[PFS] Your Out of Ⓐ (Inactive)

Game Master Yours is mined


51 to 100 of 547 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

"Not sure I know that one. Is it similar to that drunken favorite, 'The toothless Tiger rules the restless jungle?' I hear it's real popular."

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Kala is impressed with Korum's presence of mind. She would've just said the code phrase by itself.

Her thoughts are interrupted by the sound--and smell--of Stinky belching. Fish. Great. "I gotta train you not to eat what we're hiding in, Stinky." She give him an affectionate rub on the head, and immediately regrets it. Wiry fur is stuck to her hand via fish slime. Hooraaay. Grooossss.

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 19/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Rage 6/6 Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

Ooooh, heeeyyyy Kala. (Buurp) That was goood. I'm liking this mission so far. It's--(burp)--great. Stinky is so full of fish that he's practically comatose.

Grand Lodge

Battle Map!

Poppo hurries the PCs down several dimly lit stone halls and into the Academy’s basement, which hosts cramped quarters for them to unload their gear and a single small tub of stale but clean water to help wash off the fish guts, if not the stench.

“Split me like Nethys’s eyebrow! I’m genuinely surprised the Passfinders sent people! Sorry for the lack of a good cover story — didn’t have room in the notes — didn’t expect a response — and sorry for the fish guts and the bumpy roads and — oh, sorry for everything. If we only had a little more time …”

Poppo trails off, but picks right back up after a moment of silence. “Right! You’re here for Olandil. It’s … it’s complicated. He’s, well, he’s not himself lately. He’s four selves. Since your little Passfinder Society left him behind, he’s had to make do — improvise — take on new names and jobs waiting for rescue."

“When I first met him, he went by Grimy Rick and needed me to enhance some goggles of disguise for some work in Docktown. He kept asking questions about Fat Harbor and the town’s magic item economy. A year later he came in needing me to add some disguise charms to an eye patch. I asked him why, and he spilled it all — so tired of keeping secrets — he was also The Guv’nor! The one-eyed Galtan spy!”

“He kept coming back over the years. He came in one day as Emmy Winner, the celebrity White Thistles poet. Last week, he comes in looking awful, and said he was a Passfinder named Olandil, and I just… I couldn’t process it! Four people! One person!”

Poppo gesticulates madly, alternating between raising four fingers and one finger to emphasize his point. “It got so confusing, I had to write it all down to try and keep track of it all.”

He hands you a lecture pad containing information about the various factions vying for control of Pezzack, and the alias Olandil has adopted for each of them.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Battle Map!

“I then told Olandil my own secret — I had been teaching a Passfinder vantage-captain as a correspondence student — and he told me to send her a message saying he wanted out of Pezzack. As though that’s even possible! But I sent it, and he thanked me, he left, and I haven’t seen him since."

“Night before last, I had Loyalists —” Poppo smothers the word with disdain, and doubles up on his disgust as he repeats it. “— Filthy Loyalists in my office, telling me to stop doing business with Olandil, following me everywhere except the Guts because I bet they don’t like to get their boots dirty! They knew who Olandil really is, too! And they’ve been outside the Academy since, watching … waiting. But! They don’t know about my ladder to the Guts, but they’ll find out eventually.”

“Oh yeah, the Guts is what we Pezzacki call the network of tunnels that run under the town. My ladder to the Guts should allow you to go into town to look for Olandil without catching the attention of the Loyalists.”

Poppo fishes a rolled-up map of Pezzack from his robes and spreads it out on the basement floor. “I’ve marked some spots that might be good places to start your search. If you want more info ‘bout any of ‘em — just ask me!”

The Pezzack Map & Faction Summary are also ‘stickied’ at the top of the page.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Yours is mined wrote:
Midshipman Fury wrote:
"Ah, my three-card onion beats your bagel."

“But my bagel contains lox – so nope. Go Fish!”

