Miteke's Legacy of Fire

Game Master miteke

General References
Player's Guide - House Rules - Knowledge Skill Success Topics - GM Reference - PC bonus traits and feats

World and Local Maps
Geographical Maps - The Pale Mountain Region

House of the Beast Upper Levels
House of the Beast - The Warrens and the Lower Temple - The Warrens and the Middle Temple

Current Tactical Map
The Stone Speakers


4,601 to 4,650 of 4,895 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Such a bad attitude. 'm sooo misunderstood."


Male Ifrit Sorceror Elemental: Water () 3 / Oracle Flame (Seeker) 2
Active Conditions:
Mage Armor +4AC, Shield +4AC
| HP: 41/41| AC: 14/16/13|Init: +7|Perc: +3|Fort: +4|Ref: +5|Will: +6|CMB: +3 CMD: 15|Acid: +6;1d3|Frost:1d3|Disrupt:1d6|Fire Ray:1d6+1|Q.Staff: +3;1d6|
Skills:
Acro:+6| App:+2|Bluff:+8|Clim:+0|Diplo:+9|DD:+11|Disg:+4|E.A:+3|H.A:+4|Heal:-1|Inti: +9|K.Arc:+7|K.Pla/Reli:+6|Ling:+4|Ride:+3|SM:-1|Sleight:+3|Spell:+10|Stealt h:+4|Sur:-1|UMD:+9|

"What exactly are you doing with this one currently?" Urah asks.
While signaling to the others.

Send Secret message
Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Secret Messages: You can use Bluff to pass hidden messages along to another character without others understanding your true meaning by using innuendo to cloak your actual message. The DC of this check is 15 for simple messages and 20 for complex messages. If you are successful, the target automatically understands you, assuming you are communicating in a language that it understands. If your check fails by 5 or more, you deliver the wrong message. Other creatures that receive the message can decipher it by succeeding at an opposed Sense Motive check against your Bluff result.

"Surround him and take him down in one go."


Male Gnoll Bloodrager 6 | HP 69/69 Rage 81 |AC raging 23/T14/FF21 | F+8/R+5/W+5(rage) | CMB + 10/CMD 22 | init + 4 | Perc + 9 | intim. + 11 | Surv. + 9 | Rage16/16 HP+12 /AC-2/Will+2/fast healing 1 | Spells 1/2 | Wand 5/5

Looking from Malgrim to Urah, Gansher nods and casually begins walking into the laboratory working his way to the other side of the mad-scientist.

If permitted he will move to the opposite side and stop 5 ft away in med size range for his bardiche. Figuring on killing the fellow without raging, but when do things go as planned? Right?


Male Human Druid 6 | Init +2, Senses Perception +13 | AC 21, 14 Touch, 19 Flat footed (+4 armor, +1 Shield, +2 Dex, +2 Def, +2 NA) | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +10 | HP 31/42| Lightning Arc 6/7 | Beacon 0/1 | DL 1/1 IL 0/1| Active Conditions: 24 AC, Form of: Small Eagle, +2 Dex, +1 NA

Tarak just shrugs and mentally prepares to toss a spell at this guy.


Skills:
Acrobatics +11 (12), Disable Device 7 (8), Heal +9, Perception +16, Stealth +15 (16), Survival +2, Use Magic Device +8
Hobgoblin Kineticist 6 | Init +3 (4), Senses Perception (Darkvision) +16 | AC 22 (23), 13 (14) Touch, 19 Flat Footed (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +3 Dex) | Fort +12 (13), Ref +10 (11), Will +6 | HP 70/70 (52/76) (24 Non-lethal) | Burn 4 |Active Conditions: None

Malgrim enters and moves to get a clear shot when things kick off. "I think we understand you. Knowledge gained regardless of the cost." Malgrim tells the man.

I am not sure where he is on the map. I moved to try and avoid pillars that would give him cover. I will stay at least 15 ft from him and try and put myself where there are no pillars between the two of us.


I put the madman's icon on the map. Go ahead and place yourselves.

