[PFS] Your Out of Ⓐ (Inactive)

Game Master Yours is mined


101 to 150 of 547 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

You make it about halfway to Gold Street along the Strand heading back into town, before you hear the squeaky creaking of a rickety cart being pushed along by a knobby-headed goblin wearing a woollen scarf to disguise his face. An old Varisian woman walks beside the cart crying …

"Noodles! Madge got yer doodly oodly noodles! Get these crabby, shrimpy noodlies in a bowl! In a cup! In yer hands! I don’t care where! Buy my dang noodles!"

"Save Pezzack! The end is near! Save your noodles! Baatezu hate my noodles! Abrogail hates my noodles! Madge’s noodles!"

Noodle Cart Map ..

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Madame Karma wrote:
”Boof,” is Karma’s only contribution to the conversation.

"You shouldn't do that Mutt, unless you are hoping for a seat on the Court of Supremes." says in an aside to the dog. "It's a waste of beer."


“I’ve heard of mature-aged students but YOU’RE ¡ridículo!”

Madge points an oversized ladle at Agirran. “You won't be chasing many co-eds clinging to a walking frame, gramps!”

“Now! Who’s ready to relieve the poor doggy of his burden for noodles!”

For 5gp worth of portable trade goods Madge serves up a bowl of her signature seafood noodles, which despite their gray, slimy appearance, are quite delicious.

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 4 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 40/40 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +8, Reflex +4, Will +5

Sorry for my disappearance. Odd few days. However, I am back.

Korum pulls out a flask of Alchemist's Fire, "I imagine you might need something to keep those fires lit. I would guess this is worth a few bowls at the least, no?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


"What’chu studying, Chuckles?"

The noodle-addled pedlar taps Korum’s steel-plated chest through his robes. “Leg-breakin’ 101?”

Korum wrote:
“I would guess this is worth a few bowls at the least, no?”

“‘S’pose so.”

Madge snatches the flask out of Korum’s hands, before he changes his mind.

“Personal weapons’ll buy you anythin’ in this town shy of a truffle and prosciutto omelette for ‘er standin’ there.” Wearing an innocent expression she points at Kala.

“What? Fastest thing in the known multiverse is Pezzacki gossip.”

🍧 🎣

The old woman smiles genuinely now, filling paper bowls with generous portions for the entire party.

“Snapjack! The wolvie and the wolf go gluten free. Separate out a heap o’ shrimpy/crabby/fishy bits for both o’ ’em. And go generous on the sauce!”

The disguised goblin looks unhappy. “Pero, pero, pero …”

Varisian:
“But, but, but …”

“Desna weeps, they AIN’T DOGS! Nor are they miniature caballos. SO GET ON WITH IT!!”

With her latest employee grievance resolved, Madge turns back to Korum. “Bein’ locals, *wink* you lot know NOTHING stays a secret in Pezzack for long.”

“Your generosity has earned answers to a few questions about Pezzacki personalities and places if you got any questions.”

“And don’t worry, Chuckles. I’ll tell you when your credit’s run out.”

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 Darkvision | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig takes a bowl of noodles, if offered. Knowing what you know, Madge, you must run across Bruck often. Down in Docktown. How would one get on his good side?


“What floats Mister Mayor’s boat? Greed is good, Casty-boy.”

Madge slaps Conig on the shoulder, while slapping a second helping of noodles into his bowl. “Just pay Auntie’s a visit and pay too much for whatever she’s selling. Bruck owns the place, see?”

“Just don’t settle yah account with anything round, yella and stamped with Queen Abrogail’s head. Ya ken?”

Silver Crusade

AC 22 T 15(19 incorp touch) FF 17| HP 41/48 | F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2 Human (varisian)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-2/3 1-2/5
Spells Active:

Rowena makes a show of being entranced by the noodles, which is easy for her considering how hungry she is. "I would, like, totes love some noodles, too, Miss Madge. I'm just so absolutely starving, you know? Especially from someone else who thinks that Abrogail is basic as all hells. Like black and red everywhere? That's so last year. Yellow is the new black and black is the new red, doesn't she know?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28+1 more if charming trait applicable

She pulls off her "sunglasses" (smoked goggles) and holds them up. "If you like, want to trade stuff, these should be worth, like, two noodles."

