GM Mauve's Cradle of Night (1e) (Inactive)

Game Master MauveAvengr

Maps and Info

Current Date: Sunday, 6 Kuthona 4718

Loot Sheet


351 to 400 of 1,079 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

I can take care of any guards we don't sneak by pretty quickly if we need to. Spells shimmering upon himself, he sneaks forward with the others, steering clear of Nyxis' silence spell.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

In my mind, without line of sight mSilence is better than invisibility, which provides a +20 to stealth, even when the perception is hearing based. The game mechanics are not perfect.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

I 100% agree with Nyxis: if we are in a building, and operating in a vacant room, the silence spell would prevent any noise from alerting occupants located in other rooms! genius! but I'll let the GM rule on this of course.


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Aleks creeps along as well, his shadowy blade out and ready.

Taking 10 on Stealth for a 27 if that's ok.


Perception: 2d20 ⇒ (20, 13) = 33

With that Nat 20, I'm gonna say the patrol comes back and notices you sneaking in! Even with the +4 from the 'deafened' condition like Akku suggest wont help!

Unfortunately, the Pathfinders aren't as sneaky as they think! The group patiently waits for the patrol to pass before they attempt to rush up to the secret door in the rear of Aiyana's estate. But they didn't plan one thing: the patrol coming back! Right before they get to the door, the commando and the mastiff come back around and notice the group of you trying to enter!

Initiative:

Akku: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Aleksander: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Farrar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Galadhan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Leon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Nyxis: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Aiyana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Commando: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Mastiff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Akku knows that shadow mastiffs are basically powerful, shadowy, evil dogs. Be wary of their bay as it can instill fear in you - and possibly alert others of your presence.

=============

Round 1

Aleksander
Galadhan
Farrar

Reborn Commando
Mastiff

Nyx
Aiyana
Akku
-Siiska

Aleks, Galadhan, and Farrar are up!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar glances to their left, quickly pushing through the party, entering the soundless bubble of the silence spell, and as he emerges he grins, and begins singing a soft lullaby at the dog and reborn commando, rock-a-by baby, in the treetop... and flings a handful of sand in their direction.

Deep Slumber, target on the mastiff 1st and all creatures in a 10' burst. Will save dc 19 or up to 10HD of creatures are put to sleep for 8' minutes.

As he finishes the last notes, he's slid his longsword from its sheath and he holds it defensively before him.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan moves and fires at the reborn commando to the east...

To Hit Mods: BAB+Dex, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot
Damage Mods: Magic, Strength, Weapon Specialization, PBS

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 37
Confirmation: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 35
Magic/Cold Iron/Ghost Salt/Critical Damage: 3d6 + 3 + 6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 4, 6) + 3 + 6 + 6 + 3 = 34


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Aleks waits to see if Farrar's spell takes effect.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"Shut this hound's mouth! it must not howl, or we will run scattered like fearful mice!" announces Akka, his eyes briefly shining as he pulls the phantom of his sister back into his consciousness! the phantom briefly protests, but she suddenly stops and smiles as she realizes she can manifest ectoplasmic tentacles out of her brother's back! she laughs maniacally as her consciousness merges with Akku!

Swift Action: Phantom Recall + Bonded Manifestation (costs 2 rounds of that ability to activate as part of the recall; gains +4 shield bonus to Armor Class and a pair of ectoplasmic tendrils sprout from his body) + Shared Consciousness (+4 bonus on saves vs. mind-affecting effects + Skill Focus in Acrobatics and Perception)

Double Move + ducks for cover in the corner of the building close to Alek to hide!

Stealth, H, EoH: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 + 10 = 32


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyx 5' steps up and speaks quickly in a chirping call to his familiar. A small hawk grabs the bobble that emits the silence spell and separates himself from teh shaman. He flies up and towards the hound. the bird's 60' of movement carries it 15 feet above the hound keeping shrouding both hound and guard in its radius of silence. It will try to find a perch on the building if one is to be had.

Nix spends his turn beginning the casting of Call Lightning.

