[PFS] Your Out of Ⓐ (Inactive)

Game Master Yours is mined


451 to 500 of 547 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Where the hell did that useless braggart go? Coward.

"Alright Strixy, funtime's over. Why dontcha shoot at shoot at somethin' worth killin'? Takin' down a paladin like myself will probably get you a really nice nest in whatever hell you end up in."

Glaive {Reach/Bless}: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Korum of the Silver-Eyed Wolf wrote:
Where the hell did that useless braggart go?

Good question! Am I precariously balanced upon the wall yet or still climbing?

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Well I have known that for a day and a half or so, lol.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Luli grimly slides another bolt into his crossbow, takes aim, and fires.

Crossbow, Bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20
Piercing damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

Luli, save that last bolt.

With Kala’s tacit permission, Stinky sends Yellow to an appointment with the Lady of Graves.

The red-eyed strix broods atop the wall as if trying to come to terms with its fate, when Kala’s latest shot blows through its nasal cavity penetrating its brain.

The once-proud avian hunter pitches slowly forward onto an invisible climber, who had been clinging precariously to the wall. The pair tumble to the flagstones of the tower less than ten feet below, the human climber at the bottom of the sudden strix-pile.

We are out of combat rounds

☤ The Wounded (not secret):
Agirran ☤ 31/38 hp
Kala ☤ 14/25 hp
Black Midknight ☤ 42/48 hp

A thorough search uncovers the following loot:
mwk longspears (3), mwk composite longbows (+3 Str/ x3), 40 arrows, mwk chain shirt (3), +1 cloak of resistance (3)

A numbers of YAWNS :O from the assembled Pathfinders, beneath the faintest sliver of Golarion’s moon is a reminder that the party has been on the go for over sixteen hours straight.

By the time you collect your strix proof and sort out Bruck’s letter, you figure it will be another hour and a half before you make is back to Auntie’s.

What are we doing, Pathfinders?

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Once the strix has landed in its ungainly heap, Kala yanks the arrow out of her torso with a grimace and a grunt of pain, then casts Cure Light Wounds on herself.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The worst of it heals up nicely. Grumbling a gruff "Good enough", she turns to Stinky and calls him off the other fallen strix. "Stinky, heel. Hey, where the heck is Aggiran? Anyone seen him? If anyone has anything of his, or something that smells like him, Stinky could track him." Her eyes narrow as she scans the area. Did that jerk get himself kidnapped by more strix?

Handle Animal Comapnion DC 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Agirran leaps down from the wall, and decapitates the three Strix with the most appropriate of his axes, stuffing the heads into a sack. He hands it to Korum, while he drags the corpses over to the pit, and drops them, and the note from his boot in.

"Good job. Now let's get back to our infernal master, that tiefling bastard Bruck, and get our diversion."

He takes the sack back, and (if there are no objections) heads back toward Docktown.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

”Oh, there he is,” Luli replies as Agirran pops back into sight. He seems quite unworried about losing sight of one of his companions - probably because this is not the first time it has happened (or the last). ”Agirran, do you want to tick that letter in a pouch or something? It’s supposed to belong to them, after all.”

Yawning heavily, the halfling continues. ”I don’t know about you all, but I’m ready for some sleep!”

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Agirran looks down in the hole of corpses and back at Luli. "No. It belongs to them as much as anything can now."

And here I thought I was playin' CN. ;)

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

As the final strip falls Conig holsters his weapon and sees to the party if there were anything he could assist with. the enemy’s distance proved somewhat challenging but this group is quite versatile: close quarters in a sewer or flying strix, we had answers. Yes, I wouldn’t mind bedding for the night if we can get to where we’re going.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Patting the wizard on the shoulder, "Gotta ways ta go before yer head is comin' anywhere near a pillow."

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

When you arrive back at Docktown in the late evening, a bored looking Auntie dressed in a heavy robe and carrying a candlestick, welcomes you with a wave of her arm around the deserted inn.

“Bruck has retired for the evening. So I suggest you get your heads down until morning. He promised he'd see you after breakfast.”

If anyone tries to show her proof of how hard they’ve been working tonight, the halfling holds up her hand. "I don’t want to see any Strix bits!"

"Show it to the Lord Mayor in the morning. G’night Pathfinders."