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none
Old Madge wrote:
“Personal weapons’ll buy you anythin’ in this town shy of a truffle and prosciutto omelette for ‘er standin’ there.” Wearing an innocent expression she points at Kala.

Exasperated, Kala mutters with a prodigious eye roll: "That was a JOKE! For crying out loud..."

She puts forth a valiant effort to stow her sullenness as Old Madge hands her a bowl of noodles, giving her a nod of thanks without meeting her eye. When Madge orders up a bowl for Stinky, however, Kala looks up and thanks her with all the warmth her socially awkward nature can muster. "Oh. Thanks. That's...Thank you. He'll love it. He's always hungry." Great. Now I'm wasting our time talking about my hungry wolverine. She crouches beside Stinky as he eats, deliberately petting him along his shoulders as he eats.

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 34+8/34+8 | AC 20, T 11, FF 17 | CMB +6+2, CMD 19+2 | Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +1 | Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Mage Armor (AC+4), Rage, paralyzed

Stinky's nose twitches at the proximity of the fishy broth, tiny whines escaping him now and then as he bets Kala to get him food. As soon as the bowl is placed in front of him, he digs in before anyone can take it away. Mmmf! Mmmmnf! Omnomnom! Oh gosh! So good! Not what I'm used to, but man, it hits the spot! Yum! Any more? He licks his chops to get the last of the broth off his whiskers, looking up at Kala inquiringly. Having just finished her last bite of her own noodles, there's a bit of broth and a speck of what might be crab at the edge of her lips. Oooh, Kala you've got something there. I'll get it for you! He licks it all off her face, pleased with himself for helping her and himself at the same time.


Rowena wrote:
"If you like, want to trade stuff, these should be worth, like, two noodles."

“Oh, I like! I’ll chuck it on the group’s slate, Dizzy.”

The old woman keeps the noodles coming as long as there’s hungry folks wanting them.

Rowena also wrote:
“That’s so last year. Yellow is the new black …”

Madge pops Rowena’s smoked goggles over her eyes. “Yeah, and 80 is the new 70, but nobody gives a crap.”

Then Rowena wrote:
“… and black is the new red, doesn't she know?”

“Let me tell you what I know, dearie.”

Madge moves her shades onto the brim of her hat and continues in a sombre tone.

"There are rumors Vedra Sawndannac is losing patience tryin’ to starve us into submission. You folks have arrived in the midst of a powderkeg, and the interference of a foreign power could be the spark that sets it off."

“In which case, we’ll all be seein’ red. That bein’ the blood of the innocent and guilty alike runnin’ through these streets.”


Kala wrote:
Exasperated, Kala mutters with a prodigious eye roll.

“Cayden’s Crystalhue Hangover, girl! Don’t ya think it’s time you pulled yer ‘ead outa yer arse?”

“Give yourself ‘alf a chance, and I think you’ll be surprised ‘ow far yah go.” *wink*

Madge waits for Kala to finish stroking Stinky before thrusting a sheet of rumpled paper into the hunter’s hands. “This 'ere’s Emmy Winner’s poetry homework for Poppo. I mighta improved on it a tad.”

The poem reads:

Can fingernails sing?
How do elves sporulate?
Does the circumference of the moon dream of rain and fish?

Linguistics DC 21:
Which when deciphered using a classic method taught by VC Drandle Dreng reads:

I am giving the performance of my life as Emmy Winner today at noon.
As the curtain falls, I will elude my beloved fans by way of the guts.
Follow me if you want to live.

OLANDIL

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 5/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Luli peers over Kala’s shoulder at the note, bouncing slightly as Karma licks her own bowl clean. ”What odd lyrics...”

Linguistics vs DC 21: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

”...Oh.” Luli quickly makes a few notes on a scrap of parchment and passes them to Kala. ”Sounds like we really don’t want to miss that performance. How much time do we have until then?” He squints at the sun overhead.

Everyone can read the spoiler. GM, about what time is it now?

Side note - If Luli can only see 60 ft away, can he see the sun? ;-P


“And of course you know how to get to the venue, don’t you Engine?”

Arms-crossed and muttering, the noodle purveyor stalks around Luli and Conig in a figure-8 pattern.

