[PFS] Your Out of Ⓐ

Game Master Yours is mined

Pezzack Map


151 to 200 of 470 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Team Lucky:

I think when Korum says The Inkwell he means the Manukirt Trading Co Warehouse, where Emmy’s performance is being held.

As Team Lucky heads upstairs in search of the elusive Room 8A, a number of Auntie’s patrons give you a knowing *wink* and smile.

A knock at Phelerosa’s door elicits a cheerful/time-stressed. “Come in!”

As you enter the rather untidy bedsit you find your hostess is decent but still fussing with her hair and makeup. The woman closes the unlocked door behind you before heading for a back room out of sight.

“Sorry about the mess. Just park yourselves wherever there’s an empty space.”

An enormous unmade bed dominates the room, strewn with an assortment of women's clothing and care products. It features a stuffed Red Devil stitched with the words HOT STUFF

Last call for the Dark Archivists!


Team Stinky:

While Kala wrestles with her conscience, an unruly mob of drunks — perhaps 20 strong — wielding billy clubs, and chanting uncomplimentary slogans about Queen Abrogail in Galtan, turn the corner heading north directly towards Agirran, who is currently striding south past the Hellknight Shopfront.

Bonnifer Zoot barely has time to cast a disappointed look Kala’s way before she turns tail and RUNS northward away from the mob.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5, Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 4/8 2nd 4/4 | Natural Divination: 1/2 | Active conditions: None

Team Lucky:
Luli’s plan right now is to get Phelerosa to follow us out of the building, which she seems eager enough to do for the goods offered. Once outside, Luli plans to ask if she wants to leave the war-torn city with the Pathfinders when they go. She seems like she’d jump on that opportunity, but perhaps I’m misreading her. :-D

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 24/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (*+2 AC)

Team Stinky:
Kala is so busy guiltily avoiding looking at the gnome that she doesn't notice Bonnifer's left the scene. Which really is a pity, since she probably knows the area well enough to escape this mob in a way that the Pathfinders don't. "Uh, Agirran... We gotta get outta here. Looks like it's join or die up ahead."

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 35/38 | AC 16 {20}, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Team Stinky:
Agirran becomes aware of the crowd, but doesn't seem to pay it much mind yet. Instead he spins to address Kala, looking fierce.

"Listen kid, if you're just going to make a runnin' commentary of the obvious, do it somewhere else. It ain't helping." He says sharply. "We've been seen, so running ain't gonna help either. It would just be an incentive for them to chase us."

This (and other actions) might depend upon how far away the mob is.


Team Stinky:

♫ Asmodée save the queen
She's not a human being
And there's no future
And Pezzack's dreaming ♫

♫ Don't be told what you want
Don't be told what you need
There's no future
No future
No future for you ♫

Now less than 100 feet from Team Stinky, the mob calls out to you raising billy clubs, along with empty cups and goblets.

“Barbares! Barbares! Barbares! Du vin? Du vin? Du vin?”

Team Stinky:

"Barbarians! Have you wine?"

In Pathfinder, Galtan is technically a dialect of the Common tongue.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 24/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (*+2 AC)

Team Stinky:

Agirran wrote:
"Listen kid, if you're just going to make a runnin' commentary of the obvious, do it somewhere else. It ain't helping." He says sharply. "We've been seen, so running ain't gonna help either. It would just be an incentive for them to chase us."

Kala feels like she's been slapped in the face. She stops in her tracks and stares at him with an indignant and deeply hurt expression flashing across her face before it settles into a stony mask with smoldering, sullen eyes. How dare he dress her down like Grandmother or Father? He's almost a complete stranger! Fine. If he thinks he's so wise and smart, let him deal with the angry mob. She doesn't respond to the mob's shouts, instead silently trailing Agirran by about 10 feet. "Stinky, heel."

