GM Mauve's Cradle of Night (1e) (Inactive)

Game Master MauveAvengr

Maps and Info

Current Date: Sunday, 6 Kuthona 4718

Loot Sheet


401 to 450 of 1,079 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar steps into the room, surveying the sitation, and makes a quick gesture and whistles a low whistle at the woman.

Cast: Hold Person, DC 18 will save


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyxis comes just into the doorway and readies to use a water jet should the woman attack.


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Aleks moves up and stabs her again.

Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Damage, Magical Piercing: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20


GM Screen:

Will Save x2: 2d20 ⇒ (7, 4) = 11
Will Save: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Trying to resolve posts in turn order instead of post order...

Akku causes the woman more pain, simply inflicting pain. But it's not as bad as it could be (success).

Farrar moves in and sees an opening. He immediately recognizes her as a type of bard. With a flick of the wrist, he paralyzes her! She struggles but is most definitely stuck in place.

The paladin Leon comes in next and smacks her over the head with his sword, attempting to knock her out. But she still stands, despite being paralyzed.

The new party member, Nyxis stands readying an attack if the woman attacks, but alas, she cannot.

Both Aleks and Galadhan do what they do best - damage! All attacks strike true and nearly knock her over.

And she finally manages to shake off the effects of hold person. "Ah! You should not have done that.". She smiles, but anyone can tell she's definitely afraid - trapped in a corner, slowly approaching death. But she continues to fight on. Full-round action to escape hold person so no attacks.

--------

[u]Round 2-3[/u]

Aleks
Galadhan

Female Caligni (-72 hp, -30 NL hp)

Aiyana
Akku
Farrar
Leon (-6 hp)
Nyxis

Everyone is up!


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyxis stays ready but looks sad at this violence. Take her alive if possible. he requests.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku nods and draws his sap while moving next to Alek. He tries to club her on the side of the head with it.

MW Sap, H: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30
bludgeoning and nonlethal dmg: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Just as a reminder, everyone is up (besides Nyxis and Akku). She is still standing.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar, unable to close to melee with the woman, instead quickly begins reciting a litany of glorious deeds for the others, to inspire their courage.

Inspire Courage! 1/23 rnds +2 vs charm and fear effects, +2 to hit, +2 damage


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Aleks continues stabbing.

Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
Damage, Magical Piercing: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage, Magical Piercing: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan peels off a couple more arrows…

To Hit Mods: BAB+Dex, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Flurry of Blows,
Damage Mods: Magic, Strength, Weapon Specialization, PBS

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 35
Confirm: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 30
Magic/Cold Iron/Critical Damage: 3d8 + 3 + 6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 5) + 3 + 6 + 6 + 3 = 28

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 22
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9

Perfect Strike: 2/6


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

If our foe goes down Nyxix will life link her and hear her 5 to try to keep her from dying. This will heal a total of 10 - 5 lethal and 5 non-lethal.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Old eyes here…I missed that Ferrar had cast IC…all to hit/damage rolls for Galadhan should be increased by 2 (+4 more damage as pretty sure the crit confirmed)…


Will give Leon one more day before an update.


I typically update in turn order instead of post order. Her non-lethal damage is actually equal to her current HP right before Galadhan's attack.
She would be staggered. So he will have to decide if he wants to keep the crit and kill her or knock her out. If Leon posts, he also has the option to knock her out or kill her.


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Sorry for being slow on this one.

Leon makes an effort to keep the woman alive if Galadhan's attack doesn't kill her. He's bad at Heal, so that probably involves a CLW Wand charge.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Might regret this but, if Galadhan sees she’s staggered, he’d have went for a knockout blow instead…


Think Galadhan's attack will just knock her out. Can do a bit of math, but let's assume you can just easily bring her back to life...

As Galadhan's arrow flies straight, it hits her in the head and knocks her unconscious. Nyxis is quick and heals her back up!

She lays down in bed, not opening her eyes. "Where... where am I? Is this heaven?" she whispers to herself.

Looking over her stuff, she has a (magic) rapier, a (magic) chain shirt, a (magic) buckler, a (magic) cloak, a set of keys (Aiyana quickly takes them back - a set of keys to her house!), 17 pp, and 5 gp.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Well done everyone! and I'm glad GM Mauve didn't go too close to the fires!!


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

"Not heaven, but we have some questions for you," Leon says after tying the woman up. "What are you doing here? What can you tell us about the Reborn?"


She groans as Leon interrogates her. "Are you sure this isn't Heaven? Just look at you..." she drones off. "Just let me sleep a little bit more."

She turns over and (assuming Leon's persistance), reluctantly talks. She also spies Aiyana peering over Leon's should. "Well, hello Aiyana. Good to see you again," she mutters. "My name is Callivarius, a noble from a prominent family in the Stalker's Reach district. I'm new to the Reborn - been using them for my own benefit just as I assume they are using me. They quickly gave me a high ranking due to my nobility status. All I can say is that the Reborn know you're back Aiyana and know that you've recruited some outside help," Callivarius motions to the Pathfinders. "They took over your estate to stop ... or slow you down at least until they figure out what to do."

