Hmm's SFS 3-99: Perils of the Past [Outpost V] (Inactive)

Game Master Hmm

Perils of the Past Maps
RPG Chronicles
Success Reporting
Success Tracking

Preparation Rewards:
CLEAR THE WAY REWARD

The group does an amazing job of clearing away rubble! Appreciative of your assistance, Radaszam gives you tips on using leverage against an enemy.

Hard Once during the adventure, when rolling a combat maneuver check, a Strength based skill check, or a Strength-based attack roll, each PC can choose to roll the check twice and take the higher result.

COORDINATE COMMUNICATIONS REWARD

While working on the communications equipment, you gain valuable experience tinkering with machinery.

Hard Once during the adventure, each PC gains a +2 bonus to an Engineering check, a Sleight of Hand check, or a Reflex save against an analog trap or hazard.

EXPLORE AND REPORT REWARD

You gain some insight into the site's layout and recognize some patterns in its construction.

Hard Once during the adventure, each PC can roll twice and take the better result on a Survival or Perception check.

INTERVIEW LOCALS REWARD

You hear rumors from the locals about the dangers of the ruins.

Average The PCs hear several tales of people going into the ruins and not returning, or of people returning after months or even years had passed thinking they'd only been gone a few moments. Ghosts and spirits in peculiar clothing are also said to inhabit the ruins. Some of the locals take an interest in the PCs' investigations and gift them each a brown nanite hypopen that must be used during this adventure. A PC can use a brown nanite hypopen as a standard action on themselves or a willing or unconscious living creature to grant the benefits of lesser remove condition (Starfinder Armory 106).

RALLY THE RANKS REWARD You inspire your fellow Starfinders, and the experience buoys your own sprits.

Hard Once during the adventure, each PC can roll twice and take the higher on a Charisma-based skill check.

SUPPLY LINES REWARD

The supply teams are grateful for your assistance and grant them each a vial of magically-infused broth that heals the body and steels the mind.

Average Once during the adventure, a PC can consume this broth to gain the effects of a mk 3 serum of healing and a +1 bonus to Will saves for a number of minutes equal to their character level.


1 to 50 of 571 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

Coming soon to a Galaxy near you!

When you dot in, please delete your post.

Wayfinders

Male Human Death-Touched Divine Champion Ghost Operative 8: Spd:40, Init:9, SP:80/80, HP:68/68, RP:10/10, EAC:25, KAC:26, 8 Piercing Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:12, Will:6, Per:12, Darkvision

dot

Manifold Host

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 10 | SP 84/91 HP 62/62 | RP 5/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | Fort +6, Ref +11, Will +7 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +13+1d6+2 | Speed 50ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Spot of Luck 1/1, Salvation's End 1/1, Coin Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: Jet Pack - flying!

It's a chilly early morning on Akiton. Charli Poshkettle comes out of one of the many structures that has been set up for this expedition. As she exhales, a stream of mist pours out. I feel like a cloud dragon this morning. Whistling, she looks for other early risers as she sets up a tea stand. As she sees some Starfinders coming towards her, she waves.

"Hello Starfinders! Anyone want a hot tea on a chilly morning?" She holds up cups. "I have Akiton Red, Castrovellian Contemplation and Bretheda Bubble with me as flavors."

"While we're waiting for the first seeker to arrive, why don't you tell me about yourselves? Who are you? Where are you from?"

Exo-Guardians

Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

A groggy vesk rubs his eyes as he meanders over to the tea stand. "No Veskarium Viridian? Well then... Ahma gonna try... uh... try the Bretheda Bubbles With Me."

He fishes around in his pack for a credstick to pay then looks up. "Oh uh... which First Seeker we on now? Ain't been havin' no easy time keepin' em straight these days. When ah signed up there was just one first seeker... then there were two... then one retired and we had one 'gain... then I took a year off and came back juss in time to see 'er retire... That Ehu dude still in charge?"

Manifold Host

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 10 | SP 84/91 HP 62/62 | RP 5/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | Fort +6, Ref +11, Will +7 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +13+1d6+2 | Speed 50ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Spot of Luck 1/1, Salvation's End 1/1, Coin Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: Jet Pack - flying!

"No Veskarium Viridian," Charli agrees regretfully. "I could not bring my full stock with me on this expedition." She does not bother to correct the vesk on the tea's actual name, but pulls out a container and fills it with a bubbling tea that appears to almost a quarter foam. "Don't bother with the credstick," Charli says, waving it away. "I'm giving away free tea today until I run out. It's my way of getting to meet newer field agents."

She hands the tea to the Vesk, and says, "Yes, Ehu is still in charge. Were you gone for a while? My name's Charli, by the way. What's yours?"

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

"Zargothrax McDonald... but you may know me by..."

He fumbles around in his pack and pulls out a towel and paper party hat adorned with stars and moons. He uses a pair of binder clips to attach the towel to protrusions on the shoulders of his armor, then uses a cantrip to levitate the hat onto his head.