☾ ☀

After an uneventful night, you awake to the sound of the inn staff mopping floors, wiping tables, taking out trash and preparing a simple breakfast.

Bruck appears at a civilized hour in fine spirits. “Got anything to show me, Pathfinders? Did you remember to leave Admiral Sawndannac's love letter?”

Once satisfied he pulls up a chair and calls for one of the serving girls to clear your dishes away.

“The distraction is sorted. My people will light a bonfire in front of the Galtan manor late this afternoon. That will draw in the navy like deathshead moths to the flame! They will also cover you down at the Docks in case the Loyalists are staking it out.”

Bruck rubs the back of his head. “Righto. Public Relations. Honestly, there’s nothing to it. Just tell the people what they want to hear! Sympathise with their problems. Be sincere about it – but make sure you blame the opposition! Ya ken?”

“Use the skills you have and BE confident! You’ll have them eating out of your hand in no time.”

Rules for the Charm Offensive:

The PCs are welcome to use any skill of their choice if they come up with a reason for that skill to assist in a counter-propaganda campaign. Here are some examples:

• Designing posters or other pro-Pathfinder artwork to be reproduced (Craft)
• Giving speeches or other performances in praise of the Society (Perform)
• Spreading a rumor that Olandil is actually a member of the Aspis Consortium or another rival organization (Bluff)

You have both the morning and early afternoon to act.

So I need two (2) skill checks from each player. You can use the same skill both times or different ones, whichever you like.

Each time you hit the Shhh! Secret DC you earn a Propaganda Point.

You cannot Take 20. You can take 10 if you wish. You can Aid Another, but I wouldn’t recommend doing so.

Bonuses are available for good roleplay.

If there are any questions, let me know in Discussion.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Planning on using Diplomacy. have to plan a proper post though.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Kala frowns, deep in thought, wracking her brain for ways to do this. Honestly, it's not her strong suit, so she knows a lot of it is going to be up to chance. (Probably most of it, honestly.) "It could be as simple as some of us walking around saying something about how we're going to get Olandil back for actually being an Apsis agent. Like a double agent or something. Who wants to come with me to do that?"

Once someone is willing to tag along, Kala heads out for a walk to find Madge and buy some noodles. As they walk, whenever they pass within earshot of someone, Kala angrily rants in a voice just escaping control: "...that scum! I swear, that piece of *&@# Olandil is gonna be in a world of pain when I get my hands on him! How the *&^$ did a *&%#ing Apsis agent pass himself off as a Pathfinder all this time? I *&%#ing swear...!"

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Once she's purchased her noodles from Madge, she continues her ranting. "Here, let me show you what a piece of Apsis *&@# Olandil is. Stinky: Fart!"

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 19/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Rage 6/6 Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

Om nom nom nom! Such good food! Stinky is oblivious to Kala's command. And besides, farting on command? That involves a level of planning and self-restraint that is beyond the average wolverine.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

"...Crap. Looks like your soup is better for his guts than that sewer maggot was yesterday. I &*%$ing wish Olandil was on hand to smell THAT! *^$%ing Apsis piece of &$^$. Pardon my Galtan!" Kala looks about to spit nails. Truth be told, she's almost starting to convince herself.

Performance (acting): 1d20 ⇒ 18

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Korum of the Silver-Eyed Wolf wrote:
Planning on using Diplomacy. have to plan a proper post though.

Agirran was just planning on throwing the heads on the hell-spawn's desk and saying: "Get on with it already!" but he waits if Korum has another plan.

Yours is mined wrote:
“The distraction is sorted. My people will light a bonfire in front of the Galtan manor late this afternoon. That will draw in the navy like deathshead moths to the flame! They will also cover you down at the Docks in case the Loyalists are staking it out.”

"Good. Let's-"

Yours is mined wrote:

Bruck rubs the back of his head. “Righto. Public Relations. Honestly, there’s nothing to it. Just tell the people what they want to hear! Sympathise with their problems. Be sincere about it – but make sure you blame the opposition! Ya ken?”

“Use the skills you have and BE confident! You’ll have them eating out of your hand in no time.”

Where did that come from? I thought that was a thing only Poppo, Orlandil, and the party knew about.

