[PFS] Your Out of Ⓐ (Inactive)

Game Master Yours is mined


351 to 400 of 547 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

AC 22 T 15(19 incorp touch) FF 17| HP 41/48 | F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2 Human (varisian)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-2/3 1-2/5
Spells Active:

Rowena will redirect her previous attack to the partial-lictor, moving into melee range

Rowena has absolutely zero problem jabbing her starknife into the prone kinda-lictor.

Attack with Mwk Cold Iron Starknife (bless, piranha strike): 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 - 1 = 24
Damage (ps, as): 1d4 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 10

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

Even though his opponent is prone, Korum’s half-hearted ‘broom-swish’ with his glaive bounces off the hellknight’s armor.

With blue-hair already knocked unconscious by his mistress, Stinky sails under Pink-sash’s sword thrusts easily.

Rowena suffers no remorse from sticking it to the hellknight section leader, but he’s not finished with the Pathfinders yet.

Gellius rises to his feet, and if he survives the opportunistic attacks from Agirran, Korum and Rowena, withdraws 20’ to the south, leaping from the clifftop to the beach below, in a desperate attempt to escape.

“I’d sooner die than yield to the likes of YOU!”

Even though he’s withdrawing, the second square he leaves is threatened by Agirran and Korum. So if either of you have the ability to take more than one AoO per round, you may take two on Gellius.

I’ll resolve Gellius’ fate, once the AoO’s from Agirran, Korum & Rowena are in.

Phelerosa ceases her assault on the helpless Olandil, and holds her face in her hands as she *sobs*

“Pathfinders! You’re all PATHFINDERS! I’M DOOMED!”

She continues *wailing* as she withdraws to the west and plops down in the sand with her back to you. “I thought you were Aspis Consortium!”

Clearly shaken by his near-miss at Conig’s hands, Pink-sash withdraws at a hobble 60 feet to the north. “Nothing personal – it was just a job.”

“Even though there’s no honest work in Pezzack I still have to feed my family.”

You can chase either opponent, or let them go and we are out of combat rounds.

Round #3:

Party Buffs: bless

Maralictor Gellius injured, shaken
Green Thug dead
Pink Thug injured, shaken
Yellow Thug unconscious 3/7+4+1
Blue Thug unconscious
--
Phelerosa

Conig ☤ 18/22 hp, mage armor
Korum ☤ 24/31 hp + One or Two AoO vs Gellius
Rowena ☤ 39/48 hp, shield + One AoO vs Gellius
Luli
Kala + Stinky ☤ K20/25 hp
Agirran ☤ 14/38 hp + One or Two AoO vs Gellius

What would you like to do, Pathfinders?

The Map is in the usual places.

GM screen:

Olandil -1 NL Brad41

Wellington: -X
G: DEAD
Y: Unconscious 3/7+4+1
P: Bake 2go!
B: Unconscious

Shaken:

A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.

3/3 ; 3/4
H5/ hp eli

Broken: If the item is a weapon, any attacks made with the item suffer a –2 penalty on attack and damage rolls. Such weapons only score a critical hit on a natural 20 and only deal ×2 damage on a confirmed critical hit.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Non-lethal AoO: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 10
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 19/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Rage 6/6 Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

Would Pinky trigger an AOO from Stinky?

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.
Pink dude wrote:
“Even though there’s no honest work in Pezzack I still have to feed my family.”

Pinky's words ring as likely true in Kala's mind. With this flash of understanding, she chooses to let him go. "Stinky, down. Good boy."

Handle Animal Companion DC10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

If the Hellknight successfully runs away:
She turns to survey the conflict zone just in time to spot the Hellknight making a break for it. She quickly stashes Orc Brains and draws her shortbow as she dashes to the edge of the ledge, calling out for consensus: "Should I shoot him? Or let him go?"

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

No Combat Reflexes, alas.