The ‘Flat’ playing with you is Ms Eadie the Purser. A plain twenty-something Chelaxian woman. She wears cut-off denim pants, and a blue-and-white striped jersey exposing a toned midriff and biceps that must be magically enhanced. Her left eye is a startling blue, while her right is covered by a black eye-patch. Mousey hair peeks out from beneath a cocked hat, that she wears backwards.

A stuffed toy parrot wearing a furry black beard has been inexpertly sewed to her right epaulette, so that it flops upside-down to the side of her shoulder.

Yours is mined wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

knowledge religion (untrained, MAX result 10): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

*Shrug* He's a pirate. He's seen it before.

Yours is mined wrote:
“Mister Fury, do you have Missus Bones, the Ships’s Butcher?”

"Go fish."

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Yours is mined wrote:

“Perhaps the meaning will become clearer as you close in on your objective.”

Calisro Benarry slides a pair of fashionable smoked-goggles over her eyes. Wonder if they bought that?

“Handsomely now, Mister Fury.”

"Aye, Capt'n."

Yours is mined wrote:

The new moon ensures the midnight sky is dark, as the Glorious Payoff sidles up to the whaling vessel Thousand Eagles just outside Fat Harbor. The ragged smugglers silently pull person after person from their hold of scant fish — emaciated elderly people, several haggard-looking young men and women, and even a couple of children — each of them looking like they’ve gone years without rest as they listlessly cross the plank joining the ships. In a quiet, comforting voice, Venture-Captain Benarry welcomes the refugees in the name of the Decemvirate, while her crew sets to work serving them hot provisions.

VC Benarry's parting words are reassuring. “The Payoff can pick around the northern coastline flying a Nidalese flag for a week before Admiral Sawndannac’s people will start asking questions.”

“We’ve also got smart about signs and countersigns for verifying agents’ identities. Poppo will greet you with the phrase, ‘The wingless dove protects her nest.’ To which you reply, ‘The toothless tiger rules the restless jungle.’ Got it? Good luck, Pathfinders.”

86-99-86-99

The hour-long trip from the rendezvous point to Pezzack is cramped and unpleasant, but otherwise uneventful. Once the Thousand Eagles docks, two crew members – an aging swashbuckler with leading-man good looks and his tall, brown-furred bugbear sidekick, unceremoniously dump you (and the fish) into a large wagon. The wagon is wheeled swiftly across the town’s poorly maintained cobblestones, before a trap door in the wagon spills you (and the fish) out of its underside, down a metal chute, and into the larder of the Academy of Applied Magic.

A gnome throws open the larder door and helps you to your feet. “Greetings, Passfinders! I’m Kal Poppo!"

"Sure you are." Agirran says getting up from the fish and off an uncomfortably lumpy Stinky.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Yours is mined wrote:
Poppo hurries the PCs down several dimly lit stone halls and into the Academy’s basement, which hosts cramped quarters for them to unload their gear and a single small tub of stale but clean water to help wash off the fish guts, if not the stench.

*Sniff* "What stench?"

Yours is mined wrote:
“Oh yeah, the Guts is what we Pezzacki call the network of tunnels that run under the town. My ladder to the Guts should allow you to go into town to look for Olandil without catching the attention of the Loyalists.”

"Well-named. Feels like we passed through somethin's guts and then came straight outta the--say, where are we any how? We were supposed to be inserted into some sort of school for magic right? Is it for goblins only? Because all I'm seein' are tunnels. Where are all of your classrooms, pointy-hats, Quidditch trophies, and such?"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Battle Map!

“Funny you mention that, Passfinder Man.”

Poppo appears to pull a pointy hat out of Madame Karma’s ear, which he *PLOPS* atop his shiny head.

“We're currently in the campus basement of a town under siege. Foreign spies get arrested. New people stand out …”

Poppo points at Agirran and Korum. “Being a tad 'rough-around-the-edges' — no offense — both of you might pass as foreign whalers at liberty.”

“However, Mister Half-orc speaks a little too eloquently, and his finger nails are clean. While you, Big Guy cannot help demonstrating you’re smarter than almost everyone you meet.”