Roll bluff vs. his sense motive to surprise him.

sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Ifrit Sorceror Elemental: Water () 3 / Oracle Flame (Seeker) 2
Active Conditions:
Mage Armor +4AC, Shield +4AC
| HP: 41/41| AC: 14/16/13|Init: +7|Perc: +3|Fort: +4|Ref: +5|Will: +6|CMB: +3 CMD: 15|Acid: +6;1d3|Frost:1d3|Disrupt:1d6|Fire Ray:1d6+1|Q.Staff: +3;1d6|
Skills:
Acro:+6| App:+2|Bluff:+8|Clim:+0|Diplo:+9|DD:+11|Disg:+4|E.A:+3|H.A:+4|Heal:-1|Inti: +9|K.Arc:+7|K.Pla/Reli:+6|Ling:+4|Ride:+3|SM:-1|Sleight:+3|Spell:+10|Stealt h:+4|Sur:-1|UMD:+9|

Urah continues on praising him.

Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"Yes. Science waits for no one and only waits for the one brave enough to discover it's hidden mystery."


Male Gnoll Bloodrager 6 | HP 69/69 Rage 81 |AC raging 23/T14/FF21 | F+8/R+5/W+5(rage) | CMB + 10/CMD 22 | init + 4 | Perc + 9 | intim. + 11 | Surv. + 9 | Rage16/16 HP+12 /AC-2/Will+2/fast healing 1 | Spells 1/2 | Wand 5/5

bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

As he begins to move to the other side of the scientist, Gnasher rests his bardiche on his shoulder, where he could easily grasp it with both paws and chop at the odd man. As he moves he addresses 'Madfang', "Science better than magic? Gnasher see."

Figured I should wait to attack to see if all of us fool him or not.


Skills:
Acrobatics +11 (12), Disable Device 7 (8), Heal +9, Perception +16, Stealth +15 (16), Survival +2, Use Magic Device +8
Hobgoblin Kineticist 6 | Init +3 (4), Senses Perception (Darkvision) +16 | AC 22 (23), 13 (14) Touch, 19 Flat Footed (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +3 Dex) | Fort +12 (13), Ref +10 (11), Will +6 | HP 70/70 (52/76) (24 Non-lethal) | Burn 4 |Active Conditions: None

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Tarak sounds like he is waiting in back, so go ahead and take a surprise round.

Remember only one standard action in a surprise round.


Male Gnoll Bloodrager 6 | HP 69/69 Rage 81 |AC raging 23/T14/FF21 | F+8/R+5/W+5(rage) | CMB + 10/CMD 22 | init + 4 | Perc + 9 | intim. + 11 | Surv. + 9 | Rage16/16 HP+12 /AC-2/Will+2/fast healing 1 | Spells 1/2 | Wand 5/5

Looking from the mad scientist towards the others, Gnasher shrugs, then lifting his Bardiche off of his shoulder, quickly grabbing it with both hands he steps and chops at the strange man.

Suprise rd. + 1 Bardiche
attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 for damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
attack confirm crit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 for damage: 1d10 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Gnasher flicks out his weapon and catches Madfang in mid boast. Though the blade hurts, he seems more wounded by the fact that you attacked. Disappointed in you, really, quite disappointed.

Combat Card Round 1
Ongoing effects not mentioned below:
Bold may go.

Malgrim Gryh (-0 HP)
Tarak (-0 HP)
Urah Pyr (-0 HP)

Madfang (-25 HP)

Gnasher (-0 HP)


Male Ifrit Sorceror Elemental: Water () 3 / Oracle Flame (Seeker) 2
Active Conditions:
Mage Armor +4AC, Shield +4AC
| HP: 41/41| AC: 14/16/13|Init: +7|Perc: +3|Fort: +4|Ref: +5|Will: +6|CMB: +3 CMD: 15|Acid: +6;1d3|Frost:1d3|Disrupt:1d6|Fire Ray:1d6+1|Q.Staff: +3;1d6|
Skills:
Acro:+6| App:+2|Bluff:+8|Clim:+0|Diplo:+9|DD:+11|Disg:+4|E.A:+3|H.A:+4|Heal:-1|Inti: +9|K.Arc:+7|K.Pla/Reli:+6|Ling:+4|Ride:+3|SM:-1|Sleight:+3|Spell:+10|Stealt h:+4|Sur:-1|UMD:+9|

Ignoring the disappointment, Urah joins Gnasher in his attack as he swiftly sends out a blazing ray!
Elemental ray, ranged touch , point blank shot 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 91d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3 taking all the low rolls so you guys roll high.