"THE LIZARD WIZARD!"

He strikes a ridiculous pose while waggling his fingers for a solid 5 seconds beyond 'silly' and into 'awkward.'

"So uh... yeah... was gone for a year. Came back to somethin' bout some rat causin' trouble. Came and kicked her offa her ship hopin' it'd get me back inta the whole starfind'rin thing. After that took a mission back ta the Veskarium... get a little taste 'o home. Been readin' a few mishun r'ports ta try ta get back inta the swing 'o things."

Wayfinders

Male Human Death-Touched Divine Champion Ghost Operative 8: Spd:40, Init:9, SP:80/80, HP:68/68, RP:10/10, EAC:25, KAC:26, 8 Piercing Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:12, Will:6, Per:12, Darkvision

Maxamas fixes his collar and his nice polo shirt, his vest and his armor. He gives a smile with his nice white shiny teeth Yes nice to meet you. I'm Maxamas Maxamas says in a pleasant happy voice.

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG halfling vanguard (power armor jockey) 7 | SP 91/91 HP 65/65 | RP 9/9 | EAC 26; KAC 31 | Fort +12; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (average) | Entropy 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Size: Large | Active conditions: None

A large hover suit with a shield slowly lowers to the ground a few meters away from the tea stand. With a hiss of steam, the cockpit opens, and a green-haired halfling with a prosthetic right arm exits. Her approaches the tea stand and looks over the menu. "Bretheda Bubble? That takes me back," he says wistfully. "I've been drinking hydroponic raised teas for too long, and it's just never the same if it doesn't start in the dirt."

He then appears to be distracted for a moment, and whispers to no one in particular, "You know that we don't do that when we first meet people."

"Anyway, I am called Kneepuncher, at least when I am in that getup," he continues, pointing a thumb over his shoulder at the powered armor. "I think we all know why they picked me for this job. Well, the obvious, and I was already here for the Reunion feast. No one has seen a purple and green skittermander anywhere nearby, have they?"

Profession Vidgamer or Played 4-04:
The shield attached to his powered armor has the logo for the vidgame team Oras' Razors.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

female kish ally of Kneepuncher | Master Hireling Access | Computers +15, Engineering +15, Physical Science +15

A human-looking woman in fine robes follows the halfling and says formally, "I am Kinbara. A pleasure to meet you. Mr.... ahem Puncher has hired me to maintain his social calendar, as well as his equipment. The Contemplative, please."

Dataphiles

Male Izalguun Roboticist Mechanic 7.1 SP 12/42, HP 48/48, RP 9/9; EAC 21, KAC 23; F +5, R +7, W +5 (+1); Spd 15/35 ft.; Init +4; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, Perception +13 (+15 vision, +17 scanner); Posture: quadruped; Active conditions: — ; Used:

A hulking izalguun walks gingerly into the room. He silently looks at the tiny tea cups, takes one very gently, and takes a small sip with his tongue protruding discretely from his vertically-aligned mouth. He nods appreciatively to Charli without saying anything.

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Envoy 7 | SP: 56/63 HP: 48/48 RP: 5/8, DR: 5/- | EAC: 22 KAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 (Low-Light Vision), SM: +13 | Speed 35ft | Active conditions: None.

Srurdez swaggers in late with all the pomp of a high school star athlete. Self-important, and smoking a lit tobacco-cigarette inside, something that the rest of the crew is sure he's been told not to do by several Venture-Captains already on this deployment.

"Got anything stronger, Charli? Tea's not re-- ah, if it isn't the Lizard Wizard, in the flesh. I haven't seen you since we almost threw Datch out an airlock. How ya been?" Despite his extremely unlikable attitude, Srurdez's voice has a smooth, easy charisma that grabs attention.

Exo-Guardians

Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

"Awww hey there Suh-rur-deyz! I've been doin' a bit better. Got ta visit the Veskarium again... was a nice little trip home. Reminded me 'bout old times... the good 'n the bad. Read a few mission r'ports ta get back up ta speed 'n all ann here ah am! You should try the Bretheda Bubbles With Me tea! Ain't no firewater but its purdy good!"

He downs the rest of his tea, belches, then offers a hand to Maxamas, Kneepuncher, and Kinbara one after the other. "Pleased ta meet'cha. There s'posta be a pair of skitters here? One 'o mah room-mates was complaining 'bout em gettin trigger happy with fireworks 'n all, but they always seemed helpful ta me."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female CG Ysoki Themeless Envoy 7 | SP 0/49 HP 27/44 | RP 5/6 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10

A small gray-furred ysoki meanders toward the tea stand. She gives a friendly wave to the other Starfinders from a distance, but takes her time walking across the early morning plaza. She carries a basket with her as she gets to the tea stand.

"Oh hello there dears, I'm just so delighted as can be to be called here with you. I'm Teka, I've been around quite a while in the Society, but most of my time have been behind terminals. I'm hopeful we can have just a wonderful time on this outing."