**SWISH!**

greataxe v Gellius (sunder head from body, AoO, v prone, bless): 1d20 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 14 damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 These dice make up for last round.

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig raises his gun and zooms out to join Phelerosa, Sorry, love. Brigands of a sort.

Silver Crusade

AC 22 T 15(19 incorp touch) FF 17| HP 41/48 | F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2 Human (varisian)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-2/3 1-2/5
Spells Active:

Rowena is not about to let the maybe-lictor get away that easily.

AoO: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

If he's still up after that

She then dashes off after him, striking him one last time in the back. "Guess you're, like, a para-alive-lictor now."

Attack with Mwk Cold Iron Starknife (bless, high ground piranha strike): 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 - 1 = 27
Damage (ps, as): 1d4 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 10

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

”Oh? What sorts of things have you heard about Pathfinders?” Luli asks Phelerosa curiously as he tries to untangle Olandil from the net.

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

“That some of them are arsonists.”

Phelerosa offers her hand up to Conig and will gently pull him down to sit next to her if he accepts.

Korum and Agirran both whiff. Rowena’s starknife tastes the hellknight’s fleeing back, before he throws himself off the steepest part of the cliff.

Acrobatics DC 15: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (20) - 6 = 14
non lethal fall damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Flat on his back, Gellius stares up at the gray, smoke-filled sky as an avenging angel swoops down to unburden him of all mortal responsibilities permanently.

We are out of combat rounds.

The Wounded:
Conig ☤ 18/22 hp
Korum ☤ 24/31 hp
Rowena ☤ 39/48 hp
Kala ☤ 20/25 hp
Agirran ☤ 14/38 hp

loot:
+1 guisarme, javelin, nets (2), sap, potions of cure light wounds (3), short swords (3), daggers (15), masterwork studded leather (3)

Olandil sounds ecstatic as Luli works to release him from the net. “Are we teleporting outa here? Can’t wait to see my old sparring partner Adril Hestram!”

“Any of you folks fellow Shadow Lodgers? I’m looking forward to telling Grandmaster Torch he was right about the Ten all along!”

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

"Uh, nope. But we'd better get out of sight. And back to the Acadamy. Don't know how we're getting out of here, since they seemed to know our plans. Maybe Poppo knows something. ...I thought I saw him tailing us earlier." Kala busily grabs loot from the bodies and stuffs it into her handy haversack. Once finished, she stands and suggests briskly: "Back to through the guts?"

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig has not seen such kindness from Phelerosa yet, he steps down from his floating disk to sit with her. He holsters his weapon.

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

Olandil surveys the scene at the Point, where whaling vessels, warehouses and admin buildings are now aflame.

Pinky approaches a small squad of marines with his hands raised above his head. With a nod from their section leader, her men loose crossbow quarrels at the mercenary until he falls.

Olandil concludes grimly. “We ain’t getting out of Pezzack the way you folks came in. That’s clear. And I’m not hearing anyone preparing to cast teleport neither.”

Kala wrote:
"Maybe Poppo knows something. ...I thought I saw him tailing us earlier."

“Following agents into harm’s way? That doesn’t sound like Kal Poppo …”

Olandil frowns as he thinks out loud, before suddenly clapping his hands and hootin’ "I don’t think it was you he was following."

"Was there a pink-haired female gnome somewhere in your vicinity when you saw our favorite Academy professor? And did he tell you guys to stay away from the Academy tonight? Because of an important magical project?”

The man smiles like a shark. “He’s been shirking Academy research lately in favor of an entirely different kinda magic he’s trying to sow with the widow Bonnifer Zoot. If we hurry, we should be able to reach the Academy before he leaves on his date.”

Kala wrote:
"Back to through the guts?"

"Yes, ma’am! I think so. Are you Pathfinders ready to brave the dark again?"

Olandil calls over to the far side of the Point. “We don’t have time for you to try to make me jealous, Phelly. Are you coming?”