“Overlooking details like that will land you in a Hellknight gaol cell. Quick smart.”

The gnome prof then makes a sweeping gesture at Conig, Kala, Luli and Rowena.

“Ratfolk, tall barbarian with a stinky rodent, blind halfling riding a dog and a pretty woman nobody’s seen before.”

Poppo raises a blue, caterpillary eyebrow. “You’re kidding, right?”

✍ ✓ ✘

He allows that to sink in, before pulling a pile of multi-colored academic gowns and mortar-boards out of a musty blanket-box. “That’s where my Sorting Hat comes in.”

“I was going to suggest you disguise yourselves as foreign students or faculty while you’re in town. The Academy is off-limits to Muggles, and only the bursar has access to our student rolls.”

Poppo points to the top of his head. “If you want to be an Undergraduate, you need sorting into one of the four Academy Houses.”

“You may choose from the following. I’ll also point out their House Colors:

Lions: Crimson
Serpents: Forest Green
Ravens: Royal Blue
Badgers: Gold

Can’t/don’t want to decide? Roll a d4

The robes provide a +5 circumstance bonus on Bluff and Disguise checks to pretend to be Academy students.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Luli claps his hands in delight. ”Splendid, Poppo!” As he pulls a dusty-gold robe over his head, he frowns in thought. ”But where to go first? The note mentioned noodles and poetry - Poppo, did you write that? Based off how you described the factions in town, that sounds the most like the White Thistles.”

I’m assuming Luli would have had time to watch the seagulls accompanying the Pathfinder ship for at least 10 minutes this morning to grant him a +10 competence bonus to a single skill check today via Natural Divination. And, since the opportunity presented itself so nicely, he can also study some fish guts for a +5 bonus to a single saving throw via Natural Divination.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Yours is mined wrote:

“Funny you mention that, Passfinder Man.”

Poppo appears to pull a pointy hat out of Madame Karma’s ear, which he *PLOPS* atop his shiny head.

“We're currently in the campus basement of a town under siege. Foreign spies get arrested. New people stand out …”

Poppo points at Agirran and Korum. “Being a tad 'rough-around-the-edges' — no offense — both of you might pass as foreign whalers at liberty.”

"None taken. Mom said the same thing the day I was born, and I already smell like I've been brined. But maybe the hat and robes might be a better idea. No body looks at a wizard too closely. Say these 'intestines' run all over the city. Why not go back down them and pop up somewhere safe, if someone's watching your front door?"

Lucky Luli wrote:
Luli claps his hands in delight. ”Splendid, Poppo!” As he pulls a dusty-gold robe over his head, he frowns in thought. ”But where to go first? The note mentioned noodles and poetry - Poppo, did you write that? Based off how you described the factions in town, that sounds the most like the White Thistles.”

"We should split up. We can do more damage that way. Half of us go one place, and the other half go somewhere else. Otherwise we'd attract too much attention--six pointy-hats parading about like a line of ducklings."

Agirran hauls on the biggest golden robe he can find. "It's a little tight in the chest, and shoulders."

He moves his arms.

**RRRRRRIP!**

"That's better. Am I showing too much calf?" he notes his big northern boots, rough wool socks, and pale, hairy legs, which show a bit from under the short robe.

Grand Lodge

Battle Map!
Lucky Luli wrote:
“But where to go first? The note mentioned noodles and poetry - Poppo, did you write that?”

“Nosiree, Bob!”

The gnome tugs at his blue whiskers. “Poetry is the purview of the White Thistles, who carouse and try to impress one another at The Inkwell tavern.”

Location 3 on the map.

“BUT, I think ‘noodles’ is a clear reference to Madge’s Noodle Cart on Gold Street.”

Location 2 on the map.

“Apart from selling nummy noodles, Old Madge knows plenty! Lots of information -- if you can buy it. You didn’t bring real money with you, did you? Nobody takes money here. Well ... maybe the filthy Loyalists but still, nobody worth spending it on.”