Familiar:

Arcane Familiar
Hawk (protector) (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 131)
N Tiny magical beast (animal)
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +20
—————
Defense
—————
AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+3 Dex, +4 natural, +2 size)
hp 30 (1d8+1); fast healing 1
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7
—————
Offense
—————
Speed 10 ft., fly 60 ft. (average)
Melee 2 talons +11 (1d4-2)
Space 2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
—————
Statistics
—————
Str 7, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 9, Wis 13, Cha 6
Base Atk +6; CMB +7; CMD 15
Feats Bodyguard, Combat Reflexes, Weapon Finesse
Tricks Attack, Attack, Attack Any Target, Bombard, Guard, Hunt, Quiet Watch
Skills Acrobatics +7 (-1 to jump), Diplomacy -1, Escape Artist +4, Fly +13, Handle Animal +6, Heal +2, Linguistics +7, Perception +20, Sense Motive +9, Survival +2, Swim +7; Racial Modifiers +8 Perception Languages speak with master
SQ attack, attack any target, bombard, empathic link, guard, hunt, loyal bodyguard, quiet watch, shield master —————
Special Abilities
—————
Attack [Trick] The animal will attack on command.
Attack Any Target [Trick] The animal will attack any creature on command.
Bodyguard Use an AoO to use aid another to improve an ally's AC.
Bombard [Trick] Drops item on designated point or opponent.
Combat Reflexes (4 AoO/round) Can make extra attacks of opportunity/rd, and even when flat-footed. Empathic Link (Su) You have an empathic link with your master.
Fast Healing 1 (Ex) Heal damage every round unless you are killed.
Fly (60 feet, Average) You can fly!
Guard [Trick] The animal stays in place and prevents others from approaching.
Hunt [Trick] Hunts or forages for food to bring to handler.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Loyal Bodyguard (Ex) Can use Bodyguard to protect master, even if not threatening attacker.
Quiet Watch [Trick] The animal stands watch and alerts master quietly, if able.
Share Spells Spells with a target of "You" can be delivered by a familiar with a range of touch.
Shield Master (Su) Familiar can take half damage done to you, as shield other
Speak with Master (Ex) You can communicate verbally with your master.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Since we are going 3D with a flying familiar, I have added a 'View from the East' slide to help us remember the elevations; I hope you don't mind GM Mauve? feel free to delete if you find it clutters your slides too much! Have a good weekend everyone!


***whrr-tschzz-tschzz-tschzz-chk***
~~BOTTING Aleksander~~
The warrior sprints towards the threat, intent to shut down the patrol before it gives away their presence!

Move and attack the enemy that is not sleeping

shadow rapier: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
piercing magic dmg: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20

=================================

CONFIRM CRIT: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
additional dmg if crit confirmed: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16
Akku wrote:
Since we are going 3D with a flying familiar, I have added a 'View from the East' slide to help us remember the elevations; I hope you don't mind GM Mauve? feel free to delete if you find it clutters your slides too much! Have a good weekend everyone!

Cool 3d-map. Can you lower the hawk by 5'? I had posted 15' above the ground. I know that is a little more risky but gives a wider intersection of the silence sphere with the ground.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

You, Sir, said 15' above the 'hound', not the 'ground'! but I nevertheless updated to 15' A.G. as per your new request! ;) PS: it's also a 2D map cross-section view from the east, not a 3D map... those are beyond what I'm ready to do for free. :P


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Leon moves forward to join the fray. Should put him in aura range of Akku and Aleksander if/when we get that fear check.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Welcome back! And away we go...

Commando Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Mastiff Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Farrar points at the shadowy mastiff. The dog's eyelids start to feel heavy as it slumps to the ground, very much asleep. However, the commando shakes off the slumber and stares directly at the group. "Hey! Stop right this second!"

Before he can advance any further, an arrow flies from Galadhan's bow and punctures the commando's shoulder. He winces in pain, but it does not stop him.

Akku (and his sister Siiska) merge together into one being, despite the phantom's protests. Tendrils start start manifesting out of the spiritualist's back (cool ability!). The commando is very much distracted and does not see Akku hide.

(Thank you for the 'View from the East'!)

Nyx and his hawk - Arcane Familiar - sync as well. The hawk snatches the bauble from Nyx and flies up above the enemies. Finding a gutter (or some sort of neat architectural feature), it perches, staring intently at the sleeping hound and the commando. Nyx, on the other hand, starts readying a spell to launch at the enemies.

Aleks charges in, eyeing both the commando and the mastiff. Seeing as the commando is likely the greater threat, the fighter attempts to stab a few holes into him. He pokes the hole created by Galadhan's arrow, tries to twist it in deeper, but feels some resistance (does not confirm the critical hit). The commando winces in pain, but still stands.

