GM Mauve's Cradle of Night (1e) (Inactive)

Game Master MauveAvengr

Maps and Info

Current Date: Sunday, 6 Kuthona 4718

Loot Sheet


251 to 300 of 1,079 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Was waiting on Kal Drak and Leon, but just realized you guys barely killed this thing!

Between all of you, this thing howls in pain as each face screams! But whatever you guys did, it seems to fade out of existence.

With the Haramil vortex thing gone, the Pathfinders can now get a better look around this room. There is a jet-black pedestal to the north, carved out of the bedrock.

Aiyana sighs and sheds a tear. "That pedestal is perfectly sized to hold something of the Cradle of Night's dimension. I think that means it's no long here. I really hope that doesn't mean the Reborn have taken it..." she trails off, scared at the implications.

"Maybe it's elsewhere in this tomb?" she sounds slightly hopeful, but still not fully convinced it is.

What do you guys do now?


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar looks around the room, sheathing his sword as he does so. There was a set of doors upstairs we didn't open, perhaps it is in there? All these undead, I never planned on this - sorry I can't be of more use in these fights. Is there a way to get back upstairs?

He pokes around, looking for a way to move them back up to the main level, and satisfied they'd searched everything here, heads back upstairs with the group, moving toward that set of double doors in the previous chamber they hadn't opened.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku detects magic around the room and searches behind the tapestries, nooks and crannies...

Perception, G, H: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 9
detect magic, knowledge arcana, H: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 = 26


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

"We should be thorough while we are here. Even if they have taken the Cradle, perhaps they left some clue to their motives or location behind."


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Aleks looks around, but he isn't much help.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan pitches in and looks around as well...

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


Everyone:
After your encounter with the Hamril, your eyes have changed and adapted to this low light environment. You gain darkvision to a range of 60 feet. If you already have darkvision, your vision increases by 30 feet. You gain a +2 bonus on Perception and Stealth checks. But your eyes fade to a dull gray and your eyes overreact to light. You gain light sensitivity.

Examining the tomb, the Pathfinders find nothing more of interest. No hidden rooms or secret items strewn about. Beyond the tapestries, it's all rock and stone. Farrar does easily figure out how to get them back up to the main room upstairs and leads the group to the set of doors to the west.

With Leon and Kal Drak up front, the door slowly opens to the west. Three sets of large, stone doors loom in this room, one to the east (the door you just opened), one to the south (the one leading to the trapped room), and one to the west (unknown). The doors to the west is partially sealed with stone spread across the door like clay.

A short pedestal bearing pale blue shards of shattered crystal occupies the center of this room, surrounded by a circle of runes carved into the floor. An alcove at the north end of the room contains a stone statue of a human man. The statue wields a lance and wears hide armor, but strangely has been turned away from the center of the room to face the blank alcove wall to the north.

Leon and Kal Drak notice the shadow of the statue flicker. As they step into the room, the shadow lurches forward, ready to attack! The shadowy figure sways with erratic grace!

Initiative:

Akku: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Aleksander: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Farrar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Galadhan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Kal Drak: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 4 = 29 (burn heightened awareness)
Leon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Aiyana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

shadow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

===========

[u]Round 1[/u]

Kal Drak (63/63 hp)
Galadhan (57/57 hp)
Farrar (57/57 hp)
Leon (74/76 hp) Aided (+1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear). 15/15 temp hp.
Aiyana
Aleksander (84/84 hp) Aided (+1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear). 15/15 temp hp.
Akku (51/51 hp, 16/16 temp hp)
-Siiska (52/52 hp, -6 strength)

Shadow

Everyone is up!

Knowledge (religion) to ID this creature.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Knowledge Religion, H: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 2 = 26


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Leon strides forward to engage the shadowy (undead?) creature.

Shadow Smite (1/3) remaining, move up & attack
Attack (aid, shadow smite, power attack): 1d20 + 15 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 4 - 3 = 21
Damage (power attack): 1d8 + 2d6 + 19 ⇒ (8) + (1, 4) + 19 = 32
Self Damage on hit: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Leon's AC would be 27 vs this & his touch AC would be 16. He should have 20% concealment from Shadow Smite.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar, seeing the shadowy creature emerge to threaten his allies, immediately breaks into an inspiring song! He quickly unslings his sword and shield and takes up a defensive posture.

