A fleeting brush of that day woken by the sheer Joy her words sparked in the small pink dwarf.

Tandri tries to contain the smile, why she does she doesn't know. She nods quickly, not trusting herself to speak. She reaches in and squeezes Floare's cold hand "I'll be waiting."

She gives her mistress a quick dip, then leaves her to what she needs to do.
----
Later she nuzzles back into body, completely unaware she was almost dinner.

Dark Archive

| HP 106/106 | AC:25 | Fo:+14 Re:+14 Wi:+15+ | Ath +13, Acr +14, Dec +14, Itm +10, Med +11, Perc +13 | Fangs/Fists +16 2d8+6 | Ki 1/1, HeP: 3/3 | Active Conditions:

A Whole New World:
"She'll live and he won't." Sariana replies, landing besides Floare without a sound. "You nearly took too much. Listen to her heart beat, it's still slow. She was smaller - less blood to take but that will heal. One drop of your blood can help, its a stimulant for the quick."

As the alley disappears behind them Sari drops the teaching tone and wraps one arm around Floare's narrow waist. "You did well Little One. For a first hunt, very well. You need to eat a lot for a week or so, then it will be easier."

A subtle pressure is enough sign for Floare and she dips her head to meet Sari's lips. As they kiss Floare's fangs, still new and unexpected, catch Sari's for a moment, making the older vampire smirk. "Is my Little One getting feisty?" She asks in a playful tone. "Do I need to remind you who is in charge here?"

It's a good night to be (un)alive.


By the months end, the goblins of Greengripe report that they have uncovered the location of the cult's base of operations in the foothills of the Tors of Levenies, directly south of the Little Sellen River. The entrance to the cavern is set in the side of a sheer cliff wall where the rugged foothills transition into a jagged mountainscape.

Tendrils of vibrantly colored plant life coil out from the cave’s edges along the cliff and across the ground like verdant arteries, with strangely colored flowers blooming here and there along the growth. Rivulets of water run from the cave to drain away into the surrounding terrain, while the smell wafting from the entrance is that of rotting plants.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 7 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 | Fort +14 Ref +10 Will +15 | Perc +15; darkvision, low-light vision | spell DC 25, attack +15 | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri's world has shifted, again. Floare is still Floare, and his mistress is still the same, but they are all different now. Floare is... hard to explain. Sharper? While her mistress is softer? Like something was transferred from one to the other.

Neither leave the dwarf out, other than hunting of course, but there is a distance that makes her heart ache.

----------
At the cave

"They are like a sign pointing to the Evil Lair" Tandri says toward the plants, beautiful and deadly... speaking of which...

nature: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

She inspects the plants, keeping an eye out for anything particularly dangerous.

Dark Archive

| HP 106/106 | AC:25 | Fo:+14 Re:+14 Wi:+15+ | Ath +13, Acr +14, Dec +14, Itm +10, Med +11, Perc +13 | Fangs/Fists +16 2d8+6 | Ki 1/1, HeP: 3/3 | Active Conditions:

One unexpected side effect of Floare's transformation is that Tandri gets more of Sariana's time. Without having two people to split her daytime between the tiefling finds her Lady around quite a bit more. This has... detrimental effects on her productivity, but does make it quite clear that Sariana is doting on her somewhat.

-----------------------------
"For some reason a lot of cults and other evil people feel an inexplicable need to shout their evil from the rooftops, or build grandiose monuments which proclaim their nefarious deeds loud and clear." Sariana says, her tone dripping with acid. "It's as though they want to be beaten up by self-appointed 'heroes'. Most 'evil wizards' just need a good spanking."

Given that Lady Nightsong is a kuthonite, her idea of a 'good spanking' is rather more extreme than most peoples... as both Tandri and Floare know.

Once Tandri's investigations are done Sariana glances up into the golden-pink sunset with a practised eye.

"The sun will be fully down in less than an hour. Then Floare will have a much easier time moving." Her Little One is currently shrouded in a truly voluminous robe and hood, and yet still moves at half her accustomed pace. "We take cover and observe until then."