Phelerosa wipes her eyes, gets to her feet slowly and stands with Conig.

“Say, I almost forgot.” Olandil starts rummaging through his backpack. “I’ve got a heap of trade goods (960gp worth) and a wand of investigative mind to reimburse you for any expenses you’ve incurred to rescue me.”

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Luli passes Phelerosa the bag of chocolates and tobacco. ”I know this can’t make up for things, but you earned it with your bravery!”

Diplomacy, Natural Divination: 1d20 + 12 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 10 = 25

”And... um... well, would you want to come with us? You’re the very picture of a Pathfinder: brave enough to go into danger, and smart enough to know when to run away.” He grins. ”And Olandil can attest to the strength of your arm!”

Entertainingly, Luli can’t see the boats or the burning things in the harbor. X-D

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

"Ha! Pink hair--yeah, we ran into her. Let's go, everyone! Stinky, heel!" Kala casts Light on Orc Brains again and hustles back down into the guts, allowing Olandil to lead the way since he likely knows the route better than she does.

Handle Animal Companion DC 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 19/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Rage 6/6 Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

Coming, Kala! Hey Kala, that was kinda fun, but not a lotta fun. It was pretty short, and I didn't get to eat anything. My stomach feels a lot better now. And I'm hungry. Can we stop and eat? Stinky's mental train of though clatters along a familiar track as he scampers after Kala.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Agirran follows along, keeping his thoughts and words to himself.

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!
Luli wrote:
“And... um... well, would you want to come with us?”

Phelerosa accepts the gifts with a wan smile as she watches a Marine cutter loaded with wounded strike an underwater obstacle in the harbor and begin to capsize. “That’ll be Brucks’ Shark Farm they’ve hit. He uses -- sorry used -- the tank to dispose of people who really teed him off.”

“I have no desire to greet any of Sawndannac’s marines in the streets, and would be happy to leave Pezzack under Conig and your protection, Luli. Thank-you.”

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

The journey in the dark back to the Academy of Applied Magic is uneventful. Kala pushes the secret door open in Poppo’s basement to find the gnome sitting glumly in the dark in his Starday best.

He doesn’t look at all surprised to see you.

“Bonnifer won’t come.”

Poppo looks up at Olandil with tears in his eyes. “Says she still loves her dead husband, and can’t bear the thought of being separated from him.”

“There’s nothing to keep me in Pezzack now.”

“But is it ready?” Olandil asks gently.

The gnome nods. “More or less. If you can help me squish some of the bugs, we could be ready to go in a day. There’s two problems though.”

“The first is we’ll need a distraction. If the navy sees it before we’re out of the harbor, they’ll capture us for sure. Second, the Chels are blaming the riot at the Manukirt Warehouse and the massacre at Whaler’s Point on the Passfinder Society. If you can’t counteract the Loyalist propaganda, the Society will never be allowed to return to Cheliax.”

Olandil turns to face you. “He’s much further advanced on his emergency escape project than I dared hope. Phelly and I can help him finish it over the next twenty-four hours.”

“In the meantime I suggest you pick a faction. Meet with a representative on their home turf and do a deal with them to provide a distraction on the docks in a day’s time and to help you counteract the Loyalist smear campaign against the Society.”

“Be at the Docks in 24 hours’ time, ready to leave. Questions?”

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

”You know these factions best,” Luli offers. ”What do you think would motivate each of them to help us? What might we offer them?”

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

“After the year I’ve had, I’d rather not dwell on what goes on in the minds of any of those bastards, Pathfinder.”

Olandil speaks quietly but you can see the strain on his face. “I can’t tell you what pet project has any of them bogged down at the mo, but I guarantee they’ll all have one.”

“As for what you bring to the table – I’d wager the usual things we Pathfinders are known for – a combination of brains and brawn, as well as the willingness to get a dirty job done.”

He smiles grimly. “It’s up to you which one to choose.”