Son, I am disappoint ...

“You know what you pair of chuckle-heads need? Someone to take your hand and guide you through the glitter-bomb strewn moonscape that is the local arts scene.”

Madge nods once. Definitively. “You need a date for the show!”

"And don’t look at me!"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Haha! Love the shades on Old Madge!

Madge wrote:
Madge waits for Kala to finish stroking Stinky before thrusting a sheet of rumpled paper into the hunter’s hands.

"Uh...thanks." Wha--? Why do people keep giving me the stuff to read? ...Whatever. Ugh. Kala begins reading the poem softly and haltingly, but has some serious trouble with the words "sporulate" and "circumference". She's moderately sure she has the pronunciation mostly correct, but has no idea what in the heck those words mean (or if they're even words).

"Uhhhh, yeeaaah. Pretty sure this guy was eating the wrong mushrooms when he wrote this. Don't know how you can make anything out of it, Lucky."

Madge wrote:
“You need a date for the show!” "And don’t look at me!"

Kala's head jerks up. "Uh, I don't have to wear a dress, do I? 'Cause I don't have one. Umm... Can you recommend anyone they could ask?" I guess Rowena could take them both. She could probably make that look believable. She acts silly, but she can't have gotten this far in the Society without some skills.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Yours is mined wrote:
"There are rumors Vedra Sawndannac is losing patience tryin’ to starve us into submission. You folks have arrived in the midst of a powderkeg, and the interference of a foreign power could be the spark that sets it off."

The costumes didn't fool the old bag either. Sumthin' fishy about her.

Yours is mined wrote:

The poem reads:

Can fingernails sing?
How do elves sporulate?
Does the circumference of the moon dream of rain and fish?

Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

**mutter, mutter, mutter...**

Agirran looks up from the doggerel. "When did Emmy give you this?"

He looks around for a bill post, and one of those fliers Meese was handing around at the Thistle.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 5/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None
Pub Lady wrote:
“Oh, you fibber, Bea!” Head-scarf’s companion slaps her wrist. “‘e dropped you like a hot ‘tater soon as ‘e spied that posh tart Phelerosa Whatz’erface.”

”Well, if you two don’t want to accompany us - and sell lots of noodle bowls to the hungry crowd there - perhaps you know where we might find a certain Ms. Phelerosa? I hear she has quite an appreciation for local artistic talent. Or is it that you’re worried the keg might blow when the clock strikes noon?”


Kala wrote:
“Uh, I don't have to wear a dress, do I?”

“Nuh. Only tourists and spies dress up for the theatre in this town.”

Agirran wrote:
"When did Emmy give you this?"

Madge *shrugs* “ ‘Round sparrow’s fart.”

Luli wrote:
“Well, if you two don’t want to accompany us - and sell lots of noodle bowls to the hungry crowd …”

“There’s more ta life than portable trade goods, Engine. But it’s ‘ard to convince young ‘uns o’ that.”

“As for Ms Tempesta-Ciucci, you’ll find ‘er workin’ as a ‘ostess at Auntie’s.”

Luli wrote:
“I hear she has quite an appreciation for local artistic talent.”

“Oh that un’s quite the talent scout alright. Don’t stay exclusive neither. ‘er family down south’d be right proud.”

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Yours is mined wrote:
Agirran wrote:
"When did Emmy give you this?"
Madge *shrugs* “ ‘Round sparrow’s fart.”

"I wouldn't expect them to square you old prune." Agirran bails on Greasy Noodlefest 4719 in search of the place they have to be at noon to give it a once-over.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none
Quote:

Kala wrote: “Uh, I don't have to wear a dress, do I?”

Madge wrote: “Nuh. Only tourists and spies dress up for the theatre in this town.”

"Whew!" And there're no tourists here, so only spies. Thank GODS I don't have to go shopping for a dress!"

Kala nods her thanks to Madge, handing back her and Stinky's empty bowls, and strides after Agirran, calling Stinky to follow her. "Stinky, heel."

Handle Animal Companion DC 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Once she catches up, she steps close and murmurs just loudly enough for him to hear: "Our cover's at least partly blown. None of us should go off by ourselves."