With the mastiff sleeping, the commando looks around at Aleks in front of him, winces at the pain in his shoulder, but jabs at the fighter in front of him, a short sword in both hands.

Short Sword w/ Right Hand: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Short Sword w/ Left Hand: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Short Sword w/ Right Hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

*Clang Clang* The swords glance off of Alek's shiny armor. The commando let's out a silent scream, cursing the Pathfinders.

=============

[u]Round 2[/u]

Aleksander
Galadhan
Farrar
Nyx
Aiyana
Akku
-Siiska

Reborn Commando (-57 hp)
Mastiff

Everyone is up!


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Seeing the Commando shake off his spell, Farrar grumbles a curse in Varisian and opens his mouth, silently in a scream. He knows better than to create a large distraction, but this spell only affects one person's ears...

Cast Ear-Piercing Scream on the commando. DC 16 fortitude save to take half damage and negate the dazed condition

Ear Piercing Scream: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 5, 2) = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan moves forward and fires again…

To Hit Mods: BAB+Dex, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot
Damage Mods: Magic, Strength, Weapon Specialization, PBS

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 35
Magic/Cold Iron/Ghost Salt Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 12


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16
Farrar D'este wrote:

Seeing the Commando shake off his spell, Farrar grumbles a curse in Varisian and opens his mouth, silently in a scream. He knows better than to create a large distraction, but this spell only affects one person's ears...

Cast Ear-Piercing Scream on the commando. DC 16 fortitude save to take half damage and negate the dazed condition

[dice=Ear Piercing Scream]4d6

Will that work in a Silenced area?


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc
Nyxis wrote:
Farrar D'este wrote:

Seeing the Commando shake off his spell, Farrar grumbles a curse in Varisian and opens his mouth, silently in a scream. He knows better than to create a large distraction, but this spell only affects one person's ears...

Cast Ear-Piercing Scream on the commando. DC 16 fortitude save to take half damage and negate the dazed condition

[dice=Ear Piercing Scream]4d6

Will that work in a Silenced area?

I have no idea! We'll see what happens :D


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

The world had gone soundless under the effect of Nyxis's spell. Leon continued his advance on the enemy commando.

Attack (Power Attack): 1d20 + 15 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 15 - 3 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 19 ⇒ (1) + (3, 3) + 19 = 26
Self Damage on Hit: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku breaks out of his stealth position and launch an attack on the commando.

+1 silversheen scythe, H, ic: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 23 vs. Flat-footed
piercing slashing magical silver dmg, IC: 2d4 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 14 + 2 = 18

Siiska's ectoplasmic tentacles flail at the unsuspecting warrior as well.

ectoplasmic tentacle 1 (slam), greater magic fang, ic: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 23 vs. regular AC
magic dmg, greater magic fang, IC: 1d6 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 15 + Chill Touch: negative energy dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1 and must make a Fort Save DC 14 or takes 1 point of Strength damage

ectoplasmic tentacle 2 (slam), greater magic fang, ic: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 25 vs. regular AC
magic dmg, greater magic fang, IC: 1d6 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 18 + Chill Touch: negative energy dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1 and must make a Fort Save DC 14 or takes 1 point of Strength damage

Move action to move; Standard to attack with scythe; Swift to attack with both ecto tentacles; Chill Touch remaining: 0/8 (if both attacks were successful)


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Aleks stabs at the reborn warrior. Twice. Very quietly.

Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Damage, Magical Piercing: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24
Crit?
Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Damage, Magical Piercing: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Damage, Magical Piercing: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20


The commando and the mastiff stood no chance as the Pathfinders continue their assault and eliminate both off the face of Golarion! But as the commando drops, his body combusts in a flash of bright white light as his body vanishes, but his gear drops to the ground.

Due to the bright flash in front of them, Aleks, Leon, and Akku suffer the worst of the effects!

Due to it's Death Throes ability that most caligni/dark folk have, Aleks, Leon, and Akku must make a DC 13 Fortitude save or be blinded for 1d6 rounds. Doesn't matter since we are out of combat, but feel free to roleplay this.

Despite the bright light and the sounds of combat, the other patrol - which was guarding the front doors - does not seem to come to investigate.

Aiyana points to the secret door and whispers, "There! It's a small room that my great-grandfather installed as a bolt-hole, insurance against the threat of an insurrection in the city. I regularly refresh it's contents. Beyond it, there's the master bedroom."

She pauses, then remembers something, "There's a necrophidius in the postern room! I call him Tickles. So don't be surprised if a creature jumps out! It can help, but I'd rather not sacrifice her. She's been in the family for years."

