Miteke's Legacy of Fire

Game Master miteke

Player's Guide
House Rules
Geographical Maps

Monastery


1 to 50 of 486 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Please dot and delete


You are all recruited by one Garavel, the major domo for Almah, a merchant princes, to help recover the village of Kelmarane. the location was a on time trading post lost to unknown forces. Little is known about its current state and how it was lost is anyone speculation. It has been many years since the post was lost.

Garavel is tall and swarthy, looking more like a dashing swordsman than what you have come to expect from a merchant. He has a lantern jaw and short black hair, and a strange bolt like device which appears to have been inlaid in the side of Garavel’s head. The man shows little emotion, rivaling the android he hired. You are each assigned a camel to ride as you make the trip and your needs will be taken care of.

This 'scene' opens after he has collected each of you from the town of Solku, far west of the capital city of Katapesh, and are headed to an unknown location in the northern scrublands of Katapesh. Please RP or describe how you were hired and something that will help us get to know your character better.


AC:18 T:13 F:16| HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, | AC:16 T:12 F:14| HP 14/14 | CMD:14 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, |

Lupe (lew-pay), is a stout halfling with twice as much hair as he should have and a pair of fangs. His leather is painted grey in a clear attempt to look more like a knight. His banner waves high in the sky as he sits astride a grey wolf, name Wolf, who consequently is nearly twice his size.

Lupe is an observant fellow and had recently been looking for any mention of a group going to Kelmarane. When he heard of Garavel's expedition he sprinted full speed to Katsumi.

Speaking so fast he can barely be understood, "There is a group. They are going to Kelmarane. That note you read to me said a woman who looked like Haleen was near Kelmarane. We have to go. They need mercenaries and you're the best fighter I know and I'm basically, already, kind of knighted, so we have to do it.


M Human (Tian-Min) Fighter 1 (HP 10/13 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | F 4 R 4 W 0 | Init +4 | Percept 1)

Katsumi blinked at his younger brother from behind the painted men-yoroi of his helmet. His eyes, one dark brown and the other a pale blue, were the only visible part of him. The rest was covered by a combination of his foreign armor and long sleeves and gloves. The armor had been a gift from Haleen, not long before her disappearance, and Katsumi was rarely to be found without it. Unfortunately, without her soothing words of encouragement, he also hadn't yet worked up the nerve to step outside while wearing it, which meant much of his time had been spent in their abode pouring over her letter, looking for hidden messages. Haleen had no doubt hoped that the gift would encourage him to embrace his heritage, but instead, he couldn't shake the echos of the many taunts and jeers the locals had thrown at him over the years, often along with more painful projectiles.

He was quiet a moment longer, thinking over Lupe's words. Finally he spoke, voice even and unhurried. "Are you sure, brother? We have found many leads over the months, but all have thus far proved to be but whispers in the wind. What makes this rumor any different from the rest?" It wasn't that he didn't want to go. ...well, actually, yes, he didn't want to go. But that was not the same as being unwilling to go. Lupe just tended to be...well...excitable. And often his plans weren't as well reasoned as he believed. So if he was to brave the outside world and their stares once more, he wanted to be sure that this wasn't simply a figment of Lupe's dreams.


AC:18 T:13 F:16| HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, | AC:16 T:12 F:14| HP 14/14 | CMD:14 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, |

"Well...you know how I don't know a lot of things. Like, I'm not smart with books like you and Haleen are. But, sometimes I get a feeling, like when someone is lying or stealing, and I'm right. I think this is one of those times. I can feel it is the right thing to do. I think it is the first step, and it's going to be hard, and we are going to want to quit, but it's the right first step."

This is the first time, with any of these leads, that Lupe has said he has a feeling. When he has a feeling, his intuitions are not perfect, but they are right far more then they are not.


M Human (Tian-Min) Fighter 1 (HP 10/13 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | F 4 R 4 W 0 | Init +4 | Percept 1)

Katsumi repressed a groan. He hated Lupe's "hunches." More often than not they ended poorly for him. And what was worse, once he had declared a hunch, it was practically impossible to talk him out of whatever cockamamie plan he had concocted. As such, he was reasonably certain that despite anything he might say, Lupe would simply run off and join this mercenary group with or without him. With Haleen gone, the task of looking out for their little family fell on him as the eldest. Plus, well, until they found her, Lupe was the only family he had. If he left, Katsumi would be alone. And it wasn't like his studies had thus far yielded any results. So despite the cold bead of sweat trickling down the back of his neck, he responded, "Very well. Let up pack up what supplies we will need for the journey. Where are we to meet?" He stood slowly to begin methodically packing what supplies they might need to Kelmarane.

You can do this. This is what you've been training for. You're a perfectly...competent fighter. As Haleen would say, 'Bravery is not the absence of fear, but instead the willingness to act despite it.'


female human arcanist 1 | HP 6/6; THP 0/4; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +0, R +2, W +2 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | Init +2 | Per +0 | Reservoir (6/7); Spells: 1-st (3/3)

Rahella was rather surprised when not too long ago Garavel came to her specifically requesting her assistance on a job. It seemed that his Master Almah would be sending a caravan out to retake an old trading post called Kelmerane and it was requested that she join them. The place had been lost some time ago and it was unclear what kinds of dangers there might be there. Given that people were likely never burried properly it was quite possible there could be undead to deal with and they were something she was very knowledgeable about, far more so even than many priests, so her expertise was requested.

Having been looking for a reason to leave the temple of the Lady of Graves in the city Rahella agreed to the request and made her way to the town of Solku where she was to await the arrival of the other members of the expedition and Garaval himself. It wasn't a terrible trip, hot but otherwise bearable, though she was ready to kill the camel after it's attitude. The beast seemed to know she was connected to death and it didn't like bearing her all that much.

When she arrived in the town of Solku Rahella went directly to the inn. She'd been told that room and board would be paid for until they were ready to leave and it was hopefully cooler than it was outdoors. When she entered the inn Rahella was met with the smells of cooking food and the sound of the few patrons talking but the voices stopped when she walked in. The people likely all locals and they all looked at her with various degrees of hostility, curiosity, or desire.