Quite sacrificial of you Urah. I'm sure it is appreciated. No need to tell you whether than hit or not, but just to make it official, NOT!


Male Ifrit Sorceror Elemental: Water () 3 / Oracle Flame (Seeker) 2
Active Conditions:
Mage Armor +4AC, Shield +4AC
| HP: 41/41| AC: 14/16/13|Init: +7|Perc: +3|Fort: +4|Ref: +5|Will: +6|CMB: +3 CMD: 15|Acid: +6;1d3|Frost:1d3|Disrupt:1d6|Fire Ray:1d6+1|Q.Staff: +3;1d6|
Skills:
Acro:+6| App:+2|Bluff:+8|Clim:+0|Diplo:+9|DD:+11|Disg:+4|E.A:+3|H.A:+4|Heal:-1|Inti: +9|K.Arc:+7|K.Pla/Reli:+6|Ling:+4|Ride:+3|SM:-1|Sleight:+3|Spell:+10|Stealt h:+4|Sur:-1|UMD:+9|

I'll be surprised if that hits. Also GM not included in well wishes for high rolls. :P


Skills:
Acrobatics +11 (12), Disable Device 7 (8), Heal +9, Perception +16, Stealth +15 (16), Survival +2, Use Magic Device +8
Hobgoblin Kineticist 6 | Init +3 (4), Senses Perception (Darkvision) +16 | AC 22 (23), 13 (14) Touch, 19 Flat Footed (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +3 Dex) | Fort +12 (13), Ref +10 (11), Will +6 | HP 70/70 (52/76) (24 Non-lethal) | Burn 4 |Active Conditions: None

Malgrim sends a powerful burst of water at the crazy human.

I Empower and use the Buffer point to take the burn.

Water Blast w/Elemental Overflow , PBS : 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 31

Damage, B, Water Blast w/Elemental Overflow , PBS: 3d6 + 9 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 1) + 9 + 4 + 1 = 18

Critical Confirmation Water Blast w/Elemental Overflow , PBS : 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 23

Critical Confirmation Damage, B, Water Blast w/Elemental Overflow , PBS: 3d6 + 9 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6, 5, 6) + 9 + 4 + 1 = 31

If AC 23 hits him flat footed he takes 73 damage from a critical hit. If AC 23 does not confirm he takes 27 bludgeoning damage.


Male Gnoll Bloodrager 6 | HP 69/69 Rage 81 |AC raging 23/T14/FF21 | F+8/R+5/W+5(rage) | CMB + 10/CMD 22 | init + 4 | Perc + 9 | intim. + 11 | Surv. + 9 | Rage16/16 HP+12 /AC-2/Will+2/fast healing 1 | Spells 1/2 | Wand 5/5

Urah, how noble of you, and how fortuitus, that must have been why Malgrim rolled that twenty. Good team work you two.

Jerking his bardiche loose, Gnasher watches the different combat styles of his tribe members, impressed with how very different styles clearly accent each other.

Just some fluff on a slow Saturday


Male Human Druid 6 | Init +2, Senses Perception +13 | AC 21, 14 Touch, 19 Flat footed (+4 armor, +1 Shield, +2 Dex, +2 Def, +2 NA) | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +10 | HP 31/42| Lightning Arc 6/7 | Beacon 0/1 | DL 1/1 IL 0/1| Active Conditions: 24 AC, Form of: Small Eagle, +2 Dex, +1 NA

With the ambush sprung, Tarak looses a bolt of electricity towards the madman.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage, electricity: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

um, I thought Urah said he was taking the low rolls?


Malgrim pulverizes the hapless alchemist who slumps to the ground, giving onw last jerk when the bolt of electricity hits him.

Combat over.