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

"Great. So, we've gotta choose between dizzy minstrels, devil pacts, greedy smugglers, the nearly-indiscriminately bloodthirsty. Great choices. Well, Agirran and I ran into the Galtans earlier. They set a shop on fire, and refused to put it out, even after I managed to get on their good side. Seems like they don't care about the city--just themselves. And they'd kill a lot of people if they were in charge. Can't say they're a good choice. Did the rest of you cross paths with any of the other factions?"

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

GM and Luli:
Can I interpret Phelerosa's comment about returning with us as significant progress for our faction mission?

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!
Kala wrote:
“Great. So, we've gotta choose between dizzy minstrels, devil pacts, greedy smugglers, the nearly-indiscriminately bloodthirsty.”

“That sums up our little community pretty well. Our tourism council should hire you, Kala.”

Olandil can’t suppress a smile. “I suppose there is technically another option. But it’s a long shot.”

“You said you met Bonnifer Zoot during your travels. Did you interact positively? Could she look on your plight sympathetically?”

He shrugs. “If not, I s’pose it’s gotta be one of the others.”

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Yours is mined wrote:
“The first is we’ll need a distraction. If the navy sees it before we’re out of the harbor, they’ll capture us for sure. Second, the Chels are blaming the riot at the Manukirt Warehouse and the massacre at Whaler’s Point on the Passfinder Society. If you can’t counteract the Loyalist propaganda, the Society will never be allowed to return to Cheliax.”

"Well, technically.... But that's nothin' new."

Yours is mined wrote:

Olandil can’t suppress a smile. “I suppose there is technically another option. But it’s a long shot.”

“You said you met Bonnifer Zoot during your travels. Did you interact positively? Could she look on your plight sympathetically?”

He shrugs. “If not, I s’pose it’s gotta be one of the others.”

"Well, we didn't kill her if that's what you mean. Seems to me we pick the party that's the most gullible and work our way from there. The people in Docktown respond to money, and Olandil's got access to some trade goods. I say we start there."

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

After listening to the options and opinions of the others, "Docktown or the Galtans would be my choice. We may not be unanimous in this, so let's get to a majority and get to work. Once again, Time is not our ally in this, so let's hurry."

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!
Agirran wrote:
“Well, we didn't kill her if that's what you mean.”

“Not exactly.”

Olandil looks from Agirran to Kala and shakes his head. “Just remember to be at the docks on time. We can’t wait around for you.”

As you emerge from the guts once more and cross the bridge to Auntie’s Place, you notice the streets of Pezzack are eerily quiet. Plumes of black smoke hang over Fat Harbor, as fires continue to blaze out of control on Whaler’s Point.

Aside from Vim the blacksmith and a few other hard-cases passed out on the taproom floor, the inn is missing its normal bustling crowd. Auntie doesn’t look best pleased to see you.

“You’ve got a nerve showing your faces in here after all you’ve done! Everyone’s hiding out in their own homes, waiting to see if the marines mobilize into the streets.”

Upon hearing that you want to see Bruck, she *shrugs* “Well he’s got nothing better to do, I suppose. He’s upstairs not counting the money he’s not making tonight.”

Auntie leads you up the steps to a pokey office without a door. She knocks on the doorframe before ushering you inside. “The Pathfinder Society requests a moment of your time, Mr Mayor.”

Gazing out the office’s wide window, doubtlessly scavenged from the great cabin of a Chelish man o’ war stands a short, well-dressed tiefling, with a pensive look on his face.

“The marines look to be digging in on the Point. Perhaps Admiral Sawndanacc still thinks she can still starve us out?”

He turns to face you across an untidy desk, slapped together out of driftwood. “By my count Pathfinders, you owe me for my losses at the bar tonight and for abducting my favorite Noble plaything.”

“I assume you are here to pay up in full?”

