Hmm's SFS 3-99: Perils of the Past [Outpost V] (Inactive)

Game Master Hmm

Perils of the Past Maps
RPG Chronicles
Success Reporting
Success Tracking

Preparation Rewards:
CLEAR THE WAY REWARD

The group does an amazing job of clearing away rubble! Appreciative of your assistance, Radaszam gives you tips on using leverage against an enemy.

Hard Once during the adventure, when rolling a combat maneuver check, a Strength based skill check, or a Strength-based attack roll, each PC can choose to roll the check twice and take the higher result.

COORDINATE COMMUNICATIONS REWARD

While working on the communications equipment, you gain valuable experience tinkering with machinery.

Hard Once during the adventure, each PC gains a +2 bonus to an Engineering check, a Sleight of Hand check, or a Reflex save against an analog trap or hazard.

EXPLORE AND REPORT REWARD

You gain some insight into the site's layout and recognize some patterns in its construction.

Hard Once during the adventure, each PC can roll twice and take the better result on a Survival or Perception check.

INTERVIEW LOCALS REWARD

You hear rumors from the locals about the dangers of the ruins.

Average The PCs hear several tales of people going into the ruins and not returning, or of people returning after months or even years had passed thinking they'd only been gone a few moments. Ghosts and spirits in peculiar clothing are also said to inhabit the ruins. Some of the locals take an interest in the PCs' investigations and gift them each a brown nanite hypopen that must be used during this adventure. A PC can use a brown nanite hypopen as a standard action on themselves or a willing or unconscious living creature to grant the benefits of lesser remove condition (Starfinder Armory 106).

RALLY THE RANKS REWARD You inspire your fellow Starfinders, and the experience buoys your own sprits.

Hard Once during the adventure, each PC can roll twice and take the higher on a Charisma-based skill check.

SUPPLY LINES REWARD

The supply teams are grateful for your assistance and grant them each a vial of magically-infused broth that heals the body and steels the mind.

Average Once during the adventure, a PC can consume this broth to gain the effects of a mk 3 serum of healing and a +1 bonus to Will saves for a number of minutes equal to their character level.


201 to 250 of 571 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

"YOU CHOSE WELL, ZARGOTHRAX. THEY WILL REMEMBER WHAT YOU DID FOR THEM, AND SO WILL I. THANKS TO YOU FRIENDS, I CAN FINALLY SAY, I AM GOING HOME."

The Emissary pauses and turns to Kneepuncher. "I NOW TAKE THE NAME I HAD BEFORE, TAL. AND IF IT WOULD PLEASE YOU, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU THE NAME LI-TAL, WHICH MEANS FRIEND OF TAL. PLEASE... TAKE IT AS ONE OF YOUR NAMES, AND USE IT HOW YOU CHOOSE."

Then he turns to the rest of you. "PLEASE BE WARY. THOSE WHO BOUND ME HERE LEFT ONE LAST CHALLENGE FOR YOU. A DISORIENTING TWIST OF TIME THAT WOULD MAKE YOU CONFUSE PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE."

And with that, the inevitable named Tal takes one final bow and leaves you.

GM Screen:

Perception, Daata: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Perception, Kneepuncher: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Perception, Maxamas: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Perception, Srurdez: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Perception, Teka: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Perception, Zargothrax: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

Maxamas sees the trap, a well-hidden knot of mystical energy, and points it out.

Zarg can you undo the trap with Mysticism?

Meanwhile, everyone can give a Will Save under a spoiler and add +1 for Tal's warning.

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG halfling vanguard (power armor jockey) 7 | SP 91/91 HP 65/65 | RP 9/9 | EAC 26; KAC 31 | Fort +12; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (average) | Entropy 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Size: Large | Active conditions: None

"I bear many names, and will carry this one with honor."