Handle Animal Companion DC 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

Team Stinky:
Stinky has been blithely following after Kala all this time, wandering off a few feet here and there to investigate interesting smells. The scents coming off Kala sure have been interesting today. Lots of insecurity mostly, and it's been making her sweat. But the scents rolling off her after the last thing the man with her said... Oh, man. Stinky doesn't remember her ever smelling like that before. It's the most intense negative feeling-smell he's ever gotten off of her. Whatever that guy said, it was bad! A low growl rises in Stinky's throat as he maneuvers to place himself between her and the man, who is walking toward an approaching group of angry-sounding men who might also be a threat to his Kala. Teeth bared, Stinky paces forward, keeping Kala right behind him. Don't worry, Kala. I'll always protect you.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 24/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (*+2 AC)

Team Stinky:

Despite her storm of emotions, Kala can't help but be slightly heartened by the sight of her small wolverine trying to protect her from the mob. Or maybe from Agirran. A small part inside her warms and smiles at Stinky, while another part immediately starts worrying that he's going to get beaten to a bloody pulp soon. She keeps her eyes up, assessing the situation's development and keeping 10 feet back from Agirran.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Do the Galtans look like they're going to attack? With that roll, who knows?


Team Stinky:
1d20 ⇒ 13

OOH LA LA!

The mob clearly interprets the Pathfinder disagreement as a lover’s tiff.

“Forget grand-père, Monsieur Wolvie. Tu est too bon pour him, n’est ce pas?”

They laugh and call to Kala. “Mademoiselle Barbare!”

“Is votre brave Beast too heart-broken to do some tricks pour us?”

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 24/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (*+2 AC)

Team Stinky:

Uhh what...the heck? The Galtans' accent is thick enough that Kala has a hard time understanding them. As in, she gets about two words in three. They want Stinky to do a trick maybe? Ooookaaaaay... "Uhh, sure." She digs a torch out of her pack and shows it to Stinky, backing up as she speaks.

"Here boy! Do you want the stick? Huh? Do you? Do you want it? Yeah! You want the stick!" She tosses it just hard enough to thump annoyingly on Agirran's backside. "Fetch!"

Throw torch passive-aggressively at Agirran's butt, nonlethal: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12
Don't know if this applies here, but Kala has the Bludgeoner feat, allowing her to deal nonlethal damage with a lethal weapon w/o an attack penalty. This roll includes the penalty for an improvized weapon.

Handle Animal DC 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

Team Stinky:

Hearing Kala say his name in a forced playful tone, Stinky is confused. Wasn't she upset a moment ago? He turns to look at her, and spots...The Stick! Oh boy! A stick! Yes! I do want the stick! I so want the stick! (Think Dug begging for the ball in Pixar's "Up".)

As soon as Kala lets it fly he's off like an ugly racehorse. He careens into Agirran in the effort to catch the torch before it touches the ground, almost succeeding. Nabbing the end of it in his jaws, he shakes dirt from the street off his coat (and onto Agirran) and trots back to Kala triumphantly, his head tilting to one side with the weight of the unbalanced torch. Ha ha! I got it! I got the stick! Throw it again, Kala! Throw it again!


Team Stinky:

No damage to Agirran, per the PFS no PvP rules

🎊 BIEN JOUÉ! VIVE MONSIEUR WOLVIE! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY 🎊

Kala gets the impression she and Stinky have got off to a fine start with the mob, but as they crowd around Team Stinky, it’s clear they want more …

“Que voulons-nous? What do we want?”

“TELL US A STORY!”
“LE RÉCIT!”
“TELL US A STORY!”
“LE RÉCIT!”

♫ LE CHANT!
SING US A SONG!
LE CHANT!
SING US A SONG! ♫

“Et du vin!”

ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ!

Roleplay/FILK-playing a punchy/funny story or song that would appeal to a drunken Galtan mob is more important than dice rolls.