Rahella was wearing a pale rose robe with a hood that pulled tight to the sides of her head and wore a matching veil that covered her face from just above her nose leaving only her vivid purple eyes visible. What was visible of her face showed very smooth, slightly pale, skin and the way the robe hung made it clear she was a woman while revealing no hint of flesh. She ignored the stares and went to the innkeeper and said, "I was told that my room was board were to be charged to an account set up by a Merchant Garaval," her voice was soft, with a husky undertone that made what she said sound almost suggestive, as she reached within the robe and pulled out a token she'd been given, "and to give you this as proof."

The innkeeper saw the mark and nodded as he said, "Of course let me get your key." He scurried off to another room to get the key leaving Rahella alone with the patrons.

One of the braver, or rather dumber patrons got up and approached Rahella beligerantly and said, "Where's your Master woman?" It was obvious he was of the mind that women shouldn't be seen alone in public it seemed and that it meant she was fair game for his predations.

Rahella looked at him and said, "I have no Master," she said calmly with no trace of fear at his attitude.

It seemed to catch the man off guard for a moment but he grinned and pressed in closer, "Mind your place woman," it seemed her words had offended the brute, "I've a mind to teach you your proper place."

He had pressed in even closer in an effort to intimidate Rahella but it didn't seem to work very well because she said, "Do you know where I grew up?" She didn't really care what his response was and continued, "I was born and raised in Geb." That caught everyone's immediate attention. Geb was a nightmare place for the living, a land ruled by undeath where most living beings were food if they were lucky they even died quickly as they were devoured, "Compared to those horrors you are nothing so kindly leave me be."

The man seemed ready to escalate things as he started to reach for her regardless when the innkeeper appeared, "Raheem! Out now!"[/b

The bully, Raheem, looked at the inkeeper and said, [b]"She's an affront to all of us, a woman alone like this! She must be taught her place!"

The innkeeper said, "If you keep this up you will be even lower than how you view her," he pointed down with his chin, "look were her blade is."

Raheem looked down to find that Rahella had a dagger right in place that if he approached any closer would have stabbed into his manhood and left him a changed man. The realization made him pale and he quickly backed off and fled the inn.

Rahella looked at the innkeeper and nodded, "My thanks." She took the key, ordered some food and sat in a shadowy corner where she removed her veil revealing her lovely face, one very exotic in origin and ate her food.


Female Android Witch (Protection) 1|HP: 7/7|AC: 12/12/10|Saves: +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will (+4 vs. paralyze, poison, stun, mind-affecting)|Init: +2|Perc: +4

No matter where I go, ignorance seems to never be in short supply.

The pale redhead watches the exchange between the robed, veiled woman and the overly-insecure fool, Raheem. A strange heat lights in her chest and flows outwards, radiating into her legs, her arms and her skull. The blue-line-tattoos on her body seem to pulse with a brief flash of light.

It was the sort of heat that compelled one to act, she had learned. If I knew how to articulate it, I suspect I would find a way to channel it effectively.

It dies down once the robed woman reveals herself to have been holding a knife to his groin during the exchange. Watching the fool lose his nerve and slink out of the inn with his metaphorical tail betwixt his legs stirred something else inside her.

Much like Haqim. When faced with someone who can wield more power, they show their cowardice quite readily.

Visions of her final master blinked before her eyes. His smug grin turning to a grimace of fear as her magic collected in her fingers. The flames erupting from her hands, charring and blackening the stone brickwork behind him, with himself only being spared by the slightest of margins. The hurried, panicked way in which he bargained for his life--and her freedom.

The cream-coloured fennec fox at her feet seemed to have the same recollection, and trots out from underneath her table to approach the robed woman. The tattooed girl tilts her head at her pet and points at her feet. "Aaliyah.تعال الى هنا." She speaks, her voice showing no hint of emotion.

Kelish:
"Come here."

The fox looks back at her with her bright brown eyes before pointedly turning back and approaching the newcomer. It sent a clear message--No. You follow me and come here.

The redhead wrinkles her nose before getting up from her seat and smoothing down the flowing white desert robes she's wearing before following her pet fox. "Aaliyah, I said come here." She says again, her tone just as stoic as before.


CN Kitsune Picaroon 1 | Panache 3/3 | AC 14, T 13, FF 11 | 11/11 hp | Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +1;| Init +3 | Percep +1 | Low-Light Vision | CMD 14

It was by special request that the inestimable Lady Vulpina, on holiday from her life of nobility in Minkai, sits with comfortable ease in a seat near Garavel.

While one would, of course, never make such a request of someone of the Lady's station, this Lady was a special case. Garavel had, after all, seen what she could do himself-- or near enough, anyway.

---===Flashback: Two Months Ago===---

It was not every day the gnolls found prey so alone and so bedecked in finery.

Giz hiked up his spear and gestured to his fellows as they hid behind a dune. Humans sometimes thought they could travel through the desert alone. Maybe they were right-- if they avoided the hyena-folk.

This one was not so lucky as that.

He tapped the sand with a padded hand. Twice.

On thrice, the hunting party rushed forward and crossed over the crest at a sprint, makeshift spears and looted blades in-hand. This would be over quickly.

They were on her in moments, and she didn't seem to even notice until Giz's spear was lunging forward!

Easy!

Until he found his spearhead being forced aside.

It was as if she had known all along they were there; her blade swerved this way and that, turning theirs aside in turn and following up with quick, piercing thrusts of her own. Krykk fell, his blood leaking onto the sands as he held his side. Duggah did better, for a moment-- until the human darted to the side, putting Duggah between Giz and herself. Giz swore, darting to the side--

--only to see from this angle that Duggah was clawing at the blade that pierced her neck all the way through.

Filled with rage, Giz shoved his spearhead forward-- if he put more force into the attack, he reasoned, she couldn't turn it away.

Instead, she twisted to the side, his spearhead merely leaving a scar in her scabbard, and barely had time to gasp as he felt a ring of metal against his chest.

"What?" was all he could ask before there was a horrible KRAK. A small, sharp explosion, and he felt pain throughout his entire ribcage. Hot, then cold, then... fading...

He hit the ground, coughing and sputtering, as the prey-- could she still be called that?-- cleaned her blade on a cloth.

