[PFS] Your Out of Ⓐ

Game Master Yours is mined

Battle Map!

Pezzack Map


1 to 50 of 428 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Battle Map!

"En Cheliax, il est considéré comme une bonne chose d'exécuter un amiral de temps en temps pour encourager les autres."

-- Abrogail I by Amalia Wraxton

Galtan:
"In Cheliax it is considered a good thing to execute an admiral from time to time, to encourage the others."

-- with apologies to Voltaire

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 31/38 | AC 16 {20}, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 4/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | shield

"Ugh. Where the Hells am I?"


Battle Map!

Your boots squash with fetid water as you plod through Absalom's Puddles district. A thick fog hangs in the air, seeming almost to caress the flesh with an unnatural chill. As you stand outside the Soggy Piper in a foot and a half of brackish brine, you wonder what is so dang important to demand your presence in the half-flooded slum during Absalom’s rainy season.

You recall your meeting at the Grand Lodge just a few hours ago with your Faction Head.

"I need you to be standing in or about the Soggy Piper pub at sundown today. But don’t be too conspicuous!"

"Mind you, make sure you can be spotted by any Pathfinder agents that may also be on this mission. BUT not by any War Hounds or other 'bangers that control Torch’s old turf around the Siphons! Got it?"

Your Faction Boss doesn’t pause to allow you time to reply. “As the sun sets over the Inner Sea there’ll be a signal. You’ll know it when you hear it. Follow that signal to its source, where you’ll be briefed by the Venture-Captain sponsoring the mission.”

“Oh, one more thing ...”

Conig and Luli:

“Cupid will deliver a Love Letter to you while you’re on the waves bound for the Homeland.”

The Paracountess *winks* “Yes Boys, I know you’re returning to Home and Hearth. It amuses me how many Pathfinders underestimate their Faction leader's abilities.”

As she curls her long hair about an index finger ... “I’m just grateful I lead the Dark Archive, where nobody could possibly think that about me.”

Kala and Korum:
“Written orders will find you, while you’re aboard the ship bound for the fringes of the Infernal Empire.”

Valsin smiles. “Yes Agents, I know you’re going to Cheliax. It amuses me how many Pathfinders underestimate their Faction leader's abilities.”

“I’m just grateful I control the Grand Lodge, where nobody could possibly think that about me.”

Agirran:

“Some of your fellow agents may have been given tasks to perform by their respective faction heads. You can help them or not as you please, but try not to sabotage their efforts.”

The Trade Prince sighs “Either deliberately or accidentally, thank-you Agirran.”

“That’s because I want you to report back to me about what they were up to.”

Rowena/Black Midknight:
“Some of your fellow agents may have been given tasks to perform by their respective faction heads. I would prefer that you help them in accordance with our creed but whatever you decide to do, please try not to deliberately sabotage their efforts.”

Ollysta tosses her braids over both shoulders and smiles innocently. “That’s because I want you to report back to me about what they were up to.”

Right on sunset, outside the Piper you hear the music of a large pipe-organ belting out the traditional Urgathoan hymn Danse Macabre.

The sound leads you to a decrepit, graffiti-covered Cathedral, once consecrated to Abadar, god of Civilization and Trade.

Upon entering the building, a catering-size pot of steaming tea awaits you, along with plates of homemade scones and pikelets. A number of other Pathfinder agents have followed the clue and are staring up at the enormous organ that dominates the church setting, apparently playing itself!

You may take a seat at a pew, stand in the aisles or try playing the organ (if you DARE!)

But please introduce yourselves to your fellow agents while the organ plays soft mood music in the background. *Think* Kenny G

Map! It’s also linked at the top of the page & in my header.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 22 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Korum sloshes through the Puddles. Be seen, but don't be seen. Friggen life of a Venture Captain. Upon hearing the sound he finds the abandoned chapel and enters cautiously. He scans the area for undead before moving deeper in. He makes is way toward the provided fare. He eschews the jam for honey. He spreads it liberally on his tiny pancake before dolloping a large portion of into his tea. He lifts the steaming mug, blowing it cool before taking a sip. Well now. Ain't I just the right 'n proper half-orc? Next thing I know I'll have my pinky out and talkin' with a Taldorian accent.

He looks at the pews, but decides to stay near the food. Never seen a Pathfinder pass up free food before. The takes care to keep his new full-plate clean of crumbs. With a rueful grin to himself, It'll be worn and dirty soon enough. He occasionally double checks the strap on his glaive. Otherwise the paladin seems content to wait for the others quietly.

Oath Against Undead Paladins have Detect Undead instead of Detect Evil. Korum will scan the surrounding area for the corrupt filth.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5, Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 4/8 2nd 4/4 | Natural Divination: 1/2 | Active conditions: None

"Hello?" A small voice calls out during a lull in the music. "Oh, hi there! Sorry, I didn't see you at first." A wolf pads into the church on damp paws, a halfling wearing a happy smile astride her back. "I think we got lost back by the entrance - good to see that we didn't miss the fun!" He dismounts easily, walking over to the table of refreshments with a noticeable limp. "Name's Luli," he offers as he walks. "This is Karma. Isn't this weather lovely? It's a great day to stay inside and watch the rain clean the city, but it also makes for a refreshing walk." He grabs a handful of scones and pancakes and makes his way back to where Karma sits patiently next to the bench.