Supplying liquor will also improve their attitude.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5, Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 4/8 2nd 4/4 | Natural Divination: 1/2 | Active conditions: None

Team Lucky:
"So, have you lived in Pezzack long?" Luli asks as the Pathfinders stand awkwardly in Phelerosa’s room. "Do you have family here?"

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 24/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (*+2 AC)

Team Stinky:

Well, I don't have any alcohol on me, and even if I did it wouldn't be enough.

Thinking frantically, Kala remembers a song she heard in a bar once. She takes a solid pose and a deep breath, then belts out in a rough voice:

"High atop a lonely moor, a Widow lived alone.
An Inn she kept, and as she slept,
her pillow heard her moan:
“Oh, many’s the lonely traveler
has spent the night with me,
but there’s no a man in all creation
gives content to me!

“Well, some can manage once or twice,
and some make three or four;
but it seems to me a rarity
is the man who can do more.
I’d do anything to find him,
in Heaven or in Hell.”
And as she spoke these words,
sure, she heard her front door bell.

* And the wind blew cold and lonely
across that Widow’s moor,
and she never, ever turned away
a traveller from the door.

So boldly ran the Widow,
and the door did open wide,
and as she did, a tall and handsome
stranger stepped inside.
Well, she gave him bread and brandy,
and when that he was fed,
he said, “My dear, now have no fear;
it’s time to come to bed.

“For I’ve heard your plea
right down below,
and I’ve come to see you right.
But you must come to Hell with me
if I can last the night.”
She said, “You randy Devil!
To this bargain I’ll agree,
for Hell on Earth, or Hell in Hell,
it’s all the same to me!”

Now, as they tumbled in the bed,
the Devil, he proved well…
and he thought before the night would end
that she’d be in his Hell.
Ah, but when they came to number nine,
the Widow cried out, “More!”
And when the twelfth time came around,
the Widow cried, “Encore!”

At twenty-five the Devil
felt compelled to take a rest,
but the Widow cried,
“Come raise your head,
and put me to the test!”
At sixty-nine, the Widow laughed.
“Again! Again!” she cried,
and the Devil said,
“Well, I can see just how your husband died!”

At ninety-nine, the Devil
he began to wail and weep.
He said, “I’ll give you anything,
if you’ll let me go to sleep!”
But before the morning light was up,
the Devil hobbled home,
and the Widow, still not satisfied,
once more was left alone.

She lay there on her pillow
and she thought on ninety-nine.
“It’s a pity that poor old Devil
couldn’t manage one more time!
I’ll call him up again tonight
to see what can be done –
with a little more application,
we could make it to the ton!”

But when she called to him that night,
no Devil did appear.
For the first time in Eternity,
the Devil, he shook with fear.
He said, “Of all the torments
I’ve witnessed here in Hell,
I never knew what pain was,
’til I rang your front door bell!”"

The Widow and the Devil; Lyrics and music Mick Ryan, Original song name “The Widow’s Promise”

THAT oughta entertain them! The whole time, she pointedly avoids looking at Agirran the Grouch. Once she finishes, she takes a sweeping bow, and notices that Stinky has been chewing on the end of her torch the entire time. She debates giving it up for a loss, but instead takes the other end of it and begins a game of tug of war with him.

"Come on now. Give it back. Let go, boy!" Of course, he doesn't listen. Suddenly, her face lights up with a mischievous grin. She looks off to the side and shouts: "Squirrel!"

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

Team Stinky:

Squirrel? Where? Where is it? Stinky jerks his head around to look where Kala's looking. He doesn't see anything right away, but is so intent on finding that gosh darned squirrel that he doesn't realize he's lost his grip on the torch. I don't see it. Or smell it. Did it get away, Kala? Shucks. What a bummer. I wanted to shake a squirrel.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 24/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (*+2 AC)

Team Stinky:

As soon as Stinky drops the torch, Kala holds it up triumphantly. "Aha! ...Eewww." There's way too much slobber on it to put it back in her pack, but if she keeps it out, Stinky'll see it and want to play again. With a disgusted grunt, she shoves the slobbery mess into her pack just in time.