Inspire Courage! 8/23 rounds


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Aleks draws his shadowy rapier and moves to flank with Leon, then attacks.

Attack: 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 20 + 2 = 40
Damage, Magical/Piercing/Ghost Touch: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Crit?
Attack: 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 20 + 2 = 40
Damage, Magical/Piercing/Ghost Touch: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


Both Akku and Leon know that this shadowy creature is a Greater Shadow. Try to avoid it's touch, as the shadow can easily sap a living creature's strength (Strength damage on a successful touch). Like many incorporeal creatures, this one is immune to crits and precision-based damage (unless using a ghost touch weapon). In addition, this shadow only takes half damage from corporeal sources (unless you have an ability such as ghost touch).

The bard Farrar is quick to react! He starts belting out a song, with Aiyana lending some harmony. Magic echoes throughout the chamber and everyone feels inspired to defeat whatever this thing is!

Leon charges right in to the room, eager to engage with the shadowy creature. With a flick of the wrist, his sword swiftly passes through the shadow (only dealing half damage unfortunately).

The fetchling Aleks follows Leon, dancing around the shadow to help flank. With his magical, shadowy rapier, Aleks is able to poke several holes into the side of the shadow (forgot Inspire Courage so add +2 to damage. And with ghost touch, crit is confirmed and deals full damage).

===========

[u]Round 1[/u]

Kal Drak (63/63 hp)
Galadhan (57/57 hp)
Farrar (57/57 hp)
Leon (74/76 hp) Aided (+1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear). 13/15 temp hp.
Aiyana
Aleksander (84/84 hp) Aided (+1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear). 15/15 temp hp.
Akku (51/51 hp, 16/16 temp hp)
-Siiska (52/52 hp, -6 strength)

Shadow (-50 hp)

Kal Drak, Galadhan, and Akku are up!

Knowledge (religion) to ID this creature.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku informs the others about the nature of the creature and attacks.

Move and attack; ghost hunter (Su): magic weapons can deal critical hits and precision damage, even if they do not have the ghost touch property

+1 silversheen scythe, H, ic: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 34
piercing slashing magical silver dmg, IC: 2d4 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 14 + 2 = 20


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

Siiska also attacks.

Move and attack; delivering touch spell if attack is successful. Siiska has 'DR 5/magic and slashing'

slam, greater magic fang, ic: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 17
magic dmg, greater magic fang, IC: 1d6 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 17 + Chill Touch: Undead must make a Will Save DC 14 or flee as if panicked for 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 rounds

Chill touches remaining: 2/8 (if attack was successful); 3/8 if not


Akku comes in and swiftly swings his scythe, cleaving the shadowy figure in half. The shadow fades slowly until nothing is left.

Now, the Pathfinders can better examine the room. In the center of the room is a short pedestal bearing pale blue shards of shattered crystals, surrounded by a circle of runes carved into the floor.

Crystals/runes - DC 25 Knowledge (arcana or religion):
You divine the room's true purpose. The crystals are designed as a potent magical lure to attract incorporeal undead and trap them within the crystal. But with the crystal shattered, it no longer serves as a trap.

To the north, there is an alcove containing a stone statue of a human man. He wields a lance and wears hide armor, but has been turned away from the center of the room to face the blank alcove wall to the north.

Statue - DC 25 Knowledge (history or religion):
The statue depicts Haramil. It was placed facing away from the room both to shame him and due to the ancient belief that the backward-facing statue of a deceased person would confuse the ambitions of his unquiet spirit.

The door to the west looks magically sealed, almost as if someone cast stone shape on it - the stone door magically blends into the walls. To open it, one will probably have to smash open or break it open.

There is nothing else of interest in the room.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Religion, Crystal Runes, H: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 = 28
Religion, Statue, H: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 = 21


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Knowledge (Religion) vs Runes: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Knowledge (Religion) vs Statue: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

"Someone didn't think much of Haramil," Leon says as he gestures toward the statue. "They placed the statue backwards to shame him and in the hopes that doing so would frustrate his ambitions in the next life."

Does anyone happen to have Stone Shape avaiable? Otherwise I guess we bash through...