Looting the body reveals a +2 leather armor, for all the good it did him, masterwork dagger, and masterwork surgical tools.


Male Ifrit Sorceror Elemental: Water () 3 / Oracle Flame (Seeker) 2
Active Conditions:
Mage Armor +4AC, Shield +4AC
| HP: 41/41| AC: 14/16/13|Init: +7|Perc: +3|Fort: +4|Ref: +5|Will: +6|CMB: +3 CMD: 15|Acid: +6;1d3|Frost:1d3|Disrupt:1d6|Fire Ray:1d6+1|Q.Staff: +3;1d6|
Skills:
Acro:+6| App:+2|Bluff:+8|Clim:+0|Diplo:+9|DD:+11|Disg:+4|E.A:+3|H.A:+4|Heal:-1|Inti: +9|K.Arc:+7|K.Pla/Reli:+6|Ling:+4|Ride:+3|SM:-1|Sleight:+3|Spell:+10|Stealt h:+4|Sur:-1|UMD:+9|

I'm surprised Tarak stole my low rolls lol.
Wow he's got +2 leather armor!

Urah gleefully helps the dead alchemist remove his items.


Male Gnoll Bloodrager 6 | HP 69/69 Rage 81 |AC raging 23/T14/FF21 | F+8/R+5/W+5(rage) | CMB + 10/CMD 22 | init + 4 | Perc + 9 | intim. + 11 | Surv. + 9 | Rage16/16 HP+12 /AC-2/Will+2/fast healing 1 | Spells 1/2 | Wand 5/5
Tarak Stromblessed wrote:
um, I thought Urah said he was taking the low rolls?

Quick give them back, we won't tell.

As Urah was removing the armor from the dead man, Gnasher noticed the dagger on it's hip. Half considering asking for the dagger, Gnasher realized what fun Urah was having stripping the body and decided to let his friend enjoy the moment. Turning towards the door he found himself near, Gnasher paused and inspected the door, then gesturing with his Bardiche, "Tribe go this way?"

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Skills:
Acrobatics +11 (12), Disable Device 7 (8), Heal +9, Perception +16, Stealth +15 (16), Survival +2, Use Magic Device +8
Hobgoblin Kineticist 6 | Init +3 (4), Senses Perception (Darkvision) +16 | AC 22 (23), 13 (14) Touch, 19 Flat Footed (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +3 Dex) | Fort +12 (13), Ref +10 (11), Will +6 | HP 70/70 (52/76) (24 Non-lethal) | Burn 4 |Active Conditions: None

Once everyone is ready Malgrim nods to Gnasher and follows along behind him to look over the new doorway.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26


Malgrim hears snarling outbursts on the other side and no less than six locks on the door, each of which will require a separate attempt to open. And no key on Madfang!


Male Gnoll Bloodrager 6 | HP 69/69 Rage 81 |AC raging 23/T14/FF21 | F+8/R+5/W+5(rage) | CMB + 10/CMD 22 | init + 4 | Perc + 9 | intim. + 11 | Surv. + 9 | Rage16/16 HP+12 /AC-2/Will+2/fast healing 1 | Spells 1/2 | Wand 5/5

Raising an eyebrow at the snarling outbursts, Gnasher nods towards the door, "Shall tribe look for key?" He then begins to scour the room looking for anything that might hold a key.

Taking 10 (19) on percpeption


Skills:
Acrobatics +11 (12), Disable Device 7 (8), Heal +9, Perception +16, Stealth +15 (16), Survival +2, Use Magic Device +8
Hobgoblin Kineticist 6 | Init +3 (4), Senses Perception (Darkvision) +16 | AC 22 (23), 13 (14) Touch, 19 Flat Footed (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +3 Dex) | Fort +12 (13), Ref +10 (11), Will +6 | HP 70/70 (52/76) (24 Non-lethal) | Burn 4 |Active Conditions: None

Malgrim tries to open the first lock. Or at least thats what he claims to be doing.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Male Human Druid 6 | Init +2, Senses Perception +13 | AC 21, 14 Touch, 19 Flat footed (+4 armor, +1 Shield, +2 Dex, +2 Def, +2 NA) | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +10 | HP 31/42| Lightning Arc 6/7 | Beacon 0/1 | DL 1/1 IL 0/1| Active Conditions: 24 AC, Form of: Small Eagle, +2 Dex, +1 NA

Tarak watches impassively at the exection and looting of the madman, then shurgs and follows the group.