Spoiler:
Will Save: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18

Mysticism, Aid Another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 if allowed never mind

Wayfinders

Female CG Ysoki Themeless Envoy 7 | SP 0/49 HP 27/44 | RP 5/6 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10

Teka gives a bow to Tal as he leaves.

Will Save vs Trap:
Will Save, +Tal: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19


Agents have located a stairway leading down beneath the altar of an ancient shrine at the ruins’ eastern corner.

The shrine is cleared for passage. Table GMs, Delve Mission 1 is now available for selection.

Exo-Guardians

Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

"Thankya kidly Tal! Happy travels!"

Mysticism: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Will (or wont):
will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

Tal bows one last time, and then disappears in a cloud of gold-colored sparkles.

With the warning, Zarg attempts to disable the know of mystic energy, but it is too unstable for him to untangle.

Mental Damage (DC 18 for half): 8d12 ⇒ (5, 10, 8, 10, 5, 9, 5, 2) = 54

Kneepuncher and Teka take 27 mental damage, while Zarg takes the full head whammy.

Everyone else can roll me your will saves, and describe your head trips through memories past and future, as a flashback when we enter the next part.

Fortunately, the hallucinations go away after a few rounds, leaving you ten minutes to recover stamina before you head off on the next mission!

EXPLORATION MISSION 4 SUCCESS!

Manifold Host

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 10 | SP 84/91 HP 62/62 | RP 5/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | Fort +6, Ref +11, Will +7 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +13+1d6+2 | Speed 50ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Spot of Luck 1/1, Salvation's End 1/1, Coin Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: Jet Pack - flying!

As you stagger out from this area, Charli tracks you down. "If you are feeling up to it, Radaszam is looking for a group to explore one of the stairways down."


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

DELVE MISSION 5: A FADING TRAIL

“Be careful on the ice,” Radaszam says, leading his contingent of Starfinders across the ice fields toward the remains of a building on the far side. “It’s a bit unstable.” Once everyone has made it across, he nods toward the building. “We’ve opened a passage in the floor in there. Head down and see if you can find a way to this complex’s center. We think that if any explanation can be found for the goings-on around here, it’ll be there. Find what you can, then report back.”

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Slide 20

The path leads down a set of stairs. Two pillars stand on either side of the steps leading down into this chamber. The stone floor is weathered and cracked, but a set of fresh humanoid tracks in the dust suggests a recent visitor. In an alcove on each side of the stairs stands a statue of a robed humanoid figure, and a hall across the room ends in a closed door.

As you enter, you glimpse a shadowy figure hurry through the room ahead of them and slip through the door on the other side.

GM Screen:

Perception, Daata: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Perception, Kneepuncher: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Perception, Maxamas: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Perception, Srurdez: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Perception, Teka: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Perception, Zargothrax: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

What Daata, Maxamas and Teka saw:

You spot the figure jumping over certain areas of the floor, marked with an “X” on the map.

DC 23 Survival:
You also notice the tracks appear to avoid these areas.

What do you do?

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female CG Ysoki Themeless Envoy 7 | SP 0/49 HP 27/44 | RP 5/6 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10

Survival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Teka recalls back to the mystical trap and being bombarded with images of her time within the Scoured Stars, her gathering with others to scavenge supplies. Alongside were images her walking through hallways she didn't recognized, inlaid with gemstones flickering with light as they processed and transmitted signals through circuits engraved in the walls.

She was able to rest and recuperate from the experience, but was still especially wary as she watched the shadowy figure slip ahead.

"Be careful dears, whoever that is, they were careful to avoid much of the floor as they moved. It quite certainly is another trap."

Exo-Guardians

Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

Zargothrax giggles for a while as he remembers good times back on his grandpa's farm, but suddenly his eyes shift to horror as he finds himself replaying recent history, then after a guttural yell he falls silent... catatonic...