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Galadhan shrugs as he knows nothing of either…


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Knowledge, Arcana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Knowledge, History: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
KNowledge, Engineering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Farrar takes in the scene for a moment, the vestiges of the spell he laid upon himself an hour earlier flickering, and he thinks...

Akku's right, these shattered crystals were a trap for incorporeal undead, it attracted them and sucked them in, like an incorporeal vortex. But it's broken, so its not doing anything anymore, which is maybe why there were so many non-corporeal undead in here. But someone broke that.

He listens a moment to Leon's assessment of Haramil's statue, That would make sense with the false offerings we found in that first chamber, where it was a dishonor more than an honor for him. People really hated this guy and when he died finally were able to express it. I suppose that is his lance we found?

Finally, examining the sealed door, I don't have an easy way through this, but if we had tools, we'd start right here... he taps the stone in the top of the doorway, marking it with a piece of chalk. a stone doorway is always at its weakest at the keystone, right there. I think we should try to open it, just don't know how...


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

"Well, a lockpick is one thing I can't make. And I doubt that'd be much help anyway." Aleks says, reshaping his rapier into a variety of different weapons as he speaks.


So is anyone going to try to break the door open? It will require brute strength or damage. Also, remember there was a secret door in the room just south of you.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

If we can get the break down to a skill check, I can use Inspire Competence for a +3 on the check.... and Farrar will completely help someone rip the wall down, but he's got a relatively average strength score. And I haven't forgotten about the secret door either.. :D

Farrar looks over at Leon, Come on Leon, let's try to break this down, I can help? I mean other than singing the inspiring song of our triumphs through this horrifying tomb... and the bard begins working a dagger into the stone masonry to try and pry loose the sealed door.

Strength, aid another?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

Siiska begins to laugh, and simply walks through the sealed door. Her thin, short frame remains outlined on the sealed door with a thin coat of silvery mucus after she passes through.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku puts his index to his right temple and frowns.

Telepathically, to Siiska, ***"Nice trick, sister. Pray tell, what do you see out there?"***


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Leon was lining up his shoulder to try to knock the door down when Siiska slipped through the barrier instead. "Let's see what she can find."


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Aleks shrugs. "Fine with me."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan nods, nervously fingering his bow…


Siiska:
Siiska slide through the door, almost as if it were nothing. The room in front of her is large, though is in complete disrepair. Rubble spills out onto the floor and a trickle of water filters through the cracks, which creates a shallow rivulet and a wide pool in the middle of the room. The walls are crisscrossed with dozens of glistening slime trails left by pale, grey slugs.

But as Siiska looks south, she briefly catches a glimpse of a humanoid figure briefly struggling with a wand before it *poofs* out of existence.


Just a reminder that Siiska noticed stuff in the room mentioned above.

As hard as he may try, Farrar simply cannot move the barricade, almost as if the stone door is molded into the frame.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku concentrates on Siiska's telepathic comments about the slugs.

"Let me see through your eyes, sister..." says Akku, out loud, as well as telepathically, to his sister...

Bonded Senses (Su): At 2nd level, as a standard action, a spiritualist can share the senses of her manifested phantom, hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, and feeling everything her phantom does. She can use this ability a number of rounds per day equal to her spiritualist level, but those rounds do not need to be consecutive. There is no maximum range for this effect, but the phantom and the spiritualist must be on the same plane. The spiritualist can end this effect as a free action.

Akku's knowledge about the slugs, the cave, the pool, the damage/disrepair of the room: Knowledge, Heroism: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 then modified by the following, as applicable: Knowledge (arcana) 12, Knowledge (history) 8, Knowledge (planes) 12, Knowledge (religion) 14, Untrained 1


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

{TELEPATHICALLY} ***There was some fool... fumbling with a wand over there... he disappeared... I'm coming back...***

After 1 round of bonded sense, Siiska phase lurches back towards the party


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Yeah I've got nothing on the door, I hope Siiska's okay in there. the bard leans back from the stone door, listening to see what he can hear through the obstacle.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku tells the party what Siiska (and him) saw.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar considers Akku's report for a moment, Well, we cannot enter this way, should we try the hidden door to the south? Perhaps the rooms connect? I'm unsure of why a person would be hiding in there, but we can look that way? he looks to the others, seeing if they agree with his suggestion.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"Understood. Good idea!" agrees Akku. He nods at his sister...