Looking toward Charlie Teka orders, "Oh bless you dear, I would love a Castrovellian Contemplation. It has been a while and I would like to take this slow and relax as I'm able. I have seen enough times where Starfinder expeditions offer fewer chances to slow down."

As she takes her tea Teka adds, "Oh before we get running, I brought a batch of cookies to enjoy." She opens the basket to a small batch of a dozen homemade shortbread cookies. When Charlie refuses payment for her tea, Teka happily offers cookies in trade.

Manifold Host

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 10 | SP 84/91 HP 62/62 | RP 5/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | Fort +6, Ref +11, Will +7 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +13+1d6+2 | Speed 50ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Spot of Luck 1/1, Salvation's End 1/1, Coin Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: Jet Pack - flying!

Charli happily accepts the cookies and finishes distributing her teas. She checks her comm unit, and says, "Ehu Hadif should be coming out soon. I need to head to Headquarters, but good luck with the mission!" She packs up her tea stand, then waves as she heads out.

The special will be starting in a few hours.


The sun shines brightly over the ice fields of Akiton, the snow sparkling in the light. On the outskirts of a complex of ruined buildings ahead are numerous portable shelters emblazoned with the Starfinder Society’s symbol. Starfinders hurry in and out, ferrying supplies and calling instructions to one another.

A loud chime sounds from the largest shelter, positioned at the center of a cluster of others, and First Seeker Ehu Hadif emerges. As he holds up his hand for attention, the hubbub around dies down, and everyone pauses their activities to look at him.

“Good morning, Starfinders, and thank you all for joining me on this expedition. It’s my hope that today, we will not only investigate this site, but uncover the truth behind the rumors of hauntings here. We have some final preparations to make before we begin our mission, and I ask that no one advance into the ruins until I give the all-clear. Never fear, you’ll get your chance to explore—but first we need to ensure we’re ready. If you’d all please check in at your assigned location, we can direct you to tasks where we still need assistance.”


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

There are so many Venture Captains needing help! Who will you help first?

Posting each mission separately, so that you can reply to it to indicate which mission you are doing. As always, I offer bonuses for great roleplay.

CLEAR THE WAY

Relevant Skills: Athletics, Piloting, or Physical Science

TASK DETAILS

Radaszam, leader of the Acquisitives, seeks volunteers to clear away rubble and debris blocking access to portions of the site. “Be careful when you're moving things around,” Radaszam says gruffly. “Don't want to destroy anything valuable in the process. That goes double for those of you using vehicles—choose your targets carefully.”


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

EXPLORE AND REPORT!

Relevant Skills: Perception, Stealth, or Survival

TASK DETAILS

Fitch, leader of the Wayfinders, asks you to aid in a preliminary survey mapping the site. “The more research we do now,” she says with a wide grin, “the more we'll be able to orient ourselves once we go down into the depths. Oh—if you'd all pose there for a second?” She holds up her datapad to show you her camera app. “I promised the kiddos I'd send them pictures!”


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

COORDINATE COMMUNICATIONS

Relevant Skills: Computers, Engineering, or Profession (maintenance worker)

TASK DETAILS

Celita, leader of the Dataphiles, looks up from her datapad and nods to you as you approach. “Good morning,” she says. “We've identified some weaknesses in our mobile communication infrastructure, given the remoteness and temperature of our location. Your help in patching these vulnerabilities will ensure all agents can stay in contact during the mission.”


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

INTERVIEW LOCALS

Relevant Skills: Culture, Diplomacy, Sense Motive

TASK DETAILS

You find Ixthia, leader of the Exo-Guardians, issuing orders to some Starfinder teams. “Hello!” Ixthia nods to you as you approach. “Looking for a way to help? There are a few settlements to the south that might know more about these ruins. Most of the locals don't venture up this way...but the rumors come from somewhere.”


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

RALLY THE RANKS

Relevant Skills: Diplomacy, Intimidate, or Mysticism

TASK DETAILS

As you approach, Venture-Captain Arvin is giving a pep talk to a cluster of nervous-looking Starfinders. “Ah!” he says, as he spots you. “Perhaps hearing from your peers would be helpful.” He steps aside, gesturing for you to follow, and murmurs, “It's their first mission, and they're a bit skittish. I have some things I need to attend to, so would you mind giving them some advice?”


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

SUPPLY LINES

Relevant Skills: Life Science, Medicine, or Profession (cook) or (herbalist)

TASK DETAILS

Venture-Captain Naiaj, looking harried, is coordinating with workers outside the supply tents. “If you're here to assist,” she tells you, “You can help organize these supply lines. We don't know what we'll find down there, so we want all our teams well-equipped with rations and medicinal supplies. Can't have anyone getting trapped without adequate equipment.”