Spending 10 minutes staring into the void to refill stamina.

~~~

"Right-ee-yo Teka! Dun step on dat place or ya gonna break yer face! So uh... should we assume the pattern goes through the whole room?"

Zargothrax will hop forward and practice being a bishop.

Wayfinders

Male Human Death-Touched Divine Champion Ghost Operative 8: Spd:40, Init:9, SP:80/80, HP:68/68, RP:10/10, EAC:25, KAC:26, 8 Piercing Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:12, Will:6, Per:12, Darkvision

survival: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 Well I saw a thing jumping, but I can't see or spot where its tracks are at. They seem too far spread out.

Exo-Guardians

Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

"So uh... Maxxy... yer a durn fine artist if'n ah may say so mahself... Wherdja learn dat?"

He makes binoculars out of his hands and looks around the room for hazards as he makes smalltalk. Detect Magic

Wayfinders

Male Human Death-Touched Divine Champion Ghost Operative 8: Spd:40, Init:9, SP:80/80, HP:68/68, RP:10/10, EAC:25, KAC:26, 8 Piercing Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:12, Will:6, Per:12, Darkvision

Maxamas looks over at Zargothrax with a smile. We all have talents. Mine just happens to be art. Of course, I had a teacher to help better them. Art was my nice relaxing passion.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG halfling vanguard (power armor jockey) 7 | SP 91/91 HP 65/65 | RP 9/9 | EAC 26; KAC 31 | Fort +12; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (average) | Entropy 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Size: Large | Active conditions: None

Kneepuncher sees visions of visits to the Zo! Dome, Akiton and... Vesk-6? He's never been to Vesk-6.

No Survival.


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

You follow Teka, stepping where she steps, and make your way further into the compound.

An arched ceiling domes above this circular chamber. The remnants of a permanently carved spell circle appear on the metal disc at the center of the room, and doors lead to the east and west. As you enter, you hear hurried footsteps receding away from the area.

You can attempt Perception checks to locate the noise, Survival checks to track, or Diplomacy or Intimidation checks to address the figure and urge them to reply.

DC 23 Success:
You note the figure has moved through the eastern door.

Wayfinders

Female CG Ysoki Themeless Envoy 7 | SP 0/49 HP 27/44 | RP 5/6 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10

"Watch your step. This reminds me of a lovely game of trip-trap hopscotch, although I'm more certain these traps are fare more dangerous variety."

As the Teka hears the footsteps retreating, Teka calls out to the figure, "please slow down, we aren't looking for a fight, we are just explores looking through these ruins. We would appreciate if you could share what you know with us!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 14 + (4) + 1 = 31

Craning her head around Teka gestures to the left as she says, "they went that way. If we are going to not be lost in the dark, we should pick up our pace a dash."

Teka moves through the hallway to continue to follow.


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

The figure hesitates, just for a moment, at the sound of Teka's voice. Once again, Teka leads the way to a room that contains a rectangular pool encased in a thin sheet of ice. Four pillars adorn its corners, and doors lead to the west and to the north.

As you enter, you again see a shadowy figure moving past the pool.

You can attempt Perception checks to locate the noise, Survival checks to track, or Diplomacy or Intimidation checks to address the figure and urge them to reply.

DC 23 Success:
You realize the sounds are moving north.

As you consider the architecture of this place, you might realize something else.

DC 23 Culture or DC 18 Profession (architect):
You recognize the construction of the chambers you've been through so far as the type that might lead to a vault.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG halfling vanguard (power armor jockey) 7 | SP 91/91 HP 65/65 | RP 9/9 | EAC 26; KAC 31 | Fort +12; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (average) | Entropy 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Size: Large | Active conditions: None

Intimidate: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Kneepuncher can't say much about the surroundings, but he makes himself look very large (not hard, in this armor) to convince the figure to direct them to the north.


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

You move to the North, following the shadowy figure. Alcoves line this narrow hallway, each one containing a statue of a tall, robed figure. Doors stand to the north and south.

As you arrive in this chamber, you again hear the fading sound of footsteps.

GM Screen:

Perception, Daata: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Perception, Kneepuncher: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Perception, Maxamas: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Perception, Srurdez: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Perception, Teka: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Perception, Zargothrax: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

And encore:

Perception, Daata: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Perception, Kneepuncher: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Perception, Maxamas: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Perception, Srurdez: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Perception, Teka: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Perception, Zargothrax: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Daata, Kneepuncher, Maxamas, Teka:
You note that a thick film of dust covers the tracks here, and aged sword marks scar the walls.

Kneepuncher and Maxamas:
You glimpse a brief vision of arrows flying across the chamber. You think there may be some sort of trap here.

This gives you a +2 bonus on Perception checks to spot the trap before it triggers.

Wayfinders

Male Human Death-Touched Divine Champion Ghost Operative 8: Spd:40, Init:9, SP:80/80, HP:68/68, RP:10/10, EAC:25, KAC:26, 8 Piercing Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:12, Will:6, Per:12, Darkvision

Maxamas whispers quietly Faint footsteps, I wonder if we should all stop for a minute and see if the footsteps stop.

Wayfinders

Female CG Ysoki Themeless Envoy 7 | SP 0/49 HP 27/44 | RP 5/6 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10

Culture: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Teka hesitates a bit as she passes through the chambers, inspecting the walls and statues as she suggests, "these passages remind me much of secure passages leading to a corporate vault. This place may be ancient, but I think that may well be the case here. We are heading toward a place meant for storing and protecting."

Pointing to the walls in this chamber Teka adds, "although I don't know what might still be there. There are cuts across the walls that speed of battle that likely happened far before we were born."

Teka responds quietly to Maxamas, "I'm not sure if I see what you do dear, but if they are from the figure we were following, should we be slowing our pace? Do you worry that we are walking into a trap?"


Starfinders, the passageway on the south side of the ruins were unstable and have collapsed. Fortunately, the agents investigating the area were able to escape and find an alternate route back to the surface as well as one leading further down.

Table GMs, Delve Mission 3 is now available for selection.

Exo-Guardians

Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

"We bein' guided inta a trap? Or a prize? Well.. ah guess ya usually find em in the same place... But why swords on the wall... I though you-sually ya used hammers on the wall and swords on the people. Ahm with Teka... prolly a trap. Sword chuckin trap. Gonna chuck swords at mah head. Whelp..."

Zargothrax pulls out his engineering tools duct tape and looks for anything that could hurl a sword from roughly across the room from the gouge markings.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

female kish ally of Kneepuncher | Master Hireling Access | Computers +15, Engineering +15, Physical Science +15

If that is enough to spot it...

*sigh* "Very well. Escort me to the mechanism, and I will see what I can do about it."

Engineering, Hireling: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Exo-Guardians

Male CG halfling vanguard (power armor jockey) 7 | SP 91/91 HP 65/65 | RP 9/9 | EAC 26; KAC 31 | Fort +12; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (average) | Entropy 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Size: Large | Active conditions: None

"A trap for certain. Like the poison darts in those old vids. Perhaps my friend can do something about it?"

Perception: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

Kinbara cannot disable the trap, and sends a poisoned arrow shooting at one of the team.

Team Member?: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Poisoned Arrow: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (13) + 22 = 35
Piercing plus Poison: 8d12 ⇒ (9, 7, 7, 2, 10, 2, 9, 11) = 57

Kneepuncher, can you give me a DC 18 Fortitude Save?

Meanwhile, now that everyone has seen the trap in action, it can be disabled with either a DC 28 Athletics (to slam the slats shut) or Engineering to undo the mechanism.

Now might be a good time to use your Preparation Rewards from Slide 7.

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG halfling vanguard (power armor jockey) 7 | SP 91/91 HP 65/65 | RP 9/9 | EAC 26; KAC 31 | Fort +12; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (average) | Entropy 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Size: Large | Active conditions: None