The last sound he ever heard was the familiar rasp of metal on leather as she pushed it back into its sheath, and the last sight he saw was a swarthy merchant cresting a dune, looking... shocked? Horrified? Excited? It was hard to tell with flat-snout faces... and he had so little time to ponder this before he found himself facing Pharasma.

---===Present===---

It had been on that day that Garavel found her in the desert, surrounded by fallen gnolls without a scratch on her and looking more annoyed than assaulted. The two had traveled the rest of the way to Solku together-- even if the Lady Vulpina could handle herself well, it would be a lonely journey regardless.

And so it was that she found herself here, considering a foray into Kelmarane.


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Scout/Thug)
Rahella wrote:

Rahella was rather surprised when not too long ago Garavel came to her specifically requesting her assistance on a job. It seemed that his Master Almah would be sending a caravan out to retake an old trading post called Kelmerane and it was requested that she join them. The place had been lost some time ago and it was unclear what kinds of dangers there might be there. Given that people were likely never burried properly it was quite possible there could be undead to deal with and they were something she was very knowledgeable about, far more so even than many priests, so her expertise was requested.

Having been looking for a reason to leave the temple of the Lady of Graves in the city Rahella agreed to the request and made her way to the town of Solku where she was to await the arrival of the other members of the expedition and Garaval himself. It wasn't a terrible trip, hot but otherwise bearable, though she was ready to kill the camel after it's attitude. The beast seemed to know she was connected to death and it didn't like bearing her all that much.

When she arrived in the town of Solku Rahella went directly to the inn. She'd been told that room and board would be paid for until they were ready to leave and it was hopefully cooler than it was outdoors. When she entered the inn Rahella was met with the smells of cooking food and the sound of the few patrons talking but the voices stopped when she walked in. The people likely all locals and they all looked at her with various degrees of hostility, curiosity, or desire.

Rahella was wearing a pale rose robe with a hood that pulled tight to the sides of her head and wore a matching veil that covered her face from just above her nose leaving only her vivid purple eyes visible. What was visible of her face showed very smooth, slightly pale, skin and the way the robe hung made it clear she was a woman while revealing no hint of flesh. She ignored the stares and went to the innkeeper and said, "I was told that my room was board were to...

Casper regarded the exchange between Raheem and the strange newcomer with a curious expression that, had anyone observed it, could have been described as a mixture of observant interest and jaded disdain -- as if the red-headed man man were at the same time absolutely captivated and worldy-wearily bored of the whole affair.

He wore the blazoning white vestments that marked him as a prophet of the Prophecies of Kalistrade, the atheistic acquisitive philosophy that governed the spiritual lives, if one could truly call it that, of his home nation of Druma. Marked outwardly that is... for Casper's family, the slightly disreputable Cantours, harbored a secret, true devotion at stark odds with those of their fellow Drumans. Indeed, the Cantours, though offering lip service and outward deference to the Prophecies, reserved their true loyalty for the Taldan deity known as Norgorber. It is said that the legendary founder of their clan had introduced this hidden devotion to his descendants by way of a Taldan priestess of the Reaper of Reputation with whom he had struck up an extramarital liaison. Though there were so many apocryphal stories of his life in the family's archives, it was often difficult to know the truth of the matter...

In any event, Casper had undoubtedly devoted himself to this same esoteric solidarity, and pursued its merciless tenets whole-heartedly in all his mortal affairs, even while affecting the outward trappings of a loyal adherent to Druma's dominant 'faith'.

He regarded turned his attention again to the brash young man named Raheem with whom he had enjoyed an impromptu assignation the previous evening. Even his brief experience of the youth made his present behavior unsurprising. So... impulsive. He'd simply lunged clumsily at the white-clothed Ginger after escourting him dutifully to his bed chambers. Of course, Casper wasn't one to take the submissive role in any arena, and had quickly set the youth aright...

Casper cleared his mind -- that wasn't worth giving any more thought to -- once and done, like all the others before, and all the others that would undoubtedly follow.

He looked around the inn again, and considered again the enigmatic missive from his Garavel, apparently a representative of a Katapeshian merchant named Lady Alamah. There was a venture that might be of interest to his clan -- a venerable sodality of means and little scruples. The brief encounters between the Cantours and the family of Garavel's employer in the markets of Katapesh had brought their names to mind when seeking backers for this venture... a proposition to which Casper's mother had readily acceded, provided she were allowed to dispatch her own attache to guard the Cantours' interest in the affair.

And so here he was, a pale-skinned ginger in perpetual danger of a protracted immolation beneath this accursed desert sun.

Garavel's communications had indicated that the Major Domo would assemble the other members of the caravan at this hostelry. He wondered whether the others were.

Out of sheer boredom, and perhaps a bit of curiosity as well, Casper slowly approached the veiled lady who had just dispatched his erstwhile paramour from the previous evening.

"They are quite hot-blooded, some of these locals, as if they've just come in from the desert, and are still adapting themselves to the mores of town life."

He nodded politely before taking a seat on the far side of the table,

"I hope you'll forgive any forwardness on my part, as I'm but a humble traveler awaiting the beginning of a slightly mysterious mercantile venture, and I've naught to pass the time until then."

He smiled,

"And you, good lady, appear to be an individual of some mien, of whose acquaintance I would have a greater hold."

The red-head gestured towards himself,

"I am Casper Cantour of Druma, a follower of the Prophecies of Kalistrade, making my way as well I can in this age of Lost Omens."

"Might I have the pleasure of your own preferred nomenclature?"


AC:18 T:13 F:16| HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, | AC:16 T:12 F:14| HP 14/14 | CMD:14 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, |

Wolf and Lupe pab about anxiously waiting for Garavel to arrive. Pacing around nearly 2 hours before Garavel was mustering the group. The he watch as everyone arrives. Observers the conflict with the tough looking women with distain at the man insufferable behavior.

"It's ok Wolf we will get going soon."

As it gets closer to the time to meet Lupe shouts, "Hey anyone traveling with Garavel?"


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Scout/Thug)
Lupe Fiasco wrote:

Wolf and Lupe pab about anxiously waiting for Garavel to arrive. Pacing around nearly 2 hours before Garavel was mustering the group. The he watch as everyone arrives. Observers the conflict with the tough looking women with distain at the man insufferable behavior.