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Kala, daughter of Krokum wrote:
Once she catches up, she steps close and murmurs just loudly enough for him to hear: "Our cover's at least partly blown. None of us should go off by ourselves."

"Right. That's why you're with me. Now come on, and bring your fat ferret. We can use him if he can smell." Agirran says still striding. He never walks. He only strides.

knowledge (local; where are we going again. Manukirt Trading): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 4 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 40/40 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +8, Reflex +4, Will +5

Korum watches the pair stalk off. Well, they're gonna die. The only question is if they'll give us up first. Damn! The paladin nods his thanks to the noodle monger. Looking at the remaining team, "Noob One and Noob Two decided to head off that way. How do we want to proceed? Go after them, or break the cardinal rule taught at Pathfinder Academy and split the party? I reckon I have to stay near Luli 'n Conig fer their well being. Not sure where air quotes Rowena close air quotes wants to be."

Just to be clear, Korum is being judgy toward other characters. This is not a veiled player on player commentary.

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 Darkvision | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

My well being is very important to me. I shall enjoy the company, Korum. Conig says gleefully.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |
Korum of the Silver-Eyed Wolf wrote:
Just to be clear, Korum is being judgy toward other characters. This is not a veiled player on player commentary.

Oh you can be veiled. ;)

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 5/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

”I wouldn’t mind a trip to Auntie’s,” Luli ventures. ”The more we learn about the situation here, the better. And it sounds like this Bruck might have an angle we could take advantage of to get our friend out of here.”

And he’d have the best grasp on what the other factions want and how they aim to get it. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s playing both sides against the middle.

Silver Crusade

AC 22 T 15(19 incorp touch) FF 17| HP 41/48 | F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2 Human (varisian)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-2/3 1-2/5
Spells Active:
Agirran the Fury wrote:
Korum of the Silver-Eyed Wolf wrote:
Just to be clear, Korum is being judgy toward other characters. This is not a veiled player on player commentary.
Oh you can be veiled. ;)

Speak for thyself. In the case someone has a problem with me, I’d rather they say than leave me wondering

Rowena glowers at the air quotes. She has spent a lot of time on this cover identity and will not have it compromised by such asides!

”I’m, like, good to go to Auntie’s. It just has one of those homey-sounding names, you know?”


Conig, Luli, Korum & Rowena ONLY:

In Docktown’s chaotic jumble of ships, Auntie’s tavern still manages to stand out. Draped in bright curtains of white and red and bearing a huge, garishly painted former ship’s masthead of a woman as its sign—creatively augmented to hold two foaming mugs aloft—the three-story converted ship’s hold is perpetually packed with Pezzacki looking to drown their fears and boredom.

An older halfling woman, gracefully weaves about the room, conversing with patrons and intervening when tempers flare.

Eventually she makes her way over to you and bids you to take a seat in the tap room. “Welcome, niece and nephews! I am your Auntie. What will you have?”

Auntie's face takes on a puzzled – then knowing expression as she takes in Conig and Luli’s faces, as well as Korum and Rowena’s robes.

“Aaaah, you’ll be the peeps that put the wind up Old Meese this morning.”

The halfling gives Madame Karma a friendly pat. “Don’t fret, now. Nothing stays a secret for long in this town.”

“Now, let me get this straight. One of you ordered buttermilk pancakes with fresh strawberries and cream – and then tried to pay with platinum ingots??”

“That is HILARIOUS!” She *giggles* “You've got guts though, I’ll give you that.”

“Anyway, welcome to Docktown – where everything is for sale. And I mean everything -- if you can afford it that is …”

Please spoiler your posts with a label: Conig, Luli, Korum & Rowena ONLY

Diplomacy, Knowledge (nobility) and Knowledge (history) are all appropriate. You are not limited to just these skills though as you experience Auntie’s.

Roleplay with the patrons and staff is encouraged as always!

Auntie


Agirran & Kala ONLY:

1d20 ⇒ 61d20 ⇒ 13 Any modifiers are added off-screen

As you walk west away from Madge’s Noodle Cart, you may look back from time-to-time to see the others heading east for half a block, before disappearing down a dockside alley in a northerly direction.

A block later, you turn south travelling beside the garbage-clogged river.