Wayfinders

Male Human Death-Touched Divine Champion Ghost Operative 8: Spd:40, Init:9, SP:80/80, HP:68/68, RP:10/10, EAC:25, KAC:26, 8 Piercing Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:12, Will:6, Per:12, Darkvision

I say we explore and report, it would be the easiest task, no hard labor, no straining ourselves. No trouble either, it is the easy eye work.


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

Feel free to roll for all the missions, all at once.

Wayfinders

Male Human Death-Touched Divine Champion Ghost Operative 8: Spd:40, Init:9, SP:80/80, HP:68/68, RP:10/10, EAC:25, KAC:26, 8 Piercing Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:12, Will:6, Per:12, Darkvision

Oh, got it
Maxamas exerts his physical strength athletics clear the way: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
explore and report is his specialty, after all he is the operative ghost, there ain't nobody that can do this better than him. But he don't want to brag too much as he is a gentleman. Let me help with that, just relax stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
He coordinates communications typing as fast as he possibly can computers: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Interviewing locals isn't his specialty, but he can do it, somewhat, he studied some customs after all. culture: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Rally the ranks. Move faster, get back up on your feet and do your job, or you'll be labeled a failure, nobody wants to be labeled a failure intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
But he can't supply the lines, he is untrained all of those, just can't get food to everyone in the correct portions.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG halfling vanguard (power armor jockey) 7 | SP 91/91 HP 65/65 | RP 9/9 | EAC 26; KAC 31 | Fort +12; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (average) | Entropy 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Size: Large | Active conditions: None

Clear the Way:
Athletics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Kneepuncher's powered armor has no issue lifting up and removing rubble, flying it to an out of the way spot so the excavation can continue.

Explore and Report:
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Kneepuncher gives Fitch his second-best smile - his best is reserved for clients, and that is probably not appropriate for the grandkids.

Interview Locals:
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Kneepuncher heads down to one of the settlements, and picks up a few scraps of rumor, though the locals seem more intimidated than helpful.

Rally the Ranks:
Intimidate: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

"Listen, recruits," Kneepuncher says loudly the the new Starfinders. "I have big armor for this mission, but I started out as a puny halfling, and look at me now. You are the best of the best, and you are being supported by the best of the best of the best, so get out there and make us all proud!"

"Not 'or else'. he adds to no one in particular when the newbies are gone.

Supply Lines:
Life Science: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Kneepuncher tries to make heads or tails of the crates of medicinals, but his specialty is causing injuries, not fixing them.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

female kish ally of Kneepuncher | Master Hireling Access | Computers +15, Engineering +15, Physical Science +15

Coordinate Communications:
Computers: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

While Kneepuncher yells at the inexperienced, Kinbara examines the software in their communications uplink and patches a vulnerability.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female CG Ysoki Themeless Envoy 7 | SP 0/49 HP 27/44 | RP 5/6 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10
GM Hmm wrote:
EXPLORE AND REPORT!

Teka gives a happy smile in responds to shot as she kindly notes, "Oh I wold love that, although I would love you to share those pictures so I could share them with my little ones."

"This sounds like a wonderful nature walk. As I tell the young ones, when you travel, try to leave everything as it is. Some of the dears had a bad habit of treating nature trails as though they were salvage sites if you let them wander."

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

Teka walks through some the major trails and does her best to scout the area, slowly taking pictures while passing through with silence. She does also collect a few more pictures of more picturesque scenery when able in additional to the tactical scouting.

GM Hmm wrote:
COORDINATE COMMUNICATIONS

Content with her exploration of the terrain, Teka can't help jump into helping with the communication equipment. "Yes, of course, this isn't the first time I've rebuilt a comm system out in the field. I think we might just need to scavenge a bit here and there."

Engineering: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 15 + (4) + 1 = 33

"Oh, it looks like we have an excess of materials. I honestly feel spoiled not having to pull off parts off the hovercycles." Teka is half way into going through the various components and slowly replacing the mechanisms of one of the comm systems into an amalgam of various other components. "Lovely! All of those bits might be a bit less sleek, but it will certainly weather a beating."

GM Hmm wrote:
INTERVIEW LOCALS

"I just love meeting new people. People can be so much nicer once you sit down to meet them." Teka goes off and happily offers a tale of her family and lovely grandchildren as she learns a bit about the local legends and rumors.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 14 + (2) + 1 = 21

Throughout though Teka is a bit more interested in sharing pictures of grandchildren and gets a bit off topic from learning about the ruins.

GM Hmm wrote:
RALLY THE RANKS

Nodding toward Arvin, Teka goes to the nervous group and says, "this can be a be a bit hectic, but I know that you all have gone through Starfinder training, even if you don't feel like it sometimes, each of you have all the tools you need to be out here."

"Even more, you dears aren't here alone, you have yourselves, each other, and every other Starfinder to help support you as much as you do them. Each of you do your best and everything will be right as rain."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 14 + (2) + 1 = 33

GM Hmm wrote:
SUPPLY LINES

"Oh I dare say I don't think I have enough sweets for the entire expedition and, even then, I don't think those would sit well to keep all the dears fed." Teka turns her attention to the medical inventory as she continues, "I'll leave the cooking to the excellent chefs and I'll keep my attention to make sure these medkits are well and properly set for if they are needed."