"It's ok Wolf we will get going soon."

As it gets closer to the time to meet Lupe shouts, "Hey anyone traveling with Garavel?"

The pale-skinned, red-headed young man looks up from his conversation with the mysterious veiled femme fatale, but says nothing, waiting to see if any others respond before revealing his own connection with Lady Almah's Major Domo.


Female Android Witch (Protection) 1|HP: 7/7|AC: 12/12/10|Saves: +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will (+4 vs. paralyze, poison, stun, mind-affecting)|Init: +2|Perc: +4

Sarona finally picks up her fennec fox in time to hear the strange halfling's question.

She looks over at their newest guest (and pointedly refusing to acknowledge the other pale-skinned ginger).

"I am."

The fennec in her arms lets out a little yelp, as if in agreement.


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Scout/Thug)
Sarona wrote:

Sarona finally picks up her fennec fox in time to hear the strange halfling's question.

She looks over at their newest guest (and pointedly refusing to acknowledge the other pale-skinned ginger).

"I am."

The fennec in her arms lets out a little yelp, as if in agreement.

Casper now for the first time takes note that another ginger of similar skin tone is also present at the Shade of the Dawn Inn.

"Well... isn't that interesting? And both headed out on the same venture to boot -- is that a coincidence. And will our similarity be a source of friendship or contestation? It remains... to be seen."


AC:18 T:13 F:16| HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, | AC:16 T:12 F:14| HP 14/14 | CMD:14 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, |

"WOW. I like your fox. My name is Lupe. Pleased to meet you."

Lupe dismounts and bows clumsily.


Garvael arrives at the inn wherein a number of the party have already found entertainment - of sorts. He doesn't say much to anyone other than wave them to a seat until the entire group has assembled. Once everyone has arrived, Garavel explains his expectation of you during the trip.

"As you know, I have hired each of you, or purchased your services in the case of the slave, to explore and reclaim the outpost of Kelmarane. However, I expect you all to make yourselves useful in the mean time. I don't care much for slackers and I can always find a replacement if you displease me. You, on the other hand, would NOT like to find yourselves on your own out there."

Garavel does not seem to be sneering nor do you sense that he is on some kind of power trip. He delivers this with a passionless voice as if it should be obvious. Perhaps he has had to deal with 'slackers' before. As he delivers his ultimatum, you notice a few patrons at the inn shaking their heads in acknowledgement as if they have witnessed the results of someone ignoring it.

"But I did not hire you for your abilities as animal handlers or teamsters, and we will be travelling alone and not as part of a trade caravan, so all I ask is that you pitch in where you can. If you do not have any skills worth mentioning, you can always gather wood or stand watch. Gnolls are always an issue in these parts and there is a chance that you might start earning your pay early. I doubt it though. Gnolls are not stupid, at least not in that way. When they attack, they do so when they know they can win, though sometimes they can be wrong."

He gives a nod to the Lady Vulpina.

"The trip to Kelmarane will take about a week. By the end I have little doubt you will all have sore butts and a unique appreciation for camels. Perhaps not. Do any of you know how to ride a camel or have any skills you think might come in handy on our trip?"


AC:18 T:13 F:16| HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, | AC:16 T:12 F:14| HP 14/14 | CMD:14 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, |

"Wolf and I are good at keeping watch and I can create water for people. I can make sure all the food and water are safe to eat and drink. I can magically fix things that break. I'm pretty good at lifting stuff and climbing. But my best skill is inspiring people."


M Human (Tian-Min) Fighter 1 (HP 10/13 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | F 4 R 4 W 0 | Init +4 | Percept 1)

Katsumi stood impassively as Garvael talked, glad that his mask hid any trace of of turmoil on his face. This was a mistake. Everybody's staring at you. Why did you have to wear this stupid armor? Why couldn't you have just sold it for a normal set like everybody else? You probably could have gotten one with a nice helmet that still hid your face. Why couldn't Haleen just have- His thoughts were interrupted by their employer nodding to a strange woman. He had noticed her of course, but like with most people he hadn't really bothered to really register her passed a preliminary 'balanced step, trained in combat' kind of way. Invisible to all, his brow furrowed slightly. She looked like him. Well...not exactly like him, obviously. But she was a foreigner like him. Possibly from the same region even. But unlike him she seemed...confident? What that the word? She certainly wasn't hiding herself like he was. Not that he could really call it 'hiding' when he still stuck out like a sore thumb.

He wasn't really sure how to feel about this. A part of him wished to try speaking with her. But what if she didn't see them as similar at all? After all, he had been raised in Katapesh. Would that not mean his demeanor would still ring of 'other' to her? Did he truly not belong anywhere?

No, you belong with your brother Lupe. And with Haleen. They accept you. He dragged his gaze back to Garavel as he asked about skills, trying to concentrate on the matters at hand. His mind whirred. How was he supposed to respond? Did he brag of his skills and risk coming off as arrogant? Or did he speak humbly and risk being deemed worthless and left behind? He had little skill with a camel. And he doubted dabbling in architecture or underground caverns would be that useful. And he was hardly the most skilled warrior there was.

...was he worthless? He hadn't been blessed with magic like his brother. No, don't think about that. Haleen isn't here to believe in you, and if you are to find her, you must believe in yourself in her stead. Taking a slow breath in through his nose, he spoke up, keeping his voice calm and even so as not to betray his uncertainty. "I have some modest skill in moving through the wilderness."


CN Kitsune Picaroon 1 | Panache 3/3 | AC 14, T 13, FF 11 | 11/11 hp | Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +1;| Init +3 | Percep +1 | Low-Light Vision | CMD 14

At the nod in her direction, Vulpina respectfully inclines her head back.

Of course, she had no workmen's skills. How very far beneath her it would be to assume such, even! No, her skills were in literature, in telling a lie that seemed more likely than the truth, in dancing between blades and twisting them away.

And, of course, firing her trusty pistol.

However, her attention is... elsewhere. Though it's hard to hide it. Surreptitious glances in Katsumi's direction would be too suspect; with the mask, she could not tell if he was looking back at her. She settled for even glances around the room, looking appraising...

...but the only one she's actively considering is him.