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

...and she happily glides south to look for a secret door in the other room.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan nods in agreement with Farrar and helps Siiska in her search…

Perception: 1d10 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Aleks helps out with the searching.


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Leon isn't opposed to the current plan of looking for another passage but leaves the task to those more suited for it. "Siiska, you said someone was moving around past the barrier, right?"


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

"Yes! someone either went invisible or teleported away from there! I'm not sure which, okayyyyyyy?!?" replies Siiska, the picture of an angry child...


The stone door can just be damaged, which should be enough to break it open. It's just very difficult to force it open with brute strength.

You guys have already found the secret door so no need for another Perception check. How are you guys going to enter? Going to damage the door or enter through the secret door?

Siiska:
You can describe the humanoid you saw on the other side. He was a small halfling-sized humanoid, with pallid skin, white eyes, and emaciated appearance. He was dressed in rags, with a bit of color and decoration. He looked similar to Aiyana, so probably some sort of dark folk/caligni.

Siiska can roll a Knowledge (local) check. Or if she describes it, another character can attempt the check at a penalty.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku describes the small humanoid Siiska saw.


Aiyana immediately recognizes the description Akku and Siiska give.

"A dark dancer! It couldn't have been in there too long, unless there is a food source of some sort. Our type still need to eat. Why would he be in there I wonder..."

Anyone can roll a Knowledge (local) check to know more about dark dancers. Will push out an update assuming you guys are going through the secret door in the trapped room, unless otherwise stated.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

@GM: yes please this forward via that secret door. No one seems to have Knowledge Local other than Alek and Farrar. Akku already did it untrained (see above) - one of his trait allows him to hit DCs as high as 20 untrained, but since his untrained bonus is very low, the chances are slim.

Profession Farmer, ref. food sources, if you'll allow it, H: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 = 28


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

I think the secret door is our best bet, while Kal might have been able to damage the sealed door, we're more finesse now... ;)

Farrar considers a moment, before looking inward. His dull eyes flash with blue energy as he considers what he's heard of Dark Dancers...

Loremaster 1/day take 20 on a knowledge check as a standard action. For a 35 Knowledge Local

Dark Dancers, oh of course...


Farrar knows a thing or two about dark dancers. Dark dancers are a type of caligni (or dark folk). Typically, they are chaotic neutral and act as intermediaries between different caligni clans and factions.

Killing one is considered a bad omen - when a dark dancer dies, its body combusts in a flash of bright light.

They also have an innate ability to entertain, like a bard (bardic performance).

----------------

The group follows Siiska through the secret door in the trapped room. The stone door here slowly *creaks* open. The sound of *drip drip drip* comes from the north as water slowly flows through rubble in the north. Across the walls, glistening slime trails left by pale grey slugs cover etchings of mounted warriors charging across a wide battlefield against one another. The walls all bear signs of ancient damage, but should seem stable for now.

There is no visible sign of the caligni dark dancer in this room, but the remains of half eaten slugs and a refuse pile in one corner indicates that someone might have spent some time in here recently.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan furrows his brow. ”Hmm…I think I’ve heard of these dark dancers somewhere before…”

Sorry, it had to be said… ;)


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"D-dark dancer? do n-not be afraid! we come in peace, and we have defeated the evil spirits... my s-s-sister here is a friendly spirit.. she... just fights monsters with h-her umbrella... we come to help your people... I think...." says Akku, in an almost crippling shyness, looking back at their guide for confirmation.


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Ah, yes. Dark dancers. Natural bards, they are."


As Akku calls out, there is no audible response from the dark dancer. At least not yet.

Give me a Diplomacy check just in case he is still here.

As the group explores the rest of the caves, there doesn't seem to be anything else of interest. The murals are slowly being eroded thus being hard to identify. No secret exits here unfortunately. The slugs are still doing their slug thing.

Aiyana pipes up, "Are you sure you saw a dark dancer in here? I don't think they can innately vanish. But maybe if he was part of the Reborn... well I don't want to think what sort of items they can provide."

251 to 300 of 1,079 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mauve's Cradle of Night All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.