Fortitude DC 18: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Breathing heavily, Kneepuncher rips the needle from his arm. "I've had worse," he grunts in a way that implies he has not, in fact, had worse.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female CG Ysoki Themeless Envoy 7 | SP 0/49 HP 27/44 | RP 5/6 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10

"Oh these are even before more time as well," Teka moves to the walls quickly, "I'll check on you in a moment Kneepuncher, lets see if we can settle this trap in a moment."

Teka begins working her tools to try to lock the trap's mechanisms from firing more arrows.

If this doesn't apply for the COORDINATE COMMUNICATIONS REWARD, you can remove the bonus from my roll.

Engineering, +Coor. Comm.: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 15 + (2) + 1 + 2 = 35


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

Teka clears the trap and you all walk through the hallway.

As you enter this room, you glimpse the shadowy figure walking up the steps to the raised platform, then picking the lock on the door. When you yourselves reach the door to the next room, it is unlocked.

Wayfinders

Female CG Ysoki Themeless Envoy 7 | SP 0/49 HP 27/44 | RP 5/6 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10

With the trap cleared Teka quickly inspects Kneepuncher to ensure the poison wasn't continuing to linger in his body before moving forward.

Medicine: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

"I'm starting to realize we might be following a figment or a memory. When I saw the dust covering the tracks, I thought they were just light of step, but now I'm less sure."

Teka moves up to the door carefully as she suggests, "we should continue to be ready on our feat. We have seen a few traps already, I don't want to assume that is it."


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

GM Screen:

Perception, Daata: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Perception, Kneepuncher: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Perception, Maxamas: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Perception, Srurdez: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Perception, Teka: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Perception, Zargothrax: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

With Teka warning you, you all take a glance at the door before stepping inside. Daata squints and points at both runes and a mechanical locking door mechanism. There is a definite trap there!

Anyone up for disarming a trap with Mysticism?

Exo-Guardians

Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

"Runes? Am I sposta read em or sposta not read em? Maybe I take a little peeksie... If it starts with 'I prepared ex-' then imma stop."

Mysticism: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

Zarg bravely disables the trap by setting it off on himself!

Flames (DC 17 Reflex and Fort): 8d10 ⇒ (1, 2, 9, 1, 1, 3, 7, 2) = 26
The Fortitude is versus inhaled poisions.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

After the trap fires, you can open the door to the Vault with a DC 23 Athletics or Engineering.

DC 23 Athletics or Engineering:
There is a pile of bones. If you examine the bones, you see the figure holds the remnants of an archaic sword and a device clutched in its fingers.

DC 20 Culture

Spoiler:
It's a Wayfinder, the symbol of the ancient Pathfinder Society.

You can find a trapdoor in the floor next to the stone slab, leading down into a semi-circular room curling around another chamber, where other Starfinder teams are gathering.

DELVE 5 MISSION SUCCESS

Exo-Guardians

Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

"-plosive runes this afternoon? Wait! F-"

Reflex/Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"Not gonna lie... that felt like bein' turned inta a happy meal... Might as well pop the lid and get the prize..."

Engineering: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

He breaks a nail on the vault and swears again.

Wayfinders

Female CG Ysoki Themeless Envoy 7 | SP 0/49 HP 27/44 | RP 5/6 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10

I rolled this thinking the saves were for everyone, but realize now that they were only for Zargothrax. I'll leave them here in case I was wrong and I did need to make them.
Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

"Oh dear! Are you alright Zargothrax? I have some med patches if we need to take a moment to patch up you and Kneepuncher."

Engineering: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 15 + (5) + 1 = 27

Teka turns to try to help unlock the vault and reveals a pile of bones inside. "Oh dear. I think they have been here for a far longer time than I was expecting."