N Female Wolf Animal Companion 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 21 T 13 FF 18 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 50ft | Active conditions: Bless

"Bwoof."

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5, Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 4/8 2nd 4/4 | Natural Divination: 1/2 | Active conditions: None

"Oh, you're right." Luli laughs as he holds out a scone for the wolf before turning to the half-orc. "What might I call you?"

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 14/25 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Huh. The Puddles. Last time I was here was for our first mission. Kala eyes Stinky as he splashes through the shallow,filthy water. Half-disgusted, half-amused, she shakes her head and says: "Stinky, you are definitely getting a bath after this. Even I won't be able to stand your smell."

The sound of the organ rings bells in her mind. Is it coming from the same cathedral? She follows the sounds and faintly familiar streets, entering the old Cathedral with a very familiar giant organ at the back. Recalling the fight on the organ's keys while Stinky cowered in a corner, she glances down at her animal companion affectionately: Poor guy. "You're a lot braver now than you were then. Aren't you, boy! Yeah, you're such a good boy! Oh yes! Oh yes!" She stoops to give him some lovin's, then straightens, noticing the half-orc standing near the food.

Her confidence immediately evaporates, body stiffening in awkwardness. "Oh, uh. Hi. Uh, here for the mission? Did, ah... did you, uh, make all this?" Stupid! I sound like an idiot! And now he's looking at me like I'm *stupid*. She takes a deep breath and bends back down to Stinky's level, fishing a chunk of jerky out of her pocket to feed the wolverine, hiding the flush of humiliation on her cheeks as she turns away from the half-orc.

After a minute or two she stands again, facing him squarely, and introduces herself with only *slightly* too much force: "I'm Kala. This is Stinky."

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 22 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Oh good, wet animals!

"Well met. Name's Korum. And no, none of this is my doin'. Just the first to get here. I will say that the honey is makin' everything at this table better."

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 18/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

A boat? Again?

Conig decides against a grand entrance given the request for discretion. He hates trodding through the mud in his robes and short legs. He quietly enters the space and is about to announce himself when he is taken by the aroma of hot tea and crumbly morsels. He jams a few crackers in his mouth, leaving some crumbs on his whiskers, and takes a seat with his tea in hand.

I am Conig, hunter of what needs hunting. This is quite the cadre. I wonder what they have in store for us. Conig's face is nearly comical with the cookie dust around his face. As you take him in our opinion would shift. You notice a necklace of fangs from various animals. His belt looks like interlaced bat wings. On his hip is an ornately fashioned gun.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 31/38 | AC 16 {20}, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 4/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | shield
Yours is mined wrote:

Your boots squash with fetid water as you plod through Absalom's Puddles district. A thick fog hangs in the air, seeming almost to caress the flesh with an unnatural chill. As you stand outside the Soggy Piper in a foot and a half of brackish brine, you wonder what is so dang important to demand your presence in the half-flooded slum during Absalom’s rainy season.

You recall your meeting at the Grand Lodge just a few hours ago with your Faction Head.

"I need you to be standing in or about the Soggy Piper pub at sundown today. But don’t be too conspicuous!"

You woke me up at a little past noon to tell me this? Agirran thinks while picking some part of last-night's meal out from between his teeth.

Yours is mined wrote:
"Mind you, make sure you can be spotted by any Pathfinder agents that may also be on this mission. BUT not by any War Hounds or other 'bangers that control Torch’s old turf around the Siphons! Got it?"

**BELCH!** When that doesn't seem clear he says "Yeah."

Yours is mined wrote:
Your Faction Boss doesn’t pause to allow you time to reply. “As the sun sets over the Inner Sea there’ll be a signal. You’ll know it when you hear it. Follow that signal to its source, where you’ll be briefed by the Venture-Captain sponsoring the mission.”

"Mission, sun, signal, listen for the smell. Got it."

Yours is mined wrote:
“Oh, one more thing. Some of your fellow agents may have been given tasks to perform by their respective faction heads. You can help them or not as you please, but try not to sabotage their efforts.”

Agirran waves off their concerns. He smiles and says: "Hey, It's me."

Later.

"Oh for the love of...." Agirran hauls himself over to the temple.

Leave it to the Trade Prince to wanna show off his 'enormous organ'.

The huge silver-haired Ulfen opens the doors and looks around scowling. He notes the other late evening congregants nodding back any acknowledgement. He heads to a back pew and without a word he lies down, with his hands behind his head. He closes his eyes--sure that someone or something will soon arrive to explain the next part of this little scavenger hunt.

Silver Crusade

Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-1/3 1-4/5
Spells/Effects Active:
Barkskin
Human (varisian) AC 20 T 15 FF 13| HP 48/48| F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2

A find a woman in dark Numerian leather armor wearing a holy symbol of the Black Butterfly around her neck approaches the group. Her head is covered by a hood and cape and a solid black mask dotted with stars. She has a butterfly on her shoulder that is completely black, like a butterfly-shaped hole in the universe, except for the twinkles of silver stars.

”I am void’s daughter and silence’s wife,
The shadow of a butterfly in moonlight.
I bathe in night’s fire, a silent still-life:
Black Midknight with Silver Starlight.”