He looks just like him. The armor, at the least.

He would have a hard time tracking me, though.

I presume I have given him a limp, at any rate. If not worse.

She nearly forgets to speak up for herself, in fact. "Ah, yes, skills. I do all right on horseback, so I imagine a camel will be... similar." She isn't so sure, but at the very least, the principles will be the same. She was never so skilled a rider as her cousins... but never so bad as her aunt. "I am happy to take the first or last watch, as well."

She does not offer the fact that her eyes are better-attuned to dawn and dusk than a human's would be, of course.


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Scout/Thug)
miteke wrote:

Garvael arrives at the inn wherein a number of the party have already found entertainment - of sorts. He doesn't say much to anyone other than wave them to a seat until the entire group has assembled. Once everyone has arrived, Garavel explains his expectation of you during the trip.

"As you know, I have hired each of you, or purchased your services in the case of the slave, to explore and reclaim the outpost of Kelmarane. However, I expect you all to make yourselves useful in the mean time. I don't care much for slackers and I can always find a replacement if you displease me. You, on the other hand, would NOT like to find yourselves on your own out there."

Garavel does not seem to be sneering nor do you sense that he is on some kind of power trip. He delivers this with a passionless voice as if it should be obvious. Perhaps he has had to deal with 'slackers' before. As he delivers his ultimatum, you notice a few patrons at the inn shaking their heads in acknowledgement as if they have witnessed the results of someone ignoring it.

"But I did not hire you for your abilities as animal handlers or teamsters, and we will be travelling alone and not as part of a trade caravan, so all I ask is that you pitch in where you can. If you do not have any skills worth mentioning, you can always gather wood or stand watch. Gnolls are always an issue in these parts and there is a chance that you might start earning your pay early. I doubt it though. Gnolls are not stupid, at least not in that way. When they attack, they do so when they know they can win, though sometimes they can be wrong."

He gives a nod to the Lady Vulpina.

"The trip to Kelmarane will take about a week. By the end I have little doubt you will all have sore butts and a unique appreciation for camels. Perhaps not. Do any of you know how to ride a camel or have any skills you think might come in handy on our trip?"

Casper smirks as he thinks to himself, Well, isn't he just a true heel though? You'd never imagine my family had contributed financially to this little endeavor, and that his patron's sodality had found itself in a difficult way! But, I shall maintain the peace, and bide my time for an opportunity to... seek the greatest advantage."

He replies in a confident tone at the same time as these calculations unfold within Casper's quick mind,

"Well, Master Garavel, you shall find no quarrel with me -- the Cantours of Druma are descended from trappers and pelt traders, and these same noble arts have continued to be practiced by the heirs of our venerable and fondly remembered founder. In the course of my coming of age, I accompanied our agents on their wilderland journeys to acquire new stock. Rest assured, I am prepared to offer my utmost to our common cause."


female human arcanist 1 | HP 6/6; THP 0/4; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +0, R +2, W +2 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | Init +2 | Per +0 | Reservoir (6/7); Spells: 1-st (3/3)
Casper wrote:

The red-head gestured towards himself,

[/b]"I am Casper Cantour of Druma, a follower of the Prophecies of Kalistrade, making my way as well I can in this age of Lost Omens."

"Might I have the pleasure of your own preferred nomenclature?"[/b]

As Rahella ate her food and the red-headed man approached her Rahella looked up at him as he spoke. She listened to what he said, the flattery obvious but still made her blush, and she said, "You may call me Rahella, Mr Cantour." Her voice was much as it was before, quiet and seductive sounding. Being closer now it was possible to see that Rahella was of Osirian descent, something likely to cause her troubles in some parts of Katapesh.

When Rahella heard the hairy halfling call out about Garavel and get an answer from Sarona, Rahella said, "I am as well." She gestured to them and said, "Why don't you come over here then, we might might as well wait together."

When Garavel eventually arrived and began their meeting Rahella listened to what he had to say. She'd call the guy an ass for his threat but the way he said it didn't come across as one exactly so she decided it would be best to just let it go. As he asked what skills they brought to the table Rahella waited her turn to respond and then said, "I will do the best I can but am afraid most of my skills are more suited to ending threats to us. I can certainly gather firewood but beyond that am likely to prove rather unhelpful until we arrive at our destination." Her expression, neutral until now, frowned slightly, "It is fortunate that we aren't to be animal handlers, they don't care much for me."


Female Android Witch (Protection) 1|HP: 7/7|AC: 12/12/10|Saves: +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will (+4 vs. paralyze, poison, stun, mind-affecting)|Init: +2|Perc: +4

Slave.

The word causes the heat to return to Sarona's limbs, but she remains seated. Aaliyah hops into her lap and puts her head on the table.

"If you require alchemical expertise, I am more than capable of granting it. I am also familiar with the laws and customs of this region."

The fennec turns her head towards her master and lets out a little bark.

"...and I am familiar with the practice of magic as well." The tattooed woman adds with a moment's hesitation and a glance at the fox.

Discretion would have better served me.


female human arcanist 1 | HP 6/6; THP 0/4; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +0, R +2, W +2 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | Init +2 | Per +0 | Reservoir (6/7); Spells: 1-st (3/3)

Rahella's attention was caught when Sarona mentioned being a mage and she looked at the android woman curiously. "I too," she said, "am a mage. We'll have to discuss magical theory sometime."


Female Android Witch (Protection) 1|HP: 7/7|AC: 12/12/10|Saves: +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will (+4 vs. paralyze, poison, stun, mind-affecting)|Init: +2|Perc: +4

The android blinks once before turning her head towards the robed Rahella.

Discussion of magical theory. As peers?

The thought caused the heat to abate.

"It would perhaps be a productive use of our time." She nods in agreement.

The fennec rests her head back on the table with a suitably smug look.


AC:18 T:13 F:16| HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, | AC:16 T:12 F:14| HP 14/14 | CMD:14 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, |

Lupe watches in amazement as two obviously super smart super-powerful 'wizards' meet.

Quietly he says to no one in particular, "Wow. Wizards. I bet their magic is even better than mine."

Lupe looks on with wide-eyed amazement.


