DM Brainiac’s Kingmaker 2E: Table 1

Game Master Brainiac

Hex Map
Kingdom Sheet


201 to 250 of 1,017 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Deregar casts a finger of icy at the axe-weilding foe.

ray of frost: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for cold: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

He draws his mace with his last action.


Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The Black Tear commander snarls and grunts in pain as Sariana punches her, Tandri wracks her mind, and Deregar blasts her with ice. She is badly wounded but still on her feet. She swings her axe at Sariana, cutting into the half-elf and almost taking her out again! She tries to follow up and finish her off, but Sariana narrowly dodges the finishing blow!

Greataxe: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 211d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Persistent Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 21d20 ⇒ 11

12 damage to Sariana.

Enemy Status:
-34


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Bravely or foolishly, Deregar rushes in and flanks with Sariana. A muttered incantation and his hand becomes clawed, swiping at the leader.

gouging claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 for slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
hero point: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

"Almost!" Sariana crows, before launching a blistering volley of blows, hoping to overwhelm the woman.

Flurry, Strike, Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 71d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Her first blow hits the woman in the stomach hard enough to double her over, even with the chainmail protecting her. The vampire follows up with a brutal knee strike that snaps the woman's head up once more, as well as shattering her nose in a spray of blood.

Sariana pauses for a brief moment to lick the blood from her lips before throwing a side-kick in perfect form which sends the now faceless body flying into the wall of the dueling with a rather final sounding crunch.


Moments after the leader meets her brutal end, Amiri and Valerie finish off the last of the lesser thugs. Lady Jamandi guts one of the frost giants, and as he staggers and doubles over, she runs up his body, leaps, and slices open the throat of the second giant! Both mighty foes crash to the ground as she lands in a nimble crouch and flicks the blood off of her dueling sword.

"I thank you for your heroics tonight," Lady Jamandi says. "I promise to reward you suitably, but first we must secure the manor and tend to the wounded."


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri watches first Sari's devistation of the lovely red head's face, and then the stunning throat cutting of their sponsor to giants. Almost absently, as she watches with open mouth wonder, her hand presses against Sari's hip and commands her undead flesh to knit together.

harm: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Deregar is stunned by the derring-do of his companion and the swordlord. "Wow! Weren't these the leaders? What do we need to do to secure the manor?"


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri whispers up at the undead lady "you should flick the blood off your boot like that, it is really something." she doesn't take her eyes off the half-elf, until Deregar brings up a good point "How many of these dagger people are there?" her tone incredious.


”I doubt there are many more left, and with their leaders dead, they likely won’t have much fight in them,” Lady Jamandi says. ”You’ve done more than your fair share. My men and I can handle things from here. Rest if you need to.” And with that, she is off.

***

Getting things in hand takes the rest of the night and most of the next morning. A few hours after dawn the next day, the situation at the manor is more or less under control. Engineers from Restov have arrived and are busy surveying the fire-damaged parts of the manor to plan repairs, while the dead have been gathered and are being prepared for funeral services. Servants are busy throughout the manor and grounds, making minor repairs, cleaning up bloodstains, or recovering from the ordeal.

Lady Jamandi offers each of you a reward of 50 gp and two lesser healing potions for your valorous deeds the night before. She also allows the you to keep the magic weapons from her vault, in addition to as much bandit treasure and gear as you can carry, though she hints that she will put any looted gear you leave behind to good use.

She asks you to reconvene in the Great Hall at noon when the other groups of adventurers who had been staying off-site will return as well.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri takes a deep breath, expanding her chest to the fullest, then lets it all out in a long sigh. Whether is relief or disappointment is uncertain for any that saw the difference in her from the dinner table to the heat of battle.

The timid little mouse comes back in those moments of silence after Lady Jamandi starts to head off. Awkward horrible silence, so suddenly Tandri announces (a little too loudly), "I can help! Um... I know first aid... its a Calistrian requirement because... um... that's not important." she starts to rush out "I'll get my healing kit."

If left to her own devices, Tandri will spend the evening helping with the wounded, not from a soft overly caring heart, but because doing so, having something to do, is just easier.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Alongside Tandri, Floare also offers her healing abilities to those that are still wounded.