"Riiiight." Agirran says and cracks his knuckles loudly.

Away from Docktown

"So why are we doing this again? The Society goes places we ain't invited to all the time--take last night for example. What's the point?"

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Before departing the battle scene Conig will create a trophy from a strix wing to accompany the others he wears.

Craft Alchemy to use acid to separate the wing. DC 15+CR: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

---

Same spell prep for the evening.

Conig helps himself to the simple breakfast and waits for instruction. He starts conjuring images of poster-making and rabble-rousing.

Conig will visit the local library and records offices to map out the local families that may have more influence. Also to read about the local goings-on to see what the populace may be most influenced by.

Kn Local: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

When he joins up with the group he'll share what he's learned. Alright, we can probably make it believable that Olandil is also responsible for other local ills.

Conig will spend the afternoon spreading misinformation about the pain points the local populace has been feeling of late.

bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None
Agirran wrote:
"So why are we doing this again? The Society goes places we ain't invited to all the time--take last night for example. What's the point?"

”Oh, the point is so that the Chelish government doesn’t kick the Society out of the country permanently,” Luli answers helpfully as he sits outside watching seagulls swarm the docks. ”Or even temporarily. And if they did that, we’d have to work a lot harder to do any work in Cheliax, like we can’t operate openly in Rahadoum or Razmiran.”

With the new day, Luli will take 20 minutes to use Natural Divination twice (charting flights of birds) for the +10 bonus to a skill check.

”... Oh no, you’ve got it all backwards!” Luli explains to a patron at the Inkwell over a drink. ”I’m quite sure the Society wouldn’t promote all this mayhem and destruction - think of all the knowledge lost to senseless violence and historical artifacts destroyed by people trying to defend their homes!”

Diplomacy, Natural Divination: 1d20 + 12 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 10 = 24

Later that afternoon, the other Pathfinders find Luli working tirelessly in a makeshift hospice where people in all shades of uniforms and clothes lie moaning in pain from burns, cuts, and bruises. The halfling doesn’t speak as he limps between piles of bloodied straw and cloth to stabilize the dying and stop infections from claiming any more survivors of yesterday’s violence, but he does not hide the glyph of the Open Road on his packs as he works.

My thought is using the Heal skill to provide at least some short-term care (possibly long-term) as well as stabilize when needed.

Heal, Natural Divination: 1d20 + 5 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 10 = 35

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Lucky Luli wrote:
Agirran wrote:
"So why are we doing this again? The Society goes places we ain't invited to all the time--take last night for example. What's the point?"
”Oh, the point is so that the Chelish government doesn’t kick the Society out of the country permanently,” Luli answers helpfully as he sits outside watching seagulls swarm the docks. ”Or even temporarily. And if they did that, we’d have to work a lot harder to do any work in Cheliax, like we can’t operate openly in Rahadoum or Razmiran.”

"Whatever. Probably do the Society some good. Seems like it's been getting soft. Sink a few Rahadoumi merchant carracks about the Arch of Aroden and you'd see what I mean."

Next day.

"RRRAAH!! I'M WITH THE FRICKIN' BELLTOWER NETWORK ON ORDERS FROM ORLANDIL TO TAKE ALL YOUR HALFLINGS AFORE THE NAVY GETS 'EM! HAND 'EM OVER!" roars the pirate as he kicks down doors, and busts face.

Intimidation: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

The rouse is fun at first but wears as day progresses.
"Rah. Agirran smash. Rah." {punch}

Intimidation: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Silver Crusade

AC 22 T 15(19 incorp touch) FF 17| HP 41/48 | F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2 Human (varisian)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-2/3 1-2/5
Spells Active:

As Rowena, our heroine flutters about through social circles, charming her way into all manner of locales, whether they be brothel, inn, theater, or loyalist hellhole. At each spot, she just so happens to turn the conversation to the Pathfinder Society and mention them in the most possible light, whatever that is for her current audience. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35

While she galavants about, she also begins spreading rumors blaming the Aspis Consortium for everything the Society is suspected of ever doing wrong. Bluff: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