Kala ONLY:
You get the impression of blue hair and whiskers moving behind one of the alleyway fences in front of you.

But it’s gone now.

Agirran & Kala ONLY:

So far, Agirran’s scant knowledge of Pezzack has failed him. There is no sign of anything called the Manukirt Trading Co. Warehouse.

Eventually you reach the Shoppe-front the Hellknight Order of the Gate has established as an auxiliary sub-station.

Location 6. on the locality map

Although the windows and front door remain shuttered at this hour, a female gnome stands in the shade the shoppe awning casts. The lapel pin she wears appears oversized because of her lack of height.

As you approach, she greets you curiously. “Hello. Have we met?”

“Is there something I can help you with?”

Please spoiler your posts with a label: Agirran & Kala ONLY

Female Gnome

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 Darkvision | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Conig, Luli, Korum & Rowena ONLY:

Conig seems to think these robes are now pretty useless. But the pancakes were very good! hahaha. Conig returns a small laugh. How about a visit from the owner? We'd like to overpay for things here too.

kn history/nobility: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 5/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Conig, Luli, Korum, Rowena:
First off, petition to find an acronym or something shorter than all these names that autocorrect keeps trying to “fix”. ;-P

Also, the disguises might have been more effective if someone hadn’t used coins to pay for things when we were advised not to. Just sayin’.

”Goodness - it can’t be easy providing for this many family members,” Luli replies, half-serious half-joking. ”How do you manage to keep everything afloat without a budget?”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Conig, Luli, Korum & Rowena ONLY, now officially dubbed Team Lucky ONLY:

Conig wrote:
How about a visit from the owner? We'd like to overpay for things here too.

Auntie opens her mouth like she’s about to say something. Then closes it again like she’s thought better of it. “My business partner isn’t here right now. Best guess is he’ll be back this evening.”

“But rest assured, I can handle any overpayments you’d like to make on his behalf.” :)

Luli wrote:
“How do you manage to keep everything afloat without a budget?”

“Oh, I have a budget alright. It’s just now credits and debits are based on the barter system, which makes book-keeping more complicated BUT heaps more interesting!”

Auntie shrugs self-consciously. “You get used to it surprisingly quickly.”

“Now how about you all get seated, and I’ll have someone take your order. Don’t be afraid to ask for … whatever.”

Auntie’s face takes on an innocent expression. “We were restocked with booze and some fresh food last night. Our supplier had an interesting story about bringing people into Pezzack, rather than out of it.”

“Five Pathfinders, a service-wolf, a stinky wolverine and an old goat. Interesting, huh?”

A 30-something? Chelaxian woman with mussed hair and wearing heavy makeup arrives shortly after to take your order. “I’m Phelerosa and I’ll be your waitress today.”

Conig ONLY:
The woman’s shoulder is tattooed with the crest of House Ciucci. The Noble House is located far to the south in Westcrown, Cheliax.

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 Darkvision | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

team lucky:
Conig takes not of the interesting tattoo on the woman's shoulder. I'll take an ale and bread if you've got it.

Conig puts a finger in one of his belt pouches to see how many expensive firearm bullets he has at his disposal to use as payment.

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 5/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Team Lucky:
Auntie wrote:
"Five Pathfinders, a service-wolf, a stinky wolverine and an old goat. Interesting, huh?"

"Pathfinders? What do you think they'd be doing here?" Luli replies just as innocently.

Phelerosa wrote:
"I’m Phelerosa and I’ll be your waitress today."

"Phelerosa? We heard you're quite the connoisseur of the arts. Rumor even has it you know the famous Emmy Winner personally. Could we impose on you for an introduction, perhaps at his performance at noon? I'm afraid all I could offer for your trouble would be this old bag, but perhaps it would be worth more to you than me?" Luli discreetly lets the waitress look inside one of Karma's packs containing a mix of chocolates and tobacco worth around 25 pieces of gold outside of Pezzack. Good thing I thought to wrap those in wax paper, or they'd still be stinking of fish guts.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Agirran and Kala Only:
Kala looks back over her shoulder. "Blast! They're going off somewhere else. This is going to get ugly, isn't it--hey! Aggiran. I thought I saw... blue hair and whiskers behind that fence. Over by the alley." What're the odds of there being two gnomes with blue hair in this town? Is Poppo tailing us? Why would he...? And where the heck is this place, anyway?