Silver Crusade

AC 22 T 15(19 incorp touch) FF 17| HP 41/48 | F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2 Human (varisian)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-2/3 1-2/5
Spells Active:

Team Lucky:

Rowena abstains from a seat at the moment, instead casually wandering about the room and taking in the decor. "Oh my gods, this stuffie is just adorbs! Where did you get it?"


Team Lucky:

“That’s Lil’ Nicky, Ms Rowena. Here … CATCH!”

Phelerosa tosses the red plushy to the vigilante, like a pick-pocket unloading a fake baby on a mark.

1d20 ⇒ 15

Reflex DC 8 for Rowena to catch Lil’ Nicky

“Grimy Rick might have given him to me … But I really don’t recall.”

“Anyway, at least Lil’ Nicky keeps all the secrets I give him.”

Phelerosa moves to take Conig’s right arm and Luli’s left. “I’m ready to go when you are, gang. If we leave now we should be on time.”


Team Stinky:

Initially, there is little change to the mob’s behavior. Wine is sculled, fists fly and the shuttered Hellknight Shopfront is broken into and set alight.

However, by the third stanza, an eerie silence blankets the revellers. Kala can see them leaning forward to hear her better, as the fire *crackles* in the background.

By the fifth, they are belting clubs against gates, cups, noggins … whatever is handy … in time with the hunter’s cadence.

At the conclusion, with the shop fire burning merrily there is a spontaneous eruption of CHEERING and ♫ WHISTLING ♫

🎊 Trois acclamations à Mademoiselle Barbare! HIP-RAY! HIP-RAY! HIP-RAAAAAAAY! 🎊

Kala wrote:
"Squirrel!"

“Qu'est-ce qu'un ‘squir-rel?’”

“C'est un écureuil.”

“Aaaaah.”

After they see Stinky’s reaction to the word squirrel, a few wags in the crowd try to copy Kala:

“Monsieur Stink-ee, SQUIR-REL!”

“Lapin!”

“Chat!”

“Loy-al-eest!”

As the crowd enjoys these and their regular amusements, a muscular Galtan wearing a kerchief across his face approaches Kala and bows.

“Mademoiselle, je suis the Gray Gardener, Habar Curl. Es-tu attending Monsieur Winner’s performance à midi?”

“It would be my enchanté to escort votre groupe au concert. Répondez 'oui' s'il vous plaît.”

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 24/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (*+2 AC)

Team Stinky:

This time Kala tracks the words and phrases she understands: "Gray Gardener, Habar Curl, attending Winner's performance, It would be my, escort, group, concert." Um... Her mind spins frantically as she figures out how to respond. She knows that Agirran would want to ditch these guys, but he clearly doesn't know where this thing is happening, and these guys do. Plus he's a jerk. A sullen, stubborn rebelliousness rises within her. She gives Habar Curl a cocky half-grin as she extends her hand to shake his. (She almost crushes his hand without realizing it.) "Great! Hope you don't mind, but I gotta bring along 'Old Uncle' over there. We're planning on meeting up with some folks at the performance. Hey, before we go, whaddya think of dousing that fire? It'd be a pain if it spreads."

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 15

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 35/38 | AC 16 {20}, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Team Stinky:
While all that is going on, Agirran grabs a likely Galtan, and shakes hands--hard. All while speaking in the nice and friendly tones of a professional leg-breaker.

"Nice riot you got here, guy. Say you wouldn't know where [insert name of place we are supposed to be at here], would you?"

Intimidate (influence with bone crushing handshake): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

If he can get him away from the crowd and out of site with the promise of some actual not-dog meat, he will.


Team Stinky:

Kala wrote:
"Great! Hope you don't mind, but I gotta bring along 'Old Uncle' over there. We're planning on meeting up with some folks at the performance.”

“Oui, bien sûr mademoiselle.”