Agirran wrote:
“Say these 'intestines' run all over the city. Why not go back down them and pop up somewhere safe, if someone's watching your front door?”

1d20 ⇒ 1

“Hmm … You are very switched on, Big Man.”

Poppo nods his head slowly. “You know, that never occurred to me.”

sense motive DC 2:
Oh, it’s occurred to him alright.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Korum slides the green cap away into a pack and dons a crimson robe. He looks at the gnome. "So, what's yer story? Anarchist? Rebel? Disillusioned former member? You certainly ain't doin' this fer yer health."

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

"I don't know. Running for your life is great for the heart and lungs. Especially, if someone is chasing you with a halberd, which definitely ain't great for your heart and lungs. And what are you all dressed up for--Crystalhue? You look like one of them cobbler gnomes who put all the new shoes on the front step in the morning." says the burly, tattooed wizard in the sleeveless, gold robe with a greataxe slung over his shoulder to Korum.

sense lying, no-good, two-bit, backstabbing weasel: 1d20 ⇒ 4 SUCCESS!

"And you." he says turning on Poppo. "What are you on about, Shorty? 'Didn't think about it.' You trying to get us caught?"

Agirran's not using it just now, but Intimidation +11 (+4 more vs Shorty 'cause he's short). I'm just sayin' it would be a real shame if something were to happened to him.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Ignoring the drunken rant, the paladin addresses Poppo. "Don't worry about him. He's an acquired taste. However, Aggy here does bring up a valid point." Korum turns back toward Agirran, "Trust me, I was just as surprised as your were." Referring to the 'disguises', he asks Poppo, "All of us as wizards? That won't stand out a little bit? Granted, we've never been here, and ain't tellin' ya how things work. We're just concerned that this'll atrack near as much attention, won't it?" He then taps his glaive to Aggy's large for a human great axe. "And these don't exactly scream wizard."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

”Hmm. Do any of the students here bring their own guards? For safety in such a “lawless” city?” Luli’s dim eyes seem to sparkle as he remembers the last time he and Karma pulled off such a ruse.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Pointing at the halfling, "That's exactly what I was wondering. And what about the animals? They certainly don't seem like yer average 'familiars'. We gotta act like these guys ain't morons."

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

"What? You mean wizards wouldn't use these?" Agirran says nodding to the heavy weaponry. "That's news to me, Wolfie. And Louie, and Kay here can either go as beggar boy, and his dog that people living under a five-year blockade haven't eaten yet because he can do tricks, or they can go stacked up on one another under a robe as one, biggish wizard."

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.
Poppo wrote:
“Ratfolk, tall barbarian with a stinky rodent, blind halfling riding a dog and a pretty woman nobody’s seen before.”

Unbidden, a snarky remark rises in Kala's mind: You mentioned me twice, there. It is followed by a sinking feeling, know full well that he didn't. She'd never been pretty. But I'm powerful. That counts for something...right?

Poppo wrote:
"He came in one day as Emmy Winner, the celebrity White Thistles poet."

Grand Lodge:
Well, that makes things simpler. If we get him out, he can just write down that cipher for us.

A short bit later...

Kala looks back and forth among her talkative compatriots, then stares sullenly at the goofy-looking robes. Ugly. ...Fine. Badger. Close enough to wolverine. She lets out a sigh of resignation and dons a gold robe. Like Agirran's, it is too small for her (though not quite as bad), but she doesn't rip it on purpose. That would be too obvious. Instead she shifts and scrunches it, working it into bunches to give her shoulders more leeway. The texture of her armor shows through the fabric. This isn't going to work unless they're a mile away. Closing her eyes a moment, she pictures herself. ...I look stupid.

Sighing again, she picks up the map and begins to make out the words on it, tapping her finger on notable locations. It takes all her focus, so she doesn't really follow the conversation. During a brief pause, she asks: "What are some of these other places?" There are lots of numbers on the map, but only 4 identified locations. She's asking about the ones not named.