The commando dropped a potion of cure light wounds, a black smear poison (2 doses), a +1 studded leather, two +1 short swords, and 5 gp. The mastiff did not have any items.

Do you guys go through the secret door or go back around and fight the other patrol?


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil
GM Mauve wrote:
Despite the bright light and the sounds of combat, the other patrol - which was guarding the front doors - does not seem to come to investigate.

Maybe due to the silence spell Nyxis threw down at the beginning! ;)


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Fort DC 13: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Akku reflexively shield his newly sensitive eyes from the bright light, almost... hissing? ...in protest. "Something dark and insidious has begun to creep inside you, brother," added Siiska, who shared his consciousness at the moment. Akku took note of his sister's comment, but half dismissed it with a thought, knowing the phantom's penchant for drama and exaggeration.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar nods at Aiyana's instructions. So into the escape room, then the master bedroom. And if we see a necrophidius, don't stab it. Gotcha. Aleks, Leon, after you? he bows quietly with a grin and a mock flourish of his silly hat. While keeping his longsword in hand at this point.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

@GM: into the secret door please

Akku would never understand mortal's fascination with undeath, and even less understand their practice of creating constructs that are undead look alikes.

"Jump out? Aiyana, will this thing attack us, or even be able to recognize you?"


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Blinking a couple of times, Aleks shakes his head to clear it. "I can see how a beacon like that would make a useful signal, but I don't appreciate being right on top of it. Anyway, don't kill the necrowhatever-it-is. Got it."


Before anyone else has a say, Aiyana quickly and quietly dashes up to the secret door. She puts her finger up to her mouth to indicate that everyone should be quietly. As the secret door *squeaks* open, everyone can see inside the dusty and cramped chamber. There is a large barrel with a small knapsack atop it, a blanket, and a clean bucket. The barrel has fresh water, according to Aiyana and the knapsack has some nourishing but unpalatable rations.

Standing in the doorway, Aiyana looks in and whispers, "Tickles. Are you in here? Did those monsters find you?"

A small, snake-like skeleton-y creature slithers down from the lintel of the door. It slithers up to Aiyana and wraps itself around her leg. The caligni smiles. "Tickles, this is everyone. Everyone, this is Tickles.". The necrophidius turns to look at everyone as Aiyana introduces you.

"She wont hurt you as long as she knows you're with me," Aiyana says as she pats the head of the snake-y creature. "Stay in this room, Tickles. We'll come back for you soon."

She points to the next door, "That leads to the master bedroom. If those creeps have been sleeping in my bed... I don't want to think of that." She shivers at the thought! "But this door is hard to spot from the other side. Judging by Tickles here, they probably didn't find it."

She stands back, motioning for one of you to take the lead and open the door to the master bedroom. It's not locked (at least not from this side) and not trapped. But Aiyana is cautious and doesn't know what (or who) is inside her house.

Did anyone take any loot from the commando? Please place your token appropriately as you guys prepare to enter the house! Do any of you take any precautions or cast any buff spells before you enter this 'dungeon' estate?

GM Screen:

Super Secret Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Another Super Secret Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 9
And another?: 1d20 ⇒ 1


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku continues to creep in the shadow, his stealth enhanced by his recently imbibed Elixir of Hiding.

Stealth, H, EoH: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + 10 = 20

Long buffs listed in header are still active, but will gladly add some if some of the party's casters have them available! :)


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

No buffs to add until we're in combat. And yes definitely looted the commando!


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16
Nyxis wrote:


I can ensure we will not be heard. Nyx tells the group. And before we move out I have some buff spells to cast. He will cast Protection from Evil 10' Radius on himself 980 minutes), Barkskin on our Paladin (+3 to NA for 80 minutes), and will cast Frostbite, sharing it with his hawk companion (Hawk can deliver the Frostbite spell as a touch attack or part of a normal attack. Duration is until 8 charges are expended. Also note that Nyx had everyone Life Linked at the moment. If he takes tooo much damage he can drop people as an immediate action before taking the damage, unless he is unconscious - which is how Oracles and Shamen die, by the way. lol

Here are my buffs.


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Fortitude vs Blindness (DC 13): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Leon seems unfazed by the flash of light and gathers the gear of the fallen commando before following Aiyana into the mansion. He looks some askance at Tickles but moves farther into Aiyana's home without comment.