LN male skilled human summoner 7 HP 99/99| AC 23 | F +13 R +11 W +11 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +11 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 1 |4: 2/2 3: 2/2 Active Conditions:

"We'll burn them out, and end the danger to the kingdom." Deregar states with firm resolution


Nothing comes in our out of the cave as you watch. Once night has fallen, you make your way inside. The interior of the cavern is warm and humid. Water condenses on the walls and pools on the floor. Mold grows on many surfaces and in many colors, and the air smells musty with an unpleasant undercurrent of decaying plant matter.

About twenty feet beyond the cave entrance, a pair of cultists stand guard. Clad in ragged robes, the men brandish kukris and cry out to Lamashtu as they prepare to attack!

Initiative:
Deregar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Floare: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Sariana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Tandri: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Enemies: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

The cultists act first, raising magical shields and firing rays of utterly cold darkness!

Chilling Darkness: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 211d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 1, 1) = 7

7 cold damage to Tyr. Everybody may act.


LN male skilled human summoner 7 HP 99/99| AC 23 | F +13 R +11 W +11 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +11 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 1 |4: 2/2 3: 2/2 Active Conditions:

Tyr steps up and, true to his promise, bathes them in flames.

Fire Breath: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 4) = 16
DC 23 Basic Reflex

Deregar steps up to stay behind him.


Female Human Vampire Witch (Wild) 7 | HP 57 | AC 21 | Fort +12 Ref +13 Will +12 | Perc +10 | Focus 3 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 21 | HP 35

Floare doesn't care much for the heavy cloak she's been forced to wear to avoid the detrimental effects of sunlight, but after a few ... errors in judgement ... she understands its importance.

That doesn't reduce her dislike for the garment any, though.

In fact, she's been discovering many little things that set her on edge or frustrate her. The Hope that this is just a short-term effect of her transition is one of the things that keeps her moving forward. That and occasionally getting to loose her frustrations on obvious enemies. It's only Sari's restraining hand that keeps her from racing forward to sink her fangs into one of the cultists.

She growls in frustration before following Deregar's example and lashing them with flames.

{A}{A} Produce Flame Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Produce Flame Damage - Fire: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 1) + 4 = 12

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 57/57
Current Focus: 3/3
Current Effects: n/a
Spell DC: 25
Spell Attack: +15
Focus Spells
Cantrips (1) - wilding word
3 - blood ward, life boost, phase familiar

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (3) - dancing lights, guidance, healing plaster, produce flame, protect companion, tanglefoot
1 - horizon thunder sphere, mage armor, spirit link
2 - dispel magic, heal, scorching ray
3 - curse of lost time, haste, lightning bolt
4 - freedom of movement, murderous vine

Dark Archive

| HP 106/106 | AC:25 | Fo:+14 Re:+14 Wi:+15+ | Ath +13, Acr +14, Dec +14, Itm +10, Med +11, Perc +13 | Fangs/Fists +16 2d8+6 | Ki 1/1, HeP: 3/3 | Active Conditions:

Sariana waits just long enough to make sure Floare isn't giving into her instincts before leaping forward at her enemies. They have threatened her kingdom. The punishment is death and there will be no appeal.

Flurry: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 311d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10 DC21 fort save to avoid stun.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 7 | HP 65/65 | AC 19 | Fort +14 Ref +10 Will +15 | Perc +15; darkvision, low-light vision | spell DC 25, attack +15 | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri joins in with the onslought, first providing her goddess's guidance in helping punish the cultists who dared hurt their dragon, and then by sending a searing energy at the nearest.

guidance on Sari
divine lance: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
damage: 5d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 3, 4) = 12


Reflex vs Fire Breath: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 211d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Fortitude vs Stun: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Floare and Tandri miss with their attacks. Tyr burns the cultists with his flame breath, then Sariana moves in to punch one! The man blocks with the shield spell, causing the force to shatter.

Wounded, he reaches out and places a hand against the wall and utters a prayer to the Mother of Monsters. Filaments of fungus slither up into his flesh, healing him. He then slashes at Sariana with his kukri.

Absorb the Bloom: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 3, 4) = 15
Kukri: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 171d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

The other man sustains his shield spell and conjures a spiritual kukri to attack Sariana.

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

6 slashing damage to Sariana. Everybody may act.

Enemy Status:
-6, -16

1,701 to 1,732 of 1,732 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Kingmaker 2E: Table 1 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.