As they're working on one of the servants, the witch leans in closer to Tandri. "Is there something different about Sariana? The healing you've been using on her is ... not typical."


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri leans closer, opening her mouth, letting her eyes dash to the other woman "It's..." she starts "... a secret." she finishes, feeling bad that she couldn't but "My goddess is the goddess of secrets, so I can't tell. Without good reason." she whispers back, giving Floare a small tight smile, worried and anxious.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Floare frowns for just a moment before covering it with a mask of neutrality. "I didn't realize that you already knew her well enough to keep her secrets," she says in a tone deliberately lacking in accusation. "She's very beautiful. I ... uh ..." She glances over to the dark-haired woman again. "I see. Don't worry about me; I have no interest in her at all."

Deception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Yeah, sure she doesn't.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"Well enough? No, um..." Tandri pauses from where she is kneeling and wrapping an unconscious servant's bloody stump. Turning to look at Floare she attempts to explain, "It's more about a secret can't be handed out freely, the head mistress would say 'a secret is more precious than the shinest diamond to the right person.'" she is explaining, Truly, not asking to be bribed for the secret, though her eyes drift to the fuzzy loveliness nestled in the other woman's lap, quite involuntarily.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

"Of course," Floare replies as if reading a line in a mummer's performance. She wipes off her hands and gives a meaningful glance at her familiar. The ball of fuzzy loveliness gives an understanding yip and romps over to roll against Tandri's calf, looking up at the dwarf with a toothy grin.

Rising from the patient that Tandri seems to have well in hand, Floare makes her way purposefully over to where Sariana is watching the clean-up efforts with a predatory gaze.

"I know that Tandri wasn't using normal healing magic on you," she says, turning to watch the laborious efforts as well, avoiding the appearance of confronting the woman. "If we're going to be working together then there should be at least a minimal level of trust between us. There may come times when you need magical healing and Tandri isn't available. In that case you're going to have to rely on me. Wouldn't it behoove you to let me know the best way to help you?"


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

All thoughts of helping the poor sick and miserable disappear, as waves of giddiness ripple from the rabbit-smelling young pink dwarf. In gentle reverent hands, Tandri lifts Dante into the air, level to her face. Her amber eyes glowing like a warm fire, smile wide and beaming, and then she swallows him in her arms, cuddling, snuggling, rubbing to their mutual contentment (hopefully)

Remembering her lessons, eventually, she opens her eyes to relay her part of the bargain, but Floare has gotten up already and headed toward the dark-haired woman. "Oh, um..." she wasn't sure what to do in this situation, so after a moment of hesitation, she tells Dante instead "she's undead, what kind I don't know, but certainly necrotic." she tells the toothy one sagely, before suggesting she find him some meat, lots of meat until his belly is a full as it can be.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana goes with the Swordlord, her thirst for combat apparently undiminished. It may well be that she recognises the chance to impress their prospective sponsor too - which is rarely a bad thing.

Indeed the half-elf seems utterly indefatigable, assisting with every battle until sunrise and with the following clean-up. There's an odd moment where she finds a group of three Black Knives who all seem to have been savaged by some sort of animal - to judge by the blood all over the floor, but overall the guard are very happy to have her help.

Floare wrote:

Rising from the patient that Tandri seems to have well in hand, Floare makes her way purposefully over to where Sariana is watching the clean-up efforts with a predatory gaze.

"I know that Tandri wasn't using normal healing magic on you," she says, turning to watch the laborious efforts as well, avoiding the appearance of confronting the woman. "If we're going to be working together then there should be at least a minimal level of trust between us. There may come times when you need magical healing and Tandri isn't available. In that case you're going to have to rely on me. Wouldn't it behoove you to let me know the best way to help you?"

"So you say..." Sariana replies softly. "And what if I told you that my secret, such as it is, might send you screaming in fear? Would you still want to know? If I told you that sharing this secret would result in your permanent and irrevocable death, and only after I'd killed Dante in front of your eyes? I do have a secret, but you have to decide whether you really want to know it. Your concern is... kind?" There's a hint of a question to that last sentence. "But I can take care of myself. I have no concern with your 'minimal level of trust', but what you're asking me is not minimal."

Sariana turns to give Floare the full weight of her gaze, a dark and strangely enticing look. "You're asking the wrong question, Sweet Flower. This isn't about whether I trust you, it's about whether you truly want to know, and whether you trust yourself with what comes next..."


