DM Brainiac’s Kingmaker 2E: Table 1

Game Master Brainiac

Hex Map
Kingdom Sheet


101 to 150 of 1,014 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Deregar runs up to threaten the cutthroat on the end, while Tyr circles around to flank and attempts to hamstring the attacker.

◆◆Act Together (◆◆Tyr Stride, ◆Deregar Stride)
◆Tyr Strikes

Flanking
jaws: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 for piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana blurs into motion, crossing the distance in the blink of an eye and swinging a wild haymaker that provides cover for a rather brutal straight jab.

Flurry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Tandri's spell instantly snuffs out the life of one of the cutthroats! Tyr rips open the throat of another thug, taking the man down. Sariana moves in but is unable to land a good hit.

The woman in center of the group of foes grabs a flask of alchemist's fire off her belt and hurls it at Sariana, then follows up with a crossbow bolt.

Alchemist's Fire, Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The other man switches to his dagger and slashes Tyr!

Daggers: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 201d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

6 damage to Deregar. Everybody may act.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Flurry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 141d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Strike: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Sariana dodges the opposing strikes but is unable to land a blow in response. Then she lashes out and grasps the thug by the throat.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri feels a nice smug sense of satisfaction as the man dies from her magic, which she does know is wrong in so many ways, but still... she did admit to doing the vengeance part well.

crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
damage: 1d10 ⇒ 10

Now that the numbers are less, Tandri takes aim with her crossbow at the one fighting Deregar. Shooting into a melee is not something she has practiced much so the worry, stress, and complete desire to not shoot the man with a pet Dragon makes her shot go rather wide.

Cursing about poeple just standing still would be helpful, she starts to reload.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Floare immediately restrains Dante upon entering the garden, the pup growling and making to dash across the open area to attack the thugs.

"This fight is not for you my brave boy," she says, before leveling the crossbow she picked up from the guards. A quick spell to calm her shaking hands is spoken before she fires, but the shot flies wide and vanishes into the greenery.

{A} guidance
Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 15/15
Current Focus: 1/1
Current Effects: n/a

Focus Spells
0 - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - phase familiar

Prepared Spells
0 - DC 17 - dancing lights, detect magic, guidance, healing plaster, know direction
1 - DC 17 - charm, heal


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Tyr moves to engage with a foe while Deregar unleashes a blast of electricity at the two enemies. Then Tyr chomps away.

Act together (Tyr: Step, Deregar: electric arc)
Tyr: Strike

electricity: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 (DC 17 Reflex)

jaws: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 for piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Tyr slays another of the opponents with his sharp jaws, while Deregar zaps the last foe just a bit. The rest of the team fails to finish off the thug, though, and he is able to retaliate against the draconic eidolon, scoring a hit. Deregar shares in the pain.

Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

6 damage to Deregar.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Grumbling in annoyance, Floare reloads the crossbow and then takes aim and fires again.

{A} Reload

{A} Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Crossbow Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 15/15
Current Focus: 1/1
Current Effects: n/a

Focus Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - phase familiar

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - dancing lights, detect magic, guidance, healing plaster, know direction
1 - DC 17 - charm, heal


The thug stumbles slightly into the path of Floare's crossbow bolt! With a groan, he collapses.

Given the chance to look around, you turn your attention to the statue. Tandri recognizes it as a depiction of Milani, the goddess of devotion, hope, and uprisings. The statue stands atop a small stone shelf, so the water flows level with the statue’s knees. Investigating the shelf reveals a hidden compartment beneath the waterline. The stone lid of the submerged compartment slides easily into the wall to reveal several clearly labeled potions: four minor healing potions, a barkskin potion, and a lesser potion of fire resistance. A small bronze key sits in the compartment as well.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Once the discovered potions have been distributed and Dante collected from rummaging around in the bushes, Floare indicates the exit with a wave of her 'borrowed' crossbow.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana claims the barkskin potion and seems utterly uninterested in the rest until Floare insists and even then demurs.

"You take it sweetling." She insists. "A pretty face like yours shouldn't have to worry about scars."

"Now, let's keep moving!"


The bloodied corpses of six guards and three people wearing black cloaks litter the floor of the wide hallway past the water garden. They all have mundane gear, but you are able to collect four unused minor healing potions from the guards.

Several doors lead out of this hall, but you can hear the sound of a deep voice roaring and howling from beyond the nearest door. You can make out some words: "I can't see no more! Where are you halfling? I smash your eyes good when I get you!"

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

A blinded foe is a foe in trouble so Sariana opens the door at once! Even if it does mean saving Tertuccio... She briefly imagines what would happen if he 'unfortunately died' in the process. It's a pleasant thought.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Floare reloads the crossbow she's carrying and keeps to the rear as Sariana reveals the source of the words.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri's arcs an eyebrow at Sariana's use of sweetling for Floare, since that seems like more of a Food adjective, but as an acolyte of Calistra (no matter her leaning) she has heard plenty along that line.
And bringing it up seems more like talking which is Sooo much harder than fighting.
"I can't see no more, is a double negative." she mutters, following the others from the rear position.