Medicine: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Acquisitives

Male Vesk Envoy 7 | SP: 56/63 HP: 48/48 RP: 5/8, DR: 5/- | EAC: 22 KAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 (Low-Light Vision), SM: +13 | Speed 35ft | Active conditions: None.

Srurdez sets off to do the important work of showing off his strength and bossing people around... he can leave the technical stuff to the more boring Starfinders...

GM Hmm wrote:
CLEAR THE WAY

"Here, let me do it."** Srurdez pushes his way to the front and immediately begins using his strength and athletic skill to do the preliminary clearing.

Athletics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Once Srurdez has started the work in earnest and gotten the biggest pieces moved, he stands back and grins, allowing the more junior Starfinders a chance to try and best him.

GM Hmm wrote:
INTERVIEW LOCALS

At the settlements to the south, Srurdez watches at Teka goes into a story about her family or some such. The vesk waits patiently, and once she's done... "Now that we've heard that story, would you be willing to share one of your own? Otherwise she's gonna start again..." Srurdez smiles a toothy grin but it's not clear if he's joking or not...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

GM Hmm wrote:
RALLY THE RANKS

Srurdez nods to Ixthia and steps over to the new Starfinders, cracking his neck as he does and activating his voice amp. "Hey! You! Stop being scared! You have me! Nothing to worry about." He poses with a toothy grin.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26

After a moment he twists his head slightly to turn off the amp, before pulling out his smokes. "Want one? It'll cool your nerves."

GM Hmm wrote:
SUPPLY LINES

Naiaj in a tizzy. What else was new? Srurdez had just the dwarf to handle this. The voice amp comes on again and Srurdez calls across the field outside the supply tents....

"Scotty! Give Naiaj a hand over here!"

A dwarf bearing an insignia belonging to Ulrikka Clanholdings hurries over and with an eye roll sets out to assist with the supplies.

Life Science (Hireling): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Exo-Guardians

Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

Clear the way
Zargothrax gives a salute to Radaszam and inadvertently knocks his wizard hat off. He catches it mid-fall and quickly propels it back into the air with a cantrip before settling it back on his head. He looks around furtively, then realizes he missed half of what the instructions were. "Right uh... clear ruble, destroy vehicles, close your valuables carefully. Right-oh!"
Physical Science: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

Explore and Report!
Satisfied with a job well-done, he makes his way to Fitch. "Yup! Research! Gotcha! Oh and..." He strikes his signature finger waggle pose with hovering hat for the picture then nearly drops it for a second time before looking at the maps. "... so this spot says 'skull rock' but it looks more like a duck... but if ya squint and turn yer head it looks like a bunny..."
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Coordinate Communications
After having his carefully marked up map 'filed away for safe keeping' he finds Celita. "Ah! Much better! Fixin' stuff is mah speshulty." He pulls out some duct tape and baling wire and gets right to work.
Computers: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

Interview Locals
Zargothrax opens and closes his mouth a few times, then just nods. "I spose now's prolly not the best time ta ask what happened ta Ziggy..." Clearly he's too preoccupied with that question to come up with many other decent questions to ask the locals.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Rally the Ranks
"Feelin skittish eh? Can't say ah blame em. Big crazy meetup for a first mission. Ahm a go give em a pep talk." He waddles over to the assembled crowd and spins them tales of the crazy things they might get to see. "Ahve seen and done things you people wouldn't believe! Visions of a Liavaran Dreamer... swapped feelings with a android that turned out ta be a demigod later... went on a game show... visited a..." He pauses, then looks rather glum before changing stories quickly "an underwater city.. lots a crazy things! This will be a blast!"
Mysticism: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Supply lines
Zargothrax gives a death glare to Naiaj. Finally he tersely says, "Yes. Can't have that." The death glare intensifies, then he turns about and heads off to get to work.
Life Science: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


I am the tool of the GM

Click. Whirrr.

ENGAGING DAATA BOTTING PROTOCOLS

GM Hmm wrote:
CLEAR THE WAY

Physical Science: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

Daata analyzes the compositions of the minerals in the rubble, identifying weak and trouble areas for the team.

GM Hmm wrote:
COORDINATE COMMUNICATIONS

Daata flexes his large hands and then starts immediately working on the computer system.

Computers: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36

GM Hmm wrote:
EXPLORE AND REPORT!

Daata poses for the selfie, then joins the rest of the team in the map survey.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

GM Hmm wrote:
INTERVIEW LOCALS

Daata recalls his courses on cross-cultural interactions before going off to interview locals.

Culture: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

GM Hmm wrote:
RALLY THE RANKS

Daata awkwardly waves at the new troops and hopes they don't ask him any questions.