At the locked door he suggests, "Lots of locks and snarling? Mayhap we leave this door be?"


Gnasher finds no key, which is odd. Who puts locks on a door and doesn't have a key? Malgrim makes no progress. The door is dang sturdy too but you could carve your way through using adamantine and a lot of noisy bashing. I'll basically make the one who does it fatigued for a while.


Male Ifrit Sorceror Elemental: Water () 3 / Oracle Flame (Seeker) 2
Active Conditions:
Mage Armor +4AC, Shield +4AC
| HP: 41/41| AC: 14/16/13|Init: +7|Perc: +3|Fort: +4|Ref: +5|Will: +6|CMB: +3 CMD: 15|Acid: +6;1d3|Frost:1d3|Disrupt:1d6|Fire Ray:1d6+1|Q.Staff: +3;1d6|
Skills:
Acro:+6| App:+2|Bluff:+8|Clim:+0|Diplo:+9|DD:+11|Disg:+4|E.A:+3|H.A:+4|Heal:-1|Inti: +9|K.Arc:+7|K.Pla/Reli:+6|Ling:+4|Ride:+3|SM:-1|Sleight:+3|Spell:+10|Stealt h:+4|Sur:-1|UMD:+9|

"Didn't this madman say he was doing experiments? Those experiments could be behind the door!" Urah points out.


Male Gnoll Bloodrager 6 | HP 69/69 Rage 81 |AC raging 23/T14/FF21 | F+8/R+5/W+5(rage) | CMB + 10/CMD 22 | init + 4 | Perc + 9 | intim. + 11 | Surv. + 9 | Rage16/16 HP+12 /AC-2/Will+2/fast healing 1 | Spells 1/2 | Wand 5/5

After looking for a key in that room, Gnasher furrows his brow. Having heard both Tarak's and Urah's comments, he gestures towards the other door. "Gnasher check that door too, then maybe tribe continue killing gnolls. If tribe find key's tribe come back, If not." He gives a very human like shrug, wondering how long it would take whatever was in there to die of starvation.

Turning to the northern set of doors he investigates it as well.

Taking 10(19) on perception for his door, just in case it's not the same as the other. Did we search 19 well enough to have found keys?


The door reveals the same set up and the same sounds from the other side.


Skills:
Acrobatics +11 (12), Disable Device 7 (8), Heal +9, Perception +16, Stealth +15 (16), Survival +2, Use Magic Device +8
Hobgoblin Kineticist 6 | Init +3 (4), Senses Perception (Darkvision) +16 | AC 22 (23), 13 (14) Touch, 19 Flat Footed (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +3 Dex) | Fort +12 (13), Ref +10 (11), Will +6 | HP 70/70 (52/76) (24 Non-lethal) | Burn 4 |Active Conditions: None

"I think Urah is right. It might be worth just blowing the doors down and dealing with whatever crazed creatures we find in there now lest someone release them when we are already facing something serious." Malgrim says.

I will take 20 on one of the locks for a Disable Device DC 28.


You manage to open the lock, though it takes pretty much all your skill and time to do so. It will take you a half hour to get the deed done, but you think you can pick your way though all the locks.


Male Gnoll Bloodrager 6 | HP 69/69 Rage 81 |AC raging 23/T14/FF21 | F+8/R+5/W+5(rage) | CMB + 10/CMD 22 | init + 4 | Perc + 9 | intim. + 11 | Surv. + 9 | Rage16/16 HP+12 /AC-2/Will+2/fast healing 1 | Spells 1/2 | Wand 5/5

Nodding that he understands Malgrim's logic, Gnasher finds a chair on the other side of the laboratory dragging it near the door. He takes off his pack, dropping it one side of the chair and his bardiche the other. Sitting down he watches Malgrim pick the first lock. Reaching into his pack he pulls out some of the snake from the slaves cook fire. Gesturing towards the other locks as he begins to eat the snake. "Well done Ghost, only five left."