This modest-sized library lies in ruins. Bookshelves along the east and west walls have been emptied; books lie heaped into a pile in the northeast corner. Set atop this heap are the severed arms, legs, and heads of a dozen guards and would-be heroes. A blood-spattered padded chair sits next to a shuttered window.

A hulking ogre thrashes about the room, itching and scratching at his lice-ridden furs. The giant bears many fresh wounds, including a crossbow bolt embedded in the small of his back and bloody slashes over his eyes.

Linzi cowers against the wall behind the padded chair. When she sees you, her eyes widen. "Help me!" she shrieks.

Initiative:
Deregar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Floare: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Sariana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Tandri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Ogre: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Floare may act first!


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20
Tandri Rumblespark wrote:
"I can't see no more, is a double negative." she mutters, following the others from the rear position.

"We won't even discuss 'smash your eyes good'," Floare adds.

The girl's mouth falls open at the sight of the ogre, but when Linzi cries out for aid, Floare raises her crossbow and fires. As befitting her recent marksmanship, however, the bolt imbeds itself in an empty bookshelf.

{A} Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

{A} Reload

The wolf-pup races into the room, giving a high-pitched snarl, barking and snapping at the hulking brute.

"Dante!"

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 15/15
Current Focus: 1/1
Current Effects: n/a
Focus Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - phase familiar

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - dancing lights, detect magic, guidance, healing plaster, know direction
1 - DC 17 - charm, heal


The crossbow bolt whizzes past the ogre. He turns in the direction of Floare's voice.

Itchy: 1d20 ⇒ 15

"Who there? I smash you, too!" Scratching himself with one hand, he stumbles over Dante and swings his hook, slicing Sariana!

Ogre Hook: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Blinded: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

7 damage to Sariana.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

For a brief moment, Tandri's spite bubbles up, thinking that the halfling has this coming for not

...
what? Making Tandri a better speaker? For her own strangling awkwardness?
...

Sigh. She realized her hand was up and pointed to the cowering bard, but she forces it toward the towering muscled orge. "If you are going to learn a language, PLEASE try and use it properly." the dwarf comments with scornful weariness, picturing his tongue swelling and bursting in his mouth.

two action harm, dc 17 vs fort
harm: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

And for good measure she fires her crossbow at him.
crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
damage: 1d10 ⇒ 9

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

"Stay out of this Dante." Sariana commands, pushing the puppy away with her foot and completely ignoring the cut across her chest - although it seems remarkably free of blood.

Then she latches onto the ogres arm, allowing herself to be raised into the air as she strikes at its face.

Grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Flurry: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 191d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Deregar would have gulped a potion down after that last encounter.
healing: 1d8 ⇒ 5
And maybe another.
healing: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Back to full. Sorry to be consuming everything!

Deregar raises his arm and the mark on it glows, as does the blazon of Tyr's chest. The dragon races forward and snaps at the ogre twice.

◆ Act together (Deregar: boost eidolon, Tyr: Strike)
◆Tyr Strike
◆Tyr Strike

jaws: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 for piercing: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10
jaws: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 5 = 11 for piercing: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

"Dante, come back here!" Floare calls out and the wolf-pup reluctantly retreats back to her side as she raises her crossbow again and fires. This time she's rewarded with a meaty thunk as the bolt sinks into the ogre's side.

{A} Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Crossbow Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

{A} Reload

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 15/15
Current Focus: 1/1
Current Effects: n/a
Focus Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - phase familiar

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - dancing lights, detect magic, guidance, healing plaster, know direction
1 - DC 17 - charm, heal


Both crossbow bolts sink deep into the ogre’s chest. Sariana lands a heavy blow, and Tyr’s jaws rip at the giant’s flesh! The wounded ogre groans and goes down with a heavy thud!

Linzi breathes a sigh of relief and emerges from her hiding spot. ”Thank you! I thought I was going to be a goner! I got in a lucky hit across his eyes when that brute bent down to try to grab me, but I couldn’t get past him with all his thrashing around. Anyway, there’s safety in numbers. I’ll stay with you guys, if you don’t mind.

“Oh! There’s a secret door in this room, too. Not sure where it leads, but might be worth checking out!”


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri reloads her crossbow, slowly "How did that thick legged heavy foot giant get into this place without an alarm being sounded?" she says aloud, maybe to no one, probably not to a halfling at least. Then with a sigh she says to that halfling "Are you hurt?" and then her eyes look around to the others...

pausing incase Sariana is hiding her wound


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Floare lowers her crossbow and moves into the room, approaching Sariana. She frowns as she notices the lack of blood from the wound on the woman's chest. "Why aren't you ...?"