Black Midknight pulls out a cold iron starknife from her belt and crouches into a pose.

"We, Black Midknight and Silver Starlight, have been dispatched to assist you on this mission."

I need to finish updating her familiar stats, as she just hit five and it switched forms to a celestial butterfly from a celestial cat. I’ve been dealing with deadlines and my wife being sick at home with bad tonsillitis, so i haven’t had time to finish updating her yet

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 18/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

THIS IS THE COOLEST GROUP


Battle Map!
Korum wrote:
Korum will scan the surrounding area for … undead.

A number of random organ keys depress in an irritating ‘nope-you’re-wrong’ ♪♫ EHHHHH’NNTTT ♪♫ as Korum’s paranormal assessment returns as negative.

The CLAMOR causes a trio of bats to flee their belfry across the Metro-Cathedral’s high ceilings towards a broken window in the rotten facade.

None of them make it.

BOOM!
BOOM!

Three pistol balls – trailing brimstone and the stench of black powder – unerringly find each flying mammal’s centre of mass. Their bodies flutter to the ground like cancelled checks.

Kala notices a cloud of gray smoke rising from the throne set before the great pipe-organ.

A forward flip and two somersaults later, a caped figure holding twin flintlock pistols lands atop the altar, setting Madame Karma to excited barking.

The figure rubs her ear with her piece’s trigger-guard as she muses, “Not bad. Double-shotting bagged me three for the price of two.”

She calls a mock warning to Arrigan. “Rise and shine! OUT OR DOWN, YA LUBBER!”

“Here I come, with a sharp knife and a clear conscience!”

Before you is a muscular female half-orc, sporting a maroon round jacket and cream breeches. She twirls an outrageous broadcloth boat cloak about her shoulders and completes the look with a sealskin tricorne, set at a rakish angle.

“Welcome to the Bat Cave.” The woman laughs. I am Venture-Captain Calisro Benarry.”

“Now, who might you all be? Step forward, mates. Lively now! Don’t be shy.”

She gives your faces a closer look. “Has anyone been shipmates wit’ me afore?”

Updated map ...

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 18/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig draws his pistol in time for the Venture-Captain to announce herself. He gives a small sigh in relief and holsters his weapon.

I am Conig. I've not been aboard your ship, Venture-Captain, but I did just return from a voyage on the Throaty Mermaid. A most arduous journey.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 14/25 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

The gunshots startle Kala, who immediately feels excessive chagrin upon discovering that there is no threat. When introductions are required, she can barely get the words out around her clumsy tongue.

"Uhh... No. I'm Kala. This is Stinky." The Venture Captain's theatrical behavior is definitely making Kala feel uncomfortable. Despite how badly she wants to bury her face in Stinky's wet fur (okay, maybe only metaphorically--dirty, wet fur isn't comforting), she forces herself to stand upright and make eye contact like a brave person. It's a stiff, awkward effort, but successful.


Battle Map!

“A pleasure to meet you, Mister Conig. The Pathfinder Chronicles imply it is bad luck to fall asleep during the last dog watch on the Mermaid.”

VC Benarry holsters a pistol and taps the side of her nose. “As for ardor … I dare say in a few months you’ll be able to judge how adventure on the Payoff compares.”

Kala, daughter of Krokum wrote:
"Uhh... No. I'm Kala. This is Stinky."

“My, don’t you use your words efficiently, Madam.”

The Venture-Captain taps her chin for a moment before gesturing at the hunting companions. “I encourage the disposition of animal Pathfinders aboard my vessel.”

“Provided their behavior is checked by their two-legged companions, naturally.”

“I have no doubt your Stinky will add to both the ship’s color and … ambience, Ms Kala. Carry on.”

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 18/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor
Yours is mined wrote:
“A pleasure to meet you, Mister Conig. The Pathfinder Chronicles imply it is bad luck to fall asleep during the last dog watch on the Mermaid.”

Indeed. I should have talked to you first. Conig is comforted by the fact that this Venture-Captain both wields guns and is familiar with his mission history.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 22 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

***BEFORE***

Black Midnight wrote:
"...and silence’s wife."

"Ya know, most people just wear a ring. But we get it, yer taken and just wanna be friends. Not a problem."

Nameless (homeless?) guy wrote:
He heads to a back pew and without a word he lies down, with his hands behind his head.

He seems to know what he's about. Sense enough to rest up before the action. Seems level headed enough.

***THE PRESENT***
"That's a pretty bold entrance Cap'n. How many briefin's have ya been shot at? Still, I'll admit that was some impressive gun play." He crosses up to her, "Korum, of the Silver-Eyed Wolf, and no, I have not had the pleasure of pukin' all over yer deck. Hopefully the tea and cakes'll stay down."


Battle Map!

“Or in short order you will become very familiar with a nautical item called a ‘swab’, Mister Wolf.”

Korum wrote:
“How many briefin's have ya been shot at?”

“Pathfinders should be prepared for anything from innocents wandering the battlefield to ambush by Venture-Captain, Mister Wolf.”

Benarry maintains her ramrod posture as she folds her arms behind her back. “Those that wish to survive ‘til they’re next at liberty at any rate.”

It's the map!