Skills:
Acrobatics +11 (12), Disable Device 7 (8), Heal +9, Perception +16, Stealth +15 (16), Survival +2, Use Magic Device +8
Hobgoblin Kineticist 6 | Init +3 (4), Senses Perception (Darkvision) +16 | AC 22 (23), 13 (14) Touch, 19 Flat Footed (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +3 Dex) | Fort +12 (13), Ref +10 (11), Will +6 | HP 70/70 (52/76) (24 Non-lethal) | Burn 4 |Active Conditions: None

Malgrim takes the time to open the locks.


The snarling on the other side continues and gets closer to the door as whatever is in there realizes someone is messing with the door.

Any preps before you throw the door open?


Male Ifrit Sorceror Elemental: Water () 3 / Oracle Flame (Seeker) 2
Active Conditions:
Mage Armor +4AC, Shield +4AC
| HP: 41/41| AC: 14/16/13|Init: +7|Perc: +3|Fort: +4|Ref: +5|Will: +6|CMB: +3 CMD: 15|Acid: +6;1d3|Frost:1d3|Disrupt:1d6|Fire Ray:1d6+1|Q.Staff: +3;1d6|
Skills:
Acro:+6| App:+2|Bluff:+8|Clim:+0|Diplo:+9|DD:+11|Disg:+4|E.A:+3|H.A:+4|Heal:-1|Inti: +9|K.Arc:+7|K.Pla/Reli:+6|Ling:+4|Ride:+3|SM:-1|Sleight:+3|Spell:+10|Stealt h:+4|Sur:-1|UMD:+9|

Urah looks around for anything that could impede the creature once it bursts out.

He would move it into a position where if he charges out, it would impale itself and save them all the trouble to dealing with it. Else he wanted a barrier of sorts.


Male Human Druid 6 | Init +2, Senses Perception +13 | AC 21, 14 Touch, 19 Flat footed (+4 armor, +1 Shield, +2 Dex, +2 Def, +2 NA) | Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +10 | HP 31/42| Lightning Arc 6/7 | Beacon 0/1 | DL 1/1 IL 0/1| Active Conditions: 24 AC, Form of: Small Eagle, +2 Dex, +1 NA

Tarak sighs as the group seems determined to fight this snarling thing instead of letting be, and casts a quick spell before focusing and shifting into a massive tiger.

Cast Barkskin and shift to a dire tiger form (large)


@Urah
You are on the lower temple map. Gnasher and Malgrim's icons are next to the door to be opened. Feel free to place your icon where you want it to be. I will write up the event tonight to give you a chance to post any additional preps and position your icons.


Male Ifrit Sorceror Elemental: Water () 3 / Oracle Flame (Seeker) 2
Active Conditions:
Mage Armor +4AC, Shield +4AC
| HP: 41/41| AC: 14/16/13|Init: +7|Perc: +3|Fort: +4|Ref: +5|Will: +6|CMB: +3 CMD: 15|Acid: +6;1d3|Frost:1d3|Disrupt:1d6|Fire Ray:1d6+1|Q.Staff: +3;1d6|
Skills:
Acro:+6| App:+2|Bluff:+8|Clim:+0|Diplo:+9|DD:+11|Disg:+4|E.A:+3|H.A:+4|Heal:-1|Inti: +9|K.Arc:+7|K.Pla/Reli:+6|Ling:+4|Ride:+3|SM:-1|Sleight:+3|Spell:+10|Stealt h:+4|Sur:-1|UMD:+9|

Done. Placed.


Male Gnoll Bloodrager 6 | HP 69/69 Rage 81 |AC raging 23/T14/FF21 | F+8/R+5/W+5(rage) | CMB + 10/CMD 22 | init + 4 | Perc + 9 | intim. + 11 | Surv. + 9 | Rage16/16 HP+12 /AC-2/Will+2/fast healing 1 | Spells 1/2 | Wand 5/5

Seeing Malgrim had nearly finished with the last lock, Gnasher sucked the marrow out of the vertebrae he'd been working on. Dropping the bone in his maw, he continued chewing while he stood from the chair. Looking from the door to the back of the room, he paces back giving himself enough room to enlarge and attack the creature at reach as it left its lair. Realizing he was just the opposite side of the pole Urah was hiding behind, he gives his friend a toothy smile. Turning back to Malgrim, bardiche in hand, "Gnasher ready."