Gnome lady wrote:
As you approach, she greets you curiously. “Hello. Have we met?” “Is there something I can help you with?”

Kala draws a blank. She knows they can't ask for directions because they're supposed to be locals, but what to say? She looks to Agirran to see if he's got a handy lie or misleading truth to feed her.


Team Lucky:

Luli wrote:
"Pathfinders? What do you think they'd be doing here?"

“No idea. But if I had to guess …”

Auntie scratches her chin before turning to stare directly at Luli. “They’ve got wind that someone in town possesses the long, lost Golden Back-scratcher of Furry Doom, and mean to ‘acquire’ it.”

“Hope the poor bugger’s will is up to date.”

Conig wrote:
“I'll take an ale and bread if you've got it.”

“Of course, ser. Auntie has just tapped a fresh keg, and the bread is just about to come out of the ovens. I might be able to dig up a little butter or cheese if you’d like some?”

Phelerosa takes the lead ball as payment with a smile.

Luli wrote:
“Rumor even has it you know the famous Emmy Winner personally.”

“Well I know who he is, ser and have seen him perform at the Inkwell. But I wouldn’t exactly say I know him …”

Phelerosa’s face is scrunched in confusion, before the copper piece drops and she smiles at a possible explanation. “BUT, my ex-boyfriend Grimy Rick is good mates with Master Winner.”

“Your correspondent might be getting the two of them confused.”

Luli wrote:
“Could we impose on you for an introduction, perhaps at his performance at noon?”

“I’m sorry, ser. I have a personal policy of not accepting invitations to social events with Auntie’s patrons. Why I don’t even know your names!”

Luli wrote:
Luli discreetly lets the waitress look inside one of Karma's packs containing a mix of chocolates and tobacco.

“SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!”

Phelerosa fans her face rapidly with both hands, as she speaks excitedly. “Once I’ve sorted out your orders, give me half an hour or so to get ready.”

“Take your time with your food and drinks and then come upstairs to Room 8A to collect me. Your friends are welcome too, of course!”

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 4 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 40/40 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +8, Reflex +4, Will +5

Team Lucky:

Conig wrote:
I'll take an ale and bread if you've got it.

What the?!?! I just fed this guy like a half hour ago. The paladin calms

himself, Ain't nothing for it now. Well, at least he's getting the hang of it. Still, that mistake blew our cover outright. We'll be lucky if we stay outta trouble until sundown.

As the team addresses Auntie, "Those Pathfinders that everyone is talking about, how long do you figure until someone who might mind hears about that?" Adding a wink, "Askin' fer a nephew."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Team Lucky:

“Hard to say. Maralictor Gellius and the Gray Gardener might already know. Then again, the Hellknights and Galtans are usually the last to find out anything.”

Auntie smiles thinly. “Unlike Mayor Bruck, they’re not exactly the most popular people in town.”

“Anyways, Docktown is neutral territory. Neither of those groups would try anything here.”

“Provided your nephew isn’t roaming the streets alone, he’s probably got nothing to worry about.”

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 Darkvision | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Sorry for being slow on the uptake here folks. Missed the part about using gold and didn't even realize I had done it, was just trying to get us out of there. Will try to pay more attention.

Silver Crusade

AC 22 T 15(19 incorp touch) FF 17| HP 41/48 | F +4 R +10 W +3 (+7 vs charms/compulsions) | Init +6| Perc -2 Human (varisian)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
2-2/3 1-2/5
Spells Active:

Team Lucky:

Rowena is still stuffed from her many noodles earlier, so she refrains from ordering anything. She is also rather dismayed at the news of the waitress having a boyfriend, and is happy to let Lucky take the lead there. She instead focuses on Auntie. ”Wow, it’s always just, like, such an honor to meet a woman entrepreneur! You are just, like, an inspiration. I’m sure you know everything about everyone. Like those people you were talking about, the Mayor, that Gray Gardener, and the Mar-licker.”

Rowena hopes that Auntie will take the bait and divulge more of what she knows.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19+1 more if charming applies

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Team Jacob Stinky:
Fuchsia-Haired Gnome wrote:
As you approach, she greets you curiously. “Hello. Have we met?”