At noon, you gather once more in the Great Hall. It’s shocking how quickly Lady Jamandi’s staff have restored the manor’s Great Hall in the space of a few morning hours. Very few signs of the violence of the night before remain, and things have been mostly returned to normal. As the adventurers who survived the assault take seats at the tables, other adventurers who arrived just today settle in as well. Even with these newcomers, though, there are far fewer heroes in the hall than there were the previous evening, and the atmosphere is serious and somber as Lady Jamandi steps up to speak.

“I would like to thank those of you who helped defeat the Black Tears last night,” Lady Jamandi begins. “It’s obvious someone doesn’t like our plans to settle the Stolen Lands. Well, we’re not so easily dissuaded, are we? I say no, and this morning, I would like to issue formal charters to all of you to begin exploring the Stolen Lands and make them safe for tomorrow’s settlers.

“The first charter we would like to bequeath goes to the group called the Iron Wraiths,” she states, with a wave towards a band of four well-armored adventurers. “The tales of your adventures have thrilled many Brevic nobles, and I’m excited to see what you can do with the exploration of the Glenebon Uplands. Your charter is to establish a base for Brevoy there after dealing with the Tiger Lords and then to open diplomatic relations with Pitax from a point of strength.”

The Iron Wraiths make their way up to Lady Jamandi and she gives them their charters. Each of the four adventurers wears heavy armor with full helms. As they leave the room, they give the other adventurers arrogant smirks and make a few disparaging catcalls. Lady Jamandi shakes her head in frustration and disapproval at these antics then proceeds with the second charter.

“Baron Hannis Drelev, as per our previous discussions, your charter is one of specific importance for Brevoy. Securing the southern trade routes along the East Sellen River and establishing a base for merchant caravans and barges alike is of utmost importance! Hooktongue Slough will be your base of operations.”

A dour-looking nobleman takes his charter from Lady Jamandi with a crisp bow that’s barely more than a nod, then walks from the room. You notice a slight sneer on his face as he makes his exit with nary a word nor look toward anyone else. Once he’s on his way, Lady Jamandi turns to one of your table mates from the previous evening.

“Maegar Varn, your father Androth has long been a faithful friend. Your charter assigns you to Nomen Heights to establish a town with the Varnling Host. In time, we hope to establish an Aldori dueling school there, but in the more immediate future, we ask you to broker an alliance with the Nomen centaurs who roam the region. I trust you and your fellows are up to the task!”

Maegar Varn walks up to accept his charter from Lady Jamandi. As he leaves the Great Hall, he passes by your table and smiles at Deregar. “Once you get established, I would love to have you come visit so we can set up trade relations. Good luck!” With a swish of his cape, he turns and leaves.

Once he’s gone, only you and a few others who managed to survive the night remain in the hall. “And last, but certainly not least, last night’s heroes. First, I want to thank you again for risking your lives to help defend my manor. The courage, gumption, and skill you displayed will take you far, I suspect! For your charters, we’re asking you to travel to the southwest into the region known as the Greenbelt, a swath of wildlands that includes the forest known as the Narlmarches and the hill country of the Kamelands. We’ve heard that the bandits have grown particularly aggressive in the Greenbelt, and they need to be stopped before anyone safely settles in the region. A small trading post in the Rostland hinterlands has been particularly hard hit—I suggest starting there. Once the bandits have been dealt with, we will be ready to bequeath to you more permanent charters to settle the land and establish a government of your own!”

Lady Jamandi hands each of you, as well as the other adventurers, copies of the same charter.

Be it known that the bearer of this charter has been charged by the Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good and authority vested within them by the office of the Lord-Mayor of Restov, the right of exploration and travel within the wilderness regions known as Restov’s Hinterlands and the Greenbelt. Exploration should be limited to an area west and south of Oleg’s Trading Post, no further than the banks of the Shrike and Skunk Rivers. The carrier of this charter should strive against banditry and other unlawful behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope.

So witnessed on this 24th day of Calistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov.

Lady Jamandi nods. "There you have it. You may depart as soon as you are ready. Good luck, my friends!"