She reaches a hand out as if to touch the woman on the arm. "W-would you like some healing?" she asks.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

"It didn't actually catch me." Sariana replies, the very picture of nonchalance. "Just ripped my clothes, no harm done. Although if you'll all give me a minute I should probably avoid flashing every petty thug we come across from now on."

She pulls out a needle and thread, grins briefly and moves to a corner of the room so that she can stitch her clothes back together with a modicum of privacy.

Treat Wounds: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d8 ⇒ 4

A few minutes later her clothes have been neatly stitched and no-one is any the wiser that most of the stitches went into Sariana herself, rather than just her clothes.

"Sorry about that." She says, "Let's press on."

Deception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Floare gives Sari a sideways look before shaking her head and turning back to the others. "So, let's see what's behind the secret door, shall we?" she says.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Tandri falls completely for the lovely Sariana's deception. Not giving it another thought, nope, not a single one, other than maybe the delicate swells of her--- no not another thought.

"We should try and find Lady Jamandi and the mayor." Tandri agrees, with a pretty little red blush on her cheeks for NO REASON.


The small, windowless room beyond the secret door contains a large, wooden trunk secured with a formidable-looking padlock. The key you found earlier unlocks the trunk.

Inside the trunk are eight small cloth bags, each holding 100 gp two lesser healing potions, a +1 mace, and a +1 longsword. A small leather-bound journal at the bottom of the trunk contains the names of all Lady Jamandi’s servants and guards, along with the dates on which they receive their monthly pay.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri looks to the others, "I'd imagine if the Lady in question is still alive, and if we took this, we would be considered thieves." the tone Tandri says is a slightly soft rather awed tone at the amount of money here. A tone that suggests she doesn't truly consider this wrong but at least recognizes the potential of misunderstanding (or complete understanding) of the potentially alive and wronged party. "I think we should keep the potions, and if anyone can use the weapons, use them, but leave the gold, locking it all up tight and 'mentioning' it to the Lady once we find her. If she is alive, that is."


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"Agreed. No need to steal from the lady of the house, but these potions and weapons might make sure we actually get to see her."

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

"Can any of you actually use these weapons?" Sariana asks, just managing to make the question genuine rather than condescending. "Mr Rogarvia? The girls seems more like ranged types so far. Lock the money back up and we can keep moving."


The other rooms off this hall include a storage room full of extra oil lamps, bed linens, candles, common tools, and other supplies, the servants' quarters, and the cook's quarters. Chests in the quarters are open and personal items lie scattered about the floor. A search reveals a thin silver necklace with a heart-shaped charm worth 10 gp, and a leather pouch holding 6 gp and 23 sp.

The double doors to the west lead into the scullery. This oddly shaped room contains two sturdy tables for prepping food, a large tin washbasin for cleaning dishes and laundering clothes, a hefty wooden bucket for hauling water, and many shelves containing goblets, plates, dishes, and eating utensils. Though the fragile-looking dishes and glassware remain miraculously undamaged, many bloody corpses lay piled in the middle of the room.

A blue-skinned frost giant sits with his back against the double doors exiting the room to the west! He’s riddled with crossbow bolts and sword wounds, and his left arm seems to have suffered a particularly brutal blow. When he sees you, the giant gurgles in rage and staggers to his feet, raising his bare knuckles in preparation. He does not immediately attack, though.

There are two small doors leading to side rooms just to the left and right of your position. You can hear soft groans of pain coming from the room to the right.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana stops anyone from looting the servants belongings - apparently her sense of honor shies away from theft, at least from those not trying to kill her.

She strides straight towards the giant, lurches sideways and slams a kick into his left knee!

Flurry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Move, stance, Flurry and start the fight! ;


"Wait! I don't think that's a good idea!" Linzi says as Sariana starts forward. But it's too late--the giant roars with fury and moves to intercept the half-elf!

Initiative:
Deregar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Floare: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Sariana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Tandri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Giant: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

He is on her before she can react. With two heavy punches, the giant knocks Sariana down!

Fist: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 241d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

The effort reopens the wound in his left arm, though, and he begins to bleed heavily.

Wounded Arm DC 12: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 51d20 ⇒ 2

20 damage to Sariana. She is down at dying 1. Everybody may act! If Sariana gains HP, she can stand up and use her previous rolls for her attacks this round.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

When Sariana is brutally crushed to the floor, Tandri raises her hand to heal her, since the little dwarf knows they need the swordswoman, even if she assumed Tandri wouldn't know how to swing a mace (which she does, just not well).

'Plus... she rather interesting' the corners of her mind whisper.

recall knowledge religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

But the cleric stops, there should be blood, Everywhere, and the thud and thunk against her flesh was just Wrong. Could she be? Maybe?
She reconsiders.