GM Hmm wrote:
SUPPLY LINES

Daata keeps in mind the nutritional requirements of a variety of species as he sorts rations.

Life Science: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

Daata's expert analyses on mineral compositions help the whole group efficiently clear away rubble.

CLEAR THE WAY REWARD

The group does an amazing job of clearing away rubble! Appreciative of your assistance, Radaszam gives you tips on using leverage against an enemy.

Hard Once during the adventure, when rolling a combat maneuver check, a Strength based skill check, or a Strength-based attack roll, each PC can choose to roll the check twice and take the higher result.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Between Daata, Maxamas and Teka's skills, your group is able to set up superior communication infrastructure.

COORDINATE COMMUNICATIONS REWARD

While working on the communications equipment, you gain valuable experience tinkering with machinery.

Hard Once during the adventure, each PC gains a +2 bonus to an Engineering check, a Sleight of Hand check, or a Reflex save against an analog trap or hazard.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Teka's nature walk uncovers some key parts of the site!

EXPLORE AND REPORT REWARD

You gain some insight into the site's layout and recognize some patterns in its construction.

Hard Once during the adventure, each PC can roll twice and take the better result on a Survival or Perception check.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

The interviews with locals are somewhat awkward, but Teka's stories gets the locals sharing some of their own.

INTERVIEW LOCALS REWARD

You hear rumors from the locals about the dangers of the ruins.

Average The PCs hear several tales of people going into the ruins and not returning, or of people returning after months or even years had passed thinking they'd only been gone a few moments. Ghosts and spirits in peculiar clothing are also said to inhabit the ruins. Some of the locals take an interest in the PCs' investigations and gift them each a brown nanite hypopen that must be used during this adventure. A PC can use a brown nanite hypopen as a standard action on themselves or a willing or unconscious living creature to grant the benefits of lesser remove condition (Starfinder Armory 106).

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Teka and Kneepuncher's enthusiasm is infectious, and all the new recruits clap for you and ask for your autographs.

RALLY THE RANKS REWARD You inspire your fellow Starfinders, and the experience buoys your own sprits.

Hard Once during the adventure, each PC can roll twice and take the higher on a Charisma-based skill check.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Working together, you manage to help the supply teams get everything packed.

SUPPLY LINES REWARD

The supply teams are grateful for your assistance and grant them each a vial of magically-infused broth that heals the body and steels the mind.

Average Once during the adventure, a PC can consume this broth to gain the effects of a mk 3 serum of healing and a +1 bonus to Will saves for a number of minutes equal to their character level.


-- And now a message from our sponsors --

Gentle Sentients,

When embarking on a mass expedition into possibly haunted ruins, do not forget all the lovely bonuses provided by your expert preparations! Take a deep breath, drink some refreshing Poshkettle Tea, and remember to use these benefits!

For your convenience we here at Poshkettle Tea have listed these rewards in two places:

  • The "Preparation Rewards' spoiler conveniently located at the top of this campaign.
  • Slide Seven, where you can mark off your rewards as you use them!

    Stay calm and drink tea!


  • “Attention, Starfinders!” First Seeker Ehu calls from in front of his shelter. The remaining hubbub quiets, and the Starfinders gather in lines for the briefing. “Our preparations are complete, so we can begin our exploration momentarily. Our first step is investigating the aboveground portions of the ruins and those accessible just below the surface.” He nods to Fitch, who’s tapping on the edge of her datapad. “Fitch, the surveys?”

    Fitch quickly tucks her datapad away and hops into position next to him. “Right! Our preliminary surveys indicate there are five main sites that might provide access to the lower levels. To better organize the expedition, we ask that each team choose a site to investigate. Once you decide, the leader in charge of that site can provide you the details we know... though in most cases, that isn’t much. After you’ve secured a site and verified whether it leads further down, report back here and we’ll determine our next moves.”

    Fitch steps aside, and Ehu takes her place, glancing over the assembled crowd.

    “Some of you have been with us for years,” he says, “while others are new recruits. Whatever your level of experience, I have every confidence that your skills will be invaluable to our efforts here. Exploration and discovering forgotten secrets are what we Starfinders do best, after all. I expect all of you to work hard to achieve our goal, take care of each other, and report anything you find. Now, without further ado, let’s begin!”

    Table GMs, Part 1 has begun.

    ★ ---- ★ ---- ★ ---- ★

    The efforts of Pathfinder Society agents in the distant past were successful!

    To represent their triumphs and heroism, you will receive additional beneficial conditions during this adventure.

    In tinkering with time, Pathfinder agents have spun off a temporal anomaly that may help you in dangerous situations.

    The Advantageous Anomaly condition is in effect.

    Pathfinders were careful to rescue their agents from peril whenever they could.

    The Survivors condition is in effect.