Silver Crusade

Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-1/3 1-4/5
Spells/Effects Active:
Barkskin
Human (varisian) AC 20 T 15 FF 13| HP 48/48| F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2
Korum of the Silver-Eyed Wolf wrote:


"Ya know, most people just wear a ring. But we get it, yer taken and just wanna be friends. Not a problem."

Black Midknight tilts her head like a bemused cat. ”No man will ever be more than friends with me. This butterfly only flutters with her own kind.”

As if to support her claim, Black Midknight kneels before Calisro and kisses her hand. ”Void’s Daughter is at your service once more, Venture-Captain.” Despite her cool facade, Black Midknight is internally blushing like a summer bride under her outfit, completely enchanted as always by Calisro’s brash attitude and defined muscles. Silver Starlight looks on and sighs.

Speak with Master:
”We really need to get you a girlfriend so you stop fawning over every woman who knows how to do a push-up.”

Y’all are free to read the spoiler. It’s more to be a reminder that only Black Midknight understands her in-character


Battle Map!

“Have you partaken of much society since last we met, Black Midknight? I trust you have not been living as a nun?”

VC Benarry bows gallantly to the heroine and her shoulder. “And if it pleases you, do convey my respects and compliments to your … counsellor.”

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 14/25 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none
VC Benarry wrote:

"The Venture-Captain taps her chin for a moment before gesturing at the hunting companions. “I encourage the disposition of animal Pathfinders aboard my vessel.”

“Provided their behavior is checked by their two-legged companions, naturally.”
“I have no doubt your Stinky will add to both the ship’s color and … ambience, Ms Kala. Carry on.”

Not accustomed to hearing Stinky be judged (usually he's dismissed with a disgusted turn of the nose), Kala is so flustered that she can barely speak: "Wha-- well, uh... No, he's... uh... He's really well... trained." She pulls a chunk of jerky out of her pocket and crouches to feed it to him, turning her face away from the brazen VC while she gets ahold of herself.

Black Midnight wrote:
...Black Midknight kneels before Calisro and kisses her hand.

What the...? Weeeird. Okay, so that one's a drama queen. I guess they both are. I wonder if they...? Nah. Doesn't matter anyway. Glancing over, Kala watches the proceedings with an expression indicative of mildly confused disapproval. Such fancy-type behavior would have been snuffed out quite quickly where she grew up, typically with many deep bruises to show for it.

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

Food! Meat! Yumyumyumyumyumyunmyum! Ohmygosh! So good! Oh man! Stinky eagerly gobbles the chunk of dried street meat from Kala's hand, chewing with gusto. Slobber drips to the stone floor of the ever-more graffiti-filled cathedral. Once he's certain that each molecule of meat inside his mouth has been swallowed, he licks his drool off the floor to catch any last remnants of meaty goodness. Finished, he turns up to Kala to beg for some more: Mmm! That was good! Can I have some more? Can I? Huh? Please? Huh...? Kala? Are you okay? You look upset. His eyes rove the area, looking for threats. I don't see any danger. Oh, Kala. I'm here for you. I love you, Kala. He leans against her, cuddling as she watches Black Midnight and the VC finish their little chat.

He's still filthy and wet from his trudge through the Puddles.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 14/25 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

"Aw. Thanks, bud. You're a good boy." Kala gives him a hug and a good, thorough scratch behind the ears before straightening to her full, imposing (for a human woman) height.

Practically her entire front is dirty and wet.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 22 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Korum watches the interaction between Kala and her companion. She really needs to get out more.

With a sigh, he walks over to her, stopping to pull another pancake off the buffet. With quite consolation, "You okay? I know we just met, but you seem a little of yer game. Can't imagine ya got this far accidentally. Remember that. 'N also don't forget that no matter how flashy, the cap'n there was once a green noob as well. Well, I mean, she's an orc, so she's literally green, but you know what I'm sayin', right?" He kneels down and offers the flat, doughy treat to Stinky. He continues speaking to the hunter. "This fella seems nice enough, but I think we hafta get you some more people friends."

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 18/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig sits in the middle of a lot of commotion, wanting a bit of separation from the goings-on. He approaches the Venture-Captain. What's the job, then?

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5, Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 4/8 2nd 4/4 | Natural Divination: 1/2 | Active conditions: None

Luli kicks his heels happily against the bottom of the pew like a child. ”Stinky! I’ve got a treat for you too!” Pulling out a roll of dried meat, the halfling tears off two small pieces - one for Karma, who happily snaps it up, and one held out invitingly for the badger. Catching Kala’s eye, Luli wordlessly taps the bench next to Karma with a gentle smile. There’s room over here if you’re feeling overwhelmed, his expression says, and the wolf doesn’t do smalltalk.


Battle Map!

“Shall I be mother? Oh! I see Mister Wolf has already taken the initiative. Black with none, if it pleases you Ser.”

VC Benarry waits for a moment, before launching into her briefing, like a naval captain briefing her officers before an imminent attack.

“Ever since the series of unfortunate incidents in Westcrown, that led to Abrogail I ordering the closure of our Delvehaven Lodge, the Ten have waited for the right time to expand the Society’s influence in Cheliax. They believe that time is now.”

“When I surrendered the Grinning Pixie and the Arcadian Ocean district, my first task as a newly appointed Lubber Venture-Captain was to investigate sympathisers and groom contacts in Cheliax.”