Habar gives a low ♫ whistle ♫ and waves his arm to his followers. “It would be my pleasure to deliver vous de tes amis.”

Kala wrote:
“Hey, before we go, whaddya think of dousing that fire?”

“I would not worry, mademoiselle. It is not like vous ou votre oncle will get the blame.”

Agirran crushed a man's hand and wrote:
“Say you wouldn't know where the Manukirt Trading Co. Warehouse is would you?”

The wiry, pock-marked Galtan wrings his Fury-shaken hand. “Oui monsieur.”

The thug gives Agirran a look to suggest the viking would be unwise to turn his back to him. “Nous shall follow the Gray Gardener et votre ‘nièce.’”


“So where did you all come from originally? And why choose Pezzack?”

The thirty-something brunette clinging to Conig and Luli’s arms chats amiably as she leads you through the gathering stream of fans heading for the concert.

She stops you before a small stage set directly outside the unmarked warehouse where you all enjoyed a belated noodle breakfast with Old Madge just hours ago.

“WHOA! Check it out! The Galtans are coming.”

She points to a rabid mob closing in on the stage, led by a tall, muscular Mammoth Realms huntress, accompanied by a tired wolverine.

Perception DC 11:
You spy Agirran in fine spirits at the back of the mob, like he’s just injured someone.


Emmy Winner shows up in front of the warehouse on time and begins a solo performance of Tybalt’s part in Gnomeo and Juliet.

The crowd soon gets bored with the single character’s lines, which are incomprehensible outside the context of the entire play.

The broad-shouldered Galtan who escorted Kala and Stinky to the concert, nudges Korum. “I detested the Bard à l'école. Let’s kick that fool’s derrière, mon amie.”

As the crowd BOOS him, Olandil raises a eucalypt rod carved to look like a human arm clutching a dark crystal. Light flashes out from the gemstone in all directions as the actor declares, “A plague on all your Houses!”

"Today, I shed light upon one of Pezzack’s greatest secrets. Emmy Winner, Grimy Rick and the Guv’nor, men you trust as members of your own faction are one man – Amalia Wraxton’s lover - the Printsmith! All your secrets are laid bare to Pezzack’s greatest journalist, soon for the entire city to see!"

"PANIC! PANIC AND REGROUP! Pay no attention to outside affairs!"

You may roll a DC 27 Spellcraft check.

He gestures emphatically as he speaks, but his gestures do not match his words. Instead, they are a series of Pathfinder hand signs.

Follow me … into building ... secret passage … underground

Pandemonium erupts and opposing factions take the opportunity to settle a few scores with their rivals, allowing the Pathfinders time to grab a stunned Phelerosa and decide their course of action.

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 18/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig is momentarily startled but catches the hand signals. Come dear, let's find refuge from the scuffle. He ushers Phelerosa into the indicated building.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 22 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

I'll be damned, he's still alive.

Seeing the obvious Pathfinder signaling, Whoa now! Is he? Korum nods toward the man as he gathers the others to peruse.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 24/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (*+2 AC)

Team Stinky:

Leaving the fire going is definitely NOT what Kala wants to do, but she believes there's no way for her (HER, mind you) to convince this mob to douse the flames they set. She shrugs noncommittally and turns to follow Habar, hoping none of the men see the conflicted expression she is trying to banish from her face.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Kala doesn't know whether to be disgusted or amused by Agirran's expression. What'd he do and why'd he do it? ... Whatever. She spots some of her team mates across the way, and waves to get their attention.

Then she settles in to see the performance, but cannot follow what the heck is going on. She's never been a theater type, and this is not convincing her to change that in the least. But the rod with the crystal and the dramatic shouting associated with it catch her attention. Finally! Recognizing the hand signals, Kala beckons to Stinky: "Stinky, heel!" and bolts in random directions for a bit, narrowly avoiding various pockets of (potentially violent) chaos, before dashing into the building indicated by Olandil. Hope no one follows me!