Female Android Witch (Protection) 1|HP: 7/7|AC: 12/12/10|Saves: +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will (+4 vs. paralyze, poison, stun, mind-affecting)|Init: +2|Perc: +4

The android looks down at Lupe.

"The veracity of that statement is questionable. I have no baseline of your magic for comparison."


AC:18 T:13 F:16| HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, | AC:16 T:12 F:14| HP 14/14 | CMD:14 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, |

"Yes?"

Not really understanding what the strange woman means Lupe blinks and cast guidance on her.

"Does that help?"


Female Android Witch (Protection) 1|HP: 7/7|AC: 12/12/10|Saves: +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will (+4 vs. paralyze, poison, stun, mind-affecting)|Init: +2|Perc: +4

Sarona pauses, watching Lupe's gestures and listening to his incantation.

Spellcraft *Guidance*: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18

She blinks once the magic takes hold. "A guidance spell. A basic cantrip for most practitioners of magic. Except it is of divine origin, more befitting of a cleric or druid."

The android looks down at Lupe again. "I believe your field of expertise will be of great importance for our mission."


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Scout/Thug)
Rahella wrote:
Casper wrote:

The red-head gestured towards himself,

[/b]"I am Casper Cantour of Druma, a follower of the Prophecies of Kalistrade, making my way as well I can in this age of Lost Omens."

"Might I have the pleasure of your own preferred nomenclature?"[/b]

As Rahella ate her food and the red-headed man approached her Rahella looked up at him as he spoke. She listened to what he said, the flattery obvious but still made her blush, and she said, "You may call me Rahella, Mr Cantour." Her voice was much as it was before, quiet and seductive sounding. Being closer now it was possible to see that Rahella was of Osirian descent, something likely to cause her troubles in some parts of Katapesh.

When Rahella heard the hairy halfling call out about Garavel and get an answer from Sarona, Rahella said, "I am as well." She gestured to them and said, "Why don't you come over here then, we might might as well wait together."

When Garavel eventually arrived and began their meeting Rahella listened to what he had to say. She'd call the guy an ass for his threat but the way he said it didn't come across as one exactly so she decided it would be best to just let it go. As he asked what skills they brought to the table Rahella waited her turn to respond and then said, "I will do the best I can but am afraid most of my skills are more suited to ending threats to us. I can certainly gather firewood but beyond that am likely to prove rather unhelpful until we arrive at our destination." Her expression, neutral until now, frowned slightly, "It is fortunate that we aren't to be animal handlers, they don't care much for me."

The gregarious ginger nods politely across the table in the direction of the veiled lady,

"Well met then, Lady Rahella -- if I might beg upon your attention a further question regarding your origins, considering that I have already revealed my own in the northwards territory of Druma?"


AC:18 T:13 F:16| HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, | AC:16 T:12 F:14| HP 14/14 | CMD:14 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, |

Lupe responds to Sarona, "The priest in town taught me the word Or-EE-son (Orisons)." he says slowly dragging out each syllable.


Female Android Witch (Protection) 1|HP: 7/7|AC: 12/12/10|Saves: +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will (+4 vs. paralyze, poison, stun, mind-affecting)|Init: +2|Perc: +4

Sarona pauses, then nods.

"Yes. That is the most appropriate term."

"To whom have you pledged your faith?"


female human arcanist 1 | HP 6/6; THP 0/4; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +0, R +2, W +2 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | Init +2 | Per +0 | Reservoir (6/7); Spells: 1-st (3/3)

{quote=Casper]The gregarious ginger nods politely across the table in the direction of the veiled lady,

"Well met then, Lady Rahella -- if I might beg upon your attention a further question regarding your origins, considering that I have already revealed my own in the northwards territory of Druma?"

Rahella gave the man a slight smile and then said, "My Mother was an Osirian slave, my father was a Twilight Sage of Geb. I grew up in his home and learned my magic from him." She watched him carefully as she aasked, "Care to guess what my magical specialty is?"

Wizards Discussion
Rahella shook her head slightly to Lupe when he called her a wizard and said, "No, I am not a wizard, nor a sorceress, I," she gestured at herself, "Am a Twilight Sage, a type of arcanist. You see I mix the disciplines of wizardry and sorcery and people of both specialties call me a cheater in their envy at what I can do and they can't."

Spellcraft *Guidace*: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
As Lupe demonstrated his magic Rahella listened to him and nodded in agreement with Sarona, "Yes, an orison and one that is often quite helpful." Truthfully she knew it was a divine spell but but beyond that she had no clue since Rahella never studied any divine magic, still she could accept that the witch new what she was talking about and not make a fuss over it.


Female Android Witch (Protection) 1|HP: 7/7|AC: 12/12/10|Saves: +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will (+4 vs. paralyze, poison, stun, mind-affecting)|Init: +2|Perc: +4
Rahella wrote:
"You see I mix the disciplines of wizardry and sorcery and people of both specialties call me a cheater in their envy at what I can do and they can't."

This time, Sarona's eyes widen and she tilts her head at Rahella.

Knowledge (Arcana?): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

"...I was not aware it was possible for both sorcery and wizardry to be integrated into a single discipline."


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Scout/Thug)
Rahella wrote:

{quote=Casper]The gregarious ginger nods politely across the table in the direction of the veiled lady,

"Well met then, Lady Rahella -- if I might beg upon your attention a further question regarding your origins, considering that I have already revealed my own in the northwards territory of Druma?"

Rahella gave the man a slight smile and then said, "My Mother was an Osirian slave, my father was a Twilight Sage of Geb. I grew up in his home and learned my magic from him." She watched him carefully as she aasked, "Care to guess what my magical specialty is?"

Wizards Discussion
Rahella shook her head slightly to Lupe when he called her a wizard and said, "No, I am not a wizard, nor a sorceress, I," she gestured at herself, "Am a Twilight Sage, a type of arcanist. You see I mix the disciplines of wizardry and sorcery and people of both specialties call me a cheater in their envy at what I can do and they can't."

[dice=Spellcraft *Guidace*]1d20+7
As Lupe demonstrated his magic Rahella listened to him and nodded in agreement with Sarona, "Yes, an orison and one that is often quite helpful." Truthfully she knew it was a divine spell but but beyond that she had no clue since Rahella never studied any divine magic, still she could accept that the witch new what she was talking about and not make a fuss over it.