VC Benarry pauses to emphasize her next statement.

“My research uncovered an embarrassing secret. We had established a deep cover agent in an ideal toehold of the Empire – the northern town of Pezzack. Have you heard of it? It’s a very atypical Chelaxian town, where rebellion and radical ideas have fomented since the earliest days of the civil war. It is currently being besieged by the Chelish navy, after radical elements in the town murdered the Crown appointed governor and his Hellknight bodyguards.”

“To my horror I discovered our agent had fallen between the bureaucratic cracks and was forgotten by the Society after his Handler died of natural causes five years ago. With all the fuss Grandmaster Torch made at the time about how little the Decemvirate cared about its agents, my guess is someone decided to quietly bury this matter - until I came along.”

Calisro Benarry seems genuinely outraged. “It is totally unacceptable to have abandoned one of our own. It’s past time he came home.”

She stops to calm herself. “In truth, he must be a remarkable agent to have survived out in the cold for this long. In addition, he will have gathered invaluable intelligence pertaining to our broader aims of increasing the Society’s presence in Cheliax.”

The Salt looks sternly at each of you. “However, to garner goodwill for our upcoming charm offensive, it is vital that when exfiltrating our man we paint the Society as an upright, responsible organization, which will be a welcome asset in any civilised society.”

The VC gestures with open palms. “So, in an almond-shell your mission is to get our man out alive while upholding the good reputation of the Pathfinder Society.”

“There are some additional housekeeping issues, but I will take questions first.”

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 18/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

kn local: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
kn history: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
kn geography: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Conig tugs at his whiskers as he considers Chelaxian history and the surrounding areas including recent news of the Decemvirate.

Size and shape of the subject in question? Do we have an image to work with?


Battle Map!

“His name is Olandil. I know he’s a Military Aged Male – but I have no idea what he looks like. That is SOP to safeguard an agent’s cover.”

Benarry continues matter-of-factly. “However, before I knew of Olandil’s existence, I had recruited my own asset in Pezzack. Associate Professor Kalizandrex Poppo, a lecturer at the Universal School of Pezzack’s Academy of Applied Magic. As well as being your initial contact for this mission, Poppo has been handling Olandil ever since I’ve been aware of his existence.”

Conig can confirm Pezzack is a whaling town in western Cheliax on the Sallow Coast of the Arcadian Ocean.

“Let me give you a little background on what has led to the current situation on the ground. Five years ago a combination of loyalist Order of the Gate Hellknights and xenophobic strix burned the city of Pezzack to the ground in a battle known as the Second Ashes. The Chelish navy established a blockade on Pezzack that persists to this day.”

“The Second Ashes began after revolutionary playwright Amalia Wraxton premiered the play Abrogail I, which portrayed the first Thrune Magistrix as Asmodeus’ lover and blamed her for many of the ills that have befallen Cheliax in the last century.”

“Wraxton vanished that night, and rumors about her whereabouts are a favorite tavern debate topic. Her ideas remain popular with a proportion of the populace, led publicly by a masked individual known as ‘The Printsmith.’”

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 22 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4
Calisro wrote:
Shall I be mother?

Oh, yer a 'Mother' alright! Not a doubt about it.

Fearing possible complications, "And what if said agent has found refuge with a new cabal? The Aspis or other organization. Is the expectation to use force? What if he has other obligations? Or has retired? Five years is a long time. What if he has a family? Are we to bring them all along? That may also relate back to the 'use of force' question from earlier."


Battle Map!

“As you are aware, Mister Wolf the Consortium’s chief concern is profit. That is impossible in Pezzack under the Chelish blockade, as almost nothing is allowed in or out.”

“As such, I would be astonished if the Snakes had any presence in the town.”

“According to Poppo’s reports, Olandil is single and remains an active player. While it wouldn’t surprise me if he had taken the odd job for an outsider, it seems he’s shot his bolt and wants to come home to Mummy.”

Benarry's eyes *sparkle* “You see Olandil has already told Poppo he wants out of Pezzack.”

Korum wrote:
“Is the expectation to use force?”

The Venture-Captain's voice turns serious. “The Society is currently negotiating a return to an Inner Sea region denied to us for decades. Hence, it is vital we are not seen as foreign provocateurs.”

Benarry scrunches the corners of her mouth and looks you all in the eye. "Look, I haven’t been long out of the field myself."

"All I’m asking is if you need to take … pragmatic measures against our host’s property or citizens, make sure you aren’t identified as Pathfinders when you do."

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 14/25 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Great. Now they all think I'm a fragile baby. Aargh! You know what? Forget it. I toughed it out with Grandmother. I can tough this out, too. Kala stands straighter, pulling her shoulders back and applying an expression of stern determination to her face. She gives a nod of acknowledgement to Korum and Luli, whispering: "It's fine. Don't worry about it. I'm fine." She then turns her attention to the briefing. Okay, go in, get the guy, get out. Don't cause a ruckus. Wait... "How are we getting in there if it's blockaded? And how're we getting back out?"

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)
Korum wrote:
He kneels down and offers the flat, doughy treat to Stinky.

Stinky sniffs at the pancake. Snifff. Sniifff. Well, it's not meat, but what the heck. I'll try almost anything once. He takes some experimental bites, but doesn't seem to be enjoying it as much as the meat. He keeps looking up at Korum, sniffing at him to see if anything else is forthcoming.