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig draws a crimson cloak. Visiting mage suits me just fine. If we get into challenging conversation about the craft, leave it to me.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Battle Map!
Korum wrote:
“So, what's yer story? You certainly ain't doin' this fer yer health.”

“Oh, yes I could be too! Hearda the bleaching? There’s not much that compares to the raw adrenaline-pumping thrill of work like this!”

Agirran wrote:
“You trying to get us caught?”

“Maybe I should take back what I said before, Biggun. If I was stitching you up, I could have tipped off Maralictor Gellius anonymously about the fish-cart before you got within two miles of the Academy.”

Poppo stares at the viking with unblinking owl-eyes, though his speech is directed at the others. “I have provided the school-clothes to try and HELP YOU blend in with a semi-plausible cover.”

“Is it perfect? No. Does it rely on your own undercover skills to some extent? Yes. But the vantage-captain led me to believe you are professionals. Is she right about that?”

Poppo throws up his arms. “I REALLY AM new to all this. But if you don’t want my help just say so, and I’ll leave you to it.”

Conig wrote:
“Visiting mage suits me just fine.”

Somewhat mollified by Conig’s words, Poppo calms down and moves to Kala’s side to go over the town map with her.

“I thought the Inkwell, Throne Defiant or Auntie’s would be the most likely places to find Olandil, though I’m happy to explain what the others are:

2. Gold Street, where Madge likes to prowl with her Noodle Cart.

"Though you could just as easily come across her near one of the taverns."

6. Hellknight ‘Shoppe Front’:

"Everyone knows it’s a pointless PR charade."

7. Alchgarden, which is perpetually out of stock.

"The gnome alchemist Bonnifer Zoot will trade with folks that have useful reagents for her."

8. Glass on the Hill Theater:

"An abandoned, shattered ruin. Anything valuable was looted years ago."

9. Governor’s Manse:

"Though they drink at the Throne Defiant, this is the center of Loyalist activity. If you’re not a faction member, forget about getting in."

10. Shorewell: Makeshift fortress of the Galtan revolutionaries.

"They're paranoid and violent, outsiders are not allowed."

11. The Tenements: Filthy, disease-ravaged slums, where only the poorest Pezzacki live.

12. Docktown: Foreign merchants marooned in Fat Harbor by the blockade have built this floating borough of vice and greed.

"Their leader is a tiefling called Bruck, who is something of an information broker. He frequents Auntie’s taverna."

13. Vim’s Smithy:

"Vim’s basically a good guy. Hates Loyalists. But he’s been out of stock for months and has become a regular fixture at bars around town."

14. Whaler’s Point, where the fishing boat docked and you got transferred to the cart.

"Whaling boats berth there, offload and blubber is boiled down to whale oil day and night."

15. Ruined Watch Tower, originally garrisoned by Hellknights for early warning against Strix raids.

"Since the Second Ashes it’s been abandoned. Strix have been spotted roosting there recently."

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig confers with Poppo. That's quite the list. Priority? Or should we knock these down one by one.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None
Conig wrote:
Conig confers with Poppo. That's quite the list. Priority? Or should we knock these down one by one.

”Well, the White Thistle group has been mention both by Poppo and by the note, so that looks like a good place to start.” Luli nods firmly. ”After that, we’ve got the noodle cart also mentioned in the note.”

Silver Crusade

AC 22 T 15(19 incorp touch) FF 17| HP 41/48 | F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2 Human (varisian)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-2/3 1-2/5
Spells Active:

Damn y’all are moving fast! Gotta catch up

Earlier

As the Pathfinder group disembarks the ship, it is joined by a young woman who looks absolutely unprepared for any sort of combat. She wears a sunhat, sundress, and darkened glasses. She sets down a large piece of luggage and smiles. ”Wow, when they said this would be, like, an exclusive cruise to historic Cheliax, they weren’t kidding, like, at all! This whole place looks, like, ruined and old and stuff.” She follows after the Pathfinders. ”You all must be, like, part of the tour, right? I’ll just follow you all.” She gives them a knowing wink so they know for sure that, yes, this is Black Midknight’s cover identity