Casper makes a close-lipped smile and effects a knowing expression,

"Hm... Geb... not the most hospitable of locales, or so I've heard... you must be a very capable soul! I am glad to have your acquaintance on this mysterious journey of ours into the gods-forsaken midst of the Katapeshian wastes!"


AC:18 T:13 F:16| HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, | AC:16 T:12 F:14| HP 14/14 | CMD:14 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, |

First in response to Sarona, "Do you mean who gives me my knightly powers? I don't really know. I have this wing sword symbol I found and I go to church but I don't know much more than that. The priest from the church said I may have to go 'out into the world' and find my faith. But that is confusing you can't go out of and into something especially not the world you're alway on the world."

Lupe looks confused by the description of an arcanist, "So, you are half a wizard?" he asks. "If that is true then my guess was twice as right compared to my usual guess."


Garavel watches you all with interest, his mind churning as he takes not of the interactions and weighing whether the group will make a good team, though he makes no comment. When the conversations wind down he excuses himself and retires to his room to get some rest, but not before announcing, "Be ready to go tomorrow at dawn, here in this room. If you are able to make yourself useful, you can join me in the stables before then while I get the camels ready for the trip."

Garavel rises about an hour before dawn. The gear is already expertly packed and need only be secured to the pack camels. The riding camels, of course, are saddled and there is a camel for everyone (well, those that are two-footed at any rate) to ride.


AC:18 T:13 F:16| HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, | AC:16 T:12 F:14| HP 14/14 | CMD:14 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, |

Lupe is there ready to go 30min early he surely made so much noise getting ready to wake the neighbours.

"Sword, shield, spear...er..ug armour. Backpack packed from the night before."

Once Garavel arrives Lupe offers to help.


Are you accompanied by your wolf? Make an animal handling roll to calm the camels if so. Wild empathy won't help you as much with this one. You may be able to get the camels to like you with wild empathy, but not your wolf. Though I will allow you to use animal handling untrained because of the wild empathy. As long as your wolf acts like a nice dog (no insult intended) the camels won't be too hard to calm. I give it a DC 7 and you can keep the camels from freaking.

And make a relevant roll to see how helpful you are. depending on how you help.


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Scout/Thug)

Casper smirks as he exits the main entrance of the Shade of the Dawn Inn, brushing aside the curtain of lightly clinking beads with a assured gesture of his white-gloved hand.

Just as he'd suspected, Raheem had once again sought out Casper's bed chamber, even after his embarrassment before Mistress Rahella the earlier in the night. Of course, the ginger was already done with him, and slammed the door in the youth's face without so much as a rude reply -- better to make these things clear, after all.

He wiped his hands together in a gesture of cleansing and satisfaction. Casper almost always got want he wanted, and then got going.

He noted the arrival of the Major Domo and the travelers from the previous evening -- well, if this isn't the motley crew? I suppose I'll just have to make the best of it, won't I... and if not... well, my esteemed fore-bearer was famous for profiting from such unfortunate circumstances, was he not, and do I not believe myself his equal?"


AC:18 T:13 F:16| HP 11/11 | CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, | AC:16 T:12 F:14| HP 14/14 | CMD:14 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+2 | Perc: +6/8, |

Lupe would not bring Wolf in immediately. He would help for a while then do a careful introduction.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

I moved the skill point from stealth to Handle animal as is actually needed to use an animal companion. Silly oversight on my part.


M Human (Tian-Min) Fighter 1 (HP 10/13 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | F 4 R 4 W 0 | Init +4 | Percept 1)

Katsumi stood and listened to his traveling companions, silently apprising each of them. Though he had a feeling he would get along with some better than others, he did his best to reserve judgement. After all, first impressions weren't always correct. So for now, he mostly listened in to Lupe's conversation, making sure the women he was conversing with weren't trying to take advantage of his good-natured spirit.

Still, his attention kept getting drawn to Tian-Min woman. Was he mistaken or was she looking at him? If so, what did that mean? Should he go over there and talk to her? What would he say? Hello, what brings a foreigner like you to a tavern like this? No, that was dumb, she was here for the same reason he was: this expedition to Kelmarane. I can't help noticing that you are a foreigner like me. Have you been subject to the same harassment the locals have shown me? That would just make him sound weak. Or whiny. Or both. Nice weather, don't you think? ...ok, that one didn't even deserve a comment.

Just go over there and *introduce* yourself.

But..was he supposed to do that in Taldane? Or in Tien or Minkaian? What if he chose wrong an offended her? If she had been in Katapesh from birth, she might not even speak Tien or Minkaian. But if he spoke to her in Taldane, was he saying that she was 外人? No wait! Go with Taldane and if it comes up, it was because you thought it would be rude to speak something else when surrounded by people who most likely didn't know the tongue! Perfect!

Of course, as soon as he had come up with his plan, Garavel was interrupting and throwing him completely off. Thinking better of his course of action, he instead headed to his own room to retire for the night; he wanted to make sure he could wake up early to help out. Besides, he said the journey was a week long. That's plenty of time to try talking to her! ...probably.

*****

The next morning Katsumi woke up an hour before dawn. He had already packed most of his things neatly the night before, so all that was left was to clean his face and teeth and change into his armor. That still left nearly the full hour to help packing the camels. He didn't worry about making sure Lupe was up on time. He knew his brother's excitement would have him up about as early, eager and ready to head out on adventure.

Once at the stable, he carefully went through each of the saddlebags, making sure that they were properly distributed so that each camel held the resources their rider would need. It wouldn't do to put, for example, all their food on a single creature only to risk losing their entire supply should something happen to the beast. Let's see, Lupe has Wolf, so I'll need to make sure his camel has some extra meat. The woman with the fox will likewise need some extra protein, though perhaps not as much. What else...? He hummed softly as he worked, enjoying the act of helping out. He similarly enjoyed the quiet company of the animals.