Luli wrote:
Pulling out a roll of dried meat, the halfling tears off two small pieces - one for Karma, who happily snaps it up, and one held out invitingly for the badger.

Stinky smells the meat first. His head snaps around, verifying with his eyes what he sensed with his nose. MEAT!!! He leaps in Luli's direction, but pauses after one bound. A quick glance at Kala confirms to him that she doesn't NOT want him to go eat that meat (Good enough for me!), so he bounds the rest of the way and gobbles up the meat roll, savoring it with as much gusto as he can summon. That piece finished, he snuffs around Luli's hands for more. Once it is clear that no more meat is forthcoming, Stinky trots back to Kala, plopping down at her feet to lick his paws. Hey, Kala! That guy gave me meat! It was delicious! Mmmm... I can still kinda taste it.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 31/38 | AC 16 {20}, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 4/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | shield
Yours is mined wrote:
She calls a mock warning to Arrigan. “Rise and shine! OUT OR DOWN, YA LUBBER!”

"No lubbers here Ma'am."

Yours is mined wrote:
She gives your faces a closer look. “Has anyone been shipmates wit’ me afore?”

Only as an NPC, along with Jack Daw and Frau Blücher.

Agirran comes to attention with a sly smile. "Yes Ma'am. I served as your boatswain, and back-up quartermaster on the Pixie's last tour of the waters around B$@+#-Queen Abrogail II's Infernal Dominion, Ma'am."

Upon hearing the mission outline, he takes 10 on any relevant knowledge checks (see above for his trained knowledges and their modifiers).

Yours is mined wrote:

"All I’m asking is if you need to take … pragmatic measures against our host’s property or citizens, make sure you aren’t identified as Pathfinders when you do."

"I've worked as a ship's recruiting officer too, Ma'am, down in Drenchport." he says flourishing his sap.


Battle Map!

“Very good, Mister … Furry, is it not?”

VC Benarry doffs her hat to the viking. “My apologies for not recognising you earlier. You look much different out of your tiger suit.”

“As I rated you bo's'un's mate or quartermaster in the Pixie, I should be delighted to promote you to midshipman for our voyage to Cheliax.”

She smiles. “And yes Pathfinders, I said ‘OUR’ because I am accompanying you in the Glorious Payoff to the heads of Pezzack’s Fat Harbor, to ensure you make it safely ashore.”

Kala wrote:
"How are we getting in there if it's blockaded? And how're we getting back out?"

“Before the blockade, Pezzack was Cheliax’s premier whaling port. The Chelish admiral allows this industry to continue, so at least some taxes trickle back to Egorian to help fund the siege.”

VC Benarry shows her fangs. “The Whaling captains supplement their income with a bit of smuggling and have been known to move two-legged livestock in and out of Pezzack for the right price, which the Ten have seen fit to meet.”

“We’ll get you in and out on a whaler. When you’re ready to leave, find out which boat’s going out next and do what you can to get aboard.”

“What else?”

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 14/25 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

If I have to get stuffed in a crate, it had better be a BIG crate!

Speaking of crates, and thus supplies: "Any recommended unusual supplies? Maybe we should bring some stuff that they're short on, like food or something, in case we need to bribe anyone." There. Focus on the business. I'm not the weak link in the party. I'm strong. I'm tough. I'm smart. Grandmother didn't break me (completely), so no one else can. Her pep talk continues in the background of her mind as she listens to the answer to her query.


Battle Map!

“That’s a good point, Ms Kala. Gold and silver pieces are worthless during a siege, because they're a trade facilitator –– with no practical use otherwise.”

“Light, portable luxury goods like tobacco, chocolate or spirits are worth their weight in horacalcum. Anything like this would be ideal for the purpose you mentioned.”

“To save you time, I have loaded the Payoff with such goods, which you can purchase on the way.”

Venture-Captain Benarry begins walking towards the doorway.

"I have appointed an Acting Purser, who while not the sharpest cleaver in the cupboard, is surprisingly good at keeping the hold and galley stores stocked with any magical or mundane item you may require. It doesn’t hurt that she knows how to swing the falchion that never leaves her side."

“Now, let’s get you settled on board. It seems the fog’s lifted and I don’t want to miss the tide.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Battle Map!

Any last minute shopping can be completed with a visit to the Purser aboard the Glorious Payoff. You may also ask more questions of the VC or roleplay on the sea journey to Pezzack.

The ocean voyage from Absalom to Western Cheliax is not quite free of incident.

As the Payoff passes the western peninsula of Kortos Island, a carrion bird circles the vessel, before dropping sealed missives from its talons into the hands of Korum, Black Midknight and Agirran.

Knowledge (nature) DC 10:
It’s a turkey-buzzard.

Kala + Korum:

Black Midknight:

A week later as the ship sails under the shattered keystone of the Arch of Aroden, you spot a small, crimson figure flutter down from the enormous bridge and enter the ship via the great cabin window.

“Red alert! Intruder aboard!” Calisro Benarry cries. “Pathfinders return to your cabins and check none of your personal effects have been compromised.”

When Conig and Luli return to their cabins they find a tiny, red-winged humanoid slipping a note onto one of their hammocks. Upon spying the duo, it flits into the air, flips both Pathfinders the tines and disappears out a porthole.