"Is that a line? Mom told me about little, fast girls like you. I'm not that sort of boy." Agirran says primly.

Fuchsia-Haired Gnome wrote:
“Is there something I can help you with?”

"Nah, we got it. Just on a fraternity scavenger hunt."

bluff: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

Agirran keeps striding. Like most men, it is obvious that he will not stop to ask for directions.


Team Stinky:
1d20 ⇒ 3

Agirran wrote:
“Is that a line?”

“Well actually, in a way it is …”

The gnome puts a hand over her mouth as Agirran blows past, before turning a worried face to Kala.

“I’ve dodged a number of drunken Galtans, starting their big day out at the concert early. Those louts are everywhere!”

“I was hoping to break the ice, to ask if we could band together for mutual protection -- but if you’re too busy to see me home …”


Team Lucky:

Auntie listens patiently to Rowena’s flattery, before raising a hand. “There’s no need to butter me up, niecey.”

“If you’ve got a question, spit it out! We can negotiate a price and maybe do some business.”

“Here’s a freebie to get you going: ‘Maralictor Gellius’ promoted himself from Armiger (or Hellknight recruit) when the last of his comrades were murdered in a Galtan ambush.”

“He’s a dim-witted bully who thinks if he can rebuild his ranks and make the population submit, Admiral Sawnadacc is going to hang the Knight’s Grand Cross ‘round his neck and give him command of a fully re-garrisoned Pezzack.”

As Phelerosa serves up cold draught ale and crusty bread warm from the oven, a middle-aged man –– once fit, but now going to seed –– shuffles past and bumps Luli’s chair. “Pardon me, young man. I’m still a bit wobbly on my feet, even two weeks’ after the event!”

He leans down to speak into the halfling’s ear. “All on account of seeing the Slender Man rise outa the harbor just afore midnight … holding up a human arm!”

“OK that’s enough now, Vim.” The exasperated waitress shoos the old man away from Luli.

“How about you sit with Mr Korum for a while and you two can discuss how much better life was under the Runelords or something.”

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Team Stinky:

Gnome lady w/ huge lapel pin wrote:

“Well actually, in a way it is …”

The gnome puts a hand over her mouth as Agirran blows past, before turning a worried face to Kala.

“I’ve dodged a number of drunken Galtans, starting their big day out at the concert early. Those louts are everywhere!”

“I was hoping to break the ice, to ask if we could band together for mutual protection -- but if you’re too busy to see me home …”

Kala thinks quickly, almost feeling her brain overheat as she comes up with a stupid idea that could be great if it works.

She act a little drunk, but not too much (she had been walking in a straight line just now after all), and apologizes to the gnome: "Uhh, yeah, sorry." Then she turns to Agirran's receding backside: "Hey dude! Wait a sec!"

Turning back to the gnome, she continues, acting a little slow: "You know guys. Always pretending they aren't clueless. Um. So, drunk Galtans, huh? Haven't seen any yet. Where'd you see 'em? I started drinking early today, too, but for my own reasons. Anyway, that's why we're wandering around like idiots. 'Cause Uncle here thinks I need some fresh air. Pfffbt!" Dang, that is a huge pin on a tiny person. What's it mean? ...I should've just acted drunk.

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 15

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 15/38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 15 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 1/1 | cold blast 7/7 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ |

Team Stinky:
"Drunks. Right. We don't ever get those back at the fraternity." says waving. "Just take your pin off until you get to wherever it is you're going. It'll draw less attention to your ample chest. Come on niece! Or I'll tan your backside."

He stops and points to Stinky. "We still have to figure out how to turn your brother there back into himself before your mom finds out."

"School project." he adds with a smile.

More harder bluff to send super secret message (On'tday alktay otay angersstray): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1


Team Stinky:

1d20 ⇒ 8

“Your 'uncle' is advising you not to talk to strangers, dear. So let’s remedy that, shall we?”

The fuchsia-haired gnome gives a friendly wave. “My name is Bonnifer Zoot. I own an Alchemy Shoppe. I rarely have such an intimidating effect on anyone, let alone tall warrior-mages.”

“If you’re worried about my lapel pin, I can always remove it.”