"Just let me sleep..." she mutters as she turns back over in the bed and pulls the covers over her.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16
GM Mauve wrote:

Think Galadhan's attack will just knock her out. Can do a bit of math, but let's assume you can just easily bring her back to life...

As Galadhan's arrow flies straight, it hits her in the head and knocks her unconscious. Nyxis is quick and heals her back up!

She lays down in bed, not opening her eyes. "Where... where am I? Is this heaven?" she whispers to herself.

Looking over her stuff, she has a (magic) rapier, a (magic) chain shirt, a (magic) buckler, a (magic) cloak, a set of keys (Aiyana quickly takes them back - a set of keys to her house!), 17 pp, and 5 gp.

I could use that buckler if no one else needs it more. Nyx states.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"No Nyx... it would be... bad form to steal from her... just because she is rich does not mean it is ok to take from her... like she said... she is from a rich and powerful family, and they are using her because of that... let's not stoop to the level of the Reborn and do the same to her for our own purpose... let her decide which way she wants to go from here. There is... grace in mercy and honor in letting victims like her choose her own path... well, um... that's what I think anyway..."


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

We defeated her and spared her life when she insisted she would kill us all. And besides she is sleeping now. I'll just borrow this for while we are in this city. It might help me keep you all alive. Nyx seems to have justify his using the buckler, to himself at least.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku shrugs and turns away from Nyx as he nicks the lady's buckler, walking a few steps away seemingly anxious... he thinks back on Aiyana's declaration, and tries to remember if the part about being a noble from Stalker's Reach sounded truthful, seemingly worried about the party's behavior and somehow trying to justify this internally...

Sense Motive, H: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 = 28

Inside Akku's mind:
I mean, Siiska... if the goal was swaying the people away from the Reborn organization, bringing back a wayward daughter would yield gratitude from the nobles no? instead of stealing stuff from their daughters in their sleep, right?

In Akku's consciousness, a voice replies:
Who cares? she was an ass!!


"That.." Callivarius speaks softly to Nyx, "was a family heirloom. My great-great grandfather. Why are you stealing from me? You're no better than the Reborn you are here to destroy."

Akku senses that she is proud and stubborn. Though most of her stuff probably came from her family's wealth, it may not truly be an heirloom. She probably just doesn't like you guys at all. In fact, she is probably still calculating a way to get Aiyana away from you guys to capture and bring to the Reborn.

"What are you going to do to me now?" she sits up in bed.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"I think you're just trying to stall and get Aiyana away from us. Just stop. If you are truly attached to this shield, I will try to convince my friend Nyx here to let go of your stuff. I'm more interested to hearing your true inner thoughts than playing games with you. I sense that you don't like us very much. But I sense honor and pride in you. Tell me truly why you think the Reborn cause is worth your time and effort. I want to understand what is happening here in your lands. I am but an outsider..."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan just nods as Akku speaks, knowing he is far better with words…


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar observes Akku negotiating with the woman, How much he's changed in the last few weeks, it is really incredible - I don't fully understand it, but wow...


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Leon doesn't feel the need to interrupt the discussion going on and takes a post near the door further into the estate.

The paladin is not going to take a position on this 'theft'. If thieving of that sort is prohibited, paladins everywhere would be in hot water! (It would also encourage more wanton slaying of enemies)


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

The usually gentle Nix looses his temper for a moment, counting off points on his webbed fingers. One, you are in our friend's house. Two we bring her back and we try to talk but you attack us. Three, you not only attack us but you promise to kill all of us. Four, we use nonlethal damage and do not kill you despite your threats, and you show no remorse or gratitude. Five, you are a defeated foe. By right of conquest all your possessions could be forfeit, yet we heal you and place you in a bed and you still complain when I borrow a buckler? You are not cooperative or appreciative. How would you have treated us had you been the victor? Perhaps I should have not healed you and let you bleed out.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku did not understand Nyxis and Siiska. The value of Callivarius was in her position in this city and her potential to change the hearts and minds of her own in the future. Like him, she was young, and prone to mistakes... and remembering that, Akku remained silent, as the heroes assembled before him had a lifetime of experiences behind them to inform their decisions...


Will update after work as I'm already late!

Leon:

[ooc]You can Detect Evil, correct? She does not detect as evil.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar, seemingly content with the outcome, advises, Let's bind her and stick her in the back room until we're clear of this place, we don't want her alerting anyone else to our presence. Let's not dally too much.


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Aleks shrugs. She'd already be dead if he'd had his way, and he isn't too concerned about her fate as long as she doesn't interfere with hem anymore.


Callivarius stares at all of you. "Do you know what it's like being the daughter of a prominent family? Especially in this dump of a city. Can't do this. Can't do that. All because of the 'fragile diplomacy'" she air quotes "of this city. Too many factions fighting for power. Can't do anything in case I 'accidentally' tip the balances."

She sighs, "I just want a little fun. When the Reborn came along, I finally saw my opportunity to do something exciting for once in my life. Who cares about a little bit of chaos. This town could sure use some excitement for once. I don't really know what they want anyways. But it sure beats the humdrum of whatever life I had before"

She turns to Nyx, "Take it. Take my stuff. I don't care anymore. The Reborn will likely just outfit me with similar stuff or take it back off your corpses."