The half-orc invests his time among any non-humans he finds. "Look, I get it. Human cities can be trying enough. But here? It has to be worse that being a second class citizen...if you're even a citizen. The Pathfinders? One reason I joined them is that they are pretty race-blind. They see people for their merit. Value them for what they can do and the skills they possess. One of the tenets held most dear is 'Co-operation'. That means everyone. It may be the most diverse organization on the planet." He takes a moment, "Now, they're not all unicorns and rainbows. Some agents are sent into some legitimately dangerous situations. Despite what you may have heard, Pathfinders don't go looking to pick fights." Then a wry smile appears. "However, we have been known to end a few in our day."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"Now then, those Aspis snakes? They'd stick a knife in your back for a copper. Hell, some of 'em would do it fer fun, and maybe not ever wait until you turn around. If a group is starting trouble or spreading misery, fair bet them snakes are trying to make money on it somehow."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

When Kala arrives back at Auntie’s after another long, stinky day Auntie hands her a half-cake of hand-made soap and a bucket of lukewarm water.

“I’ve had people ask me today whether ‘that tall Pathfinder girl is the daughter of the old Bellflower Tiller from the Norse lands.’”

Auntie turns away to conceal a smile. “Mind your reputation, girl.”

The world’s tallest halfling causes mayhem in the Loyalist Quarter around the ruined Governor’s Manse.

As a result of Agirran’s activism, the spineless ex-governor’s son, Darjan Tauranor loses a number of ‘indentured servants,’ roughly in proportion to the rate ‘Olandil of the Bellflower Network’ loses his reputation.

Luli and Korum team up, spending most of their time in the slums of the Tenements.

There they share the good word of the tolerance of the Pathfinder Society as they comfort and heal some of the most disadvantaged folk in Pezzack.

Similarly, Conig and Rowena team up, sharing their time between share their time between Auntie’s, The Inkwell and the Throne Defiant, slowly persuading the masses that Governor of the Sargavan Reserve Bank, Olandil is at the top of a Golarion-wide Aspis Consortium Pyramid Scheme, and is in NO WAY associated with the Pathfinder Society.

Rowena explains how Olandil aka ‘Nigel Aldain’ finances the Blakros Museum, whose dimension-shattering problems are cleaned up constantly by the Society.

At the Loyalist Inn they meet a middle-aged Deaconess of Iomedae, named Valia Wain who strikes up a conversation with Conig.

“Bruck is telling everyone his crew dealt with the Strix situation last night.”

Valia points an arthritic finger at the black wing adorning the spell-slinger’s shoulders. “But that says differently! You’ve done us a service, Pathfinder. But it might be time to go before you outstay your welcome.”

You’ve knocked it out of the park, people! Well done.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Updated Map!

As the time for your rendezvous with Olandil at the Docks nears, you are approached outside Auntie’s by a one-eyed halfling with dirty blond hair and a matching goatee. The unholy symbol of the Demon Lord Jubilex – Dark Lord of Drugs and Sloth, hangs in front of his ripped puffy-pirate shirt.

“They call me Cackle, boys an’ girls. Cackleuhhhhhh? McCracphila! Yeah, ‘cos that’s me name!”

He nods at Korum. “We lits us a fire in the Shorewell midden, which should be startin’ to take ‘bout now. If we’re lucky, it might spread to The Inkwell.”

“The guv’nor told us to cover you on the Docks. So we’ll be headin’ down there right ‘bout now. That’s me and me crew standin’ yonder, that is …”

Cackle gestures at a red-haired, peach-skinned gnome whittling a piece of driftwood as she argues with an elderly white-haired human woman, who despite her modern shades, appears innocent and frail.

“Eat lightening, scuzwad! I ain’t shooting craps with you, Mattie. Ya dice are rigged!”

The kindly old lady smiles. “But Shy, dear. You know you’re my favorite granddaughter, and my favorite sucker to scam besides.”

The scene is being taken in by an aloof, goateed nagaji, stroking his oversized trident lovingly. The bored warrior gives the impression he has witnessed similar confrontations many times.

Cackle tries *snapping* his fingers in front of your faces to regain your attention. You lot ready to go?

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Korum gives the halfling a once-over. "Cackle, huh? Coulda sworn I heard a name like that before, but I just can't place it at the moment. In any case, sounds like we should get goin'." One his way out, he does a double-take at Mattie. With a private smile, the paladin pulls out a green knit cap and slides it on his head. Seems so long ago. I wonder where that cougar in now. She was so...sturdy. The paladin hums a little ditty as he slings his pack over his shoulder. He calls out to Kala, "You ready kid?"