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20
Sariana Nightsong wrote:
Sariana turns to give Floare the full weight of her gaze, a dark and strangely enticing look. "You're asking the wrong question, Sweet Flower. This isn't about whether I trust you, it's about whether you truly want to know, and whether you trust yourself with what comes next..."

Floare pales slightly at Sariana's words, but turns her gaze back to the intriguing woman, her gaze unflinching. "You seem to think that I'm weak or naïve," she says. "I'll have you know that I'm neither of these things." Without another word, she turns to walk away back towards her familiar and Tandri.

~~~~~

Floare accepts her charter reverently and after looking it over with excitement, secures it within her bag.

"So when shall we leave?" she asks the others.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:
Floare wrote:
Sariana Nightsong wrote:
Sariana turns to give Floare the full weight of her gaze, a dark and strangely enticing look. "You're asking the wrong question, Sweet Flower. This isn't about whether I trust you, it's about whether you truly want to know, and whether you trust yourself with what comes next..."
Floare pales slightly at Sariana's words, but turns her gaze back to the intriguing woman, her gaze unflinching. "You seem to think that I'm weak or naïve," she says. "I'll have you know that I'm neither of these things." Without another word, she turns to walk away back towards her familiar and Tandri.

"I think you're delicious." Sariana says to Floare's retreating back. "And so very young."

~~~~~
"So you've handed out a charter to four people, to one person, to one more person and now one to..." Sariana pauses to count swiftly. "Ten people. Is the Greenbelt really that dangerous?"


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Deregar gives Maegar Varn and genuine smile. "We'll see you soon. Sooner than you might think!"

We'll really impress Varn when we've tamed the Greenbelt. I'm sure he'll have his town settled quickly as well. He looks very capable."

To Sariana, he says: "It sounds like a big area, so it will be helpful to have many hands to tame it. I wonder how numerous the bandits are, and how difficult they'll be to roust."


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri glares at the Iron Assess when they pass, mumbling softly "putting them in charge of diplomacy??" as she gets a charter she says "thank you"


"The groups I've assigned to the other regions of the Stolen Lands have established track records," Lady Jamandi explains. "While your heroics last night were definitely impressive, you are still starting out in your adventuring careers. The more of you there are in the Greenbelt, the greater your chances of success."

As Tartuccio claims his copy of the charter, the gnome gives you all a sniveling grin. "Ha! You all are welcome to wrestle in the dirt with bandits together, but I will have my own kingdom carved out in no time! Now's your chance to join with a winner before it's too late!"

Amiri, Linzi, and Valerie all give Tartuccio disparaging looks. Harrim, however, quietly gathers his things and moves to stand beside the gnome.

Jaethal hesitates, appearing to be conflicted. The elf looks between Tartuccio and your group. Her eyes linger on Sariana for a few moments, then she finally makes a decision and moves to join you.

Tartuccio scoffs. "Your loss! See you around!" he calls as he moves to depart.

Harrim looks at you and nods solemnly. "I do hope your final fates are distant and pleasant. May you embrace your inevitable ends with dignity." He follows Tartuccio out.

Once they have left, Linzi looks around at the eight adventurers still assembled. "Alright! Eight is a nice number, I think. Now, our heroic tale of adventure truly begins. The Stolen Lands await!"

Everybody is now level 2!


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri's eyes follow her nearest kin in this area as he leaves the hall. Harrim choose the stunningly arrogant gnome of her, which hurt, even though she understood. She gives the halfling a tight smile at her excitement.

"I should gather my stuff then." she says simply then hurries off to get her backpack from their quarters.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20
Sariana Nightsong wrote:
"I think you're delicious." Sariana says to Floare's retreating back. "And so very young."

The only betrayer that Floare heard Sariana's words is a slight stumble in her footsteps as she continues to walk back to Tandri. Her face being turned away, the woman doesn't get to see the flush filling Floare's cheeks.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana's nose twitches slightly as she scents the rush of blood from the pretty, living girl behind her, but the vampire doesn't react any further.

~~~~~~~
"We should secure supplies before we leave." Sariana says, ever the practical one. "Restov has plentiful shops and I doubt we'll get many opportunities in the south. Let us meet at the southern gate in... three hours. Everyone should bring their own food, pack animals and any other items that they will need. Anyone late will be left behind." No harm in cracking the whip a little.

Jaethal's odd hesitation intrigues Sariana - of all the people here the cleric is the most likely person to figure out her secret, and possibly to approve of it, so investigating her seems important. But not until we depart. Don't want her running off to that gnome prick if she gets scared.