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

"Assuming that means helping you organize a resistance or ensuring we leave town and never coming back to darken your doorstep again, well then yes." He holds the 'Mayor's' gaze before continuing, "Look, this problem started long before we got here. Maybe the events of the day sped up the process, but this camel's back broke long ago, and everyone knows it. Now, you can blame us if you want, but it doesn't change a thing. If it weren't us, something else would have brought this all about one day." He pauses a moment, "We can help each other or not. But all that going on in the harbor, that makes today Pezzack's own Crucible. There's too much at stake to just wait for it to blow over and hope a status quo returns. Think about that. Right now, at this moment, you're hopin' tomorrow was like yesterday. Truth be told, yer yesterday sucked." Korum takes a step closer to the mayor. "Right now is when history is being written. What do you want it to say about you?"

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"And you want a return to a profitable city, yes?" Luli adds. "A man in your position doesn't get there by accident - nor one who doesn't know that the Chellish navy would rather burn Pezzak to the ground than let trade and people move freely once more."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

"Besides, we have connections in Absalom. Wouldn't you rather take advantage of them to expand your reach and influence than remain holed up here like a rat? We propose a transaction - we help you, you help us. Simple business."

Ugh, I can't believe I'm saying this, the halfling thinks to himself. But we need his help, and he likely needs ours as well.

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!
Korum wrote:
“Truth be told, yer yesterday sucked.”

“Truth be told, my yesterday was a lot more profitable than my today.”

Bruck speaks calmly, but it’s clear he holds you responsible for his immediate problems. “Frankly Ser Korum, I couldn’t give a wolverine crap what Thrune’s version of history says about me. I’m a businessman not a politician, and Pezzack isn’t my home.”

< Aside to Kala > “I trust he is house-trained, miss.”

“I hear a lot of guilt in your little speech, ser. While that doesn’t surprise me given your vocation, it doesn’t help either one of us right now.”

Luli wrote:
"And you want a return to a profitable city, yes?"

Bruck nods once. Patiently.

Luli wrote:
“We propose a transaction - we help you, you help us. Simple business.”

“As a simple businessman, I’m always willing to listen to a simple business proposition.”

Bruck makes a ‘let’s have it’ gesture with his right hand. “What is it you want, Master … Luli, is it not?”

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"Two things, Master Bruck," Luli says with a cheerful smile. "To get out of the city, we need a distraction at the docks tomorrow. Also, your leverage with the Society will mean very little if we cannot operate openly in Chelliax. We need to counteract the Loyalists' smear campaign. We came to you because we know a simple businessman of your standing knows a thing or two about a good marketing campaign and the power of public opinion, as well as the value of a fair trade."

"What might we offer as equivalent value, besides the investment of future connections that have very little worth here and now?"

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

“How about we leave the ‘future possibilities’ for the future, Master Luli? I like to keep my simple business transactions simple.”

The tiefling looks you in the eye. “Frankly, both of our futures are hardly assured, and I’d prefer to concentrate on what we can do for each other right now.”

“So how about we do that?”

Bruck steeples his fingers together as he speaks. “Causing a distraction to draw attention away from the Docks can be arranged. I keep a crew on retainer for odd jobs. They’re mainly reliable, provided the payoff is adequate.”

“Public Relations, as you correctly point out is my specialty. I can certainly give you some pointers, but you will have to do most of the legwork yourselves.”

“AUNTIE!” Bruck bellows and the middle-aged halfling’s face appears immediately around the doorway.

“Be a dear and scrape Cackle off the floor of whatever rat hole he’s passed out in.”

< No offense, Mr Conig >

“I might have a job for him and his team in the morning, and I’ll need them all sober.”

Bruck shows you all a winning smile. “Now let’s talk about what I want in return …”

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

“I have a task in mind that should appeal to Ser Korum. A public service if you will.”

“The Strix.” Bruck pauses. “Are a menace to all of Pezzack’s citizens. A group of these savages have set up a watch-post in a tower that they burnt down during the Second Ashes.”