Skills:
Acrobatics +11 (12), Disable Device 7 (8), Heal +9, Perception +16, Stealth +15 (16), Survival +2, Use Magic Device +8
Hobgoblin Kineticist 6 | Init +3 (4), Senses Perception (Darkvision) +16 | AC 22 (23), 13 (14) Touch, 19 Flat Footed (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +3 Dex) | Fort +12 (13), Ref +10 (11), Will +6 | HP 70/70 (52/76) (24 Non-lethal) | Burn 4 |Active Conditions: None

Malgrim will swing the door open and prepare to smack something with a water bat.


Init(Tarak): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Init(Gnasher): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Init(Urah): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Init(Malgrim): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Init(Unchosen): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Init(Unchosen): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Init(Unchosen): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Init(Unchosen): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Init(Unchosen): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Urah, who seems a bit hyped up on adrenaline, is the first to go.

Combat Card Round 1
Ongoing effects not mentioned below:
Bold may go.

Urah Pyr (-0 HP)

Black Unchosen (-0 HP)

Gnasher (-0 HP)
Tarak (-0 HP)

Red Unchosen (-0 HP)

Malgrim Gryh (-0 HP)

Blue Unchosen (-0 HP)
Green Unchosen (-0 HP)
White Unchosen (-0 HP)


Male Ifrit Sorceror Elemental: Water () 3 / Oracle Flame (Seeker) 2
Active Conditions:
Mage Armor +4AC, Shield +4AC
| HP: 41/41| AC: 14/16/13|Init: +7|Perc: +3|Fort: +4|Ref: +5|Will: +6|CMB: +3 CMD: 15|Acid: +6;1d3|Frost:1d3|Disrupt:1d6|Fire Ray:1d6+1|Q.Staff: +3;1d6|
Skills:
Acro:+6| App:+2|Bluff:+8|Clim:+0|Diplo:+9|DD:+11|Disg:+4|E.A:+3|H.A:+4|Heal:-1|Inti: +9|K.Arc:+7|K.Pla/Reli:+6|Ling:+4|Ride:+3|SM:-1|Sleight:+3|Spell:+10|Stealt h:+4|Sur:-1|UMD:+9|

Who is certainty not hyped to see so many nasty looking creatures.

And opts to dust all of them with his to go to spell now. A fine cloud of colorful dust gets blown into the enemy baring one.

Glitter dust though I'll likely missed with blue or green or even both due to them hiding behind the wall.
Will save DC 16 or be blind. (Be blind please)


Gnasher pointed out that I had the size of the unchosen wrong so I repositioned them. You got all 5!"[/b]

will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

[ooc]Kind of. Lucky buggers.


One very excitable Unchosen manages to get in a strike on Malgrim before the rest of the party is able to react. It only hurt a little bit.

to hit claws: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

to hit claws: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

to hit bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Combat Card Round 1
Ongoing effects not mentioned below:
Bold may go.

Gnasher (-0 HP)
Tarak (-0 HP)

Red Unchosen (-0 HP)

Malgrim Gryh (-7 HP)

Blue Unchosen (-0 HP)
Green Unchosen (-0 HP)
White Unchosen (-0 HP, blind)

Urah Pyr (-0 HP)

Black Unchosen (-0 HP)

Have pity on me and keep your ACs current. If a value is in parentheses I'll assume it is not the active AC.


Male Gnoll Bloodrager 6 | HP 69/69 Rage 81 |AC raging 23/T14/FF21 | F+8/R+5/W+5(rage) | CMB + 10/CMD 22 | init + 4 | Perc + 9 | intim. + 11 | Surv. + 9 | Rage16/16 HP+12 /AC-2/Will+2/fast healing 1 | Spells 1/2 | Wand 5/5

Seeing the 'Unchosen' beond the door, Gnasher steps forward and begins to rage. Growing larger, his paws grow into overly large claws, his eyes glow red, his fangs enlarge and he begins to froth at the mouth. While his brown hide takes on a red-orange cast to it, giving a peculiar laugh the chops at the red unchosen on the left.