~~~~~~~
Two and a half hours later Sariana is waiting at the southern gate. She has purchased a sturdy pack and some new clothes, including a wide brimmed hat that shades her face and gloves. Combined with the scarf which she has loosely draped around her neck, Sariana is hard to recognise and showing almost no skin except on her face.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

The vampire dismisses people then heads on her way, only to catch a whiff of something amazing. Turning, she notices Tandri behind her. "I don't know the city well, so I decided to follow you." she admits awkwardly

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

The familiar, flowery and remarkably enticing scent that hit Sariana's nose had her turning with a smirk already on her lips when the voice tells her that it isn't the sweet blonde she was expecting.

"Neither do I." She replies calmly, taking in the darker pink shades on the dwarf's cheeks. "But cities have not changed much in a thousand years. Most people and shops will be at the center - cheaper ones further out."

The pair walk in silence for a while, with Sariana sticking to overhangs and shade wherever she can find it, even in the overcast weather before the vampire speaks again.

"You haven't told anyone, I trust?" She says, and the tone of command in her voice is harsh and unforgiving. "If I find myself being chased away because of you, then be assured Tandri Rumblespark that I will come back for you. But as long as you can be... careful, then there is no reason we should not get on perfectly well together."


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Before Tandri manages an answer, a friendly yip announces Dante's presence as he lopes in from a side street to give a friendly sniff at Sariana's and then the dwarf's ankles.

His mistress not far behind, Floare approaches carrying a bag filled with various dried herbs and a small loaf of fresh bread.

"I would hope that we would get along perfectly well together, considering that we're expected to be working together for the foreseeable future," she says with a nervous grin. "Sorry. I wasn't actually listening in to your conversation, but I couldn't help overhearing the last part." She looks from Sari's stern face to the dwarf's hesitant one. "I haven't interrupted anything, have I?"

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana gives Floare a flat look that screams "Yes" more loudly than a chorus of the damned.

What she doesn't do is lie about it.

There are no platitudes, no 'of course you didn't's. Just that look and her absolute conviction that you know you did.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Ignoring Sariana's accusatory gaze, Floare slips her arm through Tandri's and moves to continue walking on towards the center of commerce. "So what do you still need to purchase?" she asks before looking back over her shoulder. "Dante," she calls, "Come along and bring Sariana with you." Her lips curl up into a smile that only the dark-haired woman can see.

The wolf-pup yips and then playfully pulls at Sariana's ankle.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

Sariana crouches down to look at the wolf pup on a more even footing and speaks, very quietly.

"You are a good boy Dante, and very smart. Your mistress thinks that she is, but we both know that you are the clever one, and yes, I know that you understand me, and that you'll tell her everything when you can. I knew a pair like you, long ago. She was bold and curious and he was slow, patient and fierce. I hope your mistress can be more like him and less like her. I don't want to leave you alone."

Then she reaches out to scratch the wolf behind his adorable little ears, digging in until he's wriggling with pleasure.

"You can have a tummy rub too," The vampire promises with a flashing smile. "Later. If you're good."


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

A thrill of fear travels up her spine at the threat, but before she could respond Floare is there. She considers admitting everyone here knows Sari's secret and doesn't seem to care, but instead she sighs and answers "Oranges, a waffle iron, two more waterskins, and one of those magical bags which will allow me to buy as much rations as we might need for a month." then she pauses "And more books."


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

"Food?" Floare questions as if surprised. "I hadn't really thought about that," she says, absentmindedly pulling a chunk off the fresh loaf in her hand and then offering the loaf to Tandri. "We've always had a garden and ..."

"Where are you, Child?" her mother called out from the doorway of the cottage. Floare peered out from behind the bushes she was hiding behind. She wouldn't be able to remain out here long. Mother's patience - tenuous at the best of times - wouldn't extend to her missing dinner.