Conig + Luli:

Once the Payoff is thoroughly inspected and found free of sabotage, Venture-Captain Benarry produces a coded message of her own.

“This cable is from Poppo. He asked me not to open it until we were in Chelish territorial waters. Our little visitor certainly implies we have arrived.”

Benarry breaks the seal and hands the note to Kala.

Many faces fail to find the path. Send the worthless ones my last request for a vacation.

She frowns. “There’s something written on the back in another hand, Ms Kala. But I can’t tell if it’s code or a diversion:

Noodles, the highest form of poetry, point all slave masters to my lost memory.

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 18/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

kn nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Conig checks his gear for any theft although he assumes none at this time. He holds most of his things closely anyway.

Nothing missing. The creature was just delivering messages it seems. Conig joins the crew to hear the reading of the note. Strange. Not sure what that means.

Silver Crusade

Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-1/3 1-4/5
Spells/Effects Active:
Barkskin
Human (varisian) AC 20 T 15 FF 13| HP 48/48| F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2

Black Midknight reads over her missive and stores it quickly. She waits for her team to be gathered in one place, then brings them in for a huddle. "Once we are in the city, I will likely switch into my cover identity to help better operate beyond notice. You must all keep it a secret. I normally would not divulge this information, but the covert conditions of our mission require that you know, especially if we find ourselves needing to make a quick exit."

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 14/25 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none
Benarry wrote:
Benarry breaks the seal and hands the note to Kala.

After an only slightly awkward pause, Kala accepts the paper with a mildly confused expression. Why the heck is she handing it to me? Shrugging, she figures she might as well read it aloud to the group. This is accomplished in the mechanical manner of a typical end-of-year first grader.

...What in the world? This doesn't mean anything! Why the big secret over a bunch of... Unless... Is it a code? Ugh. I'm gonna get a headache thinking about this. A nearly-masked range of emotions flashes across her face: confusion, incredulousness, suspicion, aversion, and finally grim determination. She can't afford to have the team consider her weak AND stupid, and the best way to avoid that is to deflect attention. "So, what do you guys think this could mean?"

Oh! Poetry! Maybe that has to do with our Faction mission. I gotta talk to Korum about that later.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 31/38 | AC 16 {20}, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 4/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | shield
Yours is mined wrote:
“Very good, Mister … Furry, is it not?”

"Fury...."

Yours is mined wrote:
Any last minute shopping can be completed with a visit to the Purser aboard the Glorious Payoff. You may also ask more questions of the VC or roleplay on the sea journey to Pezzack.

Hot war zones/blockaded areas require some gear. (Especially if they are so blockaded that a Pathfinder agent has been stuck in 'em for 5 years!) Agirran buys a better masterwork sap (301 gp), a traveler's anytool (250 gp), two scrolls of monkey fish (50 gp total), a scroll case to put them in (1 gp), a bedroll (.1 gp), 10 dice of various D&D shapes (two of them superior loaded d6s--100.8 gp), a belt pouch for the dice (1 gp), and some salted meat (x2--total of .6 gp). This along with the rest of his gear puts him at the limit of his light load limit. Total expenditure: 704.5 gp.

Agirran makes sure he has his spell component pouch topped off before they leave, and that he has four days worth of magical scrolls that would allow him to endure the elements.

He is willing (though scary-looking to approach*) to trade spells with other wizarding types. His spellbook is listed among his Special Abilities near the bottom of his character page.

* 6’ 4” and seemingly built of tempered steel, a lifetime at sea has left Agirran as tough as northern boot-leather and as strong as sailors half his age. His long, hair is as white as sea foam, shot through with splashes of iron gray and is perpetually dirty. Most striking however is his “spell book,” which he's had tattooed all over his body. Up his arms, down his legs and across his trunk, There are still some places untouched by the tattoo artist but as he grows in power those places are becoming scarcer (and in some spots, difficult to read). There are only two tattoos on Agirran's body that someone without the benefit of read magic would be able to understand: the anchor on his right forearm and the words “This Ink Don’t Run” stenciled above his heart in Common Taldane.
Even though his Charisma score is 7, he has a +11 Intimidation modifier. +15 if you happen to be significantly smaller than him. ;)

At some point in the long trip, when he is not on duty, Agirran demands folks play cards.

Agirran pulls out his deck and says: "Hey you. You play cards." It's not a question.

"We're playing Cripple Mr. Onion. You know it? It's easy. We're playing standard rules, with Null Eights, the Fool, the Sender, Death and the Lady rules. When eights are wild, you can pull off a Wild Crippling. Got it?" He deals the cards.

Yours is mined wrote:
As the Payoff passes the western peninsula of Kortos Island, a carrion bird circles the vessel, before dropping sealed missives from its talons into the hands of Korum, Black Midknight and Agirran.

Generally, Agirran Takes 10 on things like this when he can (the modifiers listed above for convenience). Agirran considers all the fish he's going to have for the foreseeable future and considers inviting the bird for dinner. Instead, he eats the bit of paper left for him after giving it a read.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 31/38 | AC 16 {20}, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 4/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | shield

"'Many faces fail to find the path. Send the worthless ones my last request for a vacation.' Sounds like all of my vacation requests. Now play. Ah, my three-card onion beats your bagel."