This might kill her if she's wrong, but That might kill her the other way if she's right. "Hells and Bells all in one" she mutters, and goes with her gut.

two action HARM on Sariana: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana pops back up like a puppet and throws a nasty one-two combination into the giant's leg, before throwing a glance over her shoulder at Tandri.

The gaze is serious.

Stance. Above rolls. Strike.
Strike: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 141d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri meets the gaze, hiding any gulps or winces. As long as it wasn't talking or flirting or other things like that, Tandri was not a wilting kitten. So she returned the gaze and waved her hand toward the frost giant, like saying, Well Get On With It then, before you kill me.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"Sure, let's fight a giant! What a day."

Wary of the giant's blows, Deregar keeps his distance, though he shouts threateningly at the giant.

"Surrender now! We're more than you can handle."

At least in your current state.

Intimidation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

He follows up with a jolt of energy to the brain, while Tyr goes to stand in front of Tandri and Floare.

◆◆Act Togther: Deregar casts daze, Tyr Strides
Will DC 17 or 4 mental damage. Stunned 1 on crit. fail.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Floare bites back a cry when Sariana is slammed to the ground. When the woman responds with a glare of sorts when Tandri heals her confuses Floare even more. Not enough to ignore the giant in the room, but it's still she wants to ask the cleric about later.

She raises her crossbow and fires at the giant.

{A} Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Crossbow Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

{A} Reload

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 15/15
Current Focus: 1/1
Current Effects: n/a
Focus Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - wilding word
1 - DC 17 - phase familiar

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (1) - DC 17 - dancing lights, detect magic, guidance, healing plaster, know direction
1 - DC 17 - charm, heal


Will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Linzi raises her voice in an inspiring chant. The giant resists Deregar’s spell, but Floare lodges yet another crossbow bolt in his chest! Tandri gets Sariana back on her feet, allowing the monk to deliver a devastating blow to the giant’s leg, shattering his femur. He groans and falls forward, and with a swift strike to the back of his head, Sariana slays the giant!

There are 11 fallen guards in this chamber, and also the following gear from other fallen adventurers: a suit of half-plate armor, three suits of gore-stained chainmail armor, a battle axe, four longswords, nine daggers, a crossbow, 13 bolts, a glaive, several pieces of minor jewelry (rings, brooches, and necklaces) worth a total of 30 gp, and a blood-smeared coyote cloak.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

"Any of you want some armor?" Sariana asks. "Take these at least sweetling, we don't want you getting too close to anything dangerous."

She tosses the bolts over to Floare with a gentle, underarm throw before rolling the magical cloak into a tight ball and securing it under her belt with what looks like the ease of long practise.

"Thank you." She says, turning to Tandri. "I appreciate the help. Let's press on and not think about it again. I'll try harder to dodge next time."

She heads for the doors where noises were heard before the battle starts.

"The giant's dead. Come out now!"


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri watched the other woman intently, not certain if she was going to be attacked any second. Instead she was thanked, Surprise, she imagined someone shouting, almost making her jump.

The 'not think of it again' comment was clear, so she firmed her mouth and nodded.


There is no response to Sariana's call. Looking into the adjoining room, you can see floor-to-ceiling shelves cover the walls of a well-stocked pantry. The shelves contain various salted meats, loaves of bread, sacks of grain and flour, and an assortment of potatoes and vegetables. Twelve barrels sit against the west wall.

Amiri, Harrim, and Valerie lie unconscious in a tangled heap in the middle of the pantry floor. They’re bruised and battered, and their weapons lie nearby. Occasionally, one of them lets out a soft groan.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

"only so many potions... but more people helping is better than having potions." she reasons out loud, then cradles a head and forcing down a potion down Harrim's throat. Rolling a potion to Floare and Deregar for the other two.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Floare takes the offered potion and applies it to the warrior woman, Amiri. "Was the giant ... storing ... them here?" she asks with a frown.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri looks up at Floare, her own eyes widening at the implications. "in the pantry..."


Healing: 1d8 ⇒ 71d8 ⇒ 21d8 ⇒ 1

The potions rouse the trio of adventurers. Harrim and Valerie sit up woozily, but Amiri leaps to her feet and grabs her oversized sword. ”Where is that godsdamned giant? I’m going to cut his head off!”

The barbarian grunts in disappointment when you tell her the giant is already dead. ”He got the jump on us. I could have taken him in a fair fight,” she insists.


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

"You still weakened him considerably. We wouldn't have been able to finish him off unless he was grievously wounded." Deregar sincerely compliments the trio.

That was a frightening enemy.

"You're the first people we've found who survived the assault at all."

101 to 150 of 1,014 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Kingmaker 2E: Table 1 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.