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Luli waves happily at the other team from his usual perch atop Karma. "You bet, Korum!" he answers.

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig renews his magic armor and a floating disk via wands. He steps up onto it and glides along with the rest.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Yours is mined wrote:

The world’s tallest halfling causes mayhem in the Loyalist Quarter around the ruined Governor’s Manse.

As a result of Agirran’s activism, the spineless ex-governor’s son, Darjan Tauranor loses a number of ‘indentured servants,’ roughly in proportion to the rate ‘Olandil of the Bellflower Network’ loses his reputation.

He does wear big furry boots.

Agirran stacks the kidnapped halflings he's been carrying under his arms in a like firewood.

"Alright, git!"

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.
Korum wrote:
He calls out to Kala, "You ready kid?"

"Heck yeah I am! Stinky, heel. Can't wait to be outta here." As Kala strides along beside Korum, she can't help but think: I felt like a fish out of water the whole time, but at least I didn't screw up too much. Clumsy getting by is better than failure, I guess. But man, I can't wait to be gone!

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 19/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Rage 6/6 Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

Oh, we're going somewhere? Will there be meat? I'm hungry.

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

The docks are empty and quiet – almost too quiet as you wait for Olandil and Poppo to show up at the appointed hour.

“Your mate’s late.” Cackle informs you. “Hope he hasn’t abandoned you.”

The Docktown enforcer mutters something about tardiness under his breath before pointing at his crew. “Mattie, Shy, Soggy, fan out and shake the bushes. Oh and don’t give me any o' that 'my old eyes aren't what they used to be', Mattie. I don’t want a repeat of what happened last time with that drunken treant and the keg of alchemist's fire! Took me weeks to get the smell out.”

“Of course, Crackle. You know you’re my favorite grandchild bossy-boots.” Mattie pauses to smile at the halfling, before hobbling off after the others.

Soon after they’ve gone, the water around the dock’s wooden pylons begins boiling. There’s a deep rumbling as water is sucked downwards before SURGING upwards as the bloated, white carcass of an ENORMOUS sperm whale surfaces with a ROAR beside the wharf, showering Pathfinder and Docktowner alike with stinking, trash-strewn brine from Fat Harbor.

As you wipe weed, water and waste from your faces, you notice a number of multi-coloured lights flashing where the whale’s eyes should be. As the sizeable cetacean rocks beside the dock, Olandil *pops* his head out of the creature’s blowhole, like a startled prairie dog.

He beckons frantically to you with one hand, holding the other up to his mouth to yell, “Welcome aboard the PSS Bonnifer Zoot, Pathfinders! Step lively now! We can’t dive her again until we’ve cleared the Pinch – so we need to get out of Fat Harbor before the smoke clears!”

“Follow me down the blow hole! There’s a knotted rope. We had to plasma-weld her mouth shut – seals weren’t working. And you don’t want to enter through the back passage I can assure you!”

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 3 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 31/31 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +7, Reflex +4, Will +4

Are you FRIGGEN' KIDDING ME??! He takes a moment to make certain his senses are not being betrayed. "Are you FRIGGEN' KIDDING ME?!?!" He shakes his head in disbelief. "DAMN! Just bought this armor and its gonna smell like rotted fish or whale puke." Quickly recovering to the unfolding events, Korum gets the team in gear. "Alright Pathfinders, you heard the man, let's get going! We arrived in fish, might as well leave the same way. Move!"

Korum helps facilitate everyone else in 'boarding' their ride, determined to be last off the dock.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Yours is mined wrote:
He beckons frantically to you with one hand, holding the other up to his mouth to yell, “Welcome aboard the PSS Bonnifer Zoot, Pathfinders! Step lively now! We can’t dive her again until we’ve cleared the Pinch – so we need to get out of Fat Harbor before the smoke clears!”

"So you named your undead whale after your girlfriend. I'm sure she would have appreciated that."

Are the halflings still with me like lost puppies?