“The watch, currently led by that snot Gellius has been unable or unwilling to confront them. Consequently, every day livestock, trade goods and even lone citizens have been taken by those creatures.”

The tiefling slides an unsealed missive across the desk to you. “Kill them. Bring me proof that you’ve done so. And leave this note on one of their bodies.”

He *shrugs* “You can read it if you wish. It’s a letter from Admiral Sawndannac praising the Strix’s efforts at harassing us and promising them further support if they help her put down the rebellion.”

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

"Good. We're mainly reliable too--provided the payoff." Agirran says grabbing the letter and stuffing the letter down his boot.

He moves to leave.

Everyone good to fight fliers outside?

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig's whiskers twitch at the mention of the rats and takes the "no offense" comment in stride. He processes the information about the Strix and the mission to deal with them. He follows Agirran out.

We need something to bring the fliers to the ground. Tanglefoot bags or the like.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.
Bruck wrote:
< Aside to Kala > “I trust he is house-trained, miss.”

"Yeah. Mostly. ... He did all that on the way over, so he's prob'ly runny on empty now."

Conig wrote:
"We need something to bring the fliers to the ground. Tanglefoot bags or the like."

"I like that idea. We should get going, and talk while we walk. Stinky, heel." Kala heads out the door with Stinky in tow, figuring that the tiefling might be more accommodating for any final questions if the wolverine is outside.

Handle Animal Companion DC 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

“Sounds like we have a deal. Heads, wings or unique equipment is all good as proof. And forget about tanglefoot bags.”

“If there ever were any in town, their owners will be keeping hold of them now that the marines have a beachhead inside the harbor.”

Bruck scrawls out a mud map to guide you from the nearest Guts exit to the Strix Tower. “And don’t forget to plant the letter!”

The journey through the guts is again uneventful. You have no problems following Bruck’s map, which accurately depicts the fastest route to the Strix lair.

Most of the walls and floors of this tower have collapsed. Only fragmented pieces of the stone exterior walls remain standing. A large pile of burnt wooden planks and the shattered remnants of furniture lie several hundred feet to the west of the ruin. Near the center of the ruin, a pile of bones rests in a 15-foot-deep open grave.

Three Strix perch atop the northern wall, as if waiting for flightless prey to stroll into a carefully conceived ambush.

Initiative Round #1 (not secret):

Agirran Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Rowena Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Conig Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Kala + Stinky Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Korum Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Luli Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Red Strix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Yellow Strix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Green Strix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Conig ☤ 18/22 hp
--
Green Strix
Yellow Strix
--
Luli
Korum ☤ 24/31 hp
Agirran ☤ 14/38 hp
Kala + Stinky ☤ Kala 20/25 hp
Rowena ☤ 39/48 hp
--
Red Strix

Conig goes first!

The New Map is in the usual places.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

potion of cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
potion of cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
potion of cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Agirran swigs a bunch of his potions while heading across town.

"Before we go in powder guns ablazin' maybe we send a scout in to get the lay of the--OH, FOR THE LOVE OF F!##!"

"WHO TURNED ON THE AUTOMATED TREADMILL? WAS IT YOU?" Agirran points an accusing finger at Kala. "I didn't even consider the fact that this town had an automated airport walkway."

We can't have nice plans can we? ;) I say we shrug, turn around, and come back when we can all go first, and have cast the spells, and ready the weapons we wanted. ;)

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Earlier:
Kala chugs a potion on her way through the Guts.

Potion of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig will have recast mage armor and floating disk from his wand. 1 hour duration. as well as topped off HP if some offers a wand charge.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Conig slides forward a bit with his floating disk and turns up the edge to provide some protection for himself. Magic Trick floating disk. AC 23. base+Mage Armor+Shield

Conig raises a pistol for the oncoming.

readied bullet for enemy within 20ft:
gun, touch ac: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-1/3 1-3/5
Spells/Effects Active:
Shield
Human (varisian) AC 22 T 15(19 vs incorp.) FF 17| HP 47/48| F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Rowena would have switched back to her vigilante persona. She likewise would have cast barkskin before getting this close

Black Midknight advances, drawing one of her throwaway starknives as she conjures a faint shield of force and charges herself with silvery energy.