Handle Animal Companion DC 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 35/38 | AC 16 {20}, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Yours is mined wrote:
Pandemonium erupts and opposing factions take the opportunity to settle a few scores with their rivals, allowing the Pathfinders time to grab a stunned Phelerosa and decide their course of action.

Grab who? I thought that was a Trump thing.

"And this is why I wanted to get here 5 hours ago...." Growls Agirran through grinding, gritted teeth.

Cursing like the sailor he is, he forces his way through the crowd in an attempt to grab hold, or at least get and keep eyes on Olandil. He'll have some rat hole around here to scurry into. Where's that halfling with the dog when you need him?


Please check your positions on the map, which is also linked in my header & at the top of the page.

The dank tunnels reek of putrid seawater that oozes from the stone ceiling and leaves the walls coated with a wet sheen. A few fresh torches suggest the derelict tunnel is still in use.

You can hear a rapid clomp-clomp sound coming from somewhere to the west.

Survival DC 15:
It’s the sound of a bipedal creature running in heavy boots. The sound is receding.

Phelerosa still seems dazed and it’s simple enough to lead her through the ... “Are we in the guts?” She *groans* “Where are you taking me?”

You cannot immediately see Olandil or the route he took through the tunnels.

Need a marching order, whether you are using light sources and a direction at the tunnel fork: A or B?

@Everyone also please roll TWO Sense Motive checks. Taking 10 is permitted (if you wish), but you cannot Aid Another or Take 20.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 24/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (*+2 AC)

As soon as she enters the tunnel, Kala whips out Orc Brains, her warhammer, and casts Light on it. A sound catches her ear...

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

"Someone in boots is running off that way. Hurry or we'll lose them!" Kala points to the west, pushing past everyone impatiently to hustle after who she assumes is Olandil. Too bad Stinky didn't get a good whiff of Olandil earlier so we could follow him down here. Once at the fork, she pauses to listen for sounds of footsteps down either path, looking at the floor and walls as she does so for any signs of recent passage.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

What she does next:
If there's an indication of which way the clomper went, she'll go that way. If not, she'll take route A, muttering: "Can't hear 'em anymore. Just guessing!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 22 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Korum winces at the light. Well, at least they know we're down here. Seeing no one else is around at the moment, he leans in close and quietly asks, "Don't suppose you saw the folio of music or legendary poems by the Wraxton lady on your journey? Not certain we're gonna get the chance now." He stops to take a good look at Kala, "How are you holdin' up? Everything go okay with Captain Smiles and his shiny disposition?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

The paladin also takes a moment to scan for the presence of unlife.
Detect Undead, 60'


“Who’s the old guy ..? And the tall girl with the bitey critter?”

Phelerosa sounds delirious. “Have they put you up to kidnapping me? WELL? Have they, Conig?”

There are signs of massed rat, humanoid and even tentacled traffic using this section of the Guts. Even a tracker as experienced as Kala cannot distinguish individual passage through the dank riversand.

Orc Brains’ light illuminates a splash of ancient duotone graffiti on the salt encrusted wall beside Korum.

The map is in my header & at the top of the page.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 35/38 | AC 16 {20}, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Casts light on his greataxe. Agirran attempts to "B" first--you know, the way wizards are.

survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 15
sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Like a much smaller kid from a humorous drawing, Agirran hauls (great) axe through the warren.

"Gangway, Tin Can." he says clomping by the slower paladin.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 24/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (*+2 AC)

Kala is about to answer Korum when the aforementioned Captain Smiles shoves past. She presses her lips thin and grunts: "No. Tell ya' more later..." before squinting at the graffiti and sounding out the words. Thank goodness they were easy ones, or that might've taken a while. "Get ready for a fight, guys. There might be undead here. Let's move!"

It looks like Agirran has chosen route B on the map, so Kala will let him open the door and be first in line to deal with whatever fun is in there. Also, if he's too slow, she'll take out the torch again and poke him in the butt with it, for old times' sake.