    "Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

    EXPLORATION MISSION 1: MEMORY OF WATER

    Celita takes her team into a large tent emblazoned with the symbol of the Dataphiles. As the Starfinders follow her in, she takes a position next to a map of the ruins projected onto the wall. She surveys everyone for a moment before nodding in satisfaction. “There's no point wasting time on preambles,” she says. “Our early surveys of these ruins identified an intact section of the structure at its eastern corner.” She taps a pointer to the map, where an area is highlighted in red. “Judging from pictures taken of its exterior, it appears it was once some sort of shrine. A structural analysis indicates there's likely a basement or passage below the main floor, but we need you all to verify that theory and to ensure it's safe to proceed.” She pulls up an image on her datapad of a crumbling stone structure, displaying it in hologram form at the center of the tent. “This is the site. If you learn who or what this shrine was once dedicated to, let me know.”

    ★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

    Celita provides you with directions to the shrine. "Be careful not to damage the site." She encourages you to ensure you are well-supplied before setting out, including making any last-minute purchases from the commissary. The shrine is a crumbling complex of stone buildings connected by corridors; at its center is a large domed chamber. The stone walls have worn away in spots, though not enough to be passable from the outside, and ice coats the exterior.

    Ceilings in the complex are fifteen feet high unless otherwise noted. The side chambers of the building contain only rubble from collapsed portions of the ceiling, and the only passable door to A3 is in A2.

    A double door leads into this stone-walled chamber, one of the few portions of the complex that appears intact. Three pillars, carved with geometric designs and weathered with age, stand on either side of the room. Rubble that may have once been additional wall carvings lays scattered across the floor, and two windows look out onto the ice fields. A door across from the entrance leads further in.

    SLIDE 9

    Exo-Guardians

    Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

    "Welp time ta take a look-see."

    Zargothrax takes a look at the patters on the pillars and tries to discern any meaning or origin.

    Mysticism?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

    "Awful purdy... wonder what it looked like in it's prime?"

    He checks out the hallways to each side and shakes his head. "Just gonna hafta leave it upta our 'maginations ah guess."

    Ready to more forward as soon as someone with a positive perception score checks for hazards.

    Wayfinders

    Female CG Ysoki Themeless Envoy 7 | SP 0/49 HP 27/44 | RP 5/6 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10

    "Oh dear, I feel like I'm ill equipped, but barring carrying an entire store in my pocket, I don't think anything would settle my fears. At the least I'll be careful here, I know how fragile some of these ruins can be."

    Looking to other before heading in, Teka carefully moves into the room, carefully looking through the rubble as she moves forward for any intact portion of the broken carvings that might prove useful.

    Teka will want to check for hazards before entering and would want to allow others at least a chance to look before she begins moving in.

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

    Exo-Guardians

    Male CG halfling vanguard (power armor jockey) 7 | SP 91/91 HP 65/65 | RP 9/9 | EAC 26; KAC 31 | Fort +12; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (average) | Entropy 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Size: Large | Active conditions: None

    Kneepuncher is content to take point, maneuvering his powered armor carefully through the hallways.

    Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 aid Teka if allowed

    He is spending too much effort maneuvering to notice anything out of the ordinary, though.

    I don't see any room IDs on the map, so I'm not sure which rooms are and aren't accessible, but assume I am staying near the front and watching for danger.

    Acquisitives

    Male Vesk Envoy 7 | SP: 56/63 HP: 48/48 RP: 5/8, DR: 5/- | EAC: 22 KAC: 24 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4 (Low-Light Vision), SM: +13 | Speed 35ft | Active conditions: None.

    Srurdez hefts his greataxe in both claws and keeps an eye out for trouble.

    Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

    Wayfinders

    Male Human Death-Touched Divine Champion Ghost Operative 8: Spd:40, Init:9, SP:80/80, HP:68/68, RP:10/10, EAC:25, KAC:26, 8 Piercing Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:12, Will:6, Per:12, Darkvision

    Maxamas goes left and opens that door, he can't resist a minor splitting of the party.


    I am the tool of the GM

    GM Screen:

    Perception, Maxamas: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
    Perception, Zargothrax: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

    Alerted by everyone else looking for trouble Zargotrhax aids Teka.


    "Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

    Maxamas finds a room with desks and a big sign:
    THIS ROOM IS NOT IN THE SCOPE OF THIS ADVENTURE.

    Teka, with all the assistance that has been offered, notices a trap designed to lull the senses and muddy time.

    Does anyone want to disable it with Mysticism?

    Exo-Guardians

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

    Zargothrax gives a thumbs up to Teka. "Thankies! Lemme see if ah can clean that one up..."

    He waggles his fingers and bellows, "Zippity zappity blow up the trappity!"

    Mysticism: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


    "Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

    The Lizard Wizard disables the trap using rather catchy arcane words of power. You all move on.

    The floor of this oval-shaped room is carved with wave patterns, radiating outward from a statue of an androgynous humanoid figure at the room's center. The statue's face is so worn as to be nearly featureless, but it holds a hand outstretched toward the room's western door. Another door, its stone crumbling, stands to the east. This was the shrine's antechamber, where the faithful could reflect before moving into the shrine proper.