Slipping back behind the greenery, she looked over the plants until she found the one she'd been seeking. With a quick tug, she pulled it from the ground and plucked off the thick root at the bottom. Wiping the dirt off on her tattered dress, she lifted the prize and bit off a large chunk. "You're dinner's getting cold, Child!" Floare took another quick bite and then stood up, tossing the remainder aside, chewing as she went "Coming, Mother."

Floare shrugs. "I just figured we'd be living off the land. There's lots of food if you know where to look."

Dante rolls and then pounces left and then right, playfully, before racing back to Flore.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri gladly takes the bread and chews it with obvious happiness. "I know, there were plenty of times it was safer to live in the woods, but city food is so much better... not rations, yes, but..." she looks back to see the belly rubs. Floare feels a tingling from Tandri's skin,travelling up her arm "um... what were we talking about? Oh! I should buy scones!"


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

Floare brightens. "Oh, if you're getting a magical bag that can carry a lot of things, then how about flour, salt, and potash?" she asks. "I'm sure we can find berries or honey out there somewhere. Then we can have some nice biscuits."

She glances back over her shoulder again.

"Wouldn't fresh biscuits in the wild be wonderful?" she calls out to Sariana.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri can smell the biscuits, taste the melting fluffyness and the imagined pleasure rushes across her skin "Oh, yes, that would be great!" she exclaims, nodding up "Honey too I think." she looks back to see if Floare's attempt was accepted.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

Tandri slips away to start haggling with a grocer, concentrating on Floare's suggestions, a supply of backup trail rations, and then Extras. Tools like the waffle iron, a kettle, a pan, a fire hook, and a stand. Then yummy bits like oranges, lemons, cinnamon, sugar, some hard cheeses, some red seasoning that burned her nose when she smelled too close, dried sausages, a large bag of savory beans, and a supply of those coffee beans others rave about.

Chewing her lower lip, she worried if there would be enough. Which she decided she didn't, so bought some apples, a bottle of brandy (and then another), chocolate, various teas, jerky, and a collection of camping mess kits.

And a cooking pot.

She TRULY wished she could bring cream and butter but her magic does not preserve, sadly.

This took a while, of course, leaving the other two women to 'talk' if they wished to.


Once everybody has finished their shopping, you link up with Amiri, Jaethal, Linzi, and Valerie. The eight of you leave Restov behind as you head west along the road...towards destiny!

***

Chapter 2: Stolen Lands

A week after leaving Restov, you arrive at Oleg's Trading Post. Oleg’s Trading Post is a repurposed border fort located at the southern edge of Rostland. To the south, the green line of the Narlmarches looms only a few miles away. Owned and operated by a stern and somewhat unimaginative man named Oleg Leveton and his wife Svetlana, the trading post’s remote location and inconvenient distance from a major river prevents it from realizing significant financial success.

A 10-foot-high wooden palisade surrounds Oleg’s Trading Post. A watchtower—remnants from the site’s original use as a border fort—rises at each corner of the stockade, each armed with a run-down catapult. The single entrance into the palisade is through a 30-foot-wide wooden gate.

Svetlana greets you warmly when you arrive. She leads you to a pair of tables by a firepit in the trading post's market yard, where large portion of hearty stew and warm bread await. She has even opened a bottle of wine to thank you for coming to their aid.

Oleg himself is busy repairing a leak in the roof over the guesthouse. When he sees you, he climbs down to greet you, all sweaty and gruff, but leaves most of the talking to his wife.

"I know you've come a long way to be here," Svetlana says. "Please, eat, drink, relax for a bit. I'll be happy to tell you all about our bandit woes once you've had your fill."


LN male skilled human summoner 4 HP 56/56 | AC 19 | F +9 R +7 W +8 (+1 vs sleep/paralysis)| Perc +8 | Resist Fire 5 speed 25 ft | focus 1/1| Hero 0 | Active Conditions: Stupefied 2

Deregar tucks right in to the meal. "Thank you for laying such a welcoming spread for us. How have the bandits been attacking? And how many are there? Do you have any sense."

Tyr is nowhere to be seen.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

On The Road, part 1:
As the group travels Sariana finds herself becoming tired of the significant looks that Floare keeps throwing her way, as well as the slight squirming that Tandri evinces every time the three of them are in close proximity. So one day, three days from Restov, she takes the young women aside for a 'chat'.