In her social identity, all of Rowena’s magic items operate as though under a magic aura spell to appear nonmagical

Rowena looks on confused during the whole exchange with Poppo as she formulates her angle and takes in the situation, finally stepping forward and waving at Poppo. ”Oh I get it! You’re, like, the tour guide? And these are our official historic Cheliax tour robes or something.” She taps a finger against her chin. ”I like the sound of these White Thistle people. I’m an actress, you know? They would probably be, like, super happy to see me.” Her stomach grumbles. ”Noodles also sound super cool, and I love street food vendors! It gives you, like, a real view of the culture and atuff.”

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Kala nods. "Yeah. Sounds good to me. So, uh... If we gotta dress like this, we oughta act like this. I have no idea how a magic student would act. Any pointers?" Her lip almost curls as she says this. Her inbred distrust of arcane magic is hard to shake, despite having several times worked with some reliable, trustworthy practitioners of the arcane arts during her time with the Society.

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig tries to assure Kala. Silence is wisdom, let me be the fool.

Grand Lodge

Battle Map!
Rowena waved at Poppo and wrote:
“Oh I get it! You’re, like, the tour guide? And these are our official historic Cheliax tour robes or something.”

“OKKKK …”

Poppo’s eyes flit between Conig and Kala’s. Is she for real?

Then Rowena’s tummy rumbled and she wrote:
“I love street food vendors! It gives you, like, a real view of the culture and stuff.”

“Old Madge is cultured alright. I’m sure she’d appreciate a review in the Pathfinder Chronicles.”

"One more thing."

Poppo preens his moustaches, trying to look important. "I have some critical magical research I’m conducting over the next 24 hours, so I’d appreciate it if you could stay in town tonight after you’ve done what you need to do."

“Good luck with the manhunt, Passfinders.”

Grand Lodge

Battle Map!

As you alight from the Guts, it appears the Dawnflower has been blooming for about an hour. Though She struggles to penetrate the overcast Pezzacki sky.

The Inkwell inn turns out to be a former fortress overlooking the northern seafront. It’s fairly empty at this early hour. Entering under the stern gaze of a mechanical doorman, you notice a couple of Sea Singers seated at a table with their breakfast of small beer.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 23:
The bouncer construct is an iron golem, which appears slightly rustier than usual.

A fit, dark-haired man with a waxed moustache and prominent widow’s peak, stands behind the bar with his head in his hands as he reads a hand-printed flyer.

He looks up as you enter, attempts to smile, but ends up wincing as he rubs his temples in greetings. “Mornin'. My head aches too much to say it’s a good ‘un. Most artists and students of the Academy are still tucked up warm in bed.”

“Forgive me. My name is Lorrin Meese. I own the place. What brings you fine folk to the Inkwell so bright and early?”

You may place yourselves wherever you like on the MAP!

Please roll the usual social skill checks as you experience the Inkwell.

In addition, if you’re undercover as an Academy student be sure to give me a Bluff or Disguise check. Those wearing House Robes gain a +5 bonus on those checks.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Bluff, Robes: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 5 = 28

”That’s just the thing - we never get to come out here because the instructors are...” Luli lowers his voice and winks conspiratorially at Lorrin, ”...as hard-assed as your bouncer. But I talked my friends and guards into coming now, when I knew the Academy would have... fewer representatives here who might report us back to the Prefects. And if we’re lucky, we’ll even get to see the Emmy Winner perform! Do you know when he’s due back here? So please say it’s today!” He claps his small hands together like a child

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Something to remember - Luli can force a creature within 30 ft to reroll a d20 once per day. If you want to take advantage of that, go ahead and make your own reroll in your post. Otherwise, Luli will save “your” use of Misfortune for a Nat 1 on a saving throw.

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig will make his way in, sporting his crimson robes.

kn arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Indeed, we like a good poem in the morning. Conig maintains his cover but keeps an eye out for any suspicious patrons.
bluff: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 5 = 23

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

"Nice battleship you've got there." Agirran says passing the metal hulk "Is he from Eberron?"

disguise: 1d20 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (19) - 2 + 5 = 22

"I'm a foreign exchange student teleported in from another plane--Earth 2. We go in for stuff more practical than simple staves."