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5, Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 4/8 2nd 4/4 | Natural Divination: 1/2 | Active conditions: None

”’Many faces’ and ‘find the path’ sound like references to Pathfinders and the Decemvirate,” Luli offers. ”Or perhaps the ‘many faces’ refer to folks trying to find the Pathfinder? Either way, the ‘worthless ones’ could be slaves or similarly-downtrodden folks. I imagine there would be plenty of those there.”


Battle Map!
Midshipman Fury wrote:
"Ah, my three-card onion beats your bagel."

“But my bagel contains lox – so nope. Go Fish!”

The ‘Flat’ playing with you is Ms Eadie the Purser. A plain twenty-something Chelaxian woman. She wears cut-off denim pants, and a blue-and-white striped jersey exposing a toned midriff and biceps that must be magically enhanced. Her left eye is a startling blue, while her right is covered by a black eye-patch. Mousey hair peeks out from beneath a cocked hat, that she wears backwards.

A stuffed toy parrot wearing a furry black beard has been inexpertly sewed to her right epaulette, so that it flops upside-down to the side of her shoulder.

Knowledge (religion) DC 10:
Eadie wears modified vestments of a priestess of Besmara, the Pirate Queen.

“Mister Fury, do you have Missus Bones, the Ships’s Butcher?”

Grand Lodge

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 22 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Soon after the ship is underway, the paladin spends as much time as possible above decks. Noting a chill in the air, he takes out a green-knit cap. A night to remember. Crazy ole cougar. Thanks for the memory. With a smile, he drags it on and pulls it down over his ears.

As stars rise on a clear evening, he notes the beauty of the moment. He begins his prayer to The Eternal Rose. Well Mistress, I don't think its a coincidence that I hafta to find a poem. No doubt a little of your doing. I hope to live up to your expectations.

He sips some wine, musing over the assembled team. Not exactly the team I would send to infiltrate and extract. But It looks as if this group'll be able to hold its own in a fight. Of course, we're not supposed to let it come to that. What is it with these V-C's sending me out on missions to NOT fight? Still, I hope that douche Zamir is paying off dividends, 'cause I really wanted to kill him.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 14/25 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 1/4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none
Arrigan the Fury wrote:
"Hey you. You play cards."

No. Kala's silent refusal is nonetheless obvious. Her face takes on a stony, stubborn expression as she meets his eye as if in a challenge, as if to say: "Make me." It seems she may be overcompensating for her earlier weakness.

Ms. Eadie the Purser plops down and begins to play, and shortly afterwards Kala nonchalantly rises and turns her back on the game, to discuss the note with the less distracted members of the team. I don't have enough gold to waste on that, anyway. Not if I want to afford those upgrades I've been wanting.

Lucky Luli wrote:
”’Many faces’ and ‘find the path’ sound like references to Pathfinders and the Decemvirate,”

Kala nods in response to Luli's assessment, and begins riding his intellectual coattails. "'Many faces'... Yeah, that does sound like the Decemvirate. And 'fail to find the path', that could be because they forgot about this guy. He might think the Decemvirate is worthless because of that--I sure would. I wonder if his last vacation request has any important information in it. Or a cipher or something." She does her best "thoughtful expression", almost convincing herself that she isn't posturing in any way.


Battle Map!

“Perhaps the meaning will become clearer as you close in on your objective.”

Calisro Benarry slides a pair of fashionable smoked-goggles over her eyes. Wonder if they bought that?

“Handsomely now, Mister Fury.”

The new moon ensures the midnight sky is dark, as the Glorious Payoff sidles up to the whaling vessel Thousand Eagles just outside Fat Harbor. The ragged smugglers silently pull person after person from their hold of scant fish — emaciated elderly people, several haggard-looking young men and women, and even a couple of children — each of them looking like they’ve gone years without rest as they listlessly cross the plank joining the ships. In a quiet, comforting voice, Venture-Captain Benarry welcomes the refugees in the name of the Decemvirate, while her crew sets to work serving them hot provisions.

VC Benarry's parting words are reassuring. “The Payoff can pick around the northern coastline flying a Nidalese flag for a week before Admiral Sawndannac’s people will start asking questions.”

“We’ve also got smart about signs and countersigns for verifying agents’ identities. Poppo will greet you with the phrase, ‘The wingless dove protects her nest.’ To which you reply, ‘The toothless tiger rules the restless jungle.’ Got it? Good luck, Pathfinders.”

86-99-86-99

The hour-long trip from the rendezvous point to Pezzack is cramped and unpleasant, but otherwise uneventful. Once the Thousand Eagles docks, two crew members – an aging swashbuckler with leading-man good looks and his tall, brown-furred bugbear sidekick, unceremoniously dump you (and the fish) into a large wagon. The wagon is wheeled swiftly across the town’s poorly maintained cobblestones, before a trap door in the wagon spills you (and the fish) out of its underside, down a metal chute, and into the larder of the Academy of Applied Magic.

A gnome throws open the larder door and helps you to your feet. “Greetings, Passfinders! I’m Kal Poppo! Do you know ‘The wingless dove protects her nest?’”

"What about if I hum a few bars?"

1 to 50 of 428 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Your Out of Ⓐ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.