Let's assume you tie her up and leave her here.

With Callivarius tied up, the Pathfinders take their chance to take back the rest of the estate. Opening up the door to the south, a lounge with a large stone fireplace opens up, though its ashes are currently cold. A comfortable sofa sits opposite the fireplace, upholstered in some kind of fuzzy hide. A number of rag piles that appear to serve as bed rolls are scattered throughout the room, and the malodorous stench of unwashed bodies is heavy in the air.

Do you go south or do you go east from this room?


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

I vote east

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

East is fine by me…


The Pathfinders go east into the storage room. The shelves of the chamber have been stripped bare, their contents smashed and mixed into a slimy morass on the floor to create a large, soggy nest. The walls of this chamber are likewise covered in foul slime. It is otherwise empty.

Continuing further east, they come across the trophy hall. The walls of this chamber are hung with all manner of banners, weapons, trinkets, and bits of armor, as well as more than a few stuffed and mounted examples of Darkland creatures. Two statues adorn the corners of this chamber. One depicts a noble-looking caligni wrapped in chains, and the other a decapitated duergar holding its startled head in its hands. The once-polished tile floor is now marred by many muddy tracks.

DC 20 Knowledge (arcana):
The tracks on the floor appear to be a combination of dried mud and some sort of greasy substance. You know that this is slurk slime.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyx quickly gathers up the other item's belonging to Callivarius while speaking under her breath. By the gods I will not leave the means to do so to someone who has threatened to kill us. He is then ready to head east with the others.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Knowledge, Arcana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Farrar inspects the two statues closely, admiring the strange craftsmanship and odd subject matter. Then looks down at the morass on the floor. This is Slurk slime, gross.

Farrar will share anything he knows about Slurks

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Bow in hand, Galadhan gives the room a thorough look, checking for any signs of danger or hidden foes…

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku follows quietly, staying within 10' of Nyx's protective spell...

Stealth, H, EoH: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 + 10 = 27
Perception, SC, H: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Aleks assists the others in inspecting the room.


Farrar knows that slurks look like slime-covered toads, but with two walrus-like tusks jutting from its upper jaws. They're generally weak (AC 15, 17 hp) and the bard knows to avoid it's slime! What it's doing here, he doesn't know.

Aiyana starts examining the room, disgusted at the slime covering her home. She looks up at the statues, "I don't remember a duergar ..." before she can finish, something happens!

Galadhan, Akku, and Aleks all notice that both the caligni statue and the duergar statue are very much alive! And the statues realize that you shouldn't be here! They attack.

Initiative:

Akku: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Aleksander: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Farrar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Galadhan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Leon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Nyxis: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Aiyana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

--------------

[u]Round 1[/u]

Galadhan
Leon
Akku
-Siiska
Farrar
Nyxis
Aleks

Red statue
Blue statue

Everyone is up!

Knowledge (arcana) to learn more about these statues.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Delay until Farrar inspires courage; then full-attacks red.

Akku delays until Farrar's inspirational words, then he breaks out of his stealth position to launch an all-out attack on the red statue.

+1 silversheen scythe, H, ic: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 31 vs. FF AC
piercing slashing magical silver dmg, IC: 2d4 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 14 + 2 = 20

Siiska's ectoplasmic tentacles flail at the unsuspecting statue as well.

ectoplasmic tentacle 1 (slam), greater magic fang, ic: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 17 vs. FF AC
magic dmg, greater magic fang, IC: 1d6 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 15

ectoplasmic tentacle 2 (slam), greater magic fang, ic: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 32 vs. FF AC
magic dmg, greater magic fang, IC: 1d6 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 17

==============

Knowledge Arcana, H: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 = 32


Akku knows these are cephalophore, a type of statue construct. Striking them with weapons are probably not a good idea - the construct's hard body will cause any weapon to take damage and possibly breaking the weapon. They also have a stern gaze, possibly stunning anyone who looks at them.

damage to Akku's weapon: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 6) = 11

Normally cephalophore are larger constructs, but these look relatively newly constructed, hence their small size (i.e. they both have the young template).


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Impervious Silversheen Scythe +1 HP: metal hafted 20hp, +1 10hp, impervious +10hp = 40hp
Impervious Silversheen Scythe +1 Hardness: metal hafted hardness 10, +1 enhancement 2 hardness, impervious 2 hardness = Hardness 14
@GM: since it doesn't overcome hardness (this time) I think it has no effect

Akku says, "CAREFUL!! these statues will break your weapons... use arrows!!"


Yep! No damage to your weapon, so it does not gain the broken condition.


Just a reminder that everyone but Akku is up!

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan makes an acrobatic move 10’ east…

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (16) + 22 = 38

…to avoid any AoOs and fires at red…

To Hit Mods: BAB+Dex, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Flurry of Blows,
Damage Mods: Magic, Strength, Weapon Specialization, PBS

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 33
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 10

Perfect Strike: 2/6

1 to 50 of 1,079 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mauve's Cradle of Night All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.