Culture: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Inspecting the body briefly Teka asks the others, "I can't tell much from them I'm afraid. I think one of you might have better eyes than me though if you wish to look yourself."


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

Although Zarg took full damage from the blast to the face, he managed to not inhale the poisons.

You knew there was a trap, so I assumed the rest of you stood back from it this time.

Manifold Host

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 10 | SP 84/91 HP 62/62 | RP 5/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | Fort +6, Ref +11, Will +7 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +13+1d6+2 | Speed 50ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Spot of Luck 1/1, Salvation's End 1/1, Coin Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: Jet Pack - flying!

After you have had a chance to examine the strange device with Culture, and have had the benefit of a ten minute rest, a familiar gnome shows up with her clipboard. Feel free to roll that Culture check while I move us onward!

"Oh there you are! Are you ready for your next mission? Celita needs help!"


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

DELVE MISSION 1: ROAD’S END

As the teams regroup aboveground, Celita calls for volunteers to explore the passage beneath the ancient shrine. “Everyone,” she says, “judging from our discoveries, it looks like these ruins are arrayed around a central chamber underground. We’ve secured a route under the shrine that may lead toward this area. Investigate it and relay your findings back to us as you go.”

Celita encourages you to note any irregularities as you proceed, since the Starfinders’ equipment has been picking up some strange readings from further in.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Slide 16

KITCHEN

You find yourselves in an ancient kitchen. Several pieces of rusted cookware rest on the stone counter tops of this room, with a few moldering chairs stacked in the corner. A single door stands on the eastern side of the room. Once the kitchen for the shrine’s priests, this chamber has long since fallen to ruin.

As you look around, the chamber flickers every so often, appearing to repair itself before weathering again.

DC 23 Mysticism:
You identify the presence of a minor temporal anomaly.

If you rolled a 28 or better

Spoiler:
You’re able to stabilize the anomaly and the warping ceases.

Exo-Guardians

Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

"Ooh! Just like mah grandpappy's kitchen! Oh the mem'ries..."

Mysticism: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

"Uh.... there's some wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff goin' on here..."

Dataphiles

Male Izalguun Roboticist Mechanic 7.1 SP 12/42, HP 48/48, RP 9/9; EAC 21, KAC 23; F +5, R +7, W +5 (+1); Spd 15/35 ft.; Init +4; darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, Perception +13 (+15 vision, +17 scanner); Posture: quadruped; Active conditions: — ; Used:

Daata scans the room. ”More magic. Any hazards this time?” He tries to take stock of the changes as the anomalies flags before him.


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

QUARTERS

A small area of desiccated grass planted on the northwest side of this room wafts an odor of decay. The rotted remains of tables stand against the eastern wall. Several bedchambers lie on the other side of open doors to the south, the bed frames within frozen over. One of the doors to the east opens to a small workshop, and the door to the north is tightly shut.

Several human corpses lie sprawled across the floor of this room. Although they appear newly deceased, they wear peculiar clothing unlike anything in the modern galaxy, and the weapons they hold are simple swords, of ancient make and rather damaged. There are no signs of a battle anywhere in the room.

However, three of the corpses rise from the floor and start lurching towards you. "Braiiiiiins..."

Who Goes First?:

Initiative, Daata: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Initiative, Kneepuncher: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Initiative, Maxamas: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Initiative, Srurdez: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Initiative, Teka: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Initiative, Zargothrax: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Initiative, Braiiiins: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Fortunately, they are slow, and you all get a chance to act before they do!

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Maxamas
Srurdez
Teka
Zargothrax
Daata
Kneepuncher

Braiiiins
Red
Yellow
Green

Wayfinders

Female CG Ysoki Themeless Envoy 7 | SP 0/49 HP 27/44 | RP 5/6 | EAC 25, KAC 26 | Fort +3, Ref +11, Will +7 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10