"Out with it." She says bluntly, once the three of them are far enough away not to be overheard. "Stop pussyfooting around like a pair of virgins in a brothel. This is your one chance to ask the questions you want answered." She doesn't actually lead into the questions, she has no intention of making it that easy for them, but the constant glances and the partial knowledge has been truly annoying her. Time for some clarity, one way or another.

On The Road, part 2:
The next evening Sariana waits until Jaethal departs to complete her devotions and then follows the Urgathoan. Kuthite though she is, the vampire waits for the half-elf to complete her devotions before deliberately stepping on a twig to announce her presence.

"I've never had much time for the Pallid Princess." She says, not bothering to pretend. "Her worship has always seemed... to lack artistry, at least to me. But you, Jaethal, you interest me."

She lets that comment marinate for a little while. "When you joined our group... I feel as though I was the deciding factor. What I can't tell is whether that is a good thing, or not." She cocks her head to one side. "Will you tell me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At Oleg's Sariana clasps Oleg's hand in a firm grip of her own and then insists on serving everyone else's food until she eventually sits down with a bowl of her own that is quickly polished off. There's a slightly gaunt look to her face that doesn't fade, even as she pulls down her scarf and tips back the wide-brimmed hat, but she doesn't push for information, seeming content to wait for Svetlana to tell the tale in her own time.


Female Human Witch (Wild) 4 | HP 36 | AC 17 | Fort +7 Ref +7 Will +8 | Perc +6 | Focus 2 | Hero Point: 2/3 || Familiar (Dante) AC 17 | HP 20

On The Road, part 1::
Floare shares a look with Tandri before returning her eyes to Sariana's.

"I have no actual questions," Floare responds, attempting to hold the woman's gaze. "I'm aware that you're undead. What specific type, I don't know and I'm not going to ask as it's none of my business. Dante likes you and that carries a lot of weight with me." She looks down at the pup in her arms with a smile. "As long as you're not preying on our own group then I prefer to live and ... let ... live." She fumbles at the end as the phrasing falls flat.

~~~~~

During the week's travel, Floare has been busying herself by collecting wild herbs and naturally growing vegetables to supplement their purchased rations. Rising early before the others each morning, once her quality time with her familiar is finished and the cooking fire is banked, she spends an hour or so creating herb-seasoned travel bread, humming to herself in contentment.

~~~~~

Floare accepts the offer of the stew with good grace, but takes greater pleasure in the bread. The chunks of meat in the stew she discretely passes along to Dante.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

on the road 1:

Tandri squirms, but not cause of looks or thoughts, just people. "I..." she is confused but as Floare talks she understands, and brightens, her eyes becoming eager "Oh, that question. I've tried to figure it out. Ghoul, no, gross. Zombie, skin too nice. Ghost, reverent, too solid, Skeleton, too fleshy...." she stops stammering, leaning into the ideas.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

on the road 2:

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Night after night, Tandri reads a book before bed. And night after night, Lindzi writes in hers. Until one night, Tandri leans over the halfling's shoulder and READS.
"Oh, that is... Wonderful" she gushes, quick and almost too loud. Surprising even herself, so she clasps her hand over her mouth "sorry"

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

On the Road 1:
"You can say 'live and let die'." Sariana replies with a smirk. "I won't take offense."

As Tandri bumbles her way through the list of common undead Sariana listens with an arched eyebrow and when the dwarf trails off she simply nods. She said the girls get to ask questions if they want and Tandri hasn't, so Sari waits, enjoying the situation. It isn't torment in the way she used to understand it, but there is power here none the less and she can appreciate that just as much as peeling back the skin to observe the wonderous workings of the body beneath.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

on the road:

Tandri lists all the basics, enjoying the exercise of it. Also there is slight pleasure from openly examining another "... lich? not screaming about power all the time, dracolich, no wings or tail?" she looks to be sure, oddly enjoying herself. "Possession? um, I don't know if it would effecting healing, but maybe possessing a corpse.
Hmmm, you aren't spitting up or twirling your head around.
" she feels like she should examine the woman's mouth for rotting teeth now. She stares for a moment at the woman's lips. Then the scarf....

religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

And sighs, with much volume, and tail sagging "I don't know." defeated, she becomes grumpy again. "What are you? And are you luring us out in the wild to eat us?" the second question is only said cause of the grumpiness. She knows the other woman has had plenty of opportunity to kill both of them, if she had wanted to.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

On the Road 1:
"A vampire, and no." Sariana says simply, and then can't resist continuing. "If I wanted to eat either of you it would require fewer clothes and you'd scream quite enough to bring the others. I used to be very good at it." She draws her tongue slowly across her lips to emphasise the sensual implications and lets her fangs protrude enough that both girls can see them.