Agirran is actually a rather intelligent man, and therefore doesn't say much, but rather keeps an eye on things from a table in the corner.

Grand Lodge

Battle Map!

"Who? Emmy?" Meese shakes his head. "Like all my arty customers, he's doesn't exactly stick to a timetable."

As Luli and the publican discuss one of Olandil’s aliases, one of the briny bards in the corner exclaims, “I KNEW IT!”

Perception DC 16 or Knowledge (local) DC 14:
The Shanty Singers look over a paper on their table which resembles the one Meese has unfurled on the bar, speculating whether the flyer’s author is Emmy Winner.

Meese looks up at the back-room shout and rubs his forehead more vigorously. “Want to keep it down back there? There are folks suffering out front.”

He slides the flyer across to Luli hospitably. “Seeing you don’t get out much, you might enjoy an open-air recital.”

“There will be lots of 'critics' with different levels of 'appreciation for the arts' in one place though.”

The barkeep acknowledges Agirran’s silent vigil with a glance his way. “Though it appears you lot can look after yourselves.”

Conig wrote:
We like a good poem in the morning.

“Well, you’re in the right place, my good ser! What can I get you?”

Meese visibly brightens at Conig’s comments. “And I’d be happy to throw in a signed copy of Amalia Wraxton’s verse (in the original Galtan!) for say, 25gp worth of portable trade goods.”

Inkwell Flyer

Tavern Map …

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

kn local: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Conig tries his best to keep the conversation short. No need to draw attention. Sounds like this concert fits the bill. Thank you for your time.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Disguise: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Surprisingly, Kala doesn't trip over her tight gold robes. She has no idea what to say, so she just plops down on a bench near the hearth, gesturing to Stinky to sit. She then proceeds to give him belly scratches with her boot. Her stomach growls. She addresses her crew: "Hey, how long are we staying? I want to order a plate of eggs."

Perception DC16: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Lucky Luli wrote:
"And if we’re lucky, we’ll even get to see the Emmy Winner perform!"

Kala leans over and attempts to engage the other patrons in conversation. "Have you ever seen Emmy Winner in person? My pal over there can't wait to see him. It's all he talks about some days."

diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Grand Lodge

Battle Map!

“Did you ‘ear wot she said? ‘Ave I see, Emmy?”

The head-scarfed female leans into her companion and laughs. “Don’t get out much, do ya luv? I was Emmy’s lady for a sen’night. ‘Til I got jack o’ ’im.”

“Oh, you fibber, Bea!” Head-scarf’s companion slaps her wrist. “‘e dropped you like a hot ‘tater soon as ‘e spied that posh tart Phelerosa Whatz’erface.”

“ ‘er what works downt road at Auntie’s.”

With faces like curdled milk, both women turn in their chairs to stare down Kala. "I’d just forget it if I waz you."

"You’re clearly NOT ‘is type, and *scoff* nor’s your mate."

❍ ❍ ❍

They both stare harder. "Did you say eggs -- like as in a whole plateful?"

"Want a side o' smoked salmon with that? Don'tcha know there's a siege on?"

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

...Crap! Uhhh... Kala tries to talk like them a bit as she replies: "Boy, I gotta remember nobody gets my sense o' humor. I said I want to order a plate of eggs. Do ya'--oh, never mind. Besides, poets ain't my type. Too emotional." She turns away from the ladies and gives some more foot-to-belly rubs to Stinky, trying to cement the details she picked up in her memory. Phelerosa something. Works at Auntie's. She was his...girlfriend? And this lady too, whoever she is. She suddenly turns back to them. "Say, I'm Ka--" Maybe don't give out my real name. "And you are...?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 19

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

knowledge (local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Agirran keeps his suspicions to himself until they are away.