Bonnifer does so and waves it at Agirran, like a little boy teasing a little girl with a frog. “I’m not a hellknight.” <giggle> “I wear the pin to honor my late husband.”

Kala wrote:
“So, drunk Galtans, huh? Haven't seen any yet. Where'd you see 'em?”

“I’m surprised by that. They’re everywhere! And they all know that my husband was a Loyalist, so removing the pin won't make any difference.”

“Without your help I really wonder if I’ll make it home. Won't you please help me?”

Dark Archive

M Wizard (Spellslinger) 1/Occultist (Psychodermist) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 19.15.15 | R+6 F+5 W+7 | Init +4 | Perc +8 Darkvision | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Team Lucky:
Conig's whiskers twitch at the mention of the Slender Man. He catches the man's arm, you saw a what, now?


Team Lucky:

The Slender Man dragging a human arm out of Fat Harbor.”

Team Lucky Knowledge (planes) DC 20:
In some Inner Sea cultures, The Slender Man is the name of a bogeyman originating from the Dark Tapestry.

Team Lucky Sense Motive DC 15:
Vim is relaying what he honestly thought he saw coming out of Fat Harbor a fortnight ago.

Team Lucky:

“Everything alright? How’re your meals?”

Once Phelerosa has disappeared upstairs to get ready for her date with Conig and Luli, Auntie visits your table. “I trust ol’ Vim isn’t making a nuisance of himself. If he is, I’ll move him someplace else.”

“Miss Rowena, I thought of another local who might interest you.”

“Are you in any classes given by that crazy gnome, Professor Kal Poppo? He’s been spendin’ a lotta time at the Inkwell lately drowning his sorrows.”

“He tells people it’s related to failed magical research – but everyone knows he’s sweet on the gnome alchemist widow in town. She could be stringing him along to pump him for info. Her late husband is something of a local legend amongst the Loyalists. He was killed by the Strix during the Second Ashes.”

Sovereign Court

Male Half Orc Paladin 4 AC 20 {T:11/FF:19} HP 40/40 Init+1, Perception -1 / Fort +8, Reflex +4, Will +5

Team Lucky:
Kal Poppo huh? a name we've heard before. He leans in close to his remaining team members, "Anything else you want to do here? Otherwise we should head on over to the Inkwell and see what's what."

Dark Archive

NG Male Halfling Dual-Cursed Oracle 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1 SM: +5 Darkvision 60 ft (cannot see further) | Speed 15ft | Spells: 1st 5/8 2nd 6/6 | Natural Divination: 2/2 Fortune: 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Team Lucky:
Knowledge (planes) vs DC 20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Sense Motive vs DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

”I’m not certain what he’s referring to, but the poor man does honestly believe he saw what he says he saw two weeks ago.” Luli’s voice is low to avoid startling other patrons as he leans as far over the table as his small frame can reach. ”Might not be just the factions here we need to worry about. And I’m sure there’s nothing at the Inkwell we haven’t seen already - one tavern’s as good as another, you know?”

Especially since we were thrown out of the Inkwell this morning on suspicions of being Loyalist spies...

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Team Stinky:

Kala is plagued with indecision. She's in way over her head here. Dealing with people is NOT her thing. But it's not like she wants any harm to come to this lady. Agirran clearly doesn't want anything to do with her. Kala assumes that she'll get lost at some point, and have no way to ask for directions without endangering herself and anyone else who was seen with her that day. Uhhhh... Crap! This is NOT WORKING! How to handle this without raising any as-yet-unraised suspicions? Her panic rises. She fights to keep a neutral face. Stinky. Right. Grasping on the idea that Agirran so unconvincingly put forth, Kala plays into it, hoping to hide her desperation.

With a pensive, almost sad glance down at Stinky, she moans. "Ohhh. Right. The school project. How is this going to help?" She starts off after Agirran, then pauses to say to Bonnifer (remembering to keep her voice slightly slow to keep up the pretense of being a bit drunk): "Sorry. We don't have much time." Turning back to Agirran as they walk away, she continues: "'Cause if this doesn't work, my father's gonna kill me." Please believe we're continuing a conversation please believe we're continuing a conversation...

101 to 150 of 547 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Your Out of Ⓐ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.