Korum of the Silver-Eyed Wolf wrote:
Are you FRIGGEN' KIDDING ME??! He takes a moment to make certain his senses are not being betrayed. "Are you FRIGGEN' KIDDING ME?!?!" He shakes his head in disbelief. "DAMN! Just bought this armor and its gonna smell like rotted fish or whale puke."

"There's this spell that all wizards learn called prestidigitation. It'll keep you smellin' fresh as a daisy. Go ahead, sniff me. I ain't had a shower all week. That's rosemary and mint."

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig looks on in disbelief, This is not the conveyance I was expecting. He hovers over to the vehicle? on his floating disk.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Luli dismounts Karma atop the once-whale's back. "Can someone who's good with knots help ties this to Karma's barding?" he asks his companions worriedly. "Kala, can you help me keep her still while we lower her? We've never done this before."

Can't find a trick for "hold still while being lowered into a repurposed whale carcass", so this would be a push?

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

"QUIET DOG, OR WE'LL LEAVE YOU TIED TOPSIDE!" Just like Mitt Romney's dog. ;)

I can just see folks trying to lower their pets in and the pets in question just sticking their legs out in all directions, and not fitting because of it.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

...What the...? Kala cannot keep herself from bursting out laughing. What a fitting ending to this horrible mission. "Haha! What a tale we'll have to tell of this one! Hoo! Oh my word! Hahaha!"

At Lucky's request, she assists with getting Karma down the hole. "Alright Karma. There's a good wolf. Easy now. That's it."

Handle Animal (aid?): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Not sure if Lucky Luli needs an aid roll or a normal one, but here it is.

Afterwards she calls to her own four legged friend as she clambers down the rope. At the bottom, she holds her arms up to catch him. "Stinky! Heel! C'mon boy! C'mere!"

Handle Animal Companion DC10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 19/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Rage 6/6 Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

Stinky peers down the pungent hole at his Kala incredulously. Are you joking? ...No? Rats. Oh well, here goes. Gods save my little broken body. AAAAAAA!---Ooooff! ... Wow! You caught me! I never doubted you for a second! I love you Kala!" Stinky wriggles in Kala's arms and licks her exuberantly, like a puppy reunited with their person after an interminable absence (like ten minutes).

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Handle Animal, Aid vs DC 25: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 2 = 21

It takes a bit of time (and several confused looks from the wolf), but eventually Kala and Luli are able to get Karma safely below "deck".

"There's a good pupper," Luli cheers as he digs out a piece of dried meat for Karma. "Oh, does anyone remember which way is front on this thing?"

What does the interior of this place even look like? lol

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

At a guess-

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

As you drop down into the whale’s blowhole, you may take the opportunity for one last look at Pezzack.

Please place yourselves wherever you like on the MAP, which is also linked at the top and in my header.

The roof of the beast’s throat is 10’ high. Its western half sloshes with thigh-deep harbor-water. Blue squares to the west are difficult terrain.

The whale’s cavernous interior is littered with technological tools, thaumaturgical texts, sealed kegs, and bits of broken rowboat. An intricate ritual circle glows on the floor at the eastern end of the whale’s mouth. Poppo stands motionless in a trance within the circle, flanked by Olandil and Phelerosa. The Chelish noble gives you all a cheery wave before returning to her quiet encouragement of the gnome while holding his hand.

“You’re doing great, Kal. You can totally do this.”

Olandil points in your general direction. “You guys are our security detail. It’s gonna take both Phelly and I to get Poppo through the ordeal of sailing, or rather whaling this hulk.”

“If you’ve got any questions, sing out and I’ll do my best to answer them.”

As the whale glides slowly from its mooring, you hear the sounds of booted feet *SQUISH* into the rubbery flesh above you, accompanied by Cackle’s shout.

“HEY! SOME BOARDERS GOT THROUGH. MATTIE, DON’T LET THE REMAINING LOYALISTS TAG THE WHALE! BRUCK SUPPLIED THEIR AUTO-GRAPNELS – SO THEY PROLLY WON’T WORK ANYWAYS!”

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 8/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Where did we enter from the "blowhole"? It'd be lovely to set up a nice welcoming circle for whoever followed us down if possible. Or is the entrance on the other side of the difficult terrain?

Luli directs Karma to stand behind Korum. "We'll do our best to protect the three of you - just focus on steering the ship and getting us home!"