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 18/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig feels the temperature rise in the situation as he's reunited with the rest of the group. He reaches in his pocket and draws a wand to cast a spell. Turning to Phelerosa, These folks are with us, m'lady. Worry not. Here, step on to this plateau with me.

Conig casts Floating Disk from a wand an steps up onto it with Phelerosa. Magic Trick (Floating Disk). The rules definitely don't suggest that multiple people can ride it but she's an NPC so not sure if you're willing to allow, GM.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5, Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 4/8 2nd 4/4 | Natural Divination: 1/2 | Active conditions: None

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

”Hopefully it’s safer down here than whatever’s happening in the streets above,” Luli explains cheerfully as Karma stands still to let Phelerosa balance herself while she climbs onto the disk with Conig. ”I must say, that was certainly not the kind of performance I was expecting. But we’ll get you through this - don’t worry. I’d never leave someone behind.”

”Also, what happened while you were away?” he asks Kala and Agirran innocently.

Silver Crusade

AC 22 T 15(19 incorp touch) FF 17| HP 41/48 | F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2 Human (varisian)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-2/3 1-2/5
Spells Active:

Survival: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Rowena pauses for a moment to cast a spell to increase her speed. Expeditious retreat Then runs along after the others, but splitting off to go down "A" when the opportunity arises.


To Phelerosa, Conig politely wrote:
Worry not. Here, step on to this plateau with me.

“Why? I’m not an invalid or a child.”

Phelerosa refuses to get have anything to do with the floating disc. “I can stand on my own two feet, thank-you very much!”

Seeing Agirran head south, Rowena ✨casts a spell and continues west, looking to garner a tactical advantage.

Luli wrote:
“Hopefully it’s safer down here than whatever’s happening in the streets above.”

The halfling’s comments about relative safety stick with Agirran as he pushes past the Grand Lodgers, allowing him to note the shadow of a pale maggot the size of Madame Karma, as he rounds a second right hand corner heading west.

Initiative Round #1 (not secret):

Agirran Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Rowena Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Conig Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Kala + Stinky Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Korum Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Luli Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Phelerosa Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Maggot: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Conig
Kala + Stinky @Kala, I moved Stinky to a square adjacent to you. If you wanted to leave his starting position back with Luli, that’s cool.
Luli
Rowena expeditious retreat
Korum
Agirran
--
Maggot
--
Phelerosa

Pathfinders, do something awesome!

The Map is also in my header & at the top of the page.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 22 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Aw Hells! Why are they going different directions...AGAIN? This is definitely going in the after-action report. The paladin races to get ahead of Rowena to ensure she does not encounter an untimely end.

Double Move

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 24/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Spells 1st: 2/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (*+2 AC)

Pathfinders push past Kala right and left, and she is left to figure out which ones to follow on her own. Two went right and one went left. Groan! Why am I stuck with him again?! Knowing how guilty she'd feel if she abandons Agirran and he gets hurt, she hustles after him, cursing him in her mind for being jerk with a bigger chip on his shoulder than her own. "Stinky, heel!"

Handle Animal Companion DC 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

She sees him stop short at the corner, looking at something. Hoping it's trouble she can hit to resolve (because that's what she's good at, darnit!), she readies her shield and activates her Animal Focus ability, giving herself Aspect of the Bull and Stinky Aspect of the Tiger. (Swift action; +2 to STR for Kala and +2 DEX for Stinky.)

"Move, Agirran." She growls as she shoves past him around the corner and comes face-to-face with a big, grubby monster. Whoa. Ugly. Squishy? Thoughts flash through her mind as she winds up and swings, the light from her warhammer flinging itself wildly around the tight confines of the tunnel.