Move to move and draw, standard to cast Shield, swift to activate arcane strike for the round

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

The Strix make a single call to each other: సావేజెస్

Strix:
“Savages!”

The yellow-feathered Strix then takes to the air flying directly at Black Midknight, from where it tosses a strange barbed net covered in slipknots at the end of a 10-foot rope.

yellow snag net vs Black Midknight touch AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Black Midnight gains the entangled condition

@Black Midknight, can you please redo your round #1 turn, taking into account your entangled state?

Once the green-eyed Strix’s glide path takes him to within 20 feet of Conig, the spell-slinger raises his piece.

BLAM!

Fly: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The bullet blows through a fleshy part of the avian’s thigh, as the creature keeps coming. However, the shot throws off the strix's aim and it misses the ratfolk with its own snag net toss.

green snag net vs Conig touch AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Round #1:

Conig ☤ 18/22 hp, AC 23, T 15, mage armor, shield, you don’t have a CLW wand/potion, right?
--
Green Strix flesh wound
Yellow Strix
--
Luli
Korum

Agirran ☤ 31/38 hp
Kala + Stinky
Black Midknight AC 24, T 15, barkskin, please redo your turn for entangled
--
Red Strix

Luli, Korum, Agirran, Kala, Stinky & Black Midknight are up!

The New Map is in the usual places.

GM screen:

R:
Y:
G: -Fabio+JGorge

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Seeing Midnight already entangle in a net, a short curse escapes Korum's lips. He sprints up to aid his ally.

Glaive (reach/charge): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

”Don’t worry, Row- Black Midnight, we’ll get you out of there!” Luli stumbles a bit over his companion’s change of persona as he urges Karma forward, a petition for aid on his lips.

”Those who have died here linger still, and their spirits hunger for justice. You will give it to them!” As the halfling speaks, dark mist flows from the ground and wraps around his companions like a shroud.

Casting (what else?) bless.


N Female Wolf Animal Companion 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: None

Karma, meanwhile, follows Luli’s directions and tries to bite through the net entangling Black Midnight.

Bite, Bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 26
Bite damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Crit damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Don’t know if you can crit a net, but Karma’s sure not gonna find out right now.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Drawing forth her newly-acquired net as she strides purposefully toward the green strix, Kala mutters to herself: "This is going to go really well, or really bad." Once in position, she hurls the net at the strix, hoping against hope that she doesn't embarrass herself with this unfamiliar piece of equipment.

Toss a net upward, not proficient: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 + 1 = 4
Includes penalty for non-proficiency and bonus from Bless

Well, that sucked. "Stinky, uh... Flank?"

Handle Animal Companion DC 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 19/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Rage 6/6 Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

Umm. Okay. But it's up high, so I can't reach it. You know that, right? Stinky scuttles over there anyway, but it's clear that he's a bit confused about how exactly this is going to work.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Technically, Midnight would not have been that close to be netted in the first place.

Good thing the birds seem as stupid as we are, gettin' that close with long spears and bows.

Casts sheild, moves.

Silver Crusade

Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-1/3 1-3/5
Spells/Effects Active:
Shield
Human (varisian) AC 22 T 15(19 vs incorp.) FF 17| HP 47/48| F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2

Black Midknight draws her butterfly sword and chops at the net, freeing herself from it. Don’t need an attack roll so just rolling damage

Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 11

Snag net works like a net with extras, and none of the extras suggest it has more than 5 hp, so she gets out

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

No wand, myself. Was hoping for the kindness of others.

351 to 400 of 547 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Your Out of Ⓐ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.