Yours is mined wrote:
Meese visibly brightens at Conig’s comments. “And I’d be happy to throw in a signed copy of Amalia Wraxton’s verse (in the original Galtan!) for say, 25gp worth of portable trade goods.”

Hmm. Should have brought extra socks and loin cloths.

Grand Lodge

Battle Map!
Kala wrote:
"And you are...?"

“Done talkin’ to YOU.”

Headscarf turns her back on Kala. Putting her head together with her companion, the pair continue a whispered conversation, interspersed with a number of <giggles>

♭ ♮ ♯

The Sea Singers aren’t the only ones to notice what Kala wanted for breakfast.

Meese the barkeep purses his lips and takes a harder look at those of you near the bar.

Conig wrote:
Sounds like this concert fits the bill. Thank you for your time.

“Well if that’s all you’re after, I’ll let you folks be on your way.”

The mechanical bouncer pokes its head through the open doorway, but Meese waves it off.

He smiles at Conig. “Keep the flyer. I do hope you enjoy the concert. Did you still want the poetry chapbook, ser? Twenty-five was the price.”

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Why not. Conig puts together some gold pieces and hands it over.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Agirran leans in to see if Meese takes the gold or not.

Grand Lodge

Battle Map!

With his mouth open, Meese stares down at the gold coins Conig counts onto the bar, before glancing up at the spellslinger. The man looks to be in pain.

“UGH! I really am not feeling well. I think I’ll close early and go back to bed.”

He holds both hands up to his mouth and calls, “TIME, LADIES AND GENTS! YOU DON’T HAVE TO GO HOME, BUT YOU CAN’T STAY HERE!”

The barman takes a chapbook written in Galtan from under the bar, and lays it on the counter. “Sorry to have to cut this short. Have a good morning and do come again.”

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig peruses the book out of curiosity.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Great. Now he knows.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Welp. I'm no good at faking it. Kala huffs in frustration and tromps out the door. They're better off without me in there. Boy, I want a job somewhere out in the wilderness! Tracking or hunting. Dang I mess that!

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 19/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Rage 6/6 Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

What, are we leaving already? But I was all comfy, and you were giving me belly rubs! Oh, fine. Hey Kala, when're we going to eat? I'm hungry. After a moment of plaintive whining for her to return to her seat, Stinky scrabbles to his feet and scampers after his person. Once outside he plops down beside her feet and gives himself a good scratching behind the ear. I didn't smell much food in there.

Grand Lodge

Battle Map!

Conig discovers the chapbook contains a number of poems written in Galtan. The preface is signed in a large, looping script:

A. Wraxton

Linguistics or Profession (scribe, librarian or similar) DC 11:
In the appendix, you find an elegant cipher for translating Galtan into Taldane and back.

Once you’re outside, the Inkwell’s doors are SLAMMED shut behind you. You hear the sound of them being barred from the inside clearly.

A harsh, high-pitched shriek originates from inside. “Meese has left the buildin’!”

“You Loyalist spies are better off drinkin’ someplace else. Now git!”

Where to, Pathfinders? Pezzack Map!

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

"Yo, Bucky." Agirran says to Conig. "Lemme see that book for a minute."

If given:
linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Agirran reveals the spoiler to anyone who is interested.

Silver Crusade

AC 22 T 15(19 incorp touch) FF 17| HP 41/48 | F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2 Human (varisian)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-2/3 1-2/5
Spells Active:

Rowena dusts herself of and straights out her dress. "Wow, that was, like, super rude. I didn't even get, like, a chance to say something before they threw us out. Ugh. This is NOT how you treat celebrities."

Rowena's stomach grumbles. "Well, whatever. I'm starving now. Let's go check out those noodles!"

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

”Agreed, but let’s try to remember what the venture-captain said about using actual gold pieces,” Luli adds. ”Karma’s being so nice and carrying all these trade goods for us too.”


N Female Wolf Animal Companion 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: None

”Boof,” is Karma’s only contribution to the conversation.

51 to 100 of 547 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Your Out of Ⓐ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.