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig floats over the water to the west and casts an enchantment on his weapon.

Magic Weapon on his arcane pistol.

Silver Crusade

Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-1/3 1-3/5
Spells/Effects Active:
Shield
Human (varisian) AC 22 T 15(19 vs incorp.) FF 17| HP 47/48| F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2

Black Midknight throws up a shield spell and draws her starknife at the first sign of trouble. ”Should have known they would not make this easy.”

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Drawing her warhammer and readying her shield, Kala braces herself for a fight.

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

While the Pathfinders prepare themselves for battle, both ocular implants in the side of the whale’s head are suddenly pushed in, heralding the entrance of two Loyalist swashbucklers.

“You’re all under arrest! Throw down your weapons!” The one wearing a pink feather screams as she twirls her quarterstaff in the flat-footed Black Midknight’s face.

“Bea! It’s them!” her partner cries.

“The fools we saw in the Inkwell at breakfast yesterday, while we were spying on the White Thistles.”

Initiative Round #1 (not secret):

Agirran Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Black Midknight Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Conig Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Kala + Stinky Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Korum Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Luli Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

sailors: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Kala + Stinky K ☤ 24/25 hp
Agirran ☤ 35/38 hp
--
Green sailor
Pink sailor
--
Luli
Conig magic weapon
Black Midknight ☤ 47/48 hp, shield
Korum

Kala, Stinky & Agirran lead us off!

The Battle Map is in the usual places.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +6* (*see Statistics), Ref +5, Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +10, Sense Motive +6 | Animal Focus avail: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 3/3 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Of course they're in the water. Kala resigns herself to a long trip in sloppy, wet boots and pants as she scooches past Korum to get into position against the green-eyed attacker. (Going around so she doesn't provoke an AOO) She takes an underhanded swing with Orc Brains at her target, then gestures to a spot in the shallower water for her furry friend.

"Stinky, flank! Attack!"

Cold Iron Warhammer: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Confirm Crit?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Nope.
Handle Animal Companion DC10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 19/24 | AC 20, T 15, FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +2 | Init +4 | Perception +5, Sense Motive +5 | Rage 6/6 Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Tiger (+2 DEX)

Ooh yeaaah! With relish, the wolverine sloshes into place and bites at the green-eyed person's partially submerged calf.

bite: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 201d4 ⇒ 1
Includes Animal Focus (Dex) bonus

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Agirran shouts "POPPO!! BARREL ROLL!!" and then throws himself bodily at the border.

unimproved grapple v pink (CHARGE! v flat-footed--we hope): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

"DAMMIT! TRIPPED OVER A TONSIL!"

Grand Lodge

Updated Map!

GM screen:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 1/3
1d20 ⇒ 19

G: Bake Sale 2 go!
P:

Orc Brains demonstrates they also work on human brains, with Kala delivering a blow to green-eyes that leaves her seeing ☆✨

Stinky gets in on this double-act, nipping at Kala’s enemy’s heels.

Agirran suggests some tactical manoeuvring to the Zoot’s helmsman, which draws a frown from Olandil and Phelerosa.

“This is hard enough without your ‘help’, Agirran.”

Fortunately for the Norseman’s own combat manoeuvres, Pink Feather is both flat-footed and combat reflexless.

She does have a quarterstaff though.

Pink quarterstaff on Agirran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Pink quarterstaff on Agirran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 *hit* Agirran? I don't believe you buffed?
bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Green Eyes tries the same trick on Kala.

Green quarterstaff on Kala: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Green quarterstaff on Kala: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Drifting down the blow-hole from the top surface of the whale, comes a floaty voice speaking eldritch words of power …

Spellcraft DC 17:

While to the far west, something °°°bubbles°°° in the watery flotsam at the back of the whale’s throat.

Round #1/2:

Kala + Stinky K ☤ 24/25 hp
--
bubble boy
--
Agirran 35 - 3 = 32/38 hp
--
Green sailor (bloodied)
Pink sailor
Floaty Voice
--
Luli
Conig
magic weapon
Black Midknight ☤ 47/48 hp, shield
Korum

Luli, Conig, Black Midknight, Korum, Kala & Stinky may go! Then bubble boy

The Battle Map is in the usual places.

451 to 500 of 547 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Your Out of Ⓐ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.