AC 23: (- 2 rage, -2 enlarge + 4 gnolls) 1/16 rage: 5 ft step, Full attack: + 1 Bardiche, power attack
attack: Bardiche: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 2 = 24 for damage: 2d8 + 7 + 2 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 7 + 2 + 1 + 6 = 20
attack: Bardiche: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 = 8 for damage: 2d8 + 7 + 2 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 7 + 2 + 1 + 6 = 20
hmmm, going to assume that second one misses


Male Human Druid 6| Init +2, Senses Perception +13 | AC 18, 11 Touch, 16 Flat footed (+6 Natural Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Deflection, -1 Size) | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +10 | HP 27/42| Lightning Arc 7/7 | Beacon 0/1 | DL 1/1 IL 1/1| Active Conditions:Form of: Dire Tiger; +1 to all attacks, +2 NA, AC 18; -2 CON, 21 HP

Sorry, meant to post last night but once I finally was able to settle and grab my computer, my internet crapped out.

Despite his large furry form and the innate desire to rip and tear with his teeth and claws, Tarak instead roars in a particular timbre and a blast of lightning arcs out from his jaws and into the enemy.

Pop Beacon of faith and cast Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt, DC 18 REF for half: 9d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 1, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5) = 43
Looks like I for sure can hit black and white, possibly red too from the top corner of my square

Barkskin, AC: 21


reflex black: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
reflex white: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
reflex red: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Before one of the violent fellows can even get in an attack, the even more violent adventurers him down. Unlike Urah's glitter, Tarak finds that his bolt is much harder to avoid. Perhaps because he did not have to hit them in the eyes. And boy was the bolt a doozie.

Combat Card Round 1
Ongoing effects not mentioned below:
Bold may go.

Malgrim Gryh (-7 HP)

Blue Unchosen (-0 HP)
Green Unchosen (-0 HP)
White Unchosen (-43 HP, blind)

Urah Pyr (-0 HP)

Black Unchosen (-43 HP)

Gnasher (-0 HP)
Tarak (-0 HP)


Skills:
Acrobatics +11 (12), Disable Device 7 (8), Heal +9, Perception +16, Stealth +15 (16), Survival +2, Use Magic Device +8
Hobgoblin Kineticist 6 | Init +3 (4), Senses Perception (Darkvision) +16 | AC 22 (23), 13 (14) Touch, 19 Flat Footed (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +3 Dex) | Fort +12 (13), Ref +10 (11), Will +6 | HP 70/70 (52/76) (24 Non-lethal) | Burn 4 |Active Conditions: None

Malgrim gathers the power of life giving water around him to form a massive water bat and then swings wildly at an Unchosen before stepping back behind the wall.

Gather Power, Empower and Smack them with a Kinetic Blade attack. No Drain gained.

Kinetic Blade w/Elemental Overflow: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15

Damage, B, Kinetic Blade w/ Elemental Overflow: 3d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1, 6) + 9 + 4 = 24

Poor. If a 15 hits then Black will take 36 damage.


Well, if by hit you mean something other than the Unchosen, then ... maybe. But no to the intended target.

Which means the goons clustered around the doorway get their chance to attack you. Fortunately they are not all that good at coordinating and do not get a chance to claw and bite, but just bite. And they have to move closer to you all since the others are in the way which gives Gnasher and Malgrim an AoO on green as he moves closer, and Tarak an AoO on Blue as he moves to the corner.

I say he, but who knows with these things. Could be she. Even Gnasher has a tough time telling.

Blue's attacks on Tarak
to hit claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Green's attacks (on Malgrim - you notice that it barely looks at Gnasher and definitely favors attacking Malgrim)
to hit claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 - hits!

4,601 to 4,650 of 4,895 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Miteke's Legacy of Fire Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.