Cold Iron Warhammer: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 111d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

Coming, Kala! Hey, what's that smell? I mean, there are a ton of smells down here. It's great! But there's a really weird one up ahead. What is that? It smells like trouble. Hey, dude, get out of the way! I gotta stay by Kala. You're in my way. Scoot! Stinky noses at the back of Agirran's knee, trying to get the man to move so he can be closer to his Kala.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5, Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 4/8 2nd 4/4 | Natural Divination: 1/2 | Active conditions: None

"You hear that Karma? Let's go!" Luli holds on tight to his companion as the wolf bounds down the tunnel after the other Pathfinders.

"Bwoof."

"Yeah, looks pretty full up that way. Let's try the other passage - maybe they connect!"

The halfling is proven correct as the two slip past Rowena and Korum. From their vantage point in the corner, Luli watches both groups of Pathfinders. "Feel the strength of the earth all around you!" he cries, and a ripple passes through the ground to fill the Pathfinders with fortitude!

Karma double-moves and Luli casts bless, affecting everyone except Conig and Phelerosa.


With a teamwork-themed prayer, Korum heads west to support Rowena. Madame Karma blows past both of them, giving Luli the opportunity to bless most of the party.

Finally! Kala gets the opportunity to one-up Agirran and take out her frustration on something. Unfortunately, this time her hammer misses.

Stinky’s loyalty faces an unexpected hurdle –– the back of Agirran’s knees.

Round #1:

Party Buffs: bless (except Conig)

Conig
Kala + Stinky
Luli
Rowena expeditious retreat
Korum
Agirran
--
Maggot
--
Phelerosa

Conig, Rowena & Agirran, bring the pain!

The Map is also in my header & at the top of the page.

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 18/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig glides along the hall on the way to the action.

move, move.

Silver Crusade

AC 22 T 15(19 incorp touch) FF 17| HP 41/48 | F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2 Human (varisian)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-2/3 1-2/5
Spells Active:

Rowena conjures a shield of force to protect herself and charges her body and weapon with silvery energy, then draws a starknife on the move as she continues forward. ”I’m gonna, like, check the west more, alright?”

Standard to cast, swift to arcane strike for the round, move to move. She will follow the path farther west as long as she can with 60 ft of movement


Conig shows some smooth moves to get closer to the action.

Rowena ✨casts shield and continues heading west.

Rowena:
Please roll a sense motive check as an immediate action, spoilered under a label marked “GM”.

Because we’re in combat you may not Take 10 or 20.

Round #1:

Party Buffs: bless (except Conig)

Conig
Kala + Stinky
Luli
Rowena expeditious retreat, shield
Korum
Agirran
--
Maggot
--
Phelerosa

Agirran!

Map! It's also in the usual places.

If Agirran hasn’t posted within the next 12 hours, expect me to move us on.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 35/38 | AC 16 {20}, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Assuming it is not dead....

"What did I say? MOVE!" growls Agirran.

hydraulic push v red (bless): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9

Casts hydraulic push to shove the maggot out of the way. Well, Agirran's way. Then if it gets moved (which I doubt looking back at the roll) Agirran heads down the stairs (30' move).


The back-spray from Agirran’s ✨hydraulic push, mixed with river gravel and maggot slime *squirts* over Kala.

But the grub remains unmoved.

The mindless ick strikes out with mouth-parts in the direction of the water-stream, but finds Kala in the way!

maggot bite on Kala AC 16: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
piercing damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

You hear tentative footsteps from Phelerosa's direction, but she doesn't come into view.

Agirran:

Please roll a sense motive check as an immediate action, spoilered under a label marked “GM”.

Because we’re in combat you may not Take 10 or 20.

Round #2:

Party Buffs: bless (except Conig)

Conig
Kala + Stinky

Luli
Rowena expeditious retreat, shield
Korum
Agirran
--
Maggot
--
Phelerosa?

Pathfinders, do something cool!

Map!

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 18/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Without a clear way to interact with the threats, Conig moves back to see if he can wrangle Phelerosa. Move to see what he can see.

151 to 200 of 470 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Your Out of Ⓐ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.