A small part of her is praying that things continue to go well, she doesn't want to get run out of yet another group, let alone being forced to go and join that arrogant arse Tertuccio. And she's become quite fond of making the girls in front of her blush.


Female Dwarf Tiefling Cleric 4 | HP 12/50 | AC 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +12 | Perc +10; darkvision, low-light vision | hero point 0 she's the pink one: Active Conditions:

on the road again:

"Oh..." the word is soft and wonderous in her voice, mixed in with a healthy dose of surprise, while the enchanting smell and very feel of the air around her raise in power and heat "I... um... yes, that's fine." but then Tandri colors from head to toe, more pink than normal, realizing how that 'that's fine' could be taken "I mean. The... um... vampire part of what you said." the end of her tail sensually sways back and forth as the rest of her stammers and blushes. "Okay, settled. Fine. Thank you. Um... bye." and then the dwarf quickly exits.

Dark Archive

| HP 60/60 | AC:20 | Fo:+10 Re:+10 Wi:+9 | Dec/Itm +6[7], Per/Med/Nat +7, Stl +8, Ath +10 | Fangs/Fists +11 2d8+4 | Ki 1/1 | Active Conditions:

On the Road 1:
Sariana watches Tandri flee with a smirk, the expression making her normally unremarkable face devastatingly beautiful for a moment.

"And what about you, Sweet Flower? Are we 'fine'? Or do you need a demonstration of my eating skills?"


Sariana:
Jaethal stares at Sariana when the half-elf confronts her. "The answer is simple, Lady Nightsong," the elf says. "I sensed among you a kindred spirit. One who understands the intricacies of existing among the living, but apart from them."

Tandri:
Linzi laughs when Tandri starts reading over her shoulder. 'No need to apologize! You like it? It's just a first draft, of course, but I wouldn't mind a second set of eyes looking over it. Here!"

The halfling chats amiably with the dwarf for the remainder of the night.

You have gained 1 Influence Point with Linzi.

***

Svetlana can tells you what she knows about the bandits. The bandits’ first visit was three months ago—they threatened to burn down the trading post if the Levetons didn’t agree to hand over all of the furs and trade goods they’d accumulated from various hunters and trappers.

Since then, the bandits have returned twice more, each time within an hour of sunrise on the first day of the month. The Levetons have learned to have their “taxes” ready and hand them over quickly—the bandits always seem eager to return to their camp somewhere to the south in the Greenbelt, which makes Svetlana think their camp is about a day’s ride away.

The first time the bandits visited, there were a dozen of them—10 lower-ranking criminals led by a cloaked man armed with a bow and a woman who carried two hatchets. The woman did the majority of the talking on that first trip, and her black sense of humor coupled with the way she smiled when she spoke of the fate awaiting the Levetons if they didn’t comply frightened the two all the more. The woman seemed particularly sharp and observant, whereas the man seemed a bit more crude and foolish. This, plus the fact that the woman quite nearly lopped off Oleg’s right hand with one of her hatchets in a cruel bit of mockery, convinced the Levetons she was the most dangerous of the bandits. As it was, the woman grabbed Svetlana’s wedding ring right off her finger and tossed it to one of her men as payment for “not shortening Oleg’s reach.”

On the second and third visits, only the crude, hooded man accompanied the bandits. On the second visit, he came with just six other men, while on the third, he came with only four. The Levetons suspect that the bandits have let down their guard and think the owners of the trading post are completely cowed. Hopefully, when they visit tomorrow, they’ll be even fewer in number, and the scary woman with the hatchets won’t be with them!

"The bandits should be coming by tomorrow morning for their monthly collection. Defeat them, and I can promise you free room and board for as long as you like," Svetlana says. Oleg scowls at this, but he knows better than to contradict his wife!

201 to 250 of 1,017 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Kingmaker 2E: Table 1 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.