    At the far end of this circular room stands a peculiar clockwork telescope, pointed at a gap in the domed ceiling thirty feet above. To its left is an elaborate orrery, made of similar clockwork and frozen in place. Two towers on either side of the chamber contain spiral stairways, now collapsed. The four doors leading into the room are all blocked by rubble, save for the door to the west. The remains of several statues stand atop plinths near the walls.

    Mysticism DC 23:
    You spot lunar-themed iconography on the walls and water-themed iconography amidst the remains of the statuary.

    Mysticism DC 28:
    Whatever god is worshipped here, it is no deity that you have heard of previously in the Pact Worlds.

    But just then, you notice that several of the statues are glaring balefully at you and starting to move in a threatening manner.

    Who Goes First?:

    Initiative, Daata: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
    Initiative, Kneepuncher: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
    Initiative, Maxamas: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
    Initiative, Srurdez: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
    Initiative, Teka: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
    Initiative, Zargothrax: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    Initiative, Ice Friends: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

    ★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

    Daata
    Kneepuncher
    Maxamas

    Ice Friends
    Blue
    Red
    Yellow
    White
    Zargothrax
    Teka
    Srudrez

    Bold is up!

    Exo-Guardians

    Male CG halfling vanguard (power armor jockey) 7 | SP 91/91 HP 65/65 | RP 9/9 | EAC 26; KAC 31 | Fort +12; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (average) | Entropy 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Size: Large | Active conditions: None

    The statue can try to creep up on Kneepuncher, but being right next to him is not wise.

    Entropic Strike: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 2 = 29 vs. EAC
    Acid and Bludgeoning Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 6) + 13 = 24 (force, magic, operative; critical knockdown)

    Entropic Strike: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 2 = 28 vs. EAC
    Acid and Bludgeoning Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 6) + 13 = 25 (force, magic, operative; critical knockdown)

    If the first strike hits and either damage type does not seem effective, he will switch to all of the other for the second.

    Entropy 2


    "Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

    Kneepuncher full attacks the white tinged elemental.

    He notices with the first strike that not all of the bludgeoning damage goes through, so switches entirely to acid with the second strike. The elemental looks down, surprised by the rather large hole that has melted part of their core.

    ★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

    Daata
    Kneepuncher
    Maxamas
    Ice Friends
    Blue
    Red
    Yellow
    White (-44)
    Zargothrax
    Teka
    Srudrez

    Bold is up!

    Wayfinders

    Male Human Death-Touched Divine Champion Ghost Operative 8: Spd:40, Init:9, SP:80/80, HP:68/68, RP:10/10, EAC:25, KAC:26, 8 Piercing Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:12, Will:6, Per:12, Darkvision

    Maxamas moves, tries to trick attack white and shoots.
    trick attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21 extra damage: 4d8 ⇒ (1, 7, 1, 4) = 13
    semi-automatic pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 pistol dmg: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 = 10


    "Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

    Maxamas is level 7, so he can now take 10 with his trick attack. Let us assume that you did.

    Maxamas tricks the White Elemental for 18 damage, as some of his attack is absorbed by the creature's DR.

    ★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

    Daata
    Kneepuncher
    Maxamas
    Ice Friends
    Blue
    Red
    Yellow
    White (-62)
    Zargothrax
    Teka
    Srudrez

    Bold is up!


    I am the tool of the GM

    Click. Whirr.

    BOTTING DAATA

    Daata and his drone shoot at the White Elemental.

    Attack vs KAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
    Damage (S): 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
    Attack vs EAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
    Damage (E): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


    "Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

    Both attacks hit and White crumbles into a whole bunch of ice chunks!

    It's the elementals turn!

    Red moves up to strike at Kneepuncher.

    Slam: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
    Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

    Blue moves up to strike at Maxamas.

    Slam: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
    Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

    Yellow double-moves and has no space to get into position, so it just stands in the back and looks menacing.

    ★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

    Daata
    Kneepuncher
    Maxamas

    Ice Friends
    Blue
    Red
    Yellow
    White (DEAD)
    Zargothrax
    Teka
    Srudrez

    Bold is up!

    Exo-Guardians

    Male CG halfling vanguard (power armor jockey) 7 | SP 91/91 HP 65/65 | RP 9/9 | EAC 26; KAC 31 | Fort +12; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (average) | Entropy 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Size: Large | Active conditions: None

    "Aw, Red, you shouldn't have! Another target for me?"

    Entropic Strike: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 - 2 = 12 vs. EAC
    Acid Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 2) + 13 = 21 (force, magic, operative; critical knockdown)

    Entropic Strike: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 2 = 19 vs. EAC
    Acid Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 3) + 13 = 18 (force, magic, operative; critical knockdown)

    He considers less quipping and more aiming next time.

    1 to 50 of 571 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hmm's SFS 3-99 Perils of the Past [Outpost] All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.