Leon will cast Effortless Armor, removing the speed penalty and 2 ACP from his armor for 5 minutes.

Leon listens at the door and when the party is ready, opens it quietly.

This is probably a good time for the stealthy members of the party to ply their skills. Who would need to hang back, if we want to do that?


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Stone with Silence still active...


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar creeps quietly forward, trying to spy into the next chamber, his dark elf assumed form attempting to blend with the darkness...

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan will draw his bow, hide in plain sight, and move forward stealthily…

Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil
Nyxis wrote:
Stone with Silence still active...

Silence is 1 round/level... how?

Once Leon has opened the door, Akku follows Galadhan quietly.

Put Gal up front as he's the stealthiest; I recommend we give him a 20-foot headstart


Sorry guys! Something happens before you all get in the room.

As the door swings open, Leon notices the opulent bedroom contains two beds, each bearing ornately carved wooden headboards (which are rare and valuable in this subterranean city). On the far bed, sits a female caligni. She immediately pops out of bed and pulls out her rapier.

"Wha... where'd you come from? You're not Reborn! Don't come any further!"

She doesn't seem to see all of you, focusing all her attention on Leon. "I don't want to fight you. Stand down now!"

Initiative:

Akku: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Aleksander: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Farrar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Galadhan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Leon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Nyxis: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Aiyana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Caligni: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Though she says she doesn't want to fight, if you don't leave, she will.

--------

[u]Round 1[/u]

Aleks
Galadhan

Female Caligni

Aiyana
Akku
Farrar
Leon
Nyxis

Both Aleks and Galdhan are up!


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

It isn't his turn so Leon can't leave or put his weapon away but I think he can still talk out of turn.

"We are not here to fight either. I don't want to hurt you. Aiyana brought us."


With the mention of Aiyana, the woman grits her teeth and points her rapier at Leon. "Bring me her then leave. She'll be a great asset to the Reborn. You pathetic humans will not. If you don't bring her to me, I will be forced to go through each and everyone one of you first."


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Aleks, hands empty, steps past Leon and into view. "Hey! Who are you calling human? Also, how do you know Aiyana?"


"All you land lubbers look a like, fetchling." She spits at Aleks feet and readies her rapier for combat. "As for Aiyana. Capturing her will prove my worth to the Reborn. Since you're not backing down nor handing her over, I will kill each and every one of you."


Just a reminder that Galadhan is up. She is very hostile and will most likely attack on her turn.


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

"Suit yourself." Aleks says, holding out his hand. A rapier coalesces from the shadows in his grasp.

Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29
Damage, Magical Piercing: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Sorry, been at the beach all week

Galadhan moves and fires….

To Hit Mods: BAB+Dex, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Flurry of Blows
Damage Mods: Magic, Strength, Weapon Specialization, PBS

Magic Longbow vs FFAC: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 24
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 9

Perfect Strike: 2/6


She grits her teeth again at Aleks. "Grave mistake you made.". The caligni then calls out to those in the back, "Aiyana! Are you back there? Surrender now before your friends drop like flies.". Aiyana makes no response and hides behind Farrar.

Moved Aleks up to where he would be if he wanted to attack.

She winces at the pain as both Aleks' and Galadhan's strikes hit her. Then she backs up away from the fighter and casts a spell, still holding up her rapier at Aleks.

--------

[u]Round 1-2[/u]

Aleks
Galadhan

Female Caligni (-34 hp)

Aiyana
Akku
Farrar
Leon
Nyxis

Everyone is up!


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Seeing her wince in pain, Akku tries to manipulate her mind to extend that feeling...

Move and cast inflict pain on Female Caligni; Will DC 15; Duration: 8 rounds; 'You telepathically wrack the target’s mind and body with agonizing pain that imposes a –4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks. A successful Will save reduces the duration to 1 round.'

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan fires twice more...

To Hit Mods: BAB+Dex, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Flurry of Blows,
Damage Mods: Magic, Strength, Weapon Specialization, PBS

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 32
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 10

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 28
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 8

Perfect Strike: 2/6


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Leon moves in front of the door as he advances on the woman.

Striking for nonlethal. I assume Vicious works the same way as always. Not power attacking.
Attack (nonlethal): 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 4 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 10 + (4, 2) = 22
Self Damage on Hit: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Critical Confirmation (nonlethal): 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 4 = 30
Critical Bonus Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

351 to 400 of 1,079 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mauve's Cradle of Night All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.