Trying to help out via survival/knowing how much of various supplies each person will need per day
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


female human arcanist 1 | HP 6/6; THP 0/4; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +0, R +2, W +2 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | Init +2 | Per +0 | Reservoir (6/7); Spells: 1-st (3/3)

With their employer cutting the conversation off for the time being Rahella retired to her room for the night. She slept well and awoke again early the next morning so she could prepare her spells for the day. As she studied she cast each spell stopping at the pre-described point to srcibe it within her mind and then set the trigger words as always. She never could fully explain to a wizard or a sorcerer how she did what she did, they neither had all of the information to understand the process, and she gave up trying long ago. As she prepped her magics she could feel her body taken in the latent magic in the world around her and fill her reservoir near to full.

When she was done Rahella removed her clothes and took the body stocking off before re-dressing again. She folded the stocking carefully and then put that part of her garment away in her pack as well as her spell book. Everything together and ready Rahella shouldered her pack and went downstairs for breakfast. She didn't help with the camels, she knew that wouldn't end well for anyone, and instead focused on eating and watching for trouble until the others appeared and gestured for them to join her.


Female Android Witch (Protection) 1|HP: 7/7|AC: 12/12/10|Saves: +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will (+4 vs. paralyze, poison, stun, mind-affecting)|Init: +2|Perc: +4

Sarona arrives the next morning, looking a bit more rested and more stony than last night. Her fennec is darting around her, looking far more energetic than her master. The tattooed woman is clad in a set of white cloth robes and a headwrap designed to keep the sun off her skin and her sweat from evaporating.

"I am prepared."


CN Kitsune Picaroon 1 | Panache 3/3 | AC 14, T 13, FF 11 | 11/11 hp | Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +1;| Init +3 | Percep +1 | Low-Light Vision | CMD 14

At the dismissal of their first meeting, Lady Vulpina excuses herself fairly quickly—and Katsumi is left without a chance to approach her.

Of course, her departure has more to do with making preparations than it does a lack of sociability!

Marking it here in case I forget to put it on my character sheet: Vulpina will purchase a second waterskin and one week of rations, as well as a hot weather outfit.

The next day, she arrives with an easy smile at the rest of the group, pretty much right on time. She picks a camel fairly quickly and takes a moment to bond with it—though really she’s checking over it’s hump geometry to try to account for how she should ride.

Seeing the fennec, she offers a small smile. ”Do they have a name?” she asks its master, gesturing broadly to the small fox.


Female Android Witch (Protection) 1|HP: 7/7|AC: 12/12/10|Saves: +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will (+4 vs. paralyze, poison, stun, mind-affecting)|Init: +2|Perc: +4

"Her name is Aaliyah." The android looks down at her fennec before walking over to a camel.

"She is very affectionate."


Male Human Unchained Rogue (Scout/Thug)
Sarona wrote:

Sarona arrives the next morning, looking a bit more rested and more stony than last night. Her fennec is darting around her, looking far more energetic than her master. The tattooed woman is clad in a set of white cloth robes and a headwrap designed to keep the sun off her skin and her sweat from evaporating.

"I am prepared."

Casper regards the white-clad woman with interest. He raises his own hands, demonstratively, calling attention to the white gloves which cover the pale skin of the ginger's digits. Casper gestures towards his white garments and the striking tone of his hair.

"I had taken note of you, lady, the previous evening, as likewise of our striking similarities, but had not yet had the pleasure of making a proper introduction of my person. I am Casper of the Clan of Cantour of the Kalistocracy of Druma -- and I would tell you that, if you keep wearing this color, others will doubtless assume that you, as well as I, are a follower of the venerable Prophecies which guide my homeland."


Female Android Witch (Protection) 1|HP: 7/7|AC: 12/12/10|Saves: +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will (+4 vs. paralyze, poison, stun, mind-affecting)|Init: +2|Perc: +4

Knowledge (Local): Druma: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Sarona remembered the nation of Druma all too well. She could still remember the displayed wealth of Kerse--the golden-coloured columns of the Guilded Vault Opulent and its marble halls, the gemstones embedded in the brickwork...

...the undercurrent of greed and treachery in its courts. The blatant, self-assured air of superiority of her old master.

The memory causes heat to flood into her limbs again. And the man before her, waving his white-gloved hands about and (perhaps) trying to build a rapport with her is standing a little too close for her.

She fixes Casper with a stony look and rolls up one of her robe's sleeves, revealing the blue line tattoos running down her arm and interlacing with her fingers. "Followers of the Prophecies are forbidden to bear tattoos. So I suspect any misconceptions will be swiftly corrected."

"But if you are truly concerned with potential cases of mistaken identity, perhaps you should change your clothes."


CN Kitsune Picaroon 1 | Panache 3/3 | AC 14, T 13, FF 11 | 11/11 hp | Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +1;| Init +3 | Percep +1 | Low-Light Vision | CMD 14

Vulpina smiles, reaching into her pouch and retrieving a small piece of dried rabbit to offer the small creature.

Today she is dressed in more desert-appropriate attire: lots of loose, flowing clothing to keep the heat off her skin without trapping her own.

"Aaliyah-- such a pretty name!" she says with a small grin. Regardless of whether the fennec takes the piece or not, she turns back to her camel after a moment if only not to double up on Sarona's player ;).


female human arcanist 1 | HP 6/6; THP 0/4; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +0, R +2, W +2 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | Init +2 | Per +0 | Reservoir (6/7); Spells: 1-st (3/3)

As they all gathered after breakfast by the camals to prepare to leave Rahella went out to meet her camel. She eyed the creature warily as it glared at her, likely sensing the taint of undeath ingrained upon her by her homeland and her magic, The creature continued to glare at her and she took a chance, holding a piece of fruit out she'd kept from her breakfast for it as a peace offering.
Cha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Can't do a handle animal, not trained.
Fortunately it seemed the creature was pleased with her offering as it snatched the treat up and turned it's head from her. Rahella took the opportunity to climb up onto her saddle while she could and looked to see if the others were ready as well. "I think I am as ready as I will ever be." She had a thought and asked, "Do the camels have names?"


Female Android Witch (Protection) 1|HP: 7/7|AC: 12/12/10|Saves: +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will (+4 vs. paralyze, poison, stun, mind-affecting)|Init: +2|Perc: +4

Aaliyah races up to Vulpina and snatches the piece of dried rabbit out of her hand, greedily chewing and swallowing it.

1 to 50 of 486 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Miteke's Legacy of Fire Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.