"Hopefully these poor undead souls are the only threat here Daata," Teka responds as she readies her pistols, "Zargothrax, let us know if the 'timey wimey' anomaly is getting worse. I've think I've been caught off guard by falling pillars and traps than I care to today."

Teka switches her merciful weapon as she aims the laser at the nearest undead.

Attacking Braiiiins Red
Inspiring Merciful Laser Pistol Attack vs EAC: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 1 = 14
Fire Damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (4, 3) + 7 = 14

Teka is to focused looking for any other mechanical hazards that her attack just sears into a nearby wall.

Swift: switch merciful off, Standard: Double Tap attack, Move: Move back.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG halfling vanguard (power armor jockey) 7 | SP 91/91 HP 65/65 | RP 9/9 | EAC 26; KAC 31 | Fort +12; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (average) | Entropy 0/6 | Reactive 1/1 | Size: Large | Active conditions: None

"Is there a past or future where these folks are not gross?"

KP carefully steps towards Green and tries to knock its head off.

Entropic Strike: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 vs. EAC
Acid and Bludgeoning Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 4) + 13 = 21 (force, magic, operative; critical knockdown)


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

Teka fires on Red but is so put off by the zombie that she misses! Kneepuncher attempts to whack off Green's head, but only manages to put a significant dent in the zombie. All of his damage goes through.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Maxamas
Srurdez

Teka
Zargothrax
Daata

Kneepuncher
Braiiiins
Red
Yellow
Green (-21)

Wayfinders

Male Human Death-Touched Divine Champion Ghost Operative 8: Spd:40, Init:9, SP:80/80, HP:68/68, RP:10/10, EAC:25, KAC:26, 8 Piercing Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:12, Will:6, Per:12, Darkvision

move and trick attack green making it flatfooted.
trick attack: 10 + 20 = 30 take 10 extra damage: 4d8 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 5) = 16
semi-automatic pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 pistol dmg: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 = 10


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

Unless you purchased a fusion on that Pistol, not all of the damage goes through.

Maxamas shoots at the zombie, but only eleven of his damage goes through.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Maxamas
Srurdez
Teka
Zargothrax
Daata

Kneepuncher
Braiiiins
Red
Yellow
Green (-32)

Exo-Guardians

Vesk Technomancer 7 49/49 SP | 41/41 HP |9/9 RP EAC 22 KAC 23 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 5 | Speed 20 | Init +2 | Perception +0

Zargothrax notices the ineffectiveness of Maxamas's shot and tried to recall what might cause that.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 to identify the creature, and possibly resistances

A little concerned about his mounting bruises, he decides to engage from afar with some classic magic befitting of the ancient foes.

Full round magic missile vs Green

Damage (Force): 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) + 3 = 13


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

As Occult Zombies are amongst the most common of monsters, Zarg knows that they have DR/5 Magic. All of Zarg's magic goes through.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Maxamas
Srurdez
Teka
Zargothrax
Daata
Kneepuncher
Braiiiins
Red
Yellow
Green (-45)


I am the tool of the GM

Click. Whirr.

BOTTING SRURDEZ AND DAATA

Combat Expertise Intimidate vs (15+CR*1.5): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34
Sintered Greataxe /w Get'Em: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 23
Slashing: 3d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 3, 6) + 12 = 23
Expertise Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Attack vs KAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage (S): 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Attack vs EAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage (E): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Srurdez and Daata focus fire on Green.


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // // ★ Starfinder Cadets

It's the zombies turn!

"Braiiiiiiiiiiiins!"

Red and Yellow shamble awkwardly forward, dropping bits of zombie goo and other flesh as they go.

Green attacks Kneepuncher!

Green damaged ancient longsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Slashing+Snagging Strike: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Green lurches with his old rusty sword and utterly misses Kneepuncher.

★ --- ★ --- ★ --- ★

Maxamas
Srurdez
Teka
Zargothrax
Daata
Kneepuncher

Braiiiins
Red
Yellow
Green (-81, Get 'Em)

201 to 250 of 571 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hmm's SFS 3-99 